The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 642 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: (New AU Fic) Wild Horses....
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:54 am 
Hello everyone...I just wanted to say that I have been so inspired by so many other fantastic stories that I have read that I have decided to give it a go... this is my first attempt at W/T ff....so please be gentle yet honest....This story is totally AU.....no hellmouth...no witchy powers...just lot's of lovin' and every day adventures....

Things will probably develop slow....what can I say....I love a good build up....but there will be plenty of Willow and Tara goodness....

Disclaimers: I don't own Willow or Tara, if I did I would set them free...

Rating: Starts out totally PG...will progress as the story does...I will warn ahead of time...Okay....

I think that is it...I am open to any and all feedback...let me know if you think this is interesting enough to continue...I have the story outlined in my head...so hopefully updates will be regular....Oh yeah....I didn't use a BETA so I apologize ahead of time for any errors.....just going with my gut on this...

Now.....on with the story.....

Wild Horses

By

WillowFever

Part I.                Moving In

Willow watched as her new home came into view. She had to admit it was gorgeous as her emerald eyes took in the welcoming charm of her new home. A remodeled two story farmhouse complete with a wrap-around porch, porch swing and apparently a farm dog that reminded her of Old Yeller.

“Here we are. 1776 Meadow Run.”

Green eyes quickly scanned the landscape. The place looked just like it did the last time she visited. Wild flowers growing every where. Mature trees shading the house. Her uncle’s love for the home place dotted the yard everywhere. There were birdhouses hanging from trees with an accompanying birdbath. Several manicured rose bushes stood tall against the cedar house. A small smile spread across her face as her thoughts were filled with what awaited in t he backyard. “Hmmm….apple trees.”

She quickly paid her cab fare, grabbed her backpack and scrambled out into the crisp Ohio air stretching her Levi clad legs.

Ohhh…that feels good.

She barely noticed the cab leaving the long drive. Her attention having been grabbed by the yellow dog now approaching her.

“Nice doggie…good doggie…”

Willow placed her backpack on the ground.

“Please don’t bite me…”

The dog walked up to the red head slowly. She bent over and reached out her hand. After getting a good sniff of Willowhand the dog quickly determined the small stranger to be no threat.

“Yay…no biting. And that is a good thing…”

She glanced to the dog’s collar and smiled as she read its name.

“Dusty.”

The dog’s ears twitched and Willow smiled as Dusty turned and headed back to his resting spot on the porch.

Ohio was a far cry from Sunnydale and the late September air served as a brisk reminder. Willow pulled her thin jacket together as she grabbed her backpack and headed for the front door.

Her thoughts momentarily filled with her late uncle as she stopped just outside the door. He had stepped over this threshold countless time during his life. His passing wasn’t a surprise. He had been ill for quite sometime. However, the fact that he left his estate to Willow had been a surprise.

She reached out and twisted the doorknob making a silent vow to try and love this place half as much as her uncle had.

“Welcome home me.”

The living room seemed to welcome Willow with open arms. Against the far wall stood a massive stone fireplace. It looked as though it had been poured through the ceiling and every stone had landed perfectly in place.

“Oh….fire place….fire…equals warmth…equals no more cold Willow.”

The house definitely reflected her uncle’s love of nature. Everything was so rustic. Willow had to admit she loved the old west feel of the place, especially the Navajo rugs that were draped over the open balcony.

After lighting the gas fireplace, Willow walked on through to the kitchen.

“Nice.”

She had always dreamed that her home would have a large kitchen with a center island and here it was.

“Not that I’m gonna cook a bunch of gourmet meals….but if the mood strikes…”

She walked on through and entered the dining room. The large bay window looked out to what Willow dreaded the most: the stables.

“It just had to be horses…”

Her uncle’s estate had consisted of the house, 300 hundred acres of fenced in pasture with several ponds and at the present time 18 horses. If she remember correctly only three belonged to her uncle, the rest were being fostered and awaiting adoption. However, she bubbled over with gratitude knowing that he entrusted her with his beloved home and animals. Not to mention the handlers who had agreed to stay on after his death.

“Handlers….thus the handling of horses will be left to them….not me…”

Willow glanced at her watch will a smile on her face. According to her calculations, and assuming there were no catastrophes along the way, the movers would be arriving some time soon with the rest of her things. She decided in the meantime to walk out back and check out the apple trees.

Living in Ohio would take some getting used to but Willow was ready for the change. The slamming screen door seemed a thousand miles away as Willow focused on the apple trees in front of her.

She knew she would be able to continue working from home with only the occasional business trip here and there. And she knew Buffy and the gang would fly out and visit her.

Willow snatched an apple from a weighted down limb and took a bite. “Mmmmmm….sweet.”

She just hoped she would be able to make some new friends in this strange and chilly and apple friendly new place.

Tbc…

Feedback please…..

This is my first W/T fic….so please be gentle…..

Edited by: WillowFever at: 3/31/04 4:50 am

Post subject: Re: (New AU Fic) Wild Horses....
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:05 am 
Pretty interesting start, you got my attention! :pride

So Willow will be living in her uncle's farm, hm? What about the Scooby Gang? Will they make an appearance?

