The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cloaked Chapter 8/? (AU)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:11 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Title: Cloaked
Author: Thomas (Taralover being my board handle)
Rating: PG 13 for now.
Part 1/?
Disclaimers: I make no money out of this fanfic, I'm just writing it for fun.
Pairing: Willow/Tara (of course)
Summary: In this AU fic, Willow is a hacker who has stumbled across some very dangerous people.
Feedback: Yes please, I really love feedback and it's the reason why I write fanfiction.
Other things-Thank you so much to willowandtaraforever for being my beta and encouraging me to write. Without you I would be mired in writer's block. If I need to chage the name of the bank to a non rl one just let me know and I will do it ASAP.

Chapter One-Hacking into the Witness Stand

Willow Rosenberg grinned as she hacked into the accounts of Sunnydale’s branch of Chase Bank. She privately considered herself to be one of the best hackers in the country.

Unlike many of them out there, I have a private code of ethics that I live by. All right, strictly speaking stealing a quarter dollar from the accounts of everybody in Sunnydale and the neighboring region was theft, and quite possibly grand theft at that. But I didn’t spend the money on my princess or myself; I used it to bail out the Summers family when they faced foreclosure through no fault of their own when Joyce divorced her husband.

She didn’t do it on a whim; she did it because he was hitting her. That makes it the right thing to do in my view. And then he legged it rather then pay his share of the mortgage. She and her family would have been homeless if I had not done what I did. I was very careful, I didn’t bankrupt the bank, and none of the thousands of people that I robbed knew anything about it. And given that the Summers family have always treated me so well and took me in when my own family rejected me for being a lesbian, I owed it to them.

Hacking into the school system was also a crime, but all I did was change Tara’s marks from a B to an A+. I didn’t lower anybody’s marks, not even those who I deeply disliked, nor did I raise my own marks. With this country heading into a recession, Tara needs a great grade to have a chance of getting to do the job she wants to do. That’s one of the few things that I’ve kept a secret from Tara, I know she would not approve one bit.

Of course there are some places that I just don’t go to, especially after 9/11. I have no wish to rot in Gitmo Bay for the rest of my life after all. Hey, what’s this?

As she probed further she realized that a large amount of the money in the bank was being funneled through a front company, and the more she looked the more worried she got.

This is more then a simple scam or a way to avoid taxes, this is funding terrorism and terrorist cells within the United States. I should tip off the police about it, but how can I do so without facing some serious criminal charges myself? I feel like a burglar who has come across a murder plot. Maybe I should just let it be, but then innocent people might die as a result. I’ll wait until Tara comes home.

It was a few hours before Tara came in and grinned at Willow. “Hi Princess.”

“Hi Honey.” Willow began massaging Tara’s back in the way that she loved, and planted a soft kiss on the back of her neck. “How was your day?”

“As crazy as ever, but then it always is in the casualty ward. Some stupid kid let off an illegal M80 firecracker; this always tends to happen around this time of year. It blew several of his fingers off and I had to help sew them back on. Apart from that there were the usual drunks who were injured in bar fights, someone whose leg was broken in a car crash, and a very itchy person with poison ivy who had scratched lots of her skin off. Not nice, but it’s good to know I am doing my bit to help.”

“And it brings in the money too.” Willow laughed. She did have a job fixing people’s computers when viruses or other causes damaged them, but it was Tara’s job as a skilled surgeon that brought in most of the money. “I need to ask you something very important…”

There was a knock on the door and Willow opened it to find two policemen who held up their badges. “Willow Rosenberg?”

“Yes, that’s me.”

“We’d like you to come down to the station for a few questions. We would prefer not to arrest you but we will if we have to.” Willow nodded, and inwardly shuddered.

I must have tripped an alert switch and they’ve found out about my hacking. When they go through the hard drive, and they will, they’ll find out about everything I’ve done. I might go to prison for many years, and Tara…she could lose her job because I increased her grades. Don’t panic….

