The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Initial Ideas
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:21 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Just wondering if any of you ever read or seen series adaptation of "The Legend of the Condor Heroes", famous wuxia novels by Yinyong? When I was a kid, this story and its sequel were my two most favorite fictional stories.

Well, I'd like to pay homage to that but basically retell it by using BTVS characters set in the far far away future that will include swordplay, energy bolts, adventure, and of course romance between Tara and Willow.

If you know of LOCH, what do you think of this idea? Too much, too long of a story? Actually, at first I thought about using its sequel "Return of Condor Heroes" because the whole thing about the taboo between the teacher and student relationship and how people treated them is very similar in how society can treat a lesbian couple. But I've decided to try LOCH because ROCH is much more complicated (I'm not very talented) and it's easier to write both Willow and Tara in character using characters in LOCH. But of course my version of the story will be much shorter not like the seven volumes of the original story.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

Ok i just lurk on here write some of my own stuff i never put on here but i have some idea's.some one would like to write some thing the one i have been thinking about lately is a song by carrie underwood- All Amarican Girl. Willow the first girl that has a possable chance in going pro in football star. at the age of 16 she see's Tara in a diff. light but at Tara str8. (Willow as been out a while and is kinda a big deal with the girls and has dated).Well at lease she thinks she is str8 lol :sh . Buffy is in sports also baseball or some thing. Faith a badd ass cheerleader still with the same person though. There together. Xander still Xander. Anya same there all friends. So yea lol just thought it would be a good read :blush . ok so yeah!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:20 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 8
Okay I have an idea but I dont want to make any mistakes and have it taken off the board so I'm going to run it by you gal's.
First off Jesse never died in Season 1.
Secondly in Season 3, Spike plays a totally different role and Willow really does get turned into a vampire.
And Angel... well he's still the same. lol
There's also going to be new characters and Tara's going to be human. :peace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:04 pm 
3. Flaming O

seems like the ideas are comin', but no betas are beta-ing.

well here i am...

VampWillow is always fun. How would Jesse be important, though? He's the one that died in the Pilot, right? :/ I don't remember.

Anyhow, a Season 3 VampWillow would be... well, interesting. Oz would still be in the picture, remember. (I'm fairly certain that as long as VampWillow beats on him and they don't hook up, you'll be safe on this board. Fairly certain.) They wouldn't have graduated from High School.... The Mayor and Faith would be wigging everyone out... And Tara wouldn't even be in Sunnydale yet, unless she really is a year ahead of the rest of the Scoobies, which I think is possible.

A lot of potential, definitely. First thing I'd say you should do is specifically identify the time that your story deviates from canon-- by episode, hopefully. If you don't have the episodes on DVD, and you're not really very worried about the vague potential of getting a virus or two, I'd go on http://www.sidereel.com/Buffy_The_Vampire_Slayer and watch a few Season 3 episodes. As I remember, that was the season of "the Fluke," maybe you want to bring that into the picture as well?

Of course, you could always just dive right into it, it'd probably be just as good. I'm freakish to the point of inaction when it comes to canon/non-canon stuff, but that doesn't mean you should be. haha...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:17 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

i will probably just bring jesse in only to kill him off again :p cuz im mean like that. lol. but the thing with Oz being in the story im not so sure about. Im not sure if i actually want him to be there. ill probably just have him in the background, not actually ever having dated Willow. Just them being good friends. And i'll also prob have Faith come in but no Mayer.this is kinda like my wacked out version of Buffy. :peace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:36 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

