The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: One-on-One Authors / Beta Readers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:28 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi! I used to be a mega-kitten but fell off the board a few years back due to life's-crappiness. Anyway, I'm back and ready to write my first proper fic! I'm looking for a beta, I promise I won't take up too much of your time!
The fic is AU, based loosely on an anime called Sword Art Online, though you don't need to now it. Basically....Willow, Tara, Buffy, Xander and Anya are all gamers, and are excited to try out the next gen in gaming - virtual reality. They don't know each other but soon become friends! Some become more...obviously haha. Anyway, in the story, they all enter this new game (haven't got a name yet!) and are having fun, totally immersed. However, they soon realise they can't leave, then the game master (Glory, but more insane!) tells all 10,000 players that they can't log out, they have to complete the game to leave. But! If they die in the game, they die real life. So our rag-tag scoobies team up to try and survive.
It focuses mainly on W/T with generous B/W friendship, a little X/A and maybe some B/F.
If you're interested, email me @ kirsty_neil92@hotmail.com or on here! Nearly finished the first chapters so no rush.
Thanks kittens! It's good to be home.

Ps. I know this as rambly, I'm just excited. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:20 am 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Heya!

I'll be your beta, if you're still looking :)

email me at Azirahael@gmail.com, and we can chat if you like :)

R :flower

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:07 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 2
Hiya,

So, I was possibly, maybe, potentially considering attempting to finish a story that I started quite a few years ago. It's been languishing in the unfinished archives for years and I really hate that I left it incomplete. I want to finish it but I'm not sure it's possible as I forgot where I originally intended to go with the story. However, at some point over the years I did map out an ending. I think it's an ending that will work but I'm not totally sure. Also, the language of the Buffyverse is unique, to say the least, and being able to capture it is critical to a decent Buffy-centric fic. I've been binge watching Buffy on Hulu but I don't feel like I have anywhere near the grasp on the language that I did years ago. That being said... I want to try and finish the story and I think I might be able to if I had some help.

What I'm looking for:

1. I would like someone to tell me if the ending I have in mind fits with the story. Is it Buffyverse accurate or do I need to come up with something altogether different? And if I do, can/would you be willing to help?
2. I would like someone who is familiar enough with all of the characters, their language and mannerisms to let me know if I'm staying true to them or not. Plot suggestions would also be welcomed and appreciated (if needed) as would spelling and grammar corrections (will mostly definitely be needed).

The story I'm referring to is 'The Wish' and it's under Dixon in the archives. It runs about a 100 pages + 30 more I never posted. If anyone is interested please let me know (callmedixon@aol.com). Thanks.