The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new: SURFACE TENSION
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:01 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

SURFACE TENSION

by Sleek

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.

Pairing: W/T

Rating: R

Spoilers: None. This is totally AU, with some parallelism to the canon story line.

Feedback: :bounce Any word, any line, would make my day! sleek@poetic.com

Note from the author:

I just needed a pleasant distraction from the humdrum of life and the depressing developments in BtVS. Here is what I came up with. I cannot promise regular updates. I simply offer a diversion. ;)

Sassette, Wiccachica, Darkwiccan and Ruth--your writing talent has amused and inspired me. Mary and Sonya, you guys don't know this but you're part of the reason why I'm still writing at Pens. To all the kittens who followed my other fic "FINDING YOU", thank you for your kind words, I will finish that story when the time is ripe. Xita, thanks for keeping this board alive.

SURFACE TENSION

by Sleek

“This is a mistake.”

Willow Rosenberg grumbled to herself.

As soon as she stepped inside the bar, the redhead felt her force field flare up.

The heavy scent of cigarette smoke mingled with the stench of animal flesh assaulted her senses as she ploughed through a mass of gyrating bodies.

Music throbbed and pounded her heart with angry fists.

Willow wound her jacket tightly against her as several pairs of eyes leered and probed her slim frame. Starved predators appraised their prey.

Now I know how frogs feel near a cobra. Eww! Frog analogy! This is bad.

“Want to bump and grind baby?” A whiff of cheap alcohol penetrated Willow's nostrils. A paw-like hand grasped her jean-clad butt.

“Get off.” Willow hissed and brushed the filthy paw away. Without stopping to look at the offender, Willow sought refuge in an empty chair at a far corner of the bar. As soon as she sat down, she heard strange noises to her left.

“Mmmm. Yes baby. Lower.”

“You taste so good.”

“That’s it. Lo-werrr. Yes! Yes!”

The redhead whipped her head to snap at the couple to get a freakin’ room. But when she saw the couple, Willow’s voice freaked out.

“Buh-wuh-whoa.”

The image of a woman’s head, moving madly underneath the skirt of another woman, severely muted Willow’s vocal chords.

This is a gay bar. An adult gay bar. She never told me I’d be meeting her in an extremely adult gay bar!!!

A hot red flush spread across Willow’s cheeks as she peeled her eyes away from the couple. But even as she stared at the table in front of her, loud moans invaded her ears.

Willow sighed and focused her attention to her digital watch.

8:15 PM. She’s late.

I shouldn't have agreed to this. I can't remember why I agreed to this. What if this is a trap?

Suddenly, the sound of glass shattering and voices yelling erupted above the rhythmic music.

Several gunshots ripped the air.

Every being inside the bar stood stock-still. Even the busy couple to her left ceased grinding. Eyes darted to a group of men in black suits, rifles slung casually over their broad shoulders.

"Don't panic." A tall man in a pristine white suit ordered the silent crowd. His silver hair was parted neatly at the center. His smile was calm--but dead cold.

Pandemonium broke loose.

Bodies flung themselves towards the exit. The music stopped blaring and was replaced by panicked screams. Willow stood up and got swept by the current of rushing bodies.

Wait. I have to see what the frilly heck happened.

Planting her foot firmly on the floor with each step and shoving the colliding bodies away, Willow inched her way towards the men in fancy suits.

She was almost a feet away from the huddle when she was snatched and roughly pushed against a wall.

Ooomph. What the--

Two strong hands cuffed her wrists up on each side of her head.

"Don't. Go. There." The woman's voice was husky, commanding.

Her face was close. Very close.

She had lush lips, parted and silent. Wisps of caramel blonde hair fell just above her stormy eyes.

Sapphire eyes bore into Willow.

"You're Agent Sapphire?" Willow whispered.

"Be still. Don't talk." Willow felt the smooth surface of a leather-gloved hand press briefly but firmly against her lips. The stranger laid her body on top of Willow against the wall, preventing any movement from the redhead.

Willow knew she should be alarmed, but the feel of the other woman's plaint body pressing into her soothed her nerves somewhat…

Or made it mercurial.

"Listen closely." The words caressed Willow's ear, jolting her by its nearness. The blonde's mouth was millimeters from the redhead's pale earlobe.

Willow nestled her chin on the crook of the other woman's shoulder and strained to catch snippets of dialogue nearby.

Mmm. She smells nice. Sweet citrus with a twist of vanilla. Willow closed her eyes as her senses tuned in the blonde's scent and softness. The blonde's neck, soft as a swan, rested against Willow's right ear. She's kinda cuddly for an agent. Willow stopped herself from giggling.

"Pay attention Ms. Rosenberg."

This yanked Willow's attention back to the uniformed men. Damn. Can she hear my thoughts?

'Gun shot wound. Near her right ventricle.'

'Got an ID on her yet?'

'Redhead, about 20 years old. Five feet five inches.'

'Is that the one who bombed The Tower months ago?'

'Could be. Officer, have you retrieved her bag?'

'We got a wallet. She's a student at the local university. Name of…Willow Rosenberg.'

Willow's stomach lurched. WHAT?! Did he just? Did the officer just say my name?

The blonde's gloved hand squeezed her palm. Just listen, it seemed to say.

'I don't think that's her.'

'That's what her ID says Mr. Fog.'

'Bring the body to the lab. We'll take it from here.'

'With due respect sir, we can handle homicide cases. Surely a coed's case doesn’t fall under the Special Intelligence Unit.'

'She is not just a coed Inspector. Gentlemen, comb through the area. This might be a decoy.'

"Let's move." The blonde whispered urgently. Before Willow could respond, she found herself being dragged to the darkest regions of the bar.

"I don't get it. Why--"

"Reserve your questions for later. There are people here who will make sure you don't leave this bar alive."

This isn't happening. Who would want me dead? And who would make an elaborate fabrication of my death?

Willow shot a curious glance at the woman. Her caramel blonde hair hung loosely about like a shimmering veil. She wore a long leather coat that draped gracefully over her shoulders and clung to her body like an evening dress. Her movements were easy and subtle, as if grabbing redheads out of the blue was something she did every day.

They reached a trap door at the back of the kitchen. The stranger fell to her knees and removed the door's lid effortlessly.

"Follow me." The blonde disappeared into the hole.

Willow looked around the deserted kitchen for a moment.

I need a weapon. I'm not sure if I could trust this woman. No matter how cuddly she seems.

Willow grabbed a kitchen knife and slipped it into her jacket pocket. She hoisted herself into the hole and started climbing down a ladder.

"Hurry up."

Strong arms encircled Willow's waist and eased her body to the ground.

Willow found her hands gripping the blonde's shoulders as her body slid down against the stranger's front.

Oooh. Friction. Feels nice.

Once again, Willow was face to face with the mysterious woman. The tips of their noses seemed to dance against each other. Willow delved into twin pools of sapphires. She took a sharp breath as the blonde's petal soft lips brushed her left cheek.

