The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Fic: Working title - No More
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:44 pm 
Cool update :D Loved the snuggles on the couch and the frog thing was funny :p and smoochies are always good :grin

--Michelle

Post subject: Re: Chapter 41
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:21 pm 
Joy, this is such a sweet and lov-er-lee tale! I'm wondering how far you're going to take this tale? Into college? Likewise, I'm kinda a-tingle over a scene that presumably is coming--namely, the Scoobies finding out about Willow and Tara.

"GOD created Man in his own image. Man, being a gentleman, returned the courtesy." -Voltaire

Post subject: Re: Chapter 41
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:00 am 
Such a lovely scene to imagine, both cuddled together while Tara tells stories to Willow as they drink cocoa. I love how playful they are together, joking about the frogs and all. Thanks.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

Post subject: Chapter 42
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:11 pm 
Good God it's been a long time since I updated. I have a beta now, and I decided I'd just give you all a "this fic isn't dead" sort of post. To make up for the long lapse since the last chapter, this one starts out on a very nice note. ^__^

Chapter 42 [Fairy Tales Chapter 4]

Tara reached up and tucked Willow’s hair back, in the same motion pulling the smaller girl down and gently kissing her. Willow’s lips were almost impossibly soft, had some mysterious property that seemed to be addictive. Every time they’d kissed so far, it had been quite brief and they would pull apart as soon as either of them felt uncomfortable, but it was always hard to tell how much time had passed. Time seemed to slow to a lazy crawl in moments like this, but all too soon it would be over, with Willow sliding her hands down Tara’s arms to squeeze her hands or simply curling against the blonde to be held. Taking it slow didn’t bother Tara at all - she just always seemed to be yearning for just one more kiss, for just a few more seconds with Willow’s lips on her own. And as for Willow, her attraction to Tara had become just as physical as it was emotional, but she was terribly unsure of herself when it came to expressing that.

Willow had propped herself partially up on one elbow and knee, letting her body lay over Tara’s without having the Wiccan support her full weight. One of Tara’s legs still wrapped around Willow’s, while one of her hands trailed down Willow’s back. Once she reached the edge of the fabric, the sorceress tentatively slipped her hand under her girlfriend’s shirt and upwards. This would usually be the point where Willow pulled away from the kisses, but tonight she did not. In fact, she let a little bit more of her weight press against Tara in response, causing the blonde to inhale sharply in surprised pleasure. Willow, however, misunderstood the cause of the taller girl’s little gasp and pulled away, quickly propping herself back up, her dark eyebrows lifting in concern.

“N-no, Willow … I’m okay. It’s, it’s good,” Tara said reassuringly, wanting more than anything to resume. One of the Wiccan’s slender hands was still curled around the back of Willow’s neck, the other still beneath her girlfriend’s shirt, resting on her lower back.

Still uncertain, yet also wishing to continue, Willow whispered, “You’re sure? ‘Cause I don’t want to hurt you.”

Tara smiled. “I doubt you could. But if that ever happens, I’ll be sure to let you know.” She rubbed her thumb slowly up and down Willow’s spine, keeping the rest of her hand still on her love’s lower back.

Leaning back down, Willow’s eyes drifted shut again as her lips once more met Tara’s. After a few moments, the redhead felt Tara’s tongue all too briefly run over her lower lip before retreating. Suddenly this was a sensation that needed to be pursued and explored. After a few moments of extremely hesitant attempts, lips parted and the pair quickly became focused on their explorations.

Tara’s hand continued on its slow path up and down Willow’s back, though her mind was wandering on to various other body parts. Two of the body parts in question pressed comfortably against the fair-haired girl’s chest. This must be heaven, because it was more wonderful then she had ever imagined anything on this earth could be.

In the near-total silence of the apartment, the sudden ringing of the phone seemed deafening. Startled, Willow jumped backwards, or at least, she tried to. Tara’s hand and leg limited her freedom of motion, and the smaller girl toppled unceremoniously off the couch to the floor. “I’m okay, I’m okay!” she managed in a rather muffled voice, trying to kick free of the fuzzy blanket. “Where was that cocoa mug…?”

