The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: This is so cool
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:16 pm 
Great update, Sass!! God, gettin a dollar from people is to damn hard! But Tara finally managed it! All that struggle gettin the dollar was well payed off in the end w/ the Training Room goodness! Can't wait 4 ur next update! :)

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.
Tara: I said quirky.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:43 pm 
cool chapter :grin

Tara trying to get a dollar so she could spend time with Miss Willow was funny. wonder what jonathan's spell is going to do

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!

Fucking Windows 98, get Bill Gates in here!

2nd place??? That's just a fancy term for loser!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:49 pm 
Deputy Tara. See, you have to love that. This is so much fun, Sassette. I love how Anya was all over the money; I could see the look on Tara's poor face.

And Dawn...your Dawn is excellent. She's such a clued up kid, despite having Buffy for an older sister. :lol

----------
"The only thing going for me -
were those moments - just
moments - when Tara would look at
me and I was wonderful."

Post subject: Your Replies
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:44 pm 
Replies to part 2

**xita: Oh, yeah ... I was definitely thinking that when I wrote that line ... they're dorks to the core, and nothing will ever change that. And I'm sure Tara will appreciate your ten dollar donation *G* And yeah - I'm bearing in mind what happened with the nerds on the show, and trying to take them in a slightly different direction. Like, y'know, not making one a murderer and then letting the other two off scott free.

**Jennpurr: That's exactly how I felt about them - I thought they were funny, if horribly pathetic, until the Katrina thing ... then they just turned my stomach. And yeah - part of my fun writing this fic was sitting around thinking ... okay ... what would everyone dress up as for Halloween? And thank-you ... I'm rather fond of the word 'ornery' *G*

**MissQuirky: Heh... I had a lot of fun writing the back room scene with W/T ... poor Tara *G* But yeah - the nerds are completely childish, and behave so - they're actually surprisingly fun to write. Not that I'm going to do that often, mind you ... but in the context of >this< fic, I'm having fun with it.

**Miss1234Kitty: Gee ... I don't know ... but, really, with all the sheer quantity of fic on the board, it's really easy to miss threads - I know I'm probably missing quite a lot. But thank you - I'm glad you're liking it so far ... and no, Willow won't be changing outfits anytime soon. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate lack of dollars - I hear the exchange rate pounds to dollars is good, though *G* As for the spell ... I never really liked Willow doing something so very selfish and wrong. *shrug*

**miss calendar: Heh ... thank you - I'm certainly having a lot of fun writing it *G* Glad that your loathing of the nerds isn't driving you away ... I have to admit, I pretty much feel the same way about them ... they're just too ideal for what I want to do in this fic to pass them up, though.

**Imperfectly Me: And I'm just going to sit here, go about my business, and try not to think about that one too hard ;)

**TromDeGrey: Oh, yeah ... the proactive karma aspects are going to be my favorites to write - I just know it. And really, I just adored doing the saloon-girl/gunslinger thing with W/T. And no worries ... I've gone away for a bit writing this several times myself ;)

**NewRuthRising: Well, no, not recently. Ummm ... unless you're counting the post I'm responding to, in which case, yes ... yes, you have *G* And you're not a bad person - and feel free to share vacation stories anytime you'd like.

Replies to part 3

**tiredsoul: Heh ... thank you *G* I honestly kept cracking myself up as I was writing this ... it's kind of a nice change for me to write something that's really supposed to be completely silly and completely cheesy. As for what the spell is - everything you really need to figure it out should e there ... but it will be spelled out (no pun intended) in the next update.

**mollyig: Well - desperate times call for desperate measues ... and Tara was definitely desperate. And, well, still is, really - that darn spell kind of interrupted them. And of course the nerds are annoying - that's part of their lack of charm *G* Warren's time machine may or may not play a small or large part in this or subsequent stories in the same series. As for what Jonathon's done ... it will all be made crystal clear next update. And yeah - I kind of liked the drawl *G*

**LeatherQueen: Heh ... thanks *G* And Tara trying to get some money is likely to be a running gag in this whole thing ... in fact, I find her quest for a dollar much more compelling than the original plotline, so I'm going to spend as much time with it as humanly possible *G* Hee ... "tarnation" ... *G*.

**nika: Why, thank you *G* And I don't know - because yeah, cowgirls and saloon-dancers are much more fun ;) And thanks... I find the trio disturbingly easy to write *G*

**Puff: Heh ... thanks. And not exactly 'Tabula Rasa' ... but similar concept ... but yeah ... Jonathon is definitely Spiderman. And, well, after all that hard work, she >deserved< a dollar.

