The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Initial Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:46 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
I love GI Joe Sithy, that's a fantastic idea for a fic, I still have all my action figures from 1986-89, not MIB of course, they've all been well played with!

can't wait for the W/T sparks to fly in that setting. I can only sit and wait with anticipation to see what nasty Cobra plot the Joes have to foil. Can Tara pretty please be a Conquest pilot?? Pretty please...or is that just me trying to relive Captain Red :paranoid or residual anger leaking at the fact that my parents bought me the Night Raven instead of the Conquest!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:57 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

I'm not sure where to put ths, I had an idea for a fan-fiction involving W/T and some of my favorite childhood characters of Mister Rogers, and I was wondering what people might think of the idea. I thought of it shortly after feeling that I hated W/T's fight in "All the Way". I felt I needed to have Willow witness the distruction magic may have - Lady Elaine has done some rotten sometimes, maybe that could let Willow see the effect it has.

I wrote ideas on paper, figuring that Fred's program was always about helping people (okay children) find ways to solve their problems without overdoing it. :tara couldn't really explain her fears to :willow without fear, and so I thought a calm envirement could help them understand each other.

By the Power of Grayskull!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:15 am 
3. Flaming O

(removed)

Last edited by MagicPancakes on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:09 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

OK, this is going to sound like a weird idea, but then again, I've had a lot of those lately, and have managed to work them into moderately successful fics.

Anyways, I've always wanted to try to write a Buffy/Transformers fic. In fact, my very first foray into the realm of fanfiction was a Buffy/Transformers: Armada fic (that I started three years ago and, sadly, have not finished yet). In any case, I was hoping to write one within the whole Kitten rules (namely, that Willow and Tara meet and get together).

After thinking about it, I finally decided on a scenario I think could work. One of the Japanese series, Masterforce, is unique among the various shows in that, with the exception of several characters, the majority of the characters are human beings.

I was planning to add the Buffy cast the various human characters in the fic, making Buffy, Willow and Xander the Autobot Headmaster Junior characters Shuta (Siren), Minerva (Nightbeat) and Cab (Hosehead), while making Faith, Spike and Angelus as the Decepticon Headmaster Junior character Wilder (Fangry), Bullhorn (Horri-Bull) and Cancer (Squeezeplay). I don't have any real ideas on how to add Buffy cast to the Godmaster characters, so there's a better than average chance that they will be dropped.

Now Tara's role in this fic is what I think is the most interesting. I wanted to have her take over the role of Ginrai, a trucker who becomes involved in the Autobot/Decepticon conflict and gains control of a truck which is actually a Transformer body based on that of Optimus Prime.

This idea could use a lot of fleshing out, and probably wouldn't make much sense to any but the more geeky kittens (like Chris), but this is a fic I would like to write sometime, if only to pursue my career as a criminally insane write.

And if you need more info on the series, feel free to check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transforme ... asterforce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:38 am 
3. Flaming O

Alex, if you can pull that off, I'll love you forever. *is a Masterforce fan*

(And finish that Armada fic, dangit! ;) *nudges*)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:18 pm 
3. Flaming O

Location: Somewhere in my head, but I haven't figured out where yet.
Ok, guys.

I know my stories haven't always been the best in some ways, including the fact that i can't type well. So, i'll give this a try. I know that i haven't updated the other three stories for a bit, including 'The Tale' the one that quite a few people like of my writing. It's because, like Willow, i'm a notes person. Unfortunatly, all my notes are on my computer file on my computer and that was taken away from me cause im grounded. no furthur comment on that. but since my mom is like the best, ive been on her computer. My dad can't find out though, or we're both done for.

Anyway, i have a new story that i wrote all the notes for in a notebook. I kinda just had a great idea and it flourished with thought. Here is the outline- ish thingy or whatever.

1. starts with some comments from faith about needing to get out. basically it's like she's speaking to the audience about it, but really she's just thinking to herself in her cell.

2. after that, the story kinda begins with willow just seconds after the crash with dawn. buffy basically, in kind, boots her out. faith breaks out after a talk with angel.

3. like faith we here willow's thoughts for a bit like she's talking to the reader (this happens every while during story with different character's) then she heads off. 1st stop LA.

