The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: UPDATE!! (Chapter 6)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:35 pm 
I really enjoyed the way Buffy stuck up for Willow regarding the resurrection spell. ":clap" . I so did not like how that went down on the show, with Giles cutting Willow to the quick and never going back to apologize for it.

Xander's about to get on my last nerve. I really think I had the right idea about killing him just a little. ":smash"

And holy frigid showers, Catwoman!!! ":eek" Take-Charge-Tara could melt diamonds with that kind of heat. WOW! ":D"

...when we find That Kind of Love...

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:01 pm 
Hi to everyone reading/giving feedback on my fic - Woo hoo! I'm getting all manners of emoticons now!! Oh yeah! see me do a happy dance ":dance"

Again I've just got to say a huge thanks. You make writing a much more joyous and fulfilling experience - particularly 'cos it's all about W/T togetherness and love!

MOST IMPORTANT - I'd also like to commend everyone who has a fic on this board and I say thanks to those who leave me feedback. I know I seem to keep saying this - but I will try and do better with leaving feedback for others (if only I can rid myself of my long time lurking habit!)

Please know I read and enjoy all your fics though - honestly they're so addictive and bring solace when I need to escape RL and bask in the warmth of true love b/w our beloved witches.

**Next update to my fic in a day or 2 - Now on to individual replies:

Kerrison20: Hi Lisa - Thanks a lot for your lovely feedback - I'm glad you like my fic and enjoy the different interactions I'm developing with the scoobies.

Also please hang in there - the Xander issue will be answered in due course. Thanks again!

intricate mirage: Hi Cassie - Wow! Your feedback totally blew me away!! Thanks a million!! I'm glad you like.

You touched on so much stuff I really want my readers to pick up on as significant - so a huge thanks for that and I'm sooo glad you like 'my' Willow - I'm a happy writer anytime I'm told I've got the character's 'character' to be what we know and expect of them.

As for Xa... er, I mean the one you say shall remain nameless - don't fret - all will be revealed soon and he just might get his ass kicked if not actually then metaphorically, and by - hmm can you guess who?

kindagay: Hi Jeanne - and I'm blushing and then I'm blushing some more!! You are too kind - such praise!!

I'm so glad you thought the update amazing and I can tell that you get the tone I've set for my fic - for instance, yeah there is smut but there has got to be sweet romance. I mean even on the show we got to see the sweetness and the little gestures of love between Willow and Tara - so I try and do that justice - so thanks again for the compliment.

Yep - Xander is still being an ass. Giggles at Anya/Dawn. And boy did I enjoy Buffy standing up for Willow - God! someone had to do it! - I mean, I like Giles, but he got on my nerves a lot on the show - what with how slow to act they made him one minute and then the next he does a grating turn around and is too harsh and we never get to see him trying to resolve things as you'd expect a loving 'father figure' to want to do. So yeah - Go Buffy!

I'm so glad you're enjoying Buffy's growing friendship with Tara - it's particularly dear to me and such a pleasure to write.

So - thanks bunches for sticking with my fic and leaving such glorious feedback. Do keep reading. Update soon.

TKOLove: I'm so glad you enjoyed. It was about time Giles saw the error of his ways - I mean yeah sure he can get all pious and tell Will everything she's doing wrong and then stupidly forget he's supposed to care enough to go back and calmly sort it out and talk out his reasons for worry etc.

Quote:
Xander's about to get on my last nerve. I really think I had the right idea about killing him just a little.

And holy frigid showers, Catwoman!!! Take-Charge-Tara could melt diamonds with that kind of heat. WOW!

You sure made me laugh for a long time with those words!! Do keep reading and I assure you Xander shall be sorted out and oh yeah! I love take-charge Tara too - I mean who wouldn't - I had lotsa fun writing that bit.

Thanks everyone - Update in a day or 2.

":love" WFB

Post subject: Re: Replies
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:14 pm 
Quote:
As for Xa... er, I mean the one you say shall remain nameless - don't fret - all will be revealed soon and he just might get his ass kicked if not actually then metaphorically, and by - hmm can you guess who?

Oh yes, I've got a pretty good guess by who's gonna be kicking his little sorry ass way into the next century or so. And boy am I eager to see that happen. ":smug"

Cassie

Ask me if I loved you yesterday. I'll say 'Yes'

Ask me if I love you today. I'll say 'Yes'

Ask me if I'll love you tomorrow. I'll say 'Always'

Post subject: Re: Replies
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:10 am 
I am so taken by this GROWW concept, so funny! I am still a bit confused about if Willow needed time to think why she went with oz that day instead of telling him she was busy thinking bleh. I guess i just hate to see my Tara hurt. But I am blad they made up and that Tara admitted she had something to do with the problem as well. It takes 2 to tango. Thanks for the fic!

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"

Post subject: More Replies
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:30 pm 
Hi everyone,

Just checking in to do more replies and to let you all know that the next update will be delayed until the weekend - RL is again kicking me around big time! So once more I find I unfortunately can't get to my fic.

My weekends are mine to do with as I please though - SO I promise to try my best and make the next update really worth the wait! Please check for it by Sunday at the latest.

Now to individual replies....

intricate mirage: Hi again Cassie - yeah I feel you probably know whose gonna be involved in sorting out 'Xa.... er, the one who shall remain nameless'

You'll find out for sure in the next update so please hang in there - and thanks so much for your interest and regular feedback on my fic - you're very kind indeed. I really hope you continue to enjoy what I do with the story developments.

xita: Hi xita - woo hoo! Happy dance time ":dance" - you read and like the concept of my fic, Yay! You really made my day by leaving me such kind words in feedback. I'm so happy you enjoy the fun in the GROWW concept....

Regarding Willow going off with Oz that day - if you notice - just before Oz kinda snuck up on her she'd already been congratulating herself saying operation GROWW was gonna be a success and that she only needed to make one more stop into town and then set the operation into motion! Which means she was done with all her thinking and planning stuff....

So even though we didn't see that part she apparently just caught a ride into town with Oz and seized the opportunity to catch up on their news briefly and of course exchange all them mobile phone numbers!!

I also hate anything that upsets Tara - but a little angst never hurts(not so much anyway) and at least all things were made better when her honey came home with roses and was able to kiss her all better!! ":D"

It does take 2 to tango and like someone else said talking everything out first was a good idea in that situation...

Thanks again for reading and living me feedback - I hope you continue to do so and to enjoy as the story unfolds....

Till next update - take care everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:54 am 
Wow WFB, so much to say, where to start!?

I loved the last update. Of course, the scene at the end sticks in my mind mostly... ";)"

It was wonderful. Hey, are we gonna get to see that shower? Hmmm? Pretty please!

Ok, the phones- genius! Why the heck didnt they have phones anyway? You'd think that considering the amount of life threatening situation that the scoobies get into, theyd wanna be able to contact each other!

Anya was so funny when she was trying to get her gift asap ":lol"

As for Xander, dont even get me started! He's such a bloody idiot, and he just doesnt seem to understand anything. Im not sure why he seems to always come to bad conclusions when it comes to Willow, maybe we'll find out.

What else? Oh, I cant wait til Will has to explain operation GROWW to tara, thats gonna be priceless! Judging by her first explanation (to buffy), telling tara will prob end up being one big joyous babble fest!

Anyways, this is long feedback! All I really wanted to say was I loved the update, and Im really looking forward to reading more.

willowsgirl/stacey xx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:56 am 
What IS Xander's problem anyway ? I can't figure it out, he seems to distrust or dislike Willow... but I've no idea why. I'll agree he doesn't add much to the scoobies overall, so perhaps he feels as useless as he is... so why is he still around then ?

As for Xander commenting on Willow's magic use, thats stupid. He knows next to nothing about, he could/should have said he was worried about Willow. But somehow he never said that now did he ??

Funny thing is that when Buffy talked Giles down about his conversation with Willow I actually sided more with Giles ":lol" . Thing is that he was right in a lot of ways, he just said it so horribly wrong it never got through to Willow. He was very right that Willow did use dangerous magics of which she didn't know the consequences... she took a risk.. which is her right of course, but still... Giles has also used some not-so-good magics so in that area he could teach Willow some things to avoid. He has experience and wisdom to spare after all.

I wonder how sensitive those phones are btw. What happens if Tara calls out Willow's name rather loudly in a certain bedroom with a phone close by ?? : -->":"> Oh yeah, do tell Tara she doesn't need to apologize for wanting Willow, nope... ":)"

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Post subject: UPDATE!! (Chapter 7)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:58 am 
Disclaimers etc. are same as before.

This part is rated R

Thoughts in italics

Chapter 7

Saturday morning had dawned bright and clear and Tara was awake gazing at her sleeping lover.

My beautiful adorable honey, my Willow. Just look at you – so snuggle-able and cute! – lying here cuddled up by my side looking so childlike and peaceful. And have I mentioned sexy? Oh yeah! definitely sexy and hot! – god, just thinking of last night in the shower and after – oh my!… Yep, Tara you SO have it bad and you’re looooving it…. loving Willow…. who can blame me? Willow my love you’re so delicious and exquisite and just so Mmmm…….

Tara couldn’t resist any longer, so she started to run her fingers through her love’s fiery red hair and then moved on to gently caress her smooth and soft cheeks. Her eyes then wandered lower of their own free will and her breath caught in her throat as she gazed upon the perfect form and shape of Willow’s pert breasts beneath the fabric of the clinging black tank top. (Since they didn’t live alone they had both changed into tank tops and shorts in the early hours of the morning after a long night of passionate and sensual lovemaking.)

Tara’s hand had now stopped caressing Willow’s cheek, seeing as her brain had turned to mush as soon as her eyes homed in on the distinct points of her lover’s perky nipples clearly outlined beneath fabric.

Seconds later she was jolted from her trance by a movement from Willow. Glancing up - Tara’s face flushed bright red when she discovered Willow’s beautiful emerald eyes gazing at her, complete with a sultry smile on her still sleepy-looking but alert face.

“Like what you see, my love?” asked Willow making Tara blush all the more.

Though still blushing, Tara managed to compose herself to answer in a husky tone.

“Oh yeah honey, definitely like what I see – hence the drooling!” then she leaned in and kissed her sweet Willow thoroughly.

“Morning sweetie - did you sleep well?” said Tara

“More than well babe – how could I not? Seeing as I was all loved up thoroughly by my sexy blonde witch all through the night!” replied Willow while batting her eyelashes flirtatiously at a bashful Tara. And then she reached out and lifted her shy lover’s face back to meet her gaze and continued speaking.

“Come on now love – don’t be shy, you really were amazing last night. You’re just so hot and sexy! And you’re so cute particularly when you go all shy on me….” said Willow giving Tara a warm loving look.

This time Tara was able to control her blushing and with a smirk she spoke.

“You know – I was thinking almost the exact same thing about you as I watched you sleep just now”

“I’m thrilled you think of me in that way too” said Willow and then she opened her arms and spoke again.

“Come here beautiful – I need more smoochies!”

Tara was only too happy to oblige and they smooched and snuggled contentedly for several more moments until Tara just had to speak.

“Sweetie you make me so happy. I mean, I hate to bring this up since it’s all forgotten and forgiven – but the other night at the Bronze when we had our fight, even though I got mad at you, I also got really scared and worried. I can’t stand the thought of anything coming between us.”

“Willow darling, you’re all I’ll ever need to stay happy, just you my love – only you. I love you so much and you make me so very happy…” Tara trailed of as Willow interrupted and spoke with a heart felt look in her eyes.

“Oh Tara, you make me very happy too – I love you with everything that I am. I know I’ve said so before – but I’m so sorry and ashamed for how I acted at the Bronze. It was that feeling of shame and seeing how I had upset you that made me realise I’d been doing everything wrong, not stopping to think about my actions and just taking you for granted and stupidly not thinking about the effect my actions could have…. Baby you know the rest – but we’re going to be fine, our relationship is stronger than ever – isn’t it?” Willow concluded with a question.

“Oh yes sweetie – and you’re right we’re gonna be okay” replied Tara with conviction and then leaned in to share another kiss with her love.

Ending the kiss both witches sighed happily and smiled into each other’s eyes. Then Tara spoke.

“Oh – I forgot, I brought you some juice sweetie, here” she said as she turned and picked a glass of apple juice from the bedside table and handed it to Willow who had now sat up.

“Aww thanks baby, you take such good care of me – so you’ve been up for long?” asked Willow as she sipped from the glass.

“Not too long. I wanted to bring you breakfast in bed, but to my surprise Dawn was already in the kitchen when I got there and she shooed me out.” said Tara with a pout and then continued.

“She said she was making breakfast for us today and that she had something to tell us all”

Willow looked quite surprised and said “Wow really? Dawnie’s making breakfast? - now I don’t quite know, is that a good thing or a bad thing?”

“Search me sweetie – I have no idea, but we’ll find out soon enough I guess…. so time to freshen up and get dressed?”

“Sounds like a plan” Willow replied and then leaned forward to give Tara a quick kiss before they both got out of bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little later, Willow and Tara dressed similarly in skirts and cotton blouses, walked into the kitchen.

Buffy was already there sitting down drinking a cup of coffee as she watched slightly bemused as Dawn placed a plate stacked high with oddly shaped pancakes on the kitchen island which she had set for four people.

“Morning guys – welcome to Dawn’s breakfast kitchen!” said Buffy

“Morning” chorused the witches and Dawn said the same to them while fixing Buffy a slightly indignant look.

“So Dawnie – what’s up? I’m told you’ve got something to tell us – it must be big if it needs you to ready us by preparing breakfast – and pancakes too, you’ve learned well from Tara” Willow said with a grin at Dawn.

Looking a tad nervous, Dawn answered evasively “Er, yeah Willow…. let’s all eat first and I’ll tell you…”

Tara worriedly seeing Dawn’s nervousness spoke up as they all started on the pancakes, spearing several unto their plates with forks and then reaching for and adding syrup.

“So Dawnie – did you enjoy patrol last night? Oh and did you get to give Spike his phone?”

“Yeah Tara, I had fun - though nothing happened. Which I guess is a good thing. I’d probably not have known what to do if we met any vamps or other demony types – but it was really cool of Buffy to let me go” said Dawn with a grateful glance at Buffy who was keeping a remarkably straight face considering the fact she knew of a more specific ‘Tara-oriented’ reason for that occurrence.

“As for Spike – I think I’ll leave that for Buffy to tell.” concluded Dawn.

“Oh yeah Spike – guys you should have been there. The others had already headed home and Dawn and I were doing the same when Spike emerged from the shadows as usual. Then Dawn all excited started repeating at top speed every single reason Wills had given us on why it was a good idea to have a cell phone”

“I was so sure Spike was going to start shooting off his mouth on how he’s a big bad and definitely doesn’t need a damn phone to stay safe etc. BUT instead he just quietly took the phone and said - “Hey great – it’s one of the fancy ones with all the neat techie tricks, thanks little bit and say thanks to Red from me“ - then he started to walk away and that’s when ….”

At this point Dawn cut in excitedly and continued the story.

“That’s when Buffy realised what he probably had in mind so she called after him and told him that he shouldn’t dare think about selling the phone to get money for cigarettes and beer – if he didn’t want his ass kicked! And that after all we’d all been through he should realise that we could be saved from danger just through a handy phone call.”

“And Spike – he stood there with a comical annoyed look on his face but then he folded, sighed and said – “Fine – I’ll keep the bloody phone” then he turned around and walked off muttering something about his reputation and other demons laughing at him if they ever saw him using it” Dawn concluded on a chuckle.

Willow and Tara joined in the chuckling while Buffy grinned as she remembered the look on Spike’s face.

They all then settled down and finished eating their breakfast, the three older girls commending a pleased Dawn on how tasty the pancakes were.

When they were done eating – Dawn notched up the surprise factor by saying she’ll do the washing up after she’d spilled what was on her mind.

Then taking a deep breath she started to speak.

“I almost can’t believe I’m doing this considering the fact that I’m probably going to be grounded for the rest of my life…. But after last night and all the talk of how we’re a family and taking care of each other – I just couldn’t stand the guilt anymore.”

“Um it’s … er, the thing is I’ve been shoplifting….”

