The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1518 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: FIC: The Edge of Silence
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:59 pm 
This is a sequel to "The River in Me" which can be found in the Completed Fics N-Z.

Title: The Edge of Silence

Rating: PG-13 to R for the most part, but some sections will be NC-17.

Disclaimer: All the characters appearing in the series Buffy The Vampire Slayer as well as the names, titles and back story are the sole copyright property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. No copyright infringement was intended in the writing of this fanfic. I’m just playing in the sandbox. The chapter headings are from “Darkness, Darkness” by Solas (covering a Youngbloods song) - no copyright infringement intended here either.

Notes: Setting is during Season Four immediately after events of “Who Are You?” and picks up almost immediately after my fic "The River in Me".

Warning: Unlike “River” this one is going to be long, and isn’t completely written and just awaiting beta. So updates will be slower…. Kittens, you know the story; this is my version of what else happened. There’s lots of goodness, sex, and increasing angst since it will include “Superstar,” “WTWTA” and “NMR”.

Ciao, Triscuit7

Chapter 1: Be My Pillow (rated R to be safe)

Tara stretched carefully so as not to disturb the redhead who was wrapped around her. She hissed slightly as her sleeping lover wriggled closer, jostled by her small movement. “Not comfortable” was probably a fair assessment of her condition. Yet she so didn’t want this – this everything – to end, even so briefly as for a quick trip to the bathroom. Turning her head, she glanced at the clock and froze.

Monday. Classes. They no longer had to worry about the morning ones - time had passed them by – and Tara’s next class wasn’t until late in the afternoon – but Willow still had one afternoon class left, and way less than an hour to get to it.

She spoke softly in her lover’s ear. “Sweetie, time to get up.” No response. “Willow, hey.” This time she nuzzled the redhead.

“Unnnnn.”

“Willow, sweetie, you have to get up.”

“Don’ wanna.” Willow’s arms gripped her more tightly as the redhead attempted to burrow into her.

She gasped as the pressure on her bladder increased.

“Tare?” Willow’s head finally came up. “You okay?”

“I’m okay, just have to pee.”

“Ohhh,” Willow’s arms released her as she shifted her head to a pillow and closed her eyes again.

“Sweetie…..”

“S’okay, but come back.”

Tara eased up onto an elbow and looked down at her drowsy lover. Subtlety was obviously not going to work. Oh, well. “Willow. Don’t you have classes on Monday?”

“Uhh-huhh,” the redhead mumbled into her pillow.

“Sweetie, ….” Tara stopped in shock as Willow bolted from the bed.

“Oh. OH! Time! What time is it?” Green eyes scanned the room desperately.

“Afternoon. Oneish,” Tara replied as she sat up. Her eyes caressed her lover and she smiled. Naked Willow in the, uh, well it wasn’t morning anymore, but…..

“Omigod!” The redhead was frantic, then she went utterly still, a look of total devastation on her face.

Without a moment’s hesitation, Tara was by her lover’s side. “What, sweetie?” Her hands reaching, caressing, holding. “What’s wrong?”

“Calculus! I have a test in less than half an hour!”

“Th-th-there’s still time. You can m-make it.” She released her lover and grabbed up her robe and kit. “Here, go shower.”

“Tara, I can’t! I don’t have any clothes left here – well, unless I wear those again,” Willow gestured at the pile on the floor and wrinkled her nose fastidiously. “And I don’t have time to go back to my room ….”

“Go shower. I’ll find you something.”

The redhead hesitated, then nodded, slipped on the offered robe, and ducked out the door.

Smiling slightly, Tara pulled open a drawer and selected a t-shirt. It would be a bit big, but doable. A camisole was next. No bra she had would fit the smaller woman. Images of Willow’s breasts flitted through her head and she closed her eyes at the memory. Perfect breasts. Strawberry nipples.

She shook herself and reluctantly opened her eyes. Dressing Willow was not nearly as much fun as undressing her. Underpants – well, a pair of her boxers would work. The silk ones had a drawstring and elastic. And not pants - nothing she had would stay on the redhead’s more slender frame. A wrap skirt, maybe. She was just pulling everything together as the door opened again and Willow slipped back inside.

“Here, it’s going to be b-b-big, but, …”

“It’ll be perfect, just like you.” Willow smiled at her and took the proffered clothing. The smile broadened as the redhead looked at her.

“Wh-wh-what?”

“You are so beautiful standing there naked. I could just …” Willow shook herself.

