The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Beta Needed/Small snippet of work in progress...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:23 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 1
This will be my first attempt at making one of my works public and I would like to have someone look over it before I post it. Perhaps even bounce ideas off since it's not finished. If anyone's interested please don't hesitate to reach out.

I have several ideas going on at once but I think I've narrowed it down to two I'm really interested in working on. The first is dubbed '6 Years' though that won't be the final title. Here's a small excerpt...

--- “Em, don’t run so fast baby girl, you’ll scare the ducks.” The little blonde girl laughed excitedly and jumped in a near by puddle, sending water splashing against her red rain boots.

Willow couldn’t help but smile. Three days ago the skies had opened up and rain began to fall from the heavens. It had been a glorious storm, thunder rolling in the distance and lightening flashing in the sky. They had needed the rain, but three days straight was a little much and it had left her little girl restless and hyper with pent up energy. Finally the rain had relented and Emma had asked her mother if they could go to the park and feed the ducks. The redhead had agreed and here they were.

Emma Danielle Rosenberg was a very active six year old. Once at the park she had only spent about five minutes with the ducks then off she ran splashing in every puddle she came across. She reminded Willow of herself in that respect. Always curious, always ready for a new adventure, but quick to lose interest and move on to the next exciting thing.

The little girl raced back to her mother and smiled a sweet lopsided smile, her clear blue eyes shinning brightly. “Mommy can we go to the pet store? My fishies need a new castle!”

Willow smiled down at her daughter and tucked a few lose strands of long blond hair behind her ear, “And what’s wrong with the castle they have now?”

Emma jumped up and down excitedly, holding on to her mothers hands so she could jump higher, “Cause Mr. Bubbles and Sr. Swim-a-lot are gonna need more room for their babies!”

The redhead couldn’t suppress her laughter. Her daughter had gotten the idea that her fish wanted to start a family together and Willow didn’t have the heart to burst the little girls bubble. “Okay baby girl, we’ll stop by and see what they have.”

The blonde squealed excitedly and ran back to her puddle jumping.

A sad smile graced Willows lips as she watched her daughter bend down to pick a flower growing near one of the puddles. The little girl stared at it intently, studying it closely. She looked back at her Mom and smiled before tucking it behind her ear and going back to her game.

It was in these moments when Willow saw Tara in their daughter. Her sweet uneven smile, her intense blue eyes looking at the world with such awe. Her throat constricted as she thought of the other woman. Not a day went by that she didn’t think of her lost love ’She looks so much like you Tara.’ she thought with a sigh. It took everything in the redhead not to break down crying. She missed her lover so much, even now.

“Mommy can we go now? My socks are wet.”

Emma’s voice broke through Willow’s revere. She quickly buried her sorrow, not wanting the little girl to see. “Of course sweetie. Let’s run by the house to change, then we’ll go see about getting Mr. Bubbles and Sir. Swim-A-Lot their new house.”

The little blonde smiled brightly at her Mother and took her hand as she skipped down the sidewalk towards their car.

Willow couldn’t help but think, ‘You would have loved this Tara.’---

(Side note: Tara is alive and well but know's nothing about Emma. Willow thinks Tara was killed.)

This is option one... I have most of it outlined and a good chunk written but needs polishing. So Grammar, tense correction, spelling all need to be reviewed. As well as editing for clarity and consistency. I would also like to keep the 'voice' of Willow and Tara authentic and true to the character. I seem to have a bit of a problem with inserting a little to much of myself into the characters.

The second option is something called The Gathering... not sure about the title but we'll go with that for now. Here's the first part...

--- “Tara… tell me what to do. Please, anything, just tell me.”

“I don’t know. I-I don’t know what to say.”

“Don’t do this.”

“I have to. Don’t you get it? I h-hurts so much. Just s-seeing you. You’re right there Will, so close and I can’t… I can’t let go.” She looked pleadingly into the green eyes she still loved so much. “I have to let you go.”

“I don’t want you to let me go. Tara I want…”

“It’s not about what you want!” Her voice echoed as she cut off her ex-lovers words. She hadn’t meant to yell but she needed the other woman to understand.

Willow’s eyes widened at the blondes outburst. Tara rarely raised her voice.

Her eyes softened and she breathed deeply, calming herself before continuing. “This is about me, Will. What I need. And… and I need to let you go.” She moved closer to the redhead and gently grasped her cheeks, locking eyes with the other woman, “If you love me… love me enough to walk away.”

Willow stood motionless, breathing in her ex lovers scent. She closed her eyes, savoring the smell of jasmine and honey. She did love Tara, with all of her heart. She would do anything for her. She just didn’t know if she was strong enough to do this. But she knew, looking into the shimmering blue eyes of the woman she loved so much, she knew, she would try. For Tara, she would try. She nodded once, she couldn’t speak, tears constricted her throat. It took every ounce of self-control not to reach out and cling desperately to the blonde.