Tara, meanwhile, struggled to extricate her hand from her girlfriend’s top in order to come to her aid. She was rather less than successful in her attempt, and had to crawl off the couch in order to free herself. By the time Tara managed to get down to check on Willow, the redhead was laughing hysterically at the entire situation. The Wiccan shook her head and reached for the phone. “This better be good,” she told the phone in a semi-threatening tone before picking up. “Buffy? Hello?”

This was followed by a long pause. “Why are you waiting for Buffy to call you?” Michael finally responded, befuddled.

“Michael! I’m sorry! I wasn’t expecting … sorry!” Willow tried to get her laughter under control, still letting out an occasional burst of giggles.

“Um … while I’m not trying to interrogate you or anything, what’s going on? And what’s so funny?”

Tara held back a chuckle herself. “Willow fell off the couch.” Willow pulled herself back up onto the couch and sat down behind Tara, then began to put a small braid in those long golden locks. “She’s okay, though. Um, w-what’s up?”

Michael slowly shook his head, trying not to imagine what they had been doing. “I was actually just calling to let you know that I’m having a New Year’s Eve party. You’re welcome to come and bring who ever you want to.”

“Hey, that sounds cool! I actually don’t have plans yet, so count me in.” The sorceress smiled excitedly. She’d never been invited to a party before – not that she’d have been allowed to attend one before coming to Sunnydale. Maybe Willow would even come with her.

“Excellent,” the Goth responded. “If you see anyone else you want to invite … maybe a nice-looking guy at the Espresso Pump….” Tara laughed, and Michael continued. “Just don’t go inviting the whole town, okay? The house can only take so much. I’ll let you go, though. I’m sure you and Willow have something you would rather be doing.”

Tara smiled up at Willow, and said into the phone “Thanks. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, okay?” Both then said goodbye and hung up, allowing Tara to climb back up on the couch next to Willow. She reached up to feel her hair, where three small braids had been woven on the side of her head. “You think I should keep them?” she questioned, slipping her hand into Willow’s.

Willow smiled and squeezed Tara’s hand. “You don’t have to. I can put them back any time you want, though. So that was Michael?”

“Yeah, he’s having a New Year’s Eve party!” the Wiccan said happily. “I’ve never been invited to a party. Do … do you maybe want to come with me?”

The look on Willow’s face, though, was not the glowing smile Tara had expected. “I can’t. Buffy’s having one at her place, and Xander and Giles and I already said we’d be there. I’d really like to spend it with you, but Mrs. Summers is probably already planning everything. Plus Dawn – Buffy’s sister – she’d probably be really let down if I didn’t show.”

Tara tried to hide her disappointment at this news. “Oh, I – I didn’t know. It’s okay, though, I bet Buffy and her family would have a better time if you were there. Maybe … maybe next year.”

The smaller witch scooted closer to Tara on the couch. “I’m sorry I forgot to mention it. Can you forgive me?”

“Of course, sweetie,” Tara answered, wrapping her arm around Willow again. “Maybe we could have a – a New Year’s Eve Eve party or something.” She could tell now that Willow was just as upset as she was about having made other plans. Spending a bit more time together wouldn’t be able to replace spending their first New Year’s Eve together, but it would help both of them feel better about the situation.

“Or a New Year’s Day one?” the flame-haired witch suggested. “Wanna maybe watch the Rose Parade with me at my house?”

Tara smiled and hugged Willow. “That sounds like a great plan.”

Tara: Um ... that, that was funny if you, um, studied Taglarin mythic rites ... and are a complete dork.

Riley: Oh, then how come Xander didn't laugh?

Xander: I don't know that Taglarin stuff.

Post subject: Re: Chapter 42
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:38 pm 
You know, I really liked this story. I remember that much. But that's all I can remember. :blush

So, I'm very happy that you are continuing with this fic. But before I can appreciate your update I will have to reread the rest (or better the beginning) again. Not that that's a hardship or anything.:grin

And it doesn't keep me from thanking you for the new part.:banana :applause :eatme

How can you kill people who killed people, to show that killing people is wrong?