“Your test …” Tara caressed her lover’s cheek and tucked an errant strand of red hair behind her ear. It was much darker wet.

“Test, right, which I SO didn’t study for, and … god, I love it when you touch me.” The redhead shivered, then backed up a pace. “Clothes. Getting into them now.” Willow slipped the robe off, grinning as she tossed it on the bed.

Tara dropped her outstretched hand and smiled back. “Okay, you’re naked, I’m naked, seems only fair that we’re naked together.”

“You’re distracting me again. All this naked talk makes it hard for me to think about anything but nakedness.” As she spoke, the redhead was hurriedly donning the clothes.

“Naked’s good.” Tara agreed. “But now I am, and you’re not.” She sighed.

Willow finished shrugging into the t-shirt and finger-combed her hair back into place. “But naked Tara is sooo good.” A short stride brought her into Tara’s embrace.

Tara kissed the redhead gently. “Go on, or you’ll be way late.”

Willow’s hands stroked her back lightly, and reluctantly the redhead pulled away. “Bye.”

Tara stood for several moments simply smiling at the closed door. She gathered up her robe and put it on. Bathroom. Shower. Breakfast. Well, okay, lunch. She had to read several chapters before her sociology class. And it was going to be hard to concentrate with thoughts of naked Willow bouncing through her brain. Very hard, but the images were very good indeed.

She opened the door and slipped out. Pulling it closed, she turned ...

… and found herself face to face with her neighbors from either side, one of the guys from across the hall, and some other guy she only vaguely recognized. Oh gods. She stared at the four of them, aware that she must look something like a deer caught in a car’s headlights.

“She emerges at last, just like a butterfly.” The girl from next door – Jo, she thought her name was – straightened where she’d been leaning on the wall.

“Was that her doing the mad dash?” Steve from across the hall asked.

Tara darted her eyes from one to another.

“What’s her deal? I mean, with the skedaddling? That’s sooo not cool.” Allen, who was her other next door neighbor, frowned as he spoke.

“And what’s her name?” Steve queried.

“W-W-W- ...” Tara ducked her head, unable to speak.

“Her name’s Willow,” the stranger rumbled. “At least that’s what I heard.”

She looked up at him shocked. Appalled. Horrified. She was certain she was going to faint.

“I don’t thing we’ve ever been introduced. I’m Scott. I was just stopping by to pick up some notes from Steve’s roomie and bumped into these guys.” With a slight smile, he continued, “I’ve got the room right over yours.” He reached out to shake her hand, but stopped the motion when she cringed. “Hey, it’s okay.”

Jo stepped between them. “Guys, let’s ease up. I’m beginning to think this wasn’t such a good idea after all.” She smiled reassuringly at Tara. “My idea; we just wanted to let you know, well, that it’s cool, is all. I just goofed. You’re so quiet that, ummm, last night was kinda a surprise, is all.

“O-k-kay.” Tara stood up a little straighter and hesitantly looked at each of them. She only knew them to say good morning, or hello, or good night. Gods, this was weird!

“So, her name’s Willow?” Steve asked for clarification.

“Y-Y-,” she gave up and simply nodded.

“Wait, I know her now, just didn’t recognize her from the back. Willow Rosenfel … no, Rosenberg. She’s in my Psych class, buddy-buddy with this itty bitty blon ...” Allen’s mouth snapped shut as possible implications sank in.

“B-B-Buffy. Th-th-they’re f-friends. Just friends.” She finished in a rush. But she’s more than friends with me. She smiled at the thought.

“You look like the cat that ate the canary.” Jo snickered, and then turned red as she realized what she’d said.

Tara smiled smugly and didn’t bother to hide it. “Sh-sh-she had a t-test.”

“Not in biology, I take it?” Scott queried with that soft smile of his.

“N-no, m-math.” She answered him. “I-I-I’m s-s-sorry a-b-b-bout l-last …”

The big man interrupted her. “No problem, Tara. I listened long enough to make sure what it was – that it wasn’t something serious - and then I put on my headphones. He grinned at her. “What I did hear sounded much nicer than the little dog noises my next door neighbor makes with her boyfriend. I’m cool. Gotta run though, I’m dungeon master for an RPG over at the Union tonight. Be seeing ya.” He strolled off.

She was so intent on watching his progress down the hall that she missed part of what Allen was saying.

“….don’t understand that role-playing thing. Bunch of wannabe vampires and witches. As if.” He snorted and shook his head. “Well, I’ve gotta go too. I hear the books calling.”