“Dawn what?” said Buffy interrupting loudly while Willow and Tara looked on shocked.

Dawn bowed her head in shame and continued talking.

“I’m sorry – I know it was wrong and I would have gotten into serious trouble if I got caught…. I don’t even know why I did it or what I was trying to prove – I just…… Things have been so crazy for me – with all the bad things that have been happening in my life recently and I just found myself feeling reckless and daring – doing things just to see if I could get away with it or if anyone would notice…. I um, I even… the night of the Halloween sale at the magic box – I, I took a medallion and some other stuff without paying….”

“Um sweetie, I think we should go and leave Buffy and Dawn alone to talk” said Tara to Willow, standing up and taking her girlfriend’s hand as she tried to rouse herself out of her shocked state.

A sorrowful Dawn, looked up and glanced at Willow and Tara and saw they were trying not to look too shocked, but at the same time she could see disappointment somewhat reflected in their eyes.

Dawn sighed sadly and turned to Buffy ready to face the music.

As Willow and Tara left the kitchen they heard Buffy begin to speak saying

“Why Dawn?”

The two witches entered the living room and sat down on the couch to talk.

“Wow Baby – I don’t know what to think. This is not good at all. I mean sure Dawnie is starting to do the kinda things teenagers do that make grown-ups feel like climbing the walls. You know – like sneakily planning to hook up with her friend and a couple of boys - or should I say vamps…? But shoplifting? I mean that is awful – she’s usually such a good girl you know, good with school and very smart….” Willow trailed of quite perplexed.

“I know sweetie – I’m shocked too. But I guess her confessing is a sign of better things. I mean I do feel sorry for her too, she’s been through so much for her age – you know finding out she's the key, losing her Mum and then her sister. It’s great we have Buffy back and hopefully it’ll get better with Dawn now – remember she was rebellious about school at a point but got better when she found out she could be taken away from Buffy…“

“Sweetie let’s think positive – it’ll be okay, we’ll all be okay if we continue to stick together.” Tara concluded while giving Willow’s hand a squeeze to reassure her as well as herself.

“Yeah, you’re right baby – I too feel bad for Dawnie, but now she’s been brave enough to bring it out in the open – it’ll all be worked out” Willow said then continued speaking after a pause.

“Baby would you mind if I have some quality best friend time with Buffy later?

“Of course I don’t mind sweetie….”

“I feel like I should be available if she needs to talk this thing about Dawn through and also I had promised myself I’d make a special time to hang with Buffy just to talk and see how she’s doing and stuff” said Willow.

“That’s my Willow – always looking out for others. I’ll miss being with you of course but I definitely agree with you about being there for Buffy – this last couple of days she’s been so great, but I know that having the burden of so much responsibility is rough on her even if she tries not to show it.”

“Thanks love – you take good care of others too you know – better than anyone else in fact.” replied Willow and then she continued.

“How about a picnic tomorrow baby? Just you and me – what do you say?”

“Sweetie, you have to ask? That’s the best idea I’ve heard today. What could be better than a picnic with my honey?” Tara said sweetly while leaning forward to pull a smiling Willow in for a hug and a peck on the cheek then pulling back she continued.

“I could go shopping for picnic goodies while you spend time with Buffy and I think we need more groceries for the house….”

Willow still smiling lifted Tara’s hand and kissed it lovingly then said

“See what I mean about taking care of us? That sounds like a plan and ooh! – Baby could you please get some really gooey yummy chocolatey chocolate fudge cake as part of our picnic goodies?”

“Anything for you sweetie” replied Tara smiling indulgently and happily at Willow while thinking You are just so cute and adorable my Willow

At that moment Willow who was facing the doorway caught sight of Dawn hovering as though not sure if she should enter completely or not, so she spoke to her.

“Hey Dawnie – come on in, how’d it go with Buffy?”

Still feeling very ashamed – Dawn started to speak while avoiding having to look directly at either of the witches she loved so much and who had been like her surrogate sisters and even mother when she had lost both her real mother and sister.

“Um well, she called Anya to ask if we could both go over to see her, and it turned out Anya said she was gonna come over here around 12noon to ask our advice on wedding planning and stuff.”

“Anyhow Buffy was a lot easier on me than I thought – she said I’ll face whatever Anya is gonna dish out to me all on my own and that of course I’ll need to return the stuff I took and apologise and that if she has her way I’m gonna help Anya out at the magic Box a lot minus any pay.”

“Then she asked me how many other…. Um, I mean she wanted to know what the other stuff I had taken from other shops were…. and er, she then asked if any of them were still good as new so that maybe we could return them Um, secretly to the shops so I don’t have to face getting into the kind of trouble I could have gotten into if I had been caught…..”

At this point Dawn trailed off and then gathering her courage and resolve she looked directly at both witches and spoke again.

“Willow, Tara – I’m really very sorry and ashamed of what I did and I swear I’ll never do such things again.… please don’t hate me.” Dawn ended in a slightly teary and wobbly voice.

Tara was the first to speak.

“We could never hate you Dawn. But Will and I were very disappointed in you to hear what you’d done.… but we talked about it and decided it was also very brave of you to confess. And we take that as a very good sign that you really mean it when you say you’re sorry and won’t do anything like that again.“

“We’re proud of you Dawn and all we ask is that you continue to make all of us stay proud of you – okay?”

Dawn nodded her head emphatically and then she looked to Willow for confirmation of what Tara had just said and at the same time she spoke up.

“I promise, I promise – I’ll never do anything so wrong again, I’m truly sorry”

Willow for her own part, opened up her arms and smiled reassuringly at the teenager and said

“Come here Dawnie, we believe that you’re sorry and we can never hate you – we love you and are proud of you okay?”

Dawn who had been standing all the while now rushed gratefully over to Willow and kneeling down she leaned into Willow’s embrace and was sandwiched in the warmest most loving three-way hug when Tara embraced her too.

“Thanks guys – I love you both so much too – you’re the best” said Dawn in a voice that was slightly muffled because she was leaning into Willow’s shoulder.

After a few moments they all started to pull back.

Willow then spoke as she patted Dawn gently on the back as a last gesture of comfort while releasing her hold.

“Say, where is Buffy?”

“Um, when I started to do the dishes – she said she was going to take a walk, but would be back in time for when Anya gets here.” replied Dawn.

Willow glanced at and shared a meaningful look with Tara and then she let her gaze include Dawn as she deliberately lightened the mood and said

“Oh okay, that’s cool. What say all three of us settle down and watch some good old Saturday morning cartoon-y goodness?” said Willow in a slightly giddy tone as she bounced happily on the couch.

“Sounds like a plan” said Tara while gazing lovingly at her cute and adorable girlfriend.

Dawn grabbed for the remote, switched on the TV to the right channel for cartoons and then squished in happily between her two favourite witches when she noticed that they had lovingly made room for her - further letting her know she was forgiven and loved. She was particularly touched because usually and as frequently as possible Willow and Tara always sat side by side with their hands linked no matter the occasion. But for now Dawn was one happy teenager or as she thought to herself should that be happy gooseberry? Whatever - Willow and Tara are just so cool!

Before turning to give her full attention to watching cartoons, Tara gave one last surreptitious glance at her girlfriend and catching the giddy look of enjoyment on Willow’s face she thought Yep, my honey is definitely cute and adorable! And Tara Maclay you SO have it bad girl – what with you sat with an equally giddy teenager between you both while you're thinking how sexy the cute and adorable Willow-look is... yep, have it bad and I’m loving it!

TBC.

Questions? Comments? - Are greatly appreciated.

Next update: Anya and Dawn have it out.

Buffy and Willow's special friendship is highlighted some more and we learn a bit more about Willow's wonky free plans.

Tara confronts Xander and

A very romantic and amusing picnic that ends in a somewhat bizarre fashion.

Update within a week.

Edited by: WannaFriendsBe at: 11/17/03 12:48 am

Post subject: Replies followed shortly by an update
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:29 am 
Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

The next update is ready and will be up right after I do a couple of replies - this update is shorter than usual(50 - 75% of the usual length) but I hope it's still enjoyable.

Now to individual replies....

willowsgirl: Hi Stacey - Your feedback made me very happy. Thanks for staying so closely with my fic and leaving such detailed views and observations. I'm touched that you say you loved the update.

Also I'm sorry that we won't get to see the shower scene. But I promise there'll be at least one shower scene or more in future AND definitely many more steamy lovemaking scenes between our two favourite witches.

But for now I'm keen to move on with the story development.

Glad you liked the intro of cell phones by my non-wonky Willow - search me as to why the scoobies never had cell phones on the show (i.e apparently until the season that shall remain nameless!)

Yeah Anya was really funny wasn't she? She's such a fun character to write and she practically writes herself for me!

As for the other issues you mentioned - I'm pretty sure you get answers on those soonish ":D"

I loved your long feedback - so thanks again particularly for saying you loved the update and want to read more - I hope you continue to enjoy.

Grimlock72: Hi Grimmy - thanks for another thought-inducing long feedback. Hmm let's not waste too much time discussing Xander - though I will say he doesn't dislike Willow and he pretty much showed he was worried about her during Buffy's resurrection when he saw Willow's wounds and the snake etc. Anyway you'll soon find out what the deal with him is....

As for Buffy's speech against Giles - do note that Buffy herself said to Xander after her speech that she was just telling the truth as SHE saw it.

And as for Willow - from what we saw on the show - I'm actually leaning towards the side that says Willow pretty much knew a bit about the consequences of the dark magick resurrection she was to perform. I mean she kept the stabbing 'Bambi' ritual from the others, particularly Tara, because she knew it wouldn't go down well with them.

Also during the resurrection - when anyone else would have freaked out(as notably Xander did and so did Tara out of worry) - Willow just calmly ordered Osiris to 'let the warrior of the people cross over' while she was being severely cut and tested and had a horrible big snake crawl in her and finally out of her mouth! I shudder to remember that particular scene, Ugh!

I often find myself wondering if that side of Willow's character (i.e. the brave and rather wilfully reckless side when she is determined to do something) is not TOO much of an uncharacteristic anomaly when compared to the Willow that, though still brave would rather Buffy thought of her as a cudgel rather than a big gun!

Having said that I do agree with you that Giles could indeed teach Willow things to avoid - i.e. if only he would get his act together and use his wisdom and experience to do so (as he more or less offered to do in the last update) OR if the need arises for him to do so(in my fic)....

As I've said before I hated the indeterminate character he seemed to be given on the show, with respect to his assertiveness. One minute he seemed too laid back on things he should have been more forceful about and then when we least expect it he'd go all 'Ripper' on us - only to soon disappear back into the boring tea drinking 'I love books and tomes' librarian!

Finally Grimmy - ":lol" lol at:

Quote:
I wonder how sensitive those phones are btw. What happens if Tara calls out Willow's name rather loudly in a certain bedroom with a phone close by ?? Oh yeah, do tell Tara she doesn't need to apologize for wanting Willow, nope...

Er, about the phones - I believe - or let's just assume that the 'yes' button has to be pressed first before the name of the person to be 'voice-dialled' is spoken into the mouth piece. Or in the case of flip-cover mouth piece phones, the flip-cover has to be opened first before the voice-dialling can work - so I guess the loud witchy loving shall remain safe from phone transmission! Talk about a new thought twist to the concept of phone sex - Hee hee!

And Oh, don't you worry - Tara would never dream of apologizing for wanting her Willow. The poor girl just gets embarrassed about sharing the lengths she's willing to go to get her redhead all to herself - bless her, the blondish-haired vixen!!

SO everyone - thanks for reading and I hope you all continue to enjoy.

Update follows shortly.

Post subject: Re: UPDATE!! (Chapter 7)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:16 am 
I still can't see Dawn confessing her stealing (lord knows why a more innocent word like 'shoplifting' was invented for that) on her own. I realize it's better for Dawn this way of course, just can't see the turn exactly. Ah well, Anya surely will speak her mind on that subject, not to worry about instant forgiveness there : -->":">

I'm not to sure returning those goods to the stores is a good idea. If they're caught it will look like 'parental-guardian and kid shoplifting together' which isn't a good thing. Buffy is lucky enough to have Dawn stay with her as is, considering on what you define as 'lucky' of course :-).

Good that Willow wants to talk to Buffy and help her through this. It's one of the first hurdles she'll have to deal with regarding Dawn. Comes with acting like a parent I guess ":lol" .

Seems Tara and Willow are on their second honeymoon or something. They're soooo cute and sweet towards each other. Not that thats a BAD thing of course :-)

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:50 pm 
Well, yet again another wonderful update.

& a big ":clap" to you for writing a Dawn that doesn't bug the hell out of me, I didn't think it was possible. ":)"

Willow & Tara are just so sweet in this fic. I mean, they're always sweet 'cos, well, they're Willow & Tara, but the way you write their little interactions & thoughts about each other, it makes them that much sweeter ":)"

I'm not so sure about returning the stolen goods secretly. I think Dawn should have to face the music, return the goods properly & apologise to the shop managers.

Ah well, I'm sure Anya won't let her off too easily.

Oh, I can't wait for Tara to confront Xander ":D" There's just no way that can be anything but great!

Please update soon ":pray"

Hugs

Jeanne

----------

Posh flowers make me feel groovy - My niece

I am perfectly normal in my abnormalities

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:42 am 
God, they are sugary sweet , it's great! Nothing like make up sex after a big fight ":p" I am glad they are all making up, you're really cleaning up that mess. Go GROWW!

- - - - - - - - - - -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:01 pm 
Hi everyone,

Just checking in to do replies and to say an update will be up within 4 days.

Thanks SO much for reading and I hope you continue to read and enjoy how I develop this story.

Now to individual replies which I hope give some insight to this fic...

Grimlock72: Hi Grimmy - Yeah, I kinda knew not everyone would agree that Dawn would voluntarily confess her shoplifting/stealing(hee hee I know you feel shoplifting was wrongly invented in an attempt to make stealing sound more innocent - is that at all possible?!)

Anyway - see the way I figure things is that somehow Willow's wonky-free ideas are setting off a chain reaction or rubbing off on the whole gang(oh okay so far on some of them....!) AND REMEMBER at the point that my fic started and then veered off into AU, the very bratty Dawn hadn't fully emerged - BUT I couldn't ignore that she had already pinched the medallion from the magic box and probably also the majority of the things Anya discovered in the actual show. So since I'm trying to be as realistic as possible - I figured that the following were options: Dawn continues until she's caught or not caught, She stops and doesn't tell OR She confesses.

I went for the confession option 'cause on the show we're LED to believe that Dawn was doing all that stuff to gain attention, SO in my fic since she is now getting the attention she craves - guilt kicks in and she chooses to come clean so the guilt doesn't stay with her as a burden. Also I debated on what kind of reaction to make Willow and Tara have - I mean Buffy and Anya's reactions are easy enough to guess at but that of the 2 witches not so much - I hope I did it justice, seeing as they're naturally very compassionate and sweet and afterall Dawn did confess - so I figured that would make them even more lenient.... But ANYA? different story all together!!

AS FOR the returning of the goods - don't anyone fret - returning the goods is not conclusive at all - that was just Dawn repeating the things Buffy had mused about - you know, playing mother is tough for Buffy with all her other responsibilities - so she's just musing out loud. She must be torn and confused over what is the right thing to do knowing store owners have been cheated out of goods and therefore money by her own sister and at the same time there's the fear of what may happen to her sister - let's not forget the bit about Dawn could be taken away from her..... Thank goodness Willow's gonna be there to help her think and sort through it all.....

Quote:
Seems Tara and Willow are on their second honeymoon or something. They're soooo cute and sweet towards each other. Not that thats a BAD thing of course :-)

Um, Grimmy - Willow and Tara technically can not be on there 'second honeymoon' since they've not gone on a first honeymoon even - Haha ":laugh" . BUT I do know what you mean and it is indeed a good thing!!!!!

I honestly feel this is how they really would act with each other - though we never got to see much of that on the show - sigh....