I'm guessing that Tara will be one of the horse handlers, maybe she will teach Willow to ride? :hmm

Keep up the good work, can't wait for the next update! :bounce

Alexis Reed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:00 pm 
well im curious

keep going

brittney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:19 pm 
Pretty nifty setup Willow has there, how old is she ? Is she still in school or at work, if so what work ? I'm guessing she's done with school, since a student would just move to Ohio to life in a big house like that :)

If Willow really gets to live close to horses for several months she'll probably get over her horse-fear. Maybe Tara is indeed one of the handles, hadn't thought of that myself yet. I figured that Willow might as well meet a certain young lady in town :lol .

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:39 pm 
Ooouu, a new AU fic to look forward too! :D And I've gotta say that this one looks pretty damn interesting.

Hope to see more soon. :D

-Holly- :heart

Baby, baby, baby when all you're love is gone, who will save me from all I'm up against out in this world

- Bright Lights - Matchbox Twenty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:08 pm 
Wow....

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far.....I am working on part 2 and have it almost finished so....hopefully later tonight I will get something up for you....

And...Willow is definitely out of school...has she graduated? Has she transferred to Ohio State? Will she become a barrel rider at the rodeo?

All is to be revealed.....just hang in there with me....

Ohhhh....my fingers are itching to type and my brain is on go!

Catch ya's later.....

WillowFever.....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:18 pm 
a barrel rider? Now that, I'd like to see.:) Great beginning. Which city in Ohio? Though it all pretty much looks the same. Looking forward to chap 2. Thanks.

Yvonne:peace

Edited by: onyxsundrops at: 3/27/04 4:19 pm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:22 pm 
Good evening everyone

Well I worked on this mostly late this evening...I hope you all enjoy it......Thanks so much for the feedback...please keep it coming....still working without a BETA so I'm begging forgiveness for misspelling and sentence structure...

And here We Go....on with PART TWO....

Disclaimers: See part one

Raiting: Still PG

Wild Horses

By

WillowFever

Part II                The Barn

Willow finished off her apple and tossed the core.

I could definitely get used to this

She took a glance over towards the barn and momentarily thought of checking it out.

What’s the worst that could happen…they break free and eat me alive…

She felt herself swallow hard as she squared her shoulders and then took a deep breath. Slowly, she made her way across the drive and to the barn door. She could hear movement inside. She just knew they were planning something.

As quietly as she could she reached for the door.

“Ack!..”

Willow jumped and screamed as she felt something at her feet. She looked down and felt a wave of relief settle over her.

“Dusty….you scared me….”

She let out a breath then reached down and scratched his yellow floppy ears as she continued talking to the dog.

“No more scaring okay?”

Dusty just wagged his tail and waited for the door to swing open. And swing open it did. Willow stood just outside the doorway and watched as Dusty fearlessly entered the barn. When she didn’t hear him yelp for help, she assumed it was safe to enter.

“Oh…my…”

Willow wrinkled her brow at what she saw. There were three horses stabled in the barn…at least what she thought were horses. They looked more like a rack of bones. The fact that they were all malnourished was unmistakable. And even though the red head was by far no expert in anything to do with horses, she knew that they weren’t supposed to look like this.

She felt her heart go out to these horses. She walked closer to one of the stalls that held a small white and black spotted pony. Her fear gave way to the pull from her heartstrings. She wanted to help these sickly horses. She just didn’t have any idea where to start.

“Hi there…”

The pony never moved. It just stood towards the back of the stall, watching with one blue eye and one brown eye, as the unfamiliar red haired human made sounds.

She wondered briefly how the animals had gotten into the shape they were in. Dusty looked well taken care of and she knew that her uncle would never have let an animal he owned get into this badly a condition.

Willow continued her observation of the horses. The other two were just as bad as the spotted pony and one even looked as if part of its ear was missing.

“Poor thing…”

The tan horse with the bad ear snorted and Willow decided to back quietly out of the barn and give them all a little space. No need in over staying my welcome.

“Come on Dusty…”

The yellow mutt came bounding though the doors and Willow closed them as softly as she could trying not to scare them.

“Huh…me scare them…who would have thought.”

The sound of a car coming up the drive sounded in Willow’s ears and she made her way toward the porch. She glanced at her watch again. If it were the movers they were right on time, but it didn’t sound like a moving truck.

She watched as a black Jeep Wrangler pulled over to the barn. She was hoping that maybe this would be one of the handler’s coming to take care of the horses. The door swung open and Willow couldn’t help but grin. All she could see was a cowboy hat and long legs.

She watched as the young man climbed out of the Jeep. He spotted Willow and started walking her way. She couldn’t believe this guy could even fit in a Jeep. The closer he got, the taller he got. Not that Willow was short. She was very proud of her five feet and six inches of height. But this guy had to be at least 6’4 maybe even taller. Where does he put his legs in there?

The young man stopped at the foot of the steps leading up to the porch.

‘Hi I’m Doug. I’m one of the handlers. You must be Jimmy’s niece.”

“Hi…and yes I am. I’m Willow….Willow Rosenberg..”

The young man pulled off his hat and reached out his hand.

“Nice to meet ya Willow.”

“You too.”

“We’ve all been wondering when you would get here. Kinda like having special out-of-town company.”

Willow smiled at the southern accent dancing in her ears.

“Well…this company will be staying for a very long time.”

The young man continued smiling at the red head. She was cute. He began to wonder if he would be able to work his southern charm on her. He would definitely give it a try.

“Well….I’m gonna head on over to the barn. Mac, the other handler should be getting here before to long…so don’t be surprised when you hear another truck.”

Willow just nodded and watched the young man walk away. He seemed sweet and she fleetingly thought about him being a good date potential for Buffy whenever she came to visit.