What if Willow had used the spell that animated Jack? How does one then turn part-zombie Tara into real living Tara?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:44 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 1
An idea that has rattled my brain for a bit-
Setting: Basic Buffyverse
Timing: uncertain
Question: Where did Tara come from... and what if that were significant in ways that would come back to bite her and everyone around her.
Premise: Tara was from a little mining town in the mountains, though she never speaks of it. At some point (the fated birthday is one possibility) she has an undeniable need to return there... and does so in such a way that it badly scares Willow. Willow follows and finds out this is a town called Silent Hill, where some very bad things have taken place and a minor Hellmouth was opened, shrouding the town in ash and breaking down barriers of reality within it's hold. What does Tara have to do with it? Well, our sainted heroine is tied to this town, the story that created it, and the horror that has befallen it. And now that those ties have called her back, it is up to Willow to find out the past, survive the present, and save their future.
Problems: It's a cross into a movie from a gaaaaame (wail of despair, these usually don't turn out well)- although I never played the game. The movie had such amazing atmosphere that it inspired me, but I don't know that I could create that kind of feel in prose. There is likely to be huge problems with the fact that Tara's story will, by necessity, be more than a little like Allesa's. It would have to be long and more than a bit disturbing, which may limit the audience. I don't write smut, which would cut the audience a LOT.
BTW: I am not territorial regarding ideas. If this tickles someone's muse, please feel free to take the idea and run with it. Like I said, I don't know that I have the skill necessary to make this work.

Any suggestions?

Never

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:54 pm 
3. Flaming O

NeverChosen - having never played the game OR seen the movie, my suggestions will be vague (scary movies and video games scare the ever-living bejeeezus out of me). But you have a lot here, so I do have suggestions.

First, I would say go with the 'Tara might be a demon' birthday. That's a great hook, and a great way for her to be drawn back to the town. Second, I would alter Tara's backstory from Allesa's as much as possible (again, don't know the story, but you say Tara's story would be like Allesa's by necessity): if it's the atmosphere you're drawn to, you can change the story and keep the atmosphere. I'd say alter the story to Tara, rather than altering Tara to the story ... if that makes sense. One possibility is the aforementioned demon birthday ... you could absolutely get a spooky atmosphere out of a story where a) Tara really IS a demon or b) Tara's the only one from the town who ISN'T a demon. Altering the story could lessen the 'disturbing' factor, which would open the story to a wider audience.

As for duplicating the atmosphere in prose ... I can only say, find some spooky stuff to read. I recommend HP Lovecraft, which I cannot read when it is dark. And just remember to take your time and set the scene. There's a lot you can do with a dusty road and a yellow sky that's so full of ash it stings the eyes. Just visualize it and write down what you see.

-Sass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:07 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I would be remiss if I tried to simply adopt Tara's name and attach it to another's story. It was a convenient coincidence that the movie character Allesa's story seemed like one easy to adapt to Tara's vague canon backstory. The only big thing that I would be changing would be Tara's demon story being something known not only by the family, but by the entire town.
Using the birthday seems like a good solution to many of my problems, once I think about it... I gravitate in my daydreams of W/T to their incarnates at the beginning of S6 (where I first started watching BtVS), but there are too many preexisting issues at that point that would demand screen time.
Regardless, this story will likely be turned around in my mind for a minimum of several months before anything major is written. I'm slow...

Thanx for the help,
Never

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:56 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I and several others have come up with a workable idea to heal Zombie-Tara by the end of my fic, thus making it ok as a Pens fic, I will start writing it soonish.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:56 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I'm not sure if this is still being updated or what but I was actually hoping for some help. It's my first foray into the Buffyverse that's this extensive and my first Willow/Tara.

I'm writing a AU fanfic right now that's based in New York. Willow, Xander, and Jesse are in a band that's recently come into a lot of success after three years of trying to get signed on. Willow feels as if it's less about them as individuals and more about them as a unit. Anya is their manager. They're still based in SunnyD, Cali, and have a dedicated if small fanbase there among teenagers and people their age. Willow is severely depressed and Xander found her attempting suicide after her girlfriend leaves her.

Willow is going to a therapist, Giles, who finds out the only therapist she's ever had is her overbearing mother who she's afraid to talk to and her father prescribes her anti-depressants that she's stopped taking for the first time in years. After the first meeting he recommends she relax and take a break from the band. Fearing the lawsuit, Willow goes for a long walk and finds a small diner.