I've kissed her best friend. I've reached into her best friend's pocket and fished around for keys. And I gave her best friend my number. I must be doing something totally, totally wrong... - TBSOL by Dreams

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:51 pm 
I just read this whole thing today and I just have to say THANK GODDESS I didn't have to wait the almost year everybody else did for the makeout session!!

This fic is amazing. The anxiousness I felt when Tara was escaping was incredible. I don't know when I became such a pessimist, but I just 'knew' she was gonna get caught. I think I was visibly relieved when she got away. Well visibly if anyone was looking :wink And the star story - OMG!! That was the absolute sweetest thing ever. I decided I'm giving my gf a star (and probably a more traditional gift) for our anniversary this year. Thanks for the inspiration!

Amazing. Absolutely amazing!

-shuyaku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:09 pm 
joy! it's back! You're back! Love the story, You really captured Tara's longing in this sentence "she just always seemed to be yearning for just one more kiss, for just a few more seconds with Willow’s lips on her own" ... just right. Thanks for this fic, I hope you don't stay away so long this time.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

-Me & Bobby
McGee

Post subject: Incredible!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:13 am 
OHHH!!!

This fic is just great.:applause :clap

I read all in one shoot, the way u white everthing, they emotions, what they doing......incredible!

And chapter 38

WOW :thud :thud and WOW

It was incredible cute...wonderful..with the stars thing,

and the snow...awesome!

I hope they don't get interrupet the next time!

:devil

I wait for read more soon, really soon :pray

:bigkiss and :bigwave ,

-Halfsmile-

Post subject: Re: Incredible!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:40 pm 
I saw this pop up on the first page and thought ... ooohhhh ... haven't read this yet ... and boy did I read it ... ALL of it ... in one sitting! :grin

I too have to say thank the Goddess that I didn't have to wait a year for that update!

:banana :eatme :banana

Please please please go back to updating regularly ... this fic is so much fun to read ... even though it was hard to picture Amy as one of the good guys at first. :shock

I'm hoping our two leading ladies somehow manage to spend the stroke of midnight together :clap ... that we've heard the last of Tara's family ... and you just have to tell us how all the following happen ...

coming out to (being discovered by) Scoobies

officially dumping Oz

doing spells

the demon issue

the school dance

graduation / UC Sunnydale

I could go on and on and on

cheers

rocci

:pride

----

She has the best nipples in town and she knows it. She has nipple confidence.

Tina on Shane, L-Word

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:56 am 
I have only just found this story and I havbe to say that it really is brilliant.

The first part was very angsty :paranoid what with wondering wether Tara would get away or not.

I like the way that you've woven Tara into the events of S3 and the last few chapters have been very sweet. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Anya in a wimple...I'd pay full admission for that. Gods Served And Abandoned - by Antigone Unbound

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:24 pm 
Hello there,

I just found your fic and I read all 42 chapters in on go

..took me a good few Kleenex, I loved every bit of it

I am soooo glad I didn´t have to wait all those months for an update, I hope you will be able to keep up writing

:flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower

Aishling

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 pm 
Take this from a so far straight woman, you go girl, and rock on!!!!! Exceptional writing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Thanks, for making my evening; hell, my week for that matter. MUCHO THANKS (yes, I am Hispanic, but, I don't speak anything but English)--and have a beautiful day:bigkiss

Marie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:03 am 
Oh my god..wow, I have just read the whole of this fic and it so rocks :applause Thank you so much, it's amazing. Love Sammi xx

Post subject: Re: Feedback
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:53 pm 
Thanks for reading and for the feedback. I'm happy you are enjoying the story so far. I just sent the next chapter to my beta - I should have that posted as soon as we work through it. I just wanted to let you know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth so, no, it won't be another year before you hear from me again. :wink

One of the things that led to the mega-delay was canon. Stupid canon. Now that I have decided that canon doesn't matter that much in an AU fic, especially an AU fic that takes place about 3 seasons before canon went to hell, I'm good to go with the writing again. You oughta be seeing that next chapter in a matter of days.

