The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Usus ad Obsurum (Possessor of Darkness)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:29 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Wow! This is great! I just found it and I'm already addicted! Not like dark magic tho.... hehe. Keep it up! I want to know what happens next!

Amberslover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:17 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

This is an awesome fic ! You have done so much with it. I am looking forward to more!!!!!!! :kdevil

All my love,

Jen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:04 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

WOW! I don't know how to explain it. Worried? Curious? Sad and mad? Maybe all of the above. All I know is that I could really use another update soon. Willow's letter to Giles really made me think back many many seasons ago and think and replay situations of them two, together. What a touching letter. But I am so curious on what's happening. And just like good ole times....

Quote:
“Apparently the end of the world.” Giles said solemnly.

“AGAIN?!”

Great work, hope to see more soon. Take care and smiles. =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:34 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Good Start. It's making me emotional. Hope to see more.

:sigh

By the Power of Grayskull!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:03 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Here's chapter 8. The same disclaimers apply. Thanks to EVERYONE for the feedback. I hope you are enjoying this story. :peace

Chapter 8

Buffy stood at the back doorway watching the hue of purple and orange splay against the clouds in the sky as the sun was beginning to shine over the horizon.

“Breathtaking isn’t it?” She asked when she heard Giles walk into the kitchen.

“Yes, quite.” He replied getting a cup of coffee. Taking a drink from his cup, he cringed at the taste.

Buffy turned around. She gave a tiny smile. “There is tea in the cabinet. Never brought it to myself to throw it away.”

Giles smiled and nodded his gratitude and poured the coffee into the sink and proceeded to make his favorite ‘Earl Grey Tea’.”

Buffy closed the door and leaned against the counter in the middle of the kitchen. “How’s Tara?”

“In a fitful rest but otherwise fine.”

“Giles this is bad isn’t it?” The Slayer asked looking at the door and then back to her ex-watcher.

“Yes however I know you can defeat it.” He replied with a smile.

Buffy moved in closer to him. “I had a dream Giles about Willow.” She saw his brow raised in question. “It was before she left. This involves her too doesn’t it?”

“There was one thing that the coven told me which immediately sent me here.” He cleared his throat. “Usus ad Obsurum; Possessor of Darkness.”

Buffy raised her brows. “And Will is the darkness isn’t she?”

Giles looked down. “I thought I could get here in time before she left.” He looked into Buffy’s eyes. “Yes, she is the darkness.”

“You knew! Couldn’t you have called and said something like ‘Buffy, be certain that Willow doesn’t leave Sunnydale or the world will be doomed?” She asked in a mock English accent.

“I have been trying to phone since early yesterday morning. All that I would hear is that annoying busy signal.” He defended himself.

Buffy walked over to the phone and picked up the receiver. She held it to her ear and heard the buzzing of a dial tone. She looked over at Giles. “There’s nothing wrong with it.” She placed it back down. “How many times did you try to call?”

“I called before I left England and every ten minutes by using the phone on the plane.”

The Slayer sighed. “My dream is coming true, isn’t it?”
Giles nodded his head.
“I’m going to have to kill her aren’t I?”

“Let’s not jump to conclusions Buffy. We don’t know if the coven is accurate and as far as your dream, it isn’t certain that you are on the mark with that one either.” Giles said trying to ease Buffy’s fears but knowing that the coven was rarely wrong and as far as his Slayer was concerned, her prophetic dreams generally came true as well.

“In order to save the world, AGAIN, I’m going to have to kill my best friend.” Buffy stated knowing in her gut that this was a possibility. She rubbed her temples. “I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it. Even if the world is in danger, I can’t imagine driving a sword through Willow to save it.”

Giles placed his hand on her shoulder. “If the time comes, you will make the right decision. You know your calling in this life.”

Buffy shrugged his hand off. “I know my damn calling! You don’t have to remind me of that every time I fucking turn around!”

Giles took a step back.

Buffy took in a calming breath. “Sorry.”

He turned and prepared his tea.

“I killed the love of my life to save the world, Giles.” Tears came to the Slayer’s eyes. “If I have to kill her, I will.” She said sadly.

“You will not lay one hand on Willow as long as I live and breathe.”
Buffy turned her attention to the door where Tara stood. The blonde witch walked over to the Slayer looking down at her.

