The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: First Fic: 66 - The Road of Dreams
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:26 pm 
2. Floating Rose

You have this nasty little habit of ending things just when they get interesting and addicting. Well sorry to tell you that in GA that is illegal and you will either have to continue or come in for questioning. Either way you will have to continue so you have no choice. It does not matter that you may not live here but we have to power and authority to drag you in. You and your computer.

Sincerely

Kristen

Post subject: Part 10
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:34 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey, another update heading your way! I hope you like this one.

Replies:

YMKA: Hey back! I’m glad you liked this, and I agree with you…talking is the way! Well, at least most of the times =P Hum, Willow definitely has to let Tara know that she likes her too, and she will…I just don’t know when ;) Oh, and as for the gas, this part will probably answer your question. I’ve actually been thinking about it too, but I thought now was the best time for it, you know? But thanks anyway! Hope you like this update.

ShyTemptress: I guess I’m sorry? But see, I think it’s kind of early for them to continue ‘things’, you know? I mean, they haven’t even told one another about their feelings and stuff yet…so, can you wait a little more? Oh, and thanks for reading.

Update:

Title: 66 - The road of dreams

Author: onlykaren

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters.

Summary: AU. A road trip across US.

Rating: PG through to R, maybe a little NC-17.

Pairing: W/T eventually.

Note: This is my first attempt at a fic and English is my second language, so I apologize for any misspelling or grammatical errors.

Note2: All the information about Route 66 I got from the Internet, so if there’s anything wrong, I apologize.

Part 10

The first thing I noticed when I woke up the next morning was the increasingly wetness between my legs. I was extremely aroused. My nipples were so stiff they were almost sore, and I could feel the throbbing sensation inside my thighs intensifying. My eyelids fluttered open, and I gasped at Willow’s proximity. She had one arm around my waist, her head was curled up against my shoulder and her lips were nuzzling my neck. Not to mention that her right knee was resting against my center, sending rushes of desire through my body.

I closed my eyes again, and tried to clear my mind. It was torture to be with Willow like this. My body hummed everywhere she touched me, but I couldn’t give in to my desire. I knew I had feelings for her, deep feelings that scared me to death. And I was also attracted to her sexually, but I knew Willow saw me as a friend, and didn’t feel the same way I did.

Suddenly, the redhead murmured incoherently in her sleep, and moved her leg up, making pressure against my center. My eyes shot open wide, and I had to bite my lip to keep from moaning. Oh God. I could feel a surge of wetness soak the thin layer of my panties, as the incessant throbbing between my legs begged for release.

I had to stop it. And I had to stop it now. I didn’t want things to escalate, and I didn’t know how much longer I could keep myself from kissing the redhead senseless right there.

As I shifted, Willow’s arms instinctively tightened around me. She sighed happily in her sleep and pulled me closer, placing a feather light kiss on my neck.

My body reacted immediately and I felt like I was on fire. To have Willow so close, to feel her lips on my skin, to enjoy the sensation of her pressed tightly against me…well, it was just too much for me.

I didn’t want to wake the sleeping redhead, but realizing my need was only going to get stronger, I decided to remove myself from temptation.

“Will…” I whispered, wanting to wake the girl gently. I reached out, and started stroking her hair.

The redhead moaned, still asleep. “Mmm”. She placed her lips on my neck once more, but this time her tongue darted out, tracing the contour of my throat. I moaned before I could stop myself, the feel of the girl’s tongue against my skin bringing shivers down my body. Oh God. I had to get out of there and fast.

I tried to move my head to avoid the redhead’s lips. “Um, Willow?” I asked in a high-pitched voice, my breath slightly erratic.

Forcing my mind to behave, I watched as Willow slowly opened her eyes, and smiled happily at me. “Good morning”, she drawled lazily. With those sleepy eyes and that tousled hair, I thought Willow looked the most beautiful I’d ever seen.

“G-good morning”. I replied smiling, as my breathing slowly returned to normal.

Willow looked down at where her leg was resting, and her eyes opened wide. “Oh!” She squealed, and instantly backed away from me. I immediately missed the contact of her warm body.

“I…I’m sorry Tar…I didn’t…” The redhead apologized, as if she was embarrassed by her actions.

I sat up. “Will, y-you don’t have to be s-sorry.” I reached out to take one of her hands. “Okay?”

“But…” Willow broke off with a heavy sigh before continuing, “I didn’t mean to…I mean, I don’t know what I…” She trailed off, turning bright red.

I could sense the redhead's discomfort, and couldn’t stand seeing her like that. I sighed. Even though I wished it’d been all true, and Willow really wanted me, I couldn’t let her blame herself. After all, she was sleeping, and didn’t even know what she was doing.

“That’s o-okay, Will. You don’t have to w-worry, alright?” I tried to put her at ease.

The redhead nodded slightly.

“Wanna s-see if Buffy and Dawn are awake?” I asked gently, attempting to lighten the mood.

“Yeah…”

We stood, stretching our bodies. I knelt down to pick up the blanket from the ground. I folded it and placed it back in my bag.

I looked up at the sky. The sun was already shining brightly.

“It's past 8 o'clock,” Willow said as we walked back to the car. “I think we overslept.”

I nodded, silently agreeing. We had to start early in the day, since it was kind of dangerous to drive after it got dark.

When we neared the car, Dawn was already up, brushing her hair.

“Hey, Dawn. Where’s Buffy?” Willow asked.

“Hey,” Dawn replied. “She needed to pee.” She put away her brush.

“Did you sleep well, sweetie?” I asked her, placing my hand on her shoulder.

“Yeah…thanks for last night.” Dawn smiled.

I smiled in return. “No problem.”

Buffy came back. “Hey guys, I think we slept too much. We still have to find the way back and stop at some place to eat.”

“Yeah…” Willow replied. “But can you wait a few minutes? I just wanna freshen up a little…we still have water, right?” The redhead asked as she moved to get her stuff from the car.

“Yeah, over there.”

“I n-need to freshen up a little too.” I said, feeling myself blush. Actually, I needed a very cold bath, after all the things that had happened that morning. But since that wasn’t quite possible, I had to be glad with just changing clothes.

I opened my bag and located a clean pair of shorts and a shirt. I walked over to some place private and quickly changed clothes. I picked the bottle of water and splashed some on my face. My thoughts once again drifted towards the redhead. The way she had hugged me, held me, kissed my neck…I closed my eyes at the last thought. I could still remember the feel of Willow’s body against mine, the smell of her hair, her arms around me, her head on my shoulder...I opened my eyes, shaking my head. I just couldn’t stop thinking about the redhead. I forced the thoughts out of my mind as I scooped more water and splashed one more time.

As I walked back to the car, everyone was already inside, waiting for me. “Ready to go, Tara?” Buffy asked from behind the steering wheel.

“Yeah…sorry I took so long.” I replied, putting my bag in the trunk and taking a seat next to Willow in the back.

“No problem.” Buffy started the car.

Willow opened the map. “Buffy, we have to turn at the entrance of Phelps…luckily, this road we took was a shortcut.”

“See? I knew that when I was giving directions!” Buffy grinned.

We all laughed at her. “Yeah, right.”

Buffy pulled the car onto the road. We stayed in silence, watching as the scenery sped by.

Dawn turned on the radio. It was playing some country song. Willow started to sing…I could tell she was happy. Every time she sang like that, as if nothing else mattered, she was feeling happy. I smiled at that thought.

Buffy made a turn and we were back on the main road again.

“Finally.” She let out, smiling.

“Yeah, we had luck it was a shortcut.” Willow returned, also smiling.

I looked at her and she looked back at me, our gazes meeting. We stared at each other for a few seconds before the redhead blurted out. “Can I braid your hair?”

“Braid?” I asked surprised. I’d never cease marvelling at the redhead’s ability to ask these questions, coming from out of nowhere.

“Yeah, braid. Please?” She begged with puppy dog eyes.

I giggled at her. “Okay”.

I turned my back to the redhead. She started to slowly run her hands through my hair. I sighed. It felt so good to have Willow that close. I couldn’t contain the shiver that sent goose bumps all over me at the sensation.

After a while, the redhead pulled away. “Done…too bad we don’t have any grips to hold them in place.”

She had made two separate braids in my hair, one falling on each shoulder.

I turned to face her. “Thanks.” I gave her my lopsided grin.

She smiled back. “You don’t have to thank me…I like doing it. Your hair is so soft and silky.”

I felt my cheeks turning red at Willow’s words. “T-thanks.” I smiled shyly, lowering my head. I wasn’t really used to compliments.

“Hey…” The redhead whispered, reaching out a hand and cupping my chin. Slowly, she lifted my face upwards. “I mean it.” She said, looking deeply into my eyes.

I simply smiled at that. I wasn’t quite sure of what was happening. Why was Willow acting that way? Was I misreading things again? I mean, friends compliment each other’s hair all the time, right? But the way the redhead was looking at me, the tone of her voice, her smile…it was almost as if she was flirting with me. Was she…? Flirting? No…I shook my head. I had to stop thinking about Willow that way. She’d made clear that she wanted us to be friends, just friends, right?

But I still couldn’t shake the thought of her, the way she’d gazed at me, or how she’d snuggled up to me the other night. I had no idea what any of it meant. And I didn’t want to jump to the wrong conclusions again; Willow could be only acting in a friendly kind of way. But she was never like this with Buffy or Dawn, was she? I sighed.

Casting a look over at the redhead again, I noticed she was staring at me with a concerned look on her face. “What’s wrong, Tar?” She asked gently.

I shook my head. “Why would anything be w-wrong?”

“‘Cause you were with the frowning and the sighing, have I made something wrong?” Willow asked, furrowing her brows slightly in misunderstanding. So cute.

I chuckled at that. “No, Will. You didn’t do anything wrong”.

“No? So what were you thinking?”

“Me? Um, just s-stuff.”

“What stuff?”

“I can’t tell you.”

She arched her eyebrows. “Why not?”

“Because…Buffy and Dawn could hear it.” I whispered, winking at her.

“Oh…” She said quietly, a pout on her lips.

I smiled at the pouting Willow. She was so adorable.

I decided to stop with the teasing. “Will, I’m kidding.” I took one of her hands. “I wasn’t thinking anything i-important and you did nothing wrong, okay?”

“Really?”

“Really”. I replied smiling.

“‘Cause if I did, you’d tell me, right?” The redhead tacked on, meeting my gaze.

I giggled. “Right”. I responded softly, losing myself once again in the emerald-green eyes that were Willow’s. I was suddenly overcome with so much affection and longing, I thought I’d burst.

Buffy’s voice snapped me out of my reverie. “Guys, I guess we can eat here, what do you think?” She asked as she parked the car next to a small blue house. Above it, there was a sign that read ‘Bed & Breakfast’.

“I guess.” Willow answered.

We got out of the car and entered the place.

“It looks like grandma’s.” Dawn commented as we walked over to the counter.

Buffy chuckled. “Yeah, with the pictures on the wall and everything.”

Nearing the counter, we noticed there was only a man there, reading a newspaper.
He looked up at us. “May I help you?”

“Yeah, we’d like a breakfast for four.”

“20 dollars”.

Buffy looked at us and shrugged. Willow opened the wallet and paid the man.

“Great, you can follow me.” He led us to a room full of tables. “I’ll be right back.” He walked away.

We sat down at a table.

“I can’t believe we’re paying 20 dollars for breakfast.” Buffy complained. “It better taste good.”

“Yeah,” Dawn agreed. “I think I’ll open a motel when I grow up.”

Willow stood. “Bathroom.” She explained, looking around. “Oh, there’s one over there.” She said, and quickly walked away.

After a few minutes, the man came back and brought us the breakfast. It actually tasted really good for what we’d paid.

Willow came back and sat down again. We ate in silence, enjoying the food.

Buffy was the first to finish. “Guys, we have to go to the city to put some gas in the car. We can’t lose much time today, we’re supposed to arrive in Oklahoma.”

“Yeah, let us just finish here.” Willow replied with a mouthful of pancake.