Again, thanks for your kind words and huge thanks for those of you who sat and read 42 chapters in one sitting! You guys are BRAVE! :grin

~Joy

Tara: Um ... that, that was funny if you, um, studied Taglarin mythic rites ... and are a complete dork.

Riley: Oh, then how come Xander didn't laugh?

Xander: I don't know that Taglarin stuff.

Post subject: Re: Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:05 am 
May I just say, I love this fic!:clap :applause :banana

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:23 am 
This is one of my favorite fics! ahhhhh I can't wait until the update:sob thanks so much for this wonderful fic!

~carol:kitty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:42 pm 
MOOOOOOOOORE! please? :pray

this is a great fic, i love the detail you put into it. thanks for this happy happy day!

~carol:kitty

Post subject: Chapter 43
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:55 pm 
Sorry for the delay - my beta is temporarily offline. This will probably result in trading floppy disks at work for a while until she can get back online again, because she has to use the library computers to get online at all. :( I miss you, Lisa! This chapter's more setup for things to come, but there is still plenty of W/T happiness ahead.

Fairy Tales, Chapter 5

Xander threw Dawn a wink and tossed a carrot stick covered in ranch dip high into the air, catching it perfectly in his mouth. Dawn grinned and mimed applause, keeping silent the entire time. Mrs. Summers, though, had seen the whole thing from the doorway. “Xander Harris, don’t be putting ideas into my daughter’s head,” she scolded.

“Aww, Mom! You know I wouldn’t do anything like that.” Dawn raised her eyebrows and widened her eyes innocently.

Xander agreed. “Yeah, Ms. Summers, her mouth’s still way too small to do that, anyway.” He dodged a good-natured swat from both Mrs. Summers and Dawn at this remark. “Hey, come on! I’ll behave, I promise.”

Meanwhile, Buffy and Willow sat on the couch watching “New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Dick Clark,” waiting for the ball to drop. Willow commented that she felt sorry for the bands playing in that night, because they had to be so far from home, even though it was a really important gig, as Oz would have put it. “I wonder what’s taking Giles so long,” Willow looked at the door hopefully, as though the Watcher may have been waiting for his cue to knock on the front door. No knock came, though, and Mrs. Summers glanced at the clock again.

Buffy, too, looked towards the door. “Maybe I should head out and check on him. If he’d just get a cell phone like everyone else, we wouldn’t have to worry like this.” Just as she was starting for the door, though, they could all hear a distinct clomp of shoes on the porch. “I’ll just go let him in, then. You know, while I’m up,” the Slayer said, trying not to show how relieved she was that Giles was here. A hurried rap at the door, though, rushed Buffy’s step once more. All, it seemed, was not well.

Giles stood on the porch with Faith - an unlikely pair if there ever was one. Both looked a bit out of breath, and the arm of the tidy librarian’s jacket was torn in several places. Buffy threw the door wide, gesturing for them to come in. “Hey, what’s going on?” the blonde Slayer demanded, indicating her Watcher’s state of disarray. The others had gathered around the door silently, filling the foyer with an air of concern.

“It’s those damn rat-faced things! I thought we got rid of them already!” Faith said hotly. “There’s got to be like fifty thousand of them, getting ready to take over the whole town.” A closer look at the more impulsive Slayer revealed that the right leg of her jeans had been all but shredded, and dark blood, presumably not all her own for the amounts of it, colored much of the once dark blue denim a purplish-red. A cut near her hairline on the right side of her head was now noticeable, and blood from that wound had run down past her ear and onto her neck.

“Kobolds, as she said,” Giles added, clutching his arm. “They, ah, they seem to have made a rather astounding comeback in the past week. ‘Like rabbits’ indeed.”

