The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Willow Revelation The XanderOzQuestion
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:20 am 
A very good morning to you Sleek, am I first?! Wow, will you look at that. Although a little secret, it may have something to do with the fact that I've been checking in practically every hour. (Ok my cool exterior has been blown.) ;) :blush

So I thank you for the update. Firstly, now come on, putting 'the XanderOz question just up there like that is obviously going to put all sorts of images in my mind. I mean I knew what you meant but still, the image of the two of them just won't go away now. Nope still there. :jho

As for Willow here I was pleasantly surprised with the way you took it. She was, to me, surprising clear in what or rather who she wants. But I guess she knew anyway, I was just expecting a little more 'mmm, various sounds of hesitation' from her. But you were completely right, one way to get Willow to express herself is to have a go at her indignant pride.

One other thing, I am not going to let you get away with putting little lines like in Now please do not suck my boyfriend. Its just not good for my coffee consumption or my poor coffee stained pc that gets it instead when I try to stifle my laugh. Ok I love it, you know I do. :grin

I know how I feel about her. And I don't give the slightest care about what other people think." But I thought you weren't going to start a crusade to make me like Xander. Wonderful quotes like that really aren't helping me here. *pouts* ;)

I sincerely hope things look up for you Sleek, I'd noticed your post in Mary's thread about you downward spiral day. Just remember, in the words of the Beatles, Charles Manson and U2, when you get to the bottom you go back to the top of the slide. And remember, Helter Skelters may be a ride, but they're fun in the end. If not, have a beer with me, thats bound to help :lol Nothing better than relaxing with an electronic tipple of your choice, other than the real thing. Oh and sex. Of course. :grin

Be strong, be happy.

Much love

Sonya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:52 am 
Willow was way to aggitated to make 'sounds of hesitation' I think :) Heck, she could have just marched right on to her room and close the door. That should get rid of Xander.

Xander is trying to do the best-friend-thing but he really is more standing in the way, or at least was. I doubt it's ever to late at night for Willow to visit Tara, ask Tara :) Leaving a note or calling is not fitting for situations like these, better go visit her.

The scoobies are idiots for taking Willow on patrol like that. Are they really THAT stupid ? Willow could have been hurt easily on that patrol, she was barely looking where she put her foot down, leave alone spot vampires.

Someone really should tell Tara how nice/beautifull/sweet she indeed is, because she really doesn't know and no-one told her (except her mother probably). Makes me sad for Tara all over again...

Grimmy

"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:08 am 
I think Xander helped Willow to realize what she feels for Tara.

But now she really should run to Tara and talk to her.

*lil´c*

Unter den Blinden ist der Einäugige König.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:55 am 
Willow said some great things about Tara. :heart

Xander did a good job by helping Willow thinking about some important things. And i would like to say the same to Willow as Xander did: run to Tara as fast as you can and tell her!!

Awesome update!

snuggle79 :wave

"I got so lost"

"I found you, i will always find you"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:48 am 
That's great-- especially Willow schooling Xander in teh alone-thinking school of decision making (even though he helped her in the end, best friend that he is! :) ) Great update, and I can't wait to hear what Willow says to comfort Tara after the whole hospital scene... great work! -Nora

"Every revolutionary ends by becoming either an oppressor or a heretic."

-Albert Camus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:12 pm 
Oh, yeah--go Sleek! Thank you (to the third power) for giving us this update so that we could release our collectively-held breath.

You pulled off a great two-for-one in writing the vampire w/ the neon orange garb: it made for a great visual, AND it set up Willow's mind-set superbly, as evidenced by Xander's realization (visible to anyone who was even remotely paying attention). That was very nicely done.

You know, I'm probably less fond of Xander than of any other character on the show, but you write him really well here. I especially like the parallel he draws b/w his unconventional relationship and hers, along w/ the fundamental premise that if you love someone, other people's reactions are ultimately superfluous. The image of him holding his breath, fearful that his very breathing might set her off--that was great, Sleek. I've been in that position before: "Maybe if I don't even respirate, this person won't go ballistic." You do a nice job of moving from his point of view to hers. And you let his tentative theory ("Maybe your hesitation means that you're not sure how you feel") serve as the catalyst for her realization. It's true, isn't it--sometimes we come to the difficult conclusion b/c someone argues the counter-point, instead of trying to persuade us in the first direction. (Mary looked back over what she had just written, concluding that it was, quite possibly, the most confusing sentence ever constructed. Hmm...)

