The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Traveller's Tale - updated 2/27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:22 am 
28. Com...plete

Thank you all for your patience and good wishes...my mum came home yesterday...turns out she has CHF...well, at least she made it through surgery...I am being forced into the role of Nurse Ratched so I don't think I'll have time to write until she is a bit more recovered...too distracted and all...but I am trying to think about hot sweaty Tara as much as possible...this isn't going to be a long story...maybe 2 or 3 more chapters...5 tops so when I do get back to it you won't have to suffer the long slow process like you have with AWIU...I promise, I really will finish it one of these days...I hate when a good story never gets finished...ditto for STS although that will take longer because it's a much more challenging plot from a writing POV...anyway, thanks again for your good wishes etc...Kittens are the best :kgeek

Sandi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:01 pm 
28. Com...plete

Thought I'd let you all know that I just finished a rough draft of chapter 4...a very rough one...so it'll take a rewrite or two...but at least it's in the works, right? And Willow and the yummy blacksmith actually speak to one another in this one :wtkiss :kgeek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:59 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Firstly, besh wishes :pray

And secondly, hot blacksmith Tara!!! That was a complete surprise (although I'm surprised I never thought of it myself, what with Charsi being all hot blacksmith woman in Diablo II, and hitting on the Amazon in the dialogue clips), and... hot blacksmith Tara :blush Oh yes. You're not possibly tempted to up the rating from PG to something, y'know, hotter and sweatier? ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:30 am 
28. Com...plete

I've been wanting to update...but my hands are really bad right now...can't even hold a cup let alone a pen...if it makes you feel any better there are people waiting for painted things who are getting no results cuz I can't hold a brush either :happy

Post subject: Re: The Traveller's Tale
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:46 pm 
28. Com...plete

OK...just thought you might like to know that I just finished Chapter 4...I doubt I'll post it until tomorrow...since the Sox and Yanks are only in the 5th and it's already quarter to ten...gonna be a long game...they keep tying it up...

Anyway, unless there's a miracle I will most likely post the update tomorrow...it's a final draft so I'm not just teasing, I promise...I think you'll like it, they talk to each other and everything ;-)

Sandi :kgeek

Post subject: Re: The Traveller's Tale -update
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:00 pm 
28. Com...plete

Title: The Traveller's Tale (it has been pointed out to me that traveler is misspelled...but Travellers are Irish gypsys)
Author: Sandi/umgaynow
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: I own nothing...especially not these two lovely ladies...regardless of the time period...they belong to Joss Whedon, no matter how poorly he might treat them
Summary: Willow and Tara in a time and place long ago...and very different be they both, my fine Kittens...aye
Chapter 4: They meet!
Feedback: I'm trying to seem a little less like a giant feedback whore...is it working? Naaaa you know I want it!

The Traveller's Tale: Chapter 4

Willow stood at the edge of the road, just as still as if she'd been stuck up to her knees in the fens, with her mind running more swiftly than the Baron's best stallion.

O' such a quandary...do I dare to cross and speak to that wondrous creature? Yes...creature...for surely he is no mere man...perhaps a God fallen to earth...I'm quite certain that no mortal man could make me feel like this...how will I even speak to him? I shall doubtless be struck mute by his radiance...quite possibly swooning and falling into the forge...finding my soulmate at last, only to suffer a horrific, fiery death...or at least be scarred for life...he'd never want me then...what then am I to do? Hmmmm...I suppose I could go home without the horseshoes...of course that would bring down Pa's wrath with a vengeance...along with he buggy whip...again with the pain and scarring...then again, I could just continue to stand here looking like a simpleton...which is highly unlikely to lead to any sort of satisfactory solution...it will get dark eventually, after all...then there's the problem of wolves...

The redhead's decision making process was greatly facilitated by the sudden thunder of a team and carriage bearing down on her at no small speed. Having never much fancied the idea of being trampled to death, her internal debate was settled in an instant.

"Oh my...here goes," she sighed resignedly, then made a mad dash for the other side.

Her next conscious image was the rear of the carriage growing ever smaller in the distance, even as Cordelia's cry of lousy peasant still echoed in her ears. Shaking her head to clear it, she turned toward the smithy's stall, her heart pounding like his hammer on the anvil and all of her body atremble to be standing scarcely a pace or two from the most dazzling being she had ever set eyes upon.

Willow's awareness was so intensely focused on her newfound heart's desire, that the fact of Giles' presence escaped her entirely. That is until a flail lashed out from the shadows to the right of her, striking the back of the tooled leather vest with a resounding thwack.

"Mac! Wake up, ya bloody halfwit! We have a customer!" Giles snapped.

The boy hardly flinched. It seemed he was well practiced at bearing the sting of a whip, still the redhead could see that his hands were plainly shaking.

"That poor thing...leave him alone you big bully!" she fumed silently, glaring at Giles.

"I said...put down that bleedin' toy now and see what the girl wants or I'll send ya to the idiot house where ya belong!"

"Y-yes S-s-sir...I'm s-s-sorry, G-giles sir," the boy mumbled, lowering his gaze submissively as he set the work aside, but Willow could hear him grumbling under his breath, "It ain't a t-toy, it's a t-telescope..."

