The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Part 14
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:52 pm 
Great update after such a long time. I loved the scene in the rain and Buffy´s reaction. :heart

*lil´c*

Unter den Blinden ist der Einäugige König.

Check this out

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:02 pm 
Rachy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The chapter is fantastic.

First I have to say that you owe me nothing. What has happened in the last few months is because you took hold of your future and started carving your own trail. I'm just lucky enough to be on the hay wagon, along for the ride. I'm proud like anyone that knows you would be.

So many people in this world get lost in fear and shame and you could have easily become another one of them. I will always admire you for your honor and bravery. Welcome home!!!

Now this fantastic update. I have missed your storytelling and am excited to see this return. I had to take a bite out of the metaphor. Sandwiches and cruskety crackers how delicious. I could see Willow struggling to tell them and get her metaphor all planned out in her head. Great image.
Quote:
"Willow!” Sheila cried exasperatedly, “You think you and your friend are a sandwich!” That is not normal behavior for a girl your age!

Don't tell anyone but this happens to make me laugh very hard.

and one more because it fits like two fantastic pieces of a really hard puzzle of Jerusalem.

Quote:
don’t you ever be sorry for being brave enough to love.

Exactly!!!! Love with your whole heart. This chapter was inspired by amazing strength and courage and patience. You waited and this lovely story poured out for all of us to enjoy. Thank you!

Urn of Osiris
Peace is not the absence of conflict; it's the absence of inner conflict. Unknown
When we stand up, we are standing up for everybody. Each of us needs to know, in fact, that we are rainbows in the clouds... for everybody. MAYA ANGELOU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:27 am 
loved the update :)

i'm glad that Buffy didn't freakout when Willow told her, its too bad her parents couldn't be that supportive

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?
Consciousness: that annoying time between naps

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:32 am 
Quote:
“What I am trying to say is that, well, Mom, you and Dad? You are a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, creamy peanut butter and strawberry jam. But me? Well… Tara and I? We are like this crunchy peanut butter and banana sandwich. It might sound gross, but there is no better taste in this entire world”

OMG! :rofl Gotta love Willow hahaha

Nice update Chel!

"Rock my world!" - Gia

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes!" - Somebody

Post subject: Only...Dreams
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:15 pm 
:) Well, love is worth waiting for and apparently that is true for authors! So pleased you have remembered this wonderful story. I hope your next update will be sooner!

I was really getting water logged.

Post subject: Re: Fic: Only in my dreams
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:04 pm 
OK, could I love this fic any more? First of all the author.:flower But the writing is just as incredible. There's something I adore about writing that takes a risk. In fourteen chapters you have built up an emotional intensity that threatens not only Willow and Tara and their new, slightly unsteady love, but us as readers. The way you depict Willow's depression and Tara's guilt, particularly the contrast between their households with the rain, is wonderful. Even after all these months without an update, it was so easy to go back to where we left off. Those feelings; so hard to write, but you give them to us so delicately and believably.

Quote:
At first this had no affect, but the soothing voice and the caressing touch slowly worked their magic. Willow’s hands slipped slowly along the length of Tara’s arms until their hands met. Her flesh creating a barrier between the tender skin and the rippled bark, and suddenly it was just them, a sobbing blonde in the arms of a shaking redhead.
There was something about the imagery here that made me sigh. A whole lot. I loved Willow's way of pulling Tara out of her despair. It's a beautiful scene, Rachy.

And finally, to end on my favourite part.
Quote:
It will be ‘us’, my love. ‘we’. You make me a stronger person, just as I make you a stronger person. We are one. Always and beyond forever.
So very true...:heart

~*@.......We are the weirdest person in the world.......@*~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:49 am 
*Jaw drops...falls off chair*

CHEL!!

I...you...all with... wowsers! :bounce Only In My Dreams is back!! Right...?:|

I LOVE this fic! I've always loved it and and...yay! :flower

Well, let me say...it's been worth the wait. Thank you so much for posting an update. It honestly made my day a bit brighter. :grin

~Holly~ :heart

"I Just Woke Up This Morning, And Hated Everything" Lara Croft - Tomb Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:37 pm 
Ran across this fic when trying to catch up after a week away from the board. Very nice. Like it. :)

Hope you all are readjusting to Wisconsin life. I suddenly wanted to do my moth noise...but realized it doesn't exactly work like that. Damn....lol. Imagine me making the moth noise.

katie

--------
She practically had genuine molded plastic stamped on her ass.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:47 am 
Ran and fell...