"A-are we going to stand here and hold each other or do you want to run for your life?"

She's amused. No she's mocking me!

"How can I be sure I could trust you?" Willow allowed her lips to trail across the blonde's jaw. She wasn't sure but she could've sworn the blonde shivered a little. Hah! Two can play this game blue eyes!

"I'm unarmed and you have a knife. You can search me if you want." The blonde let her lips graze Willow's earlobe for a fraction of a second.

Willow gave a very audible gulp that came out like a croak. How did she know I have a knife? And what does she mean by searching her? Does this mean I could…run my hands through her?

"Let's go. I think I heard someone upstairs." The blonde woman tugged Willow's hand and they ran across a long tunnel.

Darkness coiled around them slowly like a giant snake.

"We can't see in here. Do you have a flashlight?" Willow clutched the other girl's hand. She wished the blonde would remove the damn gloves. It feels--impersonal.

"Give me a sec." The blonde took a breath and spoke to the darkness, "Illuminate."

A white orb flashed and hovered inches above the blonde's palm. She curved her fingers around the ball of light and hurled it towards the darkness.

The tunnel was quickly flooded with a faint blue-white glow.

"Better?" The blonde could not help but smile at the redhead's bewildered expression.

"Wow. How did you do that?"

"Magic." The blonde's full lips quirked into a lopsided grin. "We better hurry, our broomstick is waiting."

Did she just say, broomstick?

TBC

Post subject: Re: new: SURFACE TENSION
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:21 pm 
What a great story! :applause

Lot's of mystery and excitement, I can't wait for the next instalment.

jill.

********These endless days are finally ending.............*******

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:51 pm 
Sleek!!!! You're back!!!!

I've missed you, Girl! Imagine my surprise--nay, my delight--when I saw your name on the board!

And now here you are, taking us once again into some delightful AU where all we know for sure is that our girls will find their way (notice that subtle reference to your other fic?) to each other in a sublime, intriguing, and more-than-a-little-amusing fashion.

There were many sentences/phrases that caught my eye, but two that I'll mention were the "extremely adult gay bar!" and the delighful image of the menacing figure cooly telling everyone not to panic, following by these three simple words: "Pandemonium broke loose." I love how you use a paragraph to set the scene that is then punch-lined with such perfect brevity.

So you just update whenever and however you want to, Sleek, and I for one will be awaiting this story with an anticipation that borders on mania.

Seriously, Sleek--it's good to see you here again.

Mary

Edited by: AntigoneUnbound at: 3/29/03 7:53:08 pm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:39 pm 
Hmmmm.. Intriguing start you've made here.

Love to see more. :peace

"Honey, in case you didn't hear me the first six thousand times: no more teleportation spells."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:03 am 
:jho bad sleek, leaving us there!!! Very suspesful!! I can't wait to see what is coming up!

-Will

"I think finding her soulmate would have made Tara a more confident and secure person" -Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:34 am 
YAY great start:bounce

Want to read more. Pure little Willow totaly lost in a gay bar:rofl And then comes the rescue TARA:applause

Want to :read more really soon.

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

Man sieht nur mit dem Herzen gut, das Wesentliche ist für die Augen unsichtbar - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Post subject: Surface Tension
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:53 am 
:grin Great start. Looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:36 am 
sleek! So glad to see you back with a story! I am so intrigued, the story is exciting, Tara so in charge. Their escape through that trap floor reminiscent of Tabula Rasa, with Tara grabbing Willow on the way down. And their cute flirting brushing their lips on each other, very sexy. Wonderful story.

-----------------------------------

Only 50 cents

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:57 am 
Well hello there dear Sleek. You really know how to entertain a girl’s morning when she’s stuck in a windowless lab huh? Its daylight outside you say? Really – if you say so…

Now as for your new story, you had to go and put Tara oops, I mean ‘Agent Sapphire’ into leather huh? Give her this whole mysterious persona…were you really trying to appeal to my senses or what?!

Now I may have to ask for forgiveness here Sleek as I couldn’t help but find far too much humour here. Now I know you’re a witty old sod so I dare say it was intentional but I just found Willow’s handling of the situation hilarious. Focussing on the cuddliness of her saviour and the niceness of friction between them really isn’t the normal response in a fleeing situation. In most escape scenario’s we see the person’s senses heightened in terms of hearing, sight and speed for instance as they are touched by not a little amount of fear…interesting the ones you seemed to have gone with here…very interesting indeed.

Actually forget all that, if I was being rescued by a blue-eyed Goddess dressed in leather I dare say my reactions would be exactly the same. Heh.

Wonderful to see you back Sleek, really it is.

Much love

Sonya

Edited by: samiamiguess at: 4/1/03 9:35:02 am

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:54 am 
Hi Sleek,

Very intriguing opening. I liked how you just left us in the middle of a complex situation with no explanations and even less clue about what’s going on than your Willow. I also enjoyed Willow’s reaction to finding herself in ‘an extremely adult gay bar’ lol. Not to mention the fact that, even when fleeing for her life, Willow doesn’t lose sight of her priorities and keeps checking out agent Sapphire.

Looking forward to finding out why Willow needs to worry about traps, why sexy government agents think it necessary to fake her death and what the ominously named Special Intelligence Unit wants with Willow.

Thanks for a fun read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday,
and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow :
our life is the creation of our mind. ' from The Dhammapada

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:32 pm 
It's good to see an entertaining and well thought out AU story. I love the tension you create here, plunging the reader into the midst of the action without lengthy and unnecessary explanations of why, where and when. It adds to the mystery of the story and also heightens our senses for when we get involved into the relationship between the two girls. And you write that so well. It's instantaneously sexual and exciting, and I'm intrigued. Can't wait for more. :)

Asda uniforms. Clubbing. Unmixy things.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:42 pm 
:bounce sleek!! :bounce (the poet, heehee-I don't forget)

Don't know where you've been, but where ever it was, you have obviously been writing again.

:clap Goody.

And what a start, got me hooked already. Great beginning, look forward to more!

BV

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before"-Mae West

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:54 pm 
Always a treat after a long hard week to discover a great new story! Love this first chapter and can't wait to read more. Thanks for writing. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:09 am 
dear Kittens,

So BtVS is over and done with. I await the day till another series would capture my imagination and involve my emotions. Now I pay tribute to the writers who made these characters, but in so many ways, have misused them. I miss watching WT and yeah, even BtVS (the way it used to be). This is why I still roam the realms of the Kitten board because it somehow managed to preserve all of the things I miss.

Keep reading and writing Kittens! The next installment is done, but I'm rewriting some parts. Anybody who would like to beta-read my work feel free to tell me. I think it would be a great writing exercise to have someone to collaborate with.

Love to all,

Sleek

Jill

More suspense coming your way. I'm afraid you would have to wait a bit longer before some of the major questions would be answered.