Buffy looked up into her eyes. “Do you honestly think that I want too?” Tears streamed down her face. “I love Willow more than anything and you think it would make me feel better knowing that I might have to face her and possibly kill her?”

“And if you try, I’ll stop you. You will have to kill me first.” Tara cocked her head to the side and crossed her arms. “Understood?”

Buffy nodded and wiped her eyes. “Understood.”

Willow woke up, gagging at the tart, salty, thick taste that was in her mouth. Sprinting to the bathroom, she spilled out the contents of her stomach, finding that most of it was black.
“Eugh!” She shook her head back and forth, shivering with the taste that remained in her mouth.

With her legs shaking, she managed to walk over to the sink and place her mouth under the running water. Raising her head, she noticed the streak of blood that came out from under her red hair. She cringed as she touched the tender wound. She took a wash cloth and cleaned her face.
Walking into the bedroom, she noticed the lamp that was shattered on the floor.

“How the heck did that happen?” She tried to remember the last night’s events, but nothing came to mind except waking up to find Jerry taking care of her.
She smiled at the idea that she had found a new friend but her smile faded thinking of the friends she left behind. No one could take their place.

A knock came upon the front door. Willow made her way through the house and opened the door.

Jerry stood there with a smile on his face. “Good morning.” He looked at the redhead. “Are you alright?” He asked noticing the blood that ran down her face.

Willow reached up and touched the wound only to discover it was bleeding again.
“Oh, I uh fell last night and hit my head, again.” She blushed with embarrassment.

“I think we should have the doc look at it.” Jerry told her.

“No, that’s alright. Oddly enough, I’m kinda used to it.” She opened the door wider for the man to enter.

Jerry stepped in. “That looks purtty bad. I wish you would go see the doc. He’s good, ya know.”

Willow smiled at his concern. “Really, I’m fine.”

Jerry looked down then back up. His brown eyes looked into her green ones. “I know it ain’t for me to say, seein’ that you just met me last night n’all, but it’ll make me feel better.”

Willow smiled even more. “OK. Give me a few minutes to get my things.”

Jerry beamed. “I’ll just wait outside.”

Willow giggled as she watched him practically skip out the door.

“Research? I think we should go out and find Willow and drag her butt back here instead of sitting down looking through musty old books.” Anya complained throwing a book on the table.

The group had decided that, although Giles had brought text with him, there wasn’t enough information.
Sitting around the table in the Magic Box, everyone flipped through books that had seemed to pile up to a considerable amount.

“And where do you suggest we start looking?” Giles asked looking at the ex-demon.

“Tara said that she was headed east and you did too. I would start there.” Anya said crossing her arms.

“Yes. Buffy and I will start looking in Florida, while the rest of you start looking in New York.” He said flippantly.

Anya rubbed her hands together. “Now we have a plan.” She patted Giles on the shoulder. “Good suggestion.”

“Ahn that would take months, maybe years and we don’t have that kind of time.” Xander said with reason.

“Speaking of, how much time do we have Giles?” Buffy asked looking up from her book.

“Not long I’m afraid.” He looked at Tara. “Is there a more powerful locater spell that might come to mind?”

Tara thought a minute. She nodded her head. “Yes, b-but it’s dangerous.”

Giles tilted his head. “How so?”

“My mind would become the same with hers. I would see everything she does and her memories.” Tara furrowed her brow.

“Well, turn about is fair play. She manipulated your mind so search through that head of hers. Get some answers.” Anya said with a smile.

Giles shook his head. “What are the risk?”

“If anything happens to her, it would happen to me too.” Tara said almost in a whisper.

“No way! Nuh uh! I will NOT let anything happen to you!” Buffy said slamming her book on the table and pounding her fist against it.

Giles frowned at the abuse the volume was given.

“Willow is in danger and I won’t put you in it too.” The Slayer crossed her arms.

“Buffy, there may not be any other way. If I don’t do this, then we may never find her until,” Tara swallowed down the lump in her throat. “she finds us.”
She shivered thinking about the destruction that her lover could possibly cause.

“Well, look some more. There has to be another way.” Xander piped in.

