The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Traveller's Tale
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:16 pm 
28. Com...plete

Pinocchio1940 wrote:
I just starting reading this - Great story so far, Sounds a little like King Arthurian days. Keep it giong!

I admit it is a little bit of a nod to one of my favorite childhood stories
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Last edited by umgaynow on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:58 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

umgaynow wrote:
Oh I LUUURRRVVVVE your avatar!!!

Thank you! I spent a lot of time getting the perfect screencap for that.

Women with swords make me all swoony. Amber with a sword... well... what more needs be said, really? Except that I think I need a cold shower...

Last edited by thiswomanswork on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:41 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hi. Just peeking in to let you know that I'm here and readin'. I loved the part where Willow kept saying her name out loud to herself. You know, just in case she forgot what it sounded like. That was a bit crushing. And her description of how she knew she was all about the ladies with their plunging necklines and all making her feel warm fuzzies. Speaking of, I can't wait until we see Tara('s heaving bosom.) I imagine (perhaps all wrongly) that Willow will get out of her predicament by up and leaving. Hence that whole traveller's tale title-ma-jig? 'cause what's on her options list ain't looking so hot. 'specially not the whole offing herself. {{shiver}}

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:28 am 
28. Com...plete

Just wanted to let my kitties know...I am having moderate to severe computer troubles...so it may be a while before Chapter 3 or updates on anything else get posted...an advanced thank you for your patience :kgeek Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid computer!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:43 am 
19. Yummy Face

Sorry to hear about your computer troubles... Do you have any idea what's wrong with it? I happen to be somekind of computer supportguy...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:55 am 
17. Mega-Witches

umgaynow wrote:
I am having moderate to severe computer troubles...

Yikes! What's happening?

Last edited by thiswomanswork on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:02 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Topics: 1
I loved that Willow wanted to make her list in multi-coloured hues, and I laughed out loud at this:
Quote:
Willow remembered that she could neither read nor write. Bollocks!

Her choices do indeed seem poor, so in the words of Monty Python "Run away, run away."

Also was it wrong to enjoy naughty thoughts of Willow as a nun finding a certain Sister Tara...

One comment on difficulties typing, if it's not too personal, have you ever considered voice recognition software? I have a dyslexic friend who uses it, and he finds it a very useful tool.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:44 am 
28. Com...plete

As per the computer problems...it just keeps freezing all over the place regardless of the program one is using...sometimes doesn't even want to boot up...have run 3 different diagnostic/anti-virus type programs as well as defrag etc and it is still acting up...the randomness makes me think worm or trojan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:51 am 
17. Mega-Witches

umgaynow wrote:
As per the computer problems...it just keeps freezing all over the place regardless of the program one is using...sometimes doesn't even want to boot up...have run 3 different diagnostic/anti-virus type programs as well as defrag etc and it is still acting up...the randomness makes me think worm or trojan

That could be. Something like that could also be hardware-related, though...

If I wasn't, like, a couple thousand miles away I'd offer to take a look. As it is, I suggest calling a local expert. Even if you have to pay them. My experience with small computer repair companies has been good - quick service that fixes the problem for not a lot of money.

Whatever you do, I hope it gets better for you! Random lock-ups are frustrating as hell, I know.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:41 pm 
28. Com...plete

Thank you all for your concern about my computer...but how about some feedback on the chapter now? :kgeek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:47 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

I'll make you a deal... give us a new chapter, and we'll give you feedback on it. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:09 pm 
28. Com...plete

thiswomanswork wrote:
I'll make you a deal... give us a new chapter, and we'll give you feedback on it.

Someone's looking for a spanking...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:32 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

umgaynow wrote:
Someone's looking for a spanking...

[sub]I'll be good from now on, promise...[/sub]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:46 pm 
3. Flaming O

Did I tell you how much I liked the first 2 chapters? Oh, right, I think I kinda did.

:whistle

Well, I thought it would be nice to have this story back on the first page again. You'll get a little more views, you see, possibly some new readers? Something like that.

Please, you don't need to thank me... :-D :peace

Oh, and I'm sincerely looking forward to any update.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:46 pm 
28. Com...plete

satinpaper wrote:
Did I tell you how much I liked the first 2 chapters? Oh, right, I think I kinda did.

Well, I thought it would be nice to have this story back on the first page again. You'll get a little more views, you see, possibly some new readers? Something like that.

