The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Part 5: Fairy Tales
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:59 am 
And she's BAAAAAAACCKKK!!!

With a very nice chapter (let me join the chorus of awwwww), no less. :party

Thanks, Joy!!!

There is no gravity, the earth just sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:02 am 
Very awesome comeback Joy, great to see Tara unsure at first but have Willow reassure her straight away. Always a plus having snuggles in front of the open fire :)

Cheers

Nath

Isn't it funny how you feel your most tired five minutes before you have to get up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:53 am 
I think this is perfect. Like a happy ending, only it’s more of a beginning, right? Our Willow, she's such a brainy type!

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:39 am 
Joy;

So glad you came back to this fic and the girls are together.

Will be waiting for more.

BV

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:08 am 
Awwww, all with the snugglies...my favorite... :p

Tk's new and improved "GrrArgg"...Tk's Heaven

-----------------------------
Tara was similarly riveted, her body on slow burn as Willow's lips parted and her mouth opened, the food slipping inside and being consumed. Never in her life had Tara ever wanted to be a chicken casserole so badly...Later that night..."It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured, before passing out. ~ Answering Darkness by Sassette

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:00 am 
I've been neglecting you, oh great writer of fic. My feedback has been thin of late (trying to complete my own silly fic).

Now, then. To the topic at hand ... Tara hand, that is. And Wilow-belly. :drool

Excellent!

JD

"Was there a voice unkind in the back of your mind saying, "maybe..." (Jeff Buckley - The Last Goodbye)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:40 pm 
Again another fine update. I like the bit about going to hell and ending up on the hellmouth very, um, apt. and Tara offering to be Willow's umbrella was sooo Sweet.

Thank you. it was well worth the wait!

M

That was a designer lamp ya Mook!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:21 am 
Lovely update, Joy! Snuggles are very good! :D Lookin 4ward to more! :)

~Ashley~

Post subject: Chapter 40
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:51 pm 
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I've got a little more for you today. Hope you like!

~Joy

“So, New Year’s is coming up. What kind of crazy plans do you have for that night?” Xander asked across the circular table.

“I guess we’re gonna just watch the ball drop on tv, me and Mom and Dawn,” Buffy answered. “The usual staying in and having those little snack trays, pretty much the same way we do every year. Are you doing anything? We could make it a Scooby-fest. I know I’d enjoy it more with you guys there, and Mom would love company.”

He grinned. “I’d rather be not home for as long as possible, and hanging out at casa de Summers with you guys sounds like just the thing for some holiday cheer.” He snapped his current text closed. “It still feels really weird to be here during vacation. No one else is here, why can’t we get together at the Bronze or something?”

Giles turned a dubious gaze to Xander, eyebrows raised. “And do what exactly, do you suggest?” He nudged at his glasses with his thumb. “If you’d take a moment to remember, there are, of course, a great number of people there. Part of the reason we meet here is its, its secluded location. And then the research, when we’ve any to do, everything we need is right here.”

Willow nodded. “Yeah, but I mean, he kinda does have a point. Aren’t we sort of bringing attention to ourselves by being on campus during vacation? And the Bronze, okay, not exactly the best secret meeting spot.” She paused and smiled hopefully. “But maybe we could take a little break for a while and go to the Espresso Pump? It’s usually a little quieter there.”

“Ooh, cappuccino. I vote yes.” Buffy gave Giles the Puppy Eyes. “We are gonna go, right? Lunch break? We’ve been in the books for…” she checked her watch, “… forty-seven minutes. And I know I haven’t seen any oogly-booglies that ring a bell yet. Maybe I got the wrong book again. Willow always gets the good books.”

“Well,” Xander piped up, “there was that one time when I got the good book. You remember, right?”

Giles sighed and removed his glasses to pinch the bridge of his nose. “They’re all good books. Very useful, it just sometimes happens to be more a matter of chance as to which has the most pertinent information.” With a sigh, he replaced his glasses and nodded. “I can see we’re getting very little done here, so perhaps a change of scenery would be in order.” Before he could stand, all three teens were on their feet and halfway to the door. “No, that’s perfectly all right, go on without me. I’m certain I’ll manage to find you.” The doors swung shut without a word from anyone. “Don’t forget that I’m the one with the car,” he addressed the swinging double doors.

~~

“Hey, look, it’s Giles! Giles beat us here. How did he beat us here?” Xander wondered out loud. “And look, he’s already got his fancy tea and everything.”

“Wow, and he doesn’t even look out of breath. I’m impressed.”

Willow laughed. “He drove. See, we should have waited and we could have all got to ride in the Giles-Mobile.”

“Oh, come on, I could beat the Giles-Mobile if I sprinted,” Buffy commented as they approached the table.

