The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: FIC - Lingering Darkness
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:21 am 
So, I had every intention of writing a vignette tonight - and I had >no< intention of starting this fic. But *sigh* ... it's what popped into my head and asked to be written, so here it is. I'm expecting to NOT update with anything resembling the regularity of 'Answering Darkness' ... probably once a week if it's a good week. Less frequently if it's a bad week.

So, here it is, the start of 'Lingering Darkness', the sequel to 'Answering Darkness'. And, uhhh... you might want to read that one first, as this will make little sense if you don't.

Title: Lingering Darkness Prologue – Of Scoobies and Hell Gods

Author: Sassette

Summary: A Scooby Meeting Recap of AD.

Spoiler Warning: Up to and including "Tabula Rasa" in Season 6 and for the previous story, ‘Answering Darkness’.

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters. The stories all mine, though.

Rating: PG-13

Notes: For the purpose of this story, all events of Tabula Rasa took place exactly as shown in the series; however, all subsequent events appear in the story ‘Answering Darkness’. This story picks up where the previous one left off.

Lingering Darkness Prologue – Of Scoobies and Hell Gods

By Sassette

“They’ll be right down,” Buffy said, casting one look back at the stairway. She couldn’t quite shake the lingering feeling of guilt and fear regarding all the things Willow and Tara had just gone through. She was the Slayer – it was her job to fight the battles - to face the evils of the world – and yet … and yet she had been on the sidelines, watching, practically the whole time.

With a little huff of air, she sat down on the couch next to Dawn, her gaze falling on the assembled group. It was a strange gathering, really, but oddly familiar – old faces and new, sitting together. Giles and Wesley were next to each other, standing in the doorway of the kitchen, their heads bent together as they discussed things that would probably make her head hurt. Xander and Anya were cuddled together on the chair, while the odd combination of Spike and Gunn stood together nearby, talking about battles and weapons.

Angel, predictably, was standing silently in the corner, just watching the group with steady dark eyes.

“Were they naked?” Anya asked after a moment, waiting until she heard footsteps on the stairs and knew that Willow and Tara would hear her question. As predicted, everyone just looked at her, their expressions ranging from shock to amusement, with a little hint of annoyance thrown in. Someone, she figured, had to break up the tension a little. It really might as well be her.

“Ahn, hon …” Xander said slowly, hugging her close. “What did we decide about voicing these questions?”

“>You<,” Anya said emphatically, poking Xander square in the middle of the chest, “decided that I should keep these questions to myself. But if I keep them to myself, how will I ever get an answer?”

“No, we were not naked,” Tara said softly, a slight smile crossing her face as she looked at her friend. All eyes in the room turned to her, and for just a moment, she felt the old familiar urge to drop her head and try to hide. But these were her friends – her family – and Willow’s warm hand in hers gave her the strength to look around the room, her gaze steady and sure.

“But not from lack of trying,” Willow muttered in an undertone, a wry look on her face. She had been fully prepared to try for Round ‘I Lost Count’, but Buffy’s soft knock on the door had brought an end to the smoochie snugglies, and Willow and Tara had emerged from their room for the first time that day, except for that one stop to grab snacks, but as they’d been mostly naked at the time, Willow decided it didn’t really count.

Tara shot Willow an amused look, squeezing her hand gently, her thumb brushing across her knuckles.

“You two didn’t really go to school, did you?” Dawn asked suspiciously, her eyes narrowing as she looked at Willow and Tara.

“If they didn’t, that’s their business,” Buffy said firmly. “They’re adults, so they’re allowed to make those decisions. Truant officers don’t show up at their door asking their sisters where they’ve been.”

“Hey – I’ve been really good about going to school,” Dawn said defensively.

“And besides … they went through Hell last night. Literally,” Buffy added, her face pulling into a frown as she looked at her friends.

“Do they even have truant officers anymore?” Xander asked lightly. “I thought it was just phone calls from the principal, or the regular old police.”

“As fascinating as California’s policy for dealing with truancy is, I believe we’ve all gathered her tonight for a purpose,” Giles put in before everyone got completely off-topic. “Shall we begin?”

“The sooner we start, the sooner we’re done,” Tara whispered to Willow, seeing the reluctant look on her face. They hadn’t talked about what they had gone through yet … they had, in fact, been avoiding the subject all day.