**MissQuirky: Well, y'know, it's always hardest to get a dollar when you really REALLY need one. Heh ... and thank you ... I'll be writing more of this as soon as I can manage juggling my other stuff *G*

**Grimaldi: Heh ... thanks *G* And really - if you were Tara, wouldn't you do everything you possibly could do get a dollar? And fast? As for Jonathon's spell ... all will be made very clear very soon. Well, as soon as I post the next part.

**tommo: *snicker* "Deputy Tara" indeed. Honestly, when I was trying to go to sleep last night, I kept thinking "Deputy Tara", and I'd just start laughing - I'm sure my roommate was wondering what the heck was going on. And I'm glad you like it ... gosh knows it's a ton of fun for me *G* And yeah - just the idea of Anya completely not understanding the correct response to "Hey - can I borrow a dollar" had me cracking up ... and poor, poor Tara. And thanks. I rather like Dawn when she's not all Shiny McWhiny (which is usually never, but whatever *G*) ... and I love the idea of her being more 'clued in' than Buffy *G*

-Sass

Post subject: Re: Recycled Series - Masquerade Part 3
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:42 pm 
Oh Sassette I really enjoyed this part, and kept cracking-up over Tara's attempts to attain that elusive dollar! I again have to say I just love how you write/portray Anya, with her reaction/not quite grasping the idea of "borrowing" (ie without making a profit) was so spot on. I am also enjoying Dawn in this story, and poor Tara wanting to borrow her "tip", but at the same time her feelings for her "little sister" (as well as Dawn's enthusiasm of Dave putting his phone number on the bill), preventing Tara from taking "advantage" of Dawn/her good mood.

Glad Tara finally found some "relief" in Xander (ie buying the soda/being able to keep the change), and I love how Tara justified "a little stop at her red-headed Quickie-Mart" ;) in the Magic Box by thinking, ("Besides- Anya heartily approved of the exchange of money for goods and services in her shop."), :lol .

Lastly, drat for sulfur/yellow smoke interrupting W&T when the "action" was about to heat up (especially after all the trouble Tara went through to pay for some "service" ;) ), and with a hint of some of the effects the spell had on the gang, can't what to see the "bigger picture" in the next part!

Post subject: Wow!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:54 pm 
That whole thing where she was trying to find the dollar... I read parts aloud to my friends on the phone to explain my bizarre and excessive laughter. (I confess! You take precedence over phone conversations!)

Post subject: Re: Wow!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:16 pm 
Hee... I'll agree with LQ. Willow using the word, tarnation!! LMAO!!! :lol I loved that, Sass. Okay, this just goes to show that I love cartoons, but... hearing her say that, I can't help but hear Yosemite Sam in my head. "Where in tarnation...." :rollin

All the stuff Tara went through to get a dollar. :lol It payed off in the end though. WOW... I think my heart was beating as fast as Willow's, once she walked into the training room. :drool

Oh no. What has Jonathon done? Doesn't sound good. Especially considering that there are two Spike's running around out there now, right?? That is so not good. I hope everything will be okay with that.

I think the funniest thing though, is Xander becoming Giles. OMG... that is so hillarious! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Thank you, Sass. I'll try to wait patiently for more. On this and Lingering Darkness. ;)

Jen

- - - - -

"Dude... I have an action figure?" Amber Benson
|My Fan Fiction and More|"Nobody messes with my girl." Tara

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:41 pm 
Tara tried to borrow money from Anya *tee hee*. Surely she would know better than that! I am loving this fic already. Anything written by Sass with skimpy costumes is ALWAYS good.

:thud in anticipation

Gem

Tara: There's just so much to work through... and can you just be kissing me now?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:34 am 
Ok, so like Tara having to explain this cracked me up:
Quote:
"I swear," Tara said with utmost sincerity. "It's a human thing - we give our friends teeny tiny little loans at no interest all the time."
And Dawn. Always a kitten. ;)

Gee this is like a kabillion more times fun than the real episode. Thanks.

Autumn

-----------

Buffy Season 6: It grated, like something forced in where it doesn't belong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:10 pm 
you know what this story is? Love, trust and pixie dust, and blow me to hell for bein' a liar if I say I don't love it. Are you sure you aren't using magic, coz I gotta say, I'm definately under your spell. ;)

ruth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I get the distinct impression that none of us are as cool as we think we are. Hm. - Tommo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:38 pm 
Oh dear lord! I love it!

