The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mandy's Stories
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:20 am 
Hi, guys! Glad you liked this part, 'cause it was loads of fun to write. I used to love the Smurfs when I was a kid, so I was getting all nostalgic and stuff. :D

sam darls: Glad you loved this part, dude. Smurfs rock! :lol

Crawy: Howdy! Glad you're lovin' the fic! I promise more in the near future. :)

shadowygirl: Aww... thanks for the kind words. You rock! :)

TemperedCynic: Hey, TC! Yeah, most people who've watched the Smurfs have wondered these exact questions. I didn't really think about it until I was older, but I thought it'd be funny to hear an adult explain it to two cute little kids like Will and Tara. :lol

Emily First: I'm glad me and tiny Willow and Tara could help brighten your day! And I hope you're having a much better week. :)

jaycatt23: I love Miss Kitty and Nanna Rosenberg, too! I so wanted to have Nanna be this ultra cool grandma that's all hip and stuff, hence the webdesigning course! I so wish my grandma was cool like that. My grandma can barely figure out how to turn the tv on. :lol

Taras Shadow: You are so cool, Holly! *hugs!* You always have such sweet things to say, and it always encourages me to keep writing. You rock! :love Aww... and thanks for being my number one fan! Actually, I don't deserve the fan club, 'cause I think it should be a Little Tara and Wee Willow fanclub! They're the one who are all cute and cuddly. :lol

Still Waters T: Awww... thanks so much for your sweet comments! Ooh, when I was writing the scene with the evil kid, I wanted to have Willow go and get revenge, but I thought that saving Miss Kitty takes priority. And I wouldn't want tiny Willow getting in trouble, also. :lol But if I write another one with the bully, I think they definitely have to get back at him. Hmm... I should write that down as an idea to try. :)

-Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:30 am 
Title: Friendship Bracelet

Author: Mandy AKA SuperMandy13

Rating: G/PG-13 for ‘present’ part

Disclaimer: Willow and Tara belong to ME and Joss Whedon, sadly.

Notes:

* More long notes. Don’t mine me, I just like to ramble. :lol This story took a long time to write, ‘cause it just wasn’t flowing. But I was determined to finish this sucker, so I finally got it sounding mostly like I wanted it to. It still didn’t turn out as well as I had hoped, though. Good idea but flawed execution, basically. Hope it’s not too bad.

* Timeline? What timeline? ;) No really, I just noticed that there really isn’t any kind of timeline for my fic. The one where the cuties meet is set early during the school year, and then ‘Bored’ jumped to summer time. Hmmm... Well, I hope you guys don’t really mind me jumping all over the place. ‘Cause I just write when inspiration strikes, and since it’s summer I’ll have a couple summer-related fics. And when I need to, I’ll probably jump back to middle of the school year. If it gets too confusing, feel free to ask questions and I’ll try and sort out what’s going on. This is why I’m not giving real chapter numbers to each part. I’m just kinda making this all up as I go along, dudes. Please bear with me.

Btw, this one’s set during the school year. Probably a few months after our girls have met.

--------------------------------------------

Flashback

The school bell chimed shrilly through the halls of Sunnydale Elementary School, but was soon drowned out by the erupting chaos as students dashed out of their classrooms. Young kids ran around, chattering excitedly with each other as they headed home or waited for their rides. After the initial burst of commotion, the turmoil eventually settled down to a dull roar as students migrated out of the school grounds.

While most of the kids in Mrs. Andersen’s class had already fled the classroom as soon as the bell had rung, Willow and Tara had quietly lingered behind and waited until the other students had filtered out of the room. By the time they had finished helping their teacher clean up and had packed their belongings to go home, the hallways had mostly emptied out.

Shouldering their backpacks, the two girls turned to give their teacher a last wave goodbye. “Bye, Mrs. Andersen!”

The cheerful woman smiled warmly at her two favorite students. “See you tomorrow, girls.”

Scampering off, Willow and Tara started on their walk back to the Rosenberg household. Nanna always watched over them during the weekday afternoons, and the two girls were excited to go home because the older woman had promised to show them some of the fun games she had on her new computer. They both giggled as they thought of the glee on the older woman’s face when she showed them several black, plastic squares that she said had all kinds of neat things for them to do.

The two girls walked to the edge of the school grounds where they waited for the crossing guard to signal that it was safe to walk. Their hands instinctively reached for each other’s as they carefully looked both ways and then started to cross. After they had safely made it to the other side, the two friends smiled at each other and continued down the sidewalk with their hands still clasped comfortably together.

Reaching the street they had to turn down to get to Willow’s house, the redhead suddenly stopped and gently shook her hand free of Tara’s. The blonde blinked in confusion as she watched her friend open her backpack and dig through one of the pockets. “Whatcha doing? Did you forget your notebook, again?”

Willow glanced up and gave her friend a silly smile. “No way, that one time was scary enough! I was so scared that Mrs. Andersen was gonna give me a yellow card for that!” The redhead shuddered at the thought of her good, green status being notched down a card. “Nope, definitely didn’t forget anything. I just need to get something out. Hold on a sec.”

Tara raised an eyebrow and leaned over to try and peek into her friend’s backpack, curiosity filling her at Willow’s secrecy.

Noticing the other girl’s gaze, Willow turned and used her body to shield Tara’s vision from what she was doing. After several moments of fumbling, the redhead finally withdrew her hands from the bag and turned around, a huge grin on her face as she hid her hands behind her back. “I have a surprise for you, but you have to pick which hand it’s in.”

Tara gave her a puzzled look. “A surprise?” An excited smile slowly grew on her face. “For me? What is it?” She bounced and again tried to crane her neck for a peek around Willow’s back.

The redhead shook her head and stepped back to keep Tara from peeking. “Uh uh! You have to pick which hand.” She gave her friend a mischievous smile, poking the tip of her tongue out playfully from between her lips.

The blonde looked thoughtful for a moment then poked Willow’s right shoulder. “This side!”

Giggling, Willow held out an empty palm and shook her head. “Uh uh! Wrong one!” At Tara’s disappointed pout, the redhead quickly brought out her other hand and held it out to the blonde. “But it’s okay, ‘cause I was gonna give you your present even if you didn’t guess right, err... left... umm... the right one which is left?” Blinking for a moment, having confused herself, she then shook her head of the babbling thoughts and opened her hand to reveal her gift. A colorful, beaded bracelet rested in her palm, and Willow smiled as she handed the gift to her friend.

Tara stared at the bracelet in awe. Tiny, polished beads glimmered colorfully along a carefully braided friendship bracelet, woven with different shades of blue and green. Turning it over in her hand, the blonde felt tears shimmer in her eyes as she saw a gold charm with the words ‘Friends Forever’ centered between two cream-colored, porcelain cubes with the names ‘Tara’ and ‘Willow’ painted on them.

Looking up at her friend, the blonde held the gift to her chest as tears began to slide down her cheeks.

A panicked look crossed Willow’s face as she stepped closer to her best friend and wrapped her arms around the other girl’s waist. “I-I’m sorry. Please don’t cry. I didn’t mean for you to cry. I just wanted to get you a pretty gift. I didn’t want to make you sad.” Willow felt her bottom lip tremble as she tightly hugged her dear friend.

Sniffling, Tara gently leaned into the other girl as she hiccuped softly. “I-I’m not sad. It’s just... It’s just that it’s so pretty and no one’s ever given me something like this before. I mean, Mama has, but no one else.”

The redhead’s grip tightened as she lovingly pressed her cheek against Tara’s. “Well, then I’ll just have to give you more cool things so you’ll always be used to getting them.”

The two friends stood there, hugging each other tightly for a few more minutes before slowly breaking apart.

Scuffing her shoes on the ground, Willow shyly looked up at her friend. “So, you do like it, right?”

Tara nodded eagerly and fumbled to tie the bracelet around her wrist. “It’s so pretty! I’ll wear it always.”

Willow grinned happily as she helped the other girl knot the bracelet. “Nanna helped me pick out the beads and showed me how to braid the friendship bracelet. She’s also the one who painted our names and bought the charms. She said it’d be a perfect for us.”

Tara gave her friend a lopsided grin. “Your Nanna’s so cool! Oh hey, did you make one for you, too?”

Willow held up her left arm and pulled down the sleeve of her shirt to reveal an identical bracelet already knotted on her wrist. “Yep! I wanted us to match, so everybody can know that we’re best friends.”