Mary

Hey Mary! :bounce

I am so glad to see that you are still an omniscient presence here at Pens. I've been catching up with your 'God's Served and Abandoned' and wow…the texture and the emotional intensity of your work is just…overwhelming.

Please keep writing. I will never tire of your words…. love, Sleek

CaptMurdock

Thanks for stopping by. More tangled intrigue and less answers coming your way. ;)

Will

Be forewarned. Another cliffhanger is looming in the horizon.

Stroke of Luck

Hey there. The next update isn't much but more will come soonish.

jacki

Thanks! I do hope the update will compensate for my long absence.

xita

Hello Ms. Moderator. :) Wow, there are so many new and zany emoticons, I don't know what to use! Thanks for stopping by here. I do hope to keep WT alive by making this story as fun and intruiging as possible.

Sonya

Say, aren't you the witty, British one who loves to make wisecracks at my fic? ;)

I'm thrilled to still see your name here. I know I've been a delinquent writer but Kittens like you just keep me going. I really hope you'll enjoy this one girl. Any suggestions from you I will seriously (eherm) consider.

Miss ya, Sleek

miss calendar

Yes, our fair redhead knows her priorities indeed. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed reading the first bit as much as I enjoyed writing it. The next part is also a cliffhanger. I'm afraid some of your questions won't be answered soon. But then again I just might succumb to the temptation of spilling the beans… :)

tommo

I've been thinking about this story for a looong time and the depressing developments in BtVS just made me seize the keyboard and flesh the story out. I'm glad you found the opening 'instantaneously sexual and exciting' for I have plans of heightening the tension until the girls are ready to break through their personal walls and merge together. Thank you for the feedback as I really value your insight.

BV

Hey girl :bounce

You're still here! Alive and well I hope. I've stopped writing poetry, but thank you for reminding me. Hope you'll forgive me for being a delinquent writer. I'm just really really glad you stuck by.

Take care, Sleek.

ukxenafan

Another installment and I do hope it's not a disappointment. Enjoy!

NOW ONTO THE UPDATE!

SURFACE TENSION

by Sleek

Part 2

Soon, they reached what seemed like the end of the tunnel and clambered up a steel ladder.

"Hand me your knife," the woman in leather paused in her climbing to peer down at Willow who was struggling to grip a particularly slippery rung.

What does she need it for? She wouldn't be attacking me anytime soon would she? Willow studied the calm, clear blue eyes and found herself silently offering the knife to the woman above.

A small, pleased grin sneaked across the features of Agent Sapphire before she took the proffered knife and faced upwards. The blonde grunted under her breath as she loosened a circular hatch above with the knife. There was a loud clang and suddenly moonlight poured into the hollow tunnel.

Agent Sapphire slid her body up the opening and quickly pulled Willow up into a deserted alley. Willow shakily stood on her feet and welcomed the rush of the night air before glancing at the blonde.

"So, where's your broomstick?" Willow raised an auburn brow.

Agent Sapphire smiled mysteriously and gave a piercing whistle.

The faint roar of an engine pulled Willow's attention to the clearing at the end of the alley. A big, black motorcycle careened into view and charged towards them like a bull on wheels. Willow leapt out of the way.

"Stop."

The motorcycle screeched to a halt at the blonde's command. Agent Sapphire patted the bike's handlebars as if it was a cherished pet. She swung a leg over the bike and straddled it easily. She looked over her shoulder and found the redhead gaping at the bike.

"Hop in Ms. Rosenberg. Ebony doesn't like long waits."

That-— thing, has a name? Willow eyed the bike as she would a mutant pony.

Well, it doesn't have teeth so arm chewing isn't likely to happen. But skull cracking is a definite possibility. I don't see any helmets. Aren't you supposed to wear helmets when you ride such untamed-— things?

Agent Sapphire noticed the trepidation carved on the redhead's face.

"Willow," the blonde said gently. "It'll be a safe ride. I promise."

Willow didn't know if it was because of the promise to keep her safe or the way the woman said her name for the first time, but she was able to find a pebble of courage.

"Well, as long as you promise to look after me," Willow said as she awkwardly hauled her weight onto the bike behind Agent Sapphire.

"Just hold on to me. And I promise, I won't let you fall."

I seriously doubt you won't make me fall, Blue Eyes. The redhead sighed and carefully wrapped her arms around the blonde's waist.

Mr. Fog lowered the binoculars from his eyes. A slow, humorless smile split across his pale face.

"Our target is headed eastward accompanied by an agent travelling 90 kilometers per hour. Load your Spitfires, gentlemen. Kill the hacker but apprehend the agent. I want the agent alive for torture and questioning. Clear?"

Twenty men in impeccable black suits nodded in unison. Each lifted a rifle that glowed blood red with a flick of a switch.

The night air slapped her face. Her long, red hair whipped behind her back. Everything rushed past her in a dizzying blur.

"We're going too fast!" Willow shouted over the roar of the engine. The bike between her legs shook like a breathing, feral animal. Her chin was anchored over the blonde's right shoulder and her arms encircled the blonde's waist in a tight grip.

A small ball of fire wooshed out of nowhere and almost grazed Willow's shoulder.

"Not fast enough! Hold on tight, okay?" Agent Sapphire bent lower on the bike and kicked the control pedal hard.

"Okaaaay!" Willow almost got thrown off as they bolted forward in a huge spurt of speed.

A hail of tiny fireballs came down upon them. Agent Sapphire deftly maneuvered the bike, tilting left and right to avoid each fireball.

"Omigod-omigod-ohhhh!" Willow shut her eyes during a particularly dangerous tilt to the left that made them almost touch the ground. A fireball exploded inches from the bike's tires. Willow felt the heat lick the soles of her boots.

The redhead opened one eye and saw something that made her hold a horrified breath.

"What are you doing?! We'll crash into that wall!"

"Not if I can help it," Agent Sapphire whispered. She muttered a silent prayer as she gripped the handlebars and yanked it upwards.

For a split second, they lifted a foot from the ground and hovered in mid air. Both women glanced over their shoulders and saw several angry, red fireballs hurtling towards them.

"Fly Ebony!"

As if waking from its stupor, the bike vibrated and shot to the sky. Willow clung to the warm body of the blonde as they slipped from the clutches of gravity.

Agent Sapphire steered them towards a cluster of clouds. Damp, cold vapor pricked their skins. They slowed down a bit and glided above the city landscape. The buildings and streets dissolved into vague, shadowy shapes below.

"What the hell was that?" Willow, whose heart seemed to have surged into her throat, maintained her tight hold on the blonde.

"Spitfires, one of the many weapons of the Special Intelligence Unit. They want you dead and they want to capture renegade agents like me."

"Renegade? So you're not one of the good guys? Why do they want me dead?"

Instead of answering, the blonde turned to her. Blue eyes carefully studied her face. Searching. Reaching. Caressing. The blonde's lush lips were a breath apart from hers.

Willow's heart thumped more wildly than it did during the chase.