We ate the rest of the food quickly and headed off to the car.

Buffy drove for a while, looking for a gas station. We were now in a city called Joplin. I realized I was really enjoying this, getting to know other places, towns. I cast a look over at Willow and noticed a distant, thoughtful expression on her face.

When I was about to ask her if she was okay, the redhead spoke first.

“Buffy,” she began. “Do you think this is gonna take long?”

“Don’t know, Will…” Buffy replied from the driver’s seat. “Why?”

“I’ve been thinking…” Willow tacked on, looking slightly nervous. “Maybe you could leave Tara and me in that park across the street and when you’re finished with the gas, you could pick us up?” The redhead ventured. I frowned, pursing my lips and wondering what in the world Willow wanted to do…with me.

“Okay…” Buffy replied uncertainly. “I hope I don’t get lost here in this city.” She pulled over next to the sidewalk.

“Thanks, Buff.” Willow got out of the car. “Tara?” She looked at me expectantly.

“Why only you and Tara, Will? I wanna go too!” Dawn said, already getting out of the car.

“Hey, wait a minute, Dawn.” Willow stopped her. “It’s just…I wanna talk to Tara…privately, you know?” She explained gently. I froze at that. What would Willow want to say to me? In private?

“But I don’t wanna stay in the car!” Dawn whined. “I promise I won’t disturb you guys.”

“Dawn…” Buffy interfered. “If you go with them, then who’s gonna be with me? You’re not gonna leave me alone here, are you?”

Dawn pouted. “I guess not.” She sat down again.

“Hey Dawn,” She looked at me. “Don’t worry, w-we won’t t-take long.” I reassured. “Right, Will?”

“Right.” The redhead smiled.

“Okay…” Dawn replied sadly.

I got out of the car, and we both stood on the sidewalk, watching Buffy drive away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:52 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Woohoo ! I want more, pleaaaaaaase :-D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:43 pm 
2. Floating Rose

i didn't mean things things I meant cuteness.... Ohh they're gonna talk -woo hoo-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:51 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hey there :)

Yeah right...you don't know.... :lol :lol and then I read the end of this update.... uhu.....so innocent :lol :lol

Lovely update....waking up? Nicely done!!!! It was very cute, I just could see it, feel it.... :lol :lol I'm sorry...I still wait for someone to screw them up.... when they gave $20 for breakfast I was like "oh yeah...here we go... they are going to get screwed...." :lol :lol God...I'm such a cynic.....

So...is it going to be THE TALK?!?!?! or what?!?! :D

Thanks!
M.

Post subject: Part 11
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

Replies:

witchydebie: Thanks! =) As you wish, here’s more!

ShyTemptress: Yes…they’re gonna talk…but…uh, I guess you’ll just have to read it =) And…just hope you like it. =P

YMKA: Hey! Thank you so much for you feedback. =) I’m really glad you liked the waking up bit, I thought no one would…so, thanks! And, uh…I guess you’re still gonna have to wait a little for them to get screwed, you know? Hehe =P Oh, and thanks again for everything :-D

Update:

Note: This is my first attempt at a fic and English is my second language, so I apologize for any misspelling or grammatical errors.

Note2: All the information about Route 66 I got from the Internet, so if there’s anything wrong, I apologize.

Part 11

Willow looked at me. “Come on…let’s look for some place to sit.”

I nodded quietly, and we began to walk through the park. There were a few kids riding bikes, some people taking strolls and others just talking and having fun.

I was completely nervous though. What did Willow want to say to me? Maybe she’d noticed my arousal that morning, and now wanted to tell me she didn’t want to sleep next to me anymore? That didn’t make sense though. If Willow had been uncomfortable, she’d have said something sooner, right? Or maybe she decided this was the best time to do it?

“…for you?” The redhead’s voice brought me out of my thoughts.

“Huh?” I asked, shaking the thoughts out of my head.

“I said, is this good for you?” She pointed to a nearby bench.

“It’s f-fine.” We sat down.

Casting a glance over at the redhead, I noticed she had her eyes downcast, and was fidgeting nervously.

“Tar…” She began, turning to face me. “I…” She took a deep breath. “Remember that night, when I walked away from you? After the…the kiss?”

I swallowed hard, not expecting the question. Oh no. That was it. Willow would probably tell me she felt disgusted, she thought it was wrong, and didn’t like me that way… And I knew that being the good friend that she was, the redhead was probably trying to figure out a nice way to tell me, without hurting me. I sighed. I just couldn’t put her through all that.

“It’s just…” She continued. “I…”

“Will…” I interrupted gently. “I know it w-was…” I took a deep breath, finding it difficult to say the hurtful word, “a m-mistake…and…and I’m s-sorry, okay? I p-promise you I’ll n-never do anything l-like t-that again…” My eyes dropped to my lap.

Silence followed for a long moment. Looking up at Willow, I noticed she had a faraway look in her eyes, and I didn’t know what to make of her expression. Was she feeling angry? Sad? Relief? I just wished she would say something. I knew I shouldn’t have kissed her the other night, that she had freaked out badly…but I couldn’t turn back time now. So, the only thing left was to apologize. I just hoped she would forgive me.

“Will?” I asked tentatively.

“I understand, Tara.” The redhead spoke softly. “Do you wanna go? We’ve been here for a while now.” She moved to stand.

“Wait,” I reached out to take her hand. “Are…are you okay? I m-mean, is everything okay b-between u-us?” I stammered, chewing my lip, and letting my hair cover my face.

“Yeah…” Willow lifted her hand, and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “Everything is fine, you don’t have to worry, okay?”

I nodded slightly, attempting to smile a little.

Silently, we stood and walked the way back. I couldn’t stop the thoughts running in my head though. I did the right thing, right? I mean, Willow was probably feeling uncomfortable in telling me about how she didn’t like the kiss, and I couldn’t let her go through that… Besides, she said everything was fine…so, I had to believe everything was fine. Why would she lie anyway?

Looking ahead of us, I saw the car approach.

“Hey, are you two gonna come or what?”

We jumped into the car again, and sat down in the back. Buffy pulled onto the road.

“Buffy,” Willow began. “How did it go in the gas station?”

“Fine,” She replied from the driver’s seat. “It wasn’t that difficult to find one. The only problem was Dawn. She wanted to buy all the junkie food there.” Buffy smirked.

“I did not!” Dawn protested. “I just wanted some chips and some chocolate bars. What’s wrong with that? Oh! And also some sodas and some…”

We laughed at her rambling. “See? The whole store!” Buffy tacked on.

“You guys are so boring.” Dawn playfully stuck out her tongue.

I smiled. “H-have you bought anything though?”

“Just chewing gum,” Buffy replied. “Want some?”

“No, that’s okay.”

Dawn shifted in her seat so she could face us. “And what about you? What did you guys do?” She asked intrigued.

Willow and I exchanged a look.

“Ouch!” We heard Dawn squeal. “That hurt, Buffy!”

I chuckled slightly. “That’s o-okay…I mean, we, um…we just t-talked…about the s-stuff that has been h-happening lately…” I trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

“Like that fight you guys had the other day?” Dawn continued. “Oouch!” She squealed again. “Stop pinching me!”

“So stop asking these questions!” Buffy replied amusingly.

I laughed a little. I looked over at Willow, and she was smiling also.

“It’s alright, Buffy.” The redhead interceded. “Yeah, Dawn, we were making up.” She smiled.

“Yay!” Dawn let out happily. “See Buffy? There’s nothing wrong in asking these questions.”

“Kids…” Buffy rolled her eyes, a smirk on her lips.

“Hey! I’m not a kid!” Dawn argued.

Willow looked at me, “and here we go again...” She smiled, and I smiled back at her. It was good to know some things never change.

After an hour or maybe two, we noticed clouds were forming high in the sky, as if a big storm was to come.

“I think we’ll have to call it a day before it gets dark.” Willow suggested as she looked at the sky. “It looks like a storm is coming.”

“Yeah,” I agreed. “I think so too.”

Dawn turned the radio on. “Maybe they have news about a storm or something.” She changed stations, but it didn’t pick up any signals. “Or maybe not.” She shrugged, and turned it off.

We stayed in silence, contemplating what we were gonna do, as the clouds grew darker and nearer.

“Look!” Buffy exclaimed from the driver’s seat. “We’ve arrived in Oklahoma.”

I looked outside, and saw a big sign that read ‘WELCOME TO OKLAHOMA’.

“Next stop, Miami.” Willow added.

“Miami?” Dawn asked confused. “But isn’t that like on the east coast?”

Willow chuckled. “Yeah, but there’s Miami over here also”. She explained, and took the map in order to read it.

“Stay on the 66, Buffy…I think it’s like 38 miles from here.”

“All that?”

“Yeah…maybe we can find some place to stay there. This night won’t be good.”

A while later, we arrived in Miami. Luckily soon, we found a motel, as the wind was getting stronger.

We grabbed our stuff from the car, and made our way to the building.

“Hello, looking for shelter?” A man behind the counter asked.

“Shelter?” Buffy asked confused.

“Yes,” he responded. “Well, we have some spare rooms, but it’s safer to spend the night in the basement…you never know what could happen with hurricanes and…”

“Wait a minute,” Willow interrupted. “Did you say hurricane?” She asked, sounding scared. I reached out to squeeze her hands in support.

“That’s right. Didn’t you know?” The man asked surprised. “But don’t worry, we still have space for the four of you. Follow me.” He turned to go.

Suddenly, I remembered something. “W-wait, what about the c-car?”

“Oh yeah…” We turned towards the man again.

“Well…” He began. “You could keep it in our garage, it should be safe there. It’s 50 dollars though.”

Buffy looked at us and shrugged. “I guess we don’t have another option,” she pointed out. “I’ll be right back.”

She left with the man.

“I don’t like this.” Dawn said as we stood waiting for them.

“Me neither. B-but we’re gonna stay together through i-it, okay?” I reassured, placing an arm around Dawn’s shoulder.

Looking over at Willow, I noticed her eyes were wide open, and she had a frightening look on her face. I reached out to take her hand and held it tight, trying to comfort myself as well. We’d never been through a hurricane before…so suddenly being in the middle of one left us all terrified.

After a few minutes, Buffy and the man came back. Silently, he walked over to a door on a far wall, and opened it, standing in the doorway. “Here.”

Buffy and Willow exchanged a look, and followed him. Dawn and I went shortly behind them. We entered the door and walked down the stairs to the basement. We could hear the harsh wind whistling outside.

There were a few people down there. We sat together in one corner of the room. There was only a small window so we could see what was happening outside. I noticed it was already dark. I didn’t like it.

In every corner, there were bunk beds. It smelled desperate to me. I remembered the stories my brother used to tell us, the places he said he had to stay hiding. That place was a really scary one.

Buffy and Willow stood, and went talk to some people, as I stayed sitting on the bottom bunk in silence. Dawn moved, and sat down next to me.

I took one of her hands. “Are you okay?”

“Not really,” Dawn replied sadly. “What if something happens to us?” She looked up through teary eyes.

“Dawn,” I reached out to stroke her long hair. “Nothing is gonna h-happen. We’re s-safe here, okay?”

She nodded nervously, and placed her head on my shoulder. I hugged her tight, trying to give her some comfort. I looked up to see Willow coming, and sitting on a bunk beside ours. The beds were really near each other. She lay down on her back, her arms by her side, facing up. She looked so scared and fragile. I couldn’t stand seeing her like that…I wanted to take her in my arms, and tell her everything was going to be fine.

I shook the thoughts out of my head, as Buffy came back and sat down next to the redhead. She also looked terrified. I cast my gaze around the room…things didn’t seem good.

“People,” We heard the man, probably the owner, speak. “Try and get some sleep. I’ll warn you if something gets out of normal.”

Everyone moved to lie on the beds. I heard an old woman praying and a little boy crying. Dawn was already sleeping on my shoulder. I laid her down on the bed carefully not to wake her, and moved to lie in the top bunk. I closed my eyes, but after a few minutes of trying, I decided to give up sleeping. I was starting to get really scared, as the wind outside got stronger. I looked down at Willow, and she and Buffy were holding each other close, also sleeping.