On a more serious note, it sounds like things are sorta funky for you right now. I hope that whatever it is reaches some sort of clarity or peace sometime soon. I'm sending good thoughts your way and hoping for a little solace to crawl up onto your lap like a much-loved pet.

Take care,

Mary

Edited by: AntigoneUnbound at: 1/5/03 10:13:52 am

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:42 pm 
oh yes indeed

RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can!!

Go get the girl!! *giggles and grins*

Loving this fic.. Keep up the great work!!

~NICK~

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:46 pm 
Now, I don't like xander, particularly when he gets on a soapbox, cause he says things clearly he doesn't mean. He says them to get people to listen to him , but he comes off holier than thou.

Nevertheless, I liked him here. Willow needed a sounding board. And I loved the way she came out about her feelings. She did not hesitate here when challenged. She burst out with beautiful things, Tara NEEDS to hear, so yeah RUN Willow!

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.

Tallulah Bankhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:50 pm 
Sleek, you are a woman of your word, and it is a wonderful update. Hope RL issues are getting a bit better...

After the previous update, and the heart wrenching thoughts Tara had go through her mind, this one helped ease the pain that I felt like I shared with Tara.

Interesting that you chose Xander (the least likley candidate) to be the catalist for Willow's decision making process, rather than Buffy. Maybe that is why it seemed to work so well. Could just imagine Xander sticking up for his relationship with Anya, while trying to show Willow support. :grin

Thanks for the update, hope all is well!!

BV :kiss

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

Post subject: Re: Willow Revelation
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:12 pm 
Now, I love this update. Xander is being a supportive friend for once.

He says the right thing. Run, run and run faster!!!!!!!

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:08 pm 
What a terrific story, and this from someone who ordinarily hates laundry rooms, homework, and hospitals! With these last two updates, you have added psychological complexity to the magic, tenderness, and steaminess, and it's one hell of a tasty concoction!

I used to like Xander, before he was revealed to be Joss’ alter ego (and Joss was revealed to be a large, festering gonad.) Until Season Six, Xander was capable of moments of real insight, sandwiched though they were between the quips and the callowness. That Xander would have been able, with some gentle prodding, to make a connection between the discomfort he experienced when he first started seeing Anya and Willow’s (misplaced) discomfort over her budding relationship with Tara. So in addition to thanking you for bringing Tara back to life, I must compliment you here for breathing new life into characters that underwent a different kind of assassination.

Call it literary CPR (and now we’re back to hospitals!)

SB

Edited by: Sister Bertrille at: 1/5/03 9:14:31 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:15 am 
I have to go with Xander : RUN!!!!!!!

Stef :p

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:39 am 
great update :)

i liked Xander being the supportive best friend. Willow should forget writing a note of calling Tara and just go to her room and tell her all the things she just told Xander

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!
I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:09 am 
Boy that Xander! He really can be a great friend. (Like he used to be a couple of seasons ago.)

Fabulous update. Can't wait to see how Willow makes up with Tara.

hermitstull

"I was feared and worshiped across the mortal globe. At now I'm stuck at Sunnydale High. Mortal. Child. And I'm failing Math." Anya in Dopplegangland

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:14 am 
Run, Willow, run! What a great scene between Xander and Willow....I love it that Willow's temptation is to put her thoughts into writing or at least the safe distance of a phone call, whereas Xander tells her to just tell Tara.

That points me to one of the things I like most about this story, and that is that...except when Willow and Tara are kissing or doing anything else physical, at which point all conscious thought seems to be too much for them, you have this wonderful multi-level conversation going on all the time. Both Willow and Tara (and other characters, too) say certain things to one another but also keep up a believable private conversation with themselves: the things they'd like to say, the things they wish they could say, the things they don't say.