"Reach inside your being, Willow. Your intuition has always been there, waiting to answer your question. Do you think…Do you feel you could trust me?"

The stars beamed their silent language and danced across the blonde's eyes. Willow allowed herself to be cradled by their quiet gaze. I'm so tired. So tired of thinking. I know what I feel. But I don't know what I think. I just…I know…I…

"I trust you," admitted Willow, almost meekly.

"Thank you," Agent Sapphire's lips quirked into a tender smile. Trust is a rare gift. And yet now it is offered to her without question. She turned her attention back to the path before them. "I'm taking you to our headquarters. It's safer to explain there."

TBC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:40 am 
Ooh, it's back, how exciting, I had to reread the first part to refresh my mind. But now you've kicked in a plot. Tara works for some mysterious renegade organization !!

I loved this exchange :

Quote:

I won't let you fall."

I seriously doubt you won't make me fall, Blue Eyes

:heart

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The suspense is terrible. I hope it'll last."

-Willie Wonka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:55 pm 
Quote:
"So, where's your broomstick?" Willow raised an auburn brow.

Thats one mighty fine broomstick...

If you saw the car I drive you would understand my tinge of envy over such a machine...so stylish and slick (sleek even;) ) not to mention coooooooooool. Ok sounding like a 7 year old. ahem.

Anyway, you've got me hooked Sleek so you'd better continue with the updating, even if it is sporadic, all very much appreciated here. If not, I shall send round my harem of bitches to you...ok no, that may just delay you further...

Personally I love how you've instantly drawn the reader into an intense situation. It feels equally like a movie and a wonderful storybook realm where anything is possible. Of course the attraction between the girls is also somewhat appealing. Understatement on both the attraction and appealing there. heh.

And Mr Fog, now there's a character we can all know and hate, marvellous.

Quote:
Any suggestions from you I will seriously (eherm) consider.

Feel free to mail me Sleek and I shall tell you my serious thoughts, after those couple of seconds are over I'm sure I can think of something else to say. On rare a serious note I did actually mail you a couple of weeks ago but it got bounced as your mailbox was too full so be a love and stop being so popular will you...;)

Right, now onto Agent Blue Eyes' explanation...

Love ya girl,

Sonya

God! What kind of lesbians are you?!
If you love cheese so much, go love cheese! - Encheese

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:01 pm 
Oh Sleek.. I'm hooked! You have to write more when you get the chance..please please please. :pray

Post subject: Part 3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:05 pm 
Xita :banana

Gotta love the banana. :) Glad you like the fic so far, and as for the 'exchanges,' more Willow and Tara exchange to come. Enjoy!

I loved this exchange :

Sonya :eatme

Oooh! You get a banana 'eat me' icon.

If I ever get handsomely paid for a book that I've written (who knows in the future), I'll give you a decent flying motorcycle. So better find me a literary agent and a thousand paying readers. Deal?

And because I relish reading your entries here so much, I've thrown in an update for your reading pleasure.

You emailed me? :bounce Even if I didn't get to read it, the thought of it warms me. :love

I'll drop you a line in your slot- I mean 'mailbox' soon. See if I can milk ideas outta you. :moo (don't you just love these emoticons? Dandy aren't they?)

Really glad you're still here. Love, Sleek

FeLiNe Th0uGhTs

:) Hi there catty person! A big chunk of update coming right up. Thanks for stoppin' by!

SURFACE TENSION

by Sleek

Part 3

Willow squeezed a pink marshmallow between her fingers. She watched, entranced, as it yielded obediently to the pressure of her thumb and forefinger. It was delightfully cushiony and easy to sink her teeth into.

A tongue sneaked out of her lips as she prepared to taste the marshmallow. With small, calculated strokes, she brushed the marshmallow across her mouth as if to tantalize herself. Slowly, ever so slowly, she parted her lips and welcomed in the succulent softness of…lips. Another woman's lips. Red. Moist. Soft. And melting…melting…

Wake up, Willow.

"Don't take my marshmallow away," Willow grumbled. A petulant pout protruded from her dainty face. Her eyes were closed and her head lay heavily on Agent Sapphire's shoulder.

"As much as I think you're too cute for words right now, I'm afraid I have to wake you up. We're here Willow," Agent Sapphire gently massaged the slender nape of the redhead and carefully shook her awake.

"Wha— Where?" Willow snapped her head upright so quickly she bumped her forehead into a nose.

"Ow! Easy there."

Willow became aware that she was astride a motorcycle. Her arms were laced around a curvy body. She looked up at the source of the whiskey smooth voice.

"That's how you treat all the women you wake up next to?" the blonde's eyes glittered with merriment as she rubbed her nose with a gloved hand.

The redhead rushed to explain her behavior.

"Oh! Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean— I was eating marshmallows and then your lips came. I mean—not that I'm having naughty fantasies about your lips—though they are fantasy-worthy being all yummy, melty, softy, and lippy…I-I'm sure you'll win any lip pageant—if ever there was one…We could, we could organize one or I could just—crawl behind a rock and die now."

Willow, convinced that she was probably wearing an anaconda-sized sash that said 'Ms. Babbling Fool' right now, buried her face in her hands. Her fair skin turned into the shade of a tomato.

A gale of laughter tumbled from the blonde's throat. It was a rich, merry sound that filled Willow's ears and made her sink on the bike's seat.

"Oh Goddess! Y-you're…you're so adorable," Agent Sapphire managed to choke out between laughter. "Y-you almost made me forget we're in a life-and-death mission. Where have you been all my life?"

"Probably in the library," Willow said almost automatically. She chanced a look at the blonde. The laughter has died down but her eyes hinted that it would be awhile before she would forget Willow's babble.

But strangely, it felt all right. Willow wasn't mocked or criticized. In fact, if her eager little ears weren't deceiving her, this gorgeous, suave, renegade agent thinks that she, geeky Willow Rosenberg, was adorable. And that was a good thing in Willowbook.

Agent Sapphire dismounted from the bike and offered Willow a gloved hand. A grin shone across Willow's face as she took the blonde's hand and slid down to the ground.

Willow debated a nanosecond whether she should let the contact of fingers linger, but in that small space of hesitation the blonde's hand already slipped away. Stupid gloved hand.

"Hide Ebony," Agent Sapphire whispered. Ebony rumbled and rolled off into a grove like a weary animal.

They were standing in what appeared to be an unkempt, deserted park. Shrubs with lurid pink flowers crept everywhere. Trees loomed around them like ancient guardians—tall, gnarled and forbidding against the moonlight. Willow thought the place was perfect for people who fancy a stroll in 'Sleepy Hollow'.

"What country are we in?" Willow shivered inwardly. She had the distinct impression that trees had eyes and were watching her every move.

"We're just in the outskirts of the city. It's a perfect place for guarding spells because of the elements of nature. Come."

She's all business now. Willow thought glumly as she was led towards an empty playground in the corner of the park. The swings were rusty. The slides were moldy. The see-saws look like drift woods hinged together. The only thing that look brand, spanking new was the carousel.

