The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hi Washi
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:21 am 
hey pipsberg,

thanx! :) Yeah, i adore them too and it would be such a waste if they are not going to get back together next season.

Let's hope for the best!

s79

I look at horses and I see really big ponies.

The greatest thing you'll learn, is just to love and be loved in return.

Post subject: Re: Hi Washi
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:21 am 
Yo dude, sorry about the late reply ... traveling is being a bitch on my online life :(

But anyway, this was yet another wonderful update, as always. I really should send you a 'thank you package' for revisiting this because you know I loved TPITPOL but it felt a little rushed...whereas this one explores all those painful feelings you go through with "unrequired love" :) And I can so relate...reading this is like having an intensive therapy session ... hihi

--------------------------

Tinna Karen

-tölvunörd í fyrsta ættlið

Post subject: Well?
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:32 am 
Hey Washi,

Are you still updating this story?

Take care, wilgen.

eta:

Washi, I see you're online. Maybe your willing to answer the question? I miss this story.

Thanks a lot, wilgen.

And again eta:

God, I'm sorry I just read thread: "Read this - About Posting Replies about thread bumping".

I apologize if I offended anyone and stop doing it.

I'm just curious if some terrific stories will continue.

Edited by: wilgen at: 6/26/04 4:27 am

Post subject: Re: Well?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:22 am 
Hey wilgen and all other kittens who are enjoying this fic!

Yes, I will update this fic, for sure. I plan on finishing all my fics, and starting a bunch more. But, at the moment, I'm moving my sites from server to server, and putting up new automated galleries for the T7S site. The automated galleries are a bitch to set up, because you need to kayword every picture so that the visitor can automatically find the pics they're looking for. And, I'm making a new layout, etc...

I know this isn't your problem, lol, but I have been focusing on this fandom way more than on the T7S one, and now, I need to focus on making the site. I hope you all can get it.

Also, my depression-like feelings are making me write poetry now, which you can find in the Inward Eye. I shall update as soon as I'm done with these galleries, if my muse wants to update this one before DC.

Sorry for the rant. :lol

-------------------

"See? I've mastered this tact crap." Anya in Tears Of The Goddess by Lisa

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

.:Dark-bliss.net :. .:Blink.Flash.Sparkle.:. .:My blog:. .:Blood and Ink:. .:Washi's 70s Site:.

Post subject: Good luck
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:50 am 
Hi Washi,

Thank you for answering. Good luck with the moving.

wilgen.

Post subject: Re: Good luck
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:25 am 
:tear Poor Willow and Tara. And poor you! With the whole moving deal. Stressful. :tear

Good luck to you, and continue as soon as you can! This is great.

Sincerely,

:flower BWR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:48 pm 
i had started reading the first version, quite some time ago so i don't really remember what's really new or not, but gosh Wash, you're gonna kill Willow out of pain! your words make me feel exactly how she feels, you're incredible!

i love this fic, hope you'll be able to update soon!

take care

jen:fallen

There is such a variety of well-invented things that the earth is like the breasts of a woman: useful as well as pleasing - Nietzsche

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:40 pm 
Hey all,

I know it's been a while, and to be honest, I haven't even had time to write an update, but I will... soon. I promise to finish this story, as well as all my others. I'll hopefully have something up in the next couple of weeks. :D

Thanks for the support!

-------------------

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

.:Dark-bliss.net :. .:Blink.Flash.Sparkle.:. .:My blog:. .:Blood and Ink:. .:Washi's 70s Site:.

Post subject: And.... update!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:01 am 
TITLE: Here Without You part 8a/?

AUTHOR: Washi (ZWS)

RATING: R, I think for implied sex, although some steamy scenes are planned.

DISCLAIMER: I don’t own the characters, Joss does or whoever. If I owned them, do you really think I would let season 6 happen? And why the hell would I be writing this?

So yeah, all belongs to Joss, ME etc...

The lyrics in this piece are owned by their respective owners.

SPOILERS: None, this is AU. It’s set in Sunnydale, but without the whole Hellmouth thingy.

TIMELINE and NOTES: Willow is about 23, Tara is 24, etc…

I read two kickass fics about Willow being in love and Tara being unsure, which are ‘Beholden’ by cinderlust and ‘The Heart Rules the Mind’ by DarkWiccan. Since both these fics aren’t finished, I thought I’d try to write about it.

Also, this fic contains angst, the road to an endless love contains a heartbreak in general.

This is also a way for me to exorcise my own inner demons.

I also hope my music taste doesn’t make people flinch.

Don’t worry, still working on the ‘Sex Journals’, but I needed to get this out of my system.