Trying not to show her fear Willow went down to the station and it was not long before a detective came to see her. “I’m Detective Andrew of Sunnydale’s cyber-crime unit. You tripped an alarm when you illegally hacked into the Sunnydale branch of Chase Bank. When we investigated we found an illegal money trail that we doubt you had anything to do with. Now because of a few legal decisions at Supreme Court level, we can only prosecute the people responsible if you agree to testify to a grand jury and then again in open court. If you agree to do so, the district attorney says he won’t prosecute you for any of your crimes-they will be left on file however in case you ever offend again.”

“If you refuse to do so, we will go through your hard drive and prosecute you for anything illegal we find on there that we can prove, and you could end up doing years of hard time in a very unpleasant prison, and have any illegally gained assets seized by the courts and sold.”

I don’t have a choice. It’s not just several years of my life at stake, but also that of Tara who could lose her job because of me, and the Summers family who could lose their home.

“I’ll testify. I’ll tell you everything you want to know.”

“Then I’ll drive you to the grand jury room, through a side door to avoid the press.”

After hearing Willow’s testimony and the testimony of the police the grand jury indicted one Warren Meers, but he remained free after paying a million dollars in bail money and surrendering his passport. That evening he asked his lawyer, who worked for the law firm of Wolfram and Hart, what the chances were of escaping conviction.

“It’s rather complicated to explain to somebody who is not a lawyer, but when the police stumbled on what they did they did not have a warrant to search your accounts. There was a similar case about a decade ago, which went all the way through the US court system. To cut an exceedingly long and complicated tale short, to make the charges stick Willow Rosenberg must testify. Were she to change her mind, or if something was to stop her testifying, the case would fall apart. It’s very unlikely that we could get the money back, but you could avoid conviction and a very heavy sentence.”

“How long a sentence are we talking here?”

“A hundred years in San Quentin State Prison, with a chance of parole after fifty.” The lawyer silently handed Warren a confidential file from his case, which contained a photo of Willow and other information such as her home address.

“I’d like you to go and ask a few friends of ours to meet with me,” Warren told his lawyer. “No need to use the phone. We would not want the risk of the message being heard by the wrong people if the phone is tapped.”

Last edited by Taralover on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Cloaked Chapter 1/?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:37 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hmmm...
Interesting idea. Lots of Law & Order coming down on our heads, huh?

*grumblegrumble* hate Warren...

Lucky Willow, not getting in trouble for that. It all does seem a little manufactured, but that's okay. I am passionately suspending my disbelief :)

Post subject: Re: Cloaked Chapter 1/? (AU)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:55 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

synthwrr , thank you for your comment. It may not be *perfect* but hopefully people will still like it.

Part 2/?
Summary: In this AU fic, Willow is a hacker who has stumbled across some very dangerous people.
Feedback: Yes please, I really love feedback and it's the reason why I write fanfiction.
Other things-Thank you so much to willowandtaraforever for being my beta and encouraging me to write. Without you I would be mired in writer's block. If I need to chage the name of the bank to a non rl one just let me know and I will do it ASAP.

Chapter Two-Kiddnapped

A few nights later Willow sat at Tara’s laptop surfing the Internet, as her own computer had been impounded by the police and taken away as evidence against Warren Meers. This time what she was doing was totally legal, as Detective Andrew had warned her in no uncertain terms that if he caught her hacking again the deal with the district attorney was off and she was defiantly going to prison. Tara was away working a late night in the emergency ward, which she did five nights a week.

Tara was right to be angry at me, if I had not discovered that money trail that is linked to so many powerful people, then I would be sitting in a police cell right now facing multiple charges and the prospect of ending up as someone’s prison bitch. Not to mention what could happen to Tara and my friends. What if that Warren comes after me for giving evidence, or sends somebody to get rid of me? He has a great deal to lose, after all. Maybe I should apply for a gun license, ask the police for protection, or just hide out in a hotel for a few days whilst I work out if I really am in danger.

There was a knock on the door.

“Who’s there?”

“It’s the police. We’ve come to interview you about the case, and to warn you of the danger that you may be in from the friends of Mr Meers.”