The librarian ruffled his newspaper indignantly. “I’ll have you know there’s not a thing wrong with my vehicle. If it were as terrible as you make it out to be, I’d never make it anywhere, now, would I?” He cleared his throat and took a sip of tea. “And how did you enjoy the walk?”

“It was nice,” Willow said agreeably. “Kinda breezy though. Winter-ish.” The waitress approached the table and left a trio of menus. “Oh, hi Mary. How’s it going?”

“Hi Willow, Buffy, Mr. Giles. Xander.” The dark-haired young woman smiled amicably. “Everything’s good with me. You need some time before you’re ready to order?”

Xander nodded. “Yeah, a few minutes would be cool, thanks.”

“Hey, Mary? Think you could let Tara know I – we’re here?” the redhead asked.

“Oh, sure, no problem,” Mary answered before retreating to the kitchen. A few moments later, the golden-haired witch emerged from the same door, an exuberant grin on her face as she headed over to the Scoobies’ table.

“Hey, it’s the working girl! How’s Tara this afternoon?” Xander greeted her.

The young witch half-smiled and gave a shrug. “You know. Getting the bills paid. Thanks for stopping over!” Her tone was friendly to everyone, but her eyes kept coming back to Willow. “I saw Mr. Giles come in, but I didn’t get a chance to say hello. Hello, Mr. Giles.”

The Watcher nodded in greeting. “Tara. Nice to see you.” He was rather fond of the young woman – she seemed very clever and quite level-headed.

“I should get back to work right now, I’ve already taken my last break, but maybe we can hang out later?” she inquired of the group. “My shift ends at three, so maybe we could get together tonight?”

“If we’re still in research mode when you get out, I’ll walk you back to the library,” Willow volunteered. “We’re looking up this species Buffy ran into last night.”

The Slayer’s expression turned almost serious. “Small, but surprisingly tough. I’d kinda be interested in finding out if they travel alone or if we should expect some more of them. That way, if Faith hasn’t seen any yet, we can give her a heads-up if we think more are likely to be around.”

“All right, I’m in. If you’re still researching by then, that is. See you at three?”

Willow beamed. “Definitely. I’ll be here.”

~~

The elfin redheaded girl pushed her chair back from the library table. “I’m gonna go get Tara now, okay? We still haven’t cracked this and we could use the extra help.”

Giles distractedly agreed. “Yes, hurry back. I’m sure we’ll find something solid within the next hour.”

“Yeah, and if we don’t I’m gonna start to get cranky,” Buffy added. “Mean little suckers are taking up all my vacation time.”

Willow rose to exit the library, Xander all but pouncing on the book she’d just abandoned. “This time I’m gonna find it.”

Trying not to rush, the young witch made her way back down to the coffee shop, arriving promptly at three where she met Tara outside the door. The taller girl couldn’t stop smiling. “Hi sweetie,” she said in greeting. “You look cold, want my jacket?”

Willow shook her head but slipped her chilly hand into Tara’s. “I’ll be okay. You can warm me up.”

“All right, but I thought we were supposed to go help research,” the blonde teased, warming her girlfriend’s hands with her own.

The flame-haired young woman looked startled. “I didn’t mean like that! You’re so bad!”

“Oh, you know you like me that way.” The pair headed off to the high school arm in arm.

Joy: The shapeshifter scared the poo outta me when it first came on!!!!!
tk: this whole speech about going back..wayyyyy back, to the beginning
Joy: the real beginning ... hopefully not the movie....

Post subject: Re: Chapter 40
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:34 pm 
Yay a very well done update there :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:50 pm 
Bravo, Joy. You tell such a sweet story. My own guess is that when Willow comes "out" there'll be some interesting consequences (especially vis-a-vis Mary).

"O Let my name be in the Book of Love!
If it be there I care not of that other Book above.
Strike it out! Or write it in anew, but
Let my name be in the Book of Love!"

--Omar Kayam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:01 pm 
Aww I loved the update. It was so cute when Tara waited on their table, and let her look linger on Will...

And the hand-holding, and everything, was very nice! :D

Thanks, Joy

-------------------------

"Willow laughs, kissing her. Soft and sensual. Deep love territory."

Seeing Red, Shooting Script

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:59 pm 
yay!!! another update and good too but i want more Willow and Tara time but who doesn't :)

The word "gulp" comes to mind.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:47 am 
hehe, certainly need more t/w time. how cute are they?!!! that snuggle scene was just perfect... sigh... but i feel bad for mary too. cant wait for more!

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:54 am 
Willow's suggestion that they reconvene at the Espresso Pump. Hmm, wonder did she have an ulterior motive for that!

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:55 am 
Oh my, gone and left us hangin again....Great update!