Sandwiches???

Maybe being gay is like a sandwich, cause you certain eat a lot.

Sorry I missed church, I was busy becoming a lesbian and worshiping Satan

Bardlet no #27

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:11 pm 
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap

I have fallen in love with this story, it's so sweet and cute! willow and tara's love can withstand anything and it's so pure! i love your writing style! can't wait for the update!

Krystle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:37 pm 
I can't wait to read an update, I started reading it a little while ago, and I realized that there were like NO updates since like July!, I vote for an update, if yer still working on this fic!!! :pray :clap , well, c ya later alligator

:flower ~~**Monkey Luv**~~:flower :dance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow:"I'm a breast gal myself...(quieter, to Tara), but then again, you knew that..." :heart

Tara:"Until I realized that was her yummy face"

Willow: "There's something between us. It-it wasn't something I was looking for. It's just powerful."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:03 am 
Hey there Tara22! Remember me? I've always been a biiiig fan. Well I had to inform you that I am suffering from the lack of updates to this incredible fic.

So I've been re-reading in the middle of the night and the re-reading experience has led me to admire you even more than I already did. You are amazing.

She couldn’t understand how it was possible that her hand could appear exactly the same, when Willow had so clearly changed it. She could feel it in her skin, something new, something that wasn’t there before. It is subtle descriptions like these that are so beautiful and effective in your writing. Seemingly simple but so strong. OMG! I adore it.

You’ve known her for what? A day? And already you have planned out at least three different scenarios, that all end the same way, a confession of undying love, and some seriously raunchy stuff. Oooh la la! A feisty one you are indeed.;)

“do” she said each word between little small kisses “you know how much you drive me crazy?”

Tara was writhing under her touch, ‘oh god!’ she thought, ‘I’ve created a monster… and hell! I love it!’
Umm need I explain why I love this? Because :kiss I :kiss really :kiss do.

Please update this when you can. It is a brilliant piece of work and I, together with all your many fans, are really missing it. Thank you so much!

Ani ohevet otach, a & bf (+34)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:18 pm 
I really like where you're going with this. It's been a while since I've read and suddenly I had the urge to go back and read it again.

Please update soon. :applause :applause

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:32 pm 
:happycry with the rain and the poor tree and the emotion and the love having no gender and defying all boundries. it's an emotional roller coaster ride.. not only for the characters but for the readers as well. i love it. i absolutely adore the emotional levels encoded in the words of your story. wonderful. i applaud you. <333:applause darling, you're fabulous.:pride :luv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:44 am 
Hey Kittens!

Long time no see, I know! You'll have to forgive me for not posting in so long and I am sure you guys thought this fic was as good as gone. I must admit that I did too but thanks to not so subtle nudges from a friend and the departure of my soul mate/love of my life on a 6 week trip, I have made the time to write another chapter. I hope you all like it!

This one is for you sweetie! I hope you're having a wonderful time :flower

So here goes, behold...

Chapter 15

Willow rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, wiping away the sleep and dreams from the night before. Memories came back to her, Tara, her parents, coming out, the rain, telling Buffy. She sat up, trying not to wake the two blondes who were sprawled out on the floor next to her, each in their own little dream worlds. She grabbed her clothes and headed for the hallway.

The house was very quiet as the redhead made her way to the bathroom. She shut the door carefully as she entered.

"Ugh, I look horrible" she said to herself, looking at her ruffled reflection in the mirror.

She practised a few smiles and 'strong with the butch' faces. "Well, no use putting it off any longer" she said with a sigh and began to dress and prepare herself for confrontation part 2.

"Are you sure about this Will?" her girlfriend asked, brows creased with worry.

"I have to Tare, I can't put it off any longer or I'll risk losing them forever and no matter how much my parents may have done things to hurt me or neglect me in some way, I can't lose them. I just can't!"

Tara nodded, "I understand sweetie. I'm right here if you need me" she said patting the seat next to her on the bench that was conveniently placed on the corner of Willow's street. "I'll wait here. Are you sure you don't want me to come in with you?"

The redhead eyed the looming house in front of her. "Yeah, I'm sure. I have to do this one alone."

Her heart raced as she fit the key into the lock.

"Mom? Dad? Are you here?" she called out but there was no response.

She made her way up the staircase to her parent's room wondering if they were still asleep.

On the landing she heard a muffled sob coming from her bedroom, "Mom?" she asked quietly, pushing the door open.