I can also gladly say their loving is going to get even sweeter & steamier!!!!! Particularly since they still have some angsty stuff ahead to work through which will hopefully only bring them closer....? ":hmm"

Thanks For reading and giving me great feedback - I sincerely appreciate it.

kindagay: Hiya Jeanne - I'm so glad 'my' Dawn doesn't bug the hell out of you - that's high praise indeed seeing as the Dawn in canon sure seemed to bug the hell out of lotsa people including me for the most part - so thanks for the praise.

Oh yeah lots of Willow/Tara goodness to be had in my fic - and I can promise it only gets better and steamier and and - oh you know what I'm getting at!!

So thanks muchly for your kind words on my W/T interactions and thoughts - it really means a lot to me - before I write any W/T scene, I really try and put myself in their shoes.

My fuel for writing such is to remember sweet scenes like Willow asking for a story/ or Tara offering to rub her baby's tummy at Christmas dinner(so in love is she that it doesn't occur to her to be embarassed until Willow becomes so...)/ or Tara asking her honey(with head on said honey's shoulder) to change the channel from 'darn salem judges with their less holier than thou attitude' to cute koala bears on discovery channel. Also all of the tenderness of Willow to her Tara when Glory had hurt her - is just SO heart breakingly moving and oh just to die for!!!

I am such a hopeless romantic that I just melt over and over everytime I watch those episodes - I'm probably gonna have to invest in the more expensive DVD versions of my treasured W/T orientated Buffy collection 'cos I'll probably soon ruin my videotape collection from all the excessive rewinding and re-watching!!!

As you'll read above I elaborated on the returning stolen goods issue - but you mentioned Dawn returning the goods and apologizing and then facing the music - that might not be so good if any of the store owners report to the authorities 'cos then that might lead to Buffy's guardianship of Dawn being threatened.... And also the stolen items may not all still be good as new etc. - we'll see, next update.....

Yep! - interesting 'Tara confronting Xander' scene in next update! Thanks again for reading and for your kind feedback - I really appreciate it.

xita: Hi xita - you're very kind with your praise on GROWW! Thank You so much! Yep - Willow and Tara are sugary sweet and I hope to get them sweeter and steamier!! And I'll try my best to always do justice to such sweet scenes - I wouldn't want anyone to start to feel it's becoming too sugary a pill to swallow! Though come to think of it I wonder if W/T sweetness can ever be too much....?

And yeah - I guess a major thing big fights are good for is the joy of make up sex afterwards! And in the case of such soulmates as Willow and Tara it can only bring them closer and more explosively together both in their physical AND emotional bonding.

Lastly, you're right - I guess Operation GROWW is also sort of a clean up operation!!

Thanks again and I really hope you continue to read and enjoy - of course I sincerely appreciate your feedback also.

SO everyone - loooong update within 4 days.

Post subject: UPDATE!! (Chapter 8)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:31 pm 
Hi Kittens! – Here’s the next update. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoyed writing it. This might just be my most favourite chapter so far!

Oh BTW – sorry this update doesn’t have the romantic picnic with the bizarre end(it has everything else I promised though) – the scenes in this chapter just ended up so lengthy. I could almost swear the characters took over and kept writing more stuff in themselves!

Anyhow on with the update….

This part is rated R

Thoughts in italics

Chapter 8

Buffy walked into her kitchen through the back door about half an hour before Anya was due to arrive.

“Hi Tara – whatchya doing?” she asked on seeing Tara seated at the counter whilst writing something on a pad.

Tara looked up and smiled. “Oh hi Buffy – I’m just writing out a grocery list ‘cause I’m off shopping in a moment”

“Oh, thanks Tara – I should be the one to do that…”

“Hey - no need to thank me sweetie, we all chip in remember?”

“Yeah, but you do so much and make sure we eat properly and stuff – I hope you know I really appreciate it.” Buffy said in a sincere voice.

“I know that, just like I and everyone else appreciate you too – you do so much for all of us and shoulder such a great responsibility…… speaking of which, I’ll be off now and I’ll let Will know you’re back - she wants to have a word with you about Dawn”

“Oh – I thought you’d be going shopping with Will as you normally do.”

It didn’t escape Tara’s notice that Buffy didn’t acknowledge the bit about Willow wanting to talk about Dawn.

“Not today Buffy” was all she said as she ripped off the top sheet of the writing pad on which her list was written. Then after saying bye to Buffy she left the kitchen while thinking Oh Buffy, you opened up this last couple of days – don’t withdraw from us again….

“Sweetie – I’m off now and Buffy’s back” Tara said as she pulled on her jacket and stood at the doorway of the living room.

Willow who was still seated watching cartoons with Dawn, bounded of the couch almost immediately when her girlfriend spoke, taking a second to pat the arm of the teen who looked up briefly when she moved to stand.

Willow stood by Tara and took one of her hands.

“Okay baby – don’t be too long ‘cause I’m gonna miss you…. And oh, do you have your phone with you?”

Tara pulled Willow in and gave her a quick kiss then said

“Yeah sweetie – I’ve got my phone and I’ll miss you too. But please go and talk to Buffy now – she needs you” Tara replied with a meaningful tone in her voice.

Willow nodded slightly in understanding and shared one last quick kiss with her girlfriend before saying bye then headed for the kitchen after Tara had left by the front door.

When Willow walked into the kitchen she saw a seated and very pensive-looking Buffy sipping from a can of soda.

“Hiya Buff – where’ve you been?”

“Hey Will - I just took a walk around the neighbourhood” replied Buffy glancing at her best friend as she sat down next to her and then she turned away to scowl at her can of soda.

“Don’t do that Buffy – please” said Willow

“Do what?” replied Buffy with a lift of her eyebrows and another glance at her friend.

Willow grabbed hold of her friend’s free arm to get her full attention and then levelled her a look.

“You know what! You’re being all avoid-y and I’m not gonna let you! Talk to me Buffy, let me help – barely two days ago we promised we’d share everything with each other again and take care of each other. I know how you’re feeling and I want to help make it better….” pleaded Willow while squeezing Buffy’s arm encouragingly.

“Do you Will? Do you really know how I feel?”

“Sweetie listen – I admit I can’t know exactly how you feel. But I do have a very good idea. It’s bad enough that you have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders – and then Dawnie pulls a stunt like this to add to the burdens of responsibility you already have to bear, burdens you never asked for in the first place…. It all just sucks doesn’t it?”

“Yeah Will it really sucks! I mean how could she? What if she’d been caught? – what if she’d been caught and they took her away from me? They’d say I was not looking after her properly and take her away. Then where would I be? I promised Mom I’d take good care of her and instead I’m doing a lousy job and…..”

“Buffy stop! – you are so not doing a lousy job. With everything you’ve had to handle you are doing a great job. You had no way of knowing what Dawn was up to and it’s a good sign she owned up and is truly sorry – that’s a step in the right direction – right?”

“I guess so – but Will what am I going to do about the stuff she took? I know what to do about Anya’s stuff when she gets here – but the other shops, what am I going to do?”

“What do you want to do Buffy? – Dawn mentioned something about returning stuff secretly….?” asked Willow

“That was me just thinking out loud Will – I was still very confused then, trying to take it all in, so possibilities where just jumbling up in my mind. But during my walk I realised that’ll be real bad ‘cause some of the shop owners would probably still want to report it even if she comes clean, so…. Will what should I do?” Buffy looked to her friend hoping for the right solution.”

“Well – it depends on the condition of the items. Here’s what I suggest and I know this is not the ideal solution - but let’s make sure not a single one of those items remains in this house. I don’t know exactly what they’re but regardless of if they’re still good as new or have been used by Dawn – let’s give them away. Yeah we can go leave them on the doorstep of some charity or orphanage or something…. They’ll find better uses for them I’m sure.” Willow paused and then continued after thinking a bit.

“See, the way I look at it - it’s indeed a real shame that the store owners have been cheated out of goods and money – and I really wish we could undo that wrong, but I don’t see how we can do so without Dawn probably getting into trouble. So instead let those who’re more deserving find use for the items – what do you think Buff?”

“Yeah, yeah that sounds like a really good idea – thanks Will. But I’m gonna make sure Anya puts Dawn to work after school for some hours without any pay – she needs to do penance for what she did even though she confessed and is sorry. Do you think that’s appropriate?”

Willow who was inwardly relieved that her friend was back to being open with her, responded in a reassuring tone.

“Yeah Buffy that seems about right to me and besides I have a feeling that Anya would have pretty strong views on adequate punishment if you appear lax in anyway!” Willow retorted with a small grin.

“Yeah you’ve sure got that right” Buffy said smiling back at her friend and then taking a large gulp of her soda.

After a few moments of companionable silence Willow decided to voice something she had hoped to wait a while to reveal.

“Er, so I just may have some good news Buffy – something that could benefit me and you – heck even all of us if it works out – do you wanna hear it?”

“Do I? Of course I do – I could do with some good cheerful news just about now!” said Buffy looking happier and more enthusiastic than she had done moments before.

“Cool! But please Buff it’s just between you and me for now ‘kay? I wanna surprise Tara later in the week if it all works out and I get the good news I’m hoping for….”

“Sure Will, and oh! I’m sorry about last night and mentioning operation GROWW – it didn’t occur to me that you’d mind my mentioning it….. you know you can still trust me right?”

“Of course I know I can trust you! And don’t worry about last night I just didn’t wanna sound like such a dork in front of everyone….”

“Willow you are so not a dork! Okay? Now spill - I’m dying of suspense here!”

“Thanks Buffy. See the thing is the other day when I was off thinking and planning and stuff - one of the things I did was talk to my Computing professor. He had been impressed with one of my programs a while back – so anyway we talked and he told me he had a friend that owned a fairly large chain of companies that dealt with security software and stuff like that and that he may be able to get me a fantastic paying job with my code decryption skills and such.”

“So anyway the good news in a nutshell is - if I get hired, there are gonna be some basic aspects of the job that I’m told I could choose to get help with and they’ll be willing to pay both me and my team of helpers a tidy some for our work.”

“So whatchya think? I already know some Scooby type helpers I could call on – and hey presto any financial worries are all taken care off – that’ll be great, won’t it Buff?” Willow asked while waggling her eyebrows in an anticipatory and comical manner at her friend.

Buffy for her own part was sure she was very pleased – but she still had some difficulty taking in some of what Willow had just said.

“Will that sounds great – really it does. But how about school? What kinda job is it? Oh no! – you’re not gonna have to leave school here and move away for this job are you? ‘Cause I ……”

“No, no – nothing like that Buffy. It’s work that can be done from home and it’s part time work – but pays very good money – so it’s the best of both worlds really - combining school work with work that earns cool bucks at the same time. Oh but let’s not jump the gun – by Wednesday I should have feedback and fingers crossed it’ll be good news and then I’ll be given more details which will allow me to explain it all better to you” babbled Willow

“Wow! Willow – have I told you lately how amazing you are? I mean wow – you really meant business that day you went off by yourself – just what else have you been planning? Just look at how you’re coming up with all this stuff to take such good care of us – you are so amazing - what will I ever do without you Will? C’mere you mega-smart witch!” exclaimed Buffy pulling her dear best friend into a huge, warm and heartfelt hug whilst making sure not to squash her with slayer-strength.

“Aw, thanks Buffy. You are so awesome yourself you know. Look at how you stay strong and overcome all the apocalyptic stuff and at the same time you’re the best friend I could ever ask for. See how you stood up for me last night and oh yeah – I owe you big time for helping me get major quality time with my baby last night – it was SO a night to remember!”

“Will !” squeaked Buffy pulling out of the hug to cast a chastising look at her friend whilst blushing slightly in embarrassment.

“What? – it WAS a night to remember!” retorted willow in a slightly indignant tone while having a dreamy look in her eyes as she remembered the night of love she’d shared with her sexy blonde witch.

Soon Willow snapped out of her thoughts when she noticed her friend was smiling affectionately at her but at the same time looking rather wistful and a little pensive again.

“Hey Buffy – please don’t be sad, I’m sorry I got carried away. And you know – one day soon you’ll end up with that special someone you were meant to be with and .…” Willow reached out trying to comfort her friend, only to be interrupted though.

“Yeah right – ‘cause I’ve got such a great track record with my love life” Buffy intoned in a voice laced with sarcasm.

Willow turned in her seat to fully face her friend and grasped both her hands in hers.

“Buffy you’re gonna do something for me starting right now okay? You are gonna join me in thinking positively for a better future for all of us. Willow said firmly and then continued after a very brief pause.

“Another thing I did when I was by myself the other day, was to start thinking positive and I pray that by some miracle or mercy or whatever – that whichever power that be is out there pulling the strings is gonna go along with us on this one.”

“I mean Buffy think positive with me – for crying out loud haven’t we suffered enough? After Glory – god, enough is enough!” Willow started to rant while Buffy gazed at her dumbstruck.

“Buffy last night you said maybe that damned prophecy has been changed to give you a better chance than your predecessors – I pray it is so and honestly it’s about time too! I am sick and tired of being toyed with, you know.”

“I just want a good life for us – okay fine let them throw at us your everyday garden variety vampires and maybe a demon or two, us scoobies and you slayer extraordinaire can deal with those - easy as pie!”

“But no more impending apocalypses, no more skanky bitch hell gods coming to end the world!”

“She hurt my baby! God please no more – I can’t stand it if anything like that happens again. The dark magicks I used on Glory….. Buffy that’s what made me go all wonky – I’m sure it must be that. I nearly messed it all up with Tara because of that…. I was using too much magic – that’s what Tara and I fought about, I….”

Buffy finally snapped out of it and rushed to interrupt.

“Hey Will, calm down - take it easy. It’s okay, we’re okay now – you’re right we’ll take care of each other better – okay? I’ll think positive with you, I’ll do anything to keep us all safe you know that, right? We’ll be okay and with your foresight and your smarts and all our combined power we’ll do fine you’ll see” Buffy had drawn Willow in for another soothing hug all the while she was speaking then she released her with a final gentle pat on the back and gave an encouraging smile.

“Willow smiled back and said with a tiny sigh “Sorry Buffy – I was supposed to be comforting you. I guess I just needed to vent – but I’m okay now.”

“And what I said before I meant it – I just know you will end up with your own soulmate and be happy – no one deserves it more than you, you know. You’re so brave and amazing – you’re the best friend anyone could ever ask for, you deserve to be happy and don’t you ever forget that.” Willow said with great resolve while squeezing her best friend’s hand affectionately.

“You know Will – I’m not gonna get all debate-y about what you just said. I’ve promised myself I’ll pay better attention to what you say ‘cause you’re the smartest person I know. Besides I’ll be a fool to protest when you say the sweetest things to me.” Buffy ended her little speech with a huge grin for her friend.

Willow grinned back happily and gave Buffy’s hand a final squeeze and then got up and spoke.

“On that happy note – how about we drink to the power of positive thinking – want another soda? I’m getting one for myself”

“Sure Will – I’ll drink to that” Buffy said with another smile.

Buffy and Willow settled down to drink their sodas. They were now both in a replete and tranquil mood.

The tranqulity didn’t last for long though. Barely a minute after Willow had sat down again Anya waltzed in through the kitchen door gripping a sling bag full of her trademark bridal magazines and sang out in a chirpy voice.

“Never fear – the soon to be married ex-demon is here! Ooh cold sodas – just what I need, it’s hot out there today!” With that said she plopped unto a seat and dumped her bag of magazines down on the counter in front of her and then remembering her manners she spoke up.

“Hello Buffy, hello Willow – um, could I please have a soda?”

“Sure Anya” Buffy said getting up to go to the fridge while Anya continued talking to Willow who for her own part knew she wouldn’t be able to get a word in, so gave a tiny wave of hello to the ex-demon instead.

“Willow – my phone is so cool! I’m a bit late getting here than I said I would be ‘cause I was playing Tetris on my phone as I walked over here and that kinda slowed me down….”

“You walked?” Buffy and Willow interrupted in unison.

“Yeah? Why do you both look so surprised? I do have legs you know – though I admit it would have been worse if I walked all the way without any breaks – it is rather hot today. But I took some breaks walking through the park - I sat down once in a while particularly when I was trying to get a high score on Tetris” Anya stopped prattling and took a swig from the can of soda Buffy brought her while looking at her two companions expectantly.

“Well Anya – I just expected Xander to bring you in the car like he normally does.” said Buffy.