Tara smiled at the love these people had for her. She nodded her head in agreement. Rising from her seat, she headed to the upstairs stacks to look through the collection of magic books there.

The bell over the door rang. Dawn walked in with her arms full of doughnuts and coffee. She struggled but managed to balance the cargo safely to the table. “That is the last time I go for food!”

“Ooo, sugar!” Anya exclaimed coming out from behind the counter. She looked at Dawn. “You should be given a tip.”

Dawn smiled at the thought.

“Never eat yellow snow.” Xander said as she pulled a doughnut out of the box and grabbed a cup of coffee.

Dawn rolled her eyes. She looked around the room. “Where’s Tara?”

“She’s up in the stacks.” Buffy told her grabbing her own food.

Dawn made her way up the steps. She sat down next to the blonde. “Hi.”

Tara looked up from the page she was reading and softly smiled. “Hey Dawnie.”

“What are you doing?” The teenager asked looking at the book in Tara’s hands.

“I’m looking for a spell to find Willow since the last one didn’t work.” Tara replied pulling another book from the shelf.

“Can I help?” Dawn asked.

Tara smiled sadly. “I wouldn’t mind but Buffy might not like it.”

“BUFFY!” Dawn shouted down at her sister. “CAN I HELP TARA LOOK FOR THE SPELL?”

“You can look but don’t touch anything other than books.” The Slayer answered.

Dawn turned back to Tara. “What exactly are we looking for?” She smiled.

Tara knew that she needed to feel useful. “Dawn, it’s not your fault that Willow left. You know that right?”

Dawn looked down. “I feel responsible. I mean I know I didn’t push her out the door but the things I said, Tara, I know they hurt her.”

“Dawn, sometimes people say things they don’t mean.”

The teenager’s shoulders dropped. She looked up at the blonde. “I was just so mad at her for making you leave and hurting me and everyone else.”

“I was mad too but something else made her leave.” Tara stroked the brunette’s hair. “She knows that you love her and no matter what you said it didn’t cause her to go. OK.”

Dawn smiled convinced by her friends/surrogate mother’s words that it was true.

“Now,” Tara handed over a book. “look for a guiding spell.” She smiled when Dawn practically jerked the book out of her hands and flipped through the pages.

The doctor walked into the exam room that Willow was sitting in.

He looked at the redhead and then his chart. “Miss Rosenberg?”

Willow held out her hand but dropped it when the doctor turned to write in the file.

“I’m Doctor Miller.” He put a pair of latex exam gloves on and pulled Willow’s hair back.

Willow hissed when he prodded the wound.

“It seems to have healed mostly. Have you experienced dizziness or nausea?” He asked looking down into her eyes.

“Nausea this morning.” Willow replied.

“Uh huh. Well, I’m going to give you something for that.” He wrote in the chart again.
“I believe we’re done.” He pulled the gloves off and held out his hand.

Willow smiled and took his hand in hers.
Nausea overwhelmed her again and her eyes became unfocused.

“Miss Rosenberg?” She heard the doctor say her name but it was merely a faint echo to her ears.

Willow blinked her eyes.

The doctor jerked her closer to him. “You will submit. There is no stopping us.”

Willow looked up into his glowing red eyes and succumbed to the darkness that overwhelmed her.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:24 pm 
9. Gay Now

oooh. It is malevolent mind-violating-conspirators! Trying to turn Willow into an evil person who will destroy the world? Whatever, they are yucky.

Buffy is in an untenable position, and it seems clear that Tara has drawn a line in the sand about hurting Willow - that's good, but what about the *world*?

The have to save her!

...even if she is saved, I'm guessing the experience is gunna leave Willow with a little more than distaste at the thought of mind manipulation, I'm thinking anyway.