Suddenly, something hit the house above us, and the basement door slammed open. It was horrible. The owner moved to close it, fastening it with some very big locks. The noise outside got louder; there were probably trees or other things hitting the walls upstairs.

I was scared to death by now. The sudden thought of dying flashed through my mind. The winds were so strong that anything could happen. I didn’t want to die though…not there, and not before finishing our trip.

I sat up, and leant over the side of the bunk. “Willow?” I whispered, noticing my voice sounded broken, a mixture of dread and coldness.

The redhead didn’t move. Maybe she didn’t hear me.

“Will?” I tried again.

I watched as Willow started to stir, opening her eyes slowly, and then looking up at me. “What?” She asked softly.

“I’m s-scared, Will.” I confessed bashfully. “Could you…could you c-come here, p-please?” I couldn’t hold it anymore, and the tears began to flow uncontrollably down my cheeks.

Willow moved off her bed, and quickly climbed into my bunk, sitting next to me, her legs dangling over the side of the bed. “Shh Tar…” She soothed softly, wrapping her arms around my shoulders, and holding me tight.

I couldn’t help it, and simply let myself collapse into Willow’s arms. “I-I don’t w-want to die here, Will…” I choked out as the sobs wracked my body.

“It’s okay, Tar…it’s okay.” The redhead whispered soothingly, my breath catching as I felt her arms tighten around me. “It’s okay, I’m here…”

I felt so warm and protected in Willow’s arms, as if I were exactly where I belonged. Breathing deep, I inhaled the redhead’s sweet scent, losing myself in the softness of her body…taking comfort in her. I just loved the feel of Willow’s body against mine; it made me feel so safe.

Enjoying the sensation of our closeness, I closed my eyes, letting myself relax as I fell asleep in her arms…there, where nothing else really mattered.

I woke up to the sound of Dawn’s voice in the middle of the night. I cast a look at Willow, and she was still asleep, half lying on top of me, her left hand around my waist. Being careful not to wake her, I reluctantly extricated myself from her embrace to see what was going on.

I cast a look around the room. The basement door was open again and almost everybody was awake.

“I want mom, Buffy…” I heard Dawn whimper as I climbed out of bed.

On the bottom bunk, Buffy was sitting next to Dawn, her arms around her shoulders, rocking her softly back and forth. “Shh Dawn…it’ll be over soon…” Buffy comforted.

I stood before them. “Buffy? W-what’s going on?”

The blonde looked up at me. “Hey, Tara…I don’t know. I woke up to the sound of the door slamming…”

Looking up, I noticed Willow stirring. She opened her eyes, and glanced down at us, before quickly climbing out of bed. “What happened?”

“We don’t know yet.” Buffy answered as she continued to hold Dawn.

Willow shifted her eyes to me. “Stay here, I’ll see what’s going on.” She reached out to softly squeeze my hand, and headed off, climbing up the stairs to the basement door.

“I’m scared…” Dawn continued to sob hard.

I sat down next to them, and took one of Dawn’s hands. We stayed there in silence for a moment, trying to get some comfort from each other.

A few minutes later, Willow came back. I froze as I caught sight of the girl. Her face was white as a sheet, and her eyes were wide open. Without saying a word, the redhead moved to climb back into the top bunk. Buffy and I exchanged a look.

“Go,” she mouthed. I silently nodded and got off the bed, casting my gaze over at Willow. She was curled up in a tight ball, knees against her chest, hands around her knees and head buried in her arms. Carefully not to startle the girl, I got into the bed, moving to sit next to her.

“Will?” I asked, and then tentatively reached out to brush my fingers along the smooth curve of Willow’s forearm.

The redhead stayed that way for a minute before she looked up, facing me seriously.

“Tara,” she took a deep breath before continuing. “A man has just died out there…”

“Oh…” I brought my hand to my mouth, and just sat there, numb with shock.

“I wasn’t outside…” The redhead tacked on, “but I saw it through the window…the…the wind was so strong…and they couldn’t do anything to help him…it was horrible, Tar…” She blinked, tears falling against her cheeks. “I don’t wanna die here like him…”

I felt teary as well and my arms slowly reached for Willow, bringing her into a hug. I brought her head to my shoulder, stroking her hair softly to soothe her.

God. She saw a man die. I think that of all the things that could happen, this was the worst we’d have to be through. Now our dream was turning into a big nightmare…

Feeling Willow’s tears dampen the fabric of my shirt, I instantly tightened my hold on the girl, one hand moving in slow circles against her back, as the other stroked her hair. The redhead looked so fragile and scared in my arms, just like I was in hers a few hours ago. I wanted desperately to protect her, to comfort her as much as I could.

Wrapping herself around me, and squeezing me tighter, Willow spoke softly again. “Tar…” She began, still clinging to my chest. “Don’t leave me…” She sniffled, her voice trembly and small. “Don’t ever leave me…”

My own eyes filled with tears. “I won’t l-leave you, Will…” I said, doing my best to reassure the redhead. “Never…okay?”

The redhead sniffled again, and pulled back a little, in order to look in my eyes. Tears rolled down her cheeks and her voice became a tiny whisper. “Promise?”

My heart melted at Willow’s word. “Yes,” I said simply, and still with my arms around her shoulders, I brought her into a hug once again, rubbing her back as she continued to cry and sob.

After a while, as I felt Willow relaxing, I slowly laid her down on the bed, and moved to lie down next to her. Soon, we drifted off into sleep again.

Post subject: Part 12
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

Okay...update:

Part 12

As I opened my eyes the next morning, the first thing I saw was Willow looking at me with a heart-warming smile on her lips. I got a little startled though, as I realized the redhead’s proximity. She was pressed tightly against me, our legs intertwined, her left arm around my waist. Our foreheads were resting against each other’s, our breasts touching and our breaths mingling.

“Good morning,” Willow said softly. “I thought you’d never wake up.” She brought her left hand to my hair, and began to stroke it gently.

“Hey…” I replied happily. I couldn’t explain it, but it felt so right to be there, lying in Willow’s arms, holding each other close.

I closed my eyes again, inhaling sharply and enjoying the sensation of the redhead’s warm body, as my hands moved in slow circles against her back, revelling in the way her breasts were crushed up against mine. It felt so good to…No; this was not the time to think about such things.

I shook the thoughts out of my head, and opened my eyes again, coming face to face with Willow. She was staring deeply at me. I held her gaze for a moment before I asked softly. “How long have you been awake?”

“Maybe for a few minutes,” the redhead replied, smiling adoringly. “I just love watching you sleep…” She blurted, a blush quickly covering her face.

My stomach fluttered and I swallowed hard, not quite believing the words I was hearing. Had I heard right…had she said she loved watching me sleep? Was this really happening? No…I shook my head at the thought. Maybe I was just dreaming it. Yeah, that was probably it…but why did it feel so real?

“Tar…” I looked up at the sound of the redhead’s soft voice. “I, I just don’t know what I’d do if you weren’t here last night…” She continued, furrowing her brows slightly.

“Will,” I smiled fondly at her. “Without you here, I don’t know what I would have d-done.” I brought my hand to the redhead’s face, tucking a strand of loose red hair behind her ear. “Whatever h-happens, I’ll be right here for you, okay?” I reassured softly. “And thanks for everything you did for me.”

The redhead simply smiled. She reached out her hand and pulled my face downwards, bringing her lips to my forehead and brushing a soft lingering kiss there.

The moment Willow’s lips touched my skin, I felt entirely breathless at the sensation. Even though it was just a chaste kiss, it’d given me this really warm tingly feeling inside. I just wished I could stay that way with Willow forever.

When the redhead finally pulled her lips away, I unconsciously let out a sigh of disappointment. I had to actually restrain myself from reaching out to her, and claim those soft lips of hers with my own.

Frowning, I forced those errant thoughts out of my head. Willow was just being friendly, and had kissed me in a thankful kind of way. I had to stop thinking of her in that manner.

“Will,” I forced my mind to focus. “I think we should g-get up.” I suggested as I reluctantly released my hold, and removed myself from her embrace.

As I climbed out of bed, I noticed neither Buffy nor Dawn were in the bunks. I cast a look around the room…it was almost empty but a woman and the little boy.

Willow joined me on the floor. “How long have we slept?” She asked, pursing her lips together in confusion.

I chuckled at that. “I don’t know…” I paused for a second, before continuing, “Maybe they’re upstairs.”

The redhead raised an eyebrow. “Maybe you’re right.” She moved to pick up her stuff. I did the same, and soon we were rushing up the stairs.

I couldn’t believe the damage the hurricane had caused. Everything lay scattered all over the floor. Things were broken and turned upside down. I noticed there was no one else around. Willow took my hand, and we both walked out slowly.

There were a lot of people outside, including Buffy and Dawn. Having noticed us, they walked in our direction.

“Have you guys seen this? I mean, look at this mess!” Buffy exclaimed, sounding slightly surprised.

I nodded as I cast my gaze around the area. It was really a mess. The hurricane had torn the roofs off a few houses. There were trees spread all around the ground, pieces of wood, tiles…a real mess. The city was full of tractors, which were gathering the wreckage to leave the roads unobstructed so people could get out of the city. And that was what I most wanted.

“Guys,” I looked up at the sound of Buffy’s voice. She shared a quick look with Dawn, before speaking again. “Uh…” She began, stammering nervously. “I…I’ve kind of lost 150 dollars…” she trailed off.

“What?” Willow blurted. “What do you mean, lost?”

Buffy sighed. “Ok…not really lost it…” She replied, pausing for a second, before continuing again. “You know how we’d split the money and put it in two wallets?”

Both Willow and I nodded, silently asking her to go on.

“I…” Buffy took a deep breath. “When I woke up this morning, my wallet wasn’t there…” She said, sounding dejected.

“There?” Willow asked, her brow knitting together in confusion. “You mean, someone stole your bag?”

Buffy shook her head. “Not the bag…see, I’d had put the wallet by my side on the bed…and when I woke up, it wasn’t there anymore.” The blonde explained, her voice small. “I’m sorry you guys…”

“No, Buffy…” I reached out, placing a hand on her shoulder. “It w-wasn’t your fault, ok?” I said, in an effort to reassure her.

Buffy just nodded, brows furrowed and eyes downcast.

“Are you sure you didn’t leave it in the car?” Willow tacked on, worried. “Or maybe in your bag?”

“No, Will…” Buffy replied. “I’ve looked everywhere, but haven’t found it…someone must have taken it when I was sleeping.” She finished, sighing heavily.

I squeezed Buffy’s shoulder gently. “Have you talked to anyone though?” I asked softly. “Like the owner?”

“Yeah…” Buffy replied, “but he said it wasn’t his responsibility to take care of our stuff, you know?” She explained, and then spoke again. “That he had a lot of losses, and more important problems to worry about, like that guy’s death and…”

I noticed as Willow flinched. “No…don’t remind me of that.” She interrupted, the color running out of her face. I thought she was going to pass out, but the redhead managed to stay steady. I could tell she was really shaken up by what had happened. I took one of her hands in mine, and squeezed it softly in support.

After a moment, Buffy spoke again. “He also said we still have to pay him for the garage and the night.”

“How much?” I ventured, crinkling my forehead and biting my lip.

“100 dollars.” Dawn answered this time.

Willow sighed heavily. “I can’t believe this…” She spoke dejectedly. “We’ve been robbed and still have to pay him? I mean…there won’t be much left to go on with the trip!”

Frowning, Buffy also sighed heavily, and moved to sit down on the ground. “I know…” She replied, rubbing her neck in frustration. “But what are we gonna do? The theft wasn’t the owner’s fault, you know? And we do still owe him for our stay here…” She trailed off.

Tense silence followed for a long moment. I watched Dawn look up at us through teary eyes, and sit down next to Buffy, placing her head on her shoulder. I frowned. Things weren’t good. We were all tired, dirty and with a lot going on in our minds. The city was in a complete chaos, as if a war had happened there. Everything looked like a huge nightmare. The worst was over, but things were still too fresh in our heads.