“Oh yeah, well he did drop me off at the Magic box this morning – ‘cause I wanted to do a little inventory and also see if any customers would come in and give me money in exchange for goods – sadly no customers came in the whole hour I was there. But I don’t mind that much since we just had that bumper sale at Halloween which brought me lots of lovely money.”

“Besides, more important is the fact that I have a wedding to plan! So where’s Tara? – I need input from all of you on planning this wedding of mine”

“Willow who had noticed Buffy tense up slightly when Anya mentioned the Halloween sale now spoke up”

“Um Anya, before we get to the planning your wedding thing – Dawn has something she needs to tell you and besides Tara is out grocery shopping so we can talk about the wedding when she’s back? In the meantime I’ll go get Dawnie”

As Willow left the kitchen – Anya turned a questioning gaze to Buffy and then frowned slightly when it seemed Buffy was avoiding eye contact as she sipped at her soda.

Meanwhile, in town Tara had stopped at her favourite confectionery shop. There, she’d bought for the planned picnic; a specially made chocolate fudge cake that she knew her Willow would love. With happy thoughts of her love she also picked up some pastries and one or two other sweet items she was hoping to use to indulge her girlfriend’s sweet tooth.

A thought occurred to Tara as she contemplated going on to the supermarket to pick up the groceries on her list as well as any other picnic items she felt were desirable. Coming to a decision she stepped out of the confectioner’s and headed down the street towards a block of flats.

Soon she was standing in front of Xander and Anya’s apartment door – hoping Xander would answer to her knock. She wasn’t disappointed.

The door opened to reveal Xander dressed casually in jeans and a well-worn football jersey.

“Tara? – what are you doing here? If you wanna see Anya I believe she’s at your place….”

Tara cut in and said “Hi Xander – I know Anya’s at my place, that’s why I came. Um, if now’s not a bad time I need to talk to you privately – so can I come in?”

Xander was rather anxious at this unexpected turn of events but seeing the expectant look on Tara’s face he stepped aside to let her in.

“Sure Tara. Looks like you’ve been shopping – er, would you like something to drink?” he offered politely.

Tara had moved to the dining table to place her shopping bag down, then she spoke as she removed her jacket and draped it on the back of a chair which she eventually sat on.

“Yeah – my first stop was a shop just nearby and I’ll still be going on to the supermarket later. Oh and some coffee would be great please.”

“Okay – I’ll go make us some.” Xander replied as he stepped into the kitchen.

Meanwhile at the Summers house, things weren’t going too well – hurricane Anya was in full force!

“What? - You stole from me? You STOLE from me Dawn? I can’t believe I’m hearing this”

“How could you? Do you hate me? I’ve been good to you – I took care of you”

“I mean I stayed with Xander to look after you so many times when I would rather have had him to myself – I even got my arm broken trying to protect you! And this is how you repay me?!”

Anya was in a full blown stormy rant.

“What have I ever done to make you hate me so much that you would steal goods that bring me money? How could you do that to me Dawn?”

“I mean just the other day I taught you my dance of capital superiority and you danced with me and helped me count my money – but all the while you’d been stealing from me – tell me why Dawn. Just tell me WHY?” With that question Anya stopped her rant looking extremely hurt and agitated while gazing fiercely at a cowering Dawn.

Buffy and Willow were sitting at the counter looking on with sad expressions and wincing at the genuine hurt they sensed in Anya’s every single word. They knew Dawn deserved to face this by herself - so they kept totally quiet and watched the drama unfold.

As for Dawn she was cowering slightly in the corner of the kitchen near the doorway.

After she’d made her confession to Anya – she had bowed her head slightly but was resolved to take whatever onslaught was coming, after all she deserved it.

But when Anya had leapt of her seat and moved to walk aggressively towards her and started her tirade – Dawn had become rather scared. But then her slight fear had turned to piercing shame as she heard what Anya was saying.

Dawn flinched at almost every word Anya said. The worst thing was that she was realising for the first time how much Anya really cared for her and therefore how much she had really hurt the ex-demon with her stupid acts of theft. Tears of shame filled Dawn’s eyes but she knew what she had to do.

When Anya stopped, Dawn looked up with resolve making sure to blink back her tears before she spoke – she was going to do this right without any snivelling.

“Anya – I’m so sorry. I’m truly very sorry. I wasn’t thinking. I was just so stupid. What I did was so wrong and I swear I’ll never do anything like that again”

“I don’t hate you Anya – you are right, you’ve been very good to me. I’m truly sorry – I’ll understand if you hate me…. but please I hope you can forgive me instead. I swear I’ll do my best to make it up to you. I’ll do anything you want me to do as my punishment…. But first I’ll go get all the things I took.” With a last pleading glance, Dawn spun around and left the kitchen while fighting back her tears of remorse.

When she’d left - Anya went to sit back down rather deflated.

After a rather uncomfortable moment of silence Buffy gingerly reached out to grasp Anya’s arm gently then tentatively she spoke in a low tone.

“I’m truly sorry about all this Anya – I really wish it had never happened and I’m so ashamed that my sister could have done such a thing. But please believe her when she says she’s sorry. I hope you’ll agree that her owning up is rather good proof of how sorry she is.” Buffy paused briefly then continued saying “I suggest Dawn should help you out at the magic box free of charge as penance for what she did”

“She could do a couple of hours after school anytime you want and for a reasonably long period. Buffy paused to gather her thoughts then continued

What do you say Anya? Is that good enough? – I want to do whatever it takes to make this up to you. As Will has recently been pointing out - as a family we need to start to do better.”

“So please Anya forgive her and let her make it up to you - I really am very sorry….”

“Yeah, yeah Buffy that sounds okay – I will get over it. Dawn does seem genuinely sorry so I know I can forgive her…. It just really upset me so much – I mean this is a happy time. I’m gonna be married and I came over here all happy today thinking we’ll have a nice girlie bonding day and plan my wedding like they do on the movies - you know?”

At this point Willow too reached out to try and comfort Anya by briefly patting her arm and speaking for the first time since the drama unfolded.

“Yeah Anya, we know. We can still do that when Tara gets home – we’re gonna do all we can to help make your wedding special. And thanks for being so understanding about Dawn”

“Yeah, thanks a lot Anya” echoed Buffy as she squeezed Anya’s arm gently one last time in gratitude.

Anya gave both of them a tiny smile and tried to cheer up as she sipped some of her soda while they all sat quietly in a more comfortable silence.

Dawn who’d been sitting on the stairs clutching her trinket box full of the things from the Magic Box, now heaved a small sigh of relief and took her cue. She got up and headed for the kitchen while vowing to herself that she would make things up to Anya big time, she also thanked her stars that all the items where still in great condition, complete with the price tags still attached.

Meanwhile at Xander’s apartment Tara had tried her best to keep her amusement in check when her host was making them coffee.

Xander was either nervous about something or was just domestically challenged were kitchen duties where concerned. A lot of rattling and clattering about ensued - stainless steel and crockery clattered causing a clumsy-sounding racket.

By the time Xander was on about his third “shit!” or “ouch that’s hot!” Tara knew she needed to say something or she would end up bursting out in laughter that would no doubt offend.

“Uh, do you need any help Xander?” she asked.

“Er, no thanks Tara – I’ve got it” then seconds later he approached the table with two steaming mugs of coffee on a tray that also held cream, sugar and two teaspoons.

“Yeah I got it all brewed finally and er, I’ve got the burns to show for it – here we go” he intoned with a goofy grin as he set the tray between them and sat down opposite Tara.

“Thanks Xander” said Tara as she took the mug closest to her and proceeded to add cream and sugar. As Tara stirred her coffee and then took a tiny sip of the hot brew, Xander was busy adding sugar to his while his mood quickly sobered.

“So Tara – what’s the what?” he said a tad nervously.

Tara took another sip of her coffee and then sighed as she placed the mug back unto the table then levelled her gaze on Xander.

“Well Xander – the thing is usually you’re such a sweetie, but without mincing words I’ve gotta tell you that lately you’ve been behaving like a pompous ass!” Tara said with a very straight face while pinning her sparkling blue gaze unwaveringly on the now flustered Scooby.

“Whoa! Tara what? What did I do?” Xander said in a shocked tone.

“Look Xander, I honestly don’t want to hurt your feelings deliberately or anything – but someone’s gotta tell you.”

“Sometimes you get really judgemental - and lately you’ve been picking on Willow a lot and I….”

“But Tara I….” Xander started to splutter something in his defence only to be cut off in turn by the blonde witch.

“No Xander – let me have my say. From what Dawn said yesterday you apparently have picked on Willow recently at a time I wasn’t around and that’s why she spoke up when you did it again yesterday. I felt Willow getting tense and I knew she was hurt by your attitude and what you said - and let me tell you I don’t like that at all.”

“When that demon hitched a ride back with Buffy – you where pretty quick to question if Willow had allowed it to happen or if she had known it would happen and didn’t tell us.”

“Now I’m not saying Willow is perfect. She’s made mistakes just like all of us have. But Willow is the most loving person I know and she tries so hard to do the right thing and it’s always out of love and loyalty.”

“And Xander? Willow loves you, she loves all of us – you’ve been her best friend since you were in kindergarten together….and even if she doesn’t show it, everytime you get all judgemental on her she gets hurt – and dammit I hate to see her hurt when she tries so hard!” Tara stopped and took a soothing breath to calm down, then noting the stunned and worried expression on Xander’s face she spoke less heatedly.

“Look – do you wanna tell me what the real problem is? I honestly feel you need to work on not being so hasty to judge others – but this time I think something is really bugging you and for some reason you’re taking it out on Willow.”

“Tara I – I mean I just… it’s just….” Xander spluttered extremely worried now and totally taken aback at witnessing this assertive side of Tara. He was used to her being so quiet and gentle and shy – but this sure was something…. Okay, so he knew she was protective of Willow – but it was rather disconcerting to be the one on the receiving end of a verbal onslaught from protective Tara!

Seeing how flustered Xander was – Tara made a decision.

“You know what Xander? I think I’ll be leaving now. It’s not me you should talk to about your troubles. But I suggest you think things through carefully and deal with whatever the problem is before it grows out of proportion”

“With all the evil things we face the last thing we need is to hurt the people we love – I recently learnt that it never pays to stay silent just to avoid a confrontation, such things always backfire on you. Things need to be brought out in the open to be sorted once and for all”

“Sorry I’m being all preach-y but I think it’s necessary – I need Willow to be happy.”

“Oh and Xander, if you continue to say hurtful things to my girl – I just might have to kick your ass!”

Tara delivered that last statement only a little less mildly than she had delivered the rest of her speech. But Xander was left somehow feeling that she was dead serious!

Still stunned – he tried to compose himself but didn’t quite pull it off. While Tara in contrast took a last sip of her now tepid coffee then gracefully stood to put on her jacket and grab her shopping bag, eventually turning back to speak to him.

“Thanks for the coffee Xander, I’ll see myself out” she said.

All she got was a nod from a bewildered looking Xander – so she quietly said bye to him and let herself out of his apartment.

Ten minutes later Tara was already in the supermarket thinking how she couldn’t wait to get home to her girlfriend. While in contrast Xander was still in the same spot in his apartment, this time wearing a frown as he sat in deep thought.

He couldn’t help but acknowledge the fact that he needed to shelve his Saturday afternoon plan to lounge in front of the TV watching football in favour of sorting his head out.

TBC.

Questions? Comments? – are greatly appreciated.

(Next update within a week.)

In the next update we get:

The romantic picnic that ends rather bizarrely.

To learn what Willow’s likely job offer entails.

To learn further the extent of Willow’s future GROWW plans.

To learn if there is REAL power in positive thinking ":hmm" ":D"

Edited by: WannaFriendsBe at: 11/24/03 7:55 pm

Post subject: Re: UPDATE!! (Chapter 8)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:24 am 
Hey WFB ":bigwave" Phew, finally managed to catch up on your last 2 updates. I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed both of them! And go Tara! ":dance" She did a mighty fine kicking of Xander's ass ":D" (well metaphorically speaking) I'm really interested with how this concept is evolving, keep up the great work!

Cassie

I don't mind being alone

I just don't want to be alone without you

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:53 am 
I fell behind on two updates also...what a treat to get caught up. ":read"

Mostly I just want to say YAY you, for Tara's conversation with Xander the pompous ass. Take-Charge-Tara and Protective Tara are two of my favorite people, all wrapped up in one delicious package of goodness. ":thud" Hopefully her talk has really awakened the Xander of old...the one who cared about others without judging them within an inch of their lives.

Can't wait to hear more about Willow's job and find out just how good this picnic will be. ":p"

...when we find That Kind of Love...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:59 pm 
I like protective Tara, but am not so sure what she accomplished with that little one-sided talk. Guess we'll see that in the future behaviour of Xander.

Willow and Buffy are awfully sweet to each other, a bit too sweet in fact. Willow's saying that Buffy didn't do a lousy job is denying the truth which simply won't help Buffy in the long run. How well a job Buffy did of being a parent to Dawn isn't connected to her fighting evil vampires. If she can't be a good parent with her current activities (no matter how well intentioned those are) she shouldn't think or pretend to be one, simple really. In typical Willow style, Willow ended up on her using the much magic... somehow related back to parenting Dawn, that was a bit hard to follow :-)

Did I read Willow's bable correctly in that the scoobies are going to help her writing a computer program ? That should be fun to see, not that it will ever work of course ":)" . Had to smile at Anya mentioning the "dance of capital superiority" and she IS right in questioning why Dawn did what she did. I'm not sure I buy the 'wanting attention' explanation either, seems you would do something more overt to get that.

Perhaps Dawn's biggest punishment will be that the people that do/did care about her will remember this. It's not like she has that many friends outside the scoobies as is anyway, which is something she should work on. Given Buffy's job and her environment I would always recommend Dawn to be placed with foster-care parents, it's not like Buffy is anywhere near capable of providing proper familly conditions for a kid like Dawn.. but I degress :-)

Ah well, it IS good to read that at least Willow and Tara don't have troubles between them, heh. Granted, Buffy didn't want to hear more details or such.... Come to think of it most people beside the Summers are doing fairly well.

Grimmy

--

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:49 pm 
Yay an update!

I was just considering begging for the next part & here it is. ":)"

& it's a great update too (as if you would deliver anything else), you're spoiling us!

Finally Xander's been put in his place. I say, well done Tara! ":applause" (& also you, 'cos you are the one who wrote it after all ":)" ). ":applause"

The talk was great & obviously did get through to Xander. Hopefully he'll seriously consider how much of an ass he's been & buck his ideas up.

& if he doesn't, we get to see Tara kick his ass, which would just be brilliant, 'cos kick-ass-Tara getting large with the butch - ":drool" .

However, as much as I would love to see that, I think I'd much prefer a nice Xander who thinks before he opens his mouth & doesn't upset Willow.

Anya's reaction to Dawn's shoplifting was extremely accurate & just brilliantly, well, 'Anya'.

You mentionned that you did a lot of research before you started this fic & it really shows. You've got every one of the characters down to a tee.

Well done you! ":clap"

& I'm still liking your Dawn, so as far as I'm concerned you're a miracle worker! ":clap"

Can't wait for the next part, you made it sound very intriguing.

Hugs

Jeanne

----------

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:06 am 
Oh yay, xander really deserved that and more! Tara's too nice to really give it to him. Grr. Lots of great development you had for everyone there but I just loved the lashing xander got!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Post subject: Just checking in to say.....
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:31 pm 
Dearest Kittens,

Just checking in to say I'm sorry for the lack of an update.

I came down with a really bad cold yesterday and I feel really weak and blechy!! *sigh*

Usually I tend to update on Sundays - but alas this Sunday(i.e. today) - I guess it wasn't meant to be.

The update is half done and I'll complete it and put it up as soon as I feel better (hopefully within the week).

I'll also do individual replies then - I'm quite keen to answer some issues raised in the feedback I got for the last update and I'm SOOO happy so many of you are reading and liking my fic. The viewing stats and the feedback are so awesome and encouraging.

Thanks a million lovely kittens and do bear with me - I'll update as soon as I can.