I love that dual text here: all the words in the air, and all the words still on reserve. And for me your epigraphs really heighten that sense because the epigraphs are words on reserve, too. WE see them, but the characters don't--at least, not in the same way--and so they are part of this unspoken conversation that is informing their actions but not always their words.

Really cool, kinda deep, and great-ly written. I really enjoy reading this. Thanks.

"And I'm eating this banana. Lunchtime be damned!" -- Willow in "Doppelgangland

Post subject: dear kittens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:40 pm 
Responses to Tara Revelation

darkmagicwillow

Amazing how silence can be interpreted in different ways. But you are right, Tara's reflective silence here is far from comforting. Sometimes we need words to lift the fog of heavy silence.

Keep up with the good work with Dark Rose. I'm still in the beginning chapters. The emotions are so raw, I have to restrain myself from shuddering sometimes.

~NICKOLE~

Yes. Your enthusiasm for the next update helps me. :grin

littlecrazy80

"Among the blind a one-eyed man is king."

Very interesting sig. I like. :D

Sonya

No need to apologize for the lateness of your feedback. Your thoughtful words is always worth the wait. :D

I gather your New Years Eve celebration didn't go quite well? Anyway, according to my psychic predictions, the quality of your New Years Eve is inversely proportional to the blast you will be havin this year. I foresee days rolling on grassy knolls, flying kites and stargazing with your love. (I'm thinkin of joining the Psychic Hotline or any of those dubious prediction services to augment my current economic state. I mean if La Toya Jackson is a Psychic then I am Madonna.) [Sleek Smirks :grin ]

But I guess this is Willow and separating Willow and logic is like separating the sugary goodness from toffee fudge ice-cream. This is a good example of a 'simile'. :D So if you deny now that you do not have the ability to write well, I will smack you! :jho

NOW TO REPLY TO YOUR STORY ABOUT CATS INTERRUPTED:

:lol :rollin :laugh !!!!

I just can imagine you in your Cat in the Hat costume getting quite frisky up in the attic. Now that will give me new imagery when I think about cats in heat. (well not that I often think about cats in heat, coz that's you know, um unhealthy all with the loud screeching and fur biting…oops mind wandering off)

Felines. Gotta love them. Now I know the story behind your nickname SAMIAMIGUESS. And hey, don't be embarrassed. Your secret is safe with me (and the rest of the whole world wide web!)

Thanks for givin me the hearty chuckles!

:love Sleek

The Rose24

Sorry about the brutal read. But this is necessary for us to appreciate the oncoming sweetness.

Mary

Moi? Heartbreaker? :lol That's new. :D

I am glad the inner dialogue worked well for you. I do so pay close attention to your feedback especially about the writing. Because, hey, you're a damn good writer. :grin

About your friend's experience (Uh, not me, of course. Um, I'm talking about...a friend of mine who's been through it. Yeah, that's it--a friend!";) Well I'm sure she saw the tunnel at the end of the light. Agony has its end. I hope your friend found her answer and found someone who is, you know, 'out' there. :D

Nothing else is as important as easing the massive heartache that even now is rolling and cresting in so many Kittens' hearts.

You are responsible for my hasty posting of the Willow Revelation part. I'm tellin ya. Your method is quite effective. (appealing to my emotions and all..) ;)

Your words make my muse go giddy.

For this I am grateful :love Sleek

cinderlust

crescendo of emotions

Sleek pauses to appreciate the phrase.

So, you have walked/strolled/promenaded on similar grounds? I guess that's what makes reading this part painful of all. Because it's real.

Thank you for your encouragement.

snuggle79

I feel bad for Tara too. Maybe because I was in a contemplative mood when I wrote this. Thanks Snuggle. :D

Grimaldi

Inner fears can be ugly. I'm glad you appreciated this and the Tinkerbell endearment. :grin

Jixer

Willow still frightened about what other people think and needing to belong to her surrogate family, the Scoobies.

As you have read in the update, Willow already knew who she wants. She just needed her buttons to be pushed.