He’s cute…adorable accent…tall…yeah. Definitely Buffy material.

Willow sat down in the porch swing and used her foot to rock back and forth. She heard the roar of an engine and smiled. This has to be the movers

The yellow moving truck came into view and Willow felt her insides flip flop. Now she would be able to hook up her computer and contact the main office. The company she worked for, Dream Big Graphics had been very supportive of her move to the east.

They had an office in New York and one in Atlanta and they were hoping that the spit fire red head would make big things happen for them. They had even paid her expenses to move which impressed Willow immensely. She was only 23 and younger than most of her co-workers. She knew that most of them felt it was a gamble to invest in such a young woman. But after three months Willow single handily doubled the clientele from L.A. and had several accounts interested in switching to DBG to handle all of their graphic development and support.

She loved her job and the money was great. Now she had a beautiful home and a wide-open future. Things were looking up.

The movers began unpacking the truck and thanks to Willow’s neurotic organizational skills, all the boxes were color coded and labeled as to which room they went to. The unpacking was a breeze and in no time they were done, papers signed and pulling away.

As Willow watched the moving truck leave she noticed another vehicle over at the barn. Must be Mac.

She debated on going over to introduce herself, but decided to wait. She didn’t want to upset her two handler’s by getting in the way, especially on the first day of meeting them.

Maybe he’ll come over and introduce himself before he leaves. If not, I’ll catch him tomorrow.

Willow made her way into the house. She was tired and a little hungry. The apple only served as an appetizer. But all in all, she felt good and was looking forward to whatever the future had in store. She just wished that Buffy and the rest of the gang lived closer. But she didn’t want to start thinking about what she left behind.

Willow stuck her head in the fridge and began rummaging for food. She really didn’t know where any stores or restaurants were, so going out was not an option. Not to mention she didn’t have a vehicle yet. But that was okay, DBG had already arranged for her to go to any lot in the area and pick up a vehicle at their expense.

A loud knock at the door caused Willow to jump and hit her head on the fridge.

“Owww…”

She rubbed the sore spot and walked toward the front door and was pleasantly surprised at what she saw.

“Hi…I’m Mac.”

Willow just stood staring. There seemed to be too much to process. Was it the long blonde hair, the deep blue eyes, the warm and friendly smile or maybe the soft voice that greeted her? Whatever is was left her speechless and that was rare.

The blonde stood waiting for some kind of hello to come out of the woman in front of her but she appeared to be mute.

“ummm….the other care taker for the horses….”

Willow smiled and nodded her head before she realized she must look like a total idiot.

“I’m sorry…I wasn’t expecting…”

“A woman…”

Again, Willow could only nod.

“Most people don’t. All the guys around here call me Mac…short for Maclay…my last name….but you can call me Tara if you want.”

Willow had forgotten all about bumping her head just moments ago. It seemed to her that all thought had escaped her the moment she opened the door and found this gorgeous blonde standing there: smiling at her.

Somewhere in the back of her mind she heard a tiny voice screaming at her to say something.

“I’m sorry….I’m Willow…I hit my head and then you knocked…”

“Oh my! Are you all right?”

“Much better now…thanks.”

Tara smiled and decided right away that she liked this Willow person. Cute…very cute.

Willow still felt as if the breath had been knocked out of her and would later scold herself for being such a stammering goofball.

“Well…I better get back to the barn…”

For some reason Tara felt oddly inclined to stay and get to know this woman better. But she didn’t want to come across too pushy. She would have plenty of time to get to know her. She decided at that moment, when Willow gave her a full-blown smile that she would make time to get to know her.

“Yeah…okay….well…it was nice to meet you Tara.”

Tara such a beautiful name for a beautiful woman.

“Same here Willow.”

Willow…suits her. She is so adorable.

“See ya.”

“Bye.”

Tara turned and stepped off the porch. Willow closed the door but quickly moved to the window. She had a good view of the retreating blonde and she watched her walk to the barn and disappear behind the large wood door.

“Wow…”

Ohio had certainly just became more interesting.

Tbc…….

Feedback please……

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:26 pm 
OOuuu, love it! :D

Awww, they met! So adorable. :heart And Mac...what a lovely nickname. :D And Willow scared the horsies? :lmao Cute.

Can't wait to see more. :)

~Holly~ :heart

Baby, baby, baby when all you're love is gone, who will save me from all I'm up against out in this world

"Show me where to touch you." - Tara, It Ain't Fickle (Luciddream)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:07 am 
Awww this is so cute! Loving this story :applause

As soon as Doug said the other handler was named Mac I was all 'ooh ooh! Mac! Its Maclay!'

Im so glad theyve met already, and they seem to be making quite an impression on each other. Mybe Willow will be able to help those horses after all, with Tara to help her get over her horse fear. :p

Anyway, thanks for sharing, cant wait to read more!!

Stacey xx

Tara ignored him. "Your interruption has left me high and, well... I hardly think dry is the word." Returning home by tempest duer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:29 am 
Great story, i really like it:heart

But i wonder what happend to those 3 horses:( Tara will help them, right? And of course will show Willow how cute horses can be;)

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

Even in death Baby, i´ll never leave u!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:27 am 
I wonder why Willow didn't mention the condition of the three horsies to the Doug and/or Tara... with Tara it could have been kinda dreamy about their first meeting I suppose.. :)

Still, those three horses seem to need a vet more than a handler. Hmm.. who's going to pay for fixing up those horses and who is their owner ???