But it was quite an odd carousel. Instead of the usual carnival ponies, the carousel had dragons, mermaids, sphinxes, centaurs and other mystical-looking creatures that seemed to be frozen in motion by magic. Agent Sapphire approached an ivory unicorn and spoke to its ear.

"Open up Harris, It's me."

"Tara! Long time no hear! Hate to sound like grandma, but no transmissions, no telepathic messages … You know how worried Ripper gets when you do that," the cheerful voice of a young man cackled from the unicorn's mouth.

If Willow hadn't been chased by Spitfires or ridden a flying motorcycle, she would've found the picture of the blonde woman seriously conversing with the unanimated unicorn a tad humorous.

"Well, if we weren't intercepted by Fog's balls of fire, maybe we would've stopped for tea," came the blonde's glib reply.

"We're just worried you know. Anyway, did you snag the cute redhead?"

Agent Sapphire's eyes raked casually over Willow's slim frame, from her boot-clad feet to her fiery tresses. The redhead's nose twitched not unlike a rabbit.

"Cute redhead, check. Have I snagged her? Well, maybe you can ask her that."

Willow tore her eyes away from the blonde's sexy smirk. Her heart did a swift pirouette. Cute? Did she say I'm cute? I hope she didn't mean the short, bow-legged kind of cute. Oh please let her mean that I'm yummy-cute. Or, or will-you-go-out-with-me cute.

"Hey! No flirting, Agent Sapphire. Get in here before Ripper throws a ruckus."

The carousel whirled twice to the left, and once to the right. The carousel creatures parted to reveal a path leading into a massive hub where a metal door slid open.

They stepped inside a cylindrical elevator and descended. There wasn't any floor buttons or any kind of design except for mirrors. The mirrors surrounded them and reproduced a hundred images of Agent Sapphires and Willows in different angles.

"These mirrors are bewitched to recognize all the members of The Unicorn. If you stepped in here without Harris informing the mirrors that I have a guest, you would probably be toast by now," a hundred Agent Sapphires turned to Willow.

"That's—comforting. I mean, if people have the propensity to chase you with lethal weapons at least you have lethal security. So what is The Unicorn? Are you guys some sort of secret magical organization?" Willow asked.

"We're the last guardians of the earth," Agent Sapphire answered simply.

Willow was going to ask another question but the elevator stopped and the door slid open.

Inside was a sprawling, dome-shaped room with sloping doors against the curved walls. She was led to a round, conference table with several swivel chairs in the middle of the otherwise empty room. Every inch of the domed ceiling was covered in intricate calligraphy. Willow recognized some of the writings as Japanese, Latin, and Egyptian but many looked so foreign she suspected they weren't even human writing.

"The lost prophecies," Agent Sapphire said, noticing what caught Willow's fascination. "And yes, some of these writings are not of this world."

The redhead's brow's shot up almost to her hairline. "How did you know what I was thinking?"

Agent Sapphire lowered her gaze and spoke to the marbled floor. "I-I can…h-hear thoughts," she said as if confessing she had a rare disease.

Like right now? You can hear me? Green eyes reached for sapphires. There is no need to be ashamed y'know. It's pretty neat. But does that mean, you know that I…you heard me thinking about you? Well, just so you know, I'm rarely naughty. And again I maintain that I never had naughty thoughts about your…lippies.

The blonde couldn't stop the giggles that seized her body. She smiled as she met Willow's gaze.

"T-thank you. For not making me feel…weird about my gift. Most people look at me as if I had two heads, or they want to test me like I'm some… c-clever chimpanzee. And about your thoughts, um, I can only hear then when they're edible—I m-mean audible enough," Agent Sapphire again ducked her head.

"Did you see that? The Apocalypse is coming. I haven't seen Tara stutter, giggle and blush in ages," a young man built like a construction worker with dark hair approached them.

"Yes, those are the natural symptoms of attraction between humans. We could deduce that Tara is attracted to the redhead. And judging from the way the redhead was intently studying Tara's mammary glands just a second ago, she must find her sexually appealing too," a slender young woman with wavy, straw-blond hair said as if she was discussing the weather.

Tara scowled at the woman but seemed not surprised by her behavior. Willow on the other hand, was not faring well. Her jaw fell a mile to the floor and her face was tinged with a furious crimson.

"Yanka, you embarrassed them," the guy poked Yanka in the ribs. "Apologize." But he too didn't look a bit remorseful at the discomfort of the two women.

"Are you an alien? 'Coz I think it's inhumanely possible to talk like that," Willow blurted out. Her eyes were fixed, green lasers on Yanka.

"No. I am a thousand and one year old justice demon," said Yanka matter-of-factly. She didn't flinch under Willow's glare at the slightest.

Tara put a pacifying hand on Willow's shoulder. She added a little pressure on her fingers and massaged Willow's right shoulder gently. Willow relaxed visibly.

"It's okay. She's still learning the rudiments of human communication but she's one of the good guys. Yanka is the representative of the Reformed Demons Association and also the Supplies and Finance Head of The Unicorn," Tara explained and cocked her head towards the young man. "Alex Harris is our Weapons Maker and the, um, receptionist."

"Hey! I prefer Head Quarters Commander," Alex lumbered forward and offered Willow a swift handshake. "I also make a mean burrito."

Willow returned Alex's good-natured smile.

"I see you've already made introductions."

Everybody turned to see a tall, bespectacled man in a charcoal-grey suit approaching them. He had a weary stride and his face didn't betray any emotion. He stopped in front of Willow. His intelligent grey eyes regarded her thoughtfully.

"Willow Rosenberg, it's an honor to meet you at last. I'm Ripper Giles."

Willow's hand was swallowed by Ripper's calloused hand.

"Uh—thanks," said Willow uncertainly.

"Have a seat, the meeting is about to start. I know you have many questions which," Ripper looked pointedly at Tara, "Agent Sapphire didn't probably have time to answer, just the same way that she didn't have time to inform any of us of her status-"

"Ripper, we were chased by spitfires. I really didn't have time to send a transmission," said Tara, exasperated.

"But I'm glad both of you are safe. That is my only concern," Ripper continued, ignoring Tara's explanation. "I can't risk losing our last Seer," he glanced at Tara then turned to Willow, "and the last Sorcerer."

Is he talking about me? Willow reached for Tara's eyes but the blonde was averting her gaze.

"Okay, let's start," Ripper gestured towards the conference table and everyone sat on the swivel chairs.

"The warrior princess isn't here yet," noted Alex.

"That's the Warrior of the People, you baffoon," a petite, sandy-blonde woman piped from behind them. She plopped down beside Yanka and regarded Willow with bright hazel eyes.

"Hey Willow. I like the jacket. My name's Joan Summers," she said as if they were already friends.

Willow looked absently at her embroidered denim jacket. She gave Joan a nervous smile. "Thanks."