As he walked the short distance to his room, Jo and Steve provided book noises, “Allen. Aaallen. Aaaaallen.”

“Frickin’ idiots.” He closed the door on them.

“Me, I’m for a nap ….” Steve waggled his eyebrows. “Didn’t get much sleep last night for some reason.” He paused in his doorway with a thoughtful expression. “Y’know, none of my girlfriends ever screamed my name. Maybe we should compare notes” Mercifully, he closed his door without waiting for her answer.

“You’re okay?” Jo was still watching her closely.

“Y-Y-yes.” Tara nodded for emphasis.

“I’m really sorry about the surprise and all, but…”

“N-N-no, it’s … it’s okay.”

Jo looked at her intently for a moment, touched her arm gently, and grinned. “Yeah, it sounded like it.” She turned back to her room, but stopped halfway. “And Tara?”

“Wh-wh-what?”

“I didn’t hear you stutter once last night.” Jo grinned again.

Tara blushed furiously but smiled back a little shyly. The last door closed and for a long moment she stood alone in the hallway. She’d never have expected such an encounter, never expected that people she barely knew could be so nice. And so infuriating! She blushed again at the thoughts.

Headphones … dog noises … not stuttering.

She wandered a little dazedly down the hall to the bathroom. When she got back to her room, she was going to hit the books. She wasn’t a witch wannabe. It wasn’t a game to her. There’d be a spell in one of her mother’s books, something that would dampen sound. Her homework would have to wait until she found it, because she had no intention of suggesting to Willow that they be quiet.

She liked it when Willow screamed her name.

(edited in a futile attempt to fix a broken link)

Edited by: Triscuit7 at: 8/16/03 6:22 pm

Post subject: Re: FIC: The Edge of Silence
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:09 pm 
There’d be a spell in one of her mother’s books, something that would dampen sound. Her homework would have to wait until she found it, because she had no intention of suggesting to Willow that they be quiet.

She liked it when Willow screamed her name

omg so funny. i really liked this fic. not many other stories go into the idea that the girls have neighbors. i'm sure the ones they have are gonna prove to be quite interesting. please continue.

sionan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:34 pm 
ROTFLMFAO When we talked about this earlier you never mentioned this!! Too funny!

Love is tricky. It is never mundane or daily. You can never get used to it. You have to walk with it, then let it walk with you. You can never balk. It moves you like the tide. It takes you out to sea then lays you on the beach again. Today's struggling pain is the foundation for a certain stride through the heavens. You can run from it but you can never say no. It includes everyone."--Amy Tan "The Hundred Secret Senses"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:23 am 
cool! if i beg really nicely will there be more soonish???

-Will

"Hear that baby? You're my always."

"well, you know, when you play a lesbian witch you've gotta get killed in this fun kind of exciting way, so the heart was the way to go..."

"we have the most amazing fans though they LOVE us."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:40 am 
Very nice start. I feel bad for Tara with the teasing, but it was a cute add in that Jo didn't hear her stutter :)

'It's good to be a chicken casserole'-Sass, answering darkness

'My heart is cleverer then I and it knows what to do.'-MC Legends of the Kiss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:06 am 
This is excellent. Ah, the joy of living in a dorm..nothing goes unnoticed. I was a little worried when Tara's neighbors came on so strong, glad they were just being friendly.

can't wait for the next installment

-lat-

- I need my obsessions, they keep me sane -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:34 am 
So very funny. I loved "The River In Me" so am really looking forward to this story. Great start.

------------------------------

"When someone falls for Willow, they stay fallen" - Normal Again

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:23 am 
Poor Tara must have been mortified, but maybe, perhaps a wee bit proud too!

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:19 am 
Very good start! :D I'm looking forward for more!

Oh baby, want me to rub your tummy? She likes it when I ... stop explaining things.

Hi, um Tara..how are you? well...I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time...for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:05 am 
Dude!

Okay, strange thing happened to me in college my college days -- not unlike Tara's encounter. :lol

This was great. I've read it twice just because I liked it so much. More soon, I hope.

JD

"I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly!" (SpongeBob Squarepants)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:37 am 
Wow, first such quality smut and now this! This was excellent. There was something very beautiful about it, I think it was the ordinary daily life quality to it. i loved it. These little w/t things are why I love them and you captured that. Plus the teasing outside, funny!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Oooh Xita!" - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:49 am 
Hee....

Quote:
She liked it when Willow screamed her name.

