The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First fic: "What do you want to do?"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:27 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hello kittens!
I have been reading fics on this forum for quite some times now, and I just thought that I should post mine.

So here it is!
It's my first fic so if you have any suggestions, or ideas or anything that could help me please let me know.
Also, not that I try to make excuses for myself but english is not my first language so you will probably find a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes so sorry about that.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"Ok this is stupid!"
"Why?"
"Come on, it's Sunday, it's sunny, don't laugh, and we have to do something! We can't just stay here, it's..."
"It's?"
"I don't know, boring or something...So..."
"So what?"
"What do you want to do?"

It was early afternoon in Sunnydale and Tara had been trying to find an occupation for about half an hour and she was starting to loose patience seeing how Willow wasn't willing to help at all.

Willow looked at her girlfriend playfully "Well I might have an idea but I'm not sure you will go along with it."

"Try me" the blonde answered, not noticing the look on Willow's face and hoping that this would lead somewhere.

"Don't tease..." the redhead continued, standing up and walking slowly toward the other girl.

"Very funny sweety, but stop it right now! We don't have time, we have to be at Buffy's at 4." Tara said, realising where this might take them.
"What do you have in mind? And not on the naughty side of your mind!" she added smiling.

Willow stopped and put her resign face on, "See I told you, you wouldn't be up for it! And just so you know two hour is enough! I mean it can be enough...You know I can manage with less time than that...Anyway forget it!"

"You know this little game is getting old pretty quickly, so now:
What. Do. You. Want. To. Do?" The blonde asked again, a little bit disappointed that her girlfriend hadn't tried to be more persistent. 'I would have say yes eventually, I mean I have never been able to say no before, not that I ever wanted to anyway...'

But Willow wasn't one to give up that easily, especially not on what she had plan to do with Tara for at least two hours, they could be a little late at Buffy's.
She started to walk toward her girlfriend again. She sat on Tara's lap and when she was just inches away from Tara's hears she whispered
"The only one I want to do right now is you."

Tara closed her eyes and smiled with anticipation.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

6 month earlier

"Ok let's said you are friend with someone and you like this someone and you know it works both way but you're not sure if this someone like likes you or just you know likes you."

"Will stop right now! I'm not playing along until you tell me who is this someone that you like or like like or whatever."

Xander and Willow were chatting at the Bronze for about an hour and Willow was trying, very subtly, to get some advices or tips or whatever could help her, out of him.

"Xander what are you talking about? I told you it's for my sociology class, we have a paper on relationship and interaction between people and..."

"Yeah right! Willow listen I'm sorry to tell you that but even if you have plenty, plenty of qualities, lying is absolutely not one of them. I mean you are as bad at lying than I am at history! Yeah that's how bad you are so spill it already! Who is it?"

Willow was starting to blush. She knew she had to find something that would get her out of this quickly.
"Ok, ok... You win. but you have to promise me that you will keep that for yourself. I'm serious, you can't even tell Anya."

'Think Rosenberg, think!'

"I swear I won't tell anyone. So now speak!"

'Faster! Find something!'

"And you know you're not that bad at history..."

'Come on you're supposed to be smart!'

"Will!"

"Yeah, ok.Hum well actually it's not me who like someone. It's...Someone that I know who likes Buffy!"

'Ok what the hell?!! What are you gonna say now!'

"What is it with me?"
Buffy just arrived behind Willow, and as the redhead started to slap herself mentally for not checking if the slayer was around she realised that her friend didn't hear the whole conversation.
"It's you that... Beat up the big ugly scary vamp yesterday night!" Willow lied "Xander thought it was me. Like I could face some huge monster like that and you know not run away! I mean, Xander seriously?!!"

'Ok ENOUGH! Stop talking now!' Willow screamed at herself.

"Oh yeah that was me! But you know Xand, it's kind of my job, fighting evil, killing vampire and everything."

Xander was pretty amazed at how oblivious the slayer could be sometimes, Willow was really a bad liar and she didn't notice anything.
"Hum yeah right... Your job, sure."

"So what are you guys talking about? And more to the point have you seen Riley? He was supposed to meet me here but I haven't seen him yet."

Willow started blushing again, "Oh we were just talking about life and stuff and you know life stuff and..."

"Nope Buffy, haven't seen Riley yet." Xander interrupted.

"Ok, I guess he is on his way. Will is Tara coming tonight?"

"What? No! Yeah! I mean..." Willow brain was going crazy again 'what am I doing, Buffy asked a simple question!
Breath and answer with SIMPLE words that mean something!'

"Hum I mean I don't think so, I asked her but she had a paper to finish."
'Pfff well done Rosenberg at least you still know how to make a simple sentence.'

"Oh ok, so I guess it's just the three of us tonight then."

"Yeah us three, plus Anya!" Xander said happily.

"Oh Anya is coming youhou!"

"Come on Will, she is my girlfriend and you are my best friend so would you please make an effort. Please!"

"Yeah, yeah sure. But..." Willow didn't get a chance to finish her sentence, Buffy almost knocked her over while she jumped in Riley's arms.