I don't like Jerry - he's a bad egg and they are doing bad stuff to Wilow and Tara needs to find her and save her *right now*.

db

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:12 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

OH GOOD GOSH!!! This is getting good. I'm loving the suspense and build up. Anyhoo, I won't bore you with my sad excuse for feedback. I love the story and can't wait to see more. Keep up the great work! Smiles. =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:59 pm 
8. Vixen

How the heck did Willow manage to run away from the people who care straight into the arms of the ones who need her to destroy the world or do some other nasty work? That Jerry is one creepy guy.
I kinda hope that Tara will do that dangerous spell so they can solve the riddle.
Keep it up!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:45 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hollymolly! Wohohoooo I'm so in love with this fic. Things got darker. The scoobies are unsure about what to do. And all is very well written.
Will Tara do that spell at last? If she does it will be troublesome for her and Willow too. But it will added a new concept and understanding for our two witches.
Keep it up. And update soon, please.I can't wait for more.
Great work :peace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:21 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

(finish reading) ....and that is why i don't like doctors.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:07 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Oooooh!!!!!!! This is really getting good!!!!! Hurry with a new update!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:20 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

hmm plz continue!! :)
Erin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:55 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

All disclaimers still apply.

Thanks to everyone for leaving thier feedback. You all rock! :peace

Chapter 9

Buffy’s eyes widened as she read. She flipped the page and traced her fingers down the passage. She picked up another book that was earlier discarded at her side.
Looking through the pages, her head shot up.
“Guys, I found something.”

“The next sale at Shoe World?” Xander quipped not looking up from his book.

Dawn giggled.

Buffy leered at him then pushed the book towards Giles.

Giles looked up from the text to his former charge. “The Seven Gates of Hell?” He questioned.

“That’s what Rack said. He said ‘seven gates of hell call me’ and then he called that ass cloth demon.” Buffy informed him.

Giles brows shot up. “Pardon?”

“Oh you mean Ascaroth!” Anya exclaimed.

Buffy nodded.

“That’s bad. I mean really bad.” Anya sighed.

“Who is Ascaroth?” Giles asked.

“More along the lines of what instead of who. Ascaroth is a lower breed of demons that are informers and used to bring out the fear of humans through their worst nightmares.” Anya clarified.

“Well you saw it or one of them take Amy. Why didn’t you say something then?” Buffy asked crossing her arms.

“I didn’t recognize it because they are shape shifters. They can take any form they want too, even human form.”

Willow groaned as she opened her eyes. She squinted as the bright florescent lights assaulted her vision.
Sitting up she saw a woman sitting in a chair across the room.
“Excuse me.”

The woman looked up from the book she was reading and smiled at Willow.
“Glad to see you awake.” She walked over to Willow and checked her pulse.

Willow looked around. “Where am I?”

“Oh, you are in the emergency room at the hospital. I’ll let Dr. Miller know you’re awake. You stay here.” The nurse walked out of the room.

Willow held her head in her hands. Her memory was fuzzy but flashes of Dr. Miller came to her mind.
Her head shot up and with wide eyes she rushed from the room.

Looking around the halls for an exit she saw Jerry sitting in the waiting room.

“Psst! Jerry!” Willow said from around the corner.

Jerry’s head turned in her direction. He smiled and got to his feet.
“Hey there. You feelin’ better?”

Willow pulled him around the corner. She looked back down the hall to make sure no one else was coming. Turning her attention to the man she gave a paranoid look.
“You have to get me out of here. Something’s wrong.”

He tilted his head. “Whatcha mean?”

“Believe me when I tell you that demons are real and Dr. Miller is one.” She said looking down the hall again.

Jerry stood there scratching his head.
“Ya sure ya didn’t bump that head a little too hard last night?”

Willow sighed. She looked around the corner again when she heard voices. She pulled Jerry into a ‘Maintenance’ closet.
Closing the door she turned on the light and looked at him.
“Listen to me Jer. I know it’s hard to understand this but demons are real. Vampires are real. Ghosts are real. Everything you heard as a child about the boogy man, well he’s real too, until Buffy killed him but that’s not the point.”

“Willow, I’m thinkin’ you might wanna go back into yer room and let the doc give ya some medicine.” Jerry said with wide eyes.

“Alright, just never mind. You have to get me out of here. I need to go back to my cabin, pack my stuff and get the hell out of dodge.” Willow pleaded.

Jerry stood upright. “We cannot let you leave.” He said in a deep growling voice.

Willow backed up when she saw his glowing red eyes. “Oh shit.”

“So being a lower class of demon, who do they inform?” Giles asked Anya.

“That could be anyone. They have many masters.” Anya eyes widened. She walked over to the pile of books and threw volume after volume until she found the one. She flipped to the middle, turned a few more pages and slapped the book on the table.