:drool

WOW... nice start, Tris. Thank you.

I'm very much looking forward to more of this. And those guys teasing Tara. Tsk tsk tsk. Poor girl. At least they were nice about it. :grin

More, soon??

Jen

-----------------------------------

Willow: I had too much nog

Tara: Oh, baby, want me to rub your tummy? She likes it when I ... stop explaining things.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 8:44 pm 
Heh. It's hard to feel too sorry for Tara given the reason for her neighbor's amusement. Thanks for continuing this story. I'm very much enjoying it.

Autumn

-----------

It grated, like something forced in where it doesn't belong.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 8:59 pm 
Okay - that was the first chapter. I'm really glad y'all liked it and thanks for being sooo very patient. I know THAT's hard.

Sionan - thanks for taking a chance and reading it. Those pesky neighbors will get you every time.

Kieli - I hope you keep laughing. Mild word of warning for the next bit: you might not want to be drinking anything while you read.....

Willntlover - Thanks for reading and your wish is my command; the next bit will be up momentarily.

Wiccan Illusion and Latsric -

Sorry about the teasing, but Tara's neighbors are good folks.

Glad you liked it.

MadeinNZ - How's it going Down There this winter? I'm glad you liked "River"; this one will get spicy, don't worry....

Mollyig - Yes, I do think Tara was proud...very proud.

Snuggle79 - Thanks and I hope you keep on reading.

jddioffi - Scary things happen in college. Those dorms - you think you're invisible and then it turns out that everyone knows your business.

Xita - Thanks, I'm very glad you enjoyed it. What Willow and Tara did during the course of the day was pretty invisible on the show, so I'm trying to figure that all out in this fic - obviously.

Jennpurr - Hey. Look who's visiting! Y'know Tara is shy, but I don't ever see her being shy with her Willow. With Willow she's bold, adventurous, and far from quiet. You might say Willow com---pletes her, ....

AutumnT - You startled me! Here I am merrily thanking folks and bing, there you are too. I did initially do "River" as a stand-alone, but once it was up and finished and Kittens liked it, well, it was all "Where do we go from here?" in my head. And once it's in my head, it has to come out, so you get "Edge". I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Thanks, again and here comes more.

I brought marshmallows!

Edited by: Triscuit7 at: 7/13/02 8:02:59 pm

Post subject: FIC: The Edge of Silence
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:07 pm 
Chapter 2a: Take My Hand (Rating PG13 for harsh language and BA for Buffy angst)

Willow regarded the small pile of clothing with a tired smile and curled up beside it on her bed. She lifted the t-shirt and sniffed it. It smelled of her and honeysuckle, but that was just the residue from Tara’s body wash. No Tara scent. She stroked her hands over the clothing, enjoying the differing textures. Smooth, soft, and cuddly (the t-shirt and camisole) contrasted with the tighter weave of the skirt, which was almost rough in comparison. Then there was the silkiness of the boxers. It was almost like touching Tara herself. She pulled the clothing to her and closed her eyes.

Nope, not Tara. Not even close.

“Accept no substitutes.” She spoke aloud to the empty room and sat up. She shrugged out of her robe to get dressed and had just finished when she heard a key in the lock. She hastily scooped the clothing off the bed and dropped it in her basket just as Buffy opened the door – and wondered why she bothered. It certainly wasn’t likely that the Slayer would notice – in fact, Willow doubted she’d notice if the Hellmouth itself joined them for dinner one night.

“Hey, Will, how’s it going?” Buffy walked in and flopped on her bed.

“Hey, Buff. S’okay. Had a calc test today. Didn’t ace it though.”

“You?” The Slayer rolled over to face her, a look of disbelief on her face.

“Me.” Willow confirmed. “Didn’t have much time to study this weekend, what with Faith and you and the whole body-swap thing and ...” She cut herself off before revealing anything she wasn’t ready to have Buffy hear.

Buffy’s eyes clouded. “Yeah. Sorry.”

Willow stretched out diagonally across her bed and crossed her arms to make a pillow for her chin. She studied Buffy intently for several moments. From her friend’s demeanor it seemed that all her suppositions concerning Faith and Riley were true. This was it then, the dreaded “Riley boinked Faith” conversation. She sighed and wished she was elsewhere. Think good friend thoughts, she reminded herself, and put on her resolve face.

“How’s Riley?”

“Fine.” The Slayer rolled over onto her back again.

Willow lifted an eyebrow and considered her response. There were whole oceans of meaning in that one word.