Tara is an overworked waitress in her dad's diner who recommends the steak and potatoes, warm apple pie and hot chocolate. They strike up a conversation and Willow leaves feeling less stressed, giving Tara a huge tip. They make it a habit to speak more often.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:01 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Wow, suicide that's a huge amount of agnst. I love any story, though as long as its well done. What's the cause for Will' depression? Traumatic experience, stress over the band, parents emotionally absent? Or one of a million other things?

I have some thoughts for a post Chosen fic and possible complications of Willow's spell. Mainly that the Slayer line wasn't supposed to be shared, so the new Slayers are weaker. Maybe 75% of the speed and stregnth, but the dreams, memories and the knowing a vamp on sight aren't there. The vamps and demons are gonna go after these girls, so the Scoobies need to find and train them quickly. (Slayer School) Willow is connected to the Slayer, she can sense then, like little lights. Will is also connected to the magic sythe Buffy used. When she is in contact with it, She gains all the Slayer powers, but can't use her magics. (Otherwise I think that would give her far to much power.) When she drops it, the powers fade within about ten minutes, and she is weakened for a while afterword. To the Slayers, the scythe is now just a weapon. Buffy gets her fabled with from the PTB. Tara comes back, possibly because it fits into the PTB manipulations? I'd like to have JFK, but I know the KB rules, so I can go without her very minor role, or maybe I'll post somewhere else with a link here. So W/T are reunited, but Will is holding back. She knows she has to tell Tara everything, but is terrified of losing her again. Tara finally finds out, angst ensues. Tara avoids Willow, who respects the blonde's need for space. Willow doesn't touch magic at all, trying to prove to Tara that she is better. Since magic is a part of her, not using it starts affecting her health. Someone gives Tara a reality check, how Will is trying so hard, and how much it hurts her, emotionally and physically. Tara considers this, but still isn't completely convinced. Buff and Tara end up in the future with Fray. They have to face down Harth and Dark Willow. Tara ends up having to kill Dark Willow after she regains her humanity, like how Buffy had to kill Angel. Willow pulls Tara, Buffy and Fray back to this timeline. (I wanna have Edna Giles show up somehow, too.) Tara is beaten up and shaken, immeadiately taking comfort in Willow's arms. Willow carries her to Tara's bed and tucks her in. Tara asks her to stay. Willow crawls in beside her and holds her in a protective embrace. Tara tries to kiss her, but Will pulls away, saying that Tara is emotionally vulnerable, not to mention exhausted, and that tomorrow, after a good nights rest, they can see where their relationship stands. They get back together, and then my mind blanks on ideas, other than a couple of scenes.

I haven't read season 8, but I've been spoiled a lot, and plan on using the cool ideas, and ignoring the ones the ones that made me go WTF?

Note: Fray is the Slayer of like the 23 century. Harth is her Big Bad. They were in s8, and their own spinoff. Edna Giles is Rupert Giles' great? grandmother, and former head of the Concil. She was in the Tales of the Vampires comic.

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:21 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
Okay i have a little idea for a medieval fantasy AU.
Willow is a princess. Tara is a commoner and mabye a witch.
There may be some kind of adventure which brings them together.
Possibly when they are together, King Giles holds a tournament at the suggestion of Amy and the victor is offered Willows hand in marriage. Tara secretly enters the competition under a false name.
Or it may be something completlely different.

Thank you Hemiola for spotting the silly mistakes. The their instead of there wasn't intentional, it was just stupid. Furthermore I took your advice and read the Scoobies Teach Grammar twice today. Hopefully it'll help in the future.

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.
Who are You

Last edited by Mgraham93 on Tue May 17, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:53 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

A good "sword-and-sorcery" AU idea, but...