I like the idea of faith and willow becoming good friends with faith around this time because i believe that they would understand each other. faith knows how it feels to get lost and i believe willow could really bring faith out of her dark corner that she seems to sit in. well, that's the start, i have more, but let's get an opinion on this first.

Also, one last thing. A big problem im sure most have noticed in my writing is that even though i can really get into willow's character, i have a hard time with tara's. i would really like to give tara her dues and actually give her a stronger more confident role in this fic where she isn't dependent on willow and can make her own, but still loves willow so much. i haven't really given her that and i would like to. if you guys would help me, i'd really appreciate it.

thx,
ariel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:25 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Topics: 5
Interesting idea you have there about what Faith and Willow can do for each other at that kind of time. Just a few things that spring to mind for me:

(BTW in all of the below when I say stuff like "you must" or "you need to" I really mean "I would have to if I was writing it." You'll have other opinions and ideas and you should definitely stick to them if you like them, so please don't feel you even have to address them if you come back on any of this :) )

Given Faith has been away for a while (S4 wasn't it?) you need to account for that in terms of what's changed (or what's come to the fore for her) but I like the idea she still has a way to go.

With some self-loathing Willow might end up taking Faith on as a 'Project' because that's what she does - she makes things into projects because it's organised. She might not even realise that it's helping her too or why she's doing it (perhaps to get her mind off things, perhaps because she knows she needs someone to tell her a few brutal truths - and someone who won't hold back thru love or friendship.) She may reject most of what Faith has to say, even if it's true. She certainly might not feel Faith is helping her at all - even if she is. Maybe it will only be Tara who ends up noticing this. Perhaps tara is the one who realises that this has helped Willow?

One biggie for me is that I think you just have to deal with the fact that Willow and Faith do not get on. They never got on even when Faith was the new Slayer in town and that just got worse the last time they met. If they were both normal, they'd hate each other on sight. I'd like to see them get past that somehow... for example they WANT to hate each other, but they have other things to worry about in their lives. They might even start to fight, but Faith can't make herself hit Willow and Willow can't risk using the magic... Something to get them past that I think.

One thing that I really do think is important (yeah, another) is Tara. What are you going to do about her? Your ideas (and I know you've just given us a flavour) don't really mention her beyond a desire to make her strong (a place she shows in canon around then). If you've not already made a decision on that then maybe she goes looking for Willow - to help her - when she leaves? And eventually finds her. As I mentioned above, maybe it's then Tara who realises it's all been good for Willow. Perhaps she then has to convince Willow that she is better even if she still has to be careful?

Finally I don't think it's unusual to find one character easier than another. I'm not the best person to ask about a canon, I've been writing a Wishverse Tara for over 4 years now so I'm brainwashed by that version of her. But that version of Tara is a stronger Tara, but deeply in love with Willow. For me love is the starting point. It is, at this point in canon, tough love that's required. I always thought Tara left Willow for Willow as much as for herself. Love, and expressing it, needn't mean lack of confidence or dependence in Tara. She has opinions, and by S6 she was showing them much, much more. She can have friends you can refer to - if not show. That might even surprise Willow. But that needn't take away from the love. All those little things.

I'm really not expressing that last part very well, but I hope you get the idea of what I meant.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*
-------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:54 pm 
3. Flaming O

Location: Somewhere in my head, but I haven't figured out where yet.
Kathryn,

thanx for the ideas. you've opened up some new ideas for my story. as for tara, im splitting them up for now. the idea was that willow has to find herself and tara has to realize that as much as she loves willow and that she knows they belong together, she can live without her, and can get along with her problems. throwing in what you said, faith and willow go on a big journey, one to help willow with her magic problem (finding some 1 that can teach her like a coven) and faith to learn to get along with som1 which is why i picked willow. she and willow, like you said, don't get on. so it'll be hard to learn to get along and hard for faith to, how to say, learn to be respectful and a good friend. long journey for both of them.

meanwhile, back in sunnydale, (spoiler, maybe) tara gets a date, and the rest of the scoobies try to deal with issues they have during the show, but i have some different plans. like some1 getting on buffy for her depressed attitude that i don't believe she should have. they all learn some very important things. (spoiler) then evil things bring faith and willow running to help. i do have a layout for what's gonna happen, but i don't wanna reveal much else right now. give me another hollar at what ya think and thanx again, kathryn.

ariel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:12 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Well. I was going to wait longer to put in my initial ideas, but I had them in a file on a computer that is now deceased, so I decided since I have to bring the ideas together again, I would actually put them here this time instead of waiting.