“Uhhh-huh.” She made clear in her tone just what she thought of that answer, and that she was giving it all the respect it deserved – which wasn’t much.

The other woman swung her legs off the edge of the bed and sat up quickly. A single tear trickled down her cheek. When she spoke it was a mere whisper, “He fucked her. He says he loves me – but he didn’t know she wasn’t me. How could he not know, Wills?”

“I didn’t know, Buffy, and I’ve known you way longer than he has.”

“You’re not my boyfriend.”

Willow conceded the point with a nod. “Your mother didn’t know.”

The Slayer froze and stared at her. “And this is supposed to make me feel better how?”

“Buffy,” She sat up and faced the other woman, “It wasn’t Faith he slept with. He slept with you, not her.”

“She didn’t sleep with him. She fucked him. She … she did it because she could, because she enjoys taking anything that’s mine. He said she wanted to play games … have him do stuff to her. He didn’t. Instead he made love to her. And he still couldn’t tell.”

“Ohhh, Buffy.” Willow sat on the edge of Buffy’s bed and put her arms around her friend. The Slayer’s shoulders shook as she cried. It was surprisingly dry considering how upset she was. “Just let it out, Buff. It’s okay.”

“Can’t.” The other woman snuffled and wiped at her nose. “Don’t think I have …” she sniffed, “… any tears left. Cried all night.”

“Oh.” Yeah, I’m a good friend all right, Willow thought to herself. I feel guilty for not being here, but I still don’t want to be here ....

“Wh-Where were you last night?” The Slayer looked up into her face.

“Tara’s.”

“Your witch friend?”

“Uh-huh,” Willow confirmed, but didn’t volunteer anything more. Buffy was apparently recovering since she was making with the 20 questions. Even though her stomach was skipping at the mere thought she silently urged Buffy to ask why.

Buffy pulled away, no longer willing to admit her need for comfort. “Oh, I remember. Giles told me she was upset.”

Willow nodded, watching the tell-tale signs of her friend donning her Slayer armor, and lifted both eyebrows in a combination of amused awe and disappointment. She could almost hear the helmet clank down.

“So you spent the night calming her down?” Blind oblivious Buffy was back.

“Uh – yeah.” Willow somehow managed not to laugh. “Calming her down” was an interesting way of putting it.

“I want to meet her. Really meet her, I mean, when I’m me and not Faith ….” She shook herself. “I owe her – and you – so much.” Buffy sniffed a little again.

Willow looked at her in trepidation. Don’t start crying again, she pleaded silently, and searched for a distraction. “She’s really powerful. She knows sooo much stuff.”

“She sounds really special.”

“She is.”

“Wills, you have no idea how happy I am that you’ve found someone to do spells with.” Buffy smiled at her. “I know how disappointed you were in that Wicca group.”

“Yeah, well ….”

“That’s her I’m smelling, isn’t it?”

Willow froze. “Her …”

“Her perfume or something. I kinda remember that from Giles’ yesterday. Even though I wasn’t me.” Buffy’s forehead furrowed momentarily. “That’s so weird.” She shook her head. “It’s some flowery something.”

“Honeysuckle.” Willow slowly relaxed. “I fell asleep and didn’t have time to come back here before the test, so I used her stuff.”

Buffy frowned harder. “But wasn’t your test in the afternoon?”

“We sorta overslept.” She winced inwardly at the pronoun.

“Willow! You missed classes? That must have been some night you spent there!”

“Well … Tara needed me,” she explained, and then realized that the wide grin on her face didn’t quite fit with “sympathetic Willow” and wiped it away. Her friend was blind, but not brainless. Well, not completely, anyway.

“Say, Buff, are you hungry? ’Cause, y’know, with the oversleeping and all, I kinda didn’t have breakfast. Or lunch. And I’m starting to get really hungry. So would’ya like to go have dinner?”

“No, that’s okay. You go ahead though.” Buffy flopped back down. “My life sucks. I don’t think I’ll ever eat again.”

“Okay,” Willow agreed – perhaps a little too quickly – scooping up her pack and a small zippered bookbag on her way to the door. She had to escape before Buffy started up again. She rattled off her evening plans, “After dinner I’m gonna be at the library for awhile, then I’m heading over to Tara’s afterwards to drop off some stuff, so I’ll probably be late coming in. Are you gonna patrol?”

“Nah.” Buffy rolled up on one elbow. “Willow … be careful, okay?”