Post subject: Replies - then an update follows shortly.....
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:03 pm 
Hi everyone - I'm back!! I'm happy to say I'm over my illness now and I've got to say thanks again for the lovely fics at this wonderful board - reading them really cheered me up when I was down.

I've got an update ready to post right after I give individual feedback - I think and I really hope you'll like it - it has mucho Willow/Tara goodness in it and hopefully makes up for the long absence of an update. BUT you'll also notice it doesn't have ALL the highlights I promised in my footnotes at the end of the last update...

I have decided not to put so many footnotes from now on - 'cos on the one hand I make all these plans then RL starts kicking me around and then I can't stick to my promised schedule! SO let me just say I'll try to update frequently from now on and hope you all enjoy the development of this fic as it unfolds....

Now on to individual feedback....

intricate mirage: Hiya Cassie - thanks bunches for your encouraging and kind comments - I'm so thrilled that you continue to enjoy my fic and yeah go Tara!

TKOLove: Hi there! You are so kind in leaving me such lovely feedback - I'm just so happy that the Tara of my fic seems to be a hit! I love writing her and I think she gets even more entertaining in the next update (hint hint)

Also, you said it was a treat to get caught up with my fic and for that I say a huge thanks for the compliment - there are so many great fics available that it really touches me that you are enjoying mine also - I hope you continue to read and enjoy! - I'll definitely reveal all about Willow's job soon and in this update we have part of the picnic, Yay I love picnics!(Hee hee)

Please continue to leave me feedback whenever you can - doesn't matter if feedback is on good or bad aspects, feedback always helps and encourages me to do better....

Grimlock72: Heya Grimmy - so glad you like protective Tara and don't worry we'll soon see the effect of her talk with Xander. The talk was indeed one-sided but only because Xander seemed decidedly lacking in speech or thought process when Tara was on the case - nice to have him reduced to a blundering bag of nerves after he'd been just the opposite when being nastily talkative against Willow....

Quote:
Willow and Buffy are awfully sweet to each other, a bit too sweet in fact. Willow's saying that Buffy didn't do a lousy job is denying the truth which simply won't help Buffy in the long run. How well a job Buffy did of being a parent to Dawn isn't connected to her fighting evil vampires. If she can't be a good parent with her current activities (no matter how well intentioned those are) she shouldn't think or pretend to be one, simple really.

Grimmy I agree Buffy's slayer duties are not connected to parenting or guardianship of Dawn - but I think we can sympathise with Willow and Buffy being sweet or even too sweet to each other - I intended their talk to not only show how Willow wanted to help Buffy with her immediate predicament over Dawn BUT also to show them further reconnecting as best friends. Remember that since Buffy came back from the dead(again) Willow had been very anxious to have the Buffy she was used to back.

ALSO I don't agree that Willow denied the truth when she said Buffy wasn't doing a lousy job - at least on this occasion. I say this because Dawn's grabby fingers problem was just that "Dawn's problem" - she had issues that somehow manifested with her trying to make a statement by stealing(or so the writer's of the show would have us believe)

Willow I guess was just trying to be supportive as a good friend should - at the same time she remained aware that Buffy does have the tendency to make herself emotionally detached (even from her sister - hence one of Dawn's issues?) SO that's why Willow was seen to shake Buffy forcefully out of being 'avoid-y' and also why Willow was shown to think in a relieved tone that thank goodness Buffy was opening up again as per the promise to share and talk to one another again - as they used to....

Quote:
In typical Willow style, Willow ended up on her using the much magic... somehow related back to parenting Dawn, that was a bit hard to follow :-)

Sorry that was hard to follow Grimmy - but again I say they were not related issues. Once again Willow's babble on her magic use was again as a result of her realisisng that she and her best friend were reconnecting and could share almost anything with each other to help them heal.... I know babbling can be hard to follow - but if one remembers it's our dear Willow who can jump from one topic to the next with the speed of a mega-smart and adorable witch! - heh, then one should be okay, er, I hope....

Hopefully if you read it again you'll notice that they had actually finished talking about Dawn before other topics of discussion arose between the two friends.

Quote:
Did I read Willow's bable correctly in that the scoobies are going to help her writing a computer program ? That should be fun to see, not that it will ever work of course . Had to smile at Anya mentioning the "dance of capital superiority" and she IS right in questioning why Dawn did what she did.

Never fear all shall soon be revealed on Willow's job offer - and it was never said that the likely help from the scoobies would involve them doing any brainy programming stuff (hint hint) ALSO I'm glad you smiled at Anya's dance comment, I enjoyed writing that a lot! - and yep she was right to question Dawn's motives (*sigh* - that particular clean up operation was not an easy one for me to tackle 'cause it was IMO a rather shakily explained 'Dawn' arc on the show - but I tried... I hope my handling of it is acceptable enough....)

Quote:
Perhaps Dawn's biggest punishment will be that the people that do/did care about her will remember this. It's not like she has that many friends outside the scoobies as is anyway, which is something she should work on. Given Buffy's job and her environment I would always recommend Dawn to be placed with foster-care parents, it's not like Buffy is anywhere near capable of providing proper familly conditions for a kid like Dawn.. but I degress :-)

Er Grimmy - you don't like Buffy much do you? ":D" ":lol"

Quote:
Ah well, it IS good to read that at least Willow and Tara don't have troubles between them, heh. Granted, Buffy didn't want to hear more details or such.... Come to think of it most people beside the Summers are doing fairly well.

Yep - barring mild angst here and there for our favorite couple this fic is full of Willow/Tara loving goodness! And um, are you sure it's only the Summers not doing fairly well...?

kindagay: Dear Jeanne - you're just too kind! Every single sentence of your feedback warmed my heart tremendously. Such comments make writing this fic such a joy for me - I hope I continue to do justice to the trueness of the characters and I love how you take time to give detailed feedback and show such insight into the approach I'm taking in writing this - please know that I really appreciate you for doing so.

As I've said before I have this great need to do right by Willow and Tara unlike 'those who shall remain nameless' did NOT do on the show - thus breaking my heart in the process...(but let's not go there - for therein lies depression)... and besides I'm in a happier place now - thanks to reading such wonderful W/T fanfic as is available here AND also by showing my love of those wonderful witches by what I write in my own here fic.

So Jeanne - I really do hope you continue to enjoy and kindly leave me feedback... Thanks again - You rock!!!

xita: Hi xita - thanks bunches for such wonderful feedback! I'm so happy you like the developments I had for almost all the characters in my last update...

(I haven't forgotten about Giles, Spike or even Oz... who knows which other characters - new to the Buffyverse or otherwise - that just may pop up in this fic!! And for anyone who is curious I plan on having surprising twists with regards to this - so no need to jump to any conclusions that e.g. Faith would be appearing anytime soon - 'her appearing' is just as easy as 'her not appearing' and besides I've always had very ambivalent feelings about her... *cheeky grin*)

BUT I DIGRESS - sorry 'bout that xita - and ohhh yessss, the Xander lashing was soooo fun to write, gotta love Tara! Who else but the ever lovely love of Willow's life, can manage with such kindness and grace - to kick the ass of a pompous ass?!

Thanks again xita - you rock!!! Hope you continue to enjoy.

So dear kittens who're reading my fic - update follows shortly. Yay!

Post subject: UPDATE!! (Chapter 9)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:21 pm 
Disclaimers etc. are same as before. – Plus I used some lines from the actual show in this update…..

This part is rated R

Thoughts in italics

Chapter 9

Tara arrived home in a cab loaded with three full shopping bags. She let herself in through the front door and eagerly called out.

“Willow? Honey? – I’m home.”

She was just straightening up from putting her bags down when her girlfriend came darting down the hall from the direction of the kitchen.

“Hi Baby! I’m so glad you’re back, I missed you.” said Willow as she launched herself into her girlfriend’s arms and gave her an enthusiastic and welcoming kiss.

“Mmm – I missed you too sweetie” responded Tara with a sigh as they broke the kiss.

“Come on baby, you must be hungry. I made us some spaghetti for lunch – I just warmed up the delicious Bolognese sauce you made that we had left over in the freezer. You hang up your jacket and let’s go eat, then you can put your feet up after all that walking round the shops.” Willow said lovingly as she grabbed the shopping bags from the floor and headed for the kitchen.

Over lunch Willow gave Tara an edited version of her talk with Buffy as well as a rundown on how things had gone between Anya and Dawn. She also mentioned that when Anya decided to leave, saying they’d do the girly wedding planning stuff another time - Buffy and Dawn had also gone out to give away all the stuff Dawn had swiped from the shops.

The two witches held hands in a reassuring gesture as they ate their meal companionably.

Amid the chitchat and banter they shared, they couldn’t help but be hopeful in their minds that things would start to improve for them all.

About an hour later Tara was lounging on the couch waiting for her girlfriend to join her. She didn’t have to wait long, because Willow soon walked in carrying a mug of tea while beaming a cute grin at her.

“Here baby – I’ve done the dishes so now we can snuggle for as long as we like.”

Smiling sweetly back, Tara took the tea and placed it on a side table then she opened up her arms for Willow who eagerly settled down alongside her, snuggling down happily as she was wrapped from behind in the warmth of Tara’s embrace.

“Are you gonna share my mug of tea, sweetie? You’ve not made a second one and besides sharing is more fun.”

“No thanks love, I think I’ll pass ‘cause my tummy suddenly got a little bit rumbly….” replied a slightly pouting Willow.

“Aw baby what’s the matter – did you have too much spaghetti? You want me to give you a tummy rub?”

“Ooh yes please – your fingers are just magic!” replied the redhead giddily and then she also said “I think I drank too much soda earlier”

“Poor baby - one extra special tummy rub coming up!” cooed Tara while at the same time trailing her hand downward to gain access beneath Willow’s top.

Soon Willow was practically purring contentedly as her girlfriend soothed her tummy tenderly with gently swirling fingers beneath the fabric of the blouse she wore.

Tara paused to take a sip of tea and then resumed tummy rubbing while lovingly using her soft warm lips to place gentle kisses on her purring girlfriend’s temple. Soon she moved her lips to the redhead’s ear and whispered teasingly.

“You know sweetie, if you continue to turn me on with that sexy sound you’re making – I’m gonna have to ravish you right here.”

“Is that a promise, baby? Huh? – please let that be a promise” replied Willow dreamily.

“Willow! – you vixen. You’re supposed to be feeling queasy”

“Not anymore baby – your fingers have worked their magic on me and besides I’m yours to ravish anytime you want!”

“Indeed you’re darling, just as I am yours. But you know – there’s something very satisfying about just holding you like this without doing anything about getting all turned on by you.”

“Baby, I know just what you mean. You turn me on too by touching me like this – but I feel so content and safe just cuddled up to you. I just don’t feel like moving right now.”

Tara didn’t need to respond. Instead she sighed happily, nuzzling and cuddling her baby closer. She knew that they were totally in tune and fully understood each other’s needs and desires. After all they were soul mates, they were made for each other.

Tara was the first to break the silence.

“Will?”

“Yes baby?”

“Last night, what did Buffy mean by operation GROW?”

“Oh. Oh that, er it was nothing baby, er nothing at all – it didn’t mean anything really, just some silly nothing that didn’t mean anything at all….” Willow trailed off while blushing in her slightly flustered state.

Tara was rather taken aback by her girlfriend’s obvious discomfort – so she sat up a bit more and readjusted both their positions such that she could look at her love’s face.

She reached out to Willow who was deliberately looking down to avoid eye contact. She gently cupped and then lifted Willow’s chin until their gazes met and then she spoke tenderly.

“Sweetheart? What’s wrong – you know you can tell me anything right? Why are you so flustered all of a sudden – won’t you please tell me what Buffy meant?”

With a sheepish and bashful look on her face, Willow replied her.

“I sorta don’t wanna tell you, baby – please don’t make me have to tell you….”

“But Will why? We promised we’d share everything…. You told Buffy - why won’t you tell me – you trust me don’t you?” Tara pleadingly asked feeling slightly hurt that her girlfriend would share with Buffy and not her.

“Oh Tara – you know I trust you – it’s just….” Willow paused and wrung her fingers while looking down with an adorably squishy and extremely bashful expression on her face. An expression Tara couldn’t help but think was totally cute and adorable.

Willow then looked back up again.

“Baby, it’s just you know - one of those silly little things you can say to a best friend but not to your girlfriend?”

“But sweetie I wanna know. We share silly stuff with each other all the time and now you’ve really got me curious – please tell me.” Tara whined.

“You’ll think I’m a dork” Willow replied with a pout.

“Oh Will, I could never think that – I think you’re wonderful. I bet it’s something cute and babbly…..”

Tara reached out her hand to gather a lock of Willow’s hair from atop her head and started to twirl it around her finger – while Willow blushed all the more at her girlfriend’s words and the playful teasing manner she knew Tara was deliberately using to try to weaken her resolve.

Tara was just getting started. In her most syrupy, tender and loving voice she continued speaking while still acting flirtatiously as she twirled her lover’s red locks around her finger. She also leaned in to place little soppy kisses on the redhead’s cheeks in between the sentences and phrases she spoke.

“I think you’re very cute when you’re babbly (kiss). I think you’re very cute when I manage (kiss) to turn the tables on you (kiss) and make you go all shy (kiss) like right now (kiss). So my cute, sweet, shy, baby (kiss) – won’t you please tell me what I want to know?” (kiss)

Tara made sure to bat her eyelashes outrageously at her girl while sending her a sultry lopsided smile and a tender pleading look.

Willow for her own part was totally bowled over and smitten as a kitten by the beauty before her. Her enchantment with her girl was clearly etched on her face and she barely managed to squeak out a response in a tone loaded with tenderness and awe.

“No fair Tara – you know I just can’t refuse you anything when you act this way.”

With an affectionate grin, Tara gently released Willow’s lock of hair and gave her a quick kiss on the nose then spoke triumphantly.

“It’s good to know I haven’t lost my touch sweetheart – now about this operation GROW – what does it mean?”

“Er well, see it’s like this – the other morning I was talking to Buffy and I .….”

Just then a rattling of keys at the front door announced the return home of Buffy and Dawn. Willow pounced on the opportunity the interruption afforded her.

“Phew! Saved by the non-use of the door bell !! Can’t talk about this now baby….” piped up the redhead in a tone of slightly gleeful relief.

“Willow my love – you’re not off the hook yet, just wait till I get you on my own again” said a slightly put out Tara.

“Promises, promises” responded Willow with a cheeky grin at her playfully scowling blonde and then she looked up as the Summers sisters walked in.

“Hey guys – how’d it go?”

Buffy was the one to answer.

“Hi Will, hi Tara – do I even need to ask what you two lovebirds have been up to?” she said in a teasing tone as she and Dawn flopped down into seats. Then she caught a look from Tara and added “Sorry Tara, you two just look so cute and perfect for teasing.… Oops! okay I’ll stop now - I promised you no more teasing didn’t I? – sorry. Let Dawn and I fill you in instead…..”

The next day lived up to its name – for it was an absolutely beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon in Sunnydale.

Willow and Tara were walking eagerly towards their favorite picnic spot in their favorite park. Their hands were linked and swung between them as they walked.

They were both wearing dresses that had full skirts that reached mid-shin. Both girls looked gorgeous and radiant. But something extra had to be said for Tara’s outfit!

While Willow looked elegant in a pale pink and black patterned dress with long sleeves – Tara looked extra elegant and decidedly eye-catching in a pale greenish dress that also had long full sleeves.

But what made her outfit so eye-catching was the corseted patterned brocade bodice – it accentuated her waist and pushed up her bosom in a way that made Willow almost swoon every time the redhead dared to throw covert smitten glances of desire at her unassuming and unsuspecting blonde witch.

Willow was carrying the picnic basket in her free hand while Tara had a checked black and red blanket tucked under her free arm. An air of content and happiness clearly enveloped both girls who kept on stealing loving glances at each other in between giving warm smiles and making small talk as they walked past other folks also out to enjoy a day in the park.

As they neared their desired spot, Willow was enthusing about what a good time they were going to have.

“This is just perfect baby – the sun is shining, a cool breeze is blowing and ….. those guys are checking you out….” Willow trailed of in a tone of pride and amusement.