“Frustrations, fear, miseries, million ghosts that live to serve me and that force me to the force to destroy all
beautiful beings that surrounds to me, all the beautiful things that I have gotten to look for. Seven gates
open to a hell that will bring forth my beauty. Death and destruction.

In where demons it is the cure, in where demons I find the virtue that only one will encounter. Once again something vanishes between the hands. Something fact of dreams. I am the possessor of darkness. I will come to be at the most vulnerable of the one. And when I rise the world will cower at the mention of my unholy name, Abaddon”
Anya read out loud.

She swallowed hard. “We’re screwed.”

Willow backed up until a shelf kept her from going any further.
“Now look, I don’t know what’s going on here but you need to just let me go.” She jutted out her chin. “Besides, my best friend is the Slayer and she will so kick your ass.”

Jerry threw his head back and let out a throaty laugh. “They don’t know where you are little one.” He reached forward but Willow dodged his touch.

“I don’t think so hick boy.” Grabbing a metal pipe from the shelf, she smashed it against Jerry’s head with a loud crunch.

The man went down instantly collapsing to the floor.

Willow poked his body with the pipe. Satisfied that she didn’t see him move, she made her way over to the door, turned off the light and started to walk out.

“WE HAVE A CODE BLACK IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM! CODE BLACK IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM!” A voice shouted through the intercom system.

Willow backed into the closet hearing people running down the hallway. “Great.”

She turned when she heard a moan coming from the corner. Quickly she turned on the light and picked up the metal pipe.

Jerry was moving slowly and tried his best to get into a sitting position.

Willow swung down again. “When…I…hit…you…you’re…supposed…to…stay…down!” She hit him with every word she spoke.

Blood splattered across the walls and on Willow.

“Eww!” She picked up a cleaning cloth and wiped her face.

Willow held her body against the door when she heard voices outside.

“Abadon is not going to be pleased if she isn’t found.” Willow heard the familiar voice of Dr. Miller.

“We’re still looking. Give us a little time.” A female voice responded.

“Time is something we are running out of. Find her and bring her to me.” Dr. Miller ordered.

Willow held her head with her hand. “This is so not good.” She looked around the room for something, anything to help her out.

She smiled when she noticed a pair of overhauls and a hat hanging in a corner.
“This should work nicely.”

Slipping the overhauls over her clothes, she tucked her fiery red hair under the hat.

Grabbing a bucket and a mop, she walked out of the room.

Giles picked the book up. “Two can defeat Abaddon. One born again from blood where death is the key and brought to life again. The other is born in the faith from birth.”

“Well what the heck is that supposed to mean?” Xander asked.

“I don’t know.” Giles said placing the book back on the table.

Tara stood up. “Excuse me.” She said as she walked up the stairs to the stacks.

“Well I was born again from blood and brought to life again so it’s obvious it’s me.” Buffy said as she stood up and stretched. “Ready, willing and able to kick demon ass.”

“Perhaps it refers to you, Buffy but we are uncertain. More research is in order.” Giles told his former charge.

Xander sighed. “Of course more research is in order.”

Giles placed a new book in front of Xander. “Have a wonderful time.”

Xander grumbled and opened the book.

Willow ran down the road as fast as she could not looking back.
She stopped behind a huge pine tree and sat down. Her heart beat was racing but not from the run.

She felt it again. The pull of dark magic.

Willow covered her ears. “Stop it.” She said through gritted teeth.

“Willow. We need you.” The haunting voices beckoned her.

Willow rocked back and forth. “No.” She whimpered. Tears streamed down her freckled cheeks.

A rush of power surged through her causing her to fall back against the tree. White lights swirled her vision. She closed her eyes but to no avail they assaulted the darkness behind her eye lids.

“What do you want from me?!” She yelled causing the birds in the tree to fly away.

The earth beneath her shook violently. Willow got to her feet within seconds and held to the tree for support.

In the distance she could feel the presence of darkness. Try as she might, her feet would not run from it. Instead they carried her to it.

Last edited by Willow Watcher on Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:20 pm 
9. Gay Now

No! Willow!! Stop! Don't follow the dark voices :(.