Normally the police are never around when you need them, but it looks like I’m in luck tonight.

She put her hand on the door handle to let them in and then looked at the though the window.

Plainclothes detectives, I assume. Where is their car? I don’t see any blue lights flashing. Willow, you’re being paranoid. Ask them to show their badges, and then you’ll know that they’re genuine. “Before I let you in, I’d like you to show me your badges.”

They nodded, reached into their trench coats, and their hands came out not holding police ID, but pistols.

If I don’t let them in right now, they’ll shoot through the door and kill me on the spot. Whoever they are, they are not the police.

With trembling hands Willow unlocked the door. “If you scream, we will kill you here and now,” warned one of the men, whilst another produced a roll of duct tape and wrapped it ten times around and around Willow’s mouth, and then taped her at the wrists, arms and ankles. They lifted her up and dumped her into the boot of her car, then shut the door and set off north. One of them phoned their immediate boss using a pay as you go phone. “We’ve picked her up. Where shall we take her to?”

“Take her to Sunnydale Cemetery, a key has been left in the lock, and there is an open grave awaiting tomorrow’s burial of an eighty year old woman who died of a totally natural heart attack. Use your knives to kill her by cutting her throat over the grave, them throw her into it, and use the shovels that you’ll find there to put just enough earth over her body to hide it from view. The next morning the gravediggers will do the rest after the old woman’s funeral. What better place to hide a body then in a legal grave?”

“It’ll be a while before they find out she’s missing, and if we’re lucky they’ll think she fled the state to avoid testifying, but even if they do think she was kidnapped and murdered, they’ll never find her body. Without her evidence, the case will fall apart and my boss will go free.”

Inside the boot of the car, Willow forced herself not to panic.

They didn’t search me properly; I still have my utility belt on under my clothes. Without it there is no way I would have a chance of getting free. In the darkness she managed to reach her belt with her bound hands. Thank the goddesses that they did not tape my fingers together.

She pulled out a penknife, got the blade open and started sawing at her bonds. It took a while but she cut through her wrist bonds and then cutting her arm bonds and ankle bonds was easily done. She decided to leave her gag alone for now, as she knew it would sting when she got the tape from her lips.

She took out a torch from her belt and flashed it around.

If this car is a modern one, there should be a safety catch inside the boot, in case someone gets trapped inside either accidentally or by criminals. Ah, there it is. If the car is going too fast I could be badly hurt jumping from it, but I think they are professional killers and they’ll be driving at the speed limit to avoid possible police attention. It would not do for them to get caught for speeding with me in the boot. You have to do this, Willow, or you’re going to end up dead.

She waited until the car slowed slightly to turn a bend, turned off her torch and jumped out of the car boot, then fled into some nearby trees as the car stopped and reversed back. She crept away in the shadows as quietly as she dared as her kidnappers took out torches and their guns and leapt from the car.

“Damm it! How the hell did that happen?”

She grinned, only to step on a dry stick that cracked underfoot.

As they entered the forest looking for her she pulled out a small ball that glowed in the dark, one of the sillier things that she had with her, and hurled it as far as she good in the opposite direction, distracting them whilst she ran away. She heard the crack of a pistol and a bullet flew past her head and embedded itself in a tree.

Two can play that game. I don’t have a gun with me, but I think I can fool them into thinking I have one.

Pulling out a couple of balls with a thin layer of gunpowder on, she slammed them together hard. There was a spark and a loud crack that sounded like a gunshot and her kidnappers threw themselves to the ground.

“She’s got a gun! Turn off your torch or you’ll be a sitting duck.”

“I think we should give up the chase. I don’t fancy a gunfight in pitch darkness.”

“But if we let her get away, our boss will be furious with us. At the least we won’t get paid for our trouble, at worst it could be us that end up getting whacked instead of our target. You’re only as good as your last hit in this line of work.”

Whilst they argued Willow crept away from them and came out of the trees and down a small hill to where she could see a railway line and the lights of a small town.