I shifted my gaze to Willow. She had this miserable expression on her face, her eyes downcast.

“Will?” I asked tentatively. “Are you okay?”

The redhead looked up at me before responding. “Not really.” Letting out a sigh, she ran her hands through her hair, pulling it back from her face. “I just wish Buffy wasn’t right.” She spoke after a minute.

“So,” Buffy stood, getting the dirt out of her pants. “Let’s just go and forget all this?”

“Wait,” Dawn also stood. “I wanna use the bathroom, I promise I won’t take long.” She said and went running back to the motel.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I guess we’ll just have to wait then.” She sat down again.

“Yeah…” I trailed off, as my stomach suddenly decided to complain about the lack of food.

Willow chuckled. “Wanna see if there’s something to eat?” She ventured gently.

I nodded, smiling at her concern.

“I’m going with you guys.” Buffy stood again.

We turned and walked slowly back to the building, stepping on a few tiles on the way. As we neared the entrance, Dawn emerged from inside, looking excited over something.

“Guys!” She exclaimed as she approached us. “I just came from the kitchen and the cupboards and fridges were all open…” Dawn tacked on excitedly, “and with no one looking, I took this.” She pulled a box of crackers from under her shirt.

Willow’s eyes widened. “Dawn! What have you done? Are you crazy?” The redhead asked, obviously worried, as she took the box from Dawn’s hand and hid it under her own shirt.

Buffy and I chuckled at Willow’s outburst. “Relax, Will. The owner won’t probably notice it”. Buffy remarked. “Actually”, she turned towards Dawn. “You gave me a good idea, Dawn. If we have to pay this much, I think we could take more stuff… Come on.” She grabbed Dawn’s hand and dragged her back to the kitchen.

Willow and I exchanged a look and went after them.

“I can’t believe those two…are we criminals now?” The redhead grumbled, furrowing her brows slightly.

I chuckled at that. “Will…” She ceased walking and looked at me. “Stop worrying so much.” I flashed her my lopsided grin.

A tiny smile crept on the redhead’s lips. “I guess…” She trailed off, turning serious again. “But still, this is not right.” She said, pursing her lips together and turning to resume walking.

I sighed happily. Willow was so adorable.

The kitchen was also very untidy, with things spread all around. Spotting Buffy and Dawn, we rushed towards them.

“Come on, Buffy!” Dawn urged while Buffy was putting everything she found inside a bag. “People can show up here anytime.”

Willow rolled her eyes. “They should,” she muttered under her breath. “I can’t believe you guys are doing this.”

“Willow,” Buffy said, slightly exasperated. “Stop complaining and help us out here.” She handed the bag to the redhead. “Keep filling it, ‘cause I’m gonna pay the owner and get the car.” She turned and walked off.

The redhead looked at me. I shrugged at her stare, and bent to pick more stuff and put it inside the bag. Soon, with no one noticing, we were finished and headed off to look for the car.

I felt good to be in the car again. And bad because the sceneries that during our whole trip had been beautiful so far, were now pure destruction. I shrugged and tried to forget those bad memories from that place.

Looking over at Willow, who was sitting in the passenger seat, I felt a huge surge of calm and happiness spread inside of me. I was so glad to have the redhead there. Even knowing I could never have her the way I wanted, Willow was the most precious thing in my life…I just never wanted to let her go.

Sighing contentedly, I shifted my gaze to the road again. The sky had even become clearer and bluer. Things were finally turning back to normal. It was a relief to know the nightmare was now over.

“Tara?” I looked over at Dawn, who was sitting at my side. She was writing…what? A letter? “Wanna write too?” She offered, handing me a paper.

“Mail?” I asked, wanting to be sure.

“Yeah”, Dawn replied. “I’m writing a letter to mom. I thought maybe we could post it when we arrive in the next city?”

“Dawn,” Buffy looked at her through the rearview mirror. “Be careful of what you say in that letter. Don’t give any hints of where we are or where we’re heading, okay?”

“No problem,” Dawn responded. “I’m just saying how I miss them and some of the things we did so far.” She looked at me again. “So…wanna write too?”

“Thanks…” I smiled faintly at her. “But I don’t t-think so…” I trailed off, lowering my head. I didn’t really miss my father…and probably never would. I knew I even cared more for Mrs. Summers than for him. Maybe I could write her a letter? “Actually,” I reconsidered, “I think I’ll write to your mom too.”

Dawn smiled at me. “Great…here.” She handed me some paper and a pen.

“Dawn,” Willow shifted in her seat so she could face us. “Can I have a paper too?”

“Sure…” Dawn plucked another sheet of paper out from her notebook and handed it to Willow.

Smiling, the redhead turned and began writing. I just sat there, watching her as she kept writing. She looked so concentrated in what she was doing, her tongue poking out from her lips in such an adorable cute way…so Willow’s. I smiled at that. I just loved watching the play of emotions on the redhead’s face…it would make my heart beat faster and my knees go weak. But nothing compared to her smile… I just loved that heart-warming, beautiful smile of hers…the one that could light up anyone’s soul and simply melt anyone’s heart…especially mine. And those sparkling green eyes, framed by her freckled, pale skin and that fiery red hair…Willow was such a gorgeous creature. I sighed dreamily. How I loved everything about Willow. She was the sweetest, cutest, most caring people I’d ever known. It was just impossible not to love her.

What? I froze at the thought. Love? Was that it? Was that what I was feeling? Was I in love with Willow? Was that why I couldn’t take my mind off her? Couldn’t stop thinking one second about her? Was I really in love with the redhead?

“Tara!” Dawn yelled, bringing me out of my ‘Was I’ self-debate.

I forced those thoughts out of my head. I’d just have to think about them another time, preferably when I was alone.

Sighing, I turned to face Dawn. “W-what?”

“We’ve finished for like 5 minutes ago and you haven’t written anything,” she pointed to the blank paper in my hand. “Don’t wanna write anymore?”

I smiled sheepishly. “N-no…I…I still want to…I was just t-thinking about what I’m gonna write.” I said, before biting my lip.

Dawn looked at me skeptically. “Okay…”

Letting out a sigh of relief, I cast a look at Willow and was surprised to see she was staring at me, smiling fondly.

“W-what?”

Her smile grew wider, making my stomach flutter and my heart skip a beat. “Nothing,” the redhead responded and turned to face ahead the road. I noticed her cheeks were a little flushed, but I let it go. Willow was very mysterious sometimes.

Suddenly I remembered I had a letter to write. I took the paper and the pen, and finally started writing it.

“I can’t believe it!!” Willow screamed as she looked at the map.

Buffy slammed hard on the brakes; stopping the car abruptly and making me drop the bag of tortilla chips I was eating.

“WHAT?”

“Look! Here in the map! Look!” The redhead exclaimed, bouncing in her seat.

I leaned forward in my seat and looked over Dawn’s shoulder at the map, reading the words ‘Blue Whale Park’.

“Wow!” Buffy exclaimed. “The Blue Whale!” She grinned widely.

“Yeah!” I smiled. The Blue Whale was one of the most recognizable attractions on Route 66. It was the centerpiece of a modest ‘beach’ amusement park in Oklahoma, being the favorite stop and swimming hole for both locals and travelers alike.

“We’re going there, right Buffy?” Dawn asked in a high-pitched voice, also bouncing in her seat with excitement.

Buffy looked at us sadly, the smile erased from her face. “Guys,” she began. “We’ve already spent 250 dollars today and…”

“But Buffy, we cannot not go!” Willow interrupted. “We will find a way to earn some money later… This is one of the coolest places on the road, we have to go there!”

“Yeah Buffy,” I interceded. “We can’t let this chance pass.”

Buffy’s face slowly broke into a smile again. “I guess…” She began, “I mean, we’re close to Tulsa, maybe we can earn some money there.”

“Yay!” Dawn let out happily.

“Besides,” Willow pointed out. “After all we’ve been through, we deserve some fun.”

“And some water too.” I added, smiling.

Buffy also smiled and started the car again. “So…fun?”

“FUN!”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:34 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

:clap ... I think you fic is awesome ... I can't wait to see what will happen with our :wtkiss girls

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:38 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

*smacks self* I don't think I've ever left you some goody feedback, but I have been following this story since it began and I <3 it completely :D

All the angst and confusion, and sweetness and yay for roadtrips! haha

Anywho, I agree with the crew that they need some fun. Some lighter, funny, goodness will be good for them... and me of course :p

So I hope to read more soon pleeeeaaaase :flirt
Ashleigh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:50 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Woah... It's great, love it. I've just read it all in a single sitting, and can only be amazed by the evolution of your writing. It's becoming more and more fluent every update.

And well the story's also great, but now i want them to be together, enough waiting, Willow and Tara deserve to be brought together. The sooner the better :P

And well, you could almost have fitted this in present day instead of the 70's, xcept if I missed something, there are not so many important details related to those specific years. but I might just've missed it.

Keep on the good work!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:54 pm 
3. Flaming O

awesome fic kitten!!! i just read the whole thing now, love it to pieces, i like that you're doing it completely from Tara's point of view, it's a nice break from watching the drama in every characters head from an omnicent view, that's used in most fics, yay Tara! hehe, is it just me or when Tara is having her thinking to herself moment it seems to have an element of Film Noir to them hehe, it's great, keep goin!

Post subject: Part 13
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:51 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey! Thanks everyone for reading and for all the comments… You’re all great!

Bug23: You really think that? Thanks a lot! And you won’t have to wait long, ‘cause here is the next part. :)

VixenyTarasHot: No…don’t smack yourself =P You always leave me feedback and it’s always good…so, thanks! Hehe…. Oh, and thank you for saying you like it completely, you just made my day :-D And you’re right, they need some fun…so I hope you like this next part. ;)

Krokador: Oh...thank you so much for the lovely feedback! I’m glad you like this and don’t think it’s too bad :) And I promise you won’t have to wait too long, ‘cause they’ll be together soon…really ;) Oh, and I get what you said about this being fitted in present day…but see, there’re a lot of things and even parts of the road that don’t exist anymore… Besides, it was at that time that the road was famous and stuff…you know? So…that’s it. =P Hehe…hope you enjoy this next part.

Tank: Thank you so much! I’m really glad you like this :-D And yeah, I wanted to tell it from one’s point of view, to make it a little different from the other fics, you know? So…thanks for saying you like it! :) And as for this film noir element, well…I haven’t really noticed it…hehe =P But…thanks anyway!

Part 13

We drove for a few more miles. The road was getting more and more crowded as we neared the park. There were a lot of cars, with whole families, and buoys, hats, sunglasses…well, a genuine family day in the pool.

The sun was shining brightly in the sky, just like any-other summer hot day. Buffy pulled the car into the driveway and parked it in the almost full parking lot.

We opened our bags and searched for bathing suits. I didn’t remember bringing one, but I must have grabbed it in the hurry to pack, ‘cause luckily I found the one.

Having put on sunscreen, which Willow had, for our luck, brought with her stuff…well, what can I say, the redhead was very thoughtful…anyway, we put our swimming suits, in Buffy’s case, a bikini, all inside one bag and got out of the car, making our way to the entrance.

“It’s 13 dollars a person.” The ticket man informed.

Buffy turned to face us. As she opened her mouth to speak though, Willow spoke first. “I know Buffy, 52 dollars is a lot…but remember what we said before, in the next city, we can earn more money, okay?”

Buffy conceded. “Ok, I know…” She opened the wallet and paid the man.

Finally we entered the park. I think till that moment, I’d never seen so many people gathered at one place… Children and teenagers were swimming and playing in the cool waters of the pond, as families enjoyed the picnic tables, concessions, and boats provided at the park. It was really full.

“Wow…there is a lot of people in here.” Buffy commented, voicing my thoughts.

“Guys, look!” Dawn exclaimed, pointing to a slide in the side of a giant blue whale. “The blue whale…we have to try it!” She ventured excitedly.

“Yeah…let’s change clothes first.”