“You’re right,” Willow said with a little nod, letting Tara lead her completely into the room. Dawn and Buffy scooted over on the couch, and they sat down as close together as they could manage without being in each other’s laps, their hands still firmly clasped together.

“I’m, umm … not sure where to start,” Tara confessed with a sheepish expression on her face, glancing at everyone, then looking down. Images flashed in her mind of everything she and Willow had gone through, her breath catching in her throat and her eyes drifting shut, a wince crossing over her features.

“Hey,” Willow said softly, bumping Tara’s shoulder gently with her own. “It’s over. We made it.”

“Yeah, it’s just …” Tara began, a helpless look on her face as she tried to find the words.

“I know,” Willow said, a mirthless smile curving the corner of her lips, an unreadable expression in her eyes.

“Perhaps we could start at the beginning?” Wesley offered up tentatively. In a way, standing here next to Giles, he felt every inch the bumbling idiot he knew now he had been when they met. So full of himself and his training, he had completely overlooked the value of experience, hiding behind his pompous certainty and, frankly, making an ass of himself. He knew he had grown – had changed – but here, in Sunnydale, amidst this group of people, he suddenly felt as though he hadn’t changed at all.

“That is probably a good idea,” Giles allowed, glancing worriedly at Willow and Tara. They were looking at each other – just looking – for all the world like each of them expected the other to disappear at any moment, as if their survival were some sort of wonderful dream, and they would awaken back to a harsh reality at any moment. “We’ve, well … we’ve already filled them in on everything we knew up until you both entered the Hellmouth,” Giles said tentatively, looking over at Willow and Tara.

“And just how did you do that, anyway?” Anya finally asked, realizing that no one was going to ask the questions they were all thinking anyway. “I mean, mortals can’t just walk through the Hellmouth, survive Hell, encounter Hellgods, then walk back. It just doesn’t happen.”

No one bothered to reprimand Anya, but they shifted uncomfortably in their seats, torn between their intense curiosity about what had gone on and their reluctance to make Willow and Tara relive the experience.

“You don’t … you don’t have to talk about it,” Buffy finally said after a moment as Willow and Tara remained silent. “I mean, you two are all right. You survived. How isn’t all that important.”

“No, it’s … it’s all right,” Tara said, taking a deep breath. “I, umm … remember when Dawn cast that spell?” she asked, looking around the room. She frowned a little, her eyes drifting half-shut as she mentally kicked herself, already starting to sketch out a detail she had meant to leave vague. There was no way she was going to let Dawn know that she had let the Construct out – no way she was going to let Dawn feel guilty about it. “W-when I, umm… when I contained her energy, some of it was left over. In my system,” she explained. “And she’s the key, so I just kind of … I used it to let me get through.”

“Yo – I got a question,” Gunn said, his hand drifting into the air. “Just why were you walking into Hell to begin with? I’m a little unclear on that part.”

“I, umm … I thought that, uhh … W-willow was there,” Tara said softly, an embarrassed look crossing her face.

“Awww, isn’t that just the sweetest thing?” Gunn murmured, nodding. Sweet, or maybe crazy. He really wasn’t sure. It was hard to tell with Angel’s friends.

“So, I, umm… I went in, and I found the Trickster,” Tara went on, her gaze growing distant as she remembered the fire and the wind, and the screams. She wasn’t sure she would ever forget the screams. Every eye in the room was on her, but she didn’t notice them, nothing but the warm feel of Willow next to her keeping her anchored to the present, softening the memory of the horrors she had witnessed. “I was, umm … I was really stupid,” she said, shaking her head sadly. “I almost let him out,” she confessed.

“Baby, you had no way of knowing,” Willow said firmly. “That wasn’t your fault.”

“How?” Tara said, turning her eyes to Willow. “How was it not my fault? I knew it was wrong. It was dark magick, and I almost … I –“ she said, her voice catching in her throat.

“But you didn’t,” Willow said, lifting her free hand to brush her fingertips against Tara’s cheek, a soft smile crossing her face when Tara leaned into the touch. “You didn’t.”

“I was going to,” Tara said, shaking her head. “If … If it weren’t for …”

“Shhh,” Willow soothed, pulling Tara into a hug, both of them oblivious to the group of people around them, who all suddenly found other things to look at. “So, umm … I showed up,” Willow said, taking up the story and letting Tara’s head rest against her shoulder, stroking her hair softly. “And you all saw how Spike helped me through the Hellmouth. Then I went to find Tara,” she went on, frowning as she remembered the water and the earth, the faces of the drowning souls, and the eerie moans of those buried. “I, umm,” she said, licking suddenly dry lips, her shoulders tightening. “I did some thinking, and I, uhh … I figured it out.”