Willow using Dusty to test if the barn was safe to enter was cute :lol .

Is Willow in a big city, if she's there to attract new customers there must be some around after all :-) On the other hand if she's just there and can work from home, the size of the town hardly matters. (as long as it has high-speed internet :) )

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:36 am 
Wow....do you know how exciting it is to wake up and find feedback.....Woohoo.....it made my day!!!

So...there seems to be many questions raised...hopefully this next chapter will answer a few of those...and maybe cause a few more....(you should see my evil grin....hahahahahaha)

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the story so far...I'm having a blast writing it....

Okay......on we go.....

Wild Horses

By

WillowFever

Part III                After Shock

Tara closed the barn door behind her and leaned back against it. Wow…that was…..she was….Wow.

“Mac…come look at Frankie and tell me what ya think.”

The blonde was reluctantly pulled from her reflective moment. But, duty called and for the moment this is where her heart belonged.

She walked over to the spotted pony and gave him a thorough inspection.

“Well…he’s still not eating as much as I would like for him to be. His hooves look much better…still…I think we should call the doc and have her come and take a look at him.”

Doug nodded his head in agreement.

“Sure thing Mac, I’ll go give her a call right now.”

Doug took up the stairs to the business office that had been added on in the spring. It sure had helped a lot. Now, all the papers for each horse could be kept close by which was great if the vet needed history on a particular horse.

Of course, Tara prided herself on knowing every detail of history on each one of the horses. Her love for the animal and an eye-opening trip out west had prompted the young woman to begin what she now called The Pegasus Foundation.

At 24, Tara Maclay had found her calling in life. To rescue abused and abandoned horses, nurse them to health and help find them new homes if they were able. The foundation was a non-profit organization that relied on donations of all kinds. There were monetary needs, medicine, food, tack and always those hidden costs that seemed to jump out of nowhere. But Tara was grateful and felt extremely blessed with the set up she now had.

It seemed like fate had led her to James Rosenberg’s farm. He seemed to love animals of all kinds just as much as she did. After their first meeting, he agreed to house the sick horses and foster the one’s waiting for adoption. It had worked out great for both of them.

“Don’t worry Frankie…the doc will be here soon to make you all better.”

The small pony leaned into the gentle touch. Tara smiled as she patted his neck, remembering the day she found him.

It was an abandoned farm outside of a small town called Hillsboro. The drive didn’t take long but catching Frankie did. He had been left in an open field that was nothing but mud. No grass to eat, no hay, no water. Nothing. And as horrible as his living conditions were, he ran from the blonde now softly cooing at him.

It took about 3 hours to finally catch him. Tara drove him back to the farm and the two of them instantly started to bond. It was as if he knew Tara had saved his life, and the truth of the matter is she did. He would have died had he been left there much longer. Now, all she could do was hope and pray that he would pull out of his current condition and live a long and happy life.

Doug’s heavy footsteps coming down the stairs caused the small pony to jump a bit.

“It’s okay…Frankie…it’s just Doug…easy…good boy…”

Doug watched the blonde calm the pony right down.

“Vets on her way…should be here in about 20 minutes.”

“Good. How are the other two?”

Doug pulled his hat off and scratched his head.

“Well they seem to be fattening up a bit…but I think we should have her take a look at ‘em just in case.”

“Couldn’t hurt anything.”

The two handlers passed the time by rubbing down the horses and talking to them. They wanted them to get used to human voices. They were still a bit skittish, but nothing like when the first arrived.

In no time, the vet pulled in and had begun examining Frankie. His lungs sounded congested and that worried her. She continued her exam as a soft knock fell on the barn door.

Both, Tara and Doug jumped to get the door. Doug’s long legs got him there first, but the blonde was right behind him. Willow was a bit startled at the two smiling faces that greeted her so quickly.

“Hi…umm…I hope I’m not interrupting.”

Willow had watched as the truck pulled in. She couldn’t miss the large black letters on the side of the white truck. Ross County Equestrian Veterinary Medicine.

After a few minutes of playing tug-of-war with her reasoning skills, she had decided to make her way out to the barn.

Doug smiled and hooked his thumb in his belt loop.

“No ma’am. Just had to get the doc over to check on Frankie.”

He put on his most charming face, the one that worked with all the girls, and was somewhat surprised when the concerned looking red head looked right past him to the blonde behind him.

“Is he ok?”

Tara smiled at the worried expression on Willow’s face. She could spot an animal lover anywhere and the young woman standing in the doorway had a sincere worry about Frankie. This pulled at Tara’s heart.

“We don’t know yet. Doctor Turner is looking him over right now.”

“Doug….can you give me a hand?”

The tall man looked defeated as the vet called for his assistance. He would just have to try again later.

“Sure thing doc…”

Tara felt relieved that Doug had removed himself from between her and the red head. Now all she could do was smile shyly as she tried to think of something to say. Willow however had a ton of questions.

“Tara…why are these horses in such bad shape?”

There was a flutter in Tara’s stomach as the sound of her voice rolling off Willow’s tongue danced in her head. Has my name always sounded that good?

“They are rescued horses.”

“Oh. Well…who rescues them?”

Tara smiled again as she began to explain about the Pegasus Foundation and the agreement she had worked out with Willow’s uncle. Willow listened as Tara explained and she felt an overwhelming since of pride swell up inside her for the blonde.

“That’s amazing.”