Mrs. Summers frowned, eyeing the new arrivals’ injuries. “Let me help you get those cleaned up, Rupert. Faith?” Faith shook her head, but Giles shrugged his jacket off, gingerly pulling it over the slashes covering his forearm. Buffy’s thoughts traveled back quite randomly to a training session long past, in which Giles had demonstrated unarmed blocking against an armed opponent. He had emphasized the importance of keeping the inside of the arm towards his body to protect the veins that ran there. A look at the gashes on the outside of her Watcher’s arm reinforced the point as never before.

Within moments her thoughts returned to the present as her mother cleaned a now seated Giles’ wounds. Dawn, she realized, was no longer in the room. She assumed the younger Summers had been sent to her room. “…great deal of them, though I seriously doubt that fifty thousand is an accurate count.” A pause as he winced against the sting of the alcohol. “They’re armed mostly with spears, and were converging on the south-western side of town. I came across them while driving around town to check on our current situation, and found Faith in the thick of things.”

Xander eyed the dark Slayer appraisingly. “Tactical retreat?” he questioned with a gentle smile.

“Hey, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t hogging all the fun,” she shot back. “Maybe that’s my resolution, okay? So what are we waiting for? Let’s crash this party.”

Buffy couldn’t help thinking that they already had.

~~

There was quite a crowd at Michael’s house – it seemed that anyone who was not at the Bronze had ended up at the raven-haired young man’s party to ring in the New Year. Tara sat in the living room, watching Amy amidst the other merrily dancing teens with a soft smile. She was always surprised how relaxed her friends could make her feel, even though the crowd was a bit too large for her liking. She momentarily wondered how different her night would have been if she’d been able to go to Buffy’s.

A few minutes later, she saw Michael weaving through the group of jocks to Tara’s left, holding a phone to his ear. She couldn’t hear what he was saying, but he made sure to catch Tara’s eye and gestured for her to follow him away from the living room. The noise from the music and conversations eased into a slow but steady decrescendo as the two witches got farther away, and she could hear Michael’s voice now. “Sorry,” he said into the phone, “I had to pry her off of the dance floor so you could talk to her.” He winked at Tara as he said this, and closed the door, the noise from the party now a muffled buzz with a steady undertone of rhythmic thumps from the bass.

He handed the phone off to Tara. “Hello?”

“Tara, good, so everything’s okay there?” Willow questioned.

“Um, yeah. Why, what’s going on?” Tara responded, concern steadily growing.

Willow sighed. “Well, Giles said the kobolds are back in force. From the sound of things, they’re getting ready to tear up Main Street as we speak.” She paused for a brief moment before continuing. “They - they hurt Giles earlier.”

Tara tried to stay calm. “Is he, is he okay? He’s gonna be okay, right?”

“Yeah, he’ll be fine, I mean, he knows how to take care of himself, right? And Buffy’s mom took care of his cuts,” Willow reassured her. “He’s all patched up now, I think he’s gonna come out with us when we go.”

Tara frowned, not liking the sound of this. Giles was not supposed to get hurt, and if he did, it could only indicate a truly bad situation. “When are you going?”

“Um, pretty much now. I think everyone’s ready.”

“Where? I’m going with you.”

Post subject: Re: Chapter 43
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:12 pm 
whoo and hoo ... we got an update ... short but sweet ... and WAY better than nothing :applause

Pry Tara off the dance floor? Do we get to see Willow question/tease that point? :p

Yay, the girls still have the chance of spending new year's night together ... even if it involves fighting some badies.

Hope the beta connection issue gets resolved soon ... cause well, no internet connection is bad enough ... but if it hinders the timeframe of getting updates ... well, that's just ... unpleasant.

cheers

rocci

----

She has the best nipples in town and she knows it. She has nipple confidence.

L-Word

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:57 am 
Yay..update :flower So sweet too...I loved the whole xander and Joyce scene :lol ..Love sammi xxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:57 pm 
Hey joy, thanks for the update, and yes tara and willow found a way to spend new year's together. i would have loved to have seen willow's reaction to the news taht tara was tearing up the dance floor.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

-Me & Bobby
McGee

Post subject: Chapter 44
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:56 pm 
The library computers are okay when one has no other options. Also, research is good. These are my thoughts for the day. In other news, this chapter is a bit longer than my usual shorter-at-around-1000-words-each chapters. Be of good cheer. Thus ends my randomness.