“’Kay. See ya.” As she pulled the door closed after her, she could hear Buffy continuing to beat herself up.

“I recognized Giles! How could he not know it wasn’t me? …. ”

Edited by: Triscuit7 at: 7/13/02 8:08:07 pm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:28 pm 
I recognised Giles!!

LOL!! How great :) And buffy not getting the Tarabits, totally canon. Spectacular update.

-Will

"Hear that baby? You're my always."

"well, you know, when you play a lesbian witch you've gotta get killed in this fun kind of exciting way, so the heart was the way to go..."

"we have the most amazing fans though they LOVE us."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 10:08 pm 
Ahh, i love your fic. This conversation is so great. So many times it seems like Willow was opening herself up to questions but lacked the courage to just say it. If buffy had pushed Willow would have told.

My favorite line:

Quote:
“Well … Tara needed me,” she explained, and then realized that the wide grin on her face didn’t quite fit with “sympathetic Willow” and wiped it away. Her friend was blind, but not brainless. Well, not completely, anyway.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Oooh Xita!" - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 10:48 pm 
Quote:
MadeinNZ - How's it going Down There this winter?
It's bloody freezing, thanks for asking. Nevermind, I'm off to my Mum's place tonight for yummy home cooked comfort food.

Loved the update. I hope your comment about things becoming spicy is not just an idle threat.

------------------------------

"When someone falls for Willow, they stay fallen" - Normal Again

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:05 am 
and BA for Buffy angst this probably amused me more than it should have. I'm glad you're continuing with the story. I'm enjoying it lots.

-----------------
Too many of us live desert lives. ~Charles de Lint

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:42 am 
Quote:
“Wills, you have no idea how happy I am that you’ve found someone to do spells with.” Buffy smiled at her.
LOL. Not a fraction as happy as Willow is. mmmm spells. Thanks again, can't wait to read more. ;)

Autumn

-----------

It grated, like something forced in where it doesn't belong.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:43 am 
Good..Good!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:52 am 
Very good update! Their conversation was very funny with these little "...so glad you found someone to do spells with" double-meanings. :grin :D Can't wait for more!

Oh baby, want me to rub your tummy? She likes it when I ... stop explaining things.

Hi, um Tara..how are you? well...I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time...for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:18 pm 
:grin Wonderful update! I love this story and can't wait to see more.

--------------------------------

"But when they're playing your song on the jukebox in Hell, you might as well dance." - K. Simpson

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:29 pm 
lol.....I'm lovin' this. :grin I guess Tara's neighbors overheard some interesting stuff...:lol

--Michelle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:13 pm 
very nice... the first part was such a lovely example of the real life day to day stuff we never got to see... and then you melted into so beautifully a pivotal scene with Buffy...

And go Tara with the silence spell... you just can't give up Willow screaming even if your neighbours don't get any sleep...

bravo kathleen

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine."

To The Land of The RainbowWriters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:31 pm 
:lol Buffy is so clueless! Hee... yeah, they did a couple of "spells" together. :drool

Tris, Thanks so much for the update!! More, soon?? And I wouldn't complain at all, if you wanted to up the rating. ;)

Thanks, girl.

Take care,

Jen

-----------------------------------

Tara: Shhh, darling.

Willow: I can't do this.

Tara: We can do this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:13 pm 
Well, I'm back with some more. You all are keeping the pressure on..... But first:

Willntlover - I think that a Slayer has to be blind otherwise she'd have an ulcer. I also think that Buffy is amazingly so... I'm very glad you like it.

Xita - Thanks. I think that Willow did want to tell Buffy about Tara long before she did. The estrangement between them kept it from happening and Buffy-blindness didn't help. IF only Buffy had clued in on one question...

MadeinNZ - I really am glad you like it. I'm leading up to the spicy stuff. Images first...

Thanatopsis - Yes, BA. The only angst that can be funny. Thanks for reading.

AutumnT - Spells. Yes, they will be doing "spells" right after they do a spell. Glad you're having fun.

NextTaraMacclay and LeatherQueen - Thank you both so much for reading this. It was a lot of fun to write this in an entirely different way. With "River" it almost hurt to look at the monitor, this just has me grinning....

snuggle79 - I don't think BTVS could be the same without the double meanings. Add in the subtext and have fun. Glad you are BTW...

pikescoob - Well, whatever it was the neighbors heard would definitely keep me awake. Sighs, moans - yep....