Half an hour later Willow was on her way back to her dorm. She couldn't help but think that she shouldn't be back home at 10:30 on a friday night but she didn't really feel at ease between Buffy and Riley and Xander and Anya.
'I could still do something' she thought to herself 'like going to the library or finish that essay I have to do for next week...' she shook her head 'come on library! Homework! It's friday night I should have something else to do! But speaking of essay I could maybe just go and check to see if she is done with hers and we could do something together.' Willow smiled at the idea of seeing Tara 'but she isn't expecting me, maybe she is still working, or sleeping, or maybe she lied and she just didn't want to see me or maybe...' Willow shut her brain off. It was too late, now that she had thought about seeing Tara she just had to. She couldn't help it. She stopped in front of the Expresso Pump and smiled thinking 'that would be the perfect excuse.'

Less than fifteen minutes later the redhead was in front of Tara's door with four different cups of coffee in her hands, wainting nervously. Her perfect excuse didn't seem that perfect anymore...
'There is no reason to be nervous! No reason at all! Beside the fact that you think you might have a small crush on her...
Small crush yeah right! Like you don't know that you are totally falling for your friend. Very beautiful, gorgeous friend that is now right in front of you!!!'

"Willow?" Tara was surprise. 'Good surprise! God she looks so cute when she is lost in her thoughts.'

"Oh, hum...Yeah hi Tara." Willow could feel her cheeks turning bright red.

"Is everything ok?" The blonde asked a little worried.

"Yeah, yeah everything is fine." 'beside my very very inappropriate thoughts about you and me and...Oh get a grip! And now would be a good time!!!' Willow shook her head again, trying to get rid of the stupid grin that wouldn't leave her face. 'Focus Rosenberg, simple sentence, FOCUS!'
"I was at the Expresso Pump and I just thought that you were supposed to be working, not that you're not, I mean I knew that you were working, and it's getting a little late and I thought that you might like a cup of coffee, it helps stay sharp and focus and I know that you like coffe, and again not that you're not sharp or focus or both... And you think I'm insane don't you?"
'Way to go with a simple sentence... At least she is smiling, I wonder if she knows how beautiful she looks when she is smiling.'

The blonde girl was giggling and opened the door to let the redhead in.
"No I don't think you're insane, just very sweet and I told you before your babble is very cute. Now come on in."

Willow was doing the snoopy dance, or at least her version of it, in her head. 'She thinks I'm sweet, she thinks I'm sweet! No she thinks I'm VERY sweet AND cute youhou!!!'

"Willow, not that I mind you being here at all, but weren't you supposed to go out tonight?"

"Hum yeah. I was actually, with Buffy and Riley and Xander and Anya." She answered simply.

"Oh I see. Sorry I couldn't make it, I would have kept you company."

"Oh no that's fine. Don't worry. And now I am the one keeping you company!." Willow stated with a smile. A smile that faded quickly.
"Unless you don't want company. Oh my god I'm totally disturbing you aren't I. I mean you were working and you told me that you couldn't make it and still I come here like you don't have anything better to do than hanging out with me. I'm sorry, I'd better let you finish your paper. Here you have the coffee so you can get through the night, but I said that before with the sharp and focus."
As she stood up Tara moved in front of her and put her hands on the redhead' shoulders. Willow looked up and was drawn into an ocean of blue. She couldn't help but notice the smile that was playing on Tara's lips 'Oh my... Thoose lips...' Her brain was melting.

"Willow first of all breath! I know that you don't need to do it as often as regular people when they speak but that was a really long sentence sweetie even for you." 'Sweetie?!!'
"You're not disturbing me at all, quite the opposite actually. It's friday night so I think that my paper can wait. I would love to hang out with you tonight and I don't see what could be better than that, ever." The blonde was still smiling. 'That was a long sentence for me too! Hope I didn't scare her, no don't think so, I mean the way she looked at me before...She seems lost in her thoughts again... God she is so cute!'

The redhead was amazed, 'she just said...Did she just said what I heard? yeah I think she did! Oh boy...And she called me sweetie! SWEETIE!!! Does that mean something? Yeah it does doesn't it? I mean if I was the one saying this things it would mean something and...She is expecting me to say something isn't she? Of course she is! You doofus!!!
Ok Rosenberg, the girl you like just said really nice things to you so now your turn! Be a Men or er... a Women!
Remember, simple words that will make sense once you put them together.'

"Thanks" Willow said smiling.
'Thanks! THANKS!!! Seriously?!! At this point a sentence would have been a good idea!'

"You're welcome!" Tara said happily, sitting on her bed next to Willow.
"So what do you want to do?" the blonde asked still smiling.

To be continued well only if it's woth it...
So what do you think?

Post subject: Re: First fic: "What do you want to do?"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:34 am 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
Cute :D I bet there are lotsa aww's coming up :D

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:52 pm 
3. Flaming O

heyyy... that's pretty awesomely good :) very sweet, babbly- Willow. Hahha. You've got their dynamic down pretty darn good... though I never thought Willow would be quite so cute and nervous, with Tara very composed. But that totally does make sense, and I can see it now... and I definitely do want to know what happens to get Willow out there, you know? Will she just declare it, or wait for Tara to make a move?

If you can, you should rewatch that scene in... I think it's "Who Are You?" Either that, or maybe the episode before. The scene that ends with Tara saying, "I am, you know... yours." Very illuminating about their relationship.

As for the grammar and such, I'd just recommend using a few more commas, wherever it seems like there's a pause; you'll get the hang of it after a while. If you want, I could look over the next part of this story and help with that. My email's synthwrr@hotmail.com, you can send it over if you want :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:30 am 
19. Yummy Face

Good beginning... Liked the babbly Willow...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:55 am 
2. Floating Rose

I like it. :) I think it's worth it to continue. ;-)