The Idea is for an AU Willow and Tara, in the "Sword of Truth" world.

Willow is Willow Rahl
Been chased by a Quad, but has managed to kill all but one last very stubborn very hearty one.
Willow will be a "fire wizard". "Bringer of Flame" or "Fuer Grissa Ost Sentroshi"

Tara, a Sister of the light... but "young"
Captured by Emperor Jagang along with many other sisters.
I envision Tara as more "Damaged" than the Tara seen in the show, but still with that core of strength. She has just been through significantly more abuse. Her stutter will be in full force int he beginning.

Story will be after the time when the chimes were loosed and magic was suppressed, so Tara has lost faith in Richard Rahl and the bond.
She was one of the sisters that used the bond. because she is smart enough to have done so, and she is generally one who would trust a person like Richard Rahl, because he is a good person. But when the bond was severed and Jagang got in her head she lost faith and did not re-establish it, as many sisters did not.
(will have to explain about the bond and how it protects from dreamwalkers (jagang is one))

Jagang found a prophesy that states (this is a paraphrase, will need to make this written/sound like prophesy) that the youngest of the light must save the bringer of fire in order to save the life of the leader of the Order.
So he sends Tara out to save willow while watching her.

The bond chant will be important. (I have a scene specifically in mind for this, but I want to keep from spoiling the scene so keeping it to myself for now)
Master Rahl, teach us,
Master Rahl, protect us,
In your light we thrive.
In your mercy we are sheltered.
In your wisdom we are humbled.
We live only to serve.
Our lives are yours.

also the war wizard edict could possibly be modified for a Fire wizard.

It means only one thing, and everything: cut. Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut.
The lines are a portrayal of the dance. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Crush Him. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit.
It is the balance to life: death. It is the dance with death.

Wizard Rules may be important.
1.People will believe what they want to believe.
2.The best intentions can bring the greatest harm.
3.Passion rules reason.
4.There is magic in forgiveness you grant, and more so in forgiveness you receive.
5.Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie.
6.The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason.
7.Life is the future, not the past.
8.Deserve Victory.
9.Contradictions don't exist, in whole or in part.
10.Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self.

Possible pitfalls:
  • I am new to writing!
  • Emperor Jagang is EVIL. He degrades all people, but especially women, and treats them as no more than sex objects and tools to use. Though it is not a part of the novels in any way, the way I see him the very thought of lesbianism is abhorrent to him. It hits against his "good of others" (Their very twisted view of "the good of others" ) philosophy, and just hits him as an insult to his manhood. I am not sure a character with his type of attitude would be welcome here. He is a real bastard, and he will be torturing Tara with pain both "physical" (magically induced... not traditional torture with tools. He just causes pain with a thought) and mentally because he is evil.
  • Rape is part of the story. I can easily gloss over it, but I feel it would loose the impact of how horrible Tara's experiences under Emperor Jagang were. Again, I am not clear that such would be welcome here.
  • I am a straight male. Will I be able to give proper depth of feeling to a lesbian relationship? I have read extensively, but I have of course not experienced it myself. I also believe that the Willow Tara relationship is a beautiful thing and deserves preservation through continued stories. I do believe that I can do it justice.

But, after the pain and suffering and a bit of angst, Willow and Tara would be together and as strong as ever. I firmly believe that they should be together, and as forever as life and magic allows.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:00 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Grimoire; as to your last pitfall, well, I haven't gotten any complaints yet. (okay, my beta reader did ask "why are they still standing?" once)

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:22 pm 
23. Volumey Text

With regard to all but the last of your pitfalls (I don't believe that straight/gay/male/female/other options has a bearing other than in direct experience terms. But I bet you never incanted a spell either!) may I direct you to the Pens FAQ for the rules of the board.

If it's not explicitly covered there - or you need clarification - then I'd suggest you provide a moderator with a detailed summary of the material you are concerned about and how you intend to deal with it. I've had to do that myself in the past.

Definitely best to ask as I can't help feeling that material is pushing the boundaries very hard - if not overstepping them. But perhaps I am overly sensitive to the subject matter.