We rushed towards the restroom and changed clothes quickly. I was the first one to finish. Standing next to the sinks, I waited for the girls to come out. Soon, Willow and Dawn stepped out of their stalls. I gulped as I raked my eyes over the redhead’s full figure, my mouth suddenly dry. I’d never thought Willow looked so sexy as she was in that skin-tight bathing suit…exposing her long, smooth legs and showing perfectly the outline of her beautiful small breasts…I could practically see her nipples pointing out through the material and…

“…yet?” I looked away quickly as I registered Dawn’s voice. Oh no… Could I be any more obvious?

“S-sorry?” I asked, biting my lower lip and lowering my head as I felt my cheeks burn.

“Buffy…has she come out yet?” Dawn repeated, as she looked around, oblivious to my demeanor.

“N-no…I haven’t seen her.” I replied, trying to compose myself. I cast a glance over at Willow and noticed she was looking quizzically at me.

“She isn’t in here also,” Dawn continued. “All the stalls are empty.”

The redhead shifted her gaze to Dawn, “She’s probably outside.” She pointed out. “You guys go look for her, ‘cause I’m gonna put the bag in a locker”. She said and turned to go.

“Willow, w-wait.” She looked back at me and I held up my clothes.

“Oh,” The redhead said sheepishly. “Here”. She took the clothes and put them inside the bag. With one last smile, Willow left.

“Come on, Dawn.”

We headed off to look for Buffy.

In spite of the place being full of people, soon we spotted Buffy. As we walked towards her though, we noticed she was talking to this black-haired, blue-eyed, tall guy.

Dawn and I shared a look as we approached them.

“Hey, Buffy…” Dawn spoke first. “We were looking for you.”

“Sorry…you guys were taking too long, so I decided to check out the place.” Buffy replied, smiling brightly.

“Hum-hum.” The stranger guy spoke.

“Oh!” Buffy turned towards him. “Brian, these are my friend Tara and my sister Dawn.” She turned back to us. “Tara, Dawn…this is Brian.”

“Nice to meet you.” Brian stepped forward and took my hand to shake, running his eyes right down my body, staring deeply at me. I didn’t like it.

Pulling my hand away from his, I stepped backwards. “Y-you too.”

“I’m Dawn.” Dawn said as she stepped in my front and shook hands with him. Brian’s eyes never left me though.

“Uh, B-buffy.” I turned to face the blonde, feeling uncomfortable at the way this guy was looking at me. “I-I’m g-gonna look for Willow, t-tell her we’ve f-found you, o-okay?” I stammered, cursing my stutter as I swallowed hard.

“Okay,” Buffy responded. “I’ll be right there.”

“N-nice m-meeting you, Brian.” I said, turning to go.

“My pleasure”. He replied, smiling mischievously.

As I moved to go, Dawn grabbed my hand. “I’m going with you.”

“O-okay.”

As we looked for the redhead, I couldn’t stop thinking about what had just happened. This Brian guy, he was kind of cute…and he was checking me out, right? So why had I felt uncomfortable? I knew for sure that if that had happened a few months ago, I’d have probably felt all giddy to have a guy, a cute guy, checking me out. So why had I reacted that way? I sighed. I’d definitely changed those last few days.

Looking up, I saw Willow approaching us, her cheeks curved in a beautiful smile. I felt like I was going to melt at the sight… Yep, definitely changed.

“Hey, Will!” Dawn blurted. “Guess what?”

“What?” The redhead asked curiously.

“Tara has a new boyfriend!” Dawn let out, grinning.

“What?” The redhead asked again, eyes wide open.

“What?” I asked the same question. “Dawn, h-he is not my b-b-b-b…” I couldn’t finish the word, my stuttering making it impossible.

“He isn’t now,” Dawn interrupted. “But Will, you had to see the way Brian was looking at Tara…it was like love at first sight!”

As I opened my mouth to protest, Buffy showed up and cut me off. “Tara, you couldn’t let me have him, huh?” She said playfully. “I mean, with all these other cute guys here, why did you have to make the one I liked fall for you?”

“B-buffy, what are you t-talking about, fall?” I asked, slightly frustrated with the way things were going.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about…” Buffy replied, smiling teasingly, “When you guys left, Brian wouldn’t stop asking questions about you!”

“Yeah Tara…” Willow interceded coldly. “Looks like you’ve got yourself a boyfriend.”

What? No! “N-no Will…h-he is not m-m-m…” I frowned, sighing deeply. Why did I have to stutter right when I most shouldn’t?

“You don’t have to explain it, Tara.” The redhead interrupted. “I’m gonna take a look around…see you guys later.” She didn’t wait for a reply and walked away.

“Will!” I called out her, but the redhead didn’t look back. I turned to face Buffy and Dawn. “See w-what you guys have d-done?” I sighed, rubbing my neck in frustration. “I’ll go after h-her.”

Walking away from them, I heard Dawn singing. “Brian and Tara…sitting in a tree…k-i-s-s-i-n-g…” I sighed again, but decided to let it go. I had to go after Willow. Why had she left like that anyway? The girls were just fooling around. Besides, of all people, I was the one who should be angry with them, not her. It was almost like she was…what? Jealous?

I ceased walking abruptly as the thought sank in. Could it be it? Could Willow be jealous? Well, that explained a lot why she had reacted that way. But if the redhead were jealous, it’d probably mean she had feelings for me, right? No…I shook my head, not quite believing the thought. Maybe she was jealous in a friendly kind of way? I mean, we had never had boyfriends before, so it must be difficult to deal with the idea, even if it weren’t true. That didn’t make sense though…we had had crushes and Willow had never reacted that way. I sighed. I had to stop analyzing things so much.

A few minutes later, I spotted Willow sitting on the edge of the pond, her feet dangling in the water. Noticing she had her head down, I slowly approached the redhead, moving to sit down next to her.

“H-hey”. I ventured before biting my lip.

Willow looked up at me. “What are you doing here?” The redhead asked harshly. “Go back to Brian, he must be looking for you…” She lowered her head again.

“Will…” I took a deep breath, trying to be as calm as possible. I did not want to stutter again. “Brian’s not my b-boyfriend…and never will be.” Seeing Willow slowly lift her face again, I continued. “Buffy and Dawn were just t-teasing me because of the way he was l-looking at me. To be honest, I don’t even like h-him.” I flashed her my lopsided smile.

The corners of the redhead’s mouth also quirked up into a smile. “Really?” She asked softly, in a childlike voice. Willow was so adorable.

“Really”. I reached out to take her hand. “Now…let’s have some fun?”

“And some water too?” She said, still smiling. I giggled. So adorable.

“Yeah.” I stood up and hold out a hand to her.

She looked up at me. “Whale?”

I nodded smiling and we rushed off towards the giant blue whale. Soon, we found Buffy and Dawn, and joined them to slide down the large whale into the cool waters of the pond. We did that so many times that I even lost count. It felt so good to just have fun and not care about problems such as money, hurricanes, death, new-confusing feelings for your best friend…Ok, this last one was only mine. But even so, it felt good to just act like nothing else mattered…as if we were children again.

“Buffy, can we have ice cream?” Dawn asked as we were lying down on chairs, sunbathing.

Buffy sat up, shading her eyes with her hand as she looked around. “Yeah…” She stood up. Willow and I did the same.

Dawn turned to face the redhead. “Will…wanna race me to the snack bar?” She asked, smiling amusingly.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Dawn, it’s time to grow up, don’t you think? You should…”

“Okay”. Willow replied, cutting Buffy off. I laughed at the surprised look on the blonde’s face.

“Ready?” Dawn asked. “1…2…3!” And they took off running.

Buffy looked at me and shrugged. “I guess we’re the grown ups here. Let’s go?”

“No, you go ahead,” I offered. “I wanna go to the bathroom first.”

“Okay…” Buffy replied. “See you later.” She headed off.

As I started to make my way to the restrooms, I slammed into someone, almost losing my balance. “S-sorry.”

“No problem.”

Looking up at the voice, I suddenly felt like disappearing. “B-brian”. I choked out, dropping my eyes to the ground again.

“Hey, Tara”. Brian replied, smiling smugly. “Alone here?”

“I w-was just going to the b-bathroom.” I explained.

“Oh,” he let out. “Maybe you could make me some company and go to the bathroom later? I’m also alone here.” He reached out to take my hand.

“I d-don’t think so…” I stepped backwards, pulling his hand away. “W-weren’t you with Buffy?”

“Why?” He smiled mischievously. “Are you jealous?”

“Of c-course not.” I replied annoyed. Who did this guy think he was? “I…I have to go.” I turned to walk, but Brian moved to stand in the way.

“So soon?” He asked, grabbing my hand again.

“Yeah B-brian…just let me go.” I pulled my hand away from his grip. Where was Willow when I most needed her?

“Look,” Brian stared deeply at my eyes. “I won’t try anything with you…not if you don’t want to.”

“Ok,” I replied quickly. “I don’t w-want to.”

“Fine,” he backed away from me. “Just…if you change your mind, I live in Chandler, a small town between Tulsa and Oklahoma City. You could visit me and…”

“I’ll t-think about it.” I interrupted, forcing a smile to my lips. I’d do anything to get away from him. “N-now, I really h-have to go…bye.” I turned and walked away quickly, hearing Brian’s faint reply, “Bye Tara!”

Letting out a huge sigh of relief, I finally made my way to the bathroom.

Walking over to the snack bar, I noticed only Willow and Dawn were sitting there. Why did Buffy always disappear?

“Tar…” The redhead let out as she saw me approach. “What took you so long?”

“Oh…t-there w-was a small line to the bathroom.” I replied, kicking myself internally for not being honest…I just shouldn’t tell her I’d run into Brian, right? “Uh, w-where’s Buffy?” I decided to change the topic quickly.

“She went talk to some guy while we were waiting here for you.” Willow replied, grabbing a stool for me to seat. “So…” The redhead continued after I sat next to her. “Choose whatever you want.”

What? “Huh?” I asked, furrowing my brows in confusion. What had Willow meant by that?

Dawn giggled at me. “The flavors, Tara.” She explained amusingly. “Ice cream, remember?”

“Oh,” I replied sheepishly. “Yeah, of c-course.” I glanced over at Willow and noticed she was smiling teasingly. Had she done that on purpose?

“So?” the redhead asked, still smiling.

I playfully stuck my tongue out at her, “I think I’ll only have a coke.”

“Okay,” Willow smiled and turned to call the bartender.

“And what about you?” I asked as I noticed Willow had only ordered the coke.

“We’ve already eaten,” Dawn answered. “Sorry, but you were taking too long, and I was kind of hungry and…”

I smiled reassuringly. “That’s fine, Dawnie. I don’t care, okay?”

Dawn nodded, also smiling, as the bartender came back with the coke. Willow paid him and handed me the bottle.

“Thanks.” I gave her my lopsided smile. The redhead chuckled, offering her own smile in return and causing me to melt at the same time. So cute.

“Come on, Tara.” Dawn urged, snapping me out of my reverie. “I still wanna slide down the whale before the park closes.”

“Okay, okay…” I replied and drank the coke quickly. I had to stop doing that, I told myself. It was so easy to get lost in Willow’s gaze, in her beauty. I still didn’t know how come no one had noticed it yet. Or maybe they had, but decided not to tell me?
Well, I’d just have to stop doing it anyway. Or…at least I could try. Yeah, right.

“I think we should go look for Buffy,” Willow suggested after I finished with the coke.

“Again?” Dawn complained. “Why do we always have to look for her?”

“Dawn, I don’t like it either.” The redhead replied. “But I don’t think she should be alone here.”

“Yeah, Dawnie.” I agreed.

“But Buffy isn’t alone, you guys.” Dawn remarked. “She is with that guy, Kevin?”

Wow. I knew Buffy was the most experienced of us. She even had a boyfriend once. But I never knew she liked guys that much…or maybe this was normal and I was the one that never really liked boys? Well, it kind of made sense now. I shrugged at the thought.

“It’ll be quick…” The redhead said. “Come on.”

We stood and went look for Buffy once more.