The blonde giggled happily and took her friend’s hand in hers. As they slowly walked off, Tara glanced over towards the redhead. “Can you teach me how to make the friendship bracelets?”

The redhead nodded and gave the hand in hers a squeeze. “Sure! Nanna has lotsa extra string that we can use. But you have to be careful, ‘cause last time I got all tangled up in the stuff when the big roll of it came apart. Nanna said it looked like people had thrown rainbow-colored noodles at me!”

The two girls giggled and smiled at each other. Impulsively, Tara leaned over and kissed her friend on the cheek. “Love you, Willow.”

Willow’s ears turned bright red as she gave the blonde a goofy grin. “I love you, too.”

Laughing, the two girls skipped off down the street towards the Rosenberg home.

Present

Tara hummed quietly to herself as she methodically braided several strings of different colored thread in her hands. After several years of practice, the action had become second nature and the blonde let her mind wander as her hands flew through the process effortlessly.

She smiled as she examined the half-finished friendship bracelet in her hands. The red, orange, and yellow threads gave the bracelet a sunset-like appearance, and Tara couldn’t wait to see how it would look on her girlfriend. Glancing at the well-worn bracelet on her own wrist, the blonde smiled warmly as she remembered receiving the precious gift. ‘Til this day, neither she nor Willow ever went anywhere without their bracelets.

A mischievous smirk appeared on Tara’s face. Well, not unless we can help it, at least. She giggled to herself as she glanced at Willow’s bracelet sitting on the desk. She had snuck into the bathroom when Willow was showering and had stolen the bracelet for the day to make a few surprise modifications. The blonde felt slightly guilty at the sad expression on her girlfriend’s face when she had to leave without it, but she knew that the surprise she made would make up for it.

The blonde tied off the end of the completed friendship bracelet in her hands, and carefully cut the leftover threads as she examined the colorful pattern that she had woven. Nodding in satisfaction, she began to thread the beads from Willow’s old bracelet onto the new band.

Over the years, the little piece of jewelry had had to endure many modifications. New bands were switched in every so often, beads cracks or became too worn and had to be replaced, and occasionally they would find new trinkets to add to the colorful array of beads. Tara giggled as she remembered how she and Willow had practically pounced on a surprised jewelry vendor at the mall when they had seen a kitty charm that looked just like Miss Kitty.

Threading on the last of the beads, along with her added surprise, Tara gently traced a finger over each bead. Memories of her life with her best friend filled each one, and the blonde smiled as she brought the bracelet up to her lips and placed a tiny kiss on it. Carefully setting the bracelet on her desk, she looked up at the clock and hurriedly began cleaning up the room as she realized that Willow would be home soon.

Standing up and brushing herself off, she hastily put away her art supplies and had just finished tossing away the leftover bits of string when she felt a tingle move up her spine. She lifted an eyebrow in amusement as she heard the door being slowly pushed open and chuckled silently at the redhead’s attempt at stealth. Nonchalantly dusting off her hands, she decided to humor her girlfriend and pretended to be oblivious as she kept her back towards the door.

Willow peeked into the room before slowly stepped inside. Tiptoeing up to her girlfriend, she playfully wrapped an arm around the blonde from behind and nuzzled against her. Reaching around with her other hand, she held up a single, thornless rose for the other girl to take. “Hey there, pretty girl. Missed you, today.”

Tara chuckled and turned in the redhead’s embrace to slowly kiss her hello. “Hey there, yourself, Little Miss Charmer. How was your day?”

Willow purred contentedly as she rested her chin on the blonde’s shoulder. “Mmmm... much better now that it’s over and I’m here with you.” Kissing the blonde on the cheek, she relaxed in her girlfriend’s arms and let the day’s worries melt from her body. After a moment of peaceful silence, she then glanced up to give the blonde a questioning look. “By the way, you didn’t happen to find my bracelet, did you? I was feeling all naked and antsy today without it.”

Tara gave her girlfriend an apologetic look. “Oh, I’m sorry sweetie, but I’m the one who took it. I wanted to surprise you with something today.” Signaling for Willow to hold on for a moment, the blonde brushed her lips against the other girl’s for a tiny kiss before skipping over to her desk. Placing down her rose onto the table, she then picked up Willow’s bracelet and held it behind her back as she turned to face her lover. She sauntered up to the redhead and raised an eyebrow in challenge. “Which hand?”

Willow narrowed her eyes at the blonde in a mock glare. “Ohh... so you wanna play it that way, huh? Hmmm...” Willow tapped her fingers on her chin as she pretended to look thoughtful. “I pick... this one!” Willow grabbed the other girl and attacked Tara’s defenseless ribs with tickling fingers, laughing as the other girl squirmed and squealed in her grasp.

Backing up to try and get away from the tickling fingers, Tara soon found herself pressed against a wall with no means to escape. “Ack! Stop! Stop!”

Both girls giggled wildly as Willow finally relented and wrapped her arms around the other girl in a gentle hug as they calmed down from their tickling bout. Tara mock glared at her girlfriend as she caught her breath. “You so don’t play fair, missy!”

The redhead only waggled her eyebrows at her saucily and gave the girl a poke to the ribs. “So, where’s my surprise? Or do I have to tickle it outta ya, again?”

Tara rolled her eyes and huffed as she held the bracelet out to the redhead. Willow took it and turned it over in her hands. “Oh, neat, I love these new colors, baby. Pretty!” She then gasped in delight as she noticed a new charm placed next to the old, ‘Friends Forever’ one. Holding the charm up closer for a better look, the redhead smiled at the delicate gold heart hanging from a chain with a tiny, silver eternity symbol set in the center of it. “Oh my god! Baby, that’s so beautiful! Where’d you get it? Do you have one, too? Wow...”

The blonde held up her wrist, which had the same charm hanging from her bracelet, and smiled proudly. “Remember that jewelry class I started taking at the university art center? Well, I made these during class.”

Willow’s eyes widened as she looked from her girlfriend to the charm. “You made this? All by yourself?” Tara nodded, slightly embarrassed, and Willow couldn’t help but lean over and press her lips against the other girl’s in a passionate kiss. Pouring all her love and happiness into the kiss, the redhead smiled as she felt her lover melt into her. Gently pulling away, placing tiny kisses on the blonde’s lips as she did so, Willow gazed lovingly into Tara’s smoky blue eyes. “I love it. I love *you*. Thank you so much for the surprise, baby.”

Giving the redhead a lopsided grin, Tara wrapped her arms around the other girl’s neck and pulled her down for another quick kiss. “Of course... that’s not your only surprise for today.”

Willow gave the blonde a puzzled look and was about to question her, when she heard Tricia quickly walk past their door and shout out to them as she headed downstairs. “I have a meeting, girls. Dinner’s in the fridge and I won’t be home ‘till late. Don’t wait up!” They could hear the faint sound of the front door slamming as Tara’s mom left.

Willow stared at Tara with wide eyes as the other girl gave her a sultry smile. A slow grin then spread across the redhead’s face and she chuckled as she pressed her body more fully against her lover’s, the blonde purring as she was again captured against the wall. “Ooh, I really like this surprise, too.”

Tara groaned as she felt warm lips slide across her throat. “Mmm... Me, too.”

Edited by: SuperMandy13  at: 8/7/03 12:31 am

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:53 am 
Yay..an update..So sweet, with the friendship bracelets and they kept them all that while..that was adorable mandy.Love sammi xxx:flower

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:29 pm 
Your updates are soo cute! The couple is soo cute!

I love those friendship bracelet and charms!

I remember buying my best friend one

Update soon!!!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

Edited by: Arwen276 at: 8/9/03 3:26 am

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:52 pm 
amazing, i have to say this is a very good story. i get little tinglys and stuff reading it. :-D

sionan

"Rage More" Paulie- Lost and Delirious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:01 am 
re: smurfs Smurfette is not a whore! [My mate says that]

But oh god how cute these stories????

I'm going to die 'cause of all the cuteness ;)

:)

Please keep writing this.

Sorry I missed church, I was busy becoming a lesbian and worshiping Satan

Bardlet no #27

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:46 am 
SuperMandy,

You are very quickly becomming one of my favorite authors on Pens, my dear.
Quote:
Threading on the last of the beads, along with her added surprise, Tara gently traced a finger over each bead. Memories of her life with her best friend filled each one, and the blonde smiled as she brought the bracelet up to her lips and placed a tiny kiss on it.
Your eye for detail shows in every word, and the tenderness is remarkable. Plus, devious and saucy Willow/Tara is just a joy.