"H-how may I h-help you, m-m'lady?" the boy queried softly, but his new admirer heard not a syllable, occupied as she was with her first glimpse of his face.

Bollocks! He's hardly more than a child! Not so much as a whisper of a beard...oh yes...it's set in stone now...I am going straight to hell...the things I've been thinking about this...well...boy...that's really the only way to put it, isn't it? To him I must seem like some old hag...he'd never want the likes of me...well, back to the nunnery it is then...shyte! But...would you look at that face...so very fair...beautiful as a girl...must be from one of the northern provinces...Giles called him Mac...a Scot perhaps...I wouldn't mind seeing those legs in a kilt to be sure...and you know what they say about what Scotsmen wear under their kilts...oh my...could be Erse just as well I suppose...ah yes, a bonnie celtic lad if ever there was one...mmmmm...

The sound of a throat clearing put the brakes on the redhead's internal babble, "Oh...excuse me?"

"M-m-m'lady?"

Willow giggled and tried not to blush, "Oh...truly, my good man...I am no lady."

Mac raised a single eyebrow, fixing the redhead with a crooked and knowing smile.

"Oh...no...I didn't..." she blurted, turning ever redder, "I...I meant...I'm not a courtier...not that other...oh...not that I...oh dear...I...I'm still a virgin..."

Willow quickly clamped her hand over her mouth to prevent any further words escaping, mortified at the ones that already had. It seemed that blushing had turned contagious, the boy appeared to be just as embarrassed as she was, unless he truly had just noticed something fascinating on the ground at his feet.

"Oh my...did I say that out loud? I can't believe I said that," she gushed, "Please, forgive me...just the local madwoman...pay me no mind at all..."

The befuddled expression on the boy's face made it clear that she wasn't making much headway in her quest to make herself understood.

"P-pardon m-me...but wh-who did y-you say you w-w-were?"

"I guess I didn't did I? I'm nobody really...just the stableman's daughter."

"I see...b-but what do f-f-folks c-call you?"

"Um..." she was having no easier time expressing herself than the stammering boy seemed to be, poor thing.

"S-s-surely, you m-must have a n-name."

"Willow," she barely spoke above a whisper, fearing that she might swoon. He wants to know my name.

"Wh-what w-w-was that?"

"Willow...my name is Willow." Oh my.

"Ah...like the mighty t-tree...a g-good s-strong name."

"Thank you," she blushed again, "It's nothing really."

"I think it's p-p-pretty," he said softly, almost gently, "You c-can call me M-Mac...everyone e-else does..."

"Mac..." she rolled it around on her tongue. Hmmm, I wouldn't mind rolling him...oooh. "Got it."

"S-so, Willow..." the boy asked expectantly.

"Um...yes?" If he keeps saying my name like that I am not going to be responsible for my actions.

"H-how may I b-be of s-s-service?"

"Well..." How do you feel about older women?

that's all for now...hope you dug it

:kgeek

Last edited by umgaynow on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Traveller's Tale -updated 4/16
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:01 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

dibsies!

awww, that was great. Totes worth the wait. I like this 'Mac' and these darling accents, driving me into a tizzy, I do fear! Our Willow still seems to run her mouth into a muck, doesn't she? Oy, poor lass. I can't wait to see the backstory behind this 'Mac fellow'!

Last edited by Zooeys_Bridge on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:33 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I hope Willow soon finds out that Mac is a she...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:21 am 
12. Recently Gay

Topics: 1
I swear I was intending to leave feedback even before your heartfelt plea in the general chat thread, but it did serve as a kick up the ass ;-)

Willow's internal babble was as funny as ever, she's quite the lusty lass isn't she, and even the little thing of Cordelia shouting lousy peasant made me laugh out loud.

I'm wondering though, is Willow just mistaken seeing Mac as a boy, or is Tara masquarading as a male? Either way Willow is in for a shock, or should I say a pleasent surprise.

Oh, and as for your wacky brownies fic, I think you should definately go ahead with it, I reckon it could be an absolute hoot.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:24 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Now, why didn't it notify me of this update via email? Bad kittenboard! :shy

Love it! Still weirded about the mistaking-Tara-for-male thing, but that's probably my personal issues coming in there. ;)

I look forward to new updates of The Traveller's Tale... it's one of the few fics that I'm currently actively following. Thanks for the update, and please do keep them coming! :)

I'll shoot the shot, bang, that you hear 'round the world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:50 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Great update !! It will take some getting use to having a mean Giles and Tara instead of Willow being mistaken for boy but I like that twist.Can't wait to read more.Sorry it took me so long to reply I have been having fun on the movie trivia games here on the board, your also very good at the trivia grasshopper :glasses

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:10 am 
18. Breast Gal

I love your writing for Willow - so cute and nervous when she speaks, getting tongue-tied almost at once, and all the while her mind races on with innuendo, out of her control almost. Mind you, hot sweaty blacksmith Tara would make anyone a bit scatterbrained. And hot sweaty smart blacksmith Tara too, tinkering with telescopes :blush