KathleenWolf - I'm glad you liked the daily life bits too and it seemed critical to have Willow face the "dreaded Riley" conversation that she incidentally avoided in "River". Thanks.

Jennpurr - Hey kitten, how you doing? Glad you dropped by. Be patient though. Chapter 2 is filler, or maybe it's the plot and Chapter 3 is the filler. Things will heat up, just not quite yet....

I brought marshmallows!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:19 pm 
Chapter 2b - Take My Hand

PG13 - R for harsh language, but also possibly I for images - Patience, kittens: Willow AND Tara soon, I promise....

Willow took a sip of her machine-style mocha, shuddering slightly at the taste, and considered her dessert. She had peaches – canned, unfortunately – and vanilla ice cream. Visually it looked … off. It was the peach wedges, she decided. No matter how she arranged them on the ice cream, or cut them up, the effect was just wrong. Tara-breasts didn’t have yellowish ridges or bumps. Besides, the image in her head was of a ripe peach – not these wedges. Oh well.

But what about the taste? She scooped up some ice cream and peach on her spoon. Eyes closed, she let her tongue play over the spoon and its contents. Much better. The sweet sugary peach syrup flavored the ice cream until it was almost like the fruity-flowery scent of honeysuckle. She curled her tongue around the bit of peach. Much, much better.

Opening her eyes again, she gazed at her dessert and then pushed the peaches off to one side. She smiled down at two small mounds of ice cream slick with peach juice, with a mound of little peach boulders off to one side. Yep, that would work, she decided.

She spooned up some ice cream and let it melt in her mouth, then added a bit of peach to play with. She decided that the only improvement would be if Tara was feeding it to her. Her lips parted at the mere thought.…

“Hey, Willow.”

“Riley, hi.” Damn. She put her spoon down.

“Uh, Willow, about Bu … hey, what’s with all the food?”

Willow gazed across the tabletop at the remnants of her dinner. “I was hungry and didn’t know what I wanted. The hamburger was okay, but not really what I wanted. Then I thought maybe fish. Big mistake. It turned out what I really wanted was salad and lasagna.” Noticing the amazed look on his face, she said defensively, “I didn’t eat all of everything.”

He continued to stare. “But the ice….”

“The ice cream kept melting before I finished.”

“Finished what? That’s four bowls. Even I don’t eat four bowls,” Riley exclaimed.

“And I didn’t either,” Willow pointed out, still a bit defensive, “’cause it melted. You’re not here to talk to me about my dinner, right? So, what’s up?”

“You don’t change much, do you? Still direct and to the point.”

“Riley .…”

“Sorry, it’s just that I don’t know where to start and ….”

“Why not with ‘I hurt Buffy, and I’m really sorry, but I didn’t mean to, and I’m afraid I’ll upset her more, which is why I’m talking to you’?” Willow supplied. “That about cover it?”

“Yeah, pretty much.” He pulled out a chair and collapsed into it.

She felt her lips thin. “That wasn’t necessarily an invitation.”

“Oh.” He started to stand.

“No, go ahead, sit.” Willow waved him back down. She looked at him for a few moments. Silent, glum Riley. A perfect match for weepy Buffy. “You hurt her.”

“I di…..”

“You didn’t mean to, Riley, I know,” Willow interrupted. “But you did. Was it your fault? No, probably not.”

“Probably not?” he repeated aghast. “Willow, how can you think that I would deliberately hurt her?”

“You didn’t think she was acting odd at all?”

“Well, yes, but .…” Riley leaned forward to press his point.

“But you were horny so you did it with “Buffy” even though she wasn’t acting normal,” Willow persisted. “As I see it, you’re not completely off the hook.”

“But .…”

“But nothing, Riley. I’m her best friend. Even if I thought you were 100 percent innocent, I would at least ACT angry on her behalf. And I don’t think you are. Completely innocent, that is.” Willow paused. “But you were acting without the background the rest of us had. We at least had Faith-experience. You didn’t.” She waved her hand dismissively. “So I won’t beat you to death with a shovel. This time.”

“Gee, thanks,” Riley muttered.

“You’re welcome,” she replied, only a little sarcastically, but continued to scrutinize him. Mr. Gloom-and-Doom. With a sigh she pushed her dessert away completely, and leaned forward to rest her forearms on the table. “Riley, maybe you think it’s none of my business, but just be patient. She needs time. Space. Air, even. She’s seriously wigged. She … we never expected that, even with all the stuff we’ve gone through with Faith before. Typically she’s more direct, more of the straight in-your-face homicidal-maniac girl.”