The 'Tara in the dark' image just took me to write this. Thank you Jixer for your kind words and prodding. I continually strive to improve my writing. :grin

hermitstull

Worried about how Willow's sweetness seemed to melt under the harsh light of her friends and their conception of who she is.

So well put hermitsull. It's never easy to confront who you really are. And to add 'other people's conception' is just too much for Willow right now.

Thank you so much for your uplifting feedback. I really appreciate your words. :heart

Nora

Thank you for finding this. :D

I know a lot of people love the canon time-line of the relationship so I am immensely glad you gave this one a shot.

Grimmy

Good thing Dawn cleared the room, I like her for that act alone

Thank you. For beginning to see Dawn the way I see her (occasionally annoying, but always well meaning.)

Tara does have self-loathing doesn't she? Well private talk time will come soon. I agree talking is essential especially at this point in their relationship when there has been a major misunderstanding.

Wicca01

Thank you. Also because of your post I felt compelled to write as soon as possible. Thank you for your sincere encouragement!

Replies to Willow Revelation

Sonya

I've always thought you're cool. So what's this blowin off your exterior about? ;) Readin my fic and leaving outrageously funny and thoughtful feedback is considered cool in my book. :grin

About the title: XanderOzQuestion, well that pretty sums up Willow's "straight girl history". And to have that questioned, was well, a paradigm shift, a pivotal turn in her life.

But you were completely right, one way to get Willow to express herself is to have a go at her indignant pride. This is a reason why I placed Xander in this scene. Buffy is too busy with her mom and Xander has some insight about unconventional relationships. He can push her buttons. And still, I insist, I am not making a crusade of making you like Xander. ;) It's just so happens that my fic doesn't have room for pricks. :lol

Oooh. You liked the Anya line. I am glad someone appreciated it. :D :D Coffee stains on the pc are bad, but you having a good chuckle? That can never be bad.

Just remember, in the words of the Beatles, Charles Manson and U2, when you get to the bottom you go back to the top of the slide. And remember, Helter Skelters may be a ride, but they're fun in the end. :lol

Thanks Sonya. The cloud has cleared up in my skies and your words have a lot to do with it. Thank you so much for this. :love :love

Hey electronic tipple. I like the sound of that. I am raising an imaginary mug of frothy beer to your direction. (would that be London? I figure because you're British.) Oh and sex. Well, no luck with that…yet. (Sleek mischievously grins :grin )

I am sending a warm hug to you for your thoughtfulness. I hope all is well in your British end. :kiss

Much :love Sleek :heart

Grimlock72

Agitated indeed. I think that helped our babbling Willow have sudden clarity. Yes, visiting Tara would really be the best move now, I guess Xander gave her a little prod into that direction. Otherwise Willow just might chicken out or coop herself up in her room with her computer.

I needed Xander to annoy her so she would just blurt out the truth.

Someone really should tell Tara how nice/beautifull/sweet she indeed is, because she really doesn't know

Patience my dear Grimmy. Our girls will find each other again soon. :D

Lil c

Xander can be a real best friend sometimes. :D Just wait for the update and we will have Willow and Tara talking.

snuggle79

Willow has been keeping these great thoughts about Tara for a while now. Glad you agree running is a best advice a friend could give.

Nora

Yes. Best friend Xander pushed some buttons. I also can't wait how Willow will comfort Tara but I won't be hasty. I want to make the scene really good. :D

Thank you for the kind words. You are tickling my muse. :grin

Mary

Hey girl. :grin :D

So you liked Bad Breath Vamp huh? I was a bit sad when I had him dusted. But I guess that's not really the point of the scene. It's just something to establish Willow's mind set and also to make the Kittens aware that Anya and Willow are still somehow within the 'pre-Triangle' debacle.

Good to know I have somehow managed to salvage Xander's character. I mean he is after all Willow's oldest friend. One doesn't find too many friends that can stick with you from the time you were squalling infants to the time you have your own squalling infants.