You must improve your vocabulary and grammar, for example--

There is no such word as "coronated"; you mean crowned

You need to learn the difference between "their" and "there"

You might want to check out the excellent "W & T Teach Grammar" threads on this board. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:49 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 4
Hi there,

As I think I mentioned in my Introduction post, I've been writing fanfic for about two or three years now, after having a few false starts in the past. I'm still relatively new to writing W/T focused fics, but not Buffy fics as a whole, so whether or not I can actually write W/T well remains to be seen. So, after debating with myself for a few days now, I've decided to just take a risk, and ask for help.

I'm pretty much in love with darker versions of characters (Ex. I've written a full-length VampBuffy fanfic in the past that I got a decent amount of praise for on Fanfiction.net), so my imagination somehow came up with the idea of writing a fic that takes place in the Wishverse. The story would involve that 'verse's versions of Willow and Tara, who would both be vampires. Tara would have a soul given to her by the Powers That Be, while Willow would be the same version of her that was seen in "The Wish" and "Dopplegangland" from Season 3. I started scribbling the first couple rough ideas of it into one of my notebooks, and I managed to get a first chapter done, but I've reached a point where I'm truly just lost.

My issues are basically having a strong plot that can sustain the story through the rest of the beginning, middle, and end. I'm seemingly having trouble figuring out exactly what should happen to the Vamped versions of these characters. I have a faint idea that involves VampWillow being turned against the Master by VampTara, but exactly how I could do this eludes my imagination. There's also the stray idea that I want VampTara to lose her soul about halfway through the story, but she would eventually regain it, or continue to 'live' without it in the fic (I honestly can't decide).

So, this is what I have planned out for sure at this point in time: VampTara is basically suffering through the same things as Angel's doppleganger in the Wishverse, although she's escaped much of the torture that Angel has. She is a champion chosen by the Powers, as a result, has a soul, much like Angel (apart from being cursed). She and Angel were in Sunnydale when the Master rose during the Harvest, and, due to the lack of a Slayer within the town, was captured along with Angel. Eventually, VampWillow turns her sights on the other ensouled prisoner that she has, or 'pet' as she sees the other vampire and Angel. VampWillow treats VampTara better than she does Angel, which would lead into her learning out about the vampire knowing how to cast Magick. The Wishverse version of Xander knows about this as well, but Willow ensures that he doesn't let the Master know about it. VampWillow is very possessive about VampTara, and to a smaller extent, Angel.

And then...my imagination goes haywire and I get lost. I know that I can write this, I just need some help in the planning aspect of it all.

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

"I've always been a big fan of books." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:34 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi kittens :bigwave

I'm just starting to write my very first fanfic. I've got a general outline of an AU story where the girls meet at work (I know it's been done a million times and may be boring for some people). I'm just after a bit of advice on location. I want to set it in Melbourne, Australia as that's where I live and I can describe the scenery much better than if I set it in America where I've never been. Would that be weird for people to have them as Aussies? I know it's an AU and I can take poetic licence on things but I just wanted to ask people's opinions.

Thanks!
Kim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:55 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
kimmy_s wrote:
Would that be weird for people to have them as Aussies? I know it's an AU and I can take poetic licence on things but I just wanted to ask people's opinions.

Thanks!
Kim

I can't think of too many fics outside of historical ones where they're not American. I've read ones set in England that felt slightly jarring but it might have been down to writing. If you were worried about them being full blown Aussies, you could have them be Americans living in Australia.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:44 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi Laragh

That just might work, thanks for commenting. I'll start writing and see how it goes.

Cheers
Kim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:58 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 4
Ever had an idea that sounds really awesome but you have no idea on where to begin with it? Well...I'm having one of those right now.

I had this idea from seeing all the Supernatural stuff on my Tumblr feed, where Tara would be a Demon hunter, and she ends up rescuing Willow, and they get to know each other over the course of traveling the country. I've got one or two scenes planned out ,but other than that, I'm just having trouble getting this idea off the ground.

Anyone have any suggestions?

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

"I've always been a big fan of books." - Amber Benson