The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Working on a fic-need for a beta
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:06 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hello everyone! I am working on a complex fanfic and I need for a beta. The problem is I am not a native English speaker. Any suggestion is good!
Please help!

Buffy was the first to leave after the strategic meeting. The tactical room was in the attic of the big Victorian mansion, (36 rooms located very close to the downtown, former owner deceased with two holes in the neck,) that some of them called house, some others “base”. The house was situated in what was once one of the most elegant districts of a relatively big south Californian city – 100,000 people – but it nowadays the zone was a decadent neighborhood, definitely indented by the already large death rate that got an all but natural increase.
She walked briskly down the alleys of the big villa, making her way toward the ground floor and pausing just for a second in front of a half-broken mirror pending from a wall to evaluate with clear distaste the rags she was forced to consider her clothes, for lack of a better word and of a better wardrobe. Resuming her way down the alley, she couldn’t avoid the thought that a slayer should get the possibility to have better stuff to throw on. Something way cooler.
She sighed loudly, earning some strange looks by the people she passed on her way, fellow warriors, even if not grated with her same powers; she dismissed them and focused her mind on the task at end:
Where the fuck are you, Willow?
In the big hall of the mansion she stopped and swept with a single look all the people chatting in small groups or simply moving through attending their little chores and business. Still, she couldn’t find any trace of the read-head.
She spotted Tara in a corner, listening quietly as usual to a conversation; she was the new among them, arrived just a couple of weeks before. Willow said to Buffy that Tara was a witch, and a talented healer if not a warrior. Buffy suspected that Willow was becoming quietly fond of her, because of the spark in her eye every time the quiet girl was around.
Buffy was tempted to go and ask Tara about Willow’s whereabouts, but decided against it. Willow could have an erratic behavior at times, and she didn’t want to compromise any sort of relationship they could begin to have, making known to the blond witch the essence of this erratic behavior. And also, to talk with Tara in a noisy crowd could be difficult even with the unquestionable talent of the blond witch for reading lips.
Instead she decided to go check the gym in the basement. While descending the stairs to the basement she saw a beautiful sexy brunette girl named JFK – and wonderful warrior, too, for a human – a making her path in the opposite direction with a smug grin on her face. She was tempted to ask if she met Willow, but the sight of the satisfied look on the girl’s face was answer enough.
Something in her pushed against her resolve to shut up. When JFK was just past her back, she asked:
“Had a good workout?”
“The best,” was the lecherous answer.
Buffy went on, and pulled the make-shift door that divided the gym from the rest of the basement. The powerful smell of sex still lingering in the air, froze her a couple of steps inside. “Honestly, Will, there is a girl here around, apart me, that you didn’t fuck yet?”
Willow was seated in the center of the training mats covering the floor, dressed with just a black t-shirt and matching jeans. Both of them had seen better times. She was stretching and seemed completely unfazed by Buffy’s accusations.
“Let me think…uhm…” she said jumping on her feet, with a big grin on her face and mocking concentration. “Jenny! I am pretty sure I never fucked Jenny, yet! There!”
Buffy shook her head, making her tight ponytail of brown-blondish hair whip the air behind her. She let her eyes wander around their fully furnished gym, absorbing every rusty piece of training machinery and weaponry.
Maybe we won’t need this shit anymore in a few days.
“Why didn’t you show up at the meeting?”
“Didn’t feel like it.” Shrugged the read-head, and went to a rack to pick up a sword. She started swirling it around herself with impressive skills.
“And you feel like sparring, Will?”
Willow stopped, went back to the rack and picked up another sword. She threw it to the slayer.
“Why not?” She said nonchalantly.