Do I need to tell you how this ends? Didn’t think so.

Finally, this fic is pretty much written already. I'm just working on the last chapters.

FEEDBACK: I love it, I live for it, either here or by email, although here is better.

ARCHIVE: Wherever, just let me know first.

DEDICATION: This is for Yel and all the people who ever fell in love with their best friends, and who suffered through a love that’s not returned.

Many thanks to Charlie for, well, the small beta and the ego boost. :grin

Thoughts are in < >, flashbacks in italics, and lyrics in bold.

There's no me without you

There's no meaning to life without you

Tell me why should I care 'bout doing my hair

When I can't stop the thinking about you

There's no moon without you

There's no Saturday nights without you

There's no walk through the park

No beat in my heart

No I love you, No I can't live without you

Tony Braxton

I have lain in my bed,

Half asleep, half awaken,

For countless days, countless nights,

As my thoughts ran away and fled,

And towards you they took flight.

I have lain in my bed,

Shedding tears of pain, tears of regret,

As I understood the life I was to live,

And why in love I shouldn't believe.

I have lain in my bed,

My eyes unseeing ahead,

Watching my lonely future unfold,

With no one to love, to cherish, to hold.

I have lain in my bed,

Thinking of the words that should have been said,

Of the way life would be,

If you were in love with me.

I lay here in bed,

Thinking of how my heart has bled,

Of the pain I've been feeling for so long,

Of the reasons why I should stay,

And here I lay in bed, for another painful day.

Willow put the final dot on the poem she had been writing and looked over it again. As she was sitting, working on one of her sites, she had been inspired to write something, anything that would alleviate her pain. As she looked over the words she had scribbled on the piece of paper, she knew that nothing could do that. Writing it on paper just made it more tangible, more real. The words had flown from her pen, as if a river of pain was contained in it, and she was somewhat surprised at the result, though a bit worried.

she thought to herself.

Suicidal thoughts had been swirling in her head, and it had made her see how depressed she was becoming. Days and nights looked the same, except that she could cry at night. Nothing had any taste, nothing filled her with joy. Writing and working on her sites were just a way to pass the time, to make everything end faster. She felt herself sinking, and she didn't know how to get to the surface, how to beat this black veil that was making her see nothing but gloom and despair.

She sighed and looked at the paper she had scribbled on again. She got up and got her wallet, tucking the piece of paper neatly into one of the spare pockets. Feeling fatigued, she sat down on the edge of the bed, her hands still holding the purse tightly. She leaned forward a bit and dangled her arms slightly between her knees. Her head was bowed, her lips full and her eyes lost.

"Hey Red, trying to achieve the perfect picture of despair? You know what happens when you do that." Faith said, walking briskly into her friend's room. The sight of her friend's bowed head and hopeless posture had made her feel sad, but she couldn't let the sadness take over.

Willow looked up wearily at the brunette and raised a tired hand to rub her eyes. She looked up at Faith and tried to smile. "No, what's that?"

The brunette smiled devilishly and straddled Willow's legs.

"Whoa, Faith, you know I don't like you that way!" Willow tried to protest.

"Eww! I was thinking..." she paused to let the tension mount slightly before yelling "Tickle fight!"

Willow tried squirming away but the brunette was too strong for her. After wrestling a bit on the mattress, Willow finally managed to get up, laughter still evident on her face. She wiped her eyes and took a deep breath. Faith meanwhile was staring at her.

Faith though.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" Willow asked self-consciously.

"No, it's just that I missed your laugh. It's been such a long time since I heard it." Faith replied, her honesty blinding.

Willow's face quickly dropped again and she sat down on the bed quietly, her head tilted downwards.

Faith got up slowly to sit next to the redhead and wrap an arm around Willow's shoulder, holding her as the redhead started crying. For many minutes Willow's tears soaked the dark fabric of Faith's shirt, but Faith stayed still, stayed silent. She knew words would do nothing at that moment but make the redhead even more depressed. Sentences like 'everything will be okay' or 'you'll find someone' meant nothing when they should. They were just words people threw around in times of heartache to cheer the person up, but did it really work? Faith knew they didn't, knew it from experience. She knew those sentences, knew every single nuance of the spoken words, and all they did was break her heart repeatedly. When she saw a friend of hers who was finally happy in a relationship and she'd say 'I'm happy for you, you deserve it', her friend's reply 'You deserve love too' only made her bitter.