Beyond that, it sounds extremely ambitious for a first time fic. Take it from someone who wrote a relatively ambitious first fic... You'll write a better one for getting some experience writing shorter, less complex stuff and most particulary seeing what beta readers and Pens readers think of that. They'll teach you more about your writing than any class or book could. It's like hearing your own voice on tape - it never sounds like you think it does.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:52 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Grimoire, welcome to the world of W/T fic. (And a belated welcome to the Kitten.)

Katharyn's words are wise and I think it would serve you well to consider what she's saying.

Any time you have questions about whether something's going to be okay to post on Pens, please don't hesitate to get in touch with a mod. You can find all our contact info here. Best to ask first, before you spend a lot of time and energy on developing something that might have FAQ issues. You can also send us a draft of whichever scenes are in question.

In general, though, there are no restrictions on the evilness or personalities or attitudes of any characters. There are some content restrictions, yes, but if your bad guy is just a seriously humongous asshole, that should be fine. For example, if your bad guy rants about how disgusting lesbians are, that's fine. If your bad guy has a personal policy to rape every lesbian he finds, just the fact of that would be fine. If your fic describes these incidents in graphic detail, that would not be okay to post on Pens.

Quote:
Rape is part of the story. I can easily gloss over it, but I feel it would loose the impact of how horrible Tara's experiences under Emperor Jagang were. Again, I am not clear that such would be welcome here.

You're right about that one. If you are going to depict rape (whether it involves Tara or not), it must be glossed over. There are no rules against something like that happening, and in fact, quite a few Pens fics have dealt with rape, molestation, and various sorts of abuse. But there are rules against graphic depictions of it. (Really, the only explicit sex that should be on Pens at all is that which occurs between Willow and Tara only, and it must be consensual.)

An aside, just my personal position, as someone who's written a fair bit in general (but not much W/T fic) - use your writing skills to convey the horror of what Tara's life was like in other ways. Trust that your readers are smart, sensitive, and imaginative. If you allude to horrifying events, they will fill in the blanks with something that is likely to be every bit as vile, or even moreso, than what you could describe. Don't just dump it in their laps; make them work for it. That makes them more involved in the whole process. (Which is scarier - a graphic, detailed scene or a scene that ends with the victim being dragged through a door that slams behind her but cannot muffle her screams throughout the night?) Also, sometimes it is the most subtle of details that have the most power - a tear, a tremble, a stutter. Kittens have a really soft spot for Tara and the slightest tremble from her will massively break our hearts.

Quote:
I am a straight male. Will I be able to give proper depth of feeling to a lesbian relationship? I have read extensively, but I have of course not experienced it myself. I also believe that the Willow Tara relationship is a beautiful thing and deserves preservation through continued stories. I do believe that I can do it justice.

I think you answered your own question there, Grimoire. If that's how you feel about W/T, I can't imagine there's any way that wouldn't show through in whatever you write. And there are quite a few straight male Kittens and this has never been an issue.

Welcome again, and I do hope we'll be seeing something from you on Pens. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me or any mod if you have questions or need clarification on something.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11 pm 
23. Volumey Text

I'd actually go as far as to say that (in any story, and not just a W/T) the depiction of graphic sex, violence or whatever is the 'easy' way through a story. And I'm not just referring to bad things. Consensual, hot W/T sex is also the 'easy' way.

Let me explain what I mean by that.

We write and include consensual sex between the girls here because there is a certain contingent (myself included) who likes to read that sort of thing. That's fine. In fact it's good!

But from a purely technical and writing POV this is the 'easy' way (even if some people feel they have trouble writing the sex scenes). You show what happens and therefore lead the reader by the nose through what emotions you expect the characters to be experiencing.

It is a greater challenge, and IMHO a greater accomplishment, to do as Holley is suggesting in the post above. In this case you MUST gloss over it due to the rules of FAQ, but there are better and more powerful ways to write this anyway. Personally I'd never do that with a character, but if I was then the aftermath and (non-graphic) reflections on the event would be much more powerful than seeing it.

The impact on a person who goes through this is so much more than the act itself and better explored in other ways. I think it'd actually be something of a cliche even to have the lead up to the act shown (and then fade out as the villain cackles evilly and Tara screams.) I'd have to say it would be more powerful (and suitable) to not even show it at the time. Tara would of course react to it (and it depends how 'in her head' your writing style will be) but you could have this as something Willow needs get her to admit happened after winning her confidence and trust.

