The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Healing Willow (Chapter Three up)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:46 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Title: Healing Willow
Author: Thomas (Taralover being my board handle)
Rating: PG 13 for now.
Disclaimers: I make no money out of this fanfic, I'm just writing it for fun.
Pairing: Willow/Tara (of course)
Summary: What if Glory came across Willow instead of Tara, and decided to strip her of her magic rather then destroying her brain?
Feedback: Yes please, I love feedback and it's the reason why I write fanfiction.
Other things-Thank you so much to willowandtaraforever for being my beta and encouraging me to write.

Chapter One-Drained

Willow Rosenberg quietly walked between the rows of tombstones within Sunnydale’s largest cemetery, a short sharp stake in one hand, and an amethyst tipped wand in the other. Whilst she could cast magic easily without the wand, it made her feel better knowing that she had it with her.

Sometimes I do wonder why I continue to do this unpaid and potentially deadly chore, risking my life without a reward. I could be inside of Tara’s arms, feeling her warm lips upon mine, not risking death or worse, becoming undead. You know, if they cremated the dead in Sunnydale the vampire population would be much reduced, I remember Giles telling me that was the reason why there were so few vampires in England, because…

She stopped when she heard the soft sobbing of a child.

What on earth is a child doing here in the middle of the night? Surely all responsible parents in this town keep their children inside after dark? Especially here. What if it’s a trap, what if the moaning is that of a child vampire or something even nastier?

She tightened her grip on her stake and wand.

I have to identify who it is, I can’t risk leaving a helpless child to become a living snack, or even worse, a child vampire that might bite and infect other children.

She followed the moaning until she saw its source, with his or her head facing away from her.

“Don’t cry, you’re all right now, don’t worry. What’s your name? Where are your parents?”

The sobbing stopped to be replaced by silence and suddenly four vampires leapt up from behind the graves and leapt at her, vamping out as they did so. She spoke a magical trigger word, shut her eyes tightly and her wand flashed with the light of day for a couple of seconds, turning three of her attackers into small piles of ash.

The fourth, slightly further behind then the other three, was unaffected by the spell and crashed into her, pushing her off her feet, only to slam itself into the stake which pierced it’s undead heart. She just had time to recognize it as a friend she once had known in third grade before it exploded into ashes. Wiping them from her, she got up and leapt back as the child revealed itself to be some sort of goblin thing. She raised her wand again, when a golden-haired young woman stepped out from behind a marble tomb. “I wouldn’t murder my minion if I were you. They’re far too hard to replace for a start.”

Willow stared at her. She didn’t look like a vampire or other form of undead, but she certainly didn’t look friendly as she glared back.

“It’s rude to stare. My name is Glory, and I’ve been hearing rumors about you and your kind, that you like to play the hero and slay the undead. I’m looking for a magical Key, and maybe you can help me. If you do I will make it worth your while, but if not…”

Willow had heard enough and spoke the words to send a fireball across the gap. It hit it’s target, scorching her clothes but doing no damage to her skin. Glory closed the distance between them in seconds, smashing her fist into Willow’s forehead and throwing her to the ground. She grabbed Willow, yanked her upright and clamped a hand to her forehead. “I am so tempted to lower your intellect to one that makes the President seem clever, but I want you to deliver a message to your friends to leave me be or else. As you cast spells against me, I will drain your powers into myself. Be thankful that I let you off lightly.”

Willow screamed as she felt Glory’s grip tighten in her hair, and Glory’s hand glowed softly as she began to drain all of Willow’s magic from her.
Glory held back from shredding Willow's mind.

If I leave her as a drooling idiot, I'll never get my message delivered to the Slayer. Glory thought.

Last edited by Taralover on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Healing Willow (Chapter One)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:00 pm 
3. Flaming O

Yeeefy. Little does Glory know, she's actually doing the whole world a really big favor.

Yay for mega-Willow! But she's going to be devastated-- she's already started depending on magic, moving away from the Tara part and into the dark part.