Please, you don't need to thank me...

Oh, and I'm sincerely looking forward to any update.

Aw shucks, darlin' Thanks!

Well...since you mentioned it...I just finished Chapter 3...how's that? A shortish but very tasty bit...with lovely detailed descriptions of a certain personage whose appearance you have all been anticipating so patiently...

After two hours sitting cross-legged on the bed, writing in longhand, I am too wiped out to post it tonight...if I am sufficiently recovered I will try to post it tomorrow...actually, I guess that would be today at this point...Wednesday at any rate...should my body decide to torture me in myriad ways for overdoing it, then I'll try to post it Thursday...if I am still too sore by then I shall be a very unhappy kitten

Oh yeah...I already have part of Chapter 4 roughed out too...

(Also, our computer-geek dude said we are not running with enough RAM...it is on order, so hopefully that will clear up the freeze-itis...thank you all for your interest)

-Sandi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:51 am 
3. Flaming O

:bounce :bounce :kgeek

Hmm, I wonder who(m?) you're talking about.... Oh, that vamp Sunday from The Freshman? I kind of liked her.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:09 pm 
28. Com...plete

satinpaper wrote:
:bounce

Hmm, I wonder who(m?) you're talking about.... Oh, that vamp Sunday from The Freshman? I kind of liked her.

I did too...I loved her snarkiness...I kind of wish they'd kept her around for a few episodes...I am a great fan of sarcasm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:15 pm 
28. Com...plete

Title: The Traveller's Tale - chapter 3
Author - Umgaynow/Sandi
Rating - PG
Summary - Willow arrives at her destination...almost
Notes - This is a pretty short one...but I've been in a big flare for 2 weeks now so my brain is pretty much a swiss cheese at this point...so I can't guarantee that the sentence structure will make as much sense to you as it does to me, but I hope you can get through without a translator...wasn't gonna post so early, but the RAM came in the mail today and my dad has a gift for breaking the computer while performing even the most simple of tasks, so I figured I'd better get to it before he got his hands on the innards...enjoy!
Feedback - Puh-leeez! You know what a feedback whore I am!

The Traveller's Tale: Chapter 3

Willow chuckled triumphantly, feeling rather satisfied with herself, as she ducked down the shaded alleyway that led to the smithy's stall. The first sight to catch her eye, as she came back into the sunlight, froze her solid in her tracks. Oddly enough, leaving her wondering just how the weather had suddenly turned so very warm.

"Oh my," she gasped, "That is definitely not Giles."

The redhead's eyes began their journey at ground level. At first alighting on a pair of well worn boots, before slowly and studiously moving upward, drinking in every detail of the fascinating new terrain they so eagerly explored. Willow missed not so much as a solitary smudge or wrinkle on the soft chamois trousers that so flatteringly swathed the magnificent legs. Her gaze caressed their shapely form like a pair of hands, climbing ever higher, finally to arrive at the nexus, where the breeches curved outward, cradling their precious contents in a manner wondrous to behold.

Funny, I don't recollect ever wanting to bite someone on the bum before...curious indeed.

Directly above the bit where the chamois sloped just as wonderfully back inward, was a hand-tooled leather vest just a shade or two darker than the trousers themselves. What the redhead could see of the intricate sunburst pattern, which covered the hide, had obviously been crafted by an artisan of extraordinary skill. The portion of the design that she couldn't see was obscured by a cascade of shining wheat-blonde hair, tied back with a simple leather thong, doubtless to keep it free of the fire and entanglement with the straps of the heavy cowhide apron.
Still, it was neither the vest nor the hair half-hiding it that commanded the redhead's attention, but rather the strong, broad back that they covered. The chiseled arms and tanned shoulders were also of note, their muscles glistening wetly in the afternoon sun as they plied the hammer and tongs.

Ironically, the one detail, that demanded her scrutiny so much more than all the others, was actually not so very big at all. Hardly an inch or two in its totality, it resided just at the place where the top of the trousers met the bottom of the vest. A pale strip of skin that revealed itself, for the briefest of moments, only when its owner worked the bellows, pumping vigorously at the foot pedal. Perhaps it was the elusiveness of the thing that made it so tantalizing or maybe the bead of sweat that could occasionally be seen running down the groove at its center, disappearing so enticingly beneath the waist of the pants. Then again, it might also have had something to do with the novelty of it, pale as the finest ivory while all the other flesh in evidence was dark as burnished oak.