I can almost hear Tara's voice ... "Miss Willah" LOL

JD

Dude, and you actually used the word "tarnation" in a fic! You are a goddess! Only a mighty deity can pull that off.

"Was there a voice unkind in the back of your mind saying, "maybe..." (Jeff Buckley - The Last Goodbye)

Post subject: No Update, Just Replies
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:16 pm 
Quick note to say that I >will< finish this story, but I think I'll probably write the rest of it and post it all at once rather than doing the serial format. Between LD, the vignette series and a few other writing projects on my plate, I'm strapped for time, and I kind of want to take a little of the pressure off. I don't know WHEN I'll have it done, but again, this will be finished, the wackiness shall ensue, and three nerds we all hate will get what's coming to them.

**VampNo12: Why, thank you. I don't know why, but I just find the idea of Tara trying to track down a dollar so she can have a quickie with Willow to be a really compelling plotline ;) Oh, wait - I know why *G* It's because I'm very very twisted ... but, y'know, in a really shiny happy way. But I'm glad you liked it - and yeah, those nerds are going to be causing lots and lots of problems. Smarmy little bastards *G*

**Bookcat: LOL! Woo-Hoo! I beat the phone! Infernal device ... *shakes her fist and mutters at the phone* Oh, sorry ... I have ... phone issues *G* I'm really glad you liked it.

**Jennpurr: HeeHee ... I love getting points for vocab *G* And that training room scene got your heart pumping? *G* Gee ... I wonder what would happen i I wrote a scene where they actually had sex ... And Jonathon - poor misguided little guy, wanting to be a hero *sigh* As for two Spike's ... really - how could one little town be big enough for TWO Spike's? Thank you - I'm really glad you like it so far. I have the whole thing all planned out in my head - it's just finding time to type it out that's killing me right now.

**Miss1234Kitty: Oh, sure - Tara knows better ... but desperate times call for desperate measures. But thank you - I promise the skimpiness of the costumes shall continue.

**Autumn: Heh ... that pretty much cracked me up, too ... I could just imagine Tara's earnest expression and Anya's confused look back. *G* And yes - I consider Dawn to be a total kitten - which is why I love her when she's not screaming for people to get OUT! And thank you ... I'm pretty much prefering my Halloween episode, too.

**NewRuthRising: Oh, gosh - thank you *G* It's like this story is Peter Pan all of a sudden ;) And I'm glad you love it - but no, I'm not actually using any magic. I promise. Just MS Word.

**jdcioffi: Oh, yes ... Tara ... drawling ... Mmmm... Oh, sorry. I, uhh... went away there for a bit *G* And thank you - tarnation and I are old friends, and so I try to use 'tarnation' in a fic as often as possible. Which, of course, would mean that this is the first time ever ;)

-Sass

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:47 am 
Sass as always your fics are the best! I was killing myself reading this! :grin

My favourite line: "Dawn … that's a phone number," Tara said slowly, her ship of hopes dashed against the rocks of poverty in the stormy seas of sexual frustration."

Your imagery is excellent! I also love how Willow was holding out for the dollar and how Tara was actually asking everyone for the money. This is also why I always carry cash - never know when someone may "need" it! :grin

Can't wait for an update whenever you get a chance. My you are prolific aren't you?

You're the best!

kath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:55 am 
Missed that update, but it was great. I know everyone has said this, but I just liked Tara trying to get her dollar so much. Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for this one.

"She and Willow are both witches. They do spells and stuff, which is so much cooler than slaying. I told Mom one time I wished they'd teach me some of the things they do together. A-and then she got really quiet and made me go upstairs."--Dawn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:01 am 
Hey Sass you have no complaints from me about wanting to post the story all at once. I'm also impressed that you manage to find enough time to write one story let alone three so I can be patient. Ok I can try and be patient :D

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

Post subject: Re: No Update, Just Replies
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:22 pm 
Quote:
**Jennpurr: HeeHee ... I love getting points for vocab *G*

Hee... well you definitely received a 100 for vocab. "Tarnation." :lol I can still hear her saying that. So funny. Please tell me she will saw it at least one more time?
Quote:
And that training room scene got your heart pumping? *G* Gee ... I wonder what would happen i I wrote a scene where they actually had sex ...

Yes, it got my heart pumping. So yummy. :drool Hmmm... if you wrote a scene where they actually had sex, I think you would have some very grateful kittens, my dear. :thud Please??

Quote:
And Jonathon - poor misguided little guy, wanting to be a hero *sigh*

Ugh! That's all I have to say about him!

