The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alternate Buffy season 8
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:39 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
So I've had this idea of an alternate Buffy season 8 which is completely different to the comics, how different, well.

FIrst Tara didn't die at the end of season 6 so she and Willow are still very much together.

Second everyone is in Cleveland, I don't get in the comics why they went to Scotland if the Hellmouth isn't there.

Thirdly Faith is also still around and a member of the new Watchers Council which is comprised of Buffy and Giles as joint heads, Willow and Tara for the magic dept, Faith for the Slayers and Xander who represents the human race.

Fourth the main villains are Amy and the spirit of her mother as well as vampire Willow and an alternate dimension Dark Willow who wasn't saved by Xander and so destroyed all life on that earth. She is so powerful even demons are afraid of her and is insane from the grief of losing her beloved Tara in that dimension.

I have the basic story ideas for the various episodes worked out and the over arching plot. Amy escaped Sunnydale before the battles with the first really started and went to New York where she met chaos worshippers and joined them for a while. She was able to contact the spirit of her dead mother who is now happy with her daughter as she has shown such an aptitude for magic. She wants Amy to be the most powerful witch in the world by tapping into the powers of other magic users like Giles, Willow and Tara, then absorbing said powers into herself.

As well as as the story arc there are individual stories too. THere is one featuring clown creatures with Xander and Faith investigating, another featuring a Golem and yet a third about a grieving ghost who could overwhelm Tara and kill her amongst other stories.

I am wondering however if I should keep Anya alive, she would be useful as a member of the council with her knowledge of demons. Or would it be better to keep it a little more real and she is still dead with Xander grieving for her, possibly making him become a fatalist.

I'm also not sure what to do about Robin Wood and Andrew, they both survived the last battle of Sunnydale but where do they go next. Robin may want to stay with the Council and the slayers as they are the only home he has ever really known.

But what about Andrew? Does he stay or do the others let him go, and if both he and Robin do stay i'm not sure could write suitable dialogue for them.

I just wondered what other Kittens thought and whether or not they would like to get involved so any help or advice you could give me would be really appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Alternate Buffy season 8
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:25 am 
3. Flaming O

Sounds like you have some great ideas going...I'm not sure about Xander becoming a fatalist. It's so far from canon that it may throw things out of balance if you are trying to stick to the essence of the characters. As far as Anya, that's a toss up. I always loved her on the show, but part of that was because of her quirky misunderstanding of nearly every situation dealing with being human. If you decide to leave her dead, there are plenty of love interest options for Xander including Dawn, Andrew (could be an interesting turn of events don't you think? I mean, they did have a unique 'nerd' connection) or even a new character. I think your ideas have a lot of potential and I hope they go somewhere :)

Post subject: Re: Alternate Buffy season 8
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:17 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Hey there,

You've got a really interesting and complex concept for your fic, and it sounds like you put a lot of thought into it!

I have one gentle suggestion though: one of the requirements of fan fics posted on the Kittenboard is that the majority of the fic must be Willow/Tara centric. You have a lot of things going on, but if this is something you want to post in Pens, please keep that in mind. And if you haven't already, check out the Pens FAQ

Other than that, good luck with your fic!

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid