The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Usus ad Obsurum (Possessor of Darkness)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:11 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

[center]Usus ad Obsurum
By Robbie Kelly
Willow Watcher
© June 2006[/center]

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything related to Buffy the Vampire Slayer or the characters. The other things dealing with movie reference is own by their cooperates and I am just using it for my own sick pleasure. Please don’t sue because I don’t have anything.
Rating: NC-17 for sexual content, violence, language, gore and horror.
Pairing: Willow and Tara
Spoilers: This is set a few days after Wrecked. There is reference to the movie Exorcist© however things are twisted to suit the way I have written this story.
Warning: There is total angst in this story. Gore and horror is a plenty in here people so if that turns your stomach then don’t read it.

Special thanks go to my friend Kay (Spellbound) for being my beta and helping with research and beating me over the head when I needed it. She said and I quote “If this story can freak me out then I’ll be impressed.” Therefore I shall do my best Kay. And as always a thanks to my beautiful wife Jennifer. She has always supported me in everything that I write. I love you baby.

Chapter 1
Abandoning Hope

//Please baby! I’m sorry, don’t leave me!//
//Will, you did this. I told you that if you could stop for a week...and you couldn’t even do that! You couldn’t go one day without using magic, and you took my memories away, AGAIN! Now leave me alone so I can to pack my stuff.//
//Baby?//

Willow cringed at the memory of the night that her Tara left. She sighed as she listened to the repeated buzzing sound coming from receiver.
“Twelve, thirteen, fourteen...” She counted. “Please pick up the phone.” She begged into the plastic device held to her face. Her fingers nervously twisted into the phone cord.
She closed her eyes and sighed counting again. {Seventeen, eighteen, nineteen...}

“Hello.” Tara’s voice said softly.

“Tara? Tara!” Willow shouted as her heartbeat became faster.
“I’m not available to answer your call right now...”

Willow placed the receiver back down on the cradle. {Of course it’s gonna be an answering machine. What are the chances that she’s ever going to pick up when I call?} Willow crinkled her brow. {Who sets their answering machine to pick up on twenty rings? Does an answering machine even have a setting for twenty rings?}
Life as a Scooby had taught her to look at all possible aspects of a situation and Willow was the best at nit picking out the finer details.

She picked up the phone again and pushed redial.
“One, two, three...”

“Hello. I’m not available to answer your call...”

Willow slammed down the phone. “Damn it!”

“Uh, did the phone do something to you or are you abusing it and cursing it for some other reason? ‘Cause I’m still working out the more important financial situations around here to go and buy a new one.” Buffy stood against the doorway to the kitchen, crossing her arms.

Willow gave the Slayer a small grin. “Sorry Buffy, it’s just...” She let out a long sigh. “Tara won’t answer my calls.”

“You really expect her too?” A muffled voice came out of Dawn as she walked past Buffy and over to the counter.

“Dawn.” Buffy chided her sister.

Willow’s eyes dropped to the floor.

“What?” Dawn turned around and faced both women. “I’m the only one around here that has the guts to say anything. Willow screwed up! Tara left! Willow screwed up more! Tara won’t come back! Is that so hard to comprehend Buffy?” Dawn cradled her broken arm. “I’m tired of hearing it. ‘Tara left, boo hoo. I can’t live without her, boo hoo. She won’t answer my calls, boo hoo.’ She’s pathetic!” She pointed at Willow.

“Shut up!” Willow screamed at the teenager.

“Or what? You’ll break my other arm? Oh, why not make it my leg?!” Dawn shouted back.

“That’s enough! Buffy screamed out causing Willow and Dawn to jump.
The Slayer’s actions and voice have been not of the norm. The once vibrant blonde was just existing, not living since her resurrection.
“Both of you stop it!” Buffy stood in between the redhead and her sister in a strong stance as if the two might make it a physical attack on each other instead of verbal.

“You know what? Fine!” Dawn looked at Buffy. “I’m the one who’s had enough! I’m moving out!”
Buffy’s eyes widened. “Oh, I don’t think so!”

“I don’t care what you think! I won’t stay here another night while you let,” Dawn sneered over at Willow’s direction, “her live here! Some worn out junkie who threw her whole life away!”

“What the hell has gotten into you Dawn? Why are you acting like this?” Buffy asked worried.
She has never seen so much anger and hatred pouring out from her sister, especially towards Willow. Given, she had right to be mad at the redhead and the torturous silent treatment over the past few days was enough to send Willow down a guilt trip from hell but something else was wrong. Something didn’t add up.

Dawn closed her eyes and sighed trying to calm herself. “Nothing is wrong. I just want away from Willow and if you are going to let her live here then I’m leaving.” Dawn held her chin high almost daring her sister to argue.

“Dawn.” Buffy said quietly.
She saw the face that her sister was showing. She almost smiled thinking how Willow, the old Willow, taught Dawn the infamous ‘Rosenberg Resolve Face Technique’. But everything was different now as if the roles of the two women were switched.
Dawn standing tall like Willow when the redhead’s mind was set on something and Willow being quiet like Dawn, hiding in the shadows just listening and waiting.

The sound of a whimper behind the Slayer caused both Summer’s sisters to look.
Willow sat there on the tiled floor with her hands covering her face repeating ‘I’m sorry. I’m sorry.’ over and over.

“Yeah we know you are. A sorry waste of space!” Dawn spat out at the woman she once looked up too.

Willow wiped the tears off her cheeks and got off the floor. She looked at the young woman in the eyes. There was no compassion, no friendship, not even the slightest hint of wavering from the words she spoke. Only the hurt and disappointment that stared back.

Willow lowered her head and walked out of the room. The sound of the front door was heard opening and closing with a tiny click.

Dawn closed her eyes. Even though she displayed the hurtful spite she had, her heart was shattering in a million pieces.

Without a word, Buffy gently guided her Dawn out the back door. Both sisters stood there facing one another.

“Would you please explain to me the whole ‘Cybil’ scene in there? Buffy asked leaning against the house.
“Why should I even start? You’re just going to take her side anyway.” Dawn placed her hand on her hip.

“I am not taking sides in this! Do you think for one instant that I like the idea of Willow going all ‘Magic Eraser’ on us and nearly got us killed? You think I enjoy picking you up off the ground after Willow conjured up some demon that tried to kill you?” Buffy shouted out.

Dawn rubbed her hand over her face. “Then why are you protecting her when you should look after Tara?”

Buffy walked over. “What do you mean look after Tara? Dawn, did something happen to her?”

“Like you care!” Dawn turned around and stomped off the small porch.

With lightening speed, Buffy leaped from where she stood and landed in front of the retreating teenager. She grabbed Dawn by her uninjured shoulder. “Damn it Dawn! Tell me!”

Dawn pulled herself out of the Slayer’s grasp. “I promised I wouldn’t say. Unlike some people who live in this house, I keep my word.”

Buffy’s flared her nostrils in total frustration. “Tell me or I swear Dawn I’ll...”

“What? You’ll what Buffy, twist my arm?!” Dawn held out her injured limb.

“Forget this shit! I don’t need this from you!” Buffy walked away. “You won’t tell me I’ll find out myself from Tara!” She yelled over her shoulder.

Dawn’s eyes widened. She was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either she had to say something to her sister in hopes that they could keep it between the two of them or Buffy would confront Tara and the blonde witch would not confide in Dawn with anything anymore and Tara needed to trust someone especially since the problems with Willow.
She saw her sister walk around the side of the house. Sighing, Dawn took off in a sprint to catch her.

“Buffy! Wait!” She yelled out.

Buffy stood still with her arms crossed. “What?” Came the short, sharp reply.

“I’ll tell you but you have to swear to me that you won’t say anything to anyone, especially Willow. The last thing Tara needs is for her to find out.”

“Dawn, just tell me what’s going on?” Buffy asked.

“Swear it Buffy.” Dawn emphasized.

Buffy made an ‘X’ mark across her chest. “Cross my heart and hope to...”

“Don’t even finish that phrase.” Dawn said sternly.

“Right.” Buffy smiled. “I swear it Dawn I will not say a word to anyone.” She said as she looked into dark brown eyes.

Dawn nodded, satisfied with her sister’s promise.

Willow sat at the edge of the front porch with her legs drawn up to her chest. {Dawn’s right. I screwed everything up. Bringing Buffy back and ripping her out of heaven, two mind wiping spells, pushing Tara away; why is everything so complicated?} She sighed hugging her legs tighter.
Her ears twitched as she picked up on her name being spoken from the side of the house.
She turned her head and peered around the corner to see Buffy and Dawn standing there.

“Willow can’t find out about this Buffy. Tara made me promise and if she knew that I was telling you about this, it would hurt her and I think she’s been through enough.” Dawn lowered her head.

Buffy nodded in agreement. “Promise me that she didn’t mean too?”

“It’s what she said and I believe her. She was just so tired. The bad part is that I was the one who suggested it.” Dawn’s voice cracked with emotion.

“How did you suggest it?” Buffy asked in confusion.

“I just...Tara couldn’t sleep without the nightmares. When I saw her, she looked so tired. So I told her to take a sleeping pill so she could rest at least for a whole night.” Dawn explained.

“But you didn’t tell her to take a whole hand full!” Buffy stomped her foot. “How could she have been so stupid and with you at her house?! She has gone too far!”

“Buffy, it’s not her fault that I was there. When I left I forgot my History notes so I went back later and found her on the couch and I don’t think she took a whole handful. Maybe two or three more than she should have. I could have over reacted by calling the ambulance, but seeing her there and not answering me kinda freaked me out.”

Buffy shuddered as flashes flooded her mind remembering that is how she found her mother.
She shook her head and looked at her sister. “You didn’t over react.” She placed a comforting hand on Dawn’s shoulder. “You did good Dawn.”

A smile came over the young woman’s face. “Really?”

“Really.” Buffy assured her and smiled.

Willow’s hand was shaking as she clamped it over her mouth to muffle the cries. {Tara. Oh baby, what have I done?} She stood up and braced herself against the house. She placed her cheek against the cool siding. {I have to see her.} Willow shook her head. {No. I can’t. I’ll bring back her nightmares. I’ll leave. I’ll go far away so she won’t see me ever again.}
Willow pushed herself up and walked into the house and upstairs to her room.

Buffy knocked on the door to apartment 5C. The door came open with a distraught and slightly fatigued blonde.

“Buffy? What are you d-doing here?” Tara asked tightly wrapping her arms around herself.

“Oh, just dropped by to see you.” Buffy smiled slightly and squeezed her way in the door.

Tara sighed. “Come on in.” She said in a low whisper.

Buffy stood there looking around the small space. “Nice.”

“It’s suitable.” Tara said shortly, plopping herself down on a bean bag in the floor.

Buffy tilted her head. “Are you alright? You seem kinda worse for wear.”

“Uh yeah, thanks. It’s been a rough couple of days. Um, how’s Dawnie?” Tara asked trying to steer the conversation in a different direction.

“Oh, she’s fine. I dropped her off at Janice’s.” Buffy sat down on the floor in front of the blonde witch. “We need to talk.”

“Xander, I really need your help!” Anya shouted over a stack of boxes that she was carrying from the stock room.

“Ahn, I need to go talk to Will.” Xander said taking the boxes and sitting them down on the floor.

“It’s always about Willow!” The ex-demon voiced. “God, Xander! Wake up! She almost got everyone killed and I had to dish out another four hundred dollars to have the front window fixed. Not to mention that she ran Giles back to England and drove Tara away and you are just going to stand there and take her side like always!” Anya sighed.

“Ahn, please honey.” He pleaded with his fiancé.

Anya walked over to him and placed her hands on her hips. “You are going to have to learn who is more important to you, Willow or me. I can’t live in the shadow of her.”

“It’s not like that and you know it!” Xander shouted and slammed his fist on the counter. He cringed and rubbed the side of his hand. “You know I love you and I am not putting anyone before you. I just want to talk to her.”

Anya put her arms around his neck. “Alright, but can you stay here and help me first?” She said smiling and batting her eye lids.

Xander laughed and kissed her on the nose. “Yeah. I’ll just call and tell her that we’ll come over later. O.K.”

Anya grinned. “Yes. I think that would be appropriate manners to call before hand. She might be in the middle of masturbating since Tara isn’t there to give her orgasms and us popping in would be rude.”

Xander shook his head and walked over to the phone and dialed the number. He waited patiently as the phone picked up.

“Hello?” Came the croaky reply.

“Hey Will.” Xander said. He frowned at the tone of her voice.

“Who is this?”

“Uh, it’s me Xander.” He crinkled his brows in confusion.

“Oh yeah right, Xander. You need something?” The voice came back.

“Just thought I’d let you know that Anya and I will be coming over later.” Xander told her.

“Yeah, O.K. Whatever. I’ll be here. Bye.”
The phone clicked and then a dial tone was heard.

Xander stood there looking at the receiver. He shook his head and placed it back on the cradle.
“That was strange.”

“What?” Anya asked looking up from a pile of books she had placed on the counter.

“Willow. She sounds so...I don’t know, off.” He explained walking over to Anya.

“She’s going through withdrawals. She will be acting strange, more than usual. Nothing to worry about.” Anya patted him on the shoulder. “Now pick up some stock papers and help me organize this stuff.”

“Yes dear.” Xander laughed.

“Thanks a lot Uncle Jacob. I don’t know how long I’ll stay but I won’t make it long.” Willow smiled, relieved that she had a place to go to.

“Nonsense. You stay there as long as you need too. There’s no rush my little Rosebud.” Willow’s uncle’s chuckle came clear over the line.

Willow cringed at the child nickname. “Yeah. I’ll call you when I get there.” She told him as she flipped through her personal phone book. She frowned when she came across Tara’s name and number when she lived in the dorms at USC.

“Alright. You be careful Willow.” Her uncle said sincerely.

“I will. Love you Uncle Jacob.” A tear slipped down her cheek.

“Love you too Rosebud.”
And that said the call ended.

Willow gently hung up the phone and sighed. {Better get this done and over with.} She walked over to her desk but stopped and turned around when the phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hey Will it’s me.” The voice came back.

“Xander? You sound kinda bad. Are you coming down with a cold?” Willow said worried about her best friend.

“Uh, no. Just a little croaky. Listen, I just want to tell you that Anya and I won’t be coming over for awhile.”

“What? Why?” Willow’s voice was wavering.

“Because of what you did. We are just going to keep our distance O.K. I gotta go. Bye.”

Willow cried as she placed the phone back down. For the first time in years, she was alone.

Last edited by Willow Watcher on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Usus ad Obsurum (Possesser of Darkness)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:41 pm 
5. Willowhand

Okay - I'm suspicious of those phone calls.

Maybe you'd better update again to put my mind at rest. :-D

Caz

"I'm a bloodsucking fiend! Look at my outfit!" Willow - Doppelgangland

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:01 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

oh my!
You can't leave the gang so ...so... they are a mess.
There are quite odd things here adding their bad part on the story.
Continue soon, please.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:57 pm 
5. Willowhand

Whoa, you're off to a good start, that's for sure. Only one chapter and Willow's life is rapidly going down the drain. :( A well-written, very sad story... I for one am hoping for updates and the eventual happy ending. :)

Good story

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:34 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

this is beautiful, but so sad...plase, continue. i need to know where you're going with this :aww

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:44 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:kdevil ok you so made me cry already and those calls . i have a feeling all hell is going to brake out. :kdevil :kdevil :kdevil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:53 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

[center]Usus ad Obsurum
By Robbie Kelly
Willow Watcher
© June 2006[/center]

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything related to Buffy the Vampire Slayer or the characters. The other things dealing with movie reference is own by their cooperates and I am just using it for my own sick pleasure. Please don’t sue because I don’t have anything.
Spoilers: This is set a few days after Wrecked. There is reference to the movie Exorcist© however things are twisted to suit the way I have written this story.
Warning: There is total angst in this story. Gore and horror is a plenty in here people so if that turns your stomach then don’t read it.

Special thanks go to my friend Kay (Spellbound) for being my beta and helping with research and beating me over the head when I needed it. She said and I quote “If this story can freak me out then I’ll be impressed.” Therefore I shall do my best Kay. And as always a thanks to my beautiful wife Jennifer. She has always supported me in everything that I write. I love you baby.

Chapter 2
Revelations of the Heart

Buffy watched Tara storm around.

“Were you even there?! You know what she did to me Buffy! She broke the bond that we had because she needed magic more than me. She tore me up inside and lied to me. She took my mind! Not only once but twice! She hurt me and the people I love…my family!”
Tara stopped pacing and looked at the Slayer. “Of all the people, I thought you were my friend and you want me to go back there and get hurt again? Is that what you are telling me Buffy?!” Tara kicked a box of unpacked clothes across the room.

“Shut up.” Buffy told her.

Tara looked at the other blonde in pure shock. “What?”

The slayer jumped up. “I said shut up!” She walked over and stood toe to toe with Tara. “I cannot believe you are preaching to ME about injustice!” Buffy laughed and threw up her hands in frustration. “I was ripped out of HEAVEN and brought back here by Willow and if I’m not mistaken you were there too and Xander and Anya…my family!” Buffy spat out with a smirk of disgust. “Willow endangered us all when she did the spell and I’m still trying to get the smell of burnt leafy babble crap out of my furniture!”

“L-Lethe’s Bramble.” Tara corrected then dropped her eyes when Buffy gave her a death glare.

Buffy took in a deep breath. “I’m just saying Tara you need to talk to her. Help her some way because she is going to hurt herself or someone else and…” Buffy sat back down in the floor. She looked at Tara with tears stinging her eyes. “Willow’s one thing I can’t fight. I can fight vampires, demons of all kinds and varieties but when my friends…my family goes all bad, I can’t do anything.”

Tara sat back down. “What do you mean you can’t fight Willow? Buffy, what happened?”

Buffy pulled her knees up to her chest. “I had a dream about Willow.”

“Was this the type of dream I should be jealous about?” Tara smirked.

Buffy looked at her. “If I did have a dream like THAT, I wouldn’t be telling you of all people about it.” The Slayer shook her head. “This was a prophetic dream, I think. I don’t exactly know but it seemed real and I mean really real. Like the dream I had about the Master but this was more intense.”

Tara leaned forward to give the other woman her full attention. “Go on.”

“Well, I was talking to Willow, ya know the redhead we all know and love.”
Buffy didn’t miss the look of hurt shown in Tara’s eyes but continued. “Then suddenly she turned all scary and not the ‘Willow putting on a ghost outfit’ kinda scary either. Her hair and eyes were black and dark veins covered her skin.” Buffy shuddered. “And no matter what I tried, I couldn’t defeat her.”

“Anything else?” Tara asked. Fear streamed down her spine.

Buffy shook her head. “No. That’s all I remember.”

Tara leaned back and wrapped her arms around her chest. “It’s all the dark magic she’s been taking into her system.”

“Gee, ya think?” Buffy remarked sarcastically.

Tara sunk down. “I’m j-just s-saying...”

Buffy laid a comforting hand on Tara’s knee. “I know and I’m sorry. I just don’t know what to do.” Buffy laughed out. “You know what‘s really messed up here?”

Tara looked at the Slayer. “What?”

“This is all our fault.”

A cab pulled out leaving Willow standing in front of the Sunnydale Airport.

“Well, this is it. All by myself. Going to face the hard, cruel world. This is it Rosenberg. Your one way ticket to total and complete freedom. Leaving the past behind and going into a brighter future.” Willow looked around. “Yep, all by myself.” A single tear ran down her cheek as she picked up her luggage and walked into the airport.

“And how do you see this as OUR fault?” Tara looked at Buffy with wide unbelieving eyes.

Buffy closed her eyes and shook her head. “I don’t know why I didn’t see this before.”

“Buffy, you aren’t making any sense. Why is this our fault?!” Tara asked again.

The Slayer looked at her. “Don’t you see? We kept asking Willow to do spells over and over. When she learned to float pencils, I thought it was so cool. Then she started doing other things and I thought it was great, fantastic even. More and more we relied on her. It was like ‘Hey Will, can you put my boyfriends soul back so he doesn’t become a raving killer’ and like ‘Hey Will, if you can’t do this the old fashion way, just use magic.’” Buffy sighed. “When she hacked with her computers she was great but when she started with the magic’s Willow was incredible and we praised her for that. She felt useful. She felt powerful. She didn’t feel like the little meek person that I met in high school.”

“Buffy, Willow is the smartest person I know. She is perfectly capable of knowing what is right and wrong. I mean…God Buffy…she knows the consequences of using magic like she has been. And no one MADE her go see that black magic dealer!” Tara flared her nostrils in anger.

“My point is, Willow never had anyone to teach her; no one to guide her.”

“I was there with her when she got into the real intense spells. Don’t sit there and tell me she didn’t have anyone!” The blonde witch crossed her arms in front of her chest. “She always had me.”

“She never had anyone teach her from the beginning Tara. Hell, if I didn’t have a watcher to guide me I’d be…probably like Faith. No control at all, doing whatever I wanted and if someone told me it was dangerous, I’d do it anyway just to prove them that I could. But Willow always felt left out…” Buffy said before interrupted by Tara holding up her hand.

“Hold it right there! Everyone always included Willow. I know I certainly did.” She protested.

“I know and I did as well but she and Xander have always felt like the sidekicks. Xander never went all with the bad mojo but he has never done anything bad…except for that time with the hyena possession but that wasn’t his fault.” She quickly back peddled.

“Yes but this…all of this is Willow, Buffy.”

“Tara, your mom taught you about magic, right?” Buffy asked. She continued when Tara nodded her head. “No one taught Willow how to do anything and I mean ANYTHING. She had to learn things every since she was little. Xander told me that her parents would go out of town. Sometimes for months and leave Willow with a nanny and you know how attentive they are.” She rolled her eyes. “The brainy Willow taught herself how to read, write and all with the computers. And I’m taking by the look on your face you didn’t know any of this.”

“No. She never told me.” Tara said suddenly feeling sorry for her love. “Why wouldn’t she tell me Buffy? We never kept secrets from each other…except for here recently.” She said the last part in a low whisper.

Buffy smiled sadly. “That’s Willow, not wanting to bother anyone else with her problems. Willow’s strong, independent and has to be in control. Maintain order in her life and make everything perfect because she had so much disorder in her past, I think this is the only way she feels she can make it up. She had no one to teach her discipline. She had to do it herself. Make herself perfect so she felt like someone was proud of her when no one was around. She has always had this big front and the only person that knew about how her life really was, was...well Xander. At least she had him.”

“But that wasn’t her fault.” Tara said looking distraught.

“And when she messed up, she did the only thing that she knew to do…” Buffy left the sentence hanging.

“Make it all perfect.” Tara finished. She closed her eyes and lowered her head.

Dawn walked inside the house and threw her jacket on the rack. “Buffy!” She called out waiting for an answer. She shook her head when no reply came. {God I hope Willow went out. I do NOT want to be here alone with her.}

Dawn quietly made her way upstairs to her room. She closed the door and locked it behind her. Getting out the teen magazine from her desk drawer she flopped down on her bed.
Unseen by her, an envelope fell to the floor.

Tara handed Buffy a cup of tea.
“So what do you want me to do?” Tara asked sitting down with her own cup.
“I think you should come back home with me and just talk with her. See if you can get through to her.”

“It’s going to take time.” Tara sighed. “Willow lied and put two forgetting spells on me and endangered all of you as well.”

“Yeah, like none of us have done that before.” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“W-What are you talking about?”

“Like you don’t remember? Let’s go down memory lane, shall we? I’ll start with myself. I didn’t tell anyone that Angel had turned back into Angelus or how it happened. Giles put us in danger with Eyghon demon, Xander doing the love spell with Amy, Dawn trying to bring mom back, Oz and the whole Veruca deal and you with the ‘see no evil especially me’ when your redneck family came to visit.” Buffy watched Tara lower her eyes. “So you see, we’ve all messed up.”

“This is different Buffy. She stole my memories and messed with my mind like Glory did.” Tara cringed at the name of the Hell God.

“Yeah but Willow was the only and I’ll repeat ONLY one who gave your mind back to you so you wouldn’t be some kind of slobbering idiot for the rest of your life. She’s helped save the world so many times I’ve lost count. But people don’t consider the good things when someone messes up and I’m just as guilty for doing it too.”

Buffy sat there silently drinking her tea watching the emotions play across Tara’s face.

Dawn danced around her room with her personal CD player in her hand.

“Never gonna stop me, never gonna stop! Never gonna stop me, never gonna stop!” She sang and bobbed her head up and down to the beat.
She twirled around and stubbed her toe on the leg of the footboard of her bed, instantly bringing her down to her knees.
She threw her CD player on her bed, ripping the earphones from her head. “SHIT!” She yelled out. She quickly covered her mouth with her hand and looked around wide eyed.

Dawn whimpered as she sat on the floor and removed her sock. She hissed in air when she saw her little toe was beginning to turn purple.
“Great, and I was gonna wear my new sandals tomorrow. This’ll look real good.”
She stood up and noticed the corner of an envelope sticking out from under her bed.
“What’s this?” She picked it up and sat down on her bed.

Turning the envelope she found ‘DAWN’ written on the front. She immediately knew that it was Willow’s handwriting.

Dawn rolled her eyes and placed it on the bed directly behind her.
“Stupid bed! Stupid toe!”
She reached behind her and grabbed the envelope. “Stupid Willow!” She shouted.

Sighing, Dawn opened the letter.

Dear Dawn,
First I want you to know that you are beautiful, sweet, kind and such a strong young woman. I will miss you so much.

The reason I am leaving is because I heard you talking to Buffy about what happened to Tara. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but I was on the front porch and just kind of over heard. I almost died right then and there knowing that I caused all that pain to Tara. I just can’t stay in hopes that she will come back to me when I know she won‘t. Who would?

I know how much Tara means to all of you and you mean so much to her Dawn. Promise me that you’ll take care of her. She has been through so much pain in her past and I caused her so much more. She needs you.

Remember that I love you kiddo. Take care of yourself and study hard. Make me proud like you always have.

~Willow

Tara held open the door for Buffy. “I’m not promising anything. I’m just going to talk.”

“Talking is good.” Buffy smiled nodding her head.

The door closed behind the two women.

The sound of Tara’s phone echoed through the small apartment.
On the third ring, the answering machine picked up. “Hello. I’m not available to answer your call right now. Please leave a message.”
The loud beeping sounded then the voice of a sobbing girl.

“Tara! Tara! Please answer the phone! Oh God! She’s gone! Willow left! Tara! TARA!”

Last edited by Willow Watcher on Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:25 pm 
9. Gay Now

**gulp**

Willow? Don't go. They still love you.

Please?

Willow?

Willow Watcher. Don't you *dare* stop here ... I am all tense and waiting to see what happens next!

Excellent work!

db

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:33 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

hmmm i like this fic so far... please continue?

I wonder where willow went?!

Erin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:51 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Were's Willow?!! Holy crap, just as Tara and Buffy were about to talk to her, she up's and leaves. Even though it's not her fault. Buffy's speeches were very good and truthful.
Okay update so I can know what's to happen. :D
:peace Akyire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:17 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Good gosh, I'm hooked! Right off the bat, the anger drew me in. You've done awesome displaying Dawn's anger. It was so good, I was getting scared that she would come through this screen and tell me to slow down reading, lol. Anyhoo, she left? After all the talking Buffy and Tara did, she left? I'm curious to see if Dawn takes a little blame, herself, for being somewhat of the cause for Willow's haste departure.

I'm going to stop talking and sit here patiently wait for another great update. Hope to see more soon. Take care and smiles. =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:33 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Now, this is a pickle. There just seems to be so much hate between all of the characters. This animosity is chilling. And heartbreaking. You weren't kidding about the whole "this story will be a hard one to read" foreword. I haven't yet decided about my feelings in terms of just everyone blaming/hating Willow, but the fact that I feel the need to accept this different situation makes me hunger for more!

I would like to point out the interaction between Buffy and Tara. This Tara seems very ready to just throw the entire blame onto Willow which is very different from the empathetic nature most writers usually attribute to Tara. Everyone seems very ready to ignore and throw Willow away to whatever fate may be, which becomes a very nice emphasis on the whole season 6 deal.

Emotions are definitely high, especially because of the placement of this fic in the timeline. I just hope Willow doesn't do something majorly suicidal (especially after we learned about what Tara tried to do. EEP!), and that everyone just gets over their blame and goes out to hunt for Willow.

Looking forward to it!

-beanie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:19 am 
5. Willowhand

I love this story!

Buffy - you've done something right for a change. Yes, the Scooby Gang did keep asking Willow to do spells for them, so they need to take some of the blame.

Can I please kick Dawn through to next week cos she grips my tubes!

Looking forward to the next update.

Caz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:53 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

What? No no nono no (shaking head frantic) No way. Just now that maybe things were going to be less bad...keep it up

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:43 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

:sob i'm probably just feeling down on my own, but this story is just too sad.....more please

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:41 pm 
23. Volumey Text

This is an interesting story.

Judging from the mysterious phone call Willow recieved, supposedly from Xander, it seems that someone's trying to split them all up.

Given how angry Dawn seemed to be with Willow, I'm a little surprised at how upset she was at Willow leaving. Maybe it's because she feels like she's to blame?

Looking forward to reading more

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:24 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Wow, another nice story on this board. I like the setting, I like the plot. But it seems to give us some heart-wrenching before all comes to a good ending (it will be good, will it? :wtkiss please).

Yes, Willow was very wrong doing the spells on Tara and endangering Dawn but she needs help from her friends. Running away may not be her wisesed decision. I think Dawn feels a little guilty about this because she blamed Willow for everything.

Wonder about this strange phone call from Xander. Was it even Xander himself? I think there are some strange things waiting for the scoobies to sort out.

Please keep on writing. I'm looking forward to the next update. And thanks for sharing your story.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:15 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

[center]Usus ad Obsurum
By Robbie Kelly
Willow Watcher
© June 2006[/center]

Chapter 3
Letters of Sorrow

“And then she said ‘I’m eating this banana now! Lunchtime be damned!’” Buffy said as she walked inside the house.

Tara held her sides and laughed. “That is so cute.”

Buffy laughed. “And then she just stormed off and I went after h...”

“BUFFY!” Dawn screamed as she came running down the stairs.

Buffy literally jumped. “Dawn! What’s going...”

“Willow!” Was all she said as she fell into Buffy’s arms.

“What? What did she do?” Buffy asked.

“She left! She’s gone!” Dawn exclaimed as she cried. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to make her leave! Please don’t hate me!”
Buffy held her sister at arms length. “Dawn, calm down. What do you mean she’s gone? Where is she?”

Dawn didn’t say anything and reached into her pocket and produced a letter with Buffy’s name written on it.

The Slayer didn’t hesitate to rip the envelope open.

Dear Buffy,

Where do I begin? It seems like ages ago since I met you in high school, but you instantly took me and made me your friend. I will always remember that.

I want to say that I am sorry for bringing you back but I just couldn’t let you go. I should have thought everything through and realize that you of all people would end up in heaven. Instead, I was selfish and brought you back here, to hell. Maybe someday you will forgive me for that because I will never forgive myself.

I am leaving because I feel it’s the right thing to do. I have made so many mistakes; especially here recently, that I can never atone for but if I’m out of the way then you all will be safe.

I love you Buffy Summers. You have a heart of gold and I hope someday you will find happiness with someone. Take care of everyone and let them take care of you too. They all love you and are always there for you. Just remember, you are never alone.

Please take care of Tara and remind her everyday that I love her. I’ll miss you dearly.

~Willow

She stood there in shock as a single tear fell from her face.
“Oh God.” She whispered out, dragging her feet as she made her way to the couch clinching the letter to her chest.

Dawn started sobbing again.

“What’s going on?” Tara asked.
The emotions of Dawn and Buffy were racking her senseless.

Buffy looked up at the blonde witch. “She left.” She said in a monotone voice.

Tara’s eyes glistened with unshed tears. “W-What?” She asked softly.
The air felt as if it were pushed from her lungs.

Dawn reached into her other pocket and handed Tara a letter.

Tara’s lip quivered as she saw her name on the front with a little heart underneath. She slowly opened the flap and removed the letter.

My darling Tara,

I will miss you so much. You are my heart and my soul. There are no words that will ever express the love I have for you. I know that this isn’t what you want to hear right now but this is the last time I will be able to say it.

The reason that I am leaving is because I do love you. I love you so much that I’m afraid I might hurt you again. I hope that makes sense. You are everything that I have ever wanted in life and to show my appreciation, I hurt you. I took your memories. I’m no better than Glory. You deserve someone that won’t betray your trust and that will treat you better than I did.

I left you something on the bed in our room. You gave it to me because you entrusted me with it. I am giving it back because I don’t deserve it anymore.

I will love you everyday and beyond my Tara.

~Willow

Tara dropped the letter on the floor. She quickly looked over at the couch and saw Dawn sitting there with her head lying in Buffy’s lap crying and saying ‘I didn‘t mean it. I didn‘t mean to make her leave.’

Tara rushed up the stairs and opened the bedroom door causing it to thud hard against the wall.

There on the bed laid the dolls eye crystal and two roses: one red, one yellow crossing at the stems.

Tara walked over and fell to her knees reaching out and taking the crystal in her hand. She placed it against her chest, lowered her head and screamed out her cry.

“Dawn, it isn’t your fault.” Buffy said trying to give her sister some form of comfort. Guilt filled the Slayer’s heart thinking that she was one of the reasons Willow left.

“But Buffy, I said all those mean things to her, and...” Dawn started crying again.

“But, she knew you didn’t mean it. I’m sure there were other reasons she left.” Buffy couldn’t help but shed her own tears. “She’ll come back.” Buffy took in a shuttering breath and whispered, “She has to.”

“And the Xan man makes his appearance along with his beautiful little demon.” Xander said as he walked into the house holding the door open for Anya.

“Oh, Xander. You say such sweet...” She stopped when she noticed the scene in the living room.

All four jumped when they heard a scream come from the upstairs.

Xander was the first to run up the steps. Buffy jumped up and ran after him.

“Xander wait!” She called for him.

He stopped at the top stair. “Buffy! What’s happening?!” He stared at the blonde then looked down the hallway at Willow’s room.

Buffy laid her hand on his arm. “Willow left.” She nodded her head towards the bedroom. “Tara’s in there.”

“What? She left? Where did she go?” He asked totally taken back.

“We don’t know.” Buffy said closing her eyes and shaking her head. “She left us letters. Dawn has yours.”

As fast as Xander ascended the stairs, he ran back down.

He sprinted over to the teenager. “Buffy said you had a letter for me from Will.”

Dawn nodded and picked up the letter off the coffee table she had laid there earlier.

Xander ripped open the envelope.

“Dear Xander,” He read out loud. “I want you to know that I love you. You have always been there for me. I am sorry for hurting you. When I talked to you earlier today, you made it clear that you wanted to stay away from me and I don’t blame you. Take care of everyone and take care of Anya. I have never seen you so happy with anyone until you found her. Tell her that I love her too. I wish you nothing but the best in life. I’ll miss you. Take care. Willow.”

Anya took the letter out of his hands and proceeded to read it for herself.

He turned to look at Buffy who sat on the stairs.

Dawn lowered her head. “It’s my fault.”

Xander looked at her then back to Buffy. “Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?!”

Buffy stood up and walked over to him. “I don’t know. She left a letter for me, Dawn and Tara as well. Not a clue saying where she went.” Buffy looked into his eyes. “What did you say to her on the phone?”

Xander eyes went wide and he held up his hands. “Nothing! I just told her that I would be over later.”

“That doesn’t make sense.” Anya said. “Why would she say that your phone call made her leave?”

“I don’t know.” A tear ran down his cheek.

“What did she say?” Buffy asked.

“She just acted strange, like she didn’t care.” Xander explained.

“And I told him that it was because of her withdrawals. People act strange when going through something like that.” Anya told her.

“Did she say anything else?” Buffy asked.

Xander thought for a minute. “Uh no.” He snapped his fingers. “She acted like she didn’t know it was me.”

Buffy crinkled her brows. “That’s odd.”

He shook his finger. “She didn’t sound like herself.”

Buffy crossed her arms. “Something’s going on you guys.” She looked up the stairs. “Anya, go get Tara. We need to talk.”

“Please fasten your seat belts. We will be making our descent to Harrisburg Pennsylvania airport shortly. Thank you for flying United Airlines.” The voice of the stewardess came over the speakers.

Willow fastened her belt and breathed in a nervous sigh. Tears came out the corner of her eyes as she stared out the window.

Tara placed a blanket over Dawn who had fallen asleep on the couch. She bent down and kissed the teenager on the head and stroked her hair.

G’night Dawnie.” Tara whispered.

Dawn grumbled in her sleep and snuggled down under the blanket.

“Tara.” Buffy whispered coming up behind her.

Tara nodded and followed the Slayer into the dining room.

“I don’t know what to look for.” Xander said flipping closed one book and opening another.

“Demons that intercept phone calls?” Buffy suggested shrugging her shoulders.

Anya rolled her eyes. “Yes. Let’s look at obscene phone calling demons. That should narrow our search.”

“And I’m sure they’ll fall under the same category as sex offender demons and HEY…would ya look at that? Your name happens to be at the TOP!” Buffy yelled.

Xander stood up. “We are not going to get anywhere by jumping down each other’s throats people!”

Tara took a book from the table and sat down. She stared at the pages but her eyes never scanned the first word.

“So how are we going to find her?” Buffy asked taking a seat.

Anya, Xander and Buffy stared at one another expecting one of them to answer.

Anya’s eyes widened. “Oh, I know!”

She stood up and swept her arm across the table causing the books and other objects to fly off. Buffy reached out in time to catch the centerpiece before it shattered on the floor.

Tara jumped out of her trance like state.

“Ahn, I really don’t think that’s gonna…” Xander said before being interrupted by his fiancé.

“Tara. Do the spell.” She said to the blonde witch.

“What spell?” Tara asked in confusion.

“The spell that you did when Xander and Willow were lost in the forest.” Anya said annoyed with Tara’s short memory.

“Oh!” Tara exclaimed in realization. “But you didn’t have to clear the table.” She looked around at the books scattered on the floor.

“It worked the last time so hop on missy.” Anya patted the table.

Tara carefully crawled on the table, blushing at the attention of the others in the room. She sat in a lotus position and closed her eyes. Picturing Willow in her mind she began to chant, “Aradia, here my words. I ask that you lead me to the other half of my heart.” Suddenly a tiny blue light emerged from her chest. It swirled around her body and quickly flew out the door.

“Now that was cool.” Buffy said as she watched Tara’s unmoving body. The blonde’s breathing was paced. Sweat was beading across her forehead. Buffy pulled a cloth napkin out of the china cabinet drawer. She approached Tara and raised her hand to wipe her forehead.

“NO!” Anya whispered loudly.

Buffy lowered her hand quickly.

“If you disturb her she could die.” Anya whispered again.

“Die? What kind of messed up spell is this?” Buffy whispered back.

“Her soul left her body. If you mess with her…” Anya waved her hands around the blonde’s still form, “she will die from the shock.”

“I was just going to wipe the sweat away.” Buffy said with worried eyes.

“One little thing, even if its sweat, slobber or urine is removed, she will go into initial shock of another presence. So no touching!” Anya whispered then put her finger up to her lips for the conversation to cease.

Buffy stepped back and nodded in understanding.

Tara’s presence floated around in the sky. Her initial feeling was for her to head east.
With lightning speed, she came upon an airplane. She bobbed up and down when she saw Willow with her head against the window, eyes closed.

Tara rammed herself through the glass to land on Willow’s nose.
Willow opened her eyes in surprise as she watched the little blue light do swirls and other uncoordinated movements.

Willow opened her hand and the little light landed in her palm. “Tara.” She bent her head down and kissed the little orb, feeling the tiniest wave of energy. “I love you.” A tear escaped her eye and landed in her hand. Tara rolled and swirled in the tear.
Willow smiled sadly as closed her hand and with a chant the little blue light disappeared.

Tara’s body shook and fell back on the table. She wrapped herself into a fetal position. “Willow!” She cried out.

Buffy was at her side instantly holding the woman. “Tara. Did you see her?” She asked softly.

Tara nodded and cried into her hands.

Buffy looked up at Xander and Anya. “This is so not good.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:57 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:sob :sob :cry :cry ok so finally someone says hay willow did not do this alone we are all guilty. it hurts but it is true willow needs help,trust. and most of all forgiveness i can see it will take time but i will hang on every word. You made me cry that is how good of a writer you are. :kitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:07 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

okay so id been out of town for a few days, and when i got back there was so much new stuff posted that it took me a few days to catch up and i just read this today. i have to say i loved it. its wonderful. great job.

writerfreak

Soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:32 pm 
3. Flaming O

Ok, I figured since I get a mention in the disclaimery credit bit that I should keep a track on everywhere the fics posted! Also it saves WW the job of reading me the updates.

WW, i totally love you and all the ideas and insanity you have in store for this, it IS going to be your best fic EVER!!!!!!!!!

To everyone else, this is gonna rock your sox but I wouldnt read it if you're sleepy coz you're gonna need all your wits about you.... you're in for a bumpy ride!!!!! Believe me, I know! :sh

Every time a fanfic earns a comment, a Beta gets her wings!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:46 pm 
9. Gay Now

Such a sad story :(.

Where is Willow going? Can Tara and Buffy and the scoobies track her down? Will she want to be found? If she is found, will they be able to help her? ...and would she come back?

Here's hoping for brighter days for our poor derailed wiccan.

db

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:46 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Oh my gosh. I sat there and had to let that sink in. Amazing, yet sad update. The emotion between Tara and Willow, when she found her on the plane, just comes to show how much Willow is hurting for her spuratic move.

Okay, I suck at feedback, I'll get to the point. Loved the update and anxiously waiting for another. Hope to see more soon. Take care and smiles. =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:14 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Awwwww...... :aww. i hope they go after her. they have to! great update

- Mudrat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:57 am 
5. Willowhand

That was excellent - and so heartbreaking. :cry

What always puzzles me is that the Scooby's always seem to realise that Willow needs help after Willow has left. I wish that somebody would give them a clue!

Anyway, I'm still intrigued by those phonecalls. I'm hoping that Willow has gone away to sort herself out. And finally, that Buffy and the Gang get their arses into gear and start a serious search for my favourite redhead. I don't suppose that Tara picked up any information about the flight that Willow was on when she was doing the 'Tinkerbell' thing.

Looking forward to the next update. :bounce

Caz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:23 pm 
23. Volumey Text

That was a great update. It's good that the scoobies have figured out someone drove Willow away, and are trying to find her.

I hope Tara found something out from her spell to make the risk worthwhile. Someone touching her could kill her? What would happen if a fly landed on her during the spell? Definitely not a spell to use lightly.

Looking forward to more

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:12 pm 
8. Vixen

You made me cry :( That proves that you are an amazing writer.
So I am assuming Willow is hearing what she thinks she deserves? Or something like that? think the same that happened with that phone call happened again when Willow overheard Buffy & Dawn talk about Tara's suicide attemtpt.
What's in Pennsylvania?
Great story - more soon?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:19 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

[center]Usus ad Obsurum
By Robbie Kelly
Willow Watcher
© June 2006[/center]

Chapter 4

“You were there, looking for me?”

“I found you.”

“OH GOD!!! TARA! YES BABY!”

“The hotness of you doofus.”

“I love you.”

“Willow! Tara sat straight up on the couch.

“Hey. It’s OK.” Buffy said as she was by the blonde in seconds.

Tara looked around looking at the people standing over her. “Wh-wha…”

“It’s OK.” Buffy told her again putting an arm around her.

Tara let the comforting touch of the Slayer calm her. “Buffy, what happened?”

“Oh, you did the Aradia spell, and then you screamed and fell back on the table and passed out. And then you started calling out Willow’s name like I say Xander’s when he gives me orgasms.” Anya clarified smiling. Everyone gave her a glare. “What? I was being informative.” She crossed her arms and huffed.

“Here Tara.” Dawn’s worried voice came up behind her sister handing over a bottle of water.

“Thank you.” Tara took the lid off with a shaking hand and downed half of the refreshing fluid. Taking in a sharp breath, she held the bottle to her forehead and closed her eyes.

“Headache?” Buffy asked.

Tara nodded and she heard the padding of Dawn’s feet rush out of the room.

Buffy smiled at the attentive gesture that her sister was displaying. She turned her attention back to Tara.
“Did you see Willow?”

Tara nodded. She opened her teary eyes. “She just…she sent me back.” Tears streaked her face.

“Did you see anything else?” Buffy hated to drill the distraught blonde but it was imperative to find out what they could.

“She was in an airplane and she was so sad Buffy.” Tara turned her head and cried on the Slayer’s shoulder.

Dawn ran over to the couch. “Here.” She said in a small voice handing aspirin over to her sister. .

Buffy nodded her thanks and handed Tara the pills. “Take these.”
As soon as Tara took the pills from her hand, Buffy looked up at Xander. “I want you to call the airport and find out what flight Willow left on.”

Xander nodded and walked over to the telephone.

“Buffy?” Tara sat up.

Buffy looked at the witch.

“There’s something happening. I could feel it surrounding Willow. It’s dark. Really dark.”

“That’s the residual darkness from her use of black magic.” Anya said.

“No. This was something bigger.” She looked at Anya then back to Buffy. “Something huge.”

“Do you know what it was?” The Slayer asked with wide eyes.

Tara shook her head and lowered her eyes. “No.”

Buffy noticed that look. The look of total disappointment. She put a hand on Tara’s shoulder. “We’ll find her I promise.”

Buffy stood up and looked over at Xander.

“OK thanks.” He said finishing up his call. He laid the receiver down and sighed. “They said they have no record of Willow getting on a plane.”

“What?” Buffy asked.

“She could have covered it to where no one could find her.” Dawn suggested.

Buffy nodded her head. “Maybe, but how do we find out?”

“Call Giles!” Anya shouted out. “He always knows.”

“Anya, I am not calling Giles. It’s like four in the morning there.” Buffy protested.

“I think Ahn’s right Buff.” Xander said standing beside his future wife.

Buffy sighed and closed her eyes and thought. They were out of options. The only ones that could ever find out any information like this were Giles and Willow. She was the Slayer and her job was with the killing, Xander with the rebuilding and his fighting skills weren’t bad, Anya with her knowledge of demons, Tara was a good witch but there was a limit to what she could do and Dawn; once the key to opening dimensions was now a teenager and has seen too many things in her short life.

Buffy sighed again and looked at Xander. “Alright.”

He smiled and walked over to the phone.

Willow picked up her keys to her rental car. She turned around and then back to the clerk.

“Hey, how much is a map?”

The woman smiled sweetly and handed Willow a road atlas. “Take it.”

“Thanks.” Willow gave a quick smile back and walked away. She took a seat on a bench and looked through the pages until she found the state of Pennsylvania. She traced her finger from Harrisburg down the interstate. She poked the page. “There you are. Easy to find. Right down the page.” She smiled and tucked the book under her arm and wheeled her luggage out the door.

The clerk at the desk watched as the redhead walked out the door. She nodded her head and smiled devilishly. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she fell on the floor unconscious.

Xander hung up the phone with a slam. “Damn it!”

“Is there a reason people don’t like my phones?” Buffy asked crossing her arms.

“He isn’t there. I’ve tried all the numbers he left us and nothing, nada.” Xander told her.

Buffy blew out a breath. She turned around to the rest of the group. Dawn had fallen asleep in Tara’s lap on the couch and the witch had her head leaned back on the cushions asleep as well. Anya was in the chair snoring quietly but the sound was getting louder.
“I think we should call it a night.” She looked back at the carpenter. He rubbed his tired eyes and nodded his head.

“I’ll be back first thing in the morning after I drop Anya off at the shop.” He walked over and put his hand on Buffy’s shoulder. “We’ll find her and we’ll find Giles. People don’t fall off the face of the earth without someone knowing.” He gave her a grin and walked over to Anya.

Buffy walked over to Tara and Dawn. “Hey.” She patted Tara on the arm.

Tara raised her head and smiled. She her smile grew when she felt the weight of Dawn’s head in her lap. She looked down and stroked the long brown hair. Dawn snuggled into Tara more.

“She’s missed you.” Buffy told her. “We all have.”

Tara looked into the hazel eyes of the Slayer. There was the understanding there between the two women who have learned to confide in one another on more than one occasion.

“It’s time to go to bed. You can stay here.” Buffy said tapping Dawn on the shoulder. “C’mon peanut, time to go to bed.”

“Mm no pea-mut.” Dawn mumbled and frowned.

Buffy silently laughed. She bent down and without any effort picked up the girl and headed upstairs.

Anya rose from the chair and stretched out and hugged closer to Xander.

“I’ll be here tomorrow morning bright and early.” He told Tara.

Tara frowned and nodded her head. “Thank you.”

“No thanks needed. She’s Willow ya know.” He said and smiled.

“Yeah.” Tara leaned against the arm of the couch and stared off.

Buffy came walking down the stairs. “Get some sleep and…” She stopped when she heard a weak knock on the door. Buffy looked around. Everyone’s eyes looked at her.

The Slayer grabbed a sword she always kept hidden behind the curtains in the dining room. She cautiously opened the door with the sword drawn back to stab any intruder who could pose a threat.

“Amy?” She said looking at the woman who was lying on her stomach. Buffy dropped her sword and lifted the woman up.

Amy was beaten badly. Her right eye was swollen shut with the other one barely visible behind the swelling flesh, her lip bleeding in multiple places. Her arm was broken badly and dislocated from her shoulder. It looked as though not one place on her wasn’t beaten.

“Buffy.” Amy whispered out, blood coming out of her mouth.

“Oh God.” Xander whispered.

Tara walked over and helped Buffy carry Amy to the couch and carefully laid her down.

“What happened?” Buffy asked. “Who did this?”
Guilt ran through the Slayer. She remember just a few nights ago how badly she wanted to beat this woman for introducing Willow to Rack, but nothing compared to this. The once dear friend of Willow and Xander laid there on her couch in a broken bloody mess.

“Xander, get me the medical pack.” Buffy requested.

“NO!” Amy yelled out with an incredible amount of strength. She cringed as she held onto her sides. “There’s no time.”

Tears sprung to the eyes of everyone in the room.

“Amy, who did this?” Tara asked in her calming voice.

“Rack.” She coughed sending a spray of blood on the carpet. “He’s…Willow…” She cringed again and took in a shuttering breath.

“We need to get her to the hospital now.” Buffy said. “Xander, get your car.” She looked down at Amy. “We’re going to take you to the hospital OK. You’ll be alright.” The Slayer was panicked.

Amy looked at Tara. “Forgive me.”

“Amy?” Buffy said in a child like voice.

Amy’s head lolled back and she exhaled a slow final breath.

Tara closed her eyes and wept.

An explosion sent the group flying across the room in an enormous heap. Buffy looked up and saw a transparent grey figure hovering over Amy’s body. It tilted its head to the side as if studying the Slayer. The creature threw its head back and let out an ear piercing scream and then vanished.

Buffy was on her feet in seconds. She looked around but there was no Amy, no blood, nothing. She looked back at Xander, Anya and Tara getting to their feet.

Tara walked closer to the couch and extended her hand. She closed her eyes and smelled the air. Her eyes opened and she snapped her head towards Buffy.

“Let’s go see Rack.” The blonde witch said with a snarl.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:39 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

great update! i'm loving this story

- Mudrat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:06 am 
9. Gay Now

Ooooooh. Tara is *pissed*.

Don't think I've seen Tara really really pissed before - more sad or scared or stoic or dissapointed - but this. This seems like the real deal.

...and Willow. She is so desolate and lost. The Scoobies need to get working on this right now. Sooner maybe.

...and where is Giles at 4am.

Excellent update!

db