This time, the petite blonde was sitting under a tree, talking to another black-haired, blue-eyed, tall guy. Huh, Buffy must really like this type of guys.

Nearing the happy couple, we realized they were holding hands. Willow looked at me and smiled. I didn’t know why she’d done that, but I smiled back at her. Maybe she was happy for Buffy?

“Hey, Buff”. The redhead spoke shyly. “Sorry to interrupt, but we’re going to swim and thought maybe you wanted to come with us?” Willow offered nervously and not waiting for Buffy to reply, she continued. “I know you’re here with him…hi again, by the way…but I thought we should ask you in case you wanted to come and…”

We all laughed at the redhead’s babbling. “Sorry”. Willow said sheepishly and ducked her head, blushing furiously. I chuckled and reached out to squeeze the redhead’s hand, finding her utterly adorable.

“Thanks, Will”. Buffy replied, still giggling. “But I think I’ll stay here with Kevin.”

Sighing, Dawn let out harshly. “I told you.”

“Dawn,” I said gently. “Buffy will meet us later, right Buffy?”

“Right,” Buffy confirmed. “I promise you guys I won’t take too long.”

“Okay,” Willow nodded, moving to go. “Nice meeting you again, Kevin.”

“You too, girls.” Kevin replied gently. I smiled at that. He seemed to be a lot nicer than Brian.

With a last smile, we headed off to the pond again.

“I don’t know why Buffy prefers being with a guy to swimming,” Dawn said innocently as we walked through the park. “You guys aren’t like that.”

Hearing Dawn’s innocent comment, I glanced over at Willow and we shared a quick look before she spoke again. “I mean,” Dawn continued. “Like you and Brian, Tara. He obviously liked you, and you…”

“T-that was different, Dawn.” I interjected.

“Why different?” Dawn asked intrigued.

Willow rolled her eyes. “Because Tara didn’t like Brian back.” She explained, slightly exasperated.

“So why did he like her?” Dawn tacked on.

“I don’t think…m-maybe…” I trailed off, not knowing what to say.

“‘Cause Tara is very likeable.” Willow blurted out, before ducking her head bashfully. My cheeks immediately flushed and I looked down, not really believing those words. Willow thought I was likeable?

“And…and that’s probably why Brian liked her.” The redhead hastily added, a deep blush settled on her cheeks.

“Okay,” Dawn replied absently as she looked ahead at the giant whale. “I wanna slide down the slide again…come on!” She said, before taking off running.

Willow looked up at me, her cheeks still flushed. Seeing the embarrassed look on the girl’s face, I suddenly felt this overwhelming desire to take her in my arms and let her know she had nothing to worry about; that she was also very very likeable, cared for deeply in fact.

As I opened my mouth to speak however, no words came out, my shyness getting the better of me. Instead, I simply smiled at the redhead, silently reassuring her.

Willow smiled back adoringly, the embarrassment gone. She reached for my hand and intertwined our fingers. “Let’s go.” She said softly, tugging at my arm.

We rushed towards the whale again. Willow smirked at me and holding my hand tight, she pulled me closer to her and we slid it down together, giggling all the way.

“Yay!” Willow let out happily after we fell in the water, twirling around like a child.

I laughed at the redhead’s goofiness and sneaking up behind her, I scooped up some water, playfully throwing it at her. Turning around, Willow giggled and threw water back at me.

“War?” I asked giggling.

The redhead didn’t respond and laughing, she scooped up more water to throw at me. I smiled. The war had begun.

A short time later, Dawn appeared and joined us in our water fight. The three of us stayed there for a few hours, swimming and having fun until we became too worn out.

Deciding it was time to go, we got slowly out of the water and headed off to look for Buffy once more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:47 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Woohoo! Waterpark updatey-goodness!

I don't like the Brian guy, I could've killed him if he had laid a single hand on Tara again :smash :fit2 Bad bad Brian.

I like Dawn's innocence really, its quite funny. Keep on writing you do this very well :-D . Can't wait (again) till next update. At least your not one of those cliff-hanger baddy that this board has :dance .

Post subject: Part 14
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:13 pm 
3. Flaming O

Reply:

Krokador: Oh...thanks a lot again for reading! I’m really glad you’re enjoying this… And you won’t have to wait long, ‘cause here is the next part. :)

Update:

Part 14

“Kevin is sooo cute!” Buffy said dreamily for the twentieth time since we had gotten back into the car again.

Sighing, Willow rolled her eyes. “Yeah, Buffy…we already know for the hundredth time that he’s cute, kind, gentle, doesn’t have a girlfriend, lives in Chicago and is a very good kisser.” She said in one breath. “Okay?”

“You’re damn right that he’s a very good kisser.” Buffy let out, still dreamily.

From behind the steering wheel, I glanced at Willow through the rearview mirror and couldn’t help chuckling at the frustrated look on the girl’s face. Pouting Willow was so adorable.

Dawn turned in the passenger seat so she could face the blonde and the redhead. “Buffy,” she began. “What’s it like?”

“To kiss?” Buffy inquired. “Well, it’s one of the best things in the world,” she explained contentedly. “Like with Kevin…he was so tender and attentive, not to mention…”

Hearing the redhead sigh audibly again, I lost track of Buffy speaking as my busy mind started to race. What would it be like to kiss Willow? I mean, not that quick peck that we’d shared, but really kiss her? Now, after all that had happened, I had to reconsider the possibility that the redhead might have feelings for me too…right? It could be a teeny, tiny possibility, but I knew it was there… Right?

My heart started to pound strongly in my chest as that thought sank in, leaving me both happy and terrified. I wouldn’t act on it this time though. Not after what had happened, when I’d almost lost the redhead. This time, I wanted to give Willow as much time and space as she needed to adjust to the thoughts she was having and figure out what she wanted. I just hoped she wouldn’t take too long…

“…so, that’s what to kiss is like.” I registered Buffy’s voice as she finished her explanation.

“Wow,” Dawn said dreamily. “Now I want to kiss someone too.”

“What?” Buffy let out stunned. “Don’t even think about kissing! You’re too young to do that, you hear me?”

“Why, Buffy? I’m already thirteen and…” Dawn argued and soon they were battling in that sisterly kind of way again.

I chuckled at those two. They’d never change.

After driving for a few miles, I noticed it was starting to get dark…time to look for a place to spend the night.

“Guys,” I said from the driver’s seat. “Can you give a look at the map, see how far we’re from Tulsa?”

Just when I finished asking the question, we passed a big sign on the roadside that read ‘Welcome to Tulsa’.

“N-never mind.” I said sheepishly, the girls giggling at me.

“So,” Willow began, giggles fading away. “We have to find a way to earn some money here. We have…uh…” The redhead paused for a second, before continuing, “around 250 dollars.”

“Right,” Buffy replied. “We can look for something we could do tomorrow morning or something…it can’t be that difficult…” She trailed off, silence following.

A few moments later, Dawn spoke up. “I think I’m gonna call mom tonight,” she said wistfully.

“Dawn, I don’t know if that’s a good idea,” Buffy remarked. “I mean, we can’t go on spending money on calls, you know? Maybe it’s better if you write.”

Dawn sighed heavily. “Okay…”

Silence fell again as we entered the city, passing some buildings, factories, parks, houses, until we finally found a motel.

After parking, we climbed out of the car, retrieving our stuff and making our way to the building.

“How much is the room?”

“The doubles are 20 dollars. Twin beds.”

“Okay, we’ll take two.” Willow glanced at us before quickly looking back at the attendant. “Where can we find a nice place to eat here?”

“Well,” the man began, eyeing the redhead warily. “Tourists usually eat in Metro Diner. It’s on 11th Street with College.”

“Thanks.” Buffy replied quickly and grabbed the room keys from the counter.

We rushed up the stairs and walked down the long hallway.

“Here, number 9.” Buffy opened the door and tossing her stuff on the floor, she threw herself over on a bed. “Uh, I’m really tired.” The blonde said, already closing her eyes.

“Oh, I want this one!” Dawn exclaimed as she entered the room. “It has a TV!” She explained smiling, also throwing herself on a bed.

Willow looked at me and shrugged. “I guess it’s just us again… Come on.” She closed their door and taking my hand, we walked further down the hallway.

“Number 13”. The redhead paused and opened the room door. Frowning, Willow looked back at me.

“What’s w-wrong?” I asked cautiously.

“Double bed”. She gestured nervously towards the room.

“Oh,” I looked inside the room before shifting my eyes to the redhead again. “I can t-talk to the man downstairs and…”

“No!” Willow interrupted loudly. “I mean…I don’t care…it’s, it’s big enough for both of us.” The redhead explained shyly and as an afterthought, she added. “Unless you don’t want to.”

“No…” I said softly. “I don’t care either.” I reassured, a tentative half smile on my face.

Also smiling, Willow took my hand again and we stepped inside the room, closing the door behind us.

“I’m gonna take a shower.” The redhead said after we’d arranged our stuff. “Get this pondness off me.” She added smiling.

I chuckled at Willow’s silly words and playfully stuck my tongue out at her, “okay.”

Smiling cutely in return, the redhead bent to pick up some clothes from her bag and entered the bathroom, closing the door as she went.

After gazing at that closed door for a few seconds, or what was it minutes? I shook my head and moved to lie down on the bed, tiredness getting the better of me.

I just lay there, staring up at the ceiling, and allowed my thoughts to wander, images of the redhead flashing through my mind. Willow in the bathroom, taking a shower. Willow naked under the spray. Water running over her body; first, drops falling on the top of her head, sliding down her temples, caressing her cheeks before dropping from her chin onto her chest and then sliding down the soft skin between her breasts, her stomach, cute belly button until tickling soft hairs and disappearing inside her thighs, before finally dropping on the floor.

Wow, I thought as I shifted in the bed, unwittingly opening my legs a little. I couldn’t stop myself from parting my lips slightly, as my breathing was getting heavier. Those drops of water were so lucky. How I’d like to run my hands over that same gorgeous body. How I’d want to feel that soft creamy skin, and caress every bit of it…

I shifted again, and took a deep, steadying breath, as I felt a light sheen of sweat breaking out on my forehead and upper lip. I reached up my left hand and wiped it off my lip, forcing any naughty thoughts about the redhead out of my mind…she could come back to the room in any minute!

Sighing, I sat up on the bed. Seconds later, the bathroom door opened and Willow stepped back into the room, her short red hair dripping with water. She looked at me smiling, before walking over to her bag and placing her stuff inside.

I watched in silence as the redhead stood and with a towel and a hairbrush in hands, she made her way to the bed, sitting next to me.

“Hey,” Willow said softly, and reached out to tuck a lock of hair that was sticking to my brow behind one ear. I gasped silently as I felt the touch, sparks shooting right through my body, landing directly between my legs and increasing the wetness that was already soaking my panties.

Holding my breath, I felt Willow’s fingers trace a path along my face, traveling from my ear to my cheek and caressing it softly, before lowering her hand to her lap again.

After gazing at me for a few seconds, the redhead spoke, her voice small. “You’re all sweaty.”

I instantly felt a warm flush crawl up my face at Willow’s comment and nodding, I ducked my head shyly.

“What?” The redhead asked softly.

I looked up at her, before responding bashfully. “N-nothing…I, I think I’m gonna take a shower too.” I didn’t make any move to stand however, and lowered my head instead.

Willow reached out a hand again and cupping my chin with her thumb and forefinger, she slowly lifted my face upwards, locking our eyes together. “No,” the redhead said simply.

My brow furrowed. “N-no?”

Smiling, Willow explained. “I like sweaty Tara.”

What? “W-what?” Had I heard right?

“See,” the redhead tacked on, smiling teasingly. “Sweaty Tara is so hot and sexy and so arousing…” She trailed off, smirking.

Oh God. I froze at Willow’s words. She thought I was arousing? Sexy? Hot?

“Now…” The redhead spoke again, handing me the towel and the hairbrush. “Can you dry my hair? Please?”

I could do nothing but nod at her request, my mind racing in every direction at once. I knew I had decided to give Willow space and time so she could figure out what she wanted. But I’d never guess she was going to be that fast and especially that direct about it.