However that all depends on your style and whether you are being totally open with the reader all the way through, or whether you hold facts that have already happened back for the sake of the story. That is actually a huge question you need to answer before you write any fic anyway. HOW will it be written. What style will I work in.

I'm going to leave that there, I'm not entirely comfortable (with myself) talking through how to write around a rape scene - especially of Tara - but that's just me.

Good luck with your writing.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:31 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Re any scenes of sexual violence, I don't think specifics of The Event ar enecessarily that helpful anyway. Examples from films. First the rape scene in _Lipstick_. I didn't find it particualrly traumatic at the time. but I have a very active imagination and, honestly, from some uses that I've found in my mind's eye for that scene in later years, in all honesty I'd really rather not have it in my head. On the other hand the scene between Isabella Rosselini and Dennis Hopper in _BLue Velvet_. Regardless of what Roger Ebert and soem oTher critcs have said, without being avtually shown at least *some* of that scene, we wouldn't undertsand the dynamics between their characters or the particualr psyche of Rosselini's character..
TO boil it down more abstractly, what I'm saying is neither the physical details of The Event (which most of us can fill in if we want to from a few references) nor the victim's specific mental activities while it's going on (which, due to both the truamatic and the sudden nature of it, ar elikely to be jumbled and hard to understand anyway, and pretty much, at the moment, liklely to be the same for anyone going thru it) aren't really the heart of the issue.
What's really significant for the charcater is what she thinks *about* it afterwrads, how it affects her opinions of and reactions to, well, any number of things in her life, Aside form a its being a house rule *here*, the later effects should be the focus in *any* story dealing with sexual violence.
I'm including in this *immediate* afetr-effects like pain and shock, tho. Describing the vicitm's *general* emotional state immediately after, her body language, saying she hurts in this or that part of ehr body. that is in itself valid. So are little "mechanical" statements like "Then her hand dropped to the ground" or the like.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:22 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Thanks for the input and encouragement.

I think I can do fine with saying it "happened" There was actually a delay between when I wrote the post and posted it, and I had time to think on it. (For some reason I could not post from home after my second post... and I have been so absolutely swamped at work that I kept getting consumed by work and not thinking about it. I only recently got some free time) I think, as mentioned by folks above also, I can do fine without graphic details. Letting the reader guess and imagine their own is enough.

On doing a shorter fic first. I had actually thought of trying to do something smaller first, but my hardest part with that is the story I am thinking of keeps sticking itself in my head whenever I try to come up with another idea. Maybe one of the "challenges" would be a help there. Who knows though until I really try.

(One Note... I did peruse the FAQ's I was just not real clear on some of the points... but the statements here have made it more clear. Only "detailed" willow and Tara sexual relations. Mentioning other encounters is "OK", but no "details". Evil Guy is "OK" as long as he does not break the previous rule.)

The last "pitfall" was probably just some insecurity rearing its head :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:38 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Quote:
Maybe one of the "challenges" would be a help there.

Excellent idea! I hadn't even thought of it, but I do think it would be a great way for you to write some shorter, less-involved pieces first and avoid having your own story idea intruding too much. There are usually at least a couple challenges on Pens at any given time. Check way back in the back, too, because they may be some challenges back there that no one took up. You could also take a look around this archive, which is where the finished challenges are, to get some ideas.

If you think you might write a few short fics, you can start a thread on Pens for them once you've finished the first one. (We ask Pens authors to keep their short fics collected in one thread, rather than making a new thread for each.) This would be a good way to gain the experience of writing a few shorter pieces as well as getting feedback from readers.

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck to you.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:09 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I once posted a fic on the old Ezboard as Vizier Mountian that was a Christmas one that I wrote with someone. I have a couple of possible ideas that I'd like to share to see if they would be ok here.

1-After Osirus refuses to heal Tara, Willow uses the spell that Jack O'Toole was raised with, to raise Tara-luckly for her she can do that within only hours after Tara died. I don't know if that would be OK here-I think there is a fic here where Willow had Spike sire Tara after she was shot but I could be wrong.I think the spell would not turn Tara evil-Jack O'Toole was evil before he was raised.Also Willow and Tara could find a second spell afterwards to truely bring Tara back to life.