Willow watched as Tara ducked her head. She’s blushing…how cute. I made her blush

“Well…actually there are a lot of things that we need to talk about. “

Tara thought that sounded very boss-like and she didn’t want to sound boss-like.

“I mean…you know…when you have time…after you get settled in and all.”

Tara let out a deep breath as the two young women stood lost in the moment. Both of them feeling a bit giddy while exchanging shy smiles.

Can she get any cuter

“Mac…the doc needs you.”

The quick pout on Tara’s face answered Willow’s question. Cuter by the minute

The moment faded as Doug’s voice broke the smile-fest.

“I’m free tomorrow…if you wanted to come by and talk…I could make us some lunch…or something.”

Willow’s words trailed off as she saw the answer shine in Tara’s eyes.

“Yes…I mean…I usually come by every day…but tomorrow will be a special day…”

Willow grinned. Special Day! I like that

“Great…then I’ll see you tomorrow…”

Both girls continued to trade smiles. It felt as if they were ending a first date and just didn’t know how to bring it to a close.

“Noonish?”

Tara nodded her head as she heard Doug call out to her one more time.

“I gotta go…”

“Of course…see ya tomorrow.”

“Okay..”

Tara turned and made her way over to Frankie as Willow walked back to the house. Her mind racing on what to fix for lunch and what to wear. Maybe I should call Buffy….get her thoughts…

With an extra bounce in her step the red head made her way into her new home and busied herself by putting things away. If she didn’t she knew she would be sitting in front of the window like a crazed stalker waiting to get a glimpse of the blonde as she left for the night.

But who wouldn’t want a glimpse of her. She’s beautiful…and sweet…Oh! And those eyes….and those lips…..

Willow grabbed a box and cut it open. She definitely had to get working or things would not get put away tonight and she didn’t want Tara to see a bunch of boxes sitting around tomorrow when she came for lunch.

“Yay…a special day….with a special woman.”

Before she finished the first box, Willow had pushed it aside and grabbed the phone. Her excitement couldn’t be held back. Boxes be damned Her fingers dialed the familiar number and the planning began.

“Buffy….it’s Willow…”

tbc……

Feedback please…..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:28 pm 
Hiya,

I really like this story, and i think the plots really good too. Can't wait to see what happens at lunch! Update soonish i hope?

Luv Hannah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:32 pm 
:lol Willow is already head over heels geez i wonder what will happen when they´ll meet the next day :p

more more more :bounce

SoL/Natti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:20 am 
Hey WillowFever!

I just found your new story and I gotta say that I'm really loving it. Too bad it's AU though, I live in Ohio and could get to Ross County in about an hour and would be tempted to find that farm. And horse rescue, very admirable. I could really see Tara doing that.

Oh yeah, just wanted to mention that I had a dog named Dusty when I was little, got her from the Humane Society.

Needless to say, you've got me hooked!

Keep up the good work.

Wimpy

Quote:
You have the most glorious boobies in all of Sunnydale. (Willow to Tara - Sassette's Vignettes)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:50 am 
Owww... how sweet rescueing horses. Yeah I can see Tara do that easily. Just wonder if the financial side of that was handled by the will as well. Because Willow can hardly sell the house to keep the horsies fed :)

Good to know Tara's approx. age, I like to know such things. Gives me more to imagine the story I guess. I can see Willow practically bouncing back into the house with joy, heh. Amazing she kept that in, good thing she busied herself inside :lol

Grimmy

--

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:33 pm 
:peace

My goodness.....you guys are awesome!!!! Keeps me fired up...

I just wanted to let everyone know that the next part is almost finished...I work nights part of the week and days the other part....so my sleep schedule is a little off balance...but the good thing about working nights is that leaves me some free time to hand write the next parts....it's just when I go to type them I end up adding more and more...lol...Okay...

I could definitely see Tara doing the horse rescue...she has such a big heart...

Hopefully later today you'll get to see what happened during lunch.....

Take care and Thank you to everyone who has replied so far...you guys Rock!!!! :bounce :bounce :bounce

:pride

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:22 pm 
Here is a little update....Enjoy!!!!!

Disclaimer: See part one

Rating: I guess we are still in the PG PG-13 area...

Okay....on with the story....

Wild Horses

By

WillowFever

Part IV                Something Special

Tara pulled in the drive at a quarter till 12:00. She hoped that Willow wouldn’t mind if she came a few minutes early. Truth be told, she had been ready to leave over an hour ago but she knew that would definitely be to soon to arrive. She looked in her rear view mirror one last time and stepped out of her Chevy 4x4.

“Here goes…”

Willow stood in her bedroom scrutinizing her reflection. She had all but gushed about the blonde to Buffy last night on the phone. She just had to talk to someone. Buffy had insisted that she wear her rust colored jeans and green top. She said it brought out her eyes and the way her hair shined.

“Okay…Rosenberg…don’t spaz out.”

She ran her hands down her sides one last time as she heard Tara’s truck pull up outside.

“It’s just lunch…she needs to talk with me about something. I hope she’s not leaving…”

Before Willow kicked into a high gear babble-a-thon, she heard Tara knock on the door. One final look and she was ready.

“Here goes…”

Tara waited patiently for the door to open. She scratched Dusty’s ears and was about to say something to him when she heard the door handle.

“Hi.” Oh wow…she is gorgeous

“Hey…come on in.” Breath…Willow…breath….don’t spaz…don’t spaz.