Tara let a quiet sob escape at Willow’s nod. She had half expected the redhead to refuse. In truth, a part of her wanted her ex to hold on to her and never let her go. But she knew, if she was ever going get through this, to find herself, she had to do it alone. She smiled through her tears and pulled Willow towards her, their lips meeting in a firm kiss. She took a deep breath in through her nose, the scent of Willow’s shampoo filling her lungs. She tried to cement this moment into her memory. She had to let go, but she never wanted to forget.

Willow allowed herself to melt into the kiss, her arms coming around and encircling the blondes neck, her fingers buried in her love’s long hair. She knew that this would be their last kiss. She would likely never again hold Tara like this, taste her lips, see her smile.

She pulled back slowly and looked once more into Tara’s slate blue eyes, seeing the tears fall. She tried to smile and reached up, gently brushing her love’s tears away. “I'm so sorry Tara.” Her voice was thick with emotion and cracked from the tears. For a moment, she leaned her forehead against Tara’s, closed her eyes… then turned and walked away from the only person she had ever truly loved.

Tara watched helplessly as the love of her life turned, and walked out of her life. Willow had given her what she needed, had loved her enough to be the one to walk away. Had their positions been reversed, she wasn’t sure if she could have done the same.

The announcement came loud from the PA. “Now boarding, flight 243 to Boston, flight 243 to Boston now boarding.”

Tara tried to wipe the tears from her cheeks with the back of her sleeve but they just wouldn’t stop. Giving up, she grabbed the carryon at her feet and turned toward the terminal. Her heart heavy as she left everything she loved behind.

A single candle burned on the bedside table. The flicker of light danced around the room, casting shadows across the wall. It was fitting, she thought, their life together had started in the dark with a single candle lighting their way, if it had to end, this was the way it should go. Tara had stayed in the dark, waiting for her to come to her. Now it was her turn. She would wait. No matter how long it took, she would wait for her love to come back to her. But deep down, in the darkest part of her soul, she knew, Tara wasn’t coming back.

Buffy opened the door slowly and poked her head in, “Will, can I come in?” Willow had come home an hour earlier and had gone straight to her room. Buffy knew something bad had happened from the tears streaming down her friends face. “What happened?”

“She left.” Willow didn’t move, didn’t lift her gaze from the dancing flame beside her.

Buffy made her way over to her friends bed and sat carefully on the edge. “What do you mean?”

“I mean she left. Like, left the state, left.” The reality of those words threatened to break her down. But she couldn’t let it.

The blonde slayer shifted closer, studying her friends expressions. Or lack there of. “I don’t understand. Why would she leave like that?”

There was a long pause, the silence was becoming oppressive. Finally, Willow spoke softly, “Because of me.” Her voice was hallow.

“Will, did something happen?” She wanted to comfort the redhead, wanted to reach out to her, but their relationship was still strained. She wasn’t sure what to do.

Willow continued to watch the candle burn. “She kissed me… then she left. Said it was too hard to be around me.”

“Oh God, Will…”

The redhead was quick to speak. “It doesn’t matter.” She shook her head.

Buffy startled slightly, confusion filling her blue eyes. “Doesn’t matter? Of course it matters!”

“No.” She finally looked at her friend, tears burning behind her eyes, “I-I can’t… Buffy I can’t do this right now.”

“Willow it’s okay to feel…”

Something inside Willow snapped, just for a moment. “I can’t feel! If I feel… if I let it in, I don’t know…” She took a breath, trying to steady her erratic breathing, “I don’t know what I might do. So just, let me be numb. Please?”

The slayer nodded, trying to respect her friends request. “Okay. I’m here…”

“I know.”

Buffy nodded and stood from her friends bed and walked to the door. She turned and tried to muster a reassuring smile, “We’ll get through this.” She watched for a moment as her friend nodded and returned a forced smile. She then slipped out into the hall, closing the door behind her.

Once alone, Willow felt the tears begin to fall. She couldn’t hold them in any longer. She turned to her side and held a pillow tightly to her face and screamed out all of her anger and pain.---

In this one, Willow still loses control and hurts Dawn in the accident but instead of Buffy taking her home, Willow leaves Sunnydale. I have a lot of work to do on this one, it's nowhere near ready to post but I'm fond of it none the less.

So... if anyone's interested in working with me please, send me an email... my personal email is krs4221@gmail.com so please, feel free to contact me there. I know there isn't much activity on the board at the moment, so I guess that's why I've decided to try this now. See if we can't stir things up a bit. I guess we'll see. Anyway, thank you for reading this far and if you're my future beta, thanks for your interest.

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."