Now, when can we expect a rating higher than PG-13?

If the answer is "no", that is fine, too! I'm looking to see how you bring our girls together, because that should be simply amazing!

Thank you, SuperMandy!

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. Woody Allen (1935 - )

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:34 am 
omg these are like the best little fics ever!! they're all so sweet! i've read all of them just now and now i can't get the smile off my face...i loved that smurf one...haha, gay smurfs...but now that i think about it...

haha, well i cant wait for more!!

And never let it be said that I left a Tara craving unsatisfied. - Willow in Wilderness

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:27 pm 
MANDY!

You know, I really tried to go back and pick out some of my favourite parts to maybe quote and comment on...but then I realized that I would have to quote the whole story so far...seriously.

I don't know what it is about this fic but it really gets to me, in a good way. I look forward to every new update and I re-read this whenever I need a pick me up.

I absolutely love your style of writing and like I've said before, the way you write the Willow's and Tara's here...unbelievable. Okay, not unbelievable because I believe it, but damn, you are just so amazingly talented.

This story is quickly becoming a favourite on Pens and you know what? I totally agree. This fic deserves the attention. I love it! :love

Can't wait for more. :bigkiss

~Holly~ :heart

JACK: Oh, my God. I love TV. Buffy is my life. - I'm so into Willow being a lez.-Will & Grace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:50 pm 
Hey there:)

Gee...this is so sweet :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

I really like the way you write the flashbacks and the present, the connection between them.

And Little Tara and Little Willow just too adorable!!!!:lol

:heart :peace

M

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:09 am 
Hi Mandy,

just remembered this fic... was wondering when you're going to update... it's been an amazing read so far and i can't wait to see it all unfold.

Mai

Post subject: Re: Fic: Friends Forever (Mandy's Stories)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:32 am 
Sorry for not responding in so long, dudes. I'm on vacation which I thought would give me lotsa free time to write and stuff, and it has, but it has also presented all kinds of distractions to keep me away from the Kitten Board and from writing. So, you can all blame my parents' digital cable and Kingdom Hearts for the lack of updates. :stink Very sorry.

But I finally finished an update, and I shall be posting it as soon as I do my last read throughs and edits.

Also, if my comments sound weird, it's 'cause I haven't gone to sleep yet and i think I'm a bit loopy from staying awake so long. :lol

sam darls: Much thanks again for always leaving such nice comments! It always makes me happy to know that people read my fic and enjoy it enough to come back to read more. :D

Arwen276: Thank you so much for the sweet comments! I'm glad you liked the friendship bracelets, 'cause I thought that it'd be a cute idea. :) They were really popular when I was little, and I'm kinda sad that I always lost mine. :stink

Rage More: Thanks for reading! Ooh, I gave you tinglys, huh? Cool. :D

the vamp nurd: I'm happy to provide heaps of cuteness to give everybody cavities. It's my plot to take over the world. :D

TemperedCynic: Hey, TC! Wow, thank you for such lovely comments! It means a lot to me that you think so highly of my quaint little stories. I shall try my best to continue with the Willow and Tara cuteness when they're kids and fun sexiness when they're older. Though, I'm tempted to go above PG-13, I'm not really sure. If I'm feeling frisky, I might push into R territory, but I dunno if I could do justice to full on smutty action. We'll see, though. ;)

foreverpiper: I'm glad I could bring a smile to your face. Thanks for reading. :)

Taras Shadow: It's always a joy to read your comments, Holly. :) You always have such lovely things to say and I really appreciate it. You absolutely rock, dude. Thanks for always being so encouraging. :D

YMKA: I'm glad you like the way I connect the past and present, since that's one of my favorite parts of writing this fic. Both the younger and older versions of Willow and Tara are so fun to write, so splitting the story up into past and present has been a delightful challenge. I get to think about Willow and Tara twice as much! :D

cinderlust: Thanks for reading and commenting! I promise a new update either today or tomorrow. If I finish editing it this morning, I'll post it ASAP. :D

-Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:04 am 
Title: Sick Day

Rating: G

Notes:

In the flashbacks, Willow and Tara are in the 2nd grade, but Willow’s 1 year younger. In the present, the girls are about 20 or so. I’m still not sure, ‘cause I can’t make up my mind.

Also, I think I keep forgetting to mention that italics are thoughts.

Sorry for taking so long to update. This one has been sitting 90% done in a floppy as I’ve been lazing around on vacation. I’ve finally touched it up, but it probably needs more editing. My eyes got kinda tired as I was scanning through it. But I thought that I’d made you guys wait long enough, and so I better get this out before I forget again. :stink

Btw, I think I wanna do a Sick Day II, ‘cause I wanna do one with Tara in Willow’s place for the flashback. I’ve noticed that I tend to be more Willow-focused, since it’s a little easier to write from her perspective since I share a lot of the same quirks as she does. I’ll try to focus more on Tara in the future, though, since I really do wanna have lots more of her.

Flashback

Skipping up the steps leading to the Maclay residence, Willow eagerly opened the door and let herself into the cozy household. Tara’s mom had long ago given Willow permission to come in and make herself at home whenever she pleased, and after a few months of patient prodding and reassurance from the older woman that it really was okay and not impolite at all, Willow had finally accepted the invitation.

Padding over to the staircase, Willow briefly stopped to politely wave at Tara’s mom as she passed the entrance to the kitchen. “Good morning, Mrs. Maclay.”

Before Willow could scamper up the stairs to Tara’s room, Tricia stopped her with a gentle call. “Whoa, little miss. Not so fast.”

Willow frowned in confusion as Tara’s mom walked over to her, a serious look subtly tugging down the usual warm, kind smile that seemed to always grace the older woman’s face. “Huh? Can’t I go and wake Tara up now? It’s almost time for ‘The Smurfs’.”

Tricia knelt down next to Willow and gently brushed a hand through the girl’s bangs as she gave her a sad smile. “I’m really sorry sweetie, but Tara’s not feeling very good today. She’s got a pretty high fever, so I’m afraid she won’t be able to come out and play for a little while.”

Willow’s expression immediately became filled with worry. “Oh! She’s sick? Sh-she’s gonna be okay, though, right? She’s gonna get better soon?” The redhead’s voice became small as she studied her best friend’s mother, her hand unconsciously fidgeting with the friendship bracelet around her wrist.

“Of course she is, sweetie. In a few days, she’ll be back on her feet and ready to cause all kinds of mischief with you again.” Tricia chuckled as she affectionately ruffled the little girl’s hair.

Willow sighed in relief, then blinked at the older woman. “Okay. But, can’t I still go and see her? Nanna always says that love and lotsa chicken soup are the best cures for the sniffles. I wanna help make her feel better faster.”

Tricia sighed softly, the sad, serious look covering her face again. “I’m sorry, Willow, but I really don’t think that’s a good idea. I have no doubt that you would do anything in your power to help make Tara feel better, and it’s so wonderful of you, but I don’t want you to get sick, too. Tara and I would feel really bad if you got sick while visiting us.” Tricia inwardly winced at the hurt look in the green eyes gazing at her. The blonde woman’s heart ached at having to keep Willow from Tara, but she knew that doing the right thing and protecting the girl is her first priority. I hate having to be the bad guy. Being an adult definitely sucks, sometimes.

The redhead gave a tiny nod as she dropped her gaze to the ground. “Oh... okay,” she whispered sadly. She was silent for a moment, chewing thoughtfully on the inside of her lip, before glacing back up to give the older woman a tentative look. “Ummm… b-but can I still stay? Please? Maybe just down here? Even if I can’t go and see her, I still want to be here for her.”

The blonde woman blinked in surprise at the little girl in front of her. The bond between the two girls never ceased to amaze her, and she constantly found herself charmed by the love that the two so obviously shared with each other. A bright smile slowly slid onto her face as she pulled the tiny redhead into her arms for an affectionate hug. “I think that would be wonderful, sweetheart. I’m sure Tara would love to know that you’re here for her, even if you can’t go and see her.”

Pulling back gently, Tricia grinned as she gestured with her head towards the kitchen. “How ‘bout you help me make Tara some extra special chicken soup filled with love?”

