The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beta help please! Red Dead Redemption uber fic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:47 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey guys,

I'm writing a fic which is based on the computer game Red Dead Redemption which is set in the American west in 1911 but obviously Willow, Tara and other Buffy characters are the main guys.

I'd like someone to help out with a few things like, I know in my head I know exactly what people are wearing and what rooms look like and what people sound like but I'm not sure how much of this I need to write out descriptively to make it work, especially with whether I should make speech vernacular (not over the top like Trainspotting but a little).

I guess there's also the requisite grammar and spelling which I'm usually good at but there's those annoying typos which actually are real words so the spellchecker doesn't pick them up. And I'm British so any help with Americanisms is appreciated (especially cus despite changing my spellchecker to US English I think I did this too late and it hasn't picked up UK versions of words very well).

It's pretty long so far (cough27500wordscough). Oh and its NC17 in content for sex and I guess violence though there's nothing particularly graphic on that front.

Let me know if you'd be interested or would like to know more before you dive in.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Beta help please! Red Dead Redemption uber fic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
hmmmmm, old west willow and tara? sounds intriguing. if you still need assistance, drop me a line. indigokane@yahoo.com

if it's not real, you can't hold it your hands; you can't feel it with your heart, then i won't believe it. but if it's true you can see it with your eyes, even in the dark; and that's where i want to be. 'brick by boring brick' -paramore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:42 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yeah, what happened with this? 27,000 words? My oh my.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:57 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi, sorry got kind of caught up with RL and restarted the story three times as my plot ideas changed.

I've started writing again but it's going to be a long one. Thanks for the offer of help indigokane, I'd be happy to take you up on it. I think I'm going to try and get near completion before hitting you up though. Hopefully this will be before September when I'm starting university again!

ok back to work