The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: FIC - Lingering Darkness
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:25 am 
sassette, i just wanted to take a moment to say how much i love this fic. and AD. and your vignettes. you just write willow and tara so beautifully with the babble and the insecurity and the angst and of course the knowledge that all will be good in the end. i suppose you could say i am a sass-addict. i thought about finding a support group, but that would mean giving up sassfic and i'm simply not prepared to do that. ever.

i eagerly await more...thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:35 pm 
Great update, Sass. Thanks for the Tough Love wrapup. We never got treated to that on the show, and you know they must have finished that conversation after things settled down. And Willow proves once again that she has such a big heart - ya gotta love her! Thanks, Sass! :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:48 pm 
Yay update! Checking my email once a week sucks, but having an update makes it better! I like Willow's theory about Fiona and Margaret... that makes a lot of sense to me. I like how they're being more open with each other, too. Thanks for the great update!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:35 am 
OK...Back to the business at hand

SASS;

What the frilly heck are ya doing?

We are desperately lacking in snuggles, smoochies and other forms of endearment.

Need some soon :smash :smash

BV

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:05 am 
great update :grin loved babbling Willow. her theory about Tara's fears was interesting.

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!

2nd place??? That's just a fancy term for loser!

Post subject: Finishing story?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:19 am 
Hi there

Just to say I love this sequel very much. Is there going to be more? :pray

Post subject: Re: Finishing Story
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:39 am 
Good question.

Honestly, I don't know. On one hand, the idea of leaving this unfinished makes my teeth itch - on the other hand, I'm not sure I have something of this scope in me anymore, and on the other other hand, I'm not sure I'm happy with where I was going with this. And that's way too many hands for one person to have.

I guess I'm at the "I >hope< I'll finish this" stage, but I'm just not sure how or when.

-Sass

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:06 pm 
Sassette:

I just read Answering Darkness, and it was fantastic. This sequel is very promising, and I am really enjoying it. From reading your other Fic, I have faith that you'll find a way to get it going again, and I'll be here waiting.

Kudos

Tibbs

Post subject: wonderful fic...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:44 am 
(i wrote this all once and it god deleted...what a fine welcome. moving on...)

i've never posted on this board before, though i've lurked for quite awhile. i felt compelled to post now, however.

Answering Darkness was the first fic i ever read on this board, and one of the first willow/tara fics i read. it still stands out in the top three, and i have since read some oustanding stories by some tremendous authors.

i would be so sorry to see Lingering Darkness die before it got to really live. it is a wonderful sequel to Answering Darkness and a great story in its own right. although i understand how difficult it can be to write a story when you feel you've lost its essence -- particularly when it's a sequel -- this story so cries out for completion.

it is the earmark of a truly great fic when the world the author creates becomes so real, so alive, that is transcends the world of the show that inspired it. this is just such a fic. the world you created in Answering Darkness, and cultured so well in Lingering Darkness, have become as real, if not more so, than the world the show created.

i loved your handling of willow's dark magic use, and the entire canon of these stories. so many great twists and turns, so much fantastic character development, such a depth and breadth of creativity.

i know many people have praised you on these stories, and more eloquently than i, but, i simply had to add my two cents.

i hope you can find your heart for this story again, because to see it die on the vine would be tragic. it's just too good. i love these characters you've recreated so beautifully, no matter how much you write about them it will never be enough, but i definitely don't want it to end here.

either way, though, thank you for your stellar contribution to this fandom, and to these characters in particular.

~city

"You'd don't lie. You understate to the point of criminal negligence."

Edited by: cityofbooks at: 4/24/03 11:52:06 pm

Post subject: Re: wonderful fic...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:27 pm 
I seem to just love everything you write... hope you eventually get back into the mindset for this. i do adore the vignettes i've read so far - the one's i've read are soo sweet *sits blissfully for a moment in reflection*, but the world of fanfic should not loose a writer who can weave such an intricate plot as you did in AD.

now back to LD i don't think i've laughed so much for ages. some of my fave moments:

miss kitty curled up on giles' chest

zoids.... lol. i wish british education was that funny

more or less every bit with spike... the things you do to him - girl scouts *G* the things you make him say

"I'm certainly a humanitarian," Spike said slowly and sweetly, as if speaking to a small child. "I eat humans, don't I?"

your charicterisation as ever is spot on, i especially enjoyed taras analysis of willow/buffys relationship and buffys analysis fo why W/T don't over protect one another

i liked how xander was kinda the father of the group - organising people etc.... though with tara the mother that image of mine suddenly got weirder..... also all the kids stuff gave me an image of a scrappy gang... i can just imagine xander coming up with that when they all have young children and it sticking (though no doubt the kids'd hate it when they got older).

was it intentional that spike and buffy had such similar reactions to situations:

they both started saying random stuff to their half of W/T when they zoned out

they both blamed it on twelve demons when they got beaten up in an embarrassing way.... though that might v been buffy teasing spike.... nevermind

speaking of the zoning out i was thinking about taras reaction to "And I slept with Spike," doesn't she say in S5 (intervention?) that buffy's nuts when they see the buffybot? and then she's giving her some slack because of the grieving thing

i loved willow's parallel-processing thing in her own world and making sensible replies at the same time. reminds me of vimes in terry pratchett's discworld (following his own chain of thought while holding a conversation with his wife - making sensible replies, filtering out relevant info, and most importantly able at any time to repeat the last sentence if challenged). and now that i have twice mentioned discworld in 3 threads i will go and hang my head in shame

Jo

*wanders off looking very embarrassed*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:43 am 
Sassette

Let me see it's not my birthday, Christmas... nope, Valentines day... not even. It doesn't matter thank you so very much, AD and now LD are the best gifts I've gotten in a really long time. :bow

behindhereyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:18 pm 
5. Willowhand

anyone kn ow if there will be updates to Lingering Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:20 am 
3. Flaming O

Answering Darkness and this fic is one of my favorite W/T stories of all times. I just wish there was an update. :paranoid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:02 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hay Sass please update this one our girls are in the middle of two hell gods and thay need it to be fixed and over so thay can move forward and get on with there lives

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:22 pm 
5. Willowhand

hi hope ull update someday luv the story

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:11 pm 
5. Willowhand

is the writer still making storys and if so will u update someday

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:59 am 
3. Flaming O

Still wishing for an update. What's better than wishing...hmm. Still praying for an update

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:12 pm 
3. Flaming O

Wow, it's been a long time since this was updated (or even commented on). But on the off chance that the author still reads these comments, I just wanted to say that this, and it's prequel, are amazing stories. The amount of detail and emotions put into both is great, and you are an awesome writer. Also, even though it's been nine years, I'm still going to hope for an update. No matter how unlikely it is...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 pm 
2. Floating Rose

And with these, i have read all your stories on this board, loving each one of them, and, as i said in the vignettes series, i owe wonderfull moments, i know how does to lose the spark on a work feels like (i'm a scupltress), and since the last update has like 10 years, i'm kinda guessing there wont be any update here, or in the recycled series, so just wanna thank you again for wrote such amazing stories in your unique and marvelous way, and shared them, thanks, best wishes and good luck. \m/-__-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15