Nodding eagerly, Willow slipped her hand into Tricia’s as the older woman stood and guided her into the kitchen.

Tara felt miserable. Her nose was stuffed up and felt scratchy and sore from all the kleenex she had to keep using, and her throat felt really swollen and hurt every time she had to swallow. A yucky, uncomfortable heat also filled her head and chest, and though the cool vapor rub that her mama had put on her chest had helped a little, she still felt horrible.

Curling into a tiny ball, tears began to spill down Tara’s cheeks as she came to the conclusion that being sick really sucked.

Blinking at the soft knock at her door, the little blonde looked up and watched her mama carefully make her way into the room with a tray in her hands. “Hey, sweetheart. How you feeling?”

Tara sniffled, a disheartened expression on her face. “Ucky...”

Tricia smiled sadly as she placed a cool hand on her daughter’s brow, still worried about her high temperature. “I know, sweetie... But I’ve got some goodies here for you.” Placing the tray on Tara’s bedside table, she took a piece of paper from her pocket and handed it to the girl.

Tara blinked in confusion, then slowly unfolded the colorful piece of paper. A cheerful scene of two girls holding hands with a kitten snuggling next to them was drawn amongst several brightly colored designs. ‘Willow’, ‘Tara’, and ‘Miss Kitty’ were written above their corresponding drawings, and a delighted smile filled the little blonde’s face as she recognized the handwriting and drawing style. “Willow’s here?”

The older woman nodded, smiling at her daughter’s happiness. “Yep, she’s outside right now. She even helped make this yummy chicken soup filled with an extra helping of love. But she can’t come in, ‘cause I don’t want her catching your cold.” At Tara’s downcast expression, Tricia leaned down to gently place a kiss on her little girl’s forehead. “But that’s why you should get better soon.”

Tara brightened and nodded as she eagerly dug into the soup, focusing all her thoughts on getting over her icky cold so that she could see Willow again.

----------------------------------------------

Present

Willow’s face scrunched as she sneezed, causing her to wince at the additional aggravation to her already sore throat. “Ugh... being sick sucks...”

The large, comforter-covered lump lying next to her groaned in response.

Snickering, Willow grabbed the covers and tugged them down a little to reveal a head of disheveled blonde hair. “Sweetie, you gotta come up to breathe from under there.”

Tara burrowed down further into the blankets as she snuggled closer to her girlfriend. “I feel yucky... If you love me, you’d put me outta my misery.”

Shifting into a more comfortable position, the redhead gently wrapped her arms around her lover in a firmer hold. “Nah, sorry, baby. We have to endure the evil flu germs together. In sickness and in health, y’know?”

The blonde playfully poked the other girl in the ribs. “We’re not married, love. Does the ‘in sickness and in health’ thing still apply?”

Willow opened her mouth to respond, but was interrupted as she had to sharply turn her head to the side as a fit of sneezes wracked her body. “Arrghh!!” Sliding away from Tara, she grabbed a handful of tissues to blow her nose with. “Blech... apparently it does apply to us. Though I would’ve preferred just taking care of you instead of catching the evil germs.”

Tara chuckled lightly as she shifted next to the redhead again and spooned against the other girl’s back. “Well, my mom did warn you about being careful not to get too close to me.”

The redhead tilted her head back to pout at her lover. “But how could I resist giving my girl a kiss? You’re just so tempting lying there all cute and cuddly in your pjs.”

The blonde laughed as she gave the other girl a loving squeeze. “You’re looking pretty hot yourself, darling. And I’d kiss you, but I think I’ll wait until after we’re all better. Getting sneezed on once was quite enough, thank you.”

With a sheepish look on her face, Willow shifted around to face the blonde. “I did mention how sorry I am for that, right? ‘Cause I really really am.”

Tara had to pause to cover her mouth as her body shook from a series of wheezing coughs. “Ughh...” She looked gratefully at the redhead who was gently rubbing her back in a calming motion. “Yeah, sweetie, you did apologize and it’s really alright. Besides, I think the time I threw up on you in 6th grade was way worse. Let’s just say we’re even.”

Willow grimaced at the memory. “Eww... yeah, that was way no fun. I’m never letting you forget your Dramamine when we go on a boat ever again.”

The two girls happily snuggled together and laid in a comfortable silence, only broken by the occasional coughing and sniffling.

Dozing sleepily against each other, the two lovers were startled awake by a knock at the bedroom door. Blinking at the disturbance, they both turned to see Tara’s mom opening the door and poking her head in. “How are you girls doing? Need anything?”

Willow reached over and snagged another tissue from the bedside table. “I might need more tissues, Mrs. Maclay.”

Tricia nodded and set a couple more boxes from the stack she had outside on the table. “There you go, dear.” She brushed one hand through red bangs and rested a cool palm against the girl’s forehead. “Looks like you’re still a little warm.”

Turning towards her daughter, Tricia gently felt the younger blonde’s cheek. “Yeah, you, too, honey. But I think you both should be right as rain in another couple of days. Until then...” The older woman took out a green bottle and two tiny plastic cups. “Time for your medicine, girlies.”

Both girls groaned and tried to burrow down further under the sheets. Tara eyed the thick liquid that her mother was carefully measuring into the cups with a look of distaste. “Ughh... can’t we get better without having to drink the ucky stuff?”

Tricia snickered as she handed the cups to the two girls. “You know you’ll get better faster if you take the medicine, sweetie. Now drink up. I’ll go get you girls some juice to wash it down with.” Chuckling at the disgusted expressions still on the girls’ faces, she ambled back outside to head downstairs.

The two girls stared at the strong smelling liquid and then glanced at each other in apprehension.

Willow held her cup up in front of her as she raised an eyebrow at her lover. “Well... in sickness and in health?”

Clinking her cup against her girlfriend’s, Tara sighed and nodded. “In sickness and in health…”

Quickly downing the disgusting liquid, they both shuddered and coughed. “Ughh!!!” “Yuck!!!”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:35 am 
OMG... MANDY

That was so freakin' cute!!

My God, this story is like, the greatest. Seriously. It has so much love and cuteness and damn girl, more! :grin

The whole story so far, is my favourite. But this line, made my heart flutter. :heart

Quote:
Tara brightened and nodded as she eagerly dug into the soup, focusing all her thoughts on getting over her icky cold so that she could see Willow again.

Gotta have our girls see each other.

I love this. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work. :bigkiss

"I'd personally like to see Elektra and Lara Croft go head to head. I'd so pay to see that."

"What if you add Dark Angel? - And maybe a little Faith to add to the Buffy effect."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:04 am 
I think I will join the sick posse.

Aw sweet, Tara's ill and Willow's there!

Fluffy, sweet, enough to give you a tooth ache.

stand back I'm gonna sneeze :sneeze

added later Yay! I'm a vixen!

Open up Pandora's kiss.

Bardlet no #27

Edited by: the vamp nurd at: 8/26/03 4:06 am

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:47 pm 
Hey, SuperMandy!
Quote:
“Ummm… b-but can I still stay? Please? Maybe just down here? Even if I can’t go and see her, I still want to be here for her.” The blonde woman blinked in surprise at the little girl in front of her. The bond between the two girls never ceased to amaze her, and she constantly found herself charmed by the love that the two so obviously shared with each other.
This, I think, is what people aspire to: the care, worry and love of a child. If each relationship had that kind of love, without ego or concern about self, the world would be a different place. Your stories , Mandy, show an emphasis on friendship blossoming into a relationship. Accepting people for who they are is a chief ingredient for lasting friendships, and paramount in a solid relationship. Some good lessons here.

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. Woody Allen (1935 - )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:37 pm 
Hey mandy..awww that was so cute and so sweet..even when willow and tara are both sick, they are adorable..more soon? love sams xx:flower

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:57 pm 
Mandy

Okay, as President of this Fan Club, it is my duty to ask if this fic will be continuing? Cause: I MISS OUR GIRLS! :(

You've started a very good fic and I just wanted to let you know that I can be patient, really, I can :grin but daaaamn, I miss Wee Willow and Little Tara. :flirt

Anyway, I hope all is well with you! *sends hugs your way*

Take Care;

"I've got this ache, and I thought it was for sex, but it's to tear everything to fucking pieces." Ginger - Ginger Snaps

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:58 pm 
Oh my god, I'm SO sorry, guys. Summer vacation was just filled with way too many distractions. And since I'm so easily distracted, I was all with the 'ooh, shiny!' and not doing stuff I should've been doing. Now it's school time again, and stuff's insane, but at least I'm not all distract-o girl, anymore.