The blonde walked through the front door. She had been in this house more times than she could count. It looked the same, give or take a few things. She tried to keep her eyes focused on her surroundings and not the gorgeous redhead in front of her. But that proved impossible.

“I hope you don’t mind that I came a little early.” I just couldn’t wait to see you again

“Not at all…it’s nice to have company actually.” Especially your company…mmmm and she smells so nice…like…vanilla

“Please…make yourself comfy…you want something to drink?”

Tara nodded her head and quickly tucked a blonde lock behind her ear as she took a seat on the sofa. She watched Willow walk to the kitchen. Nice

“I’ve got…iced tea…coke…water…?”

“Tea is fine.”

“Two teas coming up.”

Willow returned with their drinks and sat down.

“So…how’s Frankie?”

“Oh…he’s gonna be okay. He’s a little congested but nothing that can’t be taken care of.”

“That’s great.”

Tara sipped her tea hoping that she would be able to swallow without choking in front Willow. It seemed whenever she got nervous she always did that and she was extremely nervous at the moment.

Willow sat close but not to close. Whenever she looked into the blue eyes across from her it felt as if she had known Tara her entire life but the truth was they didn’t know each other well enough to be any closer than what they were.

“So…you said yesterday you needed to talk with me…”

Tara just smiled momentarily lost in the beauty sitting next to her. There was something about the way that Willow kept twisting the bracelet on her wrist that told Tara she wasn’t the only nervous girl in the room.

“Actually…yeah.”

Willow sensed seriousness in the blonde’s tone and settled further into the couch. She wanted to give Tara her complete attention. Like she didn’t have it the moment you saw her

“I don’t know what all you are aware of about the farm…”

“Well…I know that it is making money…it’s beautiful….it boards abused and neglected horsies… That earned a shy smile from the blonde. “and I met you here.”

Willow spoke the last part so softly she wasn’t sure if she had said it out loud or not. But Tara heard her loud and clear. The sweet blush that crept over her face confirmed to Willow that she indeed had voiced her thought.

“I’m sorry…it’s just…”

“No. You don’t have to apologize…believe me I understand.”

Both girls smiled sharing an unspoken acknowledgment of mutual attraction. Tara began to inform Willow of all the ways that the farm was making money. From boarding horses, to renting out pasture to its annual Oktoberfest, there seem to be a lot of activity that went on around the farm. And as long as that activity meant that Tara Maclay would be around that was all right with Willow.

They talked for a while longer laughing and joking and falling into a very comfortable rhythm of conversation. Willow told Tara all about her friends back on the West Coast and about her bad birthday-pony experience.

“I promise…I will get you out on one of theses horses some day and you will have a blast.”

Willow smiled at the blonde’s enthusiasm.

“We’ll see…”

The two continued talking and Tara told Willow all about growing up in Ohio and the Native American history that surrounded the area.

“Actually the county we live in is home to Chillicothe: Ohio’s first capitol.”

Willow could only nod and smile. She is amazing…and she is here…in my house…talking with me… Willow let out a soft sigh. Can this day get any better

Just then Tara reached out and grabbed Willow’s arm. She was so caught up in the story she was telling that she didn’t even realize what she had done.

Oh yeah….getting better

“Maybe we can go to Tecumseh…it’s an outdoor drama…kinda thing...”

For a moment the blonde was struck by her forwardness to reach out and touch Willow. But she had to admit her skin felt warm and soft under her fingers…in an attempt to get control of herself, she slowly released her hold on Willow’s arm, blushing ever so cutely at the red head.

“I mean…if you like history…you would probably have a good time… Oh my God…did I just ask her out

Willow nodded her head.

“I love history…and getting to know some background on my new surroundings would be great…”

Did she just ask me out…did I just say yes…pull it together…don’t spaz…

Willow had to do something quick. She felt herself drowning in the blue of Tara’s eyes and knew she might do or say something totally spazmatic if she didn’t snap out of her Tara induced haze.

“So…tell me more about this festival.”

“Only on one condition Willow Rosenberg.”

Willow raised a questioning eyebrow. Name it and it’s done

Tara leaned over closer to Willow and the red head felt her breath catch. Don’t look down….don’t look down…focus on eyes…eyes…..too late…

It was just a glimpse, but a glimpse was all she needed. She felt herself starting to sweat and she could have sworn she heard the ice rattling in her glass from her shaking hands.

“Yes?”

“Feed me…I’m starving…”

Willow let out a breath she didn’t even realize she was holding and gave a weak smile to the giggling blonde.

Torture….pure torture…and I’m loving it.

The two of them made their way to the kitchen and Tara insisted on helping Willow prepare lunch. To anyone who may have looked in on them they would have appeared to be doing some mundane routine they had done together for years. They moved in perfect sync.

But to Willow and Tara it was all they could do to hold on to anything: their nerves having taken over control of their bodies. But there was no way either of them would admit it.

After a few stolen glances, deliberate “accidental” touching of the hands and uncontrollable laughter, they sat down and began to eat.

“Mmmmm….this is good…”

The red head nodded in agreement as she took a bite of her chicken salad sandwich. She picked up a paper towel, wiped her mouth and put on her resolve face.

“Okay….now tell me more about this festival…”

tbc…..

So….still liking it….

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:41 pm 
Oh yes...still very much with the liking.

Please continue :)

--------------------------

Tinna Karen

-tölvunörd í fyrsta ættlið

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:58 pm 
Hey WillowFever :bigwave

Yes, still lovin it. Very good.

