The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blocked: As You Wish
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:30 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
I mentioned this in my fic and mentioned being stuck there (i think). Someone mentioned wanting Giles to appear which I had not planned. But I found a brilliant way to fit it in. Unfortunately, my brilliant idea faded before I wrote anything down. It was going to be good, insightful even. I have the basic idea for the set up but as for what wisdom Giles might impart upon the alternate universe Willow... it is long gone.

So to catch up for anyone who has not read it yet, a very bitter angry lonely Willow is thrown into another universe where she is happily married with kids Willow. Tara knows and has figured she needs to learn things before she goes back (and gets her own Willow back). Don't worry I have already been reminded the board rules and it all works out in the end.

So Willow's first day back at work after her car accident (and appearance in this universe) she is flailing as a salesman so the boss sends her to do some of the charity work at the library.

I cannot even remember if I planned for Giles to have known Willow in high school. Or if he is a character who was in one but not the other universe. I think it might be best for him to appear after high school. Cranky Willow is going to have enough reminders of how different their respective lives were. He has however established himself as an important person to Willow. I think he was going to hint (or perhaps outright say?) that he knows something is off with this Willow.

I am here for advice to get this chapter done as it has almost been a year since I updated. So please any advice is welcome.

I am also stuck on something later which actually might be affecting this stuck. When Willow makes it back to her world and encounters Tara, should she remember her trip fully or should it fade like a dream. Like when things start to happen it will be like this nagging in her mind these things she learned or obvious and she pushes them perhaps a little too forcefully. I will warn you now, I am not making it easy for Willow. She cannot just show up and have Tara. She has to work for it. It can go either two ways. She remembers and pushes too hard *or* she doesn't and it takes her a while to figure out her lessons.

So please. Keeping my ideas to myself has not benefited me at all in this piece. I can think myself clever and surprise my readers but I will have no readership if I have no fic. I have left way too many unfinished fics on this site and I need to change it. I do have a few following chapters done. Pretty much to the return to the universe and want to at least move past this chapter so I can publish those.

I even thought about watching some reruns but I don't have my seasons 1-3 where I think I would find better Willow-Giles interaction. I will gladly check out any fic that you know has well written scenes between her and Giles.

Thanks in advance to any assistance.

Delayne

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Blocked: As You Wish
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:31 am 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 3
Hey,

bit of a late reply but anyway!

I like your idea of having things fade. Almost like it's an extra challenge for her to remember what she learn't. - like you said, it's not going to be easy for her. The universe always makes them work for a 'gift'.

Does she know shes going back to find Tara? If she does then maybe before she comes back she makes attempts to try to remember things - like writing a diary or notes on the back of a coffee shop receipt, and then when she does come back she doesn't remember instantly, but there are triggers in the world (like she gets all upset and goes for a mocha and stares at the receipt and words 'appear' in her head and she remembers that little bit, and slowly ideas come back to her.

Maybe sometimes some realization comes to her really suddenly and she might push too far with Tara and has to force her self to slow down and remember what she's fighting for.

As for seasons 1-3 you know Giles was like a Father figure to her. He encouraged her knowledge and achievements in school and magic, and he had major geeky enthusiasm, but (and you can leave this out or add to give it depth) Buffy was always more important to him and she took priority. Which may be one the reasons he didn't notice Willow go down hill in later seasons - he was too focused on whether Buffy could do it. Maybe try youtube for snippets of episodes or even fan videos? Maybe just seeing the footage would help you remember what they said and stuff? lol

I don't know if this is any help, and I haven't read your fic but I'm definitely going to now!
Just do keep at it, it sounds epic and I'm sure readers are dying to read more!

-LouCy x

YouTube channel 'T-Sixteen NRG' for my fanvids
www.youtube.com/channel/UCXvNuQHd2HA0BaaVMBIIMfQ
(okay so there's only a few right now but I'm 'new' to it so watch this space!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:49 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

At least I got a reply. Since it has been a year since I have updated that fic I was thinking of throwing out the Giles scene just to get it moving again.

As for Willow knowing she is going back to find Tara that is hard to answer. I guess she knows in that she is realizing it is what she wants to do. She is already mentally filing notes on Tara, but that is all I remember writing about so far. I guess I will do a reread and see if I can atleast trigger the inspiration to start writing it again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:45 am 
3. Flaming O

You really should,

I read the fic after I replied and I really loved the idea.
We encounter quite a lot of alternate realities in Buffy-verse but the idea that they could use and learn from them is nice, that they don't have to exist fully separately.

Please do go back to it - it'll give me inspiration to continue with my video :P

Do you just post fics on here or do you post on another site?
I'd love to read more of your work :)

-LouCy x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:22 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I have taken a few on here and posted them on fanfic.net but the board is my main place and I try to give the kittens first dibs. If used to post over 8 years ago as wiccanbotanist but most of those are unfinished. It is something I am goood at, starting and not finishing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:37 am 
3. Flaming O

Well then I will pester and pester you until you finish!

-LouCy x