Ripper cleared his throat and everybody immediately turned their attention to him.

"Good, everything is in order. Phase one is done once Ms. Rosenberg is on board, that is if she decides to join us after I explain our mission," Ripper took a slim remote control from his blazer pocket and pressed a red button. A hologram of a Unicorn sprung from the center of the table.

"The Unicorn started as a sacred order during medieval times. Its primary objective was to guard earth from supernatural evil. I myself, was trained and raised by one of the members of the Order, but he was slain when I was eighteen-years-old."

A cloaked figure appeared beside the Unicorn, and with a flash of a silver sword, the Unicorn fell to the ground.

"One by one, the members of The Unicorn were killed by an unseen force. I was sent to live and study in a university by one of the Unicorn elders, but she too, was slain. With my unusual gifts, I was employed as an agent in the Special Intelligence Unit or SIU—the government unit dealing with paranormal crimes. While I dedicated my life in protecting our country, I continued investigating the murder of my mentor and the members of The Unicorn. But instead of answers, I unearthed more questions," Ripper paused, as if interrupted by a disturbing thought.

"The first question was, who would want to slay the Order? The Unicorn created many alliances as well as enemies with beings other than the human kind. But most of them, even the other-worldly enemies, were afraid to even set foot on The Unicorn's grounds because it was protected by the most ancient, and powerful magicks. Who could be powerful enough to wipe away more than fifty fully trained warriors, seers, and sorcerers? The answer came to me five years ago when I met a Seer-Potential who was being trained at the SIU."

Everyone was now looking at Tara. She was pointedly ignoring everyone's stares.

"Tara MaClay, or Agent Sapphire as the SIU called her, was a shy, reclusive girl and like most people with the true gift of sight—was often misunderstood. Her ability to see paranormal and normal occurrences past and future was uncanny. I saw to her training personally and discovered that she had been having dreams quite similar to mine. Only hers were clearer."

A skull-like face gleamed malevolently at the center of the table.

"She saw the arrival of an exile from the future who arrived here at the Hellmouth. Apparently the Order has apprehended this being, but it overpowered them. According to the Last Unicorn Chronicles I have recently uncovered, this being's mission is to purge earth of all evil and create a perfect civilization. Seems altruistic, I know, but its methods are ruthless. This being, which I call The Perfect One, sucks human souls. It controls these soulless humans according to its will, working together until they achieve the perfect society. Its victims maintain their human form but act like automatons. They're a perfect breed of people without any human weaknesses. They don't get ill or experience emotional disturbance, and like the Perfect One, are impervious to death. They look human, but they're not. As of now 80% of the SIU and other government departments have been turned and an estimated 30% of the world population. Our civilization is being replaced and a lot of people haven't even noticed it," Ripper chuckled without mirth.

"Gathering from what I learned from the Order and my training at the SIU, I formed the new Unicorn—the last guardians of the earth—to battle the Perfect One. As you may have noticed, Yanka is a demon-"

"Justice Demon," Yanka corrected.

"Yes, my apologies. Right now I am re-establishing the Unicorn's alliances, both human and non-human to battle the Perfect One. There's a remarkable drop in the number of demons, vampires, werewolves and other creatures because of the Perfect One's cleansing process. And some of them are willing to help us. This is a battle for all living beings on earth."

"But," Willow interrupted. "How can we defeat the Perfect One if it can't be killed?"

"Funny you should ask that," Ripper surveyed Willow. His eyes were like two searchlights. Willow shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

Another figure appeared on the table. It was of a woman hovering above a crowd. Her hair billowed behind her face. Willow thought she looked familiar.

"Tara had another vision. She saw a sorcerer powerful enough to banish the Perfect One into Nothingness, the only realm where it is rendered powerless…where it won't be able to disturb the past, present, or future," Ripper pressed a button on the remote, and the hologram vanished.

"We have searched for two years for this sorcerer. And right now, after all our hard work, I could say our quest is finally over."

TBC

Post subject: Re: Part 3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:34 pm 
OKay, so I just read the entire thing and I must say that I find the concept REALLY interesting.. I'm looking foward for more :hmm

And Joan :lol

:D

Domaris!

"Rock my world!" - Gia

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes!" - Somebody

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:53 pm 
Sleek! Gotta tell you girl, I'm liking this better and better the further along you take us. :bounce

Look forward to this mission and the sorcerer!!

BV

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before"-Mae West

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:27 pm 
Quote:
If Willow hadn't been chased by Spitfires or ridden a flying motorcycle, she would've found the picture of the blonde woman seriously conversing with the unanimated unicorn a tad humorous.

Well I found it humorous. heh. I mean come on, the thought of an Agent Blue Eyes softly talking into the ear of a Unicorn, lucky thing.

So anyway, really loving the way you've crafted this. Its an AU but not. I mean clearly its completely AU (and so i contradict myself) but what I mean is here we have flying motorcycles and Tara in leather (thank you again by the way for the image) but we still have the core scoobies saving the world with their witty or glib oneliners.

The story is quite removed in itself but you link it so well back with the quotes and the characters and I agree, Joan, hee.

One thought, no Dawn? Just noticed when I went back over it. And you went to all that effort and getting me to like her before heh.

Keep it coming Sleek, need my fix now that you've spoiled me with two quick successive updates. I can be a greedy bugger when I put my mind to it, but a highly appreciative one at that ;)

My thanks and love as always,

Sonya

*goes off wanting a marshmallow...;) *

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:40 pm 
this is an enchanting tale so far, i look forward to reading more of it

Post subject: Part 4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:35 pm 
Domaris

I find Tabularasa extremely funny, ergo Joan has sauntered into my fic. Thanks for stopping by.

BV

Hey girl! :grin I hope everything is sunny and cheery in your end. A quick update coming up!

Sonya :bounce

Yes, this is a non-AU AU (now that made sense). I'd like to keep the core characters and unfortunately (or fortunately for some), Dawn didn't make it to the auditions. I hope you enjoy this girl. God knows it'll warm my heart to warm your British end (no…not that kind of end!) ;)

Go be a greedy bugger anytime you want. I enjoy it. Thanks for sticking around here.

Mwah!

:heart Sleek

Rage More

More enchanting stuff to come your way. Thanks for reading and appreciating!

-

Dear Kittens,

Warning, an obscene cliffhanger right ahead. I also didn't have much time to edit this. You might hate me afterward. Or maybe not. ;)

Sleek

-

SURFACE TENSION

by Sleek

Part 4

Two figures wearing surgical masks bent over the naked body of a woman with scarlet hair. Her body was cold and rigid as the steel table she was laid on.

"The dental records and prints match. Have you sent word to Mr. Fog?" asked the balding one as he covered the body with a blanket.

"Yes," nodded the younger one, removing his mask to reveal his sallow, stoic face. "There is no doubt the renegade agents have altered our files. Several of our men saw the real Ms. Rosenberg escape with an agent. Mr. Fog is conferring with our Omniscience as we speak."