But she smiled and said nothing. Said nothing because she knew deep inside, under her mask, her shell that finding love was a possibility, one she hadn't tried yet, that is until Buffy Summers. It was strange to Faith to feel something she had, up until then, only seen in movies, and in other people's lives. She used to scoff when people mentioned quickening heart beats or how the world would move in slow-motion when they saw their loved ones.

she thought,

But the world slowed down, swam and shimmered when Buffy walked into a room. And her heart, the little soldier, chose that time to make its presence known. And, every time Buffy went home after a night at the Bronze, her heart would break, implode in a million fragments that only Buffy herself could fuse back together.

And so, she let Willow cry, in silence.

After a while, Willow finally raised her head from Faith's shoulder and uttered a thank you, her face darkening with blood. She wiped her face with the sleeves of her shirt, and to Faith, she looked exactly like a child who was in pain. A red-haired version of herself. Less wild, of course, but similar.

"Don't be embarrassed." Faith quietly spoke.

Willow bowed her head and replied softly, self-reproach tinting her words. "I cried all over your shirt. I look like an idiot, like a kid. I should be embarrassed."

"No. Not with me. Don't be ashamed to have feelings."

Willow raised her head and a crooked smile slowly appeared on her face. "Okay," she paused..."mommy."

"God, I screwed myself with that one, didn't I?" Faith said, sighing deeply.

"Yep, but your secret's safe with me."

"It better freakin' be. Or I'm gonna kick so much ass! Now, you, get showered and dressed, we're going out tonight. Some booze and dancing will make us feel better." the brunette said, getting up.

“I… I can’t. I have, um, work, yep work to do.” Willow quickly replied.

“Work, huh? You’ll do that tomorrow morning.”

“No, I… I have work, of the non-paying kind. I have my own websites to update and maintain. And, then, I have some fan fiction to write. Something angsty, to make people feel as bad as I do.”

“You write fan fiction?! How old are you? Ten?”

Willow huffed indignantly. “I’ll have you know that many intelligent and mature people write fan fiction. The difference is the way it’s written, and the character portrayal. And the themes. That’s what distinguishes good fics from bad fics. Cause some are just… bad! And, I think mine are pretty good, not as good as some others of course, but good. And my readers are waiting for an update. See, I have this one fic that I must finish. Tonight.”

“No, you’re going to this hot gay club, to get drunk, with me.”

"Yeah, ‘cause that worked so well the first time." Willow replied with unusual sarcasm.

"Ouch Red, that hurt. Get ready, we move in twenty. At least seeing you get drunk is better than this. And, who knows, you might have fun." Faith replied before walking out of the redhead's room.

"Doubtful. Very doubtful." Willow muttered before sighing and moving to the bathroom.

TBC...

-------------------

Post subject: Re: And.... update!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:15 pm 
(I would also like to thank Charlie, it's about time Washi updated.)

Washi,

Wonderful update, as usual. This update is another reason why I think Faith and Willow need each others friendship. Loved Faith's introspection about Buffy as Willow wept on her shoulder. Very sad (which is the angle I know you were going for). All isn't lost though, I know that much and hopefully Willow and Faith will start to believe as well.

Thanks for the update.

Yvonne:peace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:39 pm 
Willow drunk? Now that should be interesting....Of course we got a glimpse of it during Season 4....Faith drunk should be even better.

Willow's poem - did you write that yourself? It was pretty cool, helped to set the mood for the rest of story. And you presented Willow with some deep thoughts. A lot of people - must actually don't give her that kinda depth. Its all surface stuff or just under a few thin layers. It's good to see someone taking a new angle on the character....

Now, on a more general note, why do AUs pair Faith and Willow together as friends? Just curious as to how you felt about that.....

ladydameon

----------------

Goddess of Violence

Post subject: My readers are waiting for an update
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:00 pm 
Oh my...I thought I was gonna die! That was too frickin funny. Willow writing fanfic and her readers were waiting for an update. :rofl

I think I resemble that remark.

Way to pick me up after all the angst otherwise. Willow just needs perk up, even just a little bit would be nice. Loved how Faith understood and is now getting her up and out. But her poor readers will have to wait for their update. I hate when that happens. :wink

How 'bout some more soon K?

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~ Tara

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:27 pm 
"Don't be embarrassed." Faith quietly spoke.

Willow bowed her head and replied softly, self-reproach tinting her words. "I cried all over your shirt. I look like an idiot, like a kid. I should be embarrassed."

"No. Not with me. Don't be ashamed to have feelings."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

wow.. faith is so sweet in your fic. i really like it how her and willow are friends.. its different

keep it up!:p

-Kelsey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:10 am 
I need to read it again!!!....I'll edit it tomorrow!....:blush :blush ....please forgive me :blush :blush

Love ya....do you still love me? :flirt :flirt

:peace :heart

M.