It was indeed her mother and she was in state that Willow had never seen before.

Sheila Rosenberg looked up from her place on the floor as her daughter entered. Her face was streaked with tears and her eyes were bloodshot. It looked as if she hadn't slept the last few nights. She was wearing the same clothes that she had been wearing when Willow had last seen her and they were wrinkled.

"Mom" Willow started, biting her lip, she had no idea she could reduce her mother to this. Her mom, the epitome of grace and fashion, who was calm in most any situation, seemed to be mourning.

Sheila stood up, wiped her tears, and looked at Willow. "Willow...where have you been?"

"I was out. I was with Tara."

At the mention of her girlfriend's name a pained look crossed her mother's face. "You know you're not supposed to go out with friends without telling us."

"Mom" Willow said with exasperation, "you can't pretend nothing happened, cause it did and it's not going to change. Tara isn't just my friend.

She's my girlfriend and I'm sorry if I hurt you but that's not what I had in mind. I didn't plan to fall in love and I certainly didn't plan for it to be with a girl, but she's made my life so amazing. You wouldn't understand."

"No Willow, you wouldn't understand. Look at you, you're not even out of high school but you think you know what is best for you in the long run. Just because someone is paying you attention for the first time in your life doesn't mean you should jump at it. If you would dress a little better, do yourself up a little more, surely you could find a nice guy. You are a pretty girl Willow, you just don't realize it."

"But I don't want a guy Mom. I want Tara. I'm not doing this because I chose to defy you by being with a girl. Not any girl, Mom, just Tara."

Sheila studied her daughter as if seeing her for the first time. Willow had never spoken to her like this before.

"Willow, I know what teen influence is like and how easy it is to fall into the latest fad. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you should too! I've seen it, with those PFLAG meetings, all the mothers tell me the same."

"Mom" Willow said feeling her temper rise, "I don't want to argue about this. I don't know how you can have so much to do with gay organizations and still see it the way you do. I didn't ask you if I could date her and I don't need your permission to be gay, but I would like your blessing. It's my life and this is how it is but I don't want to lose you and Dad. My family means a lot to me..." she trailed off feeling the tears come.

"Look, I'm sorry," she continued, "Where's Dad? Is he home?"

Sheila shook her head, "He went out for some milk. He'll be home soon. You can wait."

She turned to walk out of the room, paused and spoke quietly, "I'm sorry too Willow, but I can't give you my blessing." and with that she was gone, leaving a shaken redhead to sob alone in her room.

Tara was getting restless waiting for Willow to return. She shuffled nervously on the bench, so engrossed in her worries that she didn't notice the man making his way up the street toward her.

"Hello Tara" Ira Rosenberg said, his eyes studying her intensely to the point where she flushed with discomfort, "what brings you here?"

Tara's heart was beating quickly due to the butterflies in her stomach, "waiting for Willow" she managed.

He stood there silently.

"Mind if I sit down for a minute?"

"Er, no, please, sit" Tara said with a nervous smile.

"Look, I know we haven't gotten off on the right foot Tara" Ira started, "I just want you to know that I only want to do what is in Willow's best interest. It's nothing against you. You seem like a very nice girl."

The blonde watched the man, taking in the bags under his tired eyes.

"I understand" she replied and then added, "that's all I want too."

Ira nodded, "Thanks."

"I see you have milk," the blonde continued, wanting to smack herself for making such a stupid statement.

"Yes" he said, "I do and I should go put it in the fridge."

Tara agreed, relieved to see him go.

"I'll tell Willow you're waiting" he said and headed toward his house.

The blonde followed him with her eyes, "Mr. Rosenberg" she called just before he reached the door and he paused.

"I love her and I would do anything in my power to make her happy and keep her safe."

And with a hint of a smile, Ira Rosenberg entered his home.

Willow sat on her bed and looked around the room. This was the place she'd grown up in. She used to know it so well, every crevice and every hidey-hole. The corner by the door was her old secret hideout where she used to play for hours with her stuffed ocelot, Peach. The redhead stood and made her way to the closet. On her toes, she reached for an old and tattered box. She lifted the lid and felt around till she found what she was looking for.

"Peach" she said, bringing the moth-eaten toy to her chest and hugging it.

She made her way swiftly back to the bed and lay down. The once familiar bedroom was now foreign. She didn't know it, didn't feel comfortable in it and feared she never would again.

There were tears trailing down her cheeks as she thought about her life up until that point.

"Willow?"