2-An AU story. Willow or one of her family witness a mob killing and have to go into witness protection.Willow refuses and goes on the run and meets up with Tara.The two fall in love. (and this being the Kitten Board, they will defeat the mobsters that are after Willow and live happily ever after.)

Also, would anyone feel like writing with me or at least being my beta?

PS-this beta forum is a great idea.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:32 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Welcome back to the Kitten!

I think your first idea there would be okay for Pens. (I had to dig around to find out who the heck Jack O'Toole is. I gather he was not truly alive, but was actually some sort of zombie, right? I know I've seen "The Zeppo" but it's been years and I don't really remember the details.)

So the issue is this: Pens requires Tara to be alive. What, exactly, is considered "alive"? Is that right?

If that's the issue, I think that would be fine, as long as it's really Tara. After all, there are several fics with Tara as a vampire and vampires are technically not alive.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:24 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

This is my idea for the possible Zeppo fic. (rewritten after my computer crashed.) It’s a bit AU.

After Osirus refuses to bring Tara back Willow uses another spell to do so and at first all seems well. The two make love to celebrate Tara’s resurrection. The next day they find out that Tara’s heart is not beating and her body has cooled to room temperature, seriously scaring Tara. After some research they find out that Tara is technically undead, and that only her good nature has so far stopped her turning evil. There is worse news, if not healed within a certain amount of time, Tara’s flesh will rot and her mind turn evil and in effect, she will die for good.

They ask Giles for advice and he finds a spell that will help them but it is one of those one-chance type things. Buffy and some Scoobies come to lend support. Unknown to them Jack O’Toole (the undead in the Zeppo who was murdered in a drive-by shooting and then healed using this spell by his witch mother) has somehow got to hear of this and wants to use the spell to heal himself and his gang (in fact, only one person can be healed.) A big fight breaks out and Willow nearly ends up skewered on O’Toole’s knife but the Scoobies win and Tara gets fully healed and made alive again. O’Toole’s decayed friends die in a fight with the Scoobies but he manages to escape, bewailing his fate.

Tara is now fully alive again at the end of the story, so don’t worry, it won’t break the Kitten Board rules.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:03 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Not reallya Willow-Tara question, it concerns a passage from a Season 3 fic I've posted elsewhere and in a nutshell, Willow sees a picture of a woman who's been dead since soemtime in the 80s who happens to look a lot like a certain shy witch she's meet a year later (actually a distant cousin of Tara's) and sh'es totally fascinated in soem way she can't udnertsnad. Is that a silly thing for me to have willow do or does it make sense?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:41 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
DaddyCatAlso - I kind of like the idea. Would she see the picture before or after meeting Tara? I like the idea that she would see the picture first and it would kind of stick in her mind. Like she should know the woman or does know her or something. Then when she meets Tara, there's that whole connection...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:19 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Yeah it's about a year before she meets Tara. Thing is, from what (little!!!) we were shown on screen, I don't think Willow could have consciously rememebered anythign like it once she saw Tara later. I have the monster in the story appear shortl;y after and it kinda-sorta drives it out of ehr conscious memory. (I can PM you the link if you want.)

Post subject: I have an idea...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:29 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I don't know if it's going to sound right or sound good so I was hoping that someone could help me in some way or another. Here is my idea, I have another one to but that ones not fully thought out yet.

1. So, in the beginning of the fic W/T are not together, because they haven't really met yet but they do meet at a Coffee shop where Willow works, and they become really good friends and realize that they both have basically teh same interests. Tara has a child, and has a husband (it will be explained later that she got pregnant, and her father made her get married to him even though she hated and feared the man she married.). Her husband which I plan to name Chris is a very abusive husband, and is very cruel and mean to Tara. Willow becomes suspicious of whats happening at Tara's household, and grows concerned and realizes she develops feelings for the blonde, but doesn't know that Tara is a lesbian forced into marriage due to past events.
(That's all I really have right now for that idea but i really like it but I dont know if that would be approved here.)

2. They're in high school, Tara moves to Sunnydale and gets sent to the same high school where Willow is along with the scooby gang..a nd her home life isn't good...

thats all i have there... i dont know i'm relaly into angsty stories. lol.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:25 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
scratch that.