“Figured what out?” Giles prompted after a long moment, trying to give Willow some time to pull herself together.

“All of it,” Willow said in a whisper, her eyes seemingly locked on nothing as she remembered the revelation and the all-consuming urgency to get to Tara that it had caused. Willow took a deep steadying breath before saying one word, knowing it would get a reaction from all her friends. “Glory.”

“What? That skank bitch?” Buffy blurted out, forgetting to censor her language around Dawn.

“What about Glory?” Xander asked, his eyes wide. “I mean … we … ummm … she’s dead. Like, ‘Ding Dong the Witch is Dead’, and I represent the Lollipop Guild, and much happy yellow-brick-roading.”

“G-Glory?” Dawn asked, a look of complete and utter shock on her face, that quickly gave way to all-consuming fear and guilt. “No. No! She’s… dead. Xander’s right. We saw – she’s dead. She can’t …”

“Dawn, it’s okay,” Buffy said, putting an arm around her sister’s shoulder and squeezing gently. “It’s okay. It is okay, right?” she said, turning to look at Willow.

“She can’t hurt us,” Tara said, finally composing herself and lifting her head, turning to give a reassuring look to Dawn. “It’s all right, Dawn.”

“But … but, she’s dead. How can she be in this story if she’s dead?” Dawn asked helplessly, looking around the room for confirmation that Glory was really gone for good, but finding none as everyone wore equal looks of surprise and unease, their eyes turned to Willow and Tara.

“She’s, umm … she’s not dead,” Willow said. “But she’s stuck in Hell,” she quickly added. “It’s not like she’s back – she’s gone, she’s just … alive. But in Hell. Definitely in Hell. I mentioned she can’t hurt us, right?”

“Actually, I think I mentioned that,” Tara murmured.

“Oh, right,” Willow said, nodding. “Tara’s absolutely right. She can’t hurt us.”

“She can’t?” Dawn asked slowly.

“She’s in Hell. She’s not here,” Buffy said. “You’re okay, and she’s not going to hurt you, all right?”

“All right,” Dawn said, taking a deep breath and pulling herself together. The Glory thing was over and done with, and she had to trust in Willow and Tara – had to trust in Buffy to keep her safe – and she found that this trust came easily. What worried her was the idea that everyone would forget to keep themselves safe because they were too busy trying to keep >her< safe.

“But how?” Giles finally asked, clearing his throat. He remembered all too vividly the way he had smothered Ben to keep Glory’s evil from hurting his loved ones again, and the idea that this gesture had been completely in vain struck him to the core.

“It’s my fault,” Willow said shakily. “When I returned Tara to herself, Glory figured out the Trickster was the source of my power and assumed he had a plan, so she transferred some of herself into Tara.”

“She kind of, umm … hitched a ride,” Tara said weakly.

“Your flashbacks?” Giles hazarded a guess, inwardly berating himself for not doing more when Tara had come to him with the problem – for not realizing the seriousness of the visions. He should have known – he should have done something – anything – more.

Tara nodded. “And, umm … my, uhh, shadow,” she said.

“Of course,” Giles breathed, his eyes drifting shut as the pieces clicked into place. It made perfect sense, and he should have realized it before.

“But baby, it wasn’t your fault,” Tara said, looking back at Willow. “You saved me. Don’t ever doubt that. Don’t ever second-guess it. You saved me,” she said, repeating the phrase with an intensity in her voice that broke through Willow’s guilt.

Willow regarded Tara carefully, noticing the significant look in her eye. There was more to this story somewhere, and Willow suspected what it was. Tara had never really talked about what it had been like, hiding behind a vague answer of ‘I don’t remember’ whenever Willow had tried to draw her out and make her talk about it. So consumed with trying to keep the world safe without Buffy, Willow had let the matter drop, and now she wished she hadn’t. Maybe Tara needed to talk about it, and maybe Willow needed to understand exactly what she had saved Tara from, because the look Tara was giving her said it was worth the price.

“So then what happened?” Anya asked. She understood that this was very hard for Willow and Tara, but she wished they’d get on with it. She wanted to know, and really, it would be better for them to just spit it out, like ripping off a band-aid: it hurt worse than pulling it slowly, but then it was over fast and faded quickly.