BV

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:21 am 
Great update once again Joy and Tara's right yoy know, we all like a little bad Tara so you wont here us complaining :grin looking forward to reading more of your wonderful story

Cheers

Nath

Isn't it funny how you feel your most tired five minutes before you have to get up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:47 pm 
:clap So glad to see this great fic up and running again! Sweet updates, Joy! Can't wait for more!

"The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love,which includes not only others but ourselves as well." -Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:42 pm 
Cute update!!! :heart

More please?!?!?!?

*lil´c*

Unter den Blinden ist der Einäugige König.[

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:04 pm 
Very sweet update! I love em all couple-y like that! And bad Tara is always a good thing in my opinion. ;) Can't wait 4 more! :)

~Ashley~

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.
Tara: I said quirky.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:48 pm 
They are adorable Joy, Willow is just so perfectly happy and they are so shy cute with each other :)

Great stuff.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Tara and Willow

Accept NO subsitutes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:18 pm 
Just caught up on the last two updates :grin Loved the snuggley goodness :D They're just all kinds of cute together :p Lookin' forward to more :)

--Michelle

Post subject: Cool
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:20 pm 
Joy,

The update is wonderfull, I love it. It made my day a tiny bit brighter. Thanks

Much Love,

Lisa

Must I dream and Always see your face.~ Jeff Buckley "Last goodbye"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recomended Reading: IttyBittyKitty's fic...
"7th Hellvan"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post subject: Chapter 41
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:20 am 
Here we goes, Kitties! Thanks for the kind words and many thanks for reading! God I love reading. Read read read ... and writing! Write write, get an upper respiratory infection, finally finish writing, cough a lot, etc. Heehee.

~Joy

“What took you so long, Willster?” Xander asked. “We found the little suckers while you were gone. And I feel compelled to point out that I had the good book this time, too.”

Buffy smirked knowingly. “And I feel compelled to point out that you took Willow’s book after she left. Hi, Tara.”

Willow glanced at her watch. “We weren’t gone that long,” she said somewhat defensively in reply to Xander, while Tara gave Buffy a smile and wave of greeting. “What did you find out?” Willow continued as she and Tara pulled up chairs at the table, while Buffy and Giles went over the book.

“Oh, just that these things apparently breed like rabbits,” Buffy said, sounding quite unhappy with this newfound knowledge.

Giles flipped a page, frowning. “There could have been only one of the creatures, but it’s highly improbable given that they normally live in clans. If we don’t get this situation under control, it’s most likely we’ll end up with an, an infestation of the little buggers. We just need to pinpoint the most logical location for a nest.”

Tara peered at the illustration. “They look like kobolds,” she observed. She got astonished looks from Giles, Xander, and Buffy.

“How did you know that?” Giles wondered.

Willow grinned at Tara proudly. “Mythology girl.”

“Well, sort of.” The Wiccan’s face tinted slightly red and she continued. “Kobolds … they’re these little sort of dog-faced, pointy-eared guys. I think the old stories were German in origin? Anyway, they weren’t supposed to be good or bad, just more or less chaotic.”

Buffy shook her head. “Well something must have got the ugly little sucker’s fur in a ruffle, because it came on real strong.”

Tara nodded. “You might have been close to the nest, then.”

Giles ran his fingers over a line in the old text. “It says here that they prefer to dwell underground.”

“Well, that really narrows it down. We’ve got the sewers, caverns and caves…” Willow rattled off, thinking out loud.

The Slayer cracked her knuckles, seemingly read to go a few rounds with the diminutive demons. “I was close to the caves near the woods, I think it would be best if we start there tonight. I’ll find Angel and Faith, that way if we end up in a fight we can pretty much handle ourselves.” Xander cleared his throat loudly. Catching Buffy’s eye, he cleared his throat again, pointedly. “Hey, maybe it would be better if you stayed in tonight, Xander. Sounds like you’re coming down with something,” the Slayer grinned, knowing he’d wanted to come along.

“Hey, they’re just little guys, I’m sure I could help.”

Buffy shook her head. “Sorry, I just want to take a look at what we’re going up against. One of them was hard enough on my own, so I’m betting we’ll need the extra firepower if you’re up for it. But it depends on what we’ve got, so we’ll all meet up tomorrow unless it’s looking really bad.” Xander seemed somewhat satisfied, and Giles all but beamed with pride that Buffy wasn’t just going to jump in with a weapon and see what happened.

“That sounds good, Buffy,” Willow agreed. “I, um, I’ll be at Tara’s place tonight, so if you need us? You’ve got her number, right?”

The tiny blonde nodded in affirmation. “If we need witchy mojo, you’ll be the first to know.”

~~

After the Scooby meeting had disbanded, Willow and Tara had walked back to Court Street and settled in at Tara’s tiny apartment. Hopefully they would be able to spend the entire night there uninterrupted, but with the monster situation it wouldn’t surprise either of them if Buffy contacted them. Nevertheless, the pair had settled down on the couch, wrapped comfortably in one of Tara’s blue fuzzy blankets. Two cups of cocoa sat on the makeshift end table, still steaming.