Willow recognized the voice as her fathers, "Can I come in? Mom said you were up here."

The redhead nodded her acquiesce and heard her father enter and sit on the bed behind her. They stayed like that for quite some time.

Finally her father spoke, his voice filled with pain. Not something Willow thought she had ever heard in him and something she prayed she would never hear again. He spoke as if his soul was shattered and his spirit gone.

"What do you want to do with the rest of your life Willow?"

There was no accusation in the comment and no malice but the disappointment was thick and it made Willow want to cry again.

"I don't know Dad. I... I want to travel... see the world! I mean, I've spent my entire life in one place, you know?" She turned around to face him.

Ira nodded, "and how do you want to go about it? Traveling takes planning and money and skills. Have you thought about your future? Your life career?"

"No, not really, I mean, I kinda know I'd like to go to college and maybe do something with animals or kids but I don't know what. Why?"

He studied his daughter and was taken aback by how grown up she was.

"Willow, the world is filled with different people, some would go so far as to call them strange or freaks, your mother and I have tried so hard to protect you from them because they only cause you pain. People don't like people who are different from them."

The redhead wondered if that was how he saw her.

"There are places in this world that would hang you for being a lesbian Willow. It limits the jobs you can have, places you can stay and people you can associate with. Do you really want that to plague you the rest of your life? "

"First of all, Dad, Mom promotes the PFLAG meetings at school so I wouldn't call that keeping me away from gayness, and Secondly, if endless taunting and abuse is what I'll have to endure to have Tara then, yeah, I guess I do want it. Besides if people really hate someone for the fact that they love someone of the same sex or they do something different, then I don't want to know them anyway."

Ira nodded and touched his daughter's cheek. "If that is what you really want then I can't change your mind."

Willow looked at him with surprise.

"You know we love you, don't you Willow? No matter what happens or how rarely we may tell you. We'll always love you."

Then Ira hugged his daughter, for the first time in a long time. The two of them held on to each other.

"Your Mom will come around Willow. Somehow. We'll both get used to this. Maybe it was a wake up call to point out how badly we function as a family."

The redhead nodded, "I love you guys. I love you Dad."

"There's a certain someone waiting outside for you" Ira reminded his daughter.

"Ohh, yes, it's been over an hour, I have to get back to Tara!" and with that she blew a kiss to her father and ran out of the room.

Ira continued to sit on her bed. He listened as the sound of the front door slamming resonated throughout the house. Then he picked up Peach and began to cry.

“And what flavor Amber fan are YOU?

"Love who you love, just do it with your whole heart." - Urn of Osiris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:16 pm 
Long time no see. :D And finally an update! :bounce Loved it. I´m glad that at least Willow´s father kinda accepts her and Tara´s relationship. :D

*lil´c*

"I am S-E-X-Y" Amber at the FedCon

SweetAmber ~~~ AmberBoard ~~~ Sam´s melody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:43 pm 
:moo Welcome back Rachy!!!:sheep It really has been far toooooooooo long.

I'm so happy to see that you posted this update. I'll admit I had to go back and refresh my memory. (isn't that a joke)

I hope you find the time to give us the conclusion to this beautiful story. Clearly we won't be frustrated and :gnome like some other fics.

I love the scene between Tara and Ira. I think it is so brave of her to express her feelings, not knowing how he will react. There was an akwardness between them that felt very honest.

I hated that Willow's mom left her there to cry. I just can't understand the way the character thinks. She can embrace strangers but not her own flesh and blood. Shame on her.

YAY Ira! for being the supportive father that Willow needed. I don't think she could have survived if he'd reacted like Sheila.

Mwa!!!!!! Thanks for this treat. I got my :dance pants back on.

If that special someone drops in to see the update. :bigwave Hi you!

Urn of OsirisA new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke or worried to death by a frown on the right person's brow. Charles Brower

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:45 pm 
Great chapter. Lots of emotion! Loved it! Now I must go hug my gf and animals. :cry

Love you! Take care and write more soon. We miss you!

:flower

-Mickie

Be happy people. Happy people don't self destruct.
-Cyndi Lauper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:33 am 
WOW !!!! this fic is fantastic...........

~ Sharleen ~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:29 pm 
Ooooh! Update. I read your story a while ago, but I don't think that I left feedback. Glad to see you back here finishing this story. I like what you've done and I hope to read more soon. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:53 pm 
5. Willowhand

good story

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:44 pm 
5. Willowhand

really great fic. i wish it would update though

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7