“At least you figured things out and were able to put things back the way they should be,” Riley said. He looked at her with a slight smile, “Although I would never have figured you for a witch. Heck, I didn’t even believe in witches until yesterday.”

Willow arched one brow. “It so happens Shakespeare was right. ‘There are more things in heaven and earth than …’”

“‘… are dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio.’ Yeah, I’m beginning to believe that – at least here in Sunnydale.”

“I wouldn’t rule out elsewhere, farm boy. It’s just, in Sunnydale, it’s concentrated. Life on a Hellmouth. Gotta love it.”

“Willow, nonetheless, thanks.” He stood to leave.

“Riley, just give her space. Okay?”

He nodded and left.

Willow looked down at her dessert, melted ice cream and tired peaches. Accept no substitutes. She checked her watch and smiled. Only another 47 minutes and she’d see the real thing.

“Well, well. Lookee, lookee.”

“Spike.”

The pale-haired vampire swaggered out of the shadows. “Pushing things a bit, aren’t you, Red? Sittin’ out here looking so yummy and edible.”

“Me?” Willow eyebrows shot up. “No, I don’t think so. I’d say the one pushing things would be you.” Willow spoke calmly but pulled her backpack open and let her hand settle on a cross. “I mean, here you are, Hostile 17, and ….”

“Ease up, Red. Much as I’d like a nibble, I can’t. You know that.” He swirled his duster and settled on the back of the bench at the other end, his boots on the seat.

“So why are you here, then?” she asked, her brow furrowing slightly in concentration as she levitated a small branch behind him.

“Talk. You know, that thing people do when they’re bein’ civil an’ all.”

“Talk about what?”

The vampire looked surprised, as if he’d expected something more like “bugger off.”

“The weather? It’s been sunny during the day, no rain, nice nights …. Come on, Spike, don’t waste my time.”

“Waste your time? You’re the one out looking like munchies for any passing monsters, not me. What are you doin’ out here anyway?”

“Spike …” she repeated, thoroughly exasperated.

“Fine. Skip the social thing, then.” He hesitated another moment, then plunged in, “What’s up with the Slayer? Bumped into her at the Bronze the other night and the girl was seriously .…” He twirled his finger near his head.

“Ahh, noticed that, did you?” Willow leaned forward, intrigued in spite of herself. What had Spike seen that she’d missed?

“I knew it!” Spike surged off the bench and Willow cringed backwards, pulling the cross out – and dropping the stick she’d been floating. Spike was so intent on his rant that he didn’t even notice.

“Stuck-up tight-ass bitch. What right does she have to taunt me? Didn’ I help you all avert an apocalypse? Haven’t I been bashin’ in demon skulls? So I have a chip in my head, no reason to be a tease, comin’ on to people who’re just mindin’ their own business, havin’ a few beers ...”

Willow choked back a laugh.

“’s not funny, Red!

“No, it’s not,” she agreed, sobering her expression with some difficulty.

“Dead right, it’s not! What’s the world comin’ to?”

“Um, Spike, just put it down to …. Uh, the thing is …. Well, let’s just say that she wasn’t quite herself Saturday night.” Something of an understatement, Willow thought. “I think the next time you see her, she’ll be back to her old self.” Reassuring a vampire – about the Slayer – her life had certainly included some major weirdnesses, but this …!

“Y’ think?”

“Uh-huh.” Willow nodded her head and glanced surreptitiously at her watch. Ten more minutes.

“You waitin’ for someone, Red? That why you’re out here?

She cursed under her breath; she’d forgotten how damn observant Spike could be. “And your point is?”

“No point.” Spike looked at her intently. “Just that you look good. Chipper even. ’Bout time you got over dog-boy.”

“Gee, thanks.” Willow replied in a totally flat voice.

“Well, whatever you’re doin’ seems to agree with you.” He tucked his hands in his pockets and sauntered off.

She watched him swagger down the walk and shook her head. Seriously weird.

Edited by: Triscuit7 at: 7/14/02 8:19:55 pm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:46 pm 
:grin Ahh... poor Willow. Accept no substitutes for Tara. Even peaches and ice cream. :) Great update!!

--------------------------------

"But when they're playing your song on the jukebox in Hell, you might as well dance." - K. Simpson

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:38 pm 
Too funny, but poor Willow, life is just super weird.

-----------------
Too many of us live desert lives. ~Charles de Lint

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1518 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next