How will the rest of this pan out, then? Tara was the one who revealed Dawn's identity-- when Glory was about to go all crazy-goddess on all of them. Will that scene happen, minus the revelation?

This is great. Great idea, can't wait to find out where you go with it. And you've got a nice flow going on too, which I enjoy :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:57 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

hi there...

I like the idea...keep updating pleasee...
do I have to thank to Glory...uhmm on the second thought maybe not yet just in case willow could not deal with the magic-stripped Glory had done

update..updateeee
:pinky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:56 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

hmm well i must say, its really good but ermm did i read wrong or anything but @_@ why does Will have a wand? i mean...is not bad but o.o why is she using one to do magic -rubs eyes- or maybe i read wrong? oh well. I really want to know what happen next :peace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:56 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

synthwrr I'm not sure how the rest of this will pan out.Maybe Glory really has done a favour for the world.

arsyadriani Here is a new update. Poor Willow.

Raineh
She had a wand just to improve her morale when out killing vampires.

Part 2/?
Summary: What if Glory came across Willow instead of Tara, and decided to strip her of her magic rather then destroying her brain?
Feedback: Yes please, I love feedback and it's the reason why I write fanfiction.
Other things-Thank you so much to willowandtaraforever for being my beta and encouraging me to write.

Chapter Two-Nothing Now

Glory slammed Willow up against a large tomb. “Assuming you don’t become food for the vampires, I want you to tell your friends to stay away from me unless they know where my Key is and want to tell me.” She threw Willow to the ground and watched as she picked herself up, without her wand or her stake, and slowly stumbled out of the cemetery.

Willow ran as fast as she could back to her house and felt in her pockets for the key.

You can’t stick around here; it’s a death trap. Once you are inside and safe from the vamps you can find out just what Glory has done to you.

She let herself in, slammed the door and chanted the words of a cantrip, a mini spell that lit a candle if one was within a few feet of the spell caster. Nothing happened. She tried another small spell, not wanting to risk a large one that could damage the inside of the house. Nothing. Not a single cantrip. Not so much as a tiny green ball of light or a levitating pencil.

When she found that even with the aid of a wand and a spellbook magic was denied to her, Willow started to cry.

Tara arrived home and heard sobbing inside. She threw open the door and ran into Willow’s arms. “Willow? What’s wrong? Has Buffy been killed?”

“My….my magic….gone, gone, all gone. I ran into…someone, something called Glory…she was more powerful then I…she grabbed my head and drained all my magic into herself, I’m useless to you now…I expect you’ll dump me…You’re a powerful witch…and I…I am nothing now.”

Tara kissed Willow softly on the forehead and gazed into her tear stained green eyes. “Willow, it’s not the magic that makes me love you. I would love you if there were no such thing as magic in this world. Even if you never regain your magical ability for the rest of your life, I will still love you. If anything, your magic use was starting to cause problems between us. Mr Giles and I will find out who this Glory is and then do our best to teach you magic again, and in a few weeks or months things will be back to normal again. I love you, honey, and that’s never going to change.”

“R…r…really?” Willow was stammering now.

“I love you for who you are, for your personality, and I don’t care if you are never able to cast a spell again. I am still yours.” She cuddled Willow and held her close until Willow ceased to cry and shudder in her arms. “Tomorrow we will see Mr Giles and get this curse removed from you, but we should go to bed now as it’s very late.”
Willow nodded and she and Tara went up to bed, hand in hand.

Last edited by Taralover on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Healing Willow (Chapter Two up)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:30 pm 
3. Flaming O

"Rupert"?
Hehe. Tara never calls him *anything* but "Mr. Giles." Not even "Giles." Ever.

Tara's a sweetie, but we already knew that. This must be devastating for Willow :/

And thanks for reading my fic :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:17 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Edited to make it sound better. Thank you synthwrr for letting me know.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:39 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Part 3/?

The next day Tara phoned Rupert Giles. “Last night Willow was out slaying vampires and she came across someone, or something, called Glory, who drained her of all her magic and left us with a message to stay away from her or else. Glory also said that she was looking for a Key of some kind.”