Wah! She was doing so well -- she figured out that Dr. Miller and Jerry were demons and totally outwitted them and kicked Jerry's ass...

and now she's following the dark voices?!?!!

no no no no no.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:06 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

...stuped feet..don't listen to the darkness...listen to willow...

damn, that Abaddon guy sounds really bad. hope they make it out okay... =S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:17 pm 
8. Vixen

Willow, get a clue! Hearing voices is a BAD sign :)
Quote:
She swallowed hard. “We’re screwed.”

If even Anya thinks so... oh boy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:01 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hurry up with another update! Run Willow run!!!!!!! :pinky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:03 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I want to say to every single one of you ALL how much I appreciate your feedback.
This type of story is something that I have tried to write before, ya know the horror kind, but I never really succeeded. However, I hope this comes out if anything freaky! I'll settle for freaky!

Once again, You Guys Totally Rock!!!! >:)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:24 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Chapter 10

“Found anything?” Buffy asked coming out from the training room.

“Quite a lot actually.” Giles replied writing more notes down on a pad of paper.

Buffy plopped down in a chair. “Tell me whatcha got.”

“What I have discovered is very interesting.” Giles said still reading the book.

“Sooo, you’ve discovered a lot of interesting stuff?” Buffy asked hoping to coax some kind of answers from the man.

“Humm? Oh yes. This has to do with the seven gates of hell you discovered. Apparently, each gate represents the seven deadly sins.

“Bad hair day, wrong nail polish, out of fashion clothes, non matching shoes…

“The evil deadly sins Dawn.” Giles said with annoyance.

“To a teenage girl those are the evil deadly sins.” She said crossing her arms.

Buffy smiled and turned her attention back to Giles. “Go on.”

Giles opened his mouth to speak as the telephone rang.

Anya answered cheerfully. “Magic Box! Your one stop shop for…Yes, hold on.” She placed her hand over the receiver. “Giles it’s for you.”

Giles walked from the table to the phone. “Hello...Ah, Mister Rosenberg, how are you this…” He listened attentively. “Dear Lord.”
Buffy’s eyes widened as she walked over. “Is it Willow?” She whispered.

Giles held up his hand. “How did it happen?”

Tara came down the steps. Dawn looked at her with worriment. “What’s wrong Dawn?”

She looked over at Giles. “It’s Willow’s dad.”

Tara’s heart shattered. She knew something was bad seeing Giles’ body language and the fact that he was cleaning his glasses.

“My condolences Mister Rosenberg. Is there anything we can do?” He asked placing his glasses back on. “When I see Willow, I will tell her. Goodbye.” He hung up the phone looking at the device.

Tara was relieved that Mister Rosenberg didn’t call saying something happened to her love, but something else was pulling at her nerves.

“What is it Giles?” Buffy asked.

Giles tilted his head towards the Slayer. “Willow’s uncle has been killed.”

Tara walked further into the room. “H-how?”

“His heart was ripped from his chest.”

Willow’s legs hurt from her long torturous walk.

“Come to us.”

“No.” Willow whispered.

“You can’t stop us. We are everywhere. We are in you.”

Willow saw a black deer run in front of her. It stopped suddenly. Looking at the woman, its head twisted around making its antlers point to the ground and its nose to the sky. Willow whimpered at the ungodly scene but she couldn’t stop or run away. The pull of darkness was too strong forcing her to continue.

Screams were heard deep into the woods that surrounded her. Screams of torture. Screams of pleading.

“It’s time. It’s time.” Voices screamed out followed by ghostly apparitions swirling around each other. “Help us Willow.”

Willow felt eyes from every direction upon her. She turned her head but nothing was there. Walking further, she saw in the far distance a tall stone wall. Fear ran through her veins.

“That’s what happened to Rack!” Buffy yelled heading back to the table. She picked up Giles’ note pad and shook it at him. “Tell me what you found, now!”

Giles walked over to the table and gently took the pad out of her hand. “Buffy I am aware of the importance of the situation as much as you are but we cannot loose our heads. This is a very apprehensive time. To approach it incorrectly will lead to disaster and that is what we are trying to prevent.”

“Mr. Giles, please!” Tara pleaded with the Watcher.

“Sit.” He ordered calmly. Everyone took their place around the table.