Could it truly be both as soft and as powerful as it looks?

And more importantly, could Willow resist this sudden all-consuming need to press her lips to it? Momentarily, she began to feel light-headed and improbably enough, even warmer than before. She was fairly burning up.

"Well then," she whispered in wonder, "Either I have finally managed to catch the plague or I really do like boys after all."

That's all for now...Chapter 4 is already in the works...hope ya dug it :kgeek

Last edited by umgaynow on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:24 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for another great update-y goodness... Tara's the new blacksmith?

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:32 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Short, but very sweet.

You know, any paragraph that starts with 'The redhead's eyes began their journey at ground level' is going to be a good paragraph.

Although how she's mistaking Tara for a guy from behind, muscular or no, is beyond me! ((fans self))

Loving it! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:59 pm 
5. Willowhand

You said "thong." {{giggle}}

And yes, thankfully and most definitely not Giles...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:55 pm 
28. Com...plete

thiswomanswork wrote:
Short, but very sweet.

You know, any paragraph that starts with 'The redhead's eyes began their journey at ground level' is going to be a good paragraph.

Although how she's mistaking Tara for a guy from behind, muscular or no, is beyond me! ((fans self))

Loving it!

Think semi-butch-really-fit-could-compete-on-American-GladiatorsTara

Post subject: Re: The Traveller's Tale - updated 2/27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:41 am 
3. Flaming O

Umgaynow, do I sense a predilection to dress Tara in yummy leather before sending her off, all sexy and strong, to cross paths with Willow? (A Woman in Uniform comes to mind.) Looks like this time you gave her a nice work-out and alluringly selective tan. What a... healthy gal she must be. Maybe she's not all forged in the heat of battle (like a certain character we all appreciate), but there's a forge present and plenty of heat. I can cerainly picture her wielding a sword very convincingly, the handling of the hammer and tongs was quite impressing. Or maybe she's the wrestling type... Ok, I'm babbling, I'll stop.

This was rather short, but I know you have a lot on your mind right now, at least we got a view of those precious contents. This sort of thing always brightens my day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:34 am 
28. Com...plete

I swear, the leather is just to protect Tara's precious flesh from flying sparks and embers...although now that you mention it... ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:43 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Wow! Nice visuals. :drool

You certainly have an eye for detail and so well written that I was transported into Willow's world and really enjoying the veiw with her. I can't wait until the smithy turns around, I think Willow will be relieved that she doesn't like boys after all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:36 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hi. Just wanted to let you know I'm here, I'm reading and I'm liking.

And damn, that visual just had me drooling so much I think I need a bib. Blacksmith Tara is one hot mama. I mean, the strong, broad back, chiseled arms and tanned shoulders, the dripping sweat down her back into that tantalizing...Oh, I think I need to borrow her billows to fan myself. I loved Willow's reaction, and this is all from the back view. I SO can't wait to see her reaction when she turns around. Can't wait til you describe that view.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:05 am 
3. Flaming O

Oh, don't mind me, I'm just paying a short visit, casting a glance at Tara, no need to turn, Tara...

OK, I'm done.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:57 am 
28. Com...plete

sorry about the lack of updates...but as anyone who's been reading the Kitten thread knows, real life has been all about the major suckage lately...my mum is supposed to be getting out of the hospital today...although they've already said that on 4 previous days...and aside from my SSDI things are starting to calm down...stress easing...of course now I'm heading into the fibroflare caused by the combo of stress and equinox...always get a big one when the seasons change...but just for you all, I will try my best to fill my thoughts with sweaty, muscular, somewhat larger with the butch than usual Tara...oh, the way's one must suffer for ones art :sigh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:19 am 
5. Willowhand

I adore this story to bits, (and Tara hasn't even turned aruond yet!) but health way first. Sending goodness across the computer wires to your mom. And you... take care of yourself, too, ya?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:08 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
I'm glad this thread got bumped, because I had no idea a second and third chapters had been posted! How it escaped me, I have no clue, but I'm glad to have caught up!

I'm going to second and say this story is such a delight. It's really picked up from the first chapter, and I feel myself moving right along and a comfortable pace.

And did I mention I was drooling while reading that sumptuous description in the last section? De-lish.

Anyway, take your time, real life is hard. We'll be here whenever an update comes along :)