"Officers of the Special Intelligence Unit," the cool, bland voice of Mr. Fog hovered above them. "Our Omniscience sent orders to restore our original files and modify our security settings. We may have underestimated the hacker's role in our mission. Find every existing data—past, present and future— about Willow Rosenberg."

"Mr. Fog," the younger one spoke, "we need a Seer to gather future-related data. The last Seer of the SIU joined Agent Ripper's organization."

"Thank you Mr. Hawthorne for volunteering to get the Seer," Mr.Fog replied pleasantly. "Organize your teams. You all have 48 hours to execute our Omniscience's orders starting this minute."

Forty men and women with vacant eyes nodded inside the silent building.

The Unicorn members fixed their attention on Willow. Even the molecules of air seemed to stand still to scrutinize her expression.

Willow's emerald eyes widened, trying to swallow everything in.

"You can't mean that I'm your almighty powerful sorcerer! I mean, I'm a girl, so I'd be a sorceress to start with. But I can't be a sorceress, there must be some mistake," Willow's forehead scrunched at the thought. "I can crack the government's security and hack confidential files. I can make ATM machines spew money and bombs explode with a click of a mouse—I'm strictly a computer gal. There's no magical bone in my body—not that I go groping for my bones everyday because that's just eww."

"You're overwhelmed, you don't have to make a decision right away," Ripper nodded understandingly.

"Overwhelmed? Overwhelmed doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling right now!" Willow jumped from her seat and gestured wildly. "I'm still absorbing the part where there's a vacuum cleaner out there sucking souls and replacing our civilization. I haven't even begun to process what I feel about being your so-called sorceress savior. It's just…impossible. I wouldn't know a spell if it did a lap dance in front of me, how am I supposed to banish anything? I'm not powerful. I'm just your average computer geek. I'm nothing special."

"No. You are." Tara's soft voice made Willow stop from launching into another nervous babble. She pinned Willow with an intense gaze that made the redhead hold her breath.

"You're special," Tara spoke with quiet certainty. "I see you…and I see this incredible woman with so much power in her, waiting to be unleashed. You're a strong person Willow. Your heart holds so much courage and goodness and that makes you powerful…and I-I don't need magic to see that."

Willow gulped and drew a calming breath. Her eyes were drawn helplessly to Tara's and her body almost went limp under the intimate caress of those summer blue eyes.

For one moment, Willow felt like she can be something more than herself, like she can slay dragons or crush an army if it meant Tara would look at her like that. Wow. She believes in me...that's all that matters.

Tara fell into Willow's emerald depths and willed the redhead to read her mind. If you could only see what I see in you, then maybe you would never doubt how special you are Willow.

The Seer and the reluctant Sorceress drowned in each other's gaze. A warm, tingly feeling flooded both of them and made everything else melt into the background.

"Should we tell them we're still here? Are they going to stare at each other all night?" Yanka whispered loudly in Ripper's ear.

This seemed to yank the two women into reality. Willow sheepishly sank back into her chair. Her eyes darted back to Tara who flashed her a reassuring grin, but the intensity of the moment was already broken.

"You have tonight to think this over, Willow. Alex will make sure you have everything you need, you can sleep in one of our quarters," Ripper pointed towards one of the sloping doors to his far right. "Tomorrow, we'll meet here at 7AM to know your decision and begin your training. I'm afraid there's no turning back once you join us. You would have to quit school, leave your family and friends, and dedicate your life towards eliminating this being. Do not take this mission lightly, your life will be endangered once you decide to battle the Perfect One."

"Geez G-man," Alex said dryly, "couldn't you come up with a glummer spiel to entice Willow to sign up?"

"What Ripper is trying to inadequately say is that you are welcome to join us in this thrilling world of fighting evil," Joan aimed a winning smile at Willow. "Think of it as being cast as one of the Charlie's Angels without the flattering butt-shots and cleavage-enhancing costumes."

"And she swears she's not lesbo," Yanka said conspiratorially to Alex.

"Um…can I talk to Tara for a moment. Alone?" Willow knew everyone was trying to help, but they were just making her more jumpy by the minute.

"Yes, allow her to make surreptitious glances at Tara's breasts—that will convince her to stay."

"Yanka!" Everybody threw a baleful glare towards the justice demon.

"What? I'm right here. No need to invoke my name so loudly," Yanka said irritably. "How come whenever I refer to your fascinating mating procedures you all look at me as if I just eviscerated someone? Isn't mating a pleasurable experience for you? Alex almost gave me a demonstration once, but he—"

"Dumplings?" Alex blurted out, the tips of his large ears turned red. "I just ordered Chinese food packed in these nifty boxes with chopsticks. I'll go get 'em."

Alex sprinted towards a door that Willow could only guess leads to the kitchen. She almost smiled when she saw Ripper quietly admonishing Yanka, no doubt, about her inappropriate comment. Willow stole this chance to look at Tara who was talking to Joan.

Even though her face was half obscured by her cascading caramel blonde hair, Willow was able to trace with her eyes the elegant curves of Tara's cheeks and the graceful line of her neck.

Does she have any idea how breathtaking she is? Willow felt her breath hitch as sapphire eyes swung in her direction.

Omigod. She heard me. She heard me thinking about her!

Quickly, Willow swiveled her head and craned her neck to look at the intricate calligraphy on the ceiling.

"We can talk later," Tara's voice probed her thoughts. Willow turned and saw Tara addressing her. The blonde's cheeks blossomed into a red flush as their eyes met. "A-after dinner. We can talk…in my room."

Willow could only nod stupidly. It was one of those rare moments when words failed her.

"So, uh, nice room," Willow said conversationally. Her mind raced to string a clever line that could make the beautiful blonde before her fling herself into her arms.

They were now alone. Inside Tara's room. Tara was adjusting a lamp that cast a soft peachy glow across her face and the rest of the room. But Willow was only paying attention to one thing.

Tara. Tara who was now smiling softly at her and who fluidly slid the leather coat off her body and tossed it towards a nearby chair. She was wearing leather pants that hugged her round hips and a sheer, sleeveless blouse with a V-neckline that dipped just above her cleavage.

Stop looking at her boobies. Stop looking at her boobies. Stop acting like an idiot pubescent boy and stop looking at her boobies! Willow silently commanded herself. Her breathing slowed down to the same rhythm as Tara's heaving breasts.

"Um, I'm gonna change to something less…distracting," Tara smiled timidly at Willow's discomfort. She jerked her thumb to her left. "Closet's over there. You can change into one of my clothes if you want."

Tara took an armful of clothes from the closet and disappeared behind a narrow door. When Willow heard the sounds of the shower spray, she quickly removed her denim jacket and kicked off her boots. Her heart was hammering in her chest as she pulled her jeans down to her ankles and threw her shirt over her head.