“The seven deadly sins are Pride, Envy, Anger, Sloth, Greed, Gluttony and Lust. There is a limited text here but I will search…” Giles stopped. He stood up and looked at the bookshelf behind Buffy. All eyes followed him.
Standing there, he removed a book from the shelf. “This is odd.”
He returned to the table. “This book, where did it come from?” He pointedly asked Anya.

She took the book from his hand. “I thought you ordered it. I found it on the counter yesterday morning when I came in so naturally I priced it and put it on the shelf.”

Buffy looked at Tara. Tears ran down the blonde witch’s face.
“Tara, what’s wrong.”

Tara didn’t say word. Rising up from the table she took the book out of Anya’s hands.

“If you wanted to look at it Miss Grabby Hands all you had to do was ask.” The ex-demon huffed. She crinkled her brows together when she noticed how Tara was stroking the Celtic cross emblem on the front cover.

“Do you know who sent this book?” Giles asked her.

Tara sat down and nodded her head.
“M-my M-mom.”

Willow collapsed to her knees. “Leave me alone, please. I don’t want this. I quit. I don’t want it anymore. Leave me alone!” She cried out.

“Wil-low.”

“Tara?” Willow looked around her. “Tara, baby where are you?” Her body shook with fear hearing the haunting sing song voice.

Silence consumed the area around Willow as she stood up. “Tara?”

“WILLOW!” Tara’s voice screamed in horror.

“TARA!” Willow ran as fast as she could towards the gate.

“How did…” Xander started to ask when Tara interrupted him.

“I don’t know.” She said.

“There must be a logical explanation. Perhaps your Father sent it here.” Giles reasoned.

Tara shook her head. “He destroyed everything of hers that dealt with Wicca after she died.” She looked down at the book. “Or so I thought.”

“Are you sure it is hers?” Buffy asked looking over Tara’s shoulder.

Tara nodded. She opened the cover to reveal a page with an inscription inside.

My Dear Tara,
This will guide you through the most important journey in your life. The journey of your heart. Always remember the meaning of the cross.

Tara looked up. “Mind, body, soul and heart.” Her eyes returned to the book.

It will protect you.
I will always love you,
Mama

Fresh tears stung Tara’s eyes.

“Ahn honey, you put a price on Tara’s Mom’s book?” Xander asked looking at his fiancé.

“Well, I didn’t know it was hers and that inscription wasn’t in there yesterday and it’s in an old ancient language.” Anya said defensively.

Giles placed his hand on the blonde witch’s arm. “Tara, do you need a moment for yourself.”

Tara sniffed and wiped her eyes. “No. We have to find Willow.” She smiled brightly. “And my Mom’s going to help.”

Tara handed the book over to Giles.

He shook his head. “It’s your Mother’s. You should read it unless you need help with the translation.”

Tara smiled. “Mom taught me how to read Celtic when I was younger.” She looked around the room. “I c-can do it.”

She flipped through the book until she found the right page.
“The Seven Gates of Hell is a quest of the Bringer of Darkness. Each gate represents the seven deadly sins as in the order of the ancients: Sloth, Envy, Greed, Gluttony, Pride, Anger and Lust.
If the true Bringer of Darkness should pass through these gates alive and unscathed, Mother Earth will see destruction that will bring to the end of civilization. Hell will be unleashed. Good nature will be overturned. Nothing will prevail. Everything will be lost. The beast will be unleashed.”

(Author’s note: The Gang at the Magic Box voice over will be in italics.)

As the sun was lowering in the horizon, Willow ran down the length of the large stone wall. “TARA!” She yelled trying to find some way to get inside.

Willow came upon an opening. A large cast iron gate that arched at the top, stood taller than the seemingly unending fortress of stone.
She heard unspeakable cries coming from inside the gate. “Oh God!”

A black figure appeared on the other side of the iron bars. “God doesn’t live here witch!” It screamed and vanished.

“Wil-low.” Tara’s sing song voice echoed.

“TARA!!!” Willow called for her love trying to make her voice heard over the unending wails of torture.
She placed her hands on the gate and screamed and fell to her knees.

“The first gate is a test of Slothfulness. When in a state of Sloth, negligence sets in. Some people might call it apathy, which means a lack of feeling.” Tara read.

“OK so what does that mean?” Buffy asked.