“Tara?” Willow asked expectantly.

I shook the thoughts out of my head. “S-sorry…uh, turn around.”

Smiling mischievously, the redhead obliged. Not knowing exactly what to say or even what to think about the situation, I silently started to towel her hair dry.

After a few moments, being as short as it was, Willow’s hair was soon pretty dry. Putting the towel away, I grabbed the hairbrush and began to brush it gently.

Closing my eyes, I couldn’t help but enjoy the sensation of brushing the girl’s hair; it felt so good against my fingers. Taking a deep breath, I revelled in the strawberry scent of it, losing myself in the moment…in Willow.

Suddenly, I felt her hand on mine, stopping my movements. I opened my eyes again as I felt the redhead, still with her back turned to me, lower our now clasped hands to her lap, taking the hairbrush from me and putting it away.

By now, my heart was racing, my stomach had butterflies, and my legs felt like mush…not to mention the throbbing sensation between my thighs. What was Willow doing? What was she going to do?

Again, I felt the redhead lift our hands together and bring them to her…lips?

Wow…I gasped at the sensation of Willow’s lips on my hand, my mind going blank of all things but her. I didn’t know what was happening, but I knew for sure I didn’t want her to stop.

I swallowed hard as I felt Willow brushing soft lingering kisses on my hand, leaving me feeling entirely breathless. I couldn’t keep from moaning as the redhead parted her lips slightly, and slowly ran her tongue over my hand.

Closing my eyes again, I let myself wholeheartedly enjoy the feel of Willow’s tongue on my skin, more sparks of arousal coursing through my body. I opened my eyes as I felt the redhead pull back a little, but not a second passed before she replaced her lips on the inside of my wrist.

Inhaling sharply, she started to make a trail of kisses along my forearm, turning her body slowly towards mine at the same time.

As she reached the crook of my arm, Willow pulled her lips away and lifted her head, our gazes meeting. I noticed her eyes were clouded with desire; mine were probably pretty much the same.

“Tara?” The redhead asked softly, her voice almost a whisper.

“W-what, Will?” I managed to breath out, my voice sounding husky.

“Tar?” Willow repeated and reached out to stroke my face, soft fingers warm against my skin.

I wrinkled my brow. “I’m h-here…what is it?”

Willow brought her other hand to my shoulder and started to shake me gently. “Tar, wake up…”

Huh? My eyes shot open wide. Was I sleeping?

“Hey, sleepy head.” I heard Willow speak softly from my left side. I sat up quickly and looked over at her.

“Will?” I asked confused, unsure of what had happened.

“Hey,” Willow replied softly. “I just got out of the shower and found you here, fast asleep. Were you dreaming?”

Oh no. How stupid could I be? Of course it was a dream!

“Uh…” I bit the inside of my lip nervously, feeling my cheeks burn. “Yeah, d-dreaming…” I trailed off, trying to still my flustered movements, my breathing slowly returning to normal.

“What’s wrong, Tar?” Willow asked concerned. “Was it a bad dream?” She placed her hand on my shoulder.

Feeling the warmth of the redhead’s hand on me, I sighed heavily. Of course it was a dream…why would she say and do that stuff anyway? Willow would never want me…why couldn’t I just accept that fact? My eyes filled with tears.

Hurriedly so she couldn’t notice it, I lowered my gaze. “I, I think I’m gonna take a s-shower too.” I said, and moved off the bed.

Avoiding Willow’s concerned eyes, I silently walked over to my bag, grabbed some clothes, and made my way to the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:06 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

:gnome A DREAM .... a dream ... thats just cruel ... I like it ... :bow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:41 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

:) An update!!

Oh... poor Tara. They need to get together, I don't think Tara can live like that for much longer (what? I've been living like that for the past 3 years? don't remind me...).

Anyway nice update, with the whole "what we only got one bed?" thing, that was funny :P

keep it up!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:27 am 
10. Troll Hammer

SIGH! of course it had to be a dream! aarggghhh! :gnome

:bigwave hi! i just love your story! :bow :bow :bow

keep up the good work! :clap

looking forward to what sort of adventure the gang will have this time around. cant wait for :wtkiss . soon i hope! :pray

ces

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:04 am 
28. Com...plete

wow... :clap
i started reading this story a few days ago, and it's absolutely wonderful :flower
however, u r an EVIL, EVIL temptress, giving us all that and then making it a dream...so not fair!!!!!
anywho, please update soon, and give us some REAL :wtkiss !!!!!!!

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:39 pm 
3. Flaming O

Well, I was sure that was a dream. It just had to be. I feel bad for Tara. It seems that Willow is sending very mixed signals. Of course, I'm sure that Willow's having a hard time too but it's still frustrating. Looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:32 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi, thanks again everyone for reading! Sorry it's taken me a while to update, but here I am again, and hope you like this. :)

Replies:

Bug23: Yeah… a dream! But, well, at least you liked it ;) Thanks!

Krokador: Hi there :) Yeah, they definitely need to get together…soon! So, I hope you like this update ;) Oh, and I know exactly what you mean…I mean, living like that for the past 3 years… :p Anyway, thank you very much for the feedback! :)

tarebear: Hi back! I’m so glad to hear that you like this fic…thank you so much! :-D Oh, and hope you like this next part…and sorry for taking so long to update. Well, just hope you like it :)

CrazyTaraWitch: :blush Hehe...thanks for the lovely feedback! And…yeah, that was a dream. But maybe you’ll like this next part, and won’t say that I’m an evil temptress :p Hehe…thanks again for reading!

Graceland: Yep... it was a dream. And I also feel bad for Tara…I mean, Willow keep sending these signals, instead of just telling what she wants…it is frustrating…hehe. :p Well, hope you like the update, and thanks for the feedback!

Okay, now the update…here goes nothing:

Part 15

After feeling thoroughly refreshed, I finished my long shower, toweled myself dry, and put on my boxers and nightshirt. Picking up the dirty clothes, I turned the lights out and opened the bathroom door slowly not to make any noise; Willow could be sleeping already.

As I stepped back into the room, I looked over at the bed, and saw the redhead lying on her back, her head propped up on her arms, watching television. The room was kind of dark, illuminated only by the TV and a neon sign across the street, its light shinning softly through the window.

Willow looked up at me. “Hey,” she moved to sit up on the bed. “Are you feeling better?”

Nodding, I smiled slightly at her. “Yeah…thanks.” I replied and walked over to my bag, placing the clothes inside.

Turning around, I looked over at Willow again. She had moved to lie on the right side of the bed, her legs crossed. I noticed she was staring at me, a look in her eye I couldn’t quite recognize. Meeting my gaze, the redhead shook her head and motioned for me to join her.

Wordlessly, I moved towards the bed. I lay down on my back, resting my head on a pillow and turned to face her, our eyes meeting.

“What are you watching?” I asked softly.

“Oh!” Willow blurted, as if she’d suddenly remembered it. “The Muppets!”

I chuckled at her eagerness. “Muppets, Will?”

“Oh, come on, it’s funny!” She replied grinning, and turned towards the TV. Also smiling, I did the same.

We stayed quiet for a few moments until one of the puppets said something funny and we laughed. Then again, and again. Soon, without realizing, we were having fun with that silly TV show.

“Look, that one with the big nose is the best!” Willow exclaimed giggling.

My heart melted at the child-like enthusiasm. Willow was so adorable. I drifted my gaze from the TV to redhead’s face, my eyes tracing over every feature. I was so glad I was able to watch her; the way her cheeks would curve as her lips curled up in a smile…or the way her tongue would poke forward against her teeth when she grinned… I was just unable to drag my eyes away, mesmerized by the girl’s beauty.

“Tar?” The redhead asked, without moving her eyes from the TV.

“Huh?” I asked absently, still in a daze.

Willow brought her eyes to me. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. Maybe she’d noticed me staring at her?

Blushing, I looked back to the TV quickly. I had to be more careful, I told myself. Willow could…

“What?” Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Uh…nothing…” I replied quietly, still staring at the TV. “What…what did you want to say?”

The redhead placed her hand on my arm. “Tar…look at me,” she said gently.

My cheeks flushed, and my heart beat a little faster at the girl’s request, my arm tingling from the touch. Nervously, I turned to face her, wondering what she was going to say.

Willow gazed deeply into my eyes for a few moments, before she opened her mouth to speak again. “Uh,” she stammered, starting to fidget uncomfortably. “I, I…I’m hungry.” She said, and hastily moved off the bed.

My brow furrowed and I felt myself ache for the awkward look on Willow's face. Had I made her that uncomfortable?

Sighing sadly, I sat up on the bed, leaning against the headboard, and watched as the redhead rummaged through her bag for something to eat.

Seconds later, Willow turned around and moved towards the bed again, a cellophane-wrapped blue package in hands. Sitting cross-legged on her side, she turned to face me.

“Are you hungry?” The redhead asked softly. “It’s, it’s your favorite.” She gestured towards the package. It was those famous marshmallow sandwich cookies from Nabisco – two wafers squashing a marshmallow center. They were really my favorite.

I smiled faintly at her. “T-thanks.”

Willow smiled back and opened the package, handing me a cookie and taking one for her. As usual, she’d twist its two sides into half and give me the one with the filling, eating the other. And I’d do the opposite, twisting off one wafer, scooping up the marshmallow, and then giving her the cookie.

We stayed that way, watching TV and eating in silence, until almost all the cookies were gone. I guess we were really hungry.

“Do you want more?” Willow asked after a while, and looked over at me before continuing. “I, I think there’s one more package in my bag…but…if, if there isn’t, it’s okay, I could see if Buffy and Dawn have it, ‘cause I remember they took one from that motel this morning, you know? And…”

I chuckled softly through my lopsided grin, interrupting the redhead’s babble. “Will…”

Blushing adoringly, Willow took a deep breath, before speaking again. “I guess you don’t want more?”

I chuckled again. “No.” I said softly and reached out to squeeze her hand.

The redhead ducked her head bashfully and a few seconds later, she looked up at me again. “Bathroom.” She said simply, and moved off the bed, rushing towards the bathroom.

Sighing, I also got off the bed, and walked over to the large window, the soft pink and blue light from the neon sign streaming in through it.

Glancing at my watch, I noticed it was late, shortly after 11:00pm. I sighed again. I just wished I knew what to do…what was going on with Willow. One minute, she was being sweet and caring Willow…the other minute, she was being nervous and avoidy Willow.

My brow furrowed. Was I making her feel that way? Why wouldn’t she talk to me about it? Didn’t she trust me anymore? A lot of questions were passing through my mind…only questions, but no answers.

Seconds later, Willow entered the room again. She looked over at me, and slowly began walking in my direction. She sat down on the windowsill, and patted the place beside her. I silently sat down next to her.

Taking one of my hands, the redhead turned to face me, staring deeply into my eyes. “Tar,” she began, taking a deep breath before continuing. “I, I wanted to say I’m sorry…I know I, I must be acting weird lately, and…I’m sorry for that…do…do you…forgive me?” She asked expectantly, her eyes large, puppy dog like.

A slow lopsided grin spread across my face at Willow’s question. “You don’t have to be s-sorry, Willow.” I squeezed her hand in reassurance. “I was just w-worried ‘cause I didn’t know if you were o-okay.” I paused, taking a second to decide how to continue. “Are…are you okay?”

Willow's face broke into a smile. “I am,” she replied softly, but a second later, she frowned, as if she’d suddenly remembered something. “Actually,” she began, taking a deep breath. “I…I’m not.”

My brow furrowed. “N-not okay?”

The redhead shook her head. “See, I…I wanted to ask you something, but I didn’t know if I should.” She paused, taking another breath, her movements nervous. “‘Cause I…I thought I knew the answer…but now I…I don’t know anymore… So…I’ve decided that…I’m just…gonna ask it, okay?”

Wondering nervously what on earth Willow wanted to know, I nodded my head slowly, chewing the inside of my lower lip.

“Uh,” nervously smoothing her hair with her free hand, the redhead spoke again. “Do…do you still think it was a mistake?”