If I can get across that line without being electrocuted, then I should be able to get my gag off, hide in the streets and alleys and either contact the local law enforcement or phone Tara. But what if those guys were cops? Don’t be stupid, if they were policemen then they would have shown you their badges and then at the right time, you would get a bullet in the head or a knife in the throat and you would never have seen it coming. They can’t be cops. It’s possible that they might have a loose link with the cops, but not with small town ones.

A train started coming, and behind her she saw the beams of the torches held by her kidnappers.

Damm it. I can wait for them, no way. They’ll either kill me on the spot or drag me somewhere to kill me in private or make me wish I were dead.

She raced in front of the train and heard the loud honk of the horn, wanting to clap her hands over her ears.

I’m going to be squashed, I’m going to be squashed, I’m… I’m safe. Eat hot train, you arseholes back there.

Pulling off her sticky tape gag despite the pain, she breathed in deeply and was soon deep within the town. She got out her phone.

“Tara…I have had a horrible experience…two men kidnapped me. They bound and gagged me, stuffed me in the back of their car, and were most likely going to kill me. I escaped from the two idiots but was nearly run over in the process. I’m in the nearby town of Reedville, so could you please come and get me, call the police, or both?”

Last edited by Taralover on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Cloaked Chapter 2/? (AU)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:46 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Part 3/?
Other things-Thank you so much to willowandtaraforever for being my beta and encouraging me to write. Without you I would be mired in writer's block

It was a frightening few minutes that Willow spent in the shadows waiting for Tara to turn up. When she did so Willow almost leapt into her car and planted a big warm kiss upon Tara’s lips. “Thank the Goddess that you came in time, I was beginning to think that they would catch me first.”

“I called the police so they’ll be waiting for us when we get home. How did you get away?”

By the time Willow had finished explaining to Tara what had happened to her, they had got home, where three police cars had pulled up outside the house. “So, tell us what happened so we can go after the perps.” Willow explained what had happened and then a man took her aside and showed her and Tara his US Marshal badge.

“I’m Marshal Rupert Giles and I want to talk to you in private if you don’t mind.”

Willow and Tara nodded.

“We know that the attempt on your life was connected to Warren Meers, but unless we catch the people and they agree to give evidence against him, we can’t prove it. Organized crime has many layers between the boss who gives the orders and the “soldiers” as they call themselves and their associates at the bottom. We think that in a few days or weeks there will be another attempt on your life. Or they might kidnap Tara or the Summers family to ensure your silence.”

“Tara I can understand, but why would they be after the Summers?”

“Because you and them are such good friends. Before they made the attempt on your life they would have followed you around for a bit to see who your closest friends were. We don’t have enough police to give you a permanent bodyguard, and if you and they stay where you are, you never know when they will strike. I think that you should go into hiding and so should they. Even if Mr Meers is convicted your life will still be in danger, so I think you should be renamed and relocated.”

Willow narrowed her eyes. “I like my name too much to want to change it. And surely there are alternatives to going into hiding? What if Tara and I went to stay with friends for a while? I’m sure they can’t have followed us everywhere?”

“That would work in the short term, but the danger from friends of Mr Meers is likely to be around for decades. Sooner or later your friends are going to ask you to leave, and hotels cost a lot of money. You can’t do your jobs here, as they will know where you are and where to ambush you, and without jobs you will exhaust your savings quickly and end up homeless, living on whatever scraps you can find.”

“How about moving back in with my parents?” Willow asked, and then shook her head. “We can’t do that, my parents are homophobic and so are Tara’s. They want nothing to do with us. But maybe we should put on bullet-proof vests and strap on guns and fight if attacked.”

“Given the criminal charges hanging over your head, getting a permit might be a problem. If you really want to carry guns I could swing it in your favour since you have not been convicted. But bullet-proof vests are heavy and cumbersome and you would get tired of wearing them. You would relax, get sloppy and the next thing you know, they’ve crept up behind you and put a bullet in your brain. And what if you shot someone dead just because they looked at you the wrong way? If you end up in prison they can kill you there too, unless you get put in protective custody with the worst of the worst of the female prison population. Think about it.”