Yes, I've been to Tecumseh -- very cool!

And yes, I love Willow catching a glimpse -- oh my!

More soon please.

Wimpy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:48 am 
Well.....thank you...thank you...thank you...

Tinnakaren: So glad you are still loving it and hanging in there with me....there is more on the way....:bounce

WimpY: Wow....another Buckeye.....so cool....I too have been to Tecumseh....loved it....yeah...I thought the peek would be cute....lol....how could Willow not...or anyone for that matter....:banana

Okay.....I am putting up a short update....hope you all enjoy....let me.....

And away we go........

Wild Horses

By

WillowFever

Part V: Tingles

“So…every year you have a two-day camp out, bon-fire included…with trail rides…live music…pumpkin carving contests and games for the kids…?”

Willow was impressed and couldn’t wait to invite Buffy and the rest of the gang to Ohio for the weekend festival. Maybe by then I’ll be able to show them I can actually stand close to a horse without freezing up like a Popsicle.

“And we also take different age groups through the barn and let them pet the horses…kinda get them used to them…”

Tara ducked her head and gave Willow the most adorable crooked grin and softly added.

“So….that way they don’t grow up with a fear of them…”

Willow could only grin as that last comment came flying at her. She’s so cute when she smiles like that

“I know….I know….but it was a mean pony…a possessed pony….I’m telling ya it would have scared you for life too.”

Through her giggles Tara promised to take Willow riding.

“It will be fun…safe…and…did I mention fun?”

“If you say so”

I can’t believe I’m actually considering riding a horse. But then again if I ride with Tara…there is the whole chance of me getting to wrap my arms around her and hold on…or maybe I’ll sit in front of her…and she can wrap her arms around me……does it really matter as long as there is arm wrapage…..I think not!

Tara watched as different emotions played across Willow’s face. She knew that the wheels were turning and as much as she wanted to stay here in Willow’s company she knew she had to check on the horses.

“Well…I better get out to the barn…”

Willow’s heart dropped as soon as Tara mentioned leaving. She could see hesitation on the blonde’s face as well.

“Yeah…and I gotta finish getting my computer set up…”

Both girls stood and silently wished for the other to make some kind of move. A hug…a squeeze of the hand…anything but neither one made a move. They just stood in front of each other: lost in the moment and scared to break the spell they both seemed to be under.

Tara found herself lost in pools of green. Willow’s eyes were the most incredible eyes she had ever seen. It felt as if she could see the red head’s very soul, shining through and reaching out to her: wrapping around her like a warm blanket on a cold winter’s night. Now or never Mac

She decided to take a chance and so she slowly reached out and took Willow’s hand in her own. She must feel me shaking

“Lunch was great…”

She gave Willow’s hand a squeeze and was delighted when she felt a gentle squeeze in return.

“I have had an absolutely wonderful time Willow…thank you for everything.”

Willow locked her knees when she felt Tara’s hand slide into hers. She knew if she didn’t she would have surely hit the floor. Her skin is so soft…so warm…I wonder if she can feel me shaking

“Me too….I mean…wonderful time…had by me…”

Tara smiled another crooked grin. Willow was so cute. She could definitely get used to spending her lunches…and dinners….and possibly even breakfast’s with the adorable red head from California.

Slowly their hands slipped apart and Tara made her way to the back door, with Willow a short step behind her wearing a million dollar smile. Tara turned and gave Willow one last look.

“I’ll see ya later…”

“Without a doubt.”

Willow stood in the doorway and watched Tara walk towards the barn. She knew in that moment that she wanted to get to know everything there was to know about Tara Maclay.

“Tara…”

The blonde turned and saw Willow running to catch up with her and she couldn’t help but smile as she held her hand up to shade her eyes from the bright sun.

“I just wanted….I mean…if you would like to…maybe we could…” Just say it goof head

“I think you are a wonderful and beautiful woman….and I would love to get to know you better…that is if you wa…”

Willow couldn’t finish her sentence. Tara leaned over and placed a small kiss on her cheek.

“I would love that…”

Willow stood in stunned silence. All she could do was nod her head and watch as Tara turned and disappeared inside the barn. Slowly she reached up and touched her cheek.

It tingles…

Tbc…….

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:11 pm 
Woo and Hoo!!

That was such an adorable update!! :bounce I can't wait to read more :D I'm addicted. :)

Thank you.

~Holly~ :heart

"Show me where to touch you." - Tara, It Ain't Fickle (Luciddream)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:06 pm 
This is an incredibly sweet story. I love the interaction, the setting, the horses - everything! Great job :bounce

-shuyaku

Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:11 pm 
Aaaawwwww.... soooo sweet... well at least Willow has one friend in this strange new town, heh. It was nice to see them all nervous yet so attracted.

A farm making money, I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised by it but for some reason I was imagining a farm hardly in use with only those horsies as being nice to animals. Not so much as a making-money thing. Thats good though, who manages the farm stuff ???

Grimmy

--

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:30 pm 
I had a huge smile on my face the entire time I was reading this. I can't wait for more.

Post subject: Re: (New AU Fic) Wild Horses...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:56 pm 
This is such a great fic. I'm really enjoying the interaction between Willow and Tara. Eager to read more about the farm and maybe a horseback riding lesson? :)

Can't wait for the next update!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:29 pm 
Hey WF! :bigwave

This is moving along so well. Just gotta say the tingle is cool, very cool.