I crinkled my forehead. Mistake? What was Willow talking about? I’d never said anything about a mistake and…

Suddenly, the memory sprang into my mind. “I know it w-was…a m-mistake…and…and I’m s-sorry, okay? I p-promise you I’ll n-never do anything l-like t-that again…”

My heart raced, and I quickly looked to the floor and back up, the redhead staring expectantly at me. That kiss…she was talking about that kiss again.

Not waiting for my response, Willow spoke once more. “‘Cause I…” Her voice changed, shyness softening her words. “I…I don’t.” She swallowed nervously, and ducked her head bashfully.

Oh God. Was I dreaming again? Please don’t let it be another dream. I just couldn’t quite believe Willow had actually said that…but I didn’t understand it though. If Willow didn’t think it was a mistake, why did she leave the room that night?

Biting my tongue, I decided to venture. “W-why, Will?”

The redhead raised her head, eyebrows arched in confusion. Seeing that, I took a second to think about how to explain what I meant. “W-why did you walk a-away that night?”

“Oh”, Willow whispered softly, a look of understanding in her eye. “I, I didn’t know exactly what I wanted then,” the redhead explained, blushing sweetly, and spoke again. “But now I do,” she whispered meaningfully.

I was floored by Willow’s revelation, but as the girl’s words sank in, I felt a smile creeping into my lips. “You d-do?”

Also smiling, the redhead nodded. She reached out tentatively to brush her fingers against my cheek. I felt them trace a path along my face, travelling behind one ear as she tucked a loose strand of blonde hair away from my eyes. My heart was pounding so strongly in my chest that I could almost hear it.

Suddenly, I felt the need to also let Willow know she wasn’t the only one with such thoughts.

Gently squeezing the redhead’s hand, I opened my mouth to speak. “I…I don’t…” I began slowly, pausing for a second as I swallowed, and then continued. “…think it…it was a mistake.” I finished nervously, realising I’d actually managed to get the words out.

Willow sighed contentedly, her face breaking into a wide grin. She brought both hands to my face again, and rested her fingers against my neck, as her thumbs caressed my cheekbones. Seeing the need in her eye, the warmth, the emotion…it could only mean one thing. Willow was going to kiss me.

Feeling my heart hammering, I was frozen to the spot, unable to move, as my eyes remained locked with Willow’s. All coherent thoughts suddenly left my mind, as her eyes drifted towards my lips, and she slowly began bringing her face towards mine. Instantly, I closed my eyes, as she finally captured my lips with her own.

The instant Willow’s lips touched mine, the world faded, and I couldn’t focus on anything else, but the sensation of those soft and sweet lips, as they pressed themselves firmly against mine. The feeling was so extremely intoxicating, and all I could do was sit there, letting the sensation overpower me, and enjoying the spark of electricity that was now coursing through my body.

Instinctively, we both began moving our lips, opening and closing them slightly, as they brushed against each other. After a moment, I felt Willow slowly running her tongue over my bottom lip before taking it and sucking it into her mouth.

I moaned against the girl’s mouth and wrapped my arms around her back, bringing our bodies closer together. The only thing I could think about was how good Willow’s tongue felt and tasted, as she continued to tease my lip. The feel of it was unlike anything I’d ever imagined or dreamed of.

As she continued to suck and ran her tongue against my bottom lip, the redhead began moving her hands. She drifted them from my face, to run her fingers through my hair. I began to shiver, and could feel the arousal building up in my body, my breath getting heavier, and wetness trickling out of me.

Unwittingly, I also started moving my hands, working their way up and down Willow’s back, caressing her gently, and thoroughly enjoying every moment of it. I moaned again, as Willow finally let go of my lip, only to press her slightly open mouth firmly against mine again.

Slowly, I covered the girl’s mouth with my own, feeling the need to deepen the kiss. Letting my instincts guide me, I parted my lips further and slowly ran my tongue over Willow’s lips, silently seeking permission to enter.

Instantly, the redhead opened her mouth wider and thrust her own tongue into my mouth. As I met it with my own, I heard the girl moan loudly, and the sound of it brought this intense sliver of desire right down to between my thighs, causing me to let out a moan of my own.

I felt light headed as my tongue stroked Willow's, as I felt how hot the redhead's mouth was against mine. Instinctively, we both started circling our tongues around each other, more sparks of arousal shivering my frame.

At the same time, my hands were still running themselves along Willow’s back, touching her urgently. Another moan unexpectedly escaped my lips, as her hand traveled through my hair, and formed a fist that tugged gently on the blonde tresses.

Our tongues were now slowly exploring each other’s mouths, savouring the feel and taste of each other. I felt Willow move her left hand, and bring it to my waist. She wrapped her arm around it, pulling me even closer to her, both our bodies arching in desire when our breasts pressed together.

I released a moan at the contact, quickly echoed by the redhead. I felt her tongue trying to retreat, and I followed her into her mouth. I dipped my tongue into the girl’s mouth deeply; only to find it trapped, Willow had tightly closed her mouth over it and was now suckling it intently. I heard the redhead moan loudly again, and couldn’t help but let out a moan of my own, my whole body quivering with need.

I just couldn’t believe how turned on I was. For sure, kissing Willow was the most incredibly arousing experience of my life. How good the girl’s lips felt against mine and how soft and warm her body felt, as I caressed her fervently. And the feel of my tongue inside her mouth, as she sucked on it, only caused my desire to increase.

My breath was coming in gasps now, and as I felt the redhead’s hand moving harder on my back, I unconsciously arched my body against hers, rubbing our breasts together again. I could feel my nipples hardening at the sensation; feel the wetness gathering, as the incessant throbbing between my legs begged for release.

It wasn’t long before Willow slowly opened her mouth, releasing her hold on my tongue, and then pressing her lips firmly against mine again. With our mouths still wide open, I urgently pushed my tongue into the girl’s mouth, and they were now once again stroking each other, dancing and exploring every last crevice.

Willow’s left hand moved back up towards my hair, and she winded both of her hands in the blond locks. I could hear her softly moaning in between breaths, as we continued to play with each other’s tongue.

My body was aching with desire by now, and I realized I was going to be unable to control much longer, my need for Willow quickly escalating. I never knew anything could taste and feel that good, and I also knew I was quickly losing all cognitive function, that soon I’d do something in an attempt to ease my desire…and it was still too soon to do that.

As of one mind, we both slowly pulled our lips apart, and rested our foreheads against each other’s. Both our breaths were erratic, and I could feel my body beaded with sweat. I felt Willow’s hands cupping my face, as she pulled back a little. I opened my eyes slowly, locking our gazes together. I noticed the redhead was panting, her pupils dilated, and skin also beaded with a light sheen of sweat…she was just as aroused as I was.

Willow surprised me though, when not a minute passed before she once again brought her face towards mine, and reconnected our lips. She licked my bottom lip with her tongue, and then pressed forward hungrily, begging for entrance. Immediately, I gladly complied, my hands gripping the redhead’s back tightly.

My tongue was now swirling around Willow’s again, and I was wholeheartedly enjoying the spark of arousal induced by the girl’s lips. We kissed each other for a while before I pulled back a little, only to press my lips firmly against hers. I softly rubbed our lips together, capturing her bottom lip with my own, gently sucking on it before letting go.

After a moment, my whole body began trembling with need, and I couldn’t keep from moaning loudly into Willow’s mouth, overwhelmed by the sensation. Suddenly terrified of my own responses, I forced myself to pull away, not wanting things to escalate any further.

Breathing heavily, we gazed at each other for a few moments, silently taking a moment to compose ourselves. Willow’s thumbs were moving against my cheekbones, and I’d released my hold on her back, and was now caressing the girl gently, moving my hands up and down along her back.

As we continued to look into each other’s eyes, I just couldn’t believe that this had really happened…that Willow and I had actually shared a first kiss. Ok, a second first kiss. But either way, the experience had been unlike anything I’d ever known. And not because it’d been my first real kiss, but because it’d been with Willow…the girl I was definitely falling in love with.

A slow lopsided grin spread across my face at the last thought. Willow’s thumbs stopped moving, but she kept cupping my cheeks, as her face also broke into a wide grin.

“I know,” she said blissfully, her breath still slightly erratic yet manageable.

My own smile widened at her insightfulness, and unable to resist, I boldly leaned in, briefly brushing our lips together again before pulling away.

Looking back at the redhead’s face, I saw that she still had her eyes closed, her red swollen lips sticking out. “More,” she murmured softly.

I chuckled at that, and leaned back in, once again brushing soft lingering kisses against the girl’s lips, inserting my tongue into her mouth for a moment, and then pulling back.

Willow sighed contentedly as the kiss ended, drifting her hands from my face, to wrap her arms around my shoulders, and brought me into a hug, while my own hands gripped her waist tightly.

The redhead nuzzled my neck, and sighed happily again. “Mmm,” she softly murmured against my skin, bringing pleasant shivers down my spine. “You feel so good,” she whispered, pressing our bodies even harder against each other’s.

As our breasts crushed together, I responded with a moan, not really thinking straight enough to form any words. My heart was beating erratically as I took in the sensation of the redhead’s body pressed tightly against mine.

After a while, I felt Willow release her hold on me, and pull away from the embrace, only to press her lips against mine instead. A little stunned by the redhead’s sudden actions, I could do nothing but give myself over to the sensation, enjoying every moment of it. Our mouths were half open now, as our lips brushed together, closing and opening, when Willow slowly thrust her tongue into my mouth, and our tongues began tasting and exploring each other again, in yet another slow, passionate kiss.

I’m not sure how long we stayed there, kissing softly and caressing each other, while that blinking neon sign illuminated our mouths together. Eventually, one of us broke the kiss; I don’t really remember whom. But I remember one thing for sure though: that was definitely one of the happiest moments of my life, and nothing in the world could get in the way…nothing.

K.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:23 pm 
8. Vixen

I am bad at leaving feedback but have I told you I love you :P?
Thank heavens for Tara being HAPPY about the next moment... so its really not a dream. Great update!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:43 pm 
2. Floating Rose

YAY!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:59 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Phew....I didn't think I could take another moment of misunderstanding between those two. I'm glad you stuck with the intimacies of the kiss. Grabby hands and groping are great but its nice to relish in the kiss. :wtkiss ~Melissa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:13 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Not a dream!!! ITS NOT A DREAM!

Oh man Tara's just so lucky... could you rewrite my own life? hehe, too much asking here :P I'll write it myself lol...

so huh,, liked the update, there's just one thing... the kissing gets kinda repetitive, like, well, you describe it once, then the second one is as deeply described when its almost the same thing... Gets a bit heavy to read.

still, I loved it, and at one moment I was sure Buffy would interrupt, like knowck at the door... Buffy always does that... but then, Buffy difn't do it this time... prolly she was sleeping :P

Keep on writing! I love reading your fic :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:31 pm 
5. Willowhand

awwwwwwwwwwwww, that was great!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:01 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

:bounce :applause YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the way you described their kissing :wtkiss it was great

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:36 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

holy tara and willow sex goodness!
Im glad I found this fic! And Im glad Im able to read smut again! woot woot! I like this fic!!! I live near Barstow Cali and this whole Route 66 thing has be chuckling! I hope you update soon!

eta: So I was saving my 1100 post for something good, and well this was well worth it! yay Im troll hammer now! Not as cool as Gay Now but cool anyway!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:30 am 
3. Flaming O

Wow,
That was really cute and romantic. When they decide to kiss, they don't go halfway do they? Very good update. I like the way you portrayed Willow's nervousness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:07 pm 
28. Com...plete

Wow, somehow i missed the last update; stupid, stupid me :punish !!!!
but ijust read it, and wow...
it's not a dreams :party it's not a dream :party it's not a dream :party it's not a dream :wtkiss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:20 am 
3. Flaming O

Soooo gooooood!!! :applause

YAYY!!! i'm so glad for them, i agree that some parts where a teeny bit repetative, but it was so great that after they had awaited for so long that both them and we the readers got our fix of willow tara smoochies hehehehe :wtkiss