“I’m a surgeon,” said Tara. “I want to heal people, not hurt them. And I don’t want to spend the rest of my life wondering if someone will murder you or me, I want to feel safe, and I don’t want to end up homeless. Willow, if it was just you that was in danger I’d say do what you think is right, but you need to think about me and Joyce and Dawn and Buffy. They’re in danger as well as long as we stay here.”

Willow sighed. “I’ll do it for you, Tara, but if it goes wrong I won’t stay in hiding. I wonder what Dawn will think when we tell her the news?”

Post subject: Re: Cloaked Chapter 3/? (AU)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:14 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Part 4/?
Other things-Thank you so much to willowandtaraforever for being my beta and encouraging me to write. Without you I would be mired in writer's block To the purists out there-witness protection is unlikwely to work like this in real life, but I want to create conflict within the story.

“What?” Dawn shrieked. “You are telling me that I have to go into hiding, because Willow first broke the law and then decided to play the heroine and testify? How are you so sure that they’ll come after me anyway?”

“Because when I and Tara are away, you’ll be the next one on their list for kidnapping and possible murder. Do you really want to die aged fifteen? Besides, you’re not legally an adult yet so you have to do what your mother says.”

“I’m really not sure what we should do,” Joyce said. “What you are asking me to do, Mr Giles, is to up sticks, leave the state, leave all my friends and family behind, and for me and my children to change their names, because of Willow. On the other hand, you say if I don’t, my children and I would be kidnapped and maybe even killed. If we do move, where are we going to go? What about my job?”

“Your house will be paid for in full and you will be paid an allowance for six months or until you find a new job, whatever comes first.”

“I like my currant job so I’m not relocating.”

“So I’ll have to tell the bank that Willow paid your debts with stolen money and you’ll be foreclosed on. Good luck with finding a new house or going back to live with your parents.”

Buffy and Joyce looked at each other.

“I have a boyfriend,” Buffy protested. “I love him. I can’t just walk out on him and vanish.”

“Do you love him enough and does he love you enough to live with each other long term, knowing that he might be put in danger as well as you?” Giles asked.

“Well…no, we’ve just had our second date, but given time it might work out.”

“Time is what you don’t have, for all you know they could be watching the house right now waiting for me to go.”

“We’ll do it,” said Joyce.

Mr Giles ushered Willow, Tara and the Summers family into a car with blacked out windows. “Where are you taking us?” Buffy asked.

“I’m taking you to a secret building where you will receive your new documents and passports and there we will tell you where we are sending you to.”

After a few hours they drove into an underground car park and Mr Giles let them out.

He said to them, “Willow Rosenberg, from now on your new name is Clarissa Howard. Tara Maclay, you will be Brigit Cooper. Joyce Summers, your name is Susan Somerset. Buffy, you are Cacey Somerset. Dawn, you are Amanda Somerset. Now, the rules. Do not in any way contact any of your old family or friends. Do not return to Sunnydale, think of it as a minefield, a danger area where you could get killed. Above all, the most important rule is do not tell anyone that you are in witness protection.”

“Not even a new boyfriend or girlfriend, it’s too dangerous. If you were later to break up with that person, they might lead killers to your door to get their revenge.”

Dawn started to cry. “I’m losing my name, my home, my friends...everything."

” Buffy hugged her tightly. “Amanda, it’s tough on all of us. I’m losing my boyfriend who will think I just dumped him and left. But if we don’t do it we could all end up murdered. Warren will do anything to prevent W…Clarissa giving evidence against him. We would not be doing this if there was another way out, I promise you. Mr Giles, where are you relocating us?”

Post subject: Re: Cloaked Chapter 4/? (AU)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:16 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:04 pm 
3. Flaming O

The plot thickens!
I kind of like the idea of their relocation. Even though it's sad for them..