I strategically placed him in this scene because I think he can be the one to push Willow's buttons. You're right. He did serve as a catalyst by providing the counterpoint. And no, I am not at all befuddled with your sentence. :grin

"Maybe if I don't even respirate, this person won't go ballistic." hehe. :lol the way you put this one is just too funny. :grin

And hey, thank you for sending me the good thoughts. I got it. Wrapped in fuzzy pink material that crawled into my lap. The much loved pet imagery made me grin like a cat. Maybe I'll name my next feline pet Solace. What do you think?

Take care Mary. For being a wonderful writer and a more than wonderful person. :love Sleek

~NICK~

Sleek is runnin now to make Willow run to her girl. :grin

dear Kittens,

I've written my replies a week back. Just didn't have time to post it. Lame excuse, I know. :yawn

I'm not done with my replies yet, so expect it soon.

As for the update...well my recent dismal experience is slowly dissolving into something infinitely more hopeful. And along with the hopeful comes inspiration to write.

Most of my woes before were caused by money problems and family strain. Now everything is much better 'coz i recently got accepted in a new company who I hope will treat me better. If not...I'll gather all my witch friends and summon my Dark Side...and BOOM :punch ...mayhem and madness.

Expect the second part of my replies soon. I have still yet to find time to write a lenghty chapter to compensate for the abscence of words.

Right now all I have is gratitude for sticking by me.

Thank You.

:love Sleek

Post subject: dear sleek
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:19 pm 
Quote:
Right now all I have is gratitude for sticking by me.
I'm afraid you're stuck with us. As is rather evident form this board, when kittens decide to love something they do so wholeheartedly, no half measures (do you really see me as a half pint lass? Good, didn't think so) and you and your wonderful fic are no different.

Quote:
I hope all is well in your British end.
All is well in my British rear end thank you very much ;) . So, if the gods are still conspiring against you send them my way, we're on first name terms. Indeed I wouldn't be surprised if they had my IM address.

:whistle Just to let you know that you're missed :kiss

:love Sonya

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: "Finding You"
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:55 pm 
I caught up with this and I'm glad I did. I think what I'm loving most about this fic (Willow/Tara goodness aside) is your style. You write in short, punchy sentences that bring up a whole myriad of different images in one chapter alone. I love that. I love how you meld them together and combine the thoughts and speech with the narrative flow; never losing sight of your goal. It's truly refreshing stuff to read. I look forward to much more. :)

She's the cutest of the Kittens with her tits as warm as mittens and her firm yet supple...tight embrace...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:30 am 
I've just caught up with the last few updates. Tara's hurt was well written, her thoughts turning to her mother in an attempt to find solace. Really liked how Willow's anger abated when she was telling Xander how wonderful Tara was.

You don't know how lovely you are

Post subject: yoohoo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:25 am 
sleek. come out, come out wherever you are... :grin

just wishin' for an update. hope everything's alright...

Post subject: Re: yoohoo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:01 am 
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease update soon, I really need to know what happens!!! But.......thanx for the amazing fic you have written so far, sleek, you trully are a huge w/t fan like all the rest of us!!

Luv Em:wave

:willow :bigkiss :tara

:devilish - had to put that one in cos it's just............wow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:19 am 
What an update!:heart

Whoooo Xander is just a realy good friend. :heart

It´s cool that he can listen to Willows heart. Not every friend could do that.

But he stoped Willow:angry

Hopefully she is fast enough to see Tara and tell her everything what´s in her mind. :grin

Update soon?:blush

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

I love my family but I´m a part of you. I want it to be that way - Gabrielle - The Abyss

Post subject: hellooo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:39 pm 
hello kittens :bounce

just wanted to drop by and say i have not forgorue tten this fic.

true true..i have slacked and slipped...i have not read anything Willow/TAra buffy related for a while now...

and what's this WILLOW and JFK about?!

anyway...I know we all eventually have to move on..but for those who cannot let go of W/T there are always stories and fics around waiting to happen...

I am writing...i'm just not typing yet.

kinda hard to write about love and be all romantic when i'm experiencing drought..

arid

barren

desert

sigh..

anyway hope to stay here longer with you guys!