Willow leaned back against Tara, whose longer legs wrapped around Willow’s hips. Resting on Willow’s stomach was a book that Tara was quietly reading from. “…And they lived happily ever after,” the pale-haired witch said with a smile. Closing the book, she reached back for her mug of cocoa, which may have actually been Willow’s mug, and sipped from it.

Willow sighed contentedly, leaning her head back against Tara’s shoulder. “Good story. Tell it again?” she inquired, reaching for the mug that her girlfriend held.

Tara chuckled and handed over the mug, reaching back for the other one. “If I tell it again,” she said, pausing for a sip of warm cocoa, “I’m afraid you’ll get tired of hearing it. There are fourteen other stories in this book that are all perfectly good.” She set her mug back and wrapped both arms around Willow’s shoulders and kissed the smaller woman’s apple-scented tresses.

“I know, but I like that one. Plus it doesn’t have any frogs in it.” She shivered. “Way too many of those stories have frogs in them. I’m really glad I wasn’t a princess back in those days. And if I was a princess, I’d just be with you anyway.”

Tara gave Willow a little squeeze. “Well, the witches were all pretty ugly in these books. Wouldn’t I have lost you to some handsome prince-slash-former frog in the end?”

“Nope,” she responded, “I would have never kissed a frog, no matter what he said. And I never would have had one eat at my table or sleep in my bedroom. Ugh. Even if you could ever be an ugly witch, in some freak alternate dimension where you aren’t the most beautiful girl alive, I’d rather have you than an icky frog any day.”

Tara laughed. “Even if I had warts and green skin?” she teased, tickling Willow’s sides, making her giggle and squirm. “Hey, what if I was a frog, and you had to kiss me to turn me into my human shape again? Then what?”

The redhead grinned playfully. “Then I’d think about it.”

Tara put one hand to her chest as if shocked. “You wound me! You’d think about it?”

“Well, okay, yeah, I’d kiss you if you were a frog. But you’d turn back into a girl right away?”

“Right away,” she confirmed, laying another kiss on those auburn locks. “But I might be an ugly green-skinned witch-girl.”

Willow shook her head. “As long as you were still Tara, I wouldn’t care what you looked like.” Tara leaned down and kissed Willow, both young women soon getting lost in one another. Willow broke the kiss to shift her weight and rolled over to face Tara, the Wiccan enjoying having Willow’s small frame pressing down on her. Unnoticed, the book slid off the couch onto the floor.

Author's Note: I love kobolds. ^_^

Joy: The shapeshifter scared the poo outta me when it first came on!!!!!
tk: this whole speech about going back..wayyyyy back, to the beginning
Joy: the real beginning ... hopefully not the movie....

Post subject: Re: Chapter 41
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:09 am 
An update!! :bounce

I love how Will and Tara keep disappearing together, and the other scoobs never catch on.

Mmm, you stopped at a great smoochies moment...I hope you continue at the same place!

Willow laughs, kissing her. Soft and sensual. Deep love territory.

Seeing Red, Shooting Script.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:45 am 
Very nice indeed Joy, loving Willow and Tara sneaking of for some quite alone time. Laughed when Willow said she'd kiss Tara if she were a frog, can see how much the smitten kitten she really is :)

Cheers

Nath

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:43 am 
hehe, the froggie thing was cute..oh the love, the snuggles...

please continue.. ;)

Tk's new and improved "GrrArgg"...Tk's Heaven

Tara was similarly riveted, her body on slow burn as Willow's lips parted and her mouth opened, the food slipping inside and being consumed. Never in her life had Tara ever wanted to be a chicken casserole so badly... Later that night..."It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured, before passing out. ~ Answering Darkness by Sassette

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:50 am 
Lovely, Joy! Tara is becoming quite a helper for the scoobies. But i definitely enjoyed their alone time more. The couch snuggles, wrapped in a blanket, a nice lil story, oh and ya can't forget the hot cocoa! Very nice! And to top it all off ya end it with smoochies, what more could ya ask for! :D

Can't wait 4 the next update! :)

~Ashley~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:32 am 
I am really enjoying this fic. (Got two chapters this morning and I can't stop smiling!)

I love how Tara knows things ... which, in turn, is helpful to the Scoobies.

I'd love to see Tara's friend's reactions to Willow ... and their relationship. (As they knew about the crush ... but this? Wow!)

JD

"Was there a voice unkind in the back of your mind saying, "maybe..." (Jeff Buckley - The Last Goodbye)

Post subject: Re: Fic: Working title - No More
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:23 pm 
They are so cute together. :heart

The frog-talk was funny!

*lil´c*

Unter den Blinden ist der Einäugige König.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next