And the Buffy boyfriend thing was hilarious. I chuckled. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:07 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

:party keep up the good work on this story thomas and thanks for the mention I'm glad to be able to help you with the story but we need some :wtkiss goodness soon[/quote]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:01 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Part 5/?
Other things-Thank you so much to willowandtaraforever for being my beta and encouraging me to write. Without you I would be mired in writer's block

“I’m going to send you to West Yellowstone, situated just outside Yellowstone National Park. They need a surgeon because of those who injure themselves each year, generally whilst doing something stupid. Brigit, that job will fit you well. And they need someone to fix their computers from time to time. Clarissa, that’s for you. Cacey, Amanda, you will be sent to a new school. Let’s go.”

He escorted them to the airport and flew with them to their new home.

Over the next few days Willow made many trips into the park, and began to secretly bath in a forbidden area where the boiling heat of a hot spring met the cold waters of a mountain spring. One evening she got out to find a ranger waiting for her with her hands on her hips. Willow blushed scarlet at being caught naked.

“My name is Faith,” said the ranger, “and what you did is illegal. Don’t tell me you didn’t know, it says so on this sign. Twenty people since this park was founded have boiled to death in hot springs; you could very easily have been the twenty-first. What is your name?”

“Clarissa Howard. I’m sorry…”

“The fine is two hundred dollars.”

“I don’t have that sort of money on me….”

“Then you’re under arrest. Unless…you let me kiss you.”

"But I have a girlfriend, her name is Brigit. I'm hers. I'm taken."

"Which is it to be, a smooch or days of jail time whilst you await your trial? The only reason why you are not under arrest right now is because I think you're sexy."

If I end up under arrest Giles will be angry, the park authorties might ban me from the park, and Tara won’t be happy. But I’m taken…I’ll let her and tell Tara everything. But what if she arrests me anyway? …I’ll have to take that chance.“I consider this to be gross sexual harassment, but I don’t see what choice I have.”

Willow gritted her teeth as Faith forced a big warm kiss upon her lips. I should throw her into the spring, but then I would be under arrest for sure.

After what seemed to Willow to be a long time Faith pulled away. “You’re a good kisser. Get dressed and go.” Willow did as she was told and walked home feeling disgusted. When Tara got home late that night she heard Willow crying.

“What’s wrong? Is it that you had to lose your name and your family and friends? That’s really hard on me too, but…”

“She forced me to, I didn’t want to, I told her that I was yours, but she made me kiss her…..”

“Who did such a thing?” Tara’s blue eyes blazed with anger.

Post subject: Re: Cloaked Chapter 5/? (AU)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:57 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness.... I hope Tara is able to defuse the Faith situation without a public sexual harrassment trial...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:45 pm 
3. Flaming O

haha oh man, Faith is such a skank. And a bully!
I think you should have said something about how Willow kind of liked it.
O.O Just to make it interesting.
ALTHOUGH that would probably pop this fic right off the KB. So maybe not.

I'm glad you got over your writer's block. You never replied to that message... How'd you do it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:30 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Part 6/?

“A Yellowstone Park ranger named Faith. But I don’t want to get the law involved, as it would annoy the park authorities, as I was partly in the wrong and got myself in that stupid situation in the first place, and as we might even have to move again as a result.”

Tara leaned in and kissed Willow softly on the lips and Willow deepened the kiss and Tara began to undress her. “I forgive you, Clarissa.”

“Can’t we use our old names in private?” Willow asked, as Tara pulled her top over her head, trapping her arms, and then undid her bra and stroked her nipples gently.

“No,” said Tara, “I want you to get used to your new name.” She bent her head and licked Willow’s nipples, swirling her tongue around and around them until they were erect, and then took Willow’s top off, undid her trousers and panties and led her naked to bed. She kissed Willow’s forehead, her eyelids, her cheeks, before nibbling on Willow’s earlobes and kissing behind her ears.

Willow sighed happily as Tara kissed and licked slowly down her body, kissing and licking her nipples and breasts, swirling her tongue around her bellybutton and licking slowly up and down Willow’s inner thighs.