I was gonna wait before posting another update, 'cause the one I wrote is kinda just for me, since I have a feeling nobody's gonna get it... but, then I thought that if I don't update now, then I'll keep forgetting and then I'll never ever remember and everybody'll just give up on me and stuff. And I'm rambling 'cause I had WAY too much caffeine... sorry. ;)

Okay, sorry sorry, again. Here's my update.

Title: G4MeR5

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: Willow and Tara belong to ME and Joss Whedon, sadly. The Sega Genesis belongs to Sega, I guess, and the Playstation belongs to Sony. Kingdom Hearts belongs to Disney and SquareEnix, and the other games mentioned belong to... other people that I really don’t want to look up right now. But they don’t belong to me, and I’m just borrowing their names for the nostalgia. Don’t sue me!

Notes:

The flashback for this one is a little different, ‘cause the girls are a little older. I wanted to use games that I knew, and since I’ve forgotten all the cool Atari games that I used to play, I decided to just zoom them forward a few years so I can make use of my gaming nostalgia. I used to love my Sega Genesis! It was my baby! Sorry if some of the jokes and references go over you guys’ heads, but I really wanted to write a W&T fic that involved one of my favorite pastimes: video games. Video games kept me from writing all summer, ‘cause there are just way too many good ones that I wanted to catch up on! Who needs sleep when you can game?? :D

Anyway, I thought it’d be funny to have Willow and Tara be gamers. And having them use 1337 speak brought me endless amusement. I’m such a geek. :D Hope you guys enjoy.

Flashback

“Thank you so much for watching the girls today, Danielle.” Tricia gave Willow’s grandmother a grateful smile. “The new principal at my school just arranged these meetings at the spur of the moment and I couldn’t get out of them.”

Nanna chuckled as she affectionately patted the blonde woman on the arm. “It’s all right, dearie. I always love spending time with the girls and it’s absolutely no trouble at all.” She flashed a mischievous look at the two girls next to her as she ruffled her hands through their hair. “Besides, I’ve got a surprise to keep us all busy this afternoon.”

Willow and Tara grinned at each other, excitement filling them at the thought of a Nanna surprise. Whenever the older woman surprised them with something, it was always something really cool and extra fun.

Tricia just smiled and rolled her eyes good-naturedly. “Just as long as this surprise doesn’t involve paint-filled water balloons like last time.” The blonde woman received only innocent grins in response and she couldn’t help but chuckle as she covered her eyes with one hand in exasperation. “Why do I suddenly have a bad feeling about this...?”

Nanna simply pushed at Tricia’s shoulder towards the car, in response, followed by her two co-conspirators who were still trying to look as innocent as they could. “You’re just being a worrywort, my dear. Now go on and get to your meeting. We’ll be fine here.”

The blonde woman batted at the pushing hands and brushed off her jacket. “Alright alright... I’m going.” She leaned down and planted kisses on the two giggling girls. “Be good, girls.” She flashed a playful warning look towards the older woman. “And that means you too, Nanna!”

With a last wave goodbye, they watched Tara’s mom drive off before turning to give each other devilish smiles. Nanna’s eyes twinkled as she gestured her head towards the living room. “Go on and check by the TV.”

The older woman laughed gaily as the two girls nearly tripped over themselves racing back into the house and through the hallway. Closing the front door as she entered the house, Nanna followed the two at a much slower pace and arrived to find two heads bent over and peering intently at her surprise.

Lifting her head, Willow gave her grandmother a curious look. “What’s this, Nanna?”

Nanna made her way over next to the girls and carefully settled herself onto the carpet next to them. “This, my dear, is a Sega Genesis. It’s a video game system.”

Both girls’ eyes lit up as they gazed at the black box in awe. “Cool…”

“I was walking around the mall and saw some kids playing on this thing in one of the stores. After watching for awhile, it looked like so much fun that I just had to get one!” The older woman picked up the plastic bag sitting next to the Genesis and dumped out several boxes. “These are the games that the nice salesperson recommended to me.”

Tara carefully picked up one of the boxes and looked at the cover. “Ooh, cool! Look, Willow, this game has a cute hedgehog!”

Willow peered over her friend’s shoulder and examined the game. “That’s a hedgehog? I don’t think hedgehogs are supposed to be blue…”

The little blonde rolled her eyes and bopped her friend on the head with the game box. “It’s just a game, Will. It’s not meant to be realistic. I mean, it’s a cartoon character that rolls around killing bad guys, and saves the world or something. Nope, I definitely don’t think realism is what they were aiming for.”

The redhead simply hmphed and stuck her tongue out at the other girl, unable to argue against her friend’s logic.

Snickering, Nanna picked up another game box and held it out to Willow. “Here, kitten, I got this one for you. I know how much you loved ‘Jurassic Park’, so I thought it might be fun to play the game, too.”

Willow immediately forgot about blue hedgehogs and the realism of video games, as she excitedly examined the game box. “Cool! Oh wow, you can even play as a raptor! Awesome! Thanks, Nanna!”

As her friend opened up the box and began to read through the instruction manual, Tara poked through the pile of games and curiously picked one up. Holding it up, she flashed Nanna a questioning look. “What’s this one about, Nanna?”

The older woman shrugged as she took the box from the girl and examined it. “Well, the sales guy said that it was a really popular, multi-player fighting game that we could play together. Hmmm…” She flashed the girls a playful look. “How ‘bout we give it a try right now?”

The girls nodded eagerly and put away the other games for later examination, as Nanna inserted the game cartridge and switched on the already set up system. Settling onto the couch, the trio watched in fascination as the game’s opening sequence filled the television screen...

“Danielle? Tara? Willow?” Tricia called out through the front door as she rang the doorbell for the fourth time. She could hear loud music coming from the house as well as the occasional shouts of mischief that she was accustomed to hearing from the three troublemakers.

Tapping her foot impatiently, the blonde woman huffed as she finally tried the door handle. Finding it unlocked, she opened the door and peered into the household, one eyebrow lifting in puzzlement as the loud sounds of ruckus coming from the living room grew louder. “What the heck are those three up to?”

Making her way to the Rosenberg living room, she poked her head inside and her eyes widened at the scene before her.

Willow and Nanna each had controls in their hands and were sitting at the edge of their seats on the couch as they pounded furiously at the buttons. Each wore identical expressions of supreme concentration, green eyes narrowed and flashing as the tips of their tongues peeked out from between their lips. They both occasionally jerked their bodies in time with the movements of their button pushing, as if the gesturing added to the movements of the tiny characters on the television screen that they apparently were controlling.

Sitting next to the two players, Tara excitedly bounced up and down in her seat as she practically screamed at the screen, yelling both advice to the players as well as making wincing commentary at the bloody injuries the characters inflicted on each other.

“Punch her, Willow! Ooh, look at all the blood! You really have to block that, Nanna! Ooh, that must’ve hurt! No, back then forward!”

From what Tricia could see, the game seemed to consist of two characters on the screen that were trying to kill each other using odd, fantasy-styled martial arts moves. Her eyebrows flew up towards her hairline as one of the characters slid off screen and then suddenly reappeared, flying upwards and knocking the other character out with an uppercut.

All three gamers practically vibrated in their seats with excitement and the two girls urged on Willow’s grandmother as Nanna paused in concentration for a brief moment. “Fatality, Nanna! Do the Fatality!”

As the older woman finished pushing a complicated series of buttons, Tricia watched on in horrified amusement as the little cartoon character proceeded to zap the other character and blow it’s head off in a gruesome display. Cheers erupted from the gamers and they all laughed and high-fived each other, still unaware of Tricia’s appearance.

Clearing her throat, Tricia walked over to the couch and braced her arms against the back of it as she looked down at the trio with arched eyebrows. “Now, what have we here?”

All three heads whipped around and stared at her, obviously startled, before plastering on huge, innocent-looking expressions. “Umm… hi, Tricia. How was your meeting?” Nanna courageously spoke up first.

“Yeah, hi, mom.” “Hi, Mrs. Maclay.” The two girls’ voices came out as squeaks as they looked up at the blonde woman with familiar guilty expressions on their faces.