“Wha? What? W-what are they looking at?” Tara said in a dazed and surprised voice, stumbling slightly as she glanced from the guys in question back to her girlfriend with a look of consternation.

She was very flustered - one minute she was basking in a dreamy haze of joy at thoughts of a perfect day, as she let her love’s voice wash over her – next minute Willow was jarring her into confusion with that comment about a random couple of guys.

“The hotness of you, silly!” Willow said having halted their walk to look directly at Tara.

“Really? Those guys thought I was hot? the blonde said rather bashfully but still slightly doubtful.

“Entirely” responded Willow gazing at her love with a mixture of admiration, amusement and consternation at the fact that Tara found it incredulous that she was thought of in that way.

Trying for some levity Tara playfully said

“Oh my God, I’m cured! – I want the boys!” then laughing out loud she made as though she was going to run after the two guys who were still glancing back at her from a distance.

But Willow pulled her back chuckling a little too just before she spoke.

“Do I have to fight to keep you? ‘Cause I’m not so large with the butch”

Tara settled down and then getting shy once more she looked at Willow and spoke in a bashful manner while partially hiding behind her long veil of brownish blonde hair.

“I’m just not used to that…”

“And you wonder what they see in you….” Willow responded as she gazed at Tara openly and adoringly.

Tara gazed back with equal amounts of adoration and openness.

Then all of a sudden a moment of pure magic passed between the two witches.

A moment in which Willow’s more or less rhetoric question was answered. A silent and sanctified message of love, fulfilment and understanding seemed to magically shimmer between them.

It became understood that in each there was a reflection of the other. All the insecurities and problems they had faced before they met – were as nothing.

Each witch was beautiful in her own right. But when their souls had found each other – their individual beauties mingled.

Now their bond was stronger than ever. They could almost physically feel it as they gazed deeply into each other’s eyes.

They felt the beauty of their bond. They believed in their individual beauty – a beauty that radiated from each of them to the eyes of the world.

They saw the beauty of each other.

By the force of their loving bond – unshed tears of love and devotion formed in emerald green and sapphire blue eyes.

As their souls communicated, the bond between the two totally love-struck witches also drew their bodies together.

Willow was the first to speak with extreme and ecstatic emotion laced in her softly spoken words.

“I love you with all my heart and soul – my beautiful Tara.”

“I love you with all my heart and soul – my beautiful Willow.” responded the blonde witch with just as much emotion as her soul mate.

And then their lips met in an explosive, spellbinding, soul shattering, soul reforming yet extremely reverent kiss.

Moments later, Willow and Tara came back down to earth from the high of the deliriously ecstatic kiss they had just shared – only to find themselves seated on their blanket in their favorite spot. They were seated safely under the shade cast by the leaves and branches of their favorite solid oak tree, with their picnic basket by their side.

As they parted lips and blinked to focus properly – both witches grew wide-eyed in surprise and wonder as the change in their surroundings and positions registered on their minds.

“Wow!” they said in unison even as they panted slightly from the breathtaking kiss.

“And again I say wow! Baby that was the most amazing kiss I’ve ever experienced in my life! – and how did we get here?!” said Willow looking alternately around and then back at her soul mate in awe and incredulity.

The blonde’s expression mirrored that of her girlfriend as she responded.

“Oh yeah – kiss GOOD and um, I think it turned my brain to mush ‘cause I’m drawing a blank on exactly how to explain how we must have got here. But seeing as it’s us sweetie, my one thought is um, some special manifestation of ….”

Tara trailed of and then tacked on one word she knew her soul mate was going to say with her….

“Magic.” they both said in unison once again.

Then instinctively they moved at the same time and fell into each other’s arms joyfully. They squeezed each other tight and stroked their fingers through each other’s hair or stroked palms soothingly up and down each other’s backs.

They just knew they were both thinking and feeling the same way – they were feeling blessed and thankful for being given one another to love and hold forever.

Willow pulled back first and looked at her girl with a radiant smile before speaking.

“Hey baby – before we get all floaty or something again, how about we get this picnic started and tuck into some food-y goodness?”

Smiling sweetly back Tara responded.

“Sounds like a plan! What should we start with? Or do I really need to ask…. Some chocolate fudge cake for you sweetie?” the blonde asked as she pulled the basket closer and started first to lift out the plates, cutlery and napkins that were at the top of the pile of goodies.

“Ooh yes please baby!” Willow practically squealed as she excitedly scooted into a more comfortable position against the trunk of the tree.

As Tara worked on getting their plates filled with sweet goodies, she was surreptitiously glancing at her excited girlfriend and her heart was tripping all over itself with such love and tenderness as she thought.

Oh God! She is such a cutie! Just look at her – all fiery haired and SOOO beautiful and oh my! such gorgeous emerald eyes – soulful eyes that right now are so excitedly lit up in that adorably cute childlike manner of hers. She is just my totally adorable honey (sigh) – how did I ever get so lucky?

As Tara forced herself to stop covertly ogling her girlfriend and concentrate instead on the picnic meal she was preparing – Willow finally settled down against the tree and started some ogling of her own as she zoned off into Tara-filled thoughts.

Willow Rosenberg – you lucky, lucky witch you - how did you ever get this lucky? To be loved by such a wonderful soul. Just look at her - she is SOOO beautiful and sexy and she takes such good care of you - like right now she’s making sure she puts fruits which are healthy on your plate – before she gets round to the chocolate cake which no doubt you’ll be overdosing on like the sweet tooth chocolate addict spazz you are…. Willow - girl DO NOT mess this up, make a different colored checklist of do’s and don’ts if you have to – but DO NOT mess up like you almost did! Show this beautiful woman how much you love her every single day and every opportunity you’ve got….

Suddenly Willow’s dynamic babbling thoughts dissolved into one singular thought as her eyes lingered on her girlfriend who had just leaned down much further to reach for something right at the bottom of the basket….

Oh my! I wonder if I can get away with asking Tara to recline on my lap while I feed her grapes or something, er, without my coming across as a perv that just wants to ogle her deliciously ample cleavage….. Oh my! Attack of the hormones..… gotta breathe, gotta breathe…. – God! Behave yourself Rosenberg! Think romantic picnic not lustful trysts between silk sheets…. Okay stop right there you naughty witch…..!!

TBC.

(Next update within 4 days.)

In the next update:

The romantic picnic continues and ends bizarrely just before the story takes the next turn……

Post subject: Re: UPDATE!! (Chapter 9)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:21 pm 
Woo & hoo! ":bounce" Yay! An update, & it was well worth the wait (naturally) ":)"

I kept saying 'awww' throughout this entire update. It was so sweet & adorable! Much, much Willow & Tara goodness, that can never ever be a bad thing.

& how much did I love flirty Tara!? ":drool" Please can we have more flirty Tara? ":pray" She's luscious & lovely!

I can't wait to see what other methods of persuasion Tara has to get Willow talking ":wink"

I liked the way you used the lines from OMWF & then that purely magic moment & kiss, they were beautifully & wonderfully written ":clap"

I liked their thoughts at the end too. So sweet that they share practically the same thoughts & both appreciate how lucky and blessed they are to have found each other & love each other.

Willow's internally babbled determination to not mess up was brilliant & so very true to character. I especially loved the different coloured checklist of do's & don'ts, so cute & funny ":rofl"

This fic is truly brilliant & I can't wait for more. & as long as you take the time to write updates, I'll happily take time to read & leave you feedback ":)"

Hugs

Jeanne

----------

Post subject: GROWW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:44 pm 
I so love this fic! I know that I'm catching on a bit late in the game, but I have to say that this whole story is wonderful!":clap" It's great to see a happy season 6, without Joss's influence. The way you're sorting everything out is wonderful and I love Tara threatening to kick Xander's ass.":lol" Great stuff!

*Try to forget you/But without you/I feel nothing/Don't leave me here/By myself I can't breathe/-Evanescence-Farther Away

Post subject: Re: GROWW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:36 pm 
Oh i loved this update! I loved the reclaiming of that wonderful scene. This day won't be tainted with nastiness! YAY! YAY! And the picnic scene reminded me of their first comic. Thnak you!

- - - - - - - - - - -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:32 pm 
Hi to everyone reading my fic!

I'm very sorry this isn't an update - THE NEXT UPDATE IS 3/4 way complete.

ALL THE SUPERB FICS AT PENS ARE KEEPING ME TOTALLY HOOKED!!! I try to focus on writing my own fic and instead I get tempted away 'cos I'm dying to catch up on and read so many other fics which are just OMG! so good!!!

Anyway, to those that read my fic/read other fics/leave me feedback/leave feedback in general - I say a big and sincere thank you to all of you for making this board the most amazing, rocking, coolest community on the net!! Your kindness and encouragement is just awesome - I swoon everytime I see the viewing stats on my fic and on all the OMG! good fics here at this special home of Willow and Tara - witches extraordinaire.

I know I'm rather hopeless at leaving feedback(little time, so many fics to read!!) but please know I'm a most devoted lurking reader of your lovely fics!! That goes particularly to those fic writers who graciously give or have given me feedback even when I haven't returned the favour - THANKS I really love you all and greatly appreciate it.

I'm on Christmas break from work now so I hope to put up my next update by the weekend and I'll update at least once every week henceforth.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Now to individual replies.......

kindagay: Jeanne! Once again you blew me away with your feedback! You are so generous with your praise and you really encourage me by your very kind words. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Everything you said once again totally warmed my heart! I love that you love flirty Tara - you were so apt when you described her as luscious & lovely!! AND just for you there shall be more flirty Tara! And all manners of other interesting Tara traits shall be introduced and revisited in this fic - why? well 'cause like you I looove flirty Tara and Tara in general(well duh! of course I do....heehee)

AND let's not forget sweet adorable Willow! I was tickled that you liked her different colored checklist of do's and don't's - as you can imagine I loved writing that - and their thoughts in general are always such a joy for me to conjure up....!

ALSO I'm so happy that their magical moment went down well with you and I hope it did for other readers too! OMWF is one of the best gifts I must say that Aly and mostly Amber(due to her superb singing voice) - have given to me, seeing as their talented performance and on-screen chemistry made it all the more touching to watch.... I'm no doubt one among many who loved the episode OMWF - hence, I enjoyed using some of the lines therein in my fic - and dear Jeanne your praise made writing that bit all the more fulfilling!

Finally - the things you said that warmed my heart most were:

Quote:
Woo & hoo! Yay! An update, & it was well worth the wait (naturally)

and

Quote:
This fic is truly brilliant & I can't wait for more. & as long as you take the time to write updates, I'll happily take time to read & leave you feedback

Thanks a million for saying such nice things - you rock!!

smartmouth: Hi there - Oh wow!! Thank you so much for your wonderful and very touching feedback!!! Very touching 'cause YAY! YAY! you're someone new to leave me feedback - thanks for being so kind in doing so.... you've really made my day!!! I hope you continue to read and enjoy and I also hope that my fic stays worthy of such kind praise - Thanks again.

xita: Dear xita, Hi and wow! - thanks a lot for your kind words and for leaving me regular feedback - it really makes my day!! I hope you continue to do so and to enjoy reading my fic. Yeah I wanted the picnic to be as romantic as the one in the comic with the added luxury of having the freedom to write as much lengthy & loving dialogue between our girls as I liked!! Yay! for this board and pens for allowing me and others to do so and of course thanks to you and the other mods for the great job you do here!!

Next update at the weekend.

Post subject: UPDATE!! (Chapter 10)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:40 pm 

This part is rated R

Chapter 10

“Thanks baby - that was the best picnic meal ever! It was all the more delicious ‘cause I shared it with you.”

Willow beamed happily at her sweet and sexy girlfriend.

The redhead had tried really hard to behave herself and stop thinking naughty thoughts while she and Tara had been enjoying their meal amid cosy chitchat. Though it must be said that she couldn’t help giving quite a few more covert glances at the blonde’s ample chest – Willow always found her girl so beautiful and sexy, but the corseted green dress Tara was wearing now had Willow extra wowed and in a swoon!

Tara smiled back at her girl with twinkling blue eyes.

“Aw thanks sweetie – it was an extra special meal for me too. Everything is so special when I’m with you..…” Tara moved closer to her girlfriend and they held hands while facing each other and smiling dreamily into one another’s eyes.

Soon Tara broke eye contact to glance into their picnic basket, then looked up and said

“Wow! We didn’t do too badly tucking in! There’s only a little chocolate cake, a bunch of grapes and half a bottle of soda in here - oh! and let’s not forget our mobile phones – um, not that we were gonna eat those….” she trailed off giggling.

Willow giggled merrily along with her and then spoke.

“Well, you do put together a mighty fine selection of picnic food baby – so no surprises with the almost empty basket!”

“Sweetie – would you like some more cake? Tara lovingly asked even as she gave an answering and grateful smile in response to the compliment her love had just paid her.

“No thanks Tara, even my chocolate addicted sweet tooth needs to take a break sometime – um, but there is something I would like to do….” Willow said glancing down bashfully as her words trailed of in her state of shyness.

Tara moved closer to her girl. She pushed the basket towards the trunk of the tree and then gathered her lover warmly into her arms and leaned in to whisper flirtatiously into the redhead’s ear.

“Let me guess – you want me to lie on your lap while you feed me grapes, but my sweet, shy, precious, honey you’ve been too shy to ask – yes?”

“That’s what you want, isn’t it cutie?”

Tara ended with a nip at her lover’s earlobe and a seductive tone to her voice.

Willow blushed a very bright red – blushed all over and to the very roots of her hair. She was blushing with a mixture of embarrassment as well as desire at her lover’s touch. Plus the redhead was flustered and soon became wide-eyed and gripped in a trademark babble fest.

“Oh God! Tara how did you know? I mean, I-I didn’t…. oh God! C-can you read my mind or hear my thoughts now….? I didn’t mean to be all perv-y and constantly but covertly ogle your um, cleavage – but you’re so beautiful and in that dress – um, just wow! and you make me swoon and drool a-and I’m sorry I was ogling you – I tried to stop and be all romantic and stuff instead, honest I did – but then I’d look at you and wow! the perv-y ogling starts up again – I couldn’t help it, you’re just so hot and sexy! and beau…. Mmmph”

Willow was abruptly interrupted by Tara’s warm, luscious lips claiming hers in a fiery and sensual kiss. She was tilted backwards and was practically draped across the blonde’s lap, feeling as though her bones had melted as she was thoroughly kissed. All babbly thoughts flew out of her mind and left her with only the delicious sensation of being kissed senseless by her hot babe of a girlfriend.

When Tara broke the kiss to come up for some air, she was panting – and if Willow had been in any state to notice – she would have seen that her lover’s sapphire blue eyes were rather glazed over and almost unnaturally bright with a feverish and passionate desire.

But Willow was drowning in a sea of desire also – and it was seconds later that her usually hyperactive brain started to function a bit as she focused on the beautiful sight of her girl leaning over her with a mirroring look of such love and passion.

In a soft tone of immense joy and lingering desire Willow uttered her first coherent words in a long while.

“Oh babe, I love it when you call me cutie”

“Cutie” whispered Tara sensuously with her trademark lopsided smile. Her smile was quickly replaced by a full-blown laugh of joy when she saw her girlfriend start to blush all over again.

“Oh Will, I thought I was the shy one! You’re so cute when you’re shy. But I’ll stop teasing now…. And sweetheart? Don’t ever apologise for staring at or ogling me as you put it… I could NEVER think you’re perv-y! I’m yours sweetie – I’m all yours. You can ogle me anytime you want. It thrills me that you find me beautiful…. And you know - I’ve been doing a lot of covert staring at you all day too! Who can blame me? You’re so gorgeous and sexy! And all mine – yes?”

“Yes baby – I’m all yours too and loving it!” Willow said in an enraptured voice with a dreamy and slightly awestruck smile on her face.

The witches instinctively leaned in for another soulful but more leisurely kiss – a kiss conveying their deep and unshakeable love for one another.

Moments later they pulled apart and Willow spoke first.

“Um Tara? Can you hear my thoughts now? ‘Cause that would be something…. I mean when I do it, I have to sorta make a conscious decision to do so and I…..”