“Tara…no, Brigit…don’t stop….you make me complete…”

Tara gently ran a finger over Willow’s clit and then inserted it gently into Willow, lightly thumping away with it on Willow’s G-spot until Willow orgasmed.

Which was when Willow suddenly floated three feet in the air.

Buffy asked Dawn “Would you like to get your own name back, Dawn? Would you like to come with me as I search for my boyfriend, or would you prefer to hide out here, Amanda?”

“I hate my new life here, I want to be back with my friends living my old life.”

“Well, let’s get it back then, we’ll sneak away, stow away on the evening freight train with some food and water and within two days we’ll be back in Sunnydale. I secretly pocketed the house keys when we left. Then I can make contact with my boyfriend again.”

“But what about school?”

“Do you like school?”

“No.”

“Well then, what are you waiting for? Let’s go, Dawnie.”

They got their backpacks, filled them with what they considered were important, and before Willow and Tara knew they were gone they had stowed away in an empty baggage car on a train heading for Sunnydale.
"Sunnydale here we come," said Buffy. "I left a note behind saying we were going to explore the Lower Geyser Basin to throw Willow and Tara off the scent."

Post subject: Re: Cloaked Chapter 6/? (AU)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:37 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... Buffy sure is dumb... she learns the hard way that the rules are for their protection...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:29 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hahha..
aw Buffy, idiot Buffy...

And yeah, that was pretty fine girl-on-girl. Fast though =P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:46 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Yellowstone has certainly changed in the twenty years since I was there. If Faith had been a park ranger at Yellowstone when I was there, I would have jumped naked into the hot springs if only so she could revive me with the kiss of life.
I stayed in West Yellowstone when I was on vacation there that year and would have then insisted on being treated and hopefully detained by Doctor Tara. She could put me under and remove something non-vital since she had already stolen my heart.
Willow and Tara are playing the role of old man Withers in this story as I'm waiting for them to say the line "And we would have gotten away with the relocation program if it hadn't been for those meddlin' kids."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:07 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Part 7/?
Other things-Thank you so much to willowandtaraforever for being my beta and encouraging me to write. Without you I would be mired in writer's block. Sorry if this fic chapter is a bit short, and thank you for the feedback to those who left it.

“That was wonderful,” said Willow when she had gathered her thoughts again.

“You floated in the air,” said Tara. I’ve never seen you do that before. I think that spring that you swam in must have been magical.”

“I’ve always wanted magical powers,” said Willow as she got up and started to dress. “I wonder where Amanda and Cacey are? I haven’t seen them for a while.” Once they had dressed, they went downstairs and found the note. When it was sunset and the girls had not returned Willow telephoned the ranger station. “Faith, I’m sorry to bother you but my friends went to the Lower Geyser Basin several hours ago and have not returned.”

“If they’re anything like you, I’m not surprised,” said Faith acidly. “They’re probably cooking away at the bottom of a hot spring or the Mud Volcano by now. In a few minutes I and three of my fellow rangers will start searching the Lower Geyser Basin bit by bit until they are found.”

The journey back to Sunnydale was long and Dawn and Buffy had to relieve themselves in the corner of the freight carriage, but they had books, I-pods, a small amount of bedding and plenty to talk about. When they pulled into Sunnydale’s train station Buffy said, “We’ll go to my boyfriend Xander, he’ll be happy to see me again. I’ve only been gone for a couple of weeks, after all.”

Buffy led Dawn to Xander’s door and knocked on it.

“Well, well, you’re back, with your sister in tow. We had a couple of dates and then you vanished off the face of the earth. You could at least have told me that I was not your type.”

“You are not going to believe this, I and Dawn here and Willow and Tara were forced into witness protection, and our names were changed and they relocated us to just outside Yellowstone Park, which is a beautiful place, by the way. And I’ve missed you so much. You are my chosen one, the one who can protect me from those who would do me harm.”

Xander looked them up and down. “You, yes, Dawn, no. I don’t live in a mansion, you know, and your sister is a total stranger.”