Tricia leaned back and folded her arms over her chest in an even more intimidating mom-like posture. “The meeting went well. But then I came back and had to let myself in since no one was answering the door, and then found myself watching you girls playing a game where the object seems to be to kill the other guy in as bloody a manner as possible...”

The trio winced and gave each other nervous looks. Uh oh…

Tricia let them stew for a few silent moments, before rolling her eyes and moving over to sit on the couch’s armrest. “Well... are you guys gonna let me in on the fun or not?” She flashed a playful smile at them to let them know they were off the hook.

The three smiled and let out breaths of relief. Grinning, Willow handed her controller over to Tara’s mom. “It’s really fun, Mrs. Maclay! All you have to do is learn the right combinations of buttons to push.”

Tara nodded as she pointed to the new character select screen on the television. “Yeah, just pick a character and then learn their moves. It’s really cool.”

The blonde woman selected a guy in a blue, ninja-type suit as Nanna selected her previous character, who was wearing an odd, white outfit and a large hat. “All right, teach me the moves for this guy.” She paused for a moment and gave the two little girls a semi-stern look. “We’re not gonna see you girls trying out these moves in real life, right?”

Willow and Tara looked at each other and rolled their eyes. Tara turned back towards her mother to give her an exasperated smile. “Of course not, Mama! Geez, we’re not dumb enough to think any of this could be real or anything.”

Tricia nodded, satisfied at the answer, and turned back to the game. “All right, what do these buttons do, again?”

Present

“Jump! Jump!”

“I’m jumping! I’m jumping!”

Tricia peeked into the living room and rolled her eyes at the sight before her.

Willow and Tara sat on the floor in front of the television, both riveted to the screen. The blonde had a look of absolute concentration on her face, her blue eyes steely and narrowed as she focused all her attention on the screen and the black Playstation controller in her hands. The redhead bounced excitedly next to her, shouting at the screen as if she were actively participating in the game, herself.

“No! You have to heal, baby! You’re at half life! Ack! Here comes the attack! He’s gonna kill you! Heal!”

“Alright! Alright! Shhhh!!! I’m in the zone!” The blonde let out a smug laugh as her character whacked at the bad buy. “Ha! No evil, one-winged, pretty boy loser is gonna best me! He will crumble in the face of my mad 1337 skillz!”

Tara’s excited look of concentration then crumbled as a surprise energy burst slammed into her game character and knocked it unconscious. “Noo!!!! I so had the silver-haired bastard that time!”

Willow snickered under her breath as she planted a kiss on the blonde’s cheek and tugged the PS2 controller from her girlfriend’s numb fingers. “It’s alright, baby. I’m sure your ‘1337 skillz’ will persevere this time. You only lost, oh... 14 times.” Pushing the series of buttons to restart the battle, she then replaced the controller back into the other girl’s hands.

The blonde glared at her girlfriend and gave the other girl a hard poke to the ribs. “Hey! I’d like to see you try this. It’s hard!”

The redhead held up her hands in mock surrender. “No no... I already defeated the big, ice titan thing as promised. It’s your turn to beat up the bad guy, not mine. Besides, I wouldn’t want to interfere with your ‘mad skillz zone’.”

Tara made a face and blew a raspberry at her lover. “Well, Sephiroth’s a lot harder than the stupid Ice Titan, so nyah! And besides, you’re just jealous of my mad skillz! You know I can beat you at any game.”

Willow frowned and gave the blonde a poke of her own. “No way! I could totally beat you!”

The blonde simply raised an eyebrow. “Oh yeah? How ‘bout the time I creamed you at Street Fighter 23 wins to 5? Or at DOA when I smashed your scantily clad girl 10 times in a row?”

The redhead narrowed her eyes and leaned in until she was nose to nose with the other girl. “Well, I’m still the undefeated champion at Tetris, Dr. Mario, and Puzzle Fighter!”

“Hey, I beat you that one time at Dr. Mario!”

“Yeah, but you were being all with the cheating and sliding your foot up my skirt! I couldn’t concentrate!”

“Did not!”

“Did, too!”

“Did not!”

“Did, too! Remember, that was when your mom had that dinner with her school colleagues, so we... oh, hi, Mrs. Maclay!”

Tricia had to use every ounce of willpower she had to keep from bursting into laughter at the two guilty, deers-in-headlights looks on the two girls’ faces. “Do you girls need to be separated or are you two gonna play nice?” The older woman flashed mock stern looks at the two girls. “Don’t make me get Nanna over here so we can whip you girls’ butts at all these games.”

Sheepish looks filled the two girls’ expressions as they fidgeted uncomfortably. “Sorry, mom...” “Yeah, sorry, Mrs. Maclay...”

The older woman just rolled her eyes and stepped out of the room, mock grumbling under her breath.

As soon as Tara’s mom had stepped out of the room, Willow couldn’t help but playfully elbow Tara and whisper into her ear, “I bet you can’t beat me at naked DDR.”

Tara flashed an evil grin towards the redhead. “Oh, you’re so going down, lover.”

Giggling devilishly, the girls quickly shut off their current game and dashed up the stairs to Tara’s room, dragging the game system and necessary equipment with them.

**Note: Okay, for anyone who doesn’t know, DDR stands for Dance Dance Revolution. It’s kinda like a dancing simulation game. So, naked DDR means a lot of hopping up and down while naked... you do the math. ;)

Btw, if you guys don't know what the games I was referring to are, the 'flashback' one was Mortal Kombat, 'cause it used to be my favorite game when I was younger, and the 'present' one was Kingdom Hearts, 'cause that game took up a large portion of my summer vacation time. It's addicting. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:31 am 
Hehe..gald to see you back..and that update was so fun, it reminded me of when I was younger too. Great stuff :heart Love sammi xx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:18 am 
Woo and Hoo! It's back. :bounce

That was super Mandy, just super! :clap

This story is so cute and adorable and and sweet and has romantic levels and it's totally addictive and :heart

Let's not forget about how you make the emotions run so well in this fic. :bow

:love

"I've got this ache, and I thought it was for sex, but it's to tear everything to fucking pieces." Ginger - Ginger Snaps

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:47 pm 
Hey, Supermandy!

So, Willow and Tara have mad skillz? A cute new twist to the W/T story, as our girls are taken over by video game frenzy. But it's all good, they know fantasy from reality, both with video games and their love of each other. A tough sell with unusual subject matter, but you pulled out another superb update.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:49 am 
ha ha.

Arguing over computer games??

Sounds like me and my family.

I'm the worst sore loser!

But glad to have you back.

Cuteness will take over the world!

Open up Pandora's kiss.

Bardlet no #27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:31 pm 
Haha, nice. I loved the update, and omg, I played Mortal.. I was okay at it, always fought over controller.. and I always was SubZero... and I cheated . by unplugging their controller, lol.

Later, yay for updates.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:57 pm 
Yes! I loved this little mini-fics!! :grin and nanna woopin thier butts in mortal kombat! :lol that's just all kinds of excellent!!

and omg! Kingdom Hearts is SO much fun!!! I played it all summer non stop!! :eatme :banana :eatme ...and no...i didnt use the cheat guide...:whistle

Galahad: What a strange person. French Dude: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. Galahad: Is there someone else up their we could talk to? French Dude: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time. - Monty Python

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:06 pm 
Hi guys! Just running by to give a quick thank you to the replies. I'm in the process of writing the next update... well, actually, I'm writing like 4 updates at the same time, and trying to decide which one to focus on. :p So, hopefully if school doesn't totally swamp me with more work, I'll be able to get a new one up before next week. This is a big 'if' though, 'cause I'm taking a language class that gives homework and/or quizzes way too often, and two classes that love to assign brain crushing loads of reading. :stink

sam darls: Thanks for the constant support. You rock, dude. :) And I'm glad you liked this update. It was really fun to write 'cause I was totally drawing from all my memories of sitting in front of the tv with my beloved video game controller in my hands. :lol

Taras Shadow: Sorry to make you wait so long, Holly. Thanks for sticking by me and my little fic. :)

TemperedCynic: Hey, TC! Hehehe, yeah I wanted to write Will and Tara with mad skillz. I dunno, the thought of our girls as gamers just tickles me endlessly. :lol

the vamp nurd: Cute things will definitely take over the world. Resistance is futile! Too bad the Borg weren't cute, 'cause then they would've definitely conquered everything. Well, there was Seven, but she doesn't really count. :p Okay, I'm rambling and showing my geekiness. Shutting up now.

sharikia: Mortal Kombat used to be my favorite game when I was in the 5th/6th grade! I used to play either Scorpion, Sub Zero, Liu Kang, or Raven. I think Liu Kang was my favorite, though, 'cause I could kick major butt using him. :lol

foreverpiper: Isn't Nanna awesome? She just kinda evolved into this ultra cool grandma who's just a big kid at heart. Definitely fun to write her character. :)

Yeah, Kingdom Hearts is awesome! I played it all summer until I finally did all the secret stuff and got the Ultima Weapon and all that. And I got immense satisfaction kicking Sephiroth's pretty boy butt. :D Oh yeah, and I didn't use the cheat guides, as well... Really... *coughs* :lol

-Mandy

Edited by: SuperMandy13  at: 10/7/03 9:07 pm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:01 pm 
These short pieces are cool ! I usually avoid fics where W/T are kids...it works really well in these stories. I esp. like how you weave from the present to the past and then to the present. The subject matter is interseting and sweet.