Now clad in her cotton underwear, Willow bit her lip as she surveyed the contents of Tara's closet. Her eyes fell towards a pile of silky material. Willow ran her fingertips over it and realized she was touching one of Tara's panties. Her hand instantly pulled away as if scorched from the contact.

I bet she's softer than that. Softer than silk. I wonder what she smell

Willow fought the sudden urge to grab the article of clothing. Just think of the look in her face if she catches you in just your cotton undies while sniffing her panties like a mad dog!

With that thought, Willow grabbed a large jersey and slipped it on. She shut the closet with a determined look and sat on the chair where Tara had flung her coat.

Willow grinned as she noticed for the first time how much the room resembled Tara. It was classy but cozy.

Abstract paintings of vivid hues were hung on the wall against the queen-sized bed. Willow particularly liked the painting of a swirling mass of blended colors that looked like the Milky Way. An assortment of crystals and stones were laid on a black velvet cloth draped over the bedside table. A low, mahogany bookcase stood beside the closet. Willow ran her hands across the leather-bound spines and found numerous titles about magic, divination, astronomy, and to her surprise, the unabridged version of Hans Christian Andersen and The Brothers Grimm collection of fairy tales.

She's a child-woman. A dreamer and a weaver of dreams. Willow absorbed this thought as she eyed the massive lamp that stood in the corner of the room. It looked more like a pillar of light than a lamp. Willow pressed a tiny button on its base and the room was suddenly plunged into midnight blue with star-shaped pastel lights falling here and there like a meteor shower.

Wow. I feel like I just walked into prom night.

"You like stars?"

Willow was surprised to see Tara's outline suddenly standing before her. The stars rained on her body and illuminated Tara in flashing streaks. She was wearing a baby t-shirt and boxer shorts.

"Stars comfort me. There's something about the vast space that envelopes me with calmness," Tara took a step closer towards Willow. Her fresh scent of vanilla and citrus wafted towards the redhead. "I wanted to be an astronaut when I was little, but Dad thought the idea of a woman rocketing into space was ridiculous. He always said a woman's rightful place was at home."

"He must be horrible," Willow replied without thinking.

"No, he was just misguided. I loved him," Tara sat on the bed and patted the space beside her.

Willow carefully sat beside Tara. "Loved? You mean he's—"

"Turned. Right now he's one of the soulless automatons working for the Perfect One. It's…sad to look into the face of someone you love and know he doesn't really exist anymore."

"I'm sorry," Willow knew her words were insufficient to heal the pain Tara must have felt. She folded her hands nervously on her lap. She glanced at Tara's own hands and she noticed she was wearing another pair of gloves, this time made of thin, cottony material instead of leather.

"So," Tara shrugged her shoulders as if to dispel her earlier thoughts. "That's why we're here right? To fight the good fight and 'not go gently into the night'? What is it do you want to talk to me about?"

"Why are you still wearing gloves?"

Willow noticed the subtle movement of Tara hunching and hiding behind her curtain of hair. It was such a small movement but it said everything.

"Uh…not that I think its weird," Willow rushed to say. She wanted to say anything, anything that would ease the tension she saw forming in Tara's shoulders. "I was just, curious. You know me, such a curious puppy hoppin on short-hind legs."

Aha! Willow thought triumphantly. Is that a Tara-grin? Yep. That's the beginnings of a Tara-grin all right.

"And you're one cute puppy at that," Tara whispered as she lifted her head and bore her eyes into Willow.

A long silence fell upon them and both girls were content to leisurely caress each other other's eyes. Eyes drifted over shoulders, cheeks, necks, lips, and rested once again on each other's gazes.

"I-I have, um," Tara took a breath and pulled her roaming thoughts away from creamy skin and burning, emerald eyes. "I have…sensitive fingers. It’s a long story, and I usually don't talk about it. But if you really want to know… "

TBC

Post subject: Re: Part 4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:14 pm 
:bigwave Sleek,

OMG! :clap :bow I just found this fic! I love it! :clap :bow You can't leave it there! You are :devilish ! Clifhngers bad! Sensitive fingures? Can't wait to see the explintion on that one! :wink I love te way you portray :willow and :tara and the rest of them. I like the way that you change up the names too. :) Can't wait to :read more. Update soon, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray

bluewillowwitch :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

---------------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happening."--Anita Loos

Edited by: bluewillowwitch  at: 8/7/03 5:18 pm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:33 pm 
Quote:
Warning, an obscene cliffhanger right ahead.

Oh my god, you weren't even kidding!!!! ARRGGHH!!!! :stink

How often do I go about begging for updates?? NEVER. What am I doing now?? Begging for an update! :rofl

I love AUs and this one is just great! I can't wait for more!!!

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. -Erma Bombeck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:30 pm 
that was great! omg i wish there was more, i'm so happy about this fiction. the plot and everything is sooo different, i can't wait for more to show up!!

sionan

"Rage More" Paulie- Lost and Delirious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:33 am 
Whoa!!

Fall into a thread and get thrown around.

Yikes!

Altho' it's pretty cool, more please?

Sorry I missed church, I was busy becoming a lesbian and worshiping Satan

Bardlet no #27

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:38 am 
Oh what a fun story! I love the concept of the perfect one, plus this whole Tara can hear Willow's thoughts brings the fun flirting up to another level! Love the support group around them , Yanka of course is always funny and Alex calling Joan the warrior princess lol Great stuff, look forward to more.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The suspense is terrible. I hope it'll last."

-Willie Wonka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:00 pm 
*Looking like she's been stung on the lip Sonya makes a bad impression of a pout* I wanna know! these sensitive hands...mmm...*shakes head* :grin

Anyway dear Sleek I've had a sod of a day so I'm so grateful to have come home to this. You blend humour, intrigue and romance so well. (An)Yanka is such an outlet for comedy, a faucet of fun if you like. And I love how you entwine quotes. This time the 'specialness' line. Imagine me bouncing (metaphorically of course ;) ) as I recgonise them followed by she meant that, course she meant that.

Funniest line for me though was, 'um nice room'. After her inability to say anything earlier that was such a good follow-up. And way to go Rosenberg, you're the queen of coolness with that one...heh.

So Willow is a sorceress and Tara a Goddess, I mean Seer. Good good. Can't wait to see where you're going with this Sleek. Onwards dear woman. Onwards.

My gratitude for writing and brightening my day as always.

:heart Sonya

Edited by: samiamiguess at: 8/12/03 3:05 pm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:45 pm 
OH wow those updates were great YAY!:clap :bounce

:lol i love this sentence!:heart Wonder why her hands are so sensitiv...lol i see lots of fun...hmm maybe Willow takes those gloves off, one by one and then she touches her hands *sigh*

Quote:
"I-I have, um," Tara took a breath and pulled her roaming thoughts away from creamy skin and burning, emerald eyes. "I have…sensitive fingers. It’s a long story, and I usually don't talk about it. But if you really want to know… "

Hope to read more really really soon:pray

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

This is a duet, Amber! You need to sing!"- Tony