“But I’ve risked my life and my sister’s life and travelled for days in a freight car just to reach you.”

“Come back when you’re by yourself.” And he slammed the door on them.

Buffy rolled her eyes in disgust. “Men! To think I risked both my life and yours to meet him, and that is how he behaves.”

“What are we going to do now?” Dawn asked.

“We’ll go to our old home and squat in it. At least you won’t have to go to school or do any more homework.”

They walked down to their old house where Buffy found that her key to get in would not work, and that all the windows were shut and bolted.

“What are we going to do now? Where am I going to go?”

“Don’t panic Dawn,” said Buffy, picking up a large stone from the garden. “We’ll have to break in, I’m afraid. As far as I am concerned the house is still ours, so I’m not doing anything wrong. We’ll have to tape cardboard to the window afterwards, and I wish that there was a better way to get in.”

As she was about to throw the stone, a hand gripped her wrist and she turned around and started at the two gunmen who stood behind her.

“We didn’t think you would be so stupid as to ever turn up here again,” said one, “but our boss made us stay here on watch for weeks waiting for you. Now that you have delivered yourselves to us, you have two choices; you are either going to take us directly to Willow and Tara, or you are going to be put into a world of pain.”

Post subject: Re: Cloaked Chapter 7/? (AU)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:15 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... Stupid stupid Buffy... Xander really is a bit of a jerk here...

Post subject: Re: Cloaked Chapter 7/? (AU)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:08 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Part 8/?
Other things-Thank you so much to willowandtaraforever for being my beta and encouraging me to write. Without you I would be mired in writer's block. Sorry if this fic chapter is a bit short, and thank you for the feedback,Zampa1975.

"I'll tell you what you want to know," said Dawn angrily. "I'll even point them out for you as long as you don't kill me. Going into hiding has ruined my life and Buffy's as well. But if you want me to point them out, you can't kill either of us. If I was stupid enough just to tell you where they were, you would murder me and Buffy."

"Dawn...you can't..."

"Buffy, I can. If I don't tell them they will torture it out of you and me." She turned to her captors. "If you kill us, Willow and Tara will most certainly testify against your boss. If you are caught for murder, they'll send you to death row, but even if you escape, your boss won't. If you keep us as hostages, Willow and Tara will be forced to keep quiet. Which is why you are after us in the first place."

They looked at each other. "You know, you're right. Put your hands behind your back. If you struggle, remember we have guns." Buffy and Dawn looked at each other and did what they were told, and heard padded handcuffs click around their wrists.

"Open up."

One of their captors had produced a pair of nerf balls.

"We don't need those," said the other one. "It's not a long walk to the car. Now if we had to walk them all the way through the town in public view, we would."

"But it's not the same without gagging them," said the first captor.

"You have some really serious issues," said the other captor. "No wonder you don't have a girlfriend. Go and get the van, and you can do the driving whilst I stay in the back with our captives."

"Why do I have to do the boring stuff?"

"Because I don't want you molesting the captives. We do have certain standards, you know. Get the van now before someone turns up and sees us."

Grumbling under his breath, "Mr Molester" as Buffy secretly thought of him, went off and got the van, and both girls were ushered inside at gunpoint. "I'm sorry about my friend. He never got over his divorce. I'll make sure he behaves himself. But I am willing to hurt you, badly, if you try and escape. Or maybe I'll let him have his way with you. Don't think I'm weak just because I won't let him force himself on you. Tell me Willow and Tara's new phone number. That way we can keep you two as hostages to ensure Willow and Tara's silence at the trial. It's better then travelling who knows where to commit murder. We get what we want, and you all get to stay alive. Everybody wins."

"The number is 001-428-7553." Dawn said as Buffy glared at her.

How could Dawn do such a thing, giving in so easily? And it's all my fault for coming back here and bringing her with me.

Post subject: Re: Cloaked Chapter 8/? (AU)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:45 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... I hope Buffy and Dawn get out of the mess relatively intact...