You almost scared me off with the fact that you don't finish your stories...a real NO NO with me, but I'll read and enjoy what you have. Thanks for the warning...now I can't complain!

Post subject: Cuddlecore!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:26 pm 
So, I just stumbled onto these because I was looking for something vignette-y (a la Sassette) and they're wonderful!! really. beautifully written and tied together. they remind me of songs...cuddlecore songs to be exact (Go Sailor, Heavenly, Dressy Bessy) -- sweet (sometimes bittersweet), beautifully crafted and always guaranteed to leave you smiling.

thanks. :)

Post subject: Re: Cuddlecore!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:06 pm 
I am loving this fic. Having Willow and Tara grow up together is always a fun idea. They were so cute as little kids. Now they are very attractive young women. :D I like how all of the stories fit together and I can't wait to read more.

:wave

Post subject: Re: Cuddlecore!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:03 am 
Okay, it took me an extra week to get the update up, but you can blame the evil Blue Screen o' Death for that. I lost my entire second draft and that completely writer's blocked me for awhile. Ugh! *whaps her computer*

But, I'm still very very sorry. You may all whip me with soggy noodles for my retribution. :p

Ooh, more comments! I love comments. They make me feel all warm and cuddly inside. :kitty

Incitatua 8: I'm glad you didn't get scared away by my warning that I sometimes don't finish stories! I've been trying my hardest to update as soon as I possibly can, but life keeps getting in the way. But thankfully these are all kinda stand alone stories, so I don't have to worry about leaving you guys on a cliff-hanger. Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you like the stories.

lipkandy: Wow, the stories reminded you of songs? And cute, smiling inducing songs, no less. Awesome! :D That makes me feel really good, 'cause whenever something reminds me of music or a song, I know it's touched me. I'm gonna have to go and look into the songs you mentioned, 'cause they sound great! And sheesh, how many times can I use the word 'song' in a paragraph. Oi... :p

Thank you so much for you kind words. I'm really glad that you enjoyed the stories. Ooh, and being mentioned in the same sentence as the wonderful Sassette! *swoons!* I could only hope to achieve her skill in writing our girls. Btw, other good vignettes are the ones by jixer and... d'oh, I can't remember! Anyway, there are lotsa great Kitten writers out there that write great vignettes and other types of stories. I could plug all my favorites, but then I'll just get all distracted... Oops, I'm already distracted and babbling! Arghh! Anyway, thanks!

Draco119: Thank you so much for your sweet comments. Yeah, Willow and Tara are so adorable as both kids and adults. I love writing them as both. :D Thanks for reading!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Title: Growing Together, Part 1: Sleepover

Rating: G

Notes:

Read this note to understand the chapter:

* This one’s a little different from the others I’ve written so far. No tiny Will and Tara, sadly, and no grown up girls, either. This is the first part of the ‘Growing Together’ section, as I’m calling it, which deals with... well, them “growing together”. Hehehe... simplicity rocks. :D There are gonna be a few of these chapters, and they all are dealing with the baby steps that influence our girls getting together. I ask y’all to bear with me during this whole thing, ‘cause the entire ‘getting together’ process is going to be SLOW. Very, tediously slow. ‘Cause that’s the only way I can see them getting together. Going from best friends to girlfriends is HUGE, and I didn’t want to miss any of the angsty moments. Well, okay, I don’t really do angst well, so there won’t be lots of angst, but there will be lots of the no fun questioning of themselves and stuff.

* I’m gonna try and intersperse these chapters with chapters of Little Tara and Wee Willow, so I won’t deprive all of you guys of the cuteness. So, no worries. :) Hope you enjoy this update! If not, well... go ahead and tell me and I’ll try and make the next one better.

* Btw, I swear, I probably gagged more than you all will during the teenie-bopper scenes. It pained me greatly to try and write as a boy-crazy teenager.

* Also, if you don't know, italics signifies thinking.

Flashback – 5th grade

“Oh, my god! He is like, SO dreamy!”

A chorus of girly squeals and giggles erupted from the group of pre-teens huddled together in the middle of the room. Sprawled half on top of each other and half on the layers of sleeping bags scattered across the floor, the cluster of little girls seemed at home surrounded by the seemingly endless supply of junk food, teen magazines, and mini-makeup kits. They primped and toyed with each other’s hair and nails, gossiping and chattering away, while the radio blasted out the latest pop songs of the week in the background.

Slightly apart from the group, Willow and Tara sat quietly, watching the odd bonding rituals of their peers. Wincing at the high-pitched shrieks, blue and green eyes met as they flashed each other baffled, yet amused, glances. A blonde eyebrow arched in question, only to be met with a shrug in reply. When they had cheerfully accepted the invitation from Karen, their friendly classmate, they hadn’t expected the party to be quite like this. Usually, the two equated slumber parties with all you can eat pizza, candy, and chocolate, followed by watching movies tripped out on huge sugar highs, and finally crashing late at night, tangled up together with their flashlights smushed against their cheeks.

Well, there is pizza and ice cream... Tara shrugged as she refocused her attention back on her best friend’s hair. Earlier in the evening, she had slid behind the redhead and began to gently play with the other girl’s soft locks. But since that was all they had been doing for awhile, after an hour or two of constant braiding, Willow now sported a head full of dreadlocks. The redhead didn’t seem to mind, though, and relaxed comfortably against her friend as she watched the antics of their classmates.

The blonde smiled to herself as she ran her hands over the multitude of braids covering her friend’s hair. I guess this isn’t too bad. It may not be getting to rewatch ‘Jurassic Park’ for the billionth time, but this is still kinda fun. It wasn’t like Willow and Tara never engaged in their own silly girl talk and hair styling sessions. It was just... well... The blonde peeked up to glance at the other still giggling girls. She grimaced as another loud series of shrieks filled the air. Well, we’re never so... shrill... are we?

Startling her out of her thoughts, Tara suddenly found herself with a magazine thrust in her face, causing her to jump and accidentally tug on a braid of red hair. Willow gave a little yelp as her head was pulled back, and winced as she moved one hand up to rub at her scalp. “Owie!!!”

One of the louder girls had shuffled next to them and had excitedly shoved a magazine with the latest hunky celebrity on it in their faces. “Isn’t he just the most GORGEOUS male that ever existed?” Willow and Tara just stared at the girl incredulously as they tried to recover from their surprise.

Shaking off her shock, Willow leaned over and took the magazine into her hands, closely examining the picture of the muscular man who seemed to be lacking his shirt. “Well... he’s very bumpy. Is he supposed to be bumpy like that?”

Tara propped her chin on the redhead’s shoulder, her brow furrowing as she peered down at the picture. “I think that’s his muscles, Will. He’s very buff.”

“I dunno... He looks kinda scary.”

The magazine was ripped from the redhead’s grasp and Willow couldn’t help but wince at the intense look of fury that filled the excited girl’s eyes.

“Ughh!! You guys don’t know anything! He’s absolutely GORGEOUS!” The over-enthusiastic teenager then gave her magazine a kiss directly on the shirtless guy’s mouth.

Tara stuck out her tongue in distaste. “Eww... you don’t know what kind of germs are lurking on that thing, y’know. Who knows who’s been touching it.”

She only received a huff in response, and Willow and Tara could only shrug and roll their eyes again. Oh yeah, I really hope we’re never ever this insane...