Quote:
As for two Spike's ... really - how could one little town be big enough for TWO Spike's?

Good question and it's very scary to think about. I just hope Andrew doesn't turn into Spike, since he's dressed as him. *shudders*

Quote:
Thank you - I'm really glad you like it so far. I have the whole thing all planned out in my head - it's just finding time to type it out that's killing me right now.

You are very welcome. :kiss Thank YOU.

There will be more soon, right? Please?? :pray Need more Sass Updatey goodness. OH... and need more Cowboy Tara. Yum! :drool

Thanks, girl,

Jen

"They keep telling me how wonderful make-up sex is." Willow ran her tongue over Tara's lips. "Insisting really." ~ Willow from, "Milestones: Chapter 14," by Lisa Countryman

"I've become really protective of her. I want to make sure if Tara comes back, it's for good reason." ~ Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:44 pm 
Oh my lord! Willow in that outfit! :thud Oh my, Tara is so insanely lucky.........oohhhhhhh...... :thud

Very much enjoying this. It's nice and upbeat. Thank yous!

-LC

~*~

RealLiveTara is my RealLiveGirlfriend! *swoons*

"It doesn't have to be a really frenchish french, I just wanna feel your tongue."- my girlfriend last night.

"I don't wanna come out of the closet. All my clothes are in there!" -Me

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:30 pm 
*GONG!!!!*

Hee.... :evil

Jen

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chiana: (after taking Nashdon pills) Yes, your honor, yes I have questions for the witness. Yes I do, oh, oh, I definitely do, oh I definitely, definitely do. Did I say I did, because I do.

Edited by: Jennpurr at: 5/11/03 4:31:39 pm

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:25 pm 
Oh, geeeeze ... I don't believe this. I've been gonged.

Okay - bzengo, Jennpurr ... do you want an update (which I might be able to manage tonight), or the whole story all at once, which I should be able to swing within the next couple of weeks?

And yes, it's been six months ... I'm >extremely< sorry about that ... I've spent most of that time without my own computer, and now that my computer is all set, I don't have 'net access. I really only stopped updating this because I was told that the 'momentum' of the story was kinda' lost by posting it in parts, but if you really don't care about that, I'll be more than happy to deliver up an update.

-Sass

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:48 pm 
:hmm A couple of weeks, or tonight? :hmm

Hee... Well, we've waited patiently for this long, I don't see what a couple more weeks would hurt, especially if it's going to be the rest of the story. :grin I love reading things all at once.

I'm willing to wait. It's up to you, Sass.

Sorry about gonging you. I just couldn't resist, sweetie. :kiss

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chiana: (after taking Nashdon pills) Yes, your honor, yes I have questions for the witness. Yes I do, oh, oh, I definitely do, oh I definitely, definitely do. Did I say I did, because I do.

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:54 pm 
yes please update :applause

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:25 pm 
*Walks up slowly behind, Sass and...

*GONG!!!*

Hee... We love you, Sass!! :kiss

Take your time, Sweetie. I just felt like being a smart-ass! :bigkiss

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:25 am 
hullo...

uhm.. just wanted to let you know how much i'm enjoying this story...

::glances at watch, checks calendar, makes sure the one dollar bills are ready::

update coming soon... yes?

-robbie

::fifty bucks worth of one dollar bills ready and waiting::

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:15 pm 
Well...I'm new to kitten board, recent member...YAY!!! and I've been pretty much researching and reading wonderful stories, such as this one, and well...PLEASE CONTINUE WITH THIS FIC!!! It's really good and how can you just leave it like this? :sob I am a big fan of your vignettes...especially the bets between Willow and Tara...good one. :bow :bow SOOOO please, wont you please update. :pray I'll send you a cyber cookie!!! :party Looking foward to your update...I HOPE.:luv

Edited by: Irene73 at: 9/15/04 7:18 pm

Post subject: Re: Fic: Recycled Series
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:48 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Wow...this fic is getting the literal six-year bump. I am addicted to Sassette fic...For all of you newbies like me who haven't read the completed fic Answering Darkness (I have now, so I'm not such a newb, lol) get to it! And Sassette, if you'll please hear my plea, return to Miss Willow and Deputy Tara! Damn that Geek Trio, she'd just gotten the dollar and there was gonna be lovin' and now...no lovin'. So sad. This is fun, I hope you'll finish it someday. I love that Buffy is left as the one unchanged observer, and Xander as Giles....LOL LOL

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."