“I, umm … I did that, uhhh… the dark magick,” Tara said. “But doing the ritual freed Glory, so I never finished the spell.”

“I showed up just in time to see the change,” Willow said with a little shrug, a bitter smile on her face. “Guess I’m not always punctual, huh?”

“Willow, it wasn’t your fault,” Tara said. “And everything worked out. If we changed anything – if any one thing had been different – the ending might have been different, too. And I like this ending,” she said, finishing on a whisper.

“So, umm,” Willow said, her voice hoarse as she tried to press on and finish the story. “Glory took over, and she and the Trickster sort of … started in on each other. Then she started turning back into Tara, and they did this kind of back and forth thingy. And then I, umm … I kind of, uhhh…” Willow said, her voice trailing off. “I sort of kicked Glory out of Tara?” she went on, her voice rising uncertainly.

“You told her to get the hell out of your girlfriend,” Tara said wryly, a proud look crossing her face.

“Wow, that took balls,” Gunn said. “In the, uhh, purely metaphoric sense,” he added hastily when everyone in the room looked at him.

“Wait,” Wesley said, holding up a hand. “If you, umm … defeated … Glory, then – you have power over her,” he said slowly.

“And Tara … you have power over the Trickster,” Giles said, his voice filled with both awe and trepidation as he stood up straight from his spot leaning against the wall. “That means you two …”

“Well, I >had< power over her,” Willow said softly.

“And I, umm … I don’t want that kind of power,” Tara said. “It’s dark … and it’s dangerous trying to command those kinds of forces, even when it’s guaranteed.”

“What?” Wesley asked, a puzzled look on his face. “What do you mean you >had< power over Glory?”

“I gave it up,” Willow said, lifting her chin and looking at him defiantly. “I don’t do dark magick. Never again.”

“I’m sure you did what you thought was best,” Wesley said slowly, hoping he wasn’t saying the wrong thing. He didn’t fully understand the situation – probably never would, really, as there were likely parts that Willow and Tara were keeping to themselves – and so he tried not to pass judgment on either of them, instead deciding to be impressed that they had made it through the ordeal.

“It was,” Tara said, her voice gaining confidence as she nodded firmly. “It was the only way. I gave my power over the Trickster to Glory in exchange for her help leaving Hell, and Willow made the same deal – giving her power over Glory to the Trickster.”

“I dare say, that’s rather brilliant,” Giles said, his eyebrows raising. “Neither one of them would have really had the option of turning it down.”

“I, umm … don’t get it,” Xander said, a scowl crossing his face.

“It was Willow’s idea,” Tara said, smiling shyly at her lover. “And if either of them turned the deal down, the other one would have been able to control them,” Tara explained to Xander.

“Ahh, gotcha,” Xander said, nodding. “You gave each of them a weapon, and if one of them had said no, they’d have been unarmed for all time, right?”

“Right,” Willow said. “So then we left. End of story.”

“Well, I’m not sure that could have possibly ended better,” Giles said slowly, a speculative look in his eye. “You’re both home, whole and safe, and with the restoration of Glory, Hell is balanced, so the Trickster likely won’t be a problem. Glory should keep him busy for quite some time to come.”

The room seemed to give a collective sigh of relief at Giles’s words, everyone looking around at each other and smiling, letting the knowledge that they had won another round with the forces of darkness sink into them.

“So, pizza?” Xander asked cheerfully.

“I wanna’ pick the movie,” Dawn piped up.

Tara just watched everyone, her expression thoughtful. Yes, the Trickster would be busy. For awhile. She shook her head, pushing away the thoughts of the Trickster and everything he had said to her, instead focusing on her family. There would be time to think about the rest of it later – a time to tell Willow everything she knew.

But that time wasn’t now.

I Think The Hellmouth Tastes Like Chicken -- Autumn

Edited by: Sassette at: 6/8/02 10:43:01 am

Post subject: Re: FIC - Lingering Darkness
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:40 am 
Sassette!

New batch of hot cookies from the oven! Cool! Great start to your sequel. Recapping the previous events via a scoobie meeting as just awesome. Brings a little light to the rest of the gang who weren't in Hell when those stuff happened. I wonder what's gonna hit the gang next or Willow and Tara.

More! More!

CheerZ

Shinnen

When I Am Standing On My Head, The Sky Is So Deep And The Sea Is So High.