Willow is getting a little more bold, but I can't blame her.

Yep, Buckeye born and raised.

Can't wait to see what's next!

Wimpy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:43 am 
:peace

Wow!!!! Imagine my surprise when I get home from work this morning and find all of these wonderful responses to Wild Horses....I'm so glad that everyone is enjoying the story....and I guarentee there will be riding lessons....:bounce

This is a rather short update....just a little after-lunch stuff...

I hope you enjoy....I am off work tonight...but I play and sing in a band and we have rehearsal tonight...so I'm not sure If I will get a chance to post again today....If so it will be much later tonight...and that is if I get the next part finished....

Now I can go rest and sleep well knowing that you all are enjoying the story.....and speaking of the story....

here we go....

Disclaimers: See part 1

Ratings: PG-13

Wild Horses

By

WillowFever

Part VI:        Conversations With Apples

Willow snapped the final chord in place and flipped the switch that would bring her computer to life. Back in business She was pleased with herself. It had only taken two hours, a shower and a Scooby-Doo sweatshirt and baggy jeans before she felt able to work with wires and hardware.

Tara’s kiss from earlier had rendered the red head speechless and disoriented. Willow felt giddy and light headed. She actually had to look down before walking back into the house to make sure her feet were on the ground.

Now…I just need to focus…Apple’s will help with the focusing…not to mention I’ll get to sneak a peek out the window…

Willow bounded down the stairs and headed for the kitchen. Her eyes scanned the large bowl on the counter until they settled on the most tempting looking apple. Willow grabbed it and began polishing it with her sleeve. Her mind wandering to the barn and what might be happening out there.

She walked over to the window and glanced out. She could see Tara and Doug leading Frankie around the corral by a rope. Tara was a vision to behold. Her long blonde hair had been pulled back into a ponytail and her tennis shoes replaced by bright yellow boots that were almost knee high and covered in mud. Her jeans hugged all the right places and Willow could only imagine how her eyes must look against the dark blue Nike windbreaker that Tara had put on..

Willow looked at her apple and grinned. “She kissed me.”

Willow shook her head. “Now I’m talking to apples…what’s next?”

One last look outside and Willow decided that she had better get back to her computer and check in with the main office. She glared at the apple in her hand…“I Gotta stay busy….focused…..concentrate….”

Willow took the steps two at a time letting out a big ‘Woohoo’ once she got to the top.

“She kissed me…”

Doug swung the doors open that led to the walking pen. They had decided that it would be a good idea to get Frankie out and moving to help with his congestion. Doug couldn’t help but laugh at the sight of his long-time friend.

“What did you do Mac…jump in pigpen?”

Tara just rolled her eyes.

“Ha..ha…very funny Dougie…I cleaned out the stall from last week that someone, who shall remain nameless but whose initials are DOUGLASS J. McFARLAND, was supposed to clean out and never did.”

The guilty young man hung his head in mock defeat.

“Can you ever forgive me?”

“Maybe…I’ll have to think about it.”

The two friends laughed as they hooked Frankie to the tie-out. For the time being he would only be able to walk in circles, but that was okay. He needed this time to get used to his new home and the other horses that he would be sharing the place with before they turned him out in the pasture.

“So Mac…I was thinking…”

“That’s scary…”

Tara couldn’t help but tease Doug…he was like an older brother…except not nearly as annoying.

“Yeah…well…we all have our moments. Actually, I was thinking of…maybe…asking Willow out…what do you think?”

Tara’s eye’s nearly popped out. All she could do was mutter a few sounds and make rapid hand gestures. Doug lifted his dark eyebrows trying to draw an answer out of the speechless blonde.

“Well…do you think she would go out with a country boy like me?”

“Ummmm….well….actually….no.”

“Well…shoot me down why don’t ya?”

Doug patted Frankie on the neck as he continued to circle around.

“Is it my height…it’s my height…I’m too tall ain’t I?”

“Dougie it’s not your height…trust me.”

“Well how do you know….did she say something about me?”

Tara scratched her chin as she contemplated on how to answer him. Might as well get it out there

“No she didn’t say anything about you…it’s just she wouldn’t go out with a country boy like you….because she is going to go out with a country girl….like me.”

Doug just shook his head.

“Damn…why do you get all the cute ones?”

Tara just laughed at the look on Doug’s face.

“Don’t worry Dougie…I’m sure you’re going to meet some wonderful woman someday who will not be able to escape the Douglas charm.”

“Yeah…well…I wish that day would get here. I don’t even have a date for the camp-out. That….just….sucks.”

Tara tried to cheer Doug up but it was too late. He had already dove into despairville and rented a condo. Although she remained cool on the outside, Tara felt like exploding on the inside but she couldn’t do that in front of Doug, not now anyway.

The day had been wonderful. Her mind kept drifting back to her lunch with Willow and she couldn’t help but wonder what the cute red head was doing now. Maybe if she got a chance she would stop in and say goodnight before she left. only if there is a light on.

She didn’t want to overstep her bounds or come across to strong but she did hope and pray that she would see a light on before she left.

please…be a light on

tbc…

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:34 am 
Lovely update, well done :clap

Quote:
Damn…why do you get all the cute ones?

Hehe well why does she get all the cute ones HUH...well maybe cuz she is a lovely and sexy person????:hmm

I cant wait to see till Willow is riding a horse, hopefully with Tara behind her:D

SoL/Natti

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 642 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next