Before the pre-teens could break out into another discussion of the cute boys in their magazines, a light rapping against the doorway silenced all the girls. Karen’s mother smiled as she poked her head inside the room. “All right, girls. It’s time for lights out.”

The older woman was met with a chorus of groans and she chuckled softly. “Don’t stay awake too late, okay?”

All of the teenagers chorused a ‘good night’ to Karen’s mom and slipped into their sleeping bags. As soon as the older woman had left, the room was filled with loud scuffling as everybody scooted their sleeping bags around to face each other in a circle. A tall, auburn-haired girl immediately piped up in a hushed voice, “Hey! Let’s play a game. Like, Truth or Dare or something.”

A tiny girl with short, blonde curls made a face at the suggestion. “That game’s stupid. You made me call Brian that one time and tell him he was cute. Uck!”

“Hey, how ‘bout we play that game where we describe our perfect boyfriend using parts of the guys from our class. Like... so-and-so’s eyes with so-and-so’s body, etc. We played that at Tina’s party last year and it was really fun!”

All the girls seemed to voice their agreement to the game as Willow and Tara flashed each other baffled looks. Perfect boyfriend...?

The excited girl who was obsessed about the shirtless magazine guy raised her hand and volunteered to go first. “Umm... okay, my perfect boyfriend would have... David’s eyes, Michael’s arms and shoulders, Ron’s body, and Kevin’s personality.”

“Oh my god, Ron is so fat! How could you pick him??”

“Shut up! He is not fat! He’s... buff!”

Squeals and laughter followed the girl’s answer as the other girls heckled her about her choices. A huge blush formed on the pre-teen’s face and giggles filled the air as she tried to duck under her pillow in embarrassment.

The game continued, moving around the circle to each person, and as other girls piped up to voice their opinions during their turns, Tara sat back and let her mind drift as she pondered the game.

Perfect boyfriend? Why would I want a boyfriend...? I mean, aren’t we kinda... I dunno... young or something to be thinking about stuff like this? It’s so weird. Well, we did have Sex Ed and all, but that was all about B.O. and periods and... okay, let’s not think about that. Eww...

Tara glanced over at Willow, who also seemed to be lost in her own thoughts.

I wonder what Willow’s ideal boyfriend would be like... Tall? Dark? Handsome? For some reason, the idea caused her to grimace slightly. She couldn’t picture her friend with a guy. She couldn’t even picture herself with a guy. Tara’s eyebrows furrowed as she rested her chin against her knees, which were hugged against her chest. Her blue eyes glanced up briefly to study the other girls who seemed to so readily come up with descriptions of the cute boys they would want to date. This sucks... Is this supposed to be this hard? Sheesh... Just ‘cause I don’t drool over the guys in those magazines and I don’t notice the ‘cuteness’ of the stupid boys in our class, doesn’t mean I’m weird or anything. ...right?

Sighing, Tara redoubled her efforts to mentally examine the boys in her grade. Well... Kevin’s nice. I guess that’s points for him? Umm... Ron pushed me that one time in first grade... He’s not very nice. Michael has nice green eyes. But they’re the wrong shade...

“Hey, Tara!”

Before she could examine her thoughts, Tara was abruptly snapped back to attention. Finding the gazes of the other girls focused on her, she immediately blushed hotly and ducked her head to cover her eyes with her hair. “Uh... y-yes?” She winced at the stammering coming from her lips.

One girl rolled her eyes and huffed snottily. “Well... what’s your answer?”

“Ummm....” It took the blonde a moment to remember what they were doing. “Uh... oh! W-well... I guess, what.... Allison s-said, but with, umm... Michael’s eyes?” She couldn’t remember what Allison had said, but she hoped that the girl hadn’t described someone horrible.

The other girls, apparently satisfied with Tara’s answer, moved on to Willow, who was also still deep in her thoughts. “Wha..? Oh! Umm... what were we doing again?”

All the other girls groaned and threw their pillows at the distracted girl. “Come on, pay attention, ya dorks!”

“Hey!” Annoyed at the assault, Willow immediately retaliated with a pillow barrage of her own, nailing one of their classmates directly on the forehead. At this action, everybody in the room could practically hear the battle horns sounding as all available pillows were grabbed and flung through the air. Random girls were tackled and pummeled with the fluffy weapons, and Willow and Tara fought valiantly as they guarded each other’s backs while cutting a swath through the mob of pre-teens.

Needless to say, the previous game was instantly forgotten as pillows and shrieks of laughter filled the air...

It took awhile to break up the brawl, but after being scolded by Karen’s mom, the girls all settled down and most nodded off, worn out by the fight. Scooting closer to Tara, Willow slid over until she was practically laying in the blonde’s sleeping bag instead of her own. “Hey... you still awake?”

The blonde turned so that she was laying comfortably facing Willow, her head only inches away from the other girl’s. “Yeah.”

Snuggling against her friend, Willow then surprised the blonde with a poke to the ribs. Tara squeaked and gave her friend an indignant look. “Hey! What was that for??”

The redhead gave her best friend an odd look. “Do you really think that David’s cute?”

Tara blinked at Willow in confusion. “What?? Where’d you get that from?”

Willow fidgeted with a loose thread on Tara’s pajama top. “Well, you did say that you agreed with Allison, and she basically said that she likes all of David.” The redhead rolled her eyes, remembering the dreamy look that the girl had had while extolling the boy’s virtues.

The blonde blinked again, before finally realizing what her friend was talking about. “Ohhh... well, I wasn’t really paying attention to the game and didn’t know what to say. So, I just picked her to agree with and added a slight modification so they wouldn’t notice.”

Willow glanced up at the blonde, feeling shy all of a sudden, for some reason. “Ohh... okay, well, I just was wondering. ‘Cause... you never mentioned anything like that before...”

It was Tara’s turn to give her best friend a playful poke. “Neither have you.” A question popped into her mind and she suddenly grew uncomfortable, but couldn’t figure out why. “Umm... well, what’s your ideal guy like? You never got to answer.”

Willow flashed the other girl a wry smile. “Well... I don’t really know either. I’m glad I didn’t have to answer, ‘cause I wouldn’t have known what to say.”

The two laid in silence for a few minutes, listening to the soft snores of their classmates. “Um... Willow? Do you think it’s... I dunno... weird that we never talk about this stuff? ‘Cause, all the other girls seem to never shut up about it, and we never really even think about it.”

Willow distractedly scratched at her nose as she thought about the question. “Hmm... I dunno. I mean, we are kinda different, ‘cause they are all crazy about those stupid magazines while we like stuff that’s more fun, like video games and stuff. But... maybe that’s it. We just have other things we like?” The redhead’s brow furrowed as she tried to puzzle out the situation.

The blonde closed her eyes and sighed, the teenage draw towards wanting to conform eating at her sense of self. “Do you think we should be thinking about this stuff more?”

“Well, I dunno... it looks kinda tiring being so perky and boy-crazy,” the redhead joked. Seeing the serious expression on her friend’s face, Willow sighed and leaned over to rest her forehead against the blonde’s. “I’m trying not to think too hard about all this, ‘cause it’s so confusing... but I’m guessing that all this stuff will hit us when it hits us. When we find guys that aren’t all icky like the one’s in our class, then maybe we’ll start seeing what all these other girls are seeing.”

Tara smiled softly as she relaxed against her friend. “Yeah, okay... But, you will tell me when you finally find someone you get a c-crush on, right?”

Giggling, the redhead playfully poked her tongue out. “Sure! I’ll need you to help me and whap me if I get too insane. Of course, you’ll have to tell me if you find someone you like, too.” Willow’s grin fell slightly as she tried to ignore the odd churning that suddenly erupted in her belly.

The two friends smiled at each other, feeling better now that they had talked everything over with each other. Yet, there was still this lingering bit of... something that niggled at the back of their minds. But as they found themselves covering their mouths to try and suppress sleepy yawns, they both silently decided that such matters could wait for another day.

Shifting back to their respective sleeping spots, they both settled comfortably into their sleeping bags and bid each other a quiet goodnight. As they drifted off to sleep, their thoughts unconsciously strayed back to each other, and they found their dreams filled with odd feelings that they weren’t used to and didn’t understand...

End notes: Yes, the evil ‘perfect boyfriend’ game does exist. I had to endure it while growing up with my very boy-crazy friends. *shudders* And yes, I did use the same tactic that Tara used.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next