Last edited by Zooeys_Bridge on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Initial Ideas - Tara a Singer and Willow a researcher
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:56 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I've been reading fic on this website (plus the earlier version) for a number of years. I've finally decided to add my own 2 cents worth but am feeling slightly intimidated as I've not written more than the odd poem or two.

This is my idea:

Willow is an MIT Researcher studying towards her PhD. Her parents died when she was 12 and as a consequence she moved to Israel to live with her father's family. For the next few years she was raised a Haredi Jew (a type of Orthodox Jew). She then returns stateside and starts College etc. I will have her date Oz, but it ends badly - I have a few ideas here but nothing concrete.

Tara is a singer by night and a writer/artist by day. She grew up in an abusive family and moved as far away as she could get when she was 18 ... i.e. Boston. She also has a bit of a history of an abusive relationship (naturally the abuse will be glossed over as per kitten rules).

I see them noticing each other first when Tara performs at a gig and then at other times for the first few chapters. I want to drag out their first face-to-face meeting to build the anticipation with the readers.

It is after the meeting that I lose most of my ideas .. but figure that the end is a forgone conclusion ... they get together and it's happy ever after. But there is a big hole between so any ideas would be great.

Also if anyone has any ideas for the first part of the story or sees any glaring holes please let me know. I've written a first draft for chapter 1 but was kind of hoping for some feedback on my idea first.

Ciao
LB

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:34 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

OK, I had a thought that really interests me. My favourite show has always been a japanese romance drama called Long Vacation, and when I read 'Geek Love' by watson, and saw how well that j-drama was translated into W/T, I began to imagine.

Problem is, I'm not sure that such a fic would work for the kitten board, because part of some of the conflicts in the series arises from the main characters (who would of course be W & T) showing brief interest in others. In the Tara character's case, it is a pre-existing crush on a piano student that isn't requited and fails quickly. For the Willow character, it's a short-lived relationship with a photographer that is never emotionally deep. The two end up together, of course--after the first couple of episodes, everyone can see the inevitability of it. But in the meantime there would be some other-relationshipiness, which I hear is frowned upon.

Can anyone clarify for me for certain whether such a thing would be inappropriate for the kitten board? I'm sure to do it somewhere at some point, of course, but if it's possible to do here, I'll be doing it sooner. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:39 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

It's been a long time since I was last here and I had the dickens of a time getting back in, as I could not remember my name or password. I'd like to write a fic with Tara or Willow or both in witness protection. Of course one way or another the bad guys to catch up with them but they defeat them and all ends well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:01 pm 
23. Volumey Text

thiswomanswork - Can I suggest the first point of reference is the Pens FAQ and thereafter that you check any specific concerns with a mod? I had to do the same before a fic I wrote, just to make sure I was within the boundaries of what was suitable. And actually I chose to make some changes (without being asked to) as a result. The mods are fair people - they understand what you want to do but they have to impose the rules.

I'm not a mod... but my own feeling on what you are summarising is that it's not going be within FAQ. Broadly think in these terms. The board is limited to T/W together and in love. But the process of getting there/back to there has always been fair game. What I don't think you can show is actually showing the other relationships in the present that is the story.

Refer to the fact they had existed in the past, but you can't really go there as an active part of the story. THe crush might work better than the relationship (depends how you treat it.)

To take an example from canon... Obviously everyone accepts that the Oz relationship existed and was strong at the time. But where you could pick up the canon story here on the Kitten was Willow being left alone and ultimately finding Tara. In that story you could refer to how she felt about losing him to Verruca, even reminisce about how it'd once been. But when it came to being about the good, it'd all be about Tara. No kissage with others!

Artistically it's limiting but this is a T/W board and because we love the girls we need to respect that (and honestly I wouldn't want to write them with other people anyway!) Once the door opens that says a current relationship with another person is a valid part of the story, even if it's part of them getting together then we will end up with all sorts of things posted that isn't T/W. There's only one place on the net that supports the girls that way and excludes all those other slashes and I appreciate the efforts it's taken over the years to keep it that way.

This is all my take on it though. Check with a mod - my memory may be faulty. They will get back to you.

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:08 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

((nods)) Thanks; that does help. :) Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:28 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

A new fic idea-this time Willow messes with a lovespell and gets a nasty surprise but it all ends up right in the end. That is what my next fic will be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next