Tara gently interrupted and said “No sweetie, at least I don’t think so…. The answer is much more simple - I just kinda got the impression that you and I were thinking the same thing as we packed fruit into our picnic basket this morning….. why do you think I saved a bunch of grapes in here….?” Tara trailed of as she blushed slightly.

“Oh Tara love – you know me so well! Um, so you’ve been wanting to feed me fruit all the while too?” responded Willow.

“Yes I have honey – so you first and then we can swap places” Tara replied with a smile as she scooted to rest her back against the tree trunk and then she patted her slightly upraised legs at the thighs indicating that she wanted Willow to lie on her lap.

Willow was only too happy to comply, so with an answering grin she eagerly moved to settle herself face up in her girl’s lap, sighing happily as she got comfortable.

Tara lovingly stroked the fingers of her left hand through her girlfriend’s red tresses remembering to massage the scalp soothingly also. As she did this she used her right hand to feed Willow large, tasty, juicy grapes at appropriate intervals.

Tara spared a moment to think wryly to herself how smitten and in love she was with her girlfriend, seeing as she found even the redhead’s manner of eating rather endearing and even ‘God help her’ sexy!

They were enraptured with each other. They cherished that particular moment as one of those special moments were their hunger, desire and passion for each other was simmering just beneath the surface – but yet they were content enough not to have to act on it.

They just shared lazy, flirtatious smiles as well as giggles now and then. They also shared sexy, meaningful looks, anytime Willow’s tongue would sensuously make contact with her Tara’s fingers as she was being fed.

Soon Willow had to utter words straight from her heart and soul in the sincerest of tones as her eyes locked and delved into those of her beloved.

“I love you Tara Maclay – you’re my everything and my always. I love you with all that I am and I will love you forever.

Tara teared up and became choked with so much emotion – but she knew Willow could see through her eyes, the windows to her soul, how much those feelings were returned in the exact same measure.

After gazing at Willow with her heart in her eyes for several seconds – Tara opted for some levity and asked “Will you still love me when I’m old and grey?”

Willow sat up and started gently to stroke her fingers through Tara’s hair slowly and lovingly – she too felt the need for some levity so she responded in like manner.

“Are you kidding me, babe? I bet you’ll still be one hot Mama yamma! Grey hair or not – of course my eyesight would probably have gone a little kaflooey by then, seeing as I’ll be old and grey too - but I just know I’ll still swoon when I see you with the sun glinting off your beautiful silky hair as it’s doing now or when you look at me with your gorgeous sky blue eyes. I’ll love you forever my Tara” Willow ended on a more serious note.

“Just as I shall love you forever, my darling” Tara responded with a tremulous but ecstatic note in her voice.

Smiling radiantly Willow broke their gaze and shifting slightly to readjust her position she indicated for Tara to lie in her lap as she said

“Your turn now, baby”

Soon Tara was the one on the receiving end of being fed tasty, plush, purple grapes and having her scalp soothingly massaged. She also returned the favour of tantalising her lover’s fingertips with sensuous little licks and touches.

Willow was trying really hard not to drool all over her blonde beauty - she loved everything about her Tara. She found herself being distracted not only by her lover’s luscious curves and bosom, but also by the simple grace with which the blonde ate. Her girl did everything so gracefully.

Both witches were thoroughly enjoying this special alone time and they were basking shamelessly in the outpouring of love they bestowed upon each other. They shared a special love and bond – the type of love that was only ever shared by true soul mates.

“Willow?” Tara called softly to her love after a while.

“Yes love?” the redhead cooed sweetly back as she gazed down at her baby.

“Um, not that I’m complaining – but why have you suddenly started to call me babe? – I mean you’ve always called me baby, but the night we er, quarrelled you called me babe for the first time – and you’ve been doing so a lot since then….”

“Well just look at you, Tara – you are one hot and sexy babe! So who can blame me!” Willow replied practically drooling – then when she noticed she was making her girl blush shyly she added.

“What? It’s true - you ARE such a babe! So don’t go all shy on me now – though it’s poetic justice, what with how you’ve been making me go all blush-y lately! But seriously – to answer your question baby….. well, I honestly don’t know why – in fact I probably wouldn’t have noticed if you didn’t mention it. I guess maybe I just used it at the height of emotion or something and then it just kinda stuck afterwards.”

“I-I was very scared and worried at how I nearly totally messed up that night – and I needed to tell you how much you meant to me and I remember my mind was full of lotsa lovey-dovey words so I guess….” Suddenly but gently Tara interrupted her with a gentle finger placed over her babbling lips.

“Breathe sweetie, breathe. It’s okay, I get it – I was just curious is all. And I love how you call me babe….”

As Tara removed her finger they both shared goofy smiles then Willow piped up again.

“Tara?”

“Yes sweetie?” replied the blonde.

“What would you like for your birthday on Wednesday?”

Willow was already giddily making loving plans in her mind of just how she was going to make the day special for her beloved girlfriend.

“Oh sweetie – nothing really, I don’t wanna make a big deal of it….”

“But Tara! It’s your twenty-first birthday. It’s gotta be special – I wanna make it special for you”

“Oh Willow, it‘ll be special because I’ll be with you. You’re all I want and need for any day to be special”

Willow leaned down to kiss her girl tenderly on her brow before she spoke.

“Dear love, you say the sweetest things to me. But please baby – I want to do something special to really mark the day. So won’t you tell me something I could get you or do for you especially?”

“I mean you only get to be twenty-one once – er, except if you’re Buffy with the whole confusing dying twice thing and not really knowing exactly if she’s therefore technically gonna be twenty-one on the day her appointed twenty-first was meant to be or….”

Willow trailed off on seeing the bemused expression her girlfriend was throwing her way and then she coughed slightly and grinned a little sheepishly then said

“Sorry baby – I got rather side tracked. But back to your birthday, it’s so typically sweet of you to say you don’t want anything special, but it makes me so happy to get to do things for you…. Tell me anything you want and if it’s in my power I’ll get it for you. I so wanna do something special - please baby?”

Tara sighed then responded.

“Will – you spoil me – you know that? See honey – the thing is my birthday is exactly a week after Halloween and we already did festive stuff for that and had Anya and Xander’s engagement party, so I really don’t feel up to any more fuss.”

Tara sighed again when she saw her girl start to pout pitifully, then she said

“Aw sweetie – please don’t be upset, it’s no big really. I just….”

“But Tara, it is a big deal! It’s your twenty-first birthday, everyone knows twenty-first birthdays should be celebrated in style! Come on baby – please?” whined Willow with another pout and a pleading look.

“Okay, tell you what Will – why don’t you surprise me? Huh sweetie? But please keep in mind that I’d rather not have any fuss and I trust that I’ll have a lovely day whatever you plan, so long as you’re with me – how does that sound?” asked Tara.

Thinking of the possibilities, Willow slowly started to smile, but then a slight frown wrinkled her forehead just before she spoke.

“I guess that’s fine – but I really wish you’d be more specific love. Are you sure there isn’t something special you’d like me to get for you?”

“Well honey, maybe there is one thing…..”

“Yes Tara? Anything for you love, anything.”

“Okay – you know about our magic? How you said we need to make special time to cast together and stuff?” off of Willow’s eager nod Tara continued.

“Well honey, I really miss that a lot – you know, how it used to be when we first met? How we communicated as we shared our magic and cast together? Um, well that’s what I would like for my birthday – for us to start to do that again regularly and as soon as possible…. You know, just for us? And not because we’re trying to help avert an apocalypse or, or something.

The slight tremor of emotion in Tara’s voice as she said ‘or something’ did not go unnoticed and also spoke volumes to Willow. Gently and almost reverently the redhead gathered her girl into a closer and extra warm and loving embrace and then she quietly spoke with all her love lacing her words.

“Baby – consider it done. I wish you’d told me something that would involve my spoiling you with a treat as you so deserve – and I’m not saying I’m not gonna spoil you anyway….. but it also means a lot to me that our sharing our magic means so much to you as it does to me.” Willow said and then kissed her girl sweetly on her brow once again as they shared a soulful look of immense love and communion.

Sighing happily, Tara raised her hand to stroke Willow’s cheek affectionately - enjoying the feel of her lover’s smooth silky skin against her palm and fingertips.

Willow sighed back and nuzzled her cheek all the more into her girlfriend’s loving touch then she spoke.

“Baby, um, please can we lie down and snuggle until it’s time to go home?”

“Of course we can sweetheart – I was just gonna suggest the same thing. And Will?”

“Yeah baby?” responded Willow

“Thanks for a perfect day out and a perfect picnic.” Tara said.

“Aw thanks too baby, everything I do with you is so special – but I think this picnic has been extra special and magical, ya know?” the redhead said as she and her girl stretched out and cuddled into each other’s warm embrace.

“Mmm, oh yes, plenty of magic – and not just of the float-y variety” Tara replied with a suggestive grin and a sweet kiss on her girlfriend’s nose. Then she continued speaking as she cuddled Willow closer.

“Honey, did I ever tell you how much I love your name?”

“You do baby? Why?” asked Willow

“Well because it suits you so well – you’re very special darling, just like willow trees are special.”

“Aw Tara, you say the nicest things to me - but how do you mean willow trees are special?”

“Well take the weeping willow tree for instance – I find it fascinating that it got its name because when rain drips down from it’s leaves, it looks like it’s crying. But what makes it so special is how fast growing it is – for a tree its pretty smart, just like you honey. It can grow by taking in nutrients through its branches if they are stuck in the ground rather than the usual way via the roots beneath the trunk.”

“Also the willow tree is known for its very beautiful green leaves that sometimes get a lovely silvery colour on the underside. And you honey – have the most gorgeous green eyes I’ve ever seen….” Tara trailed of to look down slightly to smile at Willow who was gazing back with an almost childlike and enraptured expression on her face. Then she continued speaking.

“And honey – there’s another type of willow tree called the red baron willow ‘cause its trunk and branches have an amazing reddish hue – and you my Willow have the most amazing red hair in the whole world. So see, Willow and special go together – and you are so very special to me my sweet love.”

At that point Tara turned on her side to bestow a tender kiss on Willow who was smiling tremulously with joy, looking uncharacteristically at a loss for words.

When they parted lips, Willow sighed happily with love shining brightly in her eyes to equal that which Tara had expressed with her words. But soon a frown marred her forehead making Tara speak in a worried but gentle tone.

“What’s wrong sweetheart?” she asked gazing closely at the redhead.

“It’s just…. a thought just flashed in my mind of how there is also a willow tree called black willow…. and I…. I mean it kinda made me remember the dark magic I’ve used recently and I just hate that I….. that maybe it means I can become all dark and bad – I don’t wanna be bad, I’m so scared that I’m gonna mess up somehow…..”

Tara had deliberately waited to hear what was on her lover’s mind and now she reached out to calm her fears. She placed a gentle finger on Willow’s lips and spoke decisively.

“Hush darling. Listen to me – you are so very good. Sure you’ve made mistakes – but everyone makes mistakes sometimes. The mere fact that you’re so worried about it shows how good you’re. When you used dark magic you did it out of your immense love – honey, you saved me from Glory! You found me and brought me back home! Just as you brought Buffy home too.”

“Willow, what we do - our life style is so tough, but we get through it as best we can. Baby, just let’s continue to be honest and open with each other and we can get through anything. Together, always together – okay?” the blonde ended gazing directly and reassuringly into the redhead’s emerald eyes.

“Yes Tara – always together. Thanks baby, I feel much better now” Willow said with a sigh and a grateful smile.

“That’s my girl. Come here“ Tara said pulling Willow close to share a tight comforting squeeze, then she quietly added.

“You’re special my Willow tree – always special.”

Tara got an extra squeeze and a soft mushy kiss on the neck from Willow as soon as she said that - then she continued talking soon after.

“Sweetie - you know, the black willow tree thing? Think nothing of it, even oak trees - like this our favorite one right here – come in the black oak and red oak varieties, it’s just a classification thing – and none of them can ever be as special as you, my Willow – I mean come on they’re just trees!”

Tara giggled on her last statement and was rewarded when Willow giggled merrily along with her. All was right with her world again – she needed her Willow happy as much as humanly possible.

A ‘cuddly’ moment later – Tara pulled slightly back from Willow and said

“Hey baby, speaking of trees and growing – you still owe me an explanation of what operation GROW means, and this time no stalling! Last night you distracted me with delicious Willow kisses when we were in bed – but now it’s time to spill and no arguments!” the blonde authoritatively spoke with a raised eyebrow.

With a tiny mischievous grin and delight at the emergence of her girlfriend’s take-charge side. Willow sat up and pulled Tara up into a sitting position also, then replied.

“Ooh yes ma’am! Well for one thing it’s GROWW with two letter Ws and not one. But before I tell you the rest I want some Tara smoochies!” Willow made a pouty face at her girl who rolled her eyes playfully but made to oblige by pulling the redhead in for a slow dreamy kiss.

Moans of enjoyment could be heard as the two witches savoured the sweet sensations of their loving lip lock. Then they soon parted lips and hugged each other where they sat.

Willow slowly opened her eyes with the full intention of telling Tara about operation GROWW. But her eyes caught sight of a scene in the distance that shocked her quite a bit and her mouth fell open as she uttered.

“Anya?!”

“Hey! Not quite the response I was looking for after kissing you Willow! What do you mean by calling out Anya…?” said a very surprised and rather disgruntled Tara as she pulled back to stare at her girlfriend with a look of chastisement.

“No look baby, seriously! – it’s Anya and she looks kinda upset. Oh and she’s not alone - behind her is…… Dawn?”

Sure enough as Tara turned to look behind her she saw Anya in the distance but closing in very fast. She looked rather distraught as she half ran towards the two witches with Dawn trying to catch up several metres behind.

“Hey Anya! Wait up – please. Please calm down – I wish you’d told Buffy and I what was wrong, maybe we could have helped without barging in on Willow and Tara’s alone time. Anya, come on – wait up…..” Dawn called frantically after the blonde ex-demon.

“No Dawn – I’ve got to talk to Willow, she’s the only one who can help me….” Anya shouted determinedly over her shoulder as she quickened her pace in her highly distraught state.

By now Willow and Tara had stood up wide-eyed and in a slight panic for fear that something had happened to a member of their family.

“Oh God! Anya, Dawnie what’s wrong – is someone hurt?” called out Willow as the two new arrivals neared the picnic spot.

“Willow – you’ve got to help me, please….” said Anya who now had tears streaking down her face.

No one was more surprised than Willow when the ex-demon launched herself sobbing into Willow’s arms, she just couldn’t fathom why Anya always seemed to be ending up in her arms lately! But this time her feelings were more feelings of extreme worry rather than feelings of perplexity.

Willow gazed desperately at her girlfriend for some help as Anya sobbed uncontrollably in her arms. Tara moved closer and gently reached for Anya’s shaking shoulder then rubbing it gently and feeling extremely worried she spoke.

“Anya – what’s wrong? I hope no one is hurt …. please tell us what’s happened….” she was interrupted by Dawn who came panting up to meet them.

“Tara, Willow – I’m sorry. I really didn’t want us to barge in on your picnic, but Anya made me tell her where your favorite picnic spot is….”

“Dawnie, never mind about that – is someone hurt? Please just tell us what’s wrong!“ Willow said getting more worried by the second.

“I don’t know, Anya wouldn’t tell Buffy and I what was…..” Dawn started to say only to be interrupted by Anya who finally pulled a little away from Willow’s now soggy shoulder.

“It’s Xander!” wailed the ex-demon and started to cry all over again.

“Oh God! – what Anya, what? – is he hurt?” said Willow with a frightened voice.

“No, but…. he, he’s called off our wedding!” Anya wailed again and broke down in pitiful tears.

“WHAT?!” squeaked the other three girls loudly and in unison.

After their outburst – Willow just stood there helplessly acting as a prop for the still sobbing Anya, Dawn just looked on rather shocked and dazed at Anya’s revelation and Tara – Well Tara bit her lower lip and couldn’t help but feel worried that her talk with Xander yesterday might have indirectly been the cause of Anya’s evident hurt and pain. So she stepped closer to her friend and rubbing her back gently she said

“Oh sweetie, I’m so sorry. I’m really sorry – um, did you guys have a fight or something?”