Edited: As I promised....editing it:P

I re-read everything....dude...it's freaking awesome!!!! I liked it how W and T said almost the same sentence and listened to the same song:) Now Tara sleeping in Willow's bed....*sighs... that is sooo cool....:) I love it I love it I love it!!! And I want more!!!!! :P

Thanks! Great Job:)

Love ya:)

Edited by: YMKA at: 10/12/04 5:41 pm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:03 pm 
I just found this story, and I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to read more.

And am I the only one wondering what show Will is writing fic for? Just curious.

She danced as they say in that song - like a wave on the ocean.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:35 am 
That was so frigging great :D . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

Post subject: Bada Bing!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:57 am 
Washi:

Once again you have hit the nail on the head of despair with perfect accuracy.

Well done!

I look forward to your next update. And btw what sort of fic does Willow write? ;)

Cheers

DW :pride

Post subject: Re: Bada Bing!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:50 pm 
You told me to look for some of your other fics so I did and wow!! I love this one. Its so dark but I love it!! More please

~Amanda

Post subject: Re: Bada Bing!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:55 pm 
Has anyone attempted to figure out the actual angst level for this story... I'm certain it's extremely high. The torture will make the resolution so much sweeter. You're awesome :bow .

behindhereyes

Kim

"To the world, you may be one person; but to one person, you may be the world"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:17 pm 
You know, I really love that poem. It brings tears to my eyes everytime I read it. It also makes me sad that [someone] has to go through that.

And it fits so perfectly within this update. It's so descriptive-the angst just bleeds from it... exactly what I think Willow is going through.

I also love seeing more from Faith through this revision. Buffy and Faith falling in love is "accepted" I guess, on this board, because we think we know them from watching the show. Authors often "forget" to introduce them to us readers because of that fact, and so their unions are often quick to happen and unexplained. I love that you are giving us a reason why Buffy should love Faith, and vice versa (if that makes sense).

x Tinna Karen

"You're not gonna jokey-rhyme your way outta this one." - Willow in Pangs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:31 am 
Great update :read

Post subject: Re: TPITPOL revisited: Here without you
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:04 am 
19. Yummy Face

Washi~~

When are we going to see an update on this one? I'm hooked now and I need a fix.

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:58 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Poor... well, both of them. I'd have Tara freak out and decide that she couldn't wait for a month and fly to San Fran and find her...

'course, I'm a hopeless romantic.

You are a goddess. :bow

Update. Now please?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:00 pm 
3. Flaming O

I havent started reading your thread but when you said 3 doors down song reference I know i going to love this. they are a great band and that song is so great. Now on to read your story.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:53 am 
5. Willowhand

I remember this fic. OH your going to continue it? Good to know. Cant wait to read more.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:10 pm 
3. Flaming O

Now I read it I hope you will update it. PS I was so right in my assumption this is a great fiction. Please please update.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:37 pm 
3. Flaming O

wow, so just my luck, I come across this two years too late.. lol. I was dreading reaching the end because this is so good, and since I haven't had the privilege of reading the first version (if I assumed correctly from other kittens' posts, this was a rewrite..?) I'm currently all sad that there's no more.. :sob

"So if you care to find me, look to the Western sky.. as someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly..."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:54 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

This is the first time I've read this fic. It's very fic-y with the "we all know how it's going to end" type of thing. It's unfortunate the real world doesn't work that way. I guess that's why fanfic and w/t fic is so popular. We all like to escape into something safe.

The writing is great. I'm just having a "pause and reflect on life moment' and feel like sharing it with all the kittens and since the fic is dedicated to those who have experience unrequited love. It's a painful emotional experience when one falls for their best friend who is in the "real world" very straight and you have to watch on the sidelines as they date one disaster of a guy after another. And we all can't be as cute as Willow. Oh don't get me wrong, I'm happy now with someone who I love and they love me back. But thinking back, the "love of my life" will always be in my heart. And it's funny when you see her again after years and still have that feeling for her (or who she was) even though you are no longer in love with her (the person she is now). But at one stage of your life, she was everything and you would give everything and anything to have her love you back if only for a moment in time.

Life's funny that way.

"She's my everything"
"When I think of [Willow and Tara] doing a spell, I sort of do a spell by myself." - Xander in Restless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:13 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Can't wait for the update-y goodness!!!!!!! I love this story!!!!! ;-) :blush

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:16 pm 
5. Willowhand

Update??? Rly good story, i love it!

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next