Post subject: Lingering Darkness
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:54 am 
Woo and Hoo!

A sequel - how excellent *s*

Thanks for getting this underway so quickly Sass - with your beautiful vignettes I'd assumed we'd be waiting a while for a new epic. I'm sure I must have told you how much I loved AD, but with the lurkage factor it's possible I may not have made it clear. So I'll make it clear now - I loved AD and am standing by to transfer my affections to the new tale!

Thanks

jo x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:55 am 
Anya deliberately timing the question "are they naked" - great. Her wanting to dissolve the tension in the room with humour is something she probably picked up from Xander.

Something struck me (ouch!) when I was re-reading Answering Darkness about the tests that Willow and Tara had to go through in Hell. Tara, who I would see as being "earthy" was tested with fire and wind, and the more "firey" Willow tested with water and earth. I know someone more astute has probably already remarked on this.

Thank you so much for starting this Sassette. I love your vignettes, but a sequel to Answering Darkness? Woo and Hoo!

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:54 am 
Cool new sic, i love sequels.

Take as much time as you need when writing, I don't really mind the wait so much :)

-Will

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:01 am 

Sass,

Ok, so I have been completely horrible for the last few months and enjoyed all the wonderful stories that pens has to offer and never once posted my praise. I absolutely loved ‘Answering Darkness’ and I am now hooked on your vignettes as well. I just wanted to say thank you for posting your fic, and I hope you keep it up for a long, long time. Also thanks for giving me something else to obsessively look for at the update thread. I saw the title 'Lingering Darkness' and nearly fell out of my chair from excitement. I loved the beginning to this new story and every time Willow or Tara said, "that wasn't your fault" I wanted to yell at my monitor, "Believe her! It wasn't your fault!" Go forth with the knowledge that you have delurked me, I give you the permission to feel smug. Go ahead, smug it up.

KT

tell me what kind of scale compares the weight of two beauties, the gravity of duties, or the ground speed of joy
tell me what kind gauge can quantify elation, what kind of equation could I possibly employ
~ani difranco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:50 am 
I vote 'MORE' as well :D

Patricia

---------------

W-what were they looking at?

-The hotness of you doofus!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:57 am 
Hey cool...a sequel!

I too will join the chorus of "more"!

"Spatulas are for wimps!" Dawn, Wrecked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:53 am 
he.....hehe.....hehehehe....haha...HAHAHA!

YES!!!!!

Sassette Sequel!!!!! I am SO going to love this.

Great start, can't wait for more!

Willowfan:)

“Love’s bitch?” Spike asked softly...
“Woman enough to admit it,” Willow agreed with a nod and a sad half-smile.

“Cheers, luv,” Spike whispered...
-Answering Darkness by Sassette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:35 am 
Ah, Sass... I see the sequel snuck up on you and made you write. :) That's ok... it's an excellent start and I'm sure it will prove as engaging as AD. :grin

--------------------------------

"But when they're playing your song on the jukebox in Hell, you might as well dance." - K. Simpson

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:38 am 
Oh my what a nice morning surprise. Now you've done it. You've gone and started. ;) We'll be as patient as possible. Because I know the ride will be worth the wait.

Autumn

-----------

Well, the reindeer part was nice...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:58 am 
Woohoo! A sequel! Sass, you great, wonderful goddess of a fanfic writer you! :grin

:blush

Edited to add: WOO and HOO, i`m Extra Flamey! New i`d make it one day! *sticks her chest out all proud*

-------------------------

"Nothing like gettin your ass kicked, to make your ass hurt!"

Buffy Series 5

Edited by: capricornmist at: 6/5/02 7:59:26 am

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:22 am 
yay, you started on the sequel to AD. loved this first part. It's okay that you won't be able to update this as much as AD. :)

leave it to Anya to be the one to break the tension in the room with her "were they naked" question.

Oh my god, they killed... oh, nevermind!

I got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but 2 things right now Jack and shit..and Jack left town

Worm, are you ready to die in the cleansing apocalypse?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:28 am 
I'm so glad you're doing this! There were more than a few interesting strings left hanging in AD and it will be great to see some of them addressed. And more Sass is always a good thing. Great start! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:35 am 
*Gasp* :eek Is it? Could it be? Yes, it is!!! :bounce A Sassy sequel! *Pixie jumps up to do the dance of joy.* Great beginning - I also loved Anya's carefully timed comment, and Willow's naked thoughts. I will try to be patient while waiting for the next chapter.