Anya pulled completely away from Willow and tried to compose herself. She pulled out a tissue from the pocket of her lightweight jacket and used it to dry her tears as best she could then she looked at Tara and spoke.

“That’s just it – we didn’t have a fight. He’d been acting quiet and moody all day and then he said he needed to talk to me about something. So I sat down to listen and he first wasted time with a long confusing story about his childhood and weird parents and so on…. then he, he said he loves me as much as ever but that he thinks we should call off the wedding for now and, and….”

Anya started to cry again as her three friends looked on sadly. Then she tried hard to compose herself again and this time looked at Willow, then sniffling pitifully she said

“Please Willow – you’ve got to help me, please. I just don’t know what to do. Can you go and talk to him for me? You’ve been his best friend since you were babies – he’ll talk to you – he’ll tell you what I did wrong. Make him tell you Willow – so then I’ll know how to fix it and make him want to marry me again…” she trailed off and bent her head to hide her red rimmed eyes that were filling with tears again.

The poor ex-demon couldn’t help but feel sorry for herself as she despondently thought to herself that being human sucked big time!

Willow snapped out of her slightly confused but sympathetic daze – she really felt SO bad for Anya. It was tough for Willow because this made it two days in a row that she had to see Anya hurt or in pain – and it wasn’t a nice feeling at all. She and Anya hadn’t seen eye to eye for a long time, but she had since come to learn that beneath Anya’s brash exterior she was just as sensitive as the next person. She really needed to go find out what was up with her life long best friend – Xander sure had been acting weird and very insensitive and hurtful of late….

“Come on Anya – let’s get going, I’ll go talk to Xander now. You can go to our place in the meantime with Dawnie and Tara.…” At this Willow looked to her girlfriend who nodded and gave a small smile of encouragement back.

“Oh thank you Willow! I knew you would help me – you’ve really been so nice to me lately and I….” Willow interrupted gently.

“It’s okay Anya – we’re family and families need to stick together. I’ll do what I can and I’m sure things will work out. I mean at least you know that Xander loves you, he said so right?” off Anya’s nod and tiny smile Willow continued and said

“Things will work out, you’ll see – try not to worry too much, okay?”

“Thanks Willow” said Anya feeling a little better already.

“Let’s just gather our things then we’ll be ready” said the redhead.

As she turned around to go get the picnic basket she felt Tara embrace her around her waist. Then the blonde leaned in to place a kiss on her cheek and also whispered in her ear.

“See how good you are to others cutie? You’re so loving and good - never forget that! It’s one of the many reasons I love you….. cutie” Tara said with a little seductive dip to her voice at the end, then she grinned a little as she got the expected answering blush from her just made bashful lover.

Willow grinned back bashfully but lovingly even as she was swooning at having her girl call her by that term of endearment that was guaranteed to make her swoon every time.

Then she mouthed ‘I love you’ to Tara making Tara’s eyes light up and her grin to broaden a bit just before they both bent down to pack up their picnic basket then shake out and fold the blanket together.

When they were through they walked over to join Dawn and Anya. Both witches smiled a little when they saw Dawn awkwardly patting Anya on the shoulder in an attempt to comfort.

Dawn was more than willing to do her fair share to help Anya anyway she could – it was all part of the promise she’d made to herself - to make things up to Anya for stealing from the Magic Box - but more important to start acting responsibly instead of like a spoiled bratty kid.

“Dawn – how did you and Anya get here? You didn’t walk all the way did you?” Tara asked.

“No Tara – Buffy drove us over in the SUV – she’s waiting for us in the parking lot” Dawn replied with a grin because she knew what was coming next.

“Buffy drove?” groaned both witches in unison.

“Baby, seeing as we both wisely got our driving licenses recently - maybe we can persuade Buffy to let one of us drive? I know neither of us really enjoys driving – but I’m really not up to Buffy’s erratic driving after that lovely picnic we just had….” said Willow unconsciously patty her tummy as though to calm herself from the thought of losing her lunch!

Giggling a bit Dawn piped up as all four of them walked towards the parking lot.

“Don’t worry guys, you’re gonna be pleasantly surprised – Buffy actually drove good this time – didn’t she Anya?” asked Dawn glancing expectantly at the ex-demon.

“Yeah – yeah she did” replied Anya still sounding very sad and rather subdued.

Willow and Tara exchanged worried looks but said nothing – instinctively they all seemed to decide to continue their brisk walk to the parking lot in silence.

They all walked into the parking area and skirted various cars towards were Dawn indicated Buffy and the SUV were waiting.

As they approached their desired parked vehicle that was now in their sight - Willow who was holding hands as usual with her girlfriend suddenly felt Tara go tense at her side. But as she was about to look across to check that all was well with her girl, she got distracted when she heard Dawn speak.

“Hey - isn’t that Oz talking to Buffy?” Dawn piped up a tad loudly.

On hearing his name, Oz looked up and smiled.

“Hey” he said, then paused until they got closer then he continued still smiling.

“I guess now I only need to make a house call on the male scoobies if I want to say hello after so long…. Hi Willow, it’s great to see you again – and you too Anya and Dawn - you sure have grown really tall…. and er, Tara how’re you?”

Anya just gave him a tiny wave but said nothing as she slunk away to get in and seat in the back of the SUV, giving Buffy a tiny watery smile when the slayer said hi and tried to look supportive. Oz wasn’t bothered by Anya’s demeanour because Buffy had filled him in on the fact that she was upset over something.

Both Willow and Dawn said “Hi Oz” but Dawn additionally giggled at his comment on her height and bounced happily over to seat in the front of the jeep with Buffy.

Tara mumbled “I’m fine thanks” and tried to look calm and friendly.

Willow shot a quick worried glance at Tara then looked over at Oz to ask

“How’s it going Oz? What brings you here again – you come here a lot?”

“Yeah, I have to do the meditations the monks taught me in natural open spaces….” He paused then looked a tad nervously over at Tara and then took a tentative step closer.

Willow had to glance rather sharply and worriedly at her girlfriend when she felt Tara squeeze her hand tighter and simultaneously go tense again.

It didn’t escape Oz’s notice that Tara had tensed up and had even tried ever so imperceptibly to move slightly away from him.

Inwardly he sighed sadly at this even though he had always known that meeting his ex-girlfriend’s girlfriend again would prove awkward – but he knew he had to say what he had regretted not getting a chance to say before he’d left Sunnydale.

“Tara – I never got a chance to tell you how sorry I am about what happened that day on campus. I’m really very sorry, I thought I had control of the wolf then but I didn’t…. I would never deliberately want to hurt you or anyone else and that’s why I’ve worked so hard to learn to control it – and now I’m glad I can control it totally. I just needed to tell you how sorry I am and I hope you’ll forgive me” Oz delivered this speech with utmost sincerity and with no sign of his trademark stoicism.

“Thanks Oz – I k-know you couldn’t control what happened, so there’s nothing to f-forgive…. but thanks all the same for what you said” Tara responded also sounding very sincere – then she turned to Willow and without really looking at her said

“I’ll just grab these and go wait in the jeep Will” that said she disentangled their entwined hands and took the basket from Willow’s other hand, then she backed away and walked behind the parked SUV to the other side and joined Anya at the back seat.

Willow had since deftly tried to hide her worry at the tension she’d felt in her girl – sure she knew that Tara’s meeting her ex-boyfriend again would be awkward, but she hadn’t expected the level of tension she had felt emanating from her soul mate.

So she smiled at Oz warmly but made her excuses to leave so she could be with Tara as quickly as possible.

“Thanks for what you just said Oz, it was really great to see you again – but we really have to go because Anya needs my help with something” Willow said speedily.

“Sure Willow, you get going – Buffy filled me in a little on that – I hope it all works out….. and we did the whole telephone numbers swapping thing so we can all stay in touch” he said smiling warmly back.

“Yeah, see ya around Oz” Willow said with another quick smile then she darted of to join her girlfriend in the back of the jeep.

Oz waved bye to them as Buffy pulled out of the parking lot and he got an answering wave from Dawn and Buffy.

“Hey Will, so Dawn has filled me in and says we’re dropping you off at Xander’s right?” piped up Buffy as she drove.

“Hey Buff, yeah that’s the plan” replied Willow a bit distractedly for she was now wishing she could go home and be with her girl.

Even though Tara had instinctively reached for and entwined their hands together as was usual and had also given her that sweet lopsided smile she loved, when she’d entered the jeep. Willow desperately wanted to talk to her girl and find out what was up with her regarding Oz. Surely Tara most know she had nothing to fear or feel threatened about regarding her ex.

“See Willow – didn’t I tell you Buffy could drive good now?” piped up Dawn

“Hey! Quiet you.” Buffy said with a mock fierce scowl for her giggling sister, then glancing at Willow through the rear view mirror she said.

“So Will – had a good picnic?”

With a quick affectionate glance at Tara who smiled affectionately back Willow replied without hesitation and with great enthusiasm.

“Yes Buffy – it was the best ever!”

“Good, good – now if I can just get Anya over by your side to give me a smile, I’ll be one happy slayer” Buffy said trying to boost the morale of a very subdued Anya.

“Yeah Anya – please try and cheer up a bit, Willow’s gonna do all she can – okay?” Tara said patting Anya on the leg encouragingly – she was rewarded with a tiny smile.

“Aha! – we got a smile, good, good.” said Buffy making Dawn giggle at her sister’s silliness and at the same time making her impressed at how loving the slayer was being, she was more impressed when she glanced back at Anya and got another smile from her.

As Buffy continued with her silly banter and surprisingly good driving – Willow seized the opportunity to converse quietly with her girlfriend.

“Tara? Baby? – Are you okay? she asked

“Sure honey – why wouldn’t I be?” Tara replied.

“I don’t know…. I mean, what was going on with you when we saw Oz just now? You were stuttering and you went all tense….”

“It was nothing sweetie, honest I’m okay” interrupted Tara with a little sigh.

“But baby – I know there was something up, you also avoided looking at me and you only do that when you’re upset….. Tara? You know you don’t have anything to worry about with Oz, right? – you’re okay with he and I staying friends aren’t you? Because you know, we could talk about that – you and I…. You’re my girl Tara and I’ll do anything to make you happy….”

Tara interrupted once again and this time she looked Willow directly in the eyes.

“I know that sweetie – you don’t have to reassure me on that, I know that I’m your girl just as you're mine. Why don’t you just sort out your visit with Xander first – then we can talk when you get home – okay?”

Willow searched deeply into Tara’s eyes as she thought with a tiny bit of worry that she must not be a very good girlfriend if indeed after all this time there was still something to talk about regarding Oz.

Then she nodded in answer to Tara’s last comment and then leaned in to capture her baby’s luscious lips in a deep kiss into which she poured all of her love – wanting so much for the kiss to symbolise how she totally belonged only to her beautiful blonde Goddess. She was thrilled to be fervently kissed back by her Tara whose response conveyed the same message in equal measure.

Suddenly both witches received a rude awakening from the bliss of their passionate lip lock – when Buffy loudly cleared her throat.

The slayer had tried very hard not to allow her enhanced slayer hearing to pick up on the witches’ private conversation – but since whatever it was ended in such a passionate kiss – then she guessed it was all good.

Buffy then spoke cheekily after the loud cough she’d given, half turned in her seat as she looked behind at a blushing Willow and Tara.

“If you two care to break up the heavy make-out session – please note that there’s a minor present and also notice that we’ve arrived at Xander’s apartment.” she stated grinning widely.

Dawn just giggled as she watched her two favorite witches try to compose themselves.

“Oh right – I better get going then. Anya, I’ll do my best with the talking to Xander thing” Willow babbled.

“Thanks Willow – I’ll be waiting at your place” Anya replied.

“Here’s your phone sweetie – please take a cab home if Xander is not up to driving you back – okay?” Tara said

“Yes baby – I will” Willow said as she took her phone then gave her girl one last quick kiss before stepping out of the jeep saying ‘Bye guys’ to the others.

“Awww” Buffy and Dawn said simultaneously.

“Will you two stop that! Buffy! – you promised you weren’t gonna tease me anymore” Tara huffed

“Bye Will” Buffy called after her friend then she glanced quickly at Tara and said

“Sorry Tara, it’s just that you two are so cute together and I can’t help….”

“Buffy! Stop – let’s just get Anya home okay.…” Tara said rolling her eyes at the slayer, then glancing at Anya who though still subdued managed a smile at the slayer’s antics and for Tara, when she felt the blonde witch squeeze her hand to offer comfort.

“Right Tara – home it is” said Buffy pulling the car out unto the road after a quick wink at Dawn who grinned widely back.

Despite the current Xander/Anya crisis – Dawn couldn’t help but feel happier than she had in a long time. Somehow she no longer felt somewhat alone, something seemed to have changed for the better. She couldn’t decipher exactly what it was – but something in her mind kept telling her it was down to Willow, for one thing it was the beloved red haired witch who had brought her sister back to her…. Anyway, Dawn was indeed a very happy teenager on that particular journey home.

TBC.

(Next update within a week.)

Merry Christmas in advance to all those who celebrate it.

Happy Holidays!

Edited by: WannaFriendsBe at: 12/24/03 11:30 am

Post subject: Getting Rid of Wonky Willow
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:56 am 

I just popped in to say that I'm really enjoying your fic...so...um, yeah! Keep up the good work. ":smash"

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:32 pm 
Aaawwww!

I love this update!":D" Everytime Buffy teases Tara I can't help but laugh. But what's up with Tara and Oz? Hmmm... ":hmm" I can't wait for the next update and merry xmas!":bigwave"

Post subject: Re: update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:22 pm 
Oh look what we have here, it's an update to one of my favourite fics ":)"

YAY! ":bounce" Happy ":dance"

Well, that certainly was a nummy treat. Nice & long & oh so very sweet! The end of the picnic was just perfect

& so wonderfully written. I loved this line

Quote:
“Let me guess – you want me to lie on your lap while you feed me grapes, but my sweet, shy, precious, honey you’ve been too shy to ask – yes?”

I don't know why but I like how Tara called Willow her sweet, shy, precious, honey. ":heart"

Also, I like the 'cutie' thing, everytime I read that I could hear Tara saying it & I think it'd make me blush a little bit too. ":)"

This little speech really got me

Quote:
“I love you Tara Maclay – you’re my everything and my always. I love you with all that I am and I will love you forever.

So sincere & honest, I had little happy tears in my eyes ":happycry"

I really like how not everything is always happy & sickeningly sweet. You seem to find the perfect balance between lovely, romantic goodness & little bits of uncertainty & minor angst. ":clap"

Oh yeah, when take-charge Tara (":drool" ) put in an appearance to try & get Willow talking about GROWW, the minute I'd read that line I though 'Oh, yes ma'am' & then that's exactly how Willow responded. ":lol"

That just goes to show how true you're being to the characters & also how easy it is to really get into this fic.

Uh-oh, Xander's called off the wedding. In the long run that was probably a very good idea, but for right now all he's achieved is upsetting Anya ":no" (& that can never be a good thing).

So sad, but accurate, that Tara would think it was inadvertantly her fault. Hopefully she'll realise that in the long term it was all for the best.

I have no doubt that Willow will have a good talk with him & they'll be able to sort things out.

Hmmm, Tara & Oz?

I understand she's probably a bit scared of him, after all he did go all wolfy & try to kill her the last time they met. But I get the feeling there's a lot more to it than that. ":hmm"

I felt so bad for her when she tensed up, & when she started stuttering I just wanted to jump into the fic & give her a big, reassuring hug.

Either that or give Oz a good ":punch" . Don't get me wrong, it's not that I dislike the guy, it's just, he's got Tara all upset & that's a big no-no! ":no"

Oh well, I'm sure Tara will tell Willow what's bothring her, all in good time.

Oh & the teasing made a little comeback at the end there.

I like the teasing, I know it's a teensy bit mean, but really, it's just harmless, innocent fun, & it's so sweet & funny. ":)"

Wow, I'm babbling a lot here aren't I?

It's your fault ":p" , if you didn't write such a great fic I wouldn't have all these things to say about it.

Needless to say, I loved this update & eagerly anticipate the next chapter.

Happy holidays to you & all!

Hugs

Jeanne

----------

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next