Anya rolled her eyes. “Are you blatantly stupid? It means not making it a priority to do what we should, or change what we should in ourselves. Like putting stuff off for a later time when it should be done now.”

“Oh like procrastination.” Buffy stated with a smirk. “See, not so stupid am I?”

Anya waved her hand. “Yeah, whatever.”

Willow stood and pushed the gate open and walked through.
She stopped in her tracks. “You have to help me find Tara.”

“You rank, arrogant, amateur!” Giles chastised her.

“Giles, I know I messed up but we’ve been through this.” Willow told him.

Suddenly Buffy appeared. “Do you know what you’ve done?”

“Buffy, I-I didn’t mean…”

“DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’VE DONE?!” The Slayer yelled. She held out her arm towards Willow.

The redhead held out her own hand. “Dispel.” She commanded.

Buffy screamed out as she peeled off her own flesh from her face. “You’ve destroyed everything.” The voice came from the skull. The remains fell to the ground in a decayed heap.

“You’ve failed.” Giles said.

Willow sat down on the ground. “I didn’t fail. I brought her back because…because I…” She covered her face with her hands and cried out. She looked back up to her mentor.

“You couldn’t learn from me. You had to do everything by yourself. You couldn’t wait. You had to have the magic then and there.”

“Giles, why are you doing this? I have to find Tara.”

“Your first priority is her? She left you. She doesn’t want to be with you. You didn’t give her the chance to teach you.” The man sat down in front of her.

“I don’t have time for this.” Willow yawned. She shook the sleepiness from her head. “I have to go.”

Giles took her hands into his own. “Are you sure you want to?”

Willow crinkled her brows together. “Yeah. I mean I have to get to her. She’s in danger.”

“How do you know she is?” Giles titled his head to the side.

“Because I heard her scream my name. She’s somewhere in here. I just…I can’t let her get hurt.”

“Oh like you hurt her.” He stated taking off his glasses and rubbing them with the tail of his shirt.

“I messed up big time huh?” Willow asked slumping her shoulders.

“That’s an understatement.” The voice of Buffy came from the skull.

“Buff, shut up will ya?” Willow spat out.

“Don’t you care about what you’ve done to me and to everyone else?” The skull asked.

Willow giggled. She rose up from the ground. “Not really.” She kicked the skull as far as it would fly. “And as for you Giles, go fuck yourself.” She said as she walked on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:05 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Nice update! I'm loving every minute of it! Keep going!!!! I want more!!!

:kgeek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:45 pm 
9. Gay Now

oooh. this is getting good.

think i'll have a seat *right here* and wait to find out what happens next.

7 deadly sins.

heh.

I saw that movie.

It was creepy.

db

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:29 pm 
8. Vixen

Cool that Tara's mom is involved somehow.
Naughty Willow... kicking the skull haha.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:16 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

You have got to be joking! This story is WILD! Oh man, you have got to update soooo soon. I've got to know what the hell is going on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:16 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
*rolls around and crawls for an update*
you can't leave us hangin' like that!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:28 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hey Willow Watcher! Haven't read anything from you lately. Are you going to continue this fic because it is one of my favorites, even though you haven't worked on it in awhile? If you need help, I'll give you some. All you have to do is ask!

Take care and write more soon,

~Chaz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:06 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

willow.tara,
I know I need to write more b/c I have so many stories to work on. Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it. I just need some time to work somethings out at home but I'll get to it soon. And as for needing help, thanks a lot but I have a close friend that helps me out with the beta deal and her research help BUT I totally appreciate it. ;-)
I'll have something posted soon.

WW

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:19 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
any chance of an update? pretty please?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:07 am 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
I second Rachel pweaseeee

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:14 am 
2. Floating Rose

MORE!
The plot is very strange but interesting.
Please update soon.
:pray :pray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:58 am 
3. Flaming O

hey all... popping in here too for the mighty WW... unfortunately real life has demanded her attention for the immediate time but Im really hoping she'll be back and running with this fic.
Its a tricky one to work out so my guess is that Things Fall Apart will be finished first but I will be bashing her with a mouldy pineapple to get this one going again too. Despite the very long and late nights and all the headaches this fic has cause, I know she's loving it, and so am I.

Every time a fanfic earns a comment, a Beta gets her wings!