Life is full of changes...The better you are at letting go of things, the freer your hands will be to catch something new. ~from Off The Map by Joan Ackerman
"It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured before passing out. ~from "Answering Darkness" by Sassette

Post subject: Re: LD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:42 am 
OMG OMG!!! This was not spose to be started yet. You fibed! You said a vingette. I waited up but saw no new vignette so I go to sleep. Wake up to find Lingering Darkness? Isnt that spose to be Sass' sequel? Uh oh, someone used the title she was gonna use. OMG OMG! It *IS* Sass' sequel! You fibber you! ;)

Love ya to death, and such a wonderful recap you got going here, now I'm ready for the rest of the ride.

*tries to find her hubby's "Spice Girls" cd for the ride*

---------------------

Tara: "C-can you just be kissing me now?" - in 'Entropy'

Tara: "Its good to be a chicken casserole." -in 'Answering Darkness' By: Sassette

Tara: "Evil's....good." - in 'Seeing Red' (shooting script)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:45 am 
**Shinnen: Heh ... the recap was necessary ... for me, too *G* It made me remember what the heck happened in AD, 'cuz, y'know, it's been awhile *G* As for what's going to hit the gang next - would it worry anyone if I said I have no idea?

**wizpup: Yeah, I wasn't expecting to start this so soon, either - I was expecting to just kind of write vignettes for awhile. But thank you - I'm really glad you enjoyed AD, and I'm hoping LD will live up to expectations *G*

**mollyig: LOL ... actually, if anyone else picked up on that, no one mentioned it. And yeah, Anya picked that up from Xander, but put her own unique spin on it. Which is why we love her.

**willntlover: Oh, good *G* Because there will very likely be waiting *G* But, I'm happy to have made you happy about the whole sequel thing. Heh.

**OhGroovetasticOne: Oh, wow, thank you. Yes, I feel smug. And kind of ... tingly ;)

**wiltar: Heh ... as soon as possible, but possibly sometime next week.

**zero: And yet more "happy about a sequel" stuff ... *G* Cool *G*

**Willowfan: ROFL ... oh, come on - you could hate it. This sequel could totally suck *G* But thank you - I'm glad you liked the start.

**LeatherQueen: It did ... it snuck up on me, hit me over the head and said, "Hey! You! The Vignettes Series is cute and all, but what about >me

**Autumn: Heh ... glad that was a nice surprise for you. But yes, now I've done it. We'll, uhh ... have to see what happens *G* I have a brilliant epiphany scheduled sometime next month, so for now, I'm just going to stall, stall, stall *G*

**capricornmist: Heh ... thank you, and congratulations on your newfound Extra Flamey-ness *G*

**tiyodragon: Why, thank you. *G* Tangled mess? Definitely. Dishonest? Ehhh.... yes and no ;) It's more of a matter of not wanting to talk about it - but they will. And yeah ... everyone protects Dawn - but she's a kid ... it's pretty much a reflex.

**Grimaldi: Heh ... I love Anya *shrug* But thank you - glad you liked it, and thanks for your patience *G* I really appreciate that.

**Scout: Oh, yes - many dangling strings ... I'll try to address them all, but it's, uhh ... certainly possible I'll just forget about some of them *shrug* And thanks!

**Pixie: Yes, yes it is *G* Nice dance ;) And how could anyone >not< like Willow's naked thoughts? And thank you - I appreciate the attempt at patience ;)

**TX: I wasn't fibbing - I just changed my mind ;) Love you too, and enjoy the Spice Girls ... it's an excellent soundtrack for any fic. Well, any fic by me *G*

-Sass

I Think The Hellmouth Tastes Like Chicken -- Autumn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:56 am 
I really enjoyed Answering Darkness and i bet this one will be just as good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

:bounce I brought my pogo stick just to show her a trick she had so many friends- System Of A Down.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:50 am 
Sass, do my eyes deceive me? :eek a SEQUAL?? WOO and a big ol' HOO!! Oh oh oh, I'm so on this...I haven't read it yet but I saw the thread and I just HAD to check it out. :bounce

mollyig: Great observation! I didn't realize it til you mentioned it.