Fairy Tales, Chapter 6

"Tara, no, please stay out of this," Willow implored. "I’d feel better if I knew you were safe."

Tara huffed resolutely into the phone. "And I would feel better if I knew you were safe, but you’re going to fight. And if it’s as bad as we think it is, you’re going to need me, and anyone I can get to go with me. Willow, please. Just let me help." She was set on going now - no amount of kobolds would keep her from being at Willow’s side. With Giles injured, the Scoobies were sure to need all the help they could get.

Practicality would eventually win out, Willow knew. They simply needed more than this tiny army to present more than a momentary inconvenience to the gathered clan. "…If you can get Amy to go along with you? Meet us on the corner of Alvarado and State Street, on the north side of the park. Have at least one strong defensive spell ready, okay?" she finally agreed. Amy was a quick thinker, and her spells were unusually fast and powerful. Even though Buffy didn’t trust her, she couldn’t deny that the girl would be an asset in a fight.

Tara agreed, and hurriedly explained the situation to Michael once she got off the phone. The boy offered to go along and help out, but the golden-haired witch shook her head. For one thing, his ribs were still not totally healed - but more importantly, if the host of the party was missing, people were sure to notice. Even in Sunnydale, there were some things that couldn’t possibly escape notice. After explaining things again to Amy, the taller witch immediately agreed to lend whatever aid she could in town, and before Tara could really register what she was getting herself into, she found herself seated next to Amy, headed towards the park and going over a few basic incantations.

They pulled up and parked next to the Summers’ Jeep Cherokee, seeing the Scoobies readying for battle a few yards away. Giles had his arm wrapped, but was gesturing to Buffy and Faith, likely something about the terrain and finding a way to turn that to their favor. Xander appeared restless and had his fists clenched around a battleaxe, looking to the south. Willow was the first to see Amy and Tara, and started off in their direction.

Tara reached out and squeezed Willow’s hand, glad to see that nothing had happened to her favorite redhead. Now that she was here, she was determined that nothing would. "Where are the kobolds?" the sorceress questioned immediately. She knew they didn’t have much time, and that the best way to use what time they had would be to prepare for the battle.

"They’re probably just south – Xander’s watching, and we picked up Angel to do the real scouting," Willow answered. "Once he reports back, we’re gonna go in. Giles says Buffy, Faith, and Angel are gonna be our front lines. Then Giles and Xander will be behind them, and we’ll be in the back working the mojo." She shifted and looked back to where Giles stood. "We, we tried to convince him to keep to the back with us, he’s not really in the best shape for this. And he has much better diction with the Latin." She led the newcomers to the main group as she spoke, arriving at the same time that Angel appeared over the gentle slope of hill in the park.

"Angel, what’s the status of the kobolds?" Giles asked, all business, trying not to be ruffled by the sight of the vampire that had done so much damage to all he held dear.

Angel frowned, and reached for a broadsword planted point-down in the soil. "They’re pushing this way. They haven’t really been stopping to tear things up like you’d expect a mob of that size to do – just heading north and squawking to each other, beating their shields with their spears. If they hold pace, they ought to be here in about five minutes or so."

The Watcher nodded. "Willow, shall we start the protection spell?" He looked to Amy and Tara. "I trust you’re familiar with the mechanics of warding?" It wasn’t really a question he expected an answer to, but the girls nodded anyway. The four magic-users quickly but carefully constructed their circle of protection, sure to make it large enough to encompass all eight of them. As far as they could tell, the spell went off without a hitch.

"Are you sure we can’t just talk to them?" Tara asked hopefully.

"Yeah," Faith said, "I’m sure they’ll come over the hill and see us with our weapons, and say ‘Wow, a few kids with pointy sticks. Maybe we really oughta think about this!’"

Xander raised an eyebrow. "Don’t suppose any of you speak kobold, anyway." He tightened his grip on the axe again, his knuckles white.