“I’ll look into it for you and I will come to you as soon as I can.”

Tara turned to Willow who was sitting morosely on the couch, the normal sparkle gone from her green eyes. “Mr Giles will be here soon, and once we know what that thing is, we have a good chance of defeating it and giving you back your magic. Meanwhile I want us to try and cast a spell together, a tiny one, a little point of light.”

Willow shrugged her shoulders and sighed. “I’ve tried five times already and nothing has happened. Tara took Willow’s hands and willed a small amount of her magic to enter Willow. I know such a thing is not recommended and might end up weakening my own ability to do magic, but if it gives Willow back her self-confidence, it’s worth it. I hate seeing her so sad. There was a soft glow in Willow’s hands for a few seconds as Tara transferred a tiny part of her own magical ability to Willow.

Willow spoke the words of the spell and a tiny green ball of werelight winked into life. She grinned and forgot her sadness as she sent the light careering around the room with flicks of her finger.

I can do it, I’m a witch again, and this is just the start of my magical comeback.

Tara looked on, happy to see Willow smile again. There was a knock on the door and Tara opened it. “Mr Giles, I didn’t think that you would be here so soon.”

His face was grave as she looked at them. “Willow was in a lot more danger then she knew and was lucky to escape last night with her life and her soul intact. From what I’ve managed to find out the Glory that she met was Glorificus, something more then a demon. A Hellgoddess from another dimension, excessively powerful. Powerful enough if she had met Buffy to pick her up and hurl her into a wall, that is the kind of physical power we are talking about. But that’s not the worst thing about her.”

“She has the power to empty a human’s mind, leaving them with the mental capabilities of a six month old baby. Willow is unbelievably lucky that she was not drained that night and left as food for any passing vampires.”

“What is she doing in this dimension?” Willow asked.

“There was a coup against her and she ended up here until she finds the Key to get back home.”

“Well, maybe we could help her find her key?” Willow asked. “She gets to go home, we are rid of her, and both of us will be happy.”

Giles shook his head. “No. It would at best endanger the world, and at worst destroy it. Our dimension and hers our so different that ours if exposed to it would start crumbling into dust. We have to find a way to deal with Glory. Willow, please don’t shine that werelight in my eyes, it’s very annoying.”

Post subject: Re: Healing Willow (Chapter Three up)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:42 am 
3. Flaming O

Hehhe that last part was funny :)

The plot thickens! Although we all knew that about Glory, but I guess the Scoobies didn't? Which means that Buffy hasn't had the encounter with Glory, which means she didn't rescue the monk, which means that they don't know who the key is yet?

See, at first I thought this was AU from Tough Love, the episode Tara gets mindsucked. But if Giles has to explain Glory's power in such words, it must be much earlier.. Is it?

Although I'm actually just a Buffy fanatic is all, it's probably not important.

Also, one thing I can't help but mention:
A Hellgoddess from another dimension, excessively powerful.
By "excessively," I assume you mean "exceedingly?" "Excessively" means "too," while "exceedingly" means "very."

love the story. updayte :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:22 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

synthwrr wrote:
By "excessively," I assume you mean "exceedingly?" "Excessively" means "too," while "exceedingly" means "very."

actually, not meaning to be an arse but we must strive to use words properly otherwise why have them, 'excessively' means: exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit. Excessive describes a quantity, amount, or degree that is more than what is justifiable, tolerable, or desirable. So I think this word is more than adequate here: Glory's power is excessive.

Taralover, great idea and a great story, very visual. One small critisism, if you don't mind, is that your dialogue is slightly wooden. It doesn't effect the story or anything, I used to have terrible trouble with dialogue when I started writing, and the key is to write a piece of dialogue as though you were saying the line (if you actually say it out loud as you normally would then write it down as you said it it's much easier) and then try and put a bit of the character into the line and bingo, you have engaging dialogue scenes.

All in all this is a very good story and I really like the idea and shall be keeping an eye on it

Keep it up!

Last edited by Lecter on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:26 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

This one is funny and a bit better than cloaked Thomas.