See Sass, you're such an awesome writer and I'm just SOO excited you have a sequal and this is just so cool and and and... breeeeaaatthhheeee ok...and I'm just gonna shut up now go to lunch and read the prologue...[/font]

Traalaalaaaa :grin

-----------------------------
Tara was similarly riveted, her body on slow burn as Willow's lips parted and her mouth opened, the food slipping inside and being consumed. Never in her life had Tara ever wanted to be a chicken casserole so badly...Later that night..."It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured, before passing out. ~ Answering Darkness by Sassette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:27 pm 
Cool!!!!!!! We got a sequel!!!!!! :D :)

----------------------

'I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad..it's depressing' - Tara

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:33 pm 
This is great! Just got back from lunch and reading the prologue. Sass..need..more...(hehehe) :p

BTW, i know this has nothing to do with but how the heck can I not have that freaking [/font] thing show when I change the font size??

-----------------------------
Tara was similarly riveted, her body on slow burn as Willow's lips parted and her mouth opened, the food slipping inside and being consumed. Never in her life had Tara ever wanted to be a chicken casserole so badly...Later that night..."It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured, before passing out. ~ Answering Darkness by Sassette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:24 pm 
Ha, a sequel! *grabs coke and popcorn*

--

A spell was cast and the sky turned red

The angel's heart froze to ice

The blackness that falls is coming to stay

~ Dissection "Where Dead Angels Lie"

Post subject: oh cool
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:29 pm 
right on... i am racing to finish AD now so that i can read this... excellent excellent!

Cheers

DarkWiccan

Post subject: Re: oh cool
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:35 pm 
You have no idea just how excited I was when I saw that you had posted this..:bounce :bounce :bounce WOO HOO!

Aimee :D

"Pope John Paul today confirmed his opposition to gay marriages, said they're unnatural. Gay marriage is unnatural. Then he put on a pointy hat, his dress, and returned to never having sex at all." -Bill Maher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:05 pm 
Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I'm excited about this new fic? Sass has returned *dum dum dum!*. Does a happy little twirl in the chair and bangs into the computer.

When's the next Sassyday?

Gem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:21 pm 
yes! yes! yes! oh sass... i love you... and the waiting for updates is so not an issue. we got a sequel to AD!

*does a happy dance that is not at all unlike the dance of a muppet*

gosh, now i'm going to have to fawn all day... oh boy!

:love FAWN :love

And so we live to fight another day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:30 pm 
Blimey, Sass, you're just so prolific! This was such a brilliant surprise.

I actually only finished Answering Darkness last night - I've been reading it straight through for a few days now. It was everything I could ever hope for in a fic. It had it all.

I got home tonight mourning the fact that such a great ride had finally come to an end, but knowing your vignettes were just as fulfilling in their own way.

Then I saw Lingering Darkness and couldn't believe my luck. Updating once a week? I can wait that long for Sassy goodness :)

- Em

"They were fluffy indigenous kittens. Until ME came along." - What Willow meant to say in Pangs.

Edited by: BoredNow99 at: 6/5/02 2:31:10 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:49 pm 
Sass, you amaze me and I don't know how you do it. This is just a tease but there are lingering issues. Yes Tara kept that a secret and now, with that great part you posted in the vignette thread we know the sort of thing she went through. I can't wait to read what you have in store for us. I totally understand you are going to take it slower. I will be a patient kitty but know that when you are ready to post new parts, you'll always have this reader waiting :)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Willow and Tara Love

Truly and Forever

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:02 pm 
Sassette just joining the bandwagon and saying how thrilled I am to see the sequel to AD posted so soon. Again I have to say the way you portray/write these characters is so spot on.

Anya mentioning "are they naked" to relieve the tension in the room, Xander being embarrassed with Anya's comment, Dawn feeling guilty and fearful when she hears about Glory, Wesely knowing he has changed (ie less stuffy, gaining actual experience through action instead from just books), but being back in Sunnydale makes him feel like he has reverted to his "old" self, Angel basically being quiet observing the gang, Buffy feeling guilty because she had to be on the "side-lines" instead of being a part of the main action W&T were going through in hell, and W&T both trying to reassure the other that they are safe now, and not to blame was all wonderfully written. Take all the time you need with the updates, and I too can't wait to see what happens next (ie especially when Tara tells Willow the whole story).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:39 pm 
Sass

Yipee! A sequal. This rocks, thank you!

One thing though...Spike helped Willow into hell...but..where is he? Not that I really like Spike or anything, but...

'It's good to be a chicken casserole'-Sass, answering darkness

'My heart is cleverer then I and it knows what to do.'-MC Legends of the Kiss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next