The first of the spears were visible over the top of the hill, and high-pitched yapping sounds could be heard under the more overt marching beat, growing steadily louder. Amy’s eyes widened – but not in fear so much as in revelation. "Wait a second! I know this!"

Willow wore a bewildered expression. "You know kobold? Why didn’t you say something before?"

The witch shook her head. "No, no, not kobold," Amy dismissed hurriedly. "There was a spell Michael and I were working on a while back to talk with animals. You remember it, Tara?" she urged.

Tara nodded her head, though she too looked baffled. "But I thought you never got it to work right?"

Amy nodded eagerly, which only contributed to the group’s confusion as the yapping grew steadily louder. "I think it was just a wrong ingredient! I’m pretty sure we can fix it in a few minutes if we all put our heads together."

"Well, start thinking!" Buffy urged. "Time’s ticking down here real fast."

After a rushed yet detailed run-through of how the spell had been set up, Giles suggested a substitution of jasmine in place of valerian, and Tara made a quick addition to the somatic portion that she thought may be of help. The kobolds, however, had now crested the rise to the south and were still headed towards the small group in the meadow in perfect rhythm with one another. Tara quickly dug through some supplies she and Amy had gathered from Michael’s collection, picking out a baggie of this and a vial of that from the bag they’d brought. All four of the magic-users worked quickly to prepare the spell, though from the look of things, there wouldn’t be enough time.

Xander stepped to the front of the group, setting the battleaxe down for a moment and waving his arms at the kobolds, who looked at him in utter confusion. "Whoa, whoa, little guys, just hold on a second here," he said, making the "time out" signal with his hands.

"Xander! What do you think you’re doing?" Buffy hissed, trying to tug him back behind her. He batted at Buffy’s hand, and though he wasn’t anywhere near strong enough to get out of her grasp if she really wanted to hold him, he had made his point, and the kobolds had actually stopped their march and now stood silently. Behind Xander and the others, soft but steady chanting filled the air, along with a strange burning scent of plant matter and spices.

"Where do you think you’re going?" Xander scolded the rat-dog creatures. "You just turn around and go back to your little caves, we’ll go back to our cheese and crackers, and we’ll just forget this whole thing ever happened." The kobolds simply watched the dark-haired young man, occasionally flicking a long, hairy ear.

"Hey, at least they aren’t coming towards us any more!" Faith cracked, though she didn’t let her guard down for a second. Xander Harris was always pulling stupid things like this in the middle of a fight. She was convinced that one day he would get himself maimed or killed. Or possibly maimed, then killed.

And with that, the chanting rose in volume, and a red-orange haze enveloped the entire area. The humans coughed for a while, eyes watering. "Hey tall man! We can party now?" a small voice asked once the haze faded. The kobold who had spoken banged his spear loudly on his shield. This was met with a chorus of "Yeah! We want to party now! Where is noisemaker place with human music?" and myriad spears pounding shields, quickly developing the marching rhythm they had heard earlier.

Author's Note: I still love kobolds.

Post subject: Re: Chapter 44
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:08 pm 
Partying demons huh? Maybe all they wanted to do was go on a beer run.:laugh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:03 am 
Yay, update, and such a sweet one too. Love Sammi xx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:24 pm 
hey

i love this and xander trying to talk to the kobolds was funny.

keep going

brittney

Quote:
Sweetie im a fag. I think id know.-- Tara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:45 pm 
kobolds sound cute! hehe like little gremlins only not. i just caught up with this fic and i absolutely love it! cant wait for the update!

-bindingwiccan:crazy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:01 pm 
Okay, there needs to be an update to this sooooo badly!! LOL Please please please!!:kitty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:27 pm 
:lmao the kobolds just wan to party, and xander trying to talk to them , :rofl ....... love the fic, update soon please!!!!

Post subject: Re: Fic: No More
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:53 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

yes, I know it's been over six years, apparently, and yes I understand that's a pretty darn long time to go and then just pick up the fic again, but........

:sob please??

:sheep this is a good fic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19