The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: THREE WORDS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:35 pm 
Three Words

by Sleek :sh

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.

Pairing: W/T

Rating: PG 13

Spoilers: This is semi-AU, there is no Hellmouth but there is a Sunnydale.

Feedback: Any word, any line, will make my day :banana :eatme

Summary: Tara finds the courage to say those three words. (Or should I say Sleek finds the courage to say those three words?)

==

Dear Kittens,

Pardon me if this is a short one, but should my Muse dance with me again I might make this longer.

I started updating Surface Tension when the first few lines of this fic pranced into my computer screen. I am such a sentimental shmuck.

Hopeless,

:sh Sleek

==

You give your hand to me

And then you say hello

A flash of copper colored hair.

A wave of a hand, delicate as a swan.

I could hardly speak

My heart is beating so.

Close up of emerald eyes, crinkling upward.

Pink lips curving up into a devil-may-care grin.

Red and golden leaves,

descending upon two pairs of sneaker-clad feet.

Oh you can never tell

the one who loves you well

A hunched figure, looking out by the windowsill.

Zoom in, twin orbs of liquid sapphires, glistening with unshed tears.

No you don't know me.

She was killing me. Slowly.

"Tara, get out of the rain! You'll catch a cold!"

She was drowning me with her kindness.

"Let me catch a cold, I could use a few days off," I smiled wanly at my redheaded best friend.

She dragged me inside the hall and pulled me inside our dorm room. She placed her hands on my shoulders and pushed me down a chair. I watched silently as she rummaged in our closet for a towel. She started rubbing the fluffy towel against my stringy hair and soggy clothes.

I must have looked like an unattractive, drowned rat. How many drowned rats do you find attractive?

"Tara, honey. School is important. When we're both cranky and white-haired, our education is the only thing that could survive with us," she admonished softly.

For a second there, I wish she didn't call me honey and toweling me dry as if we're more than friends. I know Willow is naturally sweet. And my lonely heart leaped at any sign of affection from her.

"What makes you so sure we'll still be friends when we're both cranky and white-haired?" I mock pouted, trying to mask how much I needed to hear her answer.

"Because silly," she smiled that trademark 1000 watt Willowgrin that never failed to melt me, "you're my best friend forever and ever."

She placed a tender, marshmallow-soft kiss against my forehead. She cradled my cheek and gazed into me. Her eyes are like damp meadows I could roll into forever.

I felt a stab in my heart and a sting in my eyes. I shut them before she could see.

"Hey," her voice was a lullaby, "what's with the sparkly teary eyes, Tare-bear?"

Her slender hand wrapped around my nape, and she laid my head on the crook of her shoulder. I inhaled deeply and stored the scent of Willow into my soul. She has the fragrance of cinnamon and apples.

I sighed.

This was my home. My nest. The crook of Willow's shoulder.

"You know you can tell me anything," her voice was now a caress, as gentle as her fingers swirling around the baby hairs of my nape.

Fresh tears leaked from the corner of my eyes.

How can you tell your straight best friend that you have fallen in love with her?

TBC, because I'm vying for the title as the biggest tease in the fan fic writer category ;)

Post subject: Re: THREE WORDS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:07 pm 
Hey, this is really cool so far. I like it a lot! Please, please, please update it soon!

I hope Willow feels the same way about Tara!:grin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:06 am 
:bigwave Sleek :flower ,

You are so :devilish ! Leave me a cliffhanger like that! :boot :punish I loved the start! :clap :bow I can't wait to see what you have happen next.

Quote:
How do you tell your straight best friend that you have fallen in love with her?

:hmm Um, very carefully. :eyebrow

I can't wait to :read more. Update soon, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray

bluewillowwitch :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

---------------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happening."--Anita Loos

Edited by: Warduke at: 9/25/03 8:08 am

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:25 am 
Hey Sleek..I love this so far, it's so sweet. love sammi xx:flower

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:16 am 
Hey Sleek!

I'm loving this. It's starting out beautifully painfull. Also, the subject (gay or bi girl falls for her straight best friend) is one that's very near to me, so the sentence you used:

How can you tell your straight best friend that you have fallen in love with her?

is really very strong, well, I felt it anyway. And if you have an answer to that question, please do tell me. :grin

-------------------

"See? I've mastered this tact crap." Anya in Tears Of The Goddess by Lisa

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:18 am 
Quote:

My heart stopped for a moment when I read that line. I think everyone here knows what that feels like... that terrible, twisting, gut-wrneching emotion... that fear that the one person who you love more than anything will never feel the same way toward you...

I can tell already that this is going to be a fantastic read. Sleek, you are such a fantastic artist of words, I can't wait to see what next you paint on this canvas.

Cheers

DW :pride

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:46 am 
hi :wave Sleek

love the start. sad and s0 true...

yeah... i got the feeling this fic would be sad and wonderfully heart felt. i remembered a fic here that also have the same theme.. you know... loving your bestfriend. I think the title is 'Beholden' and its the other way around, willow is gay loving her bestfriend. Although that fic isn't finished.

S0 im excited about this one. How it turns out.. thanks for the fic :bow :kiss

Cause you were made for me/Somehow I'll make you see/How happy you make me

I can't live this life/Without you by my side/I need you to survive
So stay with me/You look in my eyes and I'm screaming inside/that I'm sorry. » Evanescence

Post subject: YOU BAD BAD TEASER!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:08 am 

RE: SUBJECT LOOK ABOVE.

When OH When will you grace us with an update?

Have thou no mercy upon thine kittens?

Thou mighty SLEEK!

Beautifully written, I love your mini fics, you have a way with words that just makes everything so elegant and personal, I can relate to the things you write.

~Arwen

ps: you bad bad teaser... :p

Post subject: Re: YOU BAD BAD TEASER!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:21 am 
Great start! And oh yeah...the thing with love and straight friends...*sigh*. I remember that one...

Poor Tara. I wanna know what happens next! :)

Can't wait for your update!

snuggle79 :wave

I don't get wild. Wild on me equals spaz.

This is how everyday should end and start ..and all the stuff in the middle

The greatest thing you'll learn, is just to love and be loved in return.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:10 pm 
That was an intense opening. I feel so much for Tara, loving Willow and fearing she could never love her. Looking forward the next update.

Every time you walk away, I pretend that I'm okay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:27 pm 
Simply perfect! I'm feeling Tara's pain... not that i haven't had the straight girl blues before, but this is just too beautiful for words. *sigh* Makes me fall in love with W/T all over again...

~Cyn :flower

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:48 pm 
Very nice. PLEASE, continue soon.:applause

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:30 pm 
Holy moly mother of all things good and pure! My heart is racing right now, I love your story so far. :heart Oh man, I..., just continue with great speed and good story telling. :)

~Sappho :bounce :cry

It's brought tears to my eyes...

Willow: Yeah, that’s me. Reliable dog geyser person.

Anya: Give me a beer. Bartender: I.D. Anya: [Looks at him w/ disbelief] Bartender: I.D.

Anya: I’m 1,120 years old!!! Just give me a friggin’ beer! Bartender: I.D. Anya: [Sigh] Give me a Coke.

Post subject: PART 2
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:10 am 
Doppelganger5x5

You get the moo cow for posting first :moo and okay, some smoochies :kiss Will Willow return Tara's affections? Ofcourse, this is a W/T fic after all. The question is, how.

bluewillowwitch

Hey girl! :bounce thanks for swatting my :punish hehe Writers can be evil, you should know 'coz you are one. :grin

sammi

:kiss bittersweetness coming your way

Washi

Hey Washi :grin Writing about this is a cathartic experience, but I'm over that (unmentionable) person now. We're still good friends and…well…she's getting married. These are happy tears 'coz I know I'm not in love with unmentionable anymore…and so about the answer to the question how we are gonna tell a straight friend…well I think the answer is as unique as our straight friends are…'coz they'll take it in differently. Sigh. And so here's the update. Thanks you for the encouragement :kiss

DarkWiccan

:love WOW, did I ever mention you are one of the fic writers I admire? Anyway, more twisting and gut wrenching to come. I have traveled this road myself, and sad to say…I did find the courage to say those three words and she said it back…in a friend way. Sigh. But I'm over Ms. Unmentionable now, and I can truthfully say things turned out the way it should be. Thank you for the lovely feedback. Words are my only solace. (PS I remember you wrote something with a similar theme, but in your fic, Willow was all with the mushy gay love, not Tara).

Red Jassy

Hello :grin I read the first parts of Beholden and it was written by Patches, I think. This story is a short one, so it's easier to finish. I hope this won't disappoint. By the way, I think Evanescence is the best in dark rock, there's something about Amy Lee's voice that makes me ponder the beauty of tombs and graves. Yes, I know I'm weird. :grin

Arwen

:punish Ooh! She called me a tease! :P As penance, here is an update now. Since you made me positively mortified for leaving you hanging, I offer this update on a silver platter. Do you prefer white wine or red wine to go with it? :lol Thank you for the glowing feedback, it did wonders for my Muse. Pain reminds us we're human, and so is love.

snuggle79

Here's a snuggle for Snuggle, :eatme (oops, you get the 'eat me' banana, but it's just as good. Have a bite!)

LostWithoutTara

'Every time you walk away, I pretend that I'm okay' that perfectly sums up what Tara feels. IS that a line from a song? Thanks for the feedback :heart

Cyn

Never had straight girl blues? Lucky you :lol But that's you're able to feel Tara's agony. I don't intend to put much angst, but I guess it's part of loving someone you think won't ever love you back. But thank you for the feedback :kiss :love

nika

:flower :heart How soon is now? :grin

Sappho

Heart racing, eh? :blush I know this is pretty intense, 'coz I'm not gonna hold back. Thank you so much for appreciating this, I would've stopped writing a long time ago if not for Kittens like you. :kiss :kiss

==

Dear Kittens

Here's the next part. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

:sh Sleek

==

THREE WORDS

Part 2

by Sleek

It was my first day in Sunnydale High.

I clutched a pile of books close to my chest and used it as a shield from the throng of bursting-with-hormones bodies. I have somehow managed to fumble my way through morning class and was now headed towards the cafeteria.

A gaggle of girls guffawed as I shuffled by.

"Oh my god, someone raided the Salvation Army fashion collection!" a tall brunette with impeccable polished nails and Calvin Klein dress pointed at me.

I ducked my head and shriveled inside as a few bystanders laughed at the brunette's supposedly amusing comment.

"Just leave her alone, Cordelia."

A soft but clear voice said from behind.

I turned and saw a slender redhead glaring at Cordelia. Her hands were placed on her hips as if stopping herself from springing towards the snotty girl. Her chin jutted out defiantly and her lips were set into a firm, taut line.

"Ooh, I'm scared now. It's Miss Doogie Howser — the wittle genius of Sunnydale High!"

Her minions laughed like a pack of hyenas. Come to think of it, their resemblance to hyenas at this moment was remarkable.

"Well last time I checked Cordelia, criticizing other people just to make yourselves feel better isn't defined as cool. It's called insecure. But then, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get your definitions right. You barely got out of grammar school without my help," the redhead never wavered from her stance. She stood straight and graceful as a javelin.

Cordelia's eyes narrowed and her nostrils flared. For one horrible moment I thought Cordelia was going to slap the redhead in the face.

The hyenas stopped laughing and were now looking at Cordelia, waiting for her instructions.

"As if," Cordelia replied coolly. "C'mon girls, let's give Ms. Nerdy and Ms. Dorky a private moment. They'll be discussing their marriage vows soon, I expect."

Cordelia's squad snorted with laughter. And with a collective twirl of their hair, they flounced off.

"Don't mind Cordelia," the redhead said as she approached me. She perched a dove-shaped hand on my shoulder. "She wasn't so bad as a kid. But ever since her parent's divorce, she was never the same."

Pools of emeralds twinkled at me from underneath long, copper colored lashes. Rose pink lips quirked into a grin as dazzling as a tropical sun.

I think my heart squeaked.

"T-th-thanks," I mumbled.

Why? Why oh why did I have to stutter at this crucial, first meeting moment?

"Hey, no problem. I'm Willow by the way, wanna go have lunch with me?"

"I'd love to," I said, too quickly. I know she just asked me if I want to sit with her during lunch. It's not a date or anything. But my pirouetting heart had other ideas.

"Wow," she gasped. Her eyes were suddenly glued on me.

"What?" I said, alarmed. Did I have dirt on my nose?

"The way you smiled just then. The crooked, half-smile kind of thing? It's cute, honest and cute."

"Huh?"

"A lot of people wear phony smiles y'know. But you, there's not a trace of phoniness or pretension. It's honest. And cute! And I'm embarrassing you, am I?"

"W-well, it's a good kind of embarrassed. I could get used to it." I knew my cheeks would probably shame a tomato by now.

"You should smile more often," she chirped as she finally tore her eyes from me. She led me to the queue in the cafeteria. "Smiling looks good on you. Plus, it take less muscles to smile than when you're all frowny."

"I have a feeling I'll become less frowny from now on," I giggled at the word.

"Hmm," she pursed her lips in mock seriousness. "I wonder why."

Our eyes reached out to each other and found the answer. Our frowny days were finally over.

Right from the start, I knew Willow was special.

It's not because she's wicked smart (she skipped a grade), or that I think she is the most beautiful human being I ever laid eyes on. It's because she made me do what I thought was impossible. She helped me love me.

With her, I wasn't the stuttering, fumbling Tara. With her, I was funny, witty, and at times eloquent Tara. We could discuss anything from Sponge Bob Square Pants to a dissertation about the Platypus being a weird mammal (we both love watching Discovery Channel).

On some days words were unnecessary between us. We'd just sit there under the shade of our favorite tree. Breathing together. Basking in each other's presence.

One time in autumn, a golden maple leaf landed on her head, contrasting beautifully against her fiery tresses. My hand reached out to pluck the fallen leaf from her hair. Her face was so near, I could see the tiny freckles peppering the corners of her eyes and the sunlight kissing the ends of her lashes.

She smiled at me then, and ran her hand through my hair just once and said, "Thanks," in that maddeningly sweet way of hers.

But then it would be totally untruthful if I said we never had our share of frowns, because we did.

"And so he cornered me during fourth period and said, 'Willow, will you go to the dance with me?'"

It was lunch hour and Willow was just telling me the glorious details of how this mysterious Oz finally approached her after several days of making 'puppy dog eyes' at her.

"And what did you say?" I asked pretending to be immensely interested in my potato salad.

"Well, y'know me, I said the first thing that popped into my head. I said, 'isn't your band playing at the prom? Wouldn't you rather go strumming?' And he laughed and he said he'd rather dance with me."

"Did he?" I stabbed the potato with my fork and squashed it into a pulp.

"Tara," a line furrowed Willow's forehead. "You're upset about something?"

Yes, I'm upset about something! My heart practically screeched.

"Is it Alex? He's been hounding you again?" Willow's hand found its way into mine.

Doesn't she know her hands have a habit of doing that? What would her hands say if some big guy's fingers swallowed them?

I sighed and let myself simmer. It wasn't Willow's fault that I'm stupid. Stupid enough to fall for a gorgeous, straight girl who likes holding my hand.

"Alex is a sweetie," I said more calmly now, comforted somehow by our entwined fingers. "I told him I wasn't interested and he backed off. He said a joke or two so I won't feel guilty about turning him down."

Reluctantly, I took my hand from Willow and shoved my plate away even if it was still half full. I braved a glance at her.

"Oh," she said. The wheels and cogs in her head are probably turning and churning. "You mean, you're not going to the prom?"

"I don't really dance much. And um…Mama is still sick, so I should really be staying home."

This wasn't an outright lie. But the truth is Mama insisted that I go to the prom. She already picked out a dress for me.

"Well that settles it then," she said as she took my plate and shoveled some potatoes. "I'm not going."

"Oh no, Willow please. You should go. I want you to have fun, be happy," I pleaded.

Though it would delight me to have her stay with me and not go out with some guy, Willow's happiness was my priority.

"Well nothing makes me happier than being with you. So why should I go?"

Oh heart, be still.

"What about Oz?"

"I'm not really sure about Oz," she shrugged nonchalantly. "I was more bowled over by the fact that someone asked me out. I mean, it's been a while since anybody saw me as other than a gifted genius, and these days I feel like I've been flunking in the attractive-o-meter. So I went completely woo-hoo when—"

"Will," I interrupted gently. "Look at me."

She turned those emeralds towards me and we dipped into a dimension where only the two of us existed.

"For a genius you can be such a dummy," I said, trying not to laugh at her expression.

Her auburn brows have shot to her hairline and her eyes crinkled in the most adorable way.

"You," I said as I tucked the errant scarlet locks behind her ear, "Are more than just some smart kid. You're my Willow-the-Pooh."

"I am?" she drawled, playfully.

"Yup," my thumb traced the delicate contours of her cheek. "You're bouncy, fluffy, and the keeper of all honey. Anyone with a real soul would fall in love with you."

"Woo-hoo," she said and smiled at me in that maddeningly sweet way of hers.

Before I know it, she flung herself at me and was holding me tight in her arms, right in the middle of the school cafeteria!

When her nose nuzzled my neck, I almost blurted out those three words.

But I didn't.

TBC, 'coz I know this isn't over. ;)

Post subject: Re: PART 2
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:52 am 
:party yay!! for the sweetness of it all..

and cordelia:sigh

heheh:clap i love this part 'Willow-the-pooh' its so adorable.. cute.

and sleek, yeah i like Amy lee's voice.. they're cool. although their songs are mostly depressing or grave.. yup tombs and graves... i love it :cool

thanks for the update :kiss

can't wait for more.. more...:bounce

Cause you were made for me/Somehow I'll make you see/How happy you make me

I can't live this life/Without you by my side/I need you to survive
So stay with me/You look in my eyes and I'm screaming inside/that I'm sorry. » Evanescence

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:14 am 

I love this update! :clap :bow You are so down right :devilish ! That was a mean cliffhange. But I'll forgive you. :bigkiss Yes, being a writr I know the power of a good cliffy. :wink :willow and :tara are sooo cute. You have to get them together. (Yeah, I knowthey will eventualy but I was thing fr Prom :whistle ) I cant wait to :read more. Update soon, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

---------------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happenig."--Anita Loos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:51 am 
OMG!! This is so heart-wrenching and sweet at the same time. I WAS the straight girl :shock I think I owe my sweetie some more smoochies just 'cause she was brave enough to say those three words :heart

Great update!

-shuyaku

------------------------------------

"Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:45 pm 
Wonderful update. Really bittersweet, and the interaction between Willow and Tara is just amazing.

My sig line's from a song, called ''Til I get Over You', by Michelle Branch.

Every time you walk away, I pretend that I'm okay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:47 pm 

I can only say MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!!

This is just too beautiful for words!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:23 pm 
...*swallows the last bite of her banana*...delicious ;)

Quote:
"Well nothing makes me happier than being with you. So why should i go?"

Oh heart, be still.

man, i really feel for Tara. It must be frikking hard for her.

Willow being so close to her and kinda not at the same too is just hard. *sigh*

But it's extra sweet from Willow that she doesn't wanna go to the prom too, if Tara's not going. :)

Great update, can't wait for more!

snuggle79

I don't get wild. Wild on me equals spaz.

This is how everyday should end and start ..and all the stuff in the middle

The greatest thing you'll learn, is just to love and be loved in return.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:39 pm 
That was so sweet *sniff* I hope we get smoochies soon.

I've got more than 3 words they should say to each other, like, coffee, kisses and gay love?:bigkiss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:56 pm 
Hey sleek..aww, that was adorable, and I agree, I hope they can say it soon too..:flower Love Sammi xx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:58 pm 
Oh wow. :bow I really love this fic, it makes my insides all jumpy. I totally adored this line:
Quote:
I think my heart squeaked.
Soooo sweet. :kiss Hooray for you and your wonderful writing! :grin :dance

~Sappho :bounce

Anya: Give me a beer. Bartender: I.D. Anya: [Looks at him w/ disbelief] Bartender: I.D.

Anya: I’m 1,120 years old!!! Just give me a friggin’ beer! Bartender: I.D. Anya: [Sigh] Give me a Coke.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:24 pm 
I'm right there with the jumpy insides... YAY with the cuteness.

I love this kind of fic that makes ya scream 'awh' @ the screen. Or is that just me? :hmm

moooo :moo keep up the cuteness and I'll be a happy Bear.

Al

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:34 pm 
I am now saying to myself "Oh, heart... be still", for this story has made my heart go all a-twitter. Makes me a lil sad that I haven't found the Tara to my Willow yet... but I have not lost hope! Thank you so much for making me fall in love with our girls all over again.

~Cyn :flower

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:04 pm 
sleek, I don't know how you do it, you just have a way of making my heart be still. You really have that down. What a great story, will Tara get the courage? I don't know but I am sure having fun waiting.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:26 am 
Oooh,you are bein' a terrible tease an' all that...We loves it...Keep up the good work!!

fiat justitia,ruat caelum

Read Lucy and Emily's FanFic.

Post subject: PART 3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:39 am 
Red Jazzy

Willow the Pooh, you like? Or do you fancy a Tare-bear?

Bluewillowwitch

Hey girl :bounce do you have a shorter name? :grin Here's an updat for your :read pleasure.

Shuyaku

Wow! You got converted? :grin Was it hard, to leave the straight lifestyle behind? Just wondering. You don't have to answer if it's too personal.

LostWithoutTara

:love I haven't heard that Michelle Branch song yet. I'm sure it's sad. Something I wouldn't listen to if I don't want to hang myself. :) Thanks for the feedback. :heart

Arwen

:read I hope you guys won't hate me too much if this is too short :paranoid

Nika

Here are some smoochies :kiss :kiss Now if only our girls are bold enough to do it.

Sammi

:flower Three words aren't in the horizon…yet.

Sappho

Hop Hop Hop :eatme Thanks for the heartfelt feedback, made me go all :dance

Al

:moo Moore coming up. Stay a happy Bear! :laugh

Cyn

:flower I'm sure you find your Tara someday, just as sure that I'll find my Willow. ;) Love is an elusive fiend so far. It's funny despite what I've been through, I still believe in that silly thing called :love . Sentimental shmuck, I am.

Xita

You're here! :bounce Welcome to my woeful thread of how one soul can't seem to choke out those three words that would change everything. Thank you for the sincere feedback. :love :kiss

Lucy Moore

:punish All are punished, Especially Tease Writers like me. I'm afraid you might be compelled to swat me after reading this.

====

THREE WORDS

Part 3

By Sleek

If you ask me what was the single, defining moment that made me realize that I was in love with Willow, I'd say I don't know. It just happened. Like…the grass happened to be green. The sun happens to shine in the morning. And I happen to love Willow. It's a natural occurrence.

It is impossible to see the depths of Willow and not fall into her. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one who knew that.

"Uh, excuse me. But are you, Tara?"

I looked up from my art history book and found myself staring at a short guy sporting the just-got-out-of-bed look. His brown hair stuck out from all angles and his shirt looked like he slept on it last night. He looked familiar…wait, isn't he?

When recognition hit me, I was sorely tempted to bury my nose back into my book. But I won't. I have to face him. He is, after all, another runner in this contest called "Who Wants to be Willow's."

"You're Oz," I said evenly and shut my book.

"She told you about me?" A pleased grin lifted the corners of his thin lips. He grabbed a chair and sat next to me.

Except for the librarian, we were the only people left in the high school library.

"Yeah, she did," I said, not wanting to give anything more than he needs to know.

He was silent for a moment and seemed to weigh what he was going to say next.

"I know you're her best friend. And I was wondering if you know why she has been dropping my calls and avoiding me for the past week," he said as he studied my face intently.

"I'm sorry, I don't know," I answered truthfully. After the prom, Willow never mentioned Oz again. But she did seem to be quiet the past few weeks. Did I miss something here?

"Oh," he said without betraying any emotion. But the clouded look in his eyes spoke volumes.

He gazed at the wooden table as if he wasn't really seeing it.

"Well," he sighed and stood up. "If you get to talk to her, can you tell her I miss her? Please?"

He looked like a mangy puppy that lost its owner I almost pitied him. Almost.

There was still something niggling at the back of my head. Something I need to confirm, but I dread to find out.

"Maybe. If you tell me why you think she would avoid you?"

God, please let it not be what I think it is.

"My best guess is because I kissed her," he said simply.

I felt my jaw unhinge.

"You what?!" Something clenched my chest. Something with sharp, venomous claws.

He seemed taken aback by my reaction.

"I," he mumbled, "I gather she didn't tell you?"

When he noticed that I wasn't moving, or even breathing for that matter, he went on.

"Before you radically misinterpret my actions I just want you to know I won't do anything to hurt Willow. I'd hang myself before I'd do that," he said and the grave look in his eyes convinced me. "I'll be just around the corner if she needs me. I'll wait for her whenever she's ready talk. For now, I'll just be her glad fool. A glad fool in love."

He was still composed, but he would crack any time soon. Before I could think of anything to say he wheeled around and left.

I wanted to hate him. I want to toss that book self at him if it means the pain would stop.

But it won't.

We are both fools after all. He was the glad fool and I'm just the plain fool.

He kissed Willow and she never told me.

I slumped on the table and pressed my cheek against its cold, hard surface. I tried to summon a happy Willow memory to comfort me but the images were blurred and distant.

All I could see was those rose pink lips, parting to welcome lips that aren't mine.

I want to die. I need to die. But before that, I need to talk to her. See Willow, maybe for the last time before I go away.

I glanced at her two-story house and saw the lights behind her window.

Good, she's still up.

I took out the trusty old ladder from the garden shed and shoved it against the wall of her house. I clambered up the ladder and was a foot below her room when I saw my beloved's head poking out of the window.

"Oh Tare-bear, my Tare-bear. Where forth art thou my Tare-bear?" She beamed at me as a goofy grin sneaked across her features.

God, how she cracks me up. How the hell am I supposed to stay away from this woman?

"Uh, Juliet? A little help here," I grunted as my fingers gripped the edge of her windowsill. I think I need to lose weight. I couldn't seem to heave myself through her window as easily as I used to.

"Defective Tara-paws," she muttered as she took my hands and pulled me up.

The strength of her hands startled me. I found myself shooting into her room and falling into her scrawny frame.

"Whoopsy," I said as the force of our collision made her tumble backward, taking me with her down to the carpeted floor.

"Oomph," she said the wind flew out of her chest. "You sure know how to make an entrance."

"I-I…s-sorry," I squeaked as I realized how my body was positioned on top of hers.

One of my thighs was nestled between her legs, and my stomach and chest pressed heavily against hers. I marveled at how soft yet solid her body felt against mine. Like I was lying on a curvy mattress filled with whipped cream. I bet, if I ran my tongue along that milky throat of hers? She would taste better than whipped cream.

Her face was within kissing distance. I moistened my lips with my tongue at the sight of her candy lips…parting.

"I wanted to talk to you," she said. Her warm, minty breath caressed my chin.

"Me too," I said as I rested my forehead against hers, wanting to plunge myself into her emerald depths.

I placed my palm against hers, on each side of her head. Her fingers curled, tangling mine in hers.

Neither one of us made a move to get up.

TBC (Michael Jackson tune: You know I'm bad. I'm bad. You know it…) :evil

Post subject: Re: PART 3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:59 am 
Oh my gosh. That was gorgeous. I am utterly enthralled by your story and your writing. :clap Please more soon. Please, please, please... :love

~Sappho :bounce

Post subject: Re: PART 3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:07 am 

I loved the update! :clap :bow You are so :devilish . Just a big :devilish :devil ! I want more! :pray I wat :willow /:tara smoochis! :bounce I can't wait to :read more. Update soo, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Oh and as for shorter name, wel you could always go with Grace(my actual name). Just a suggestion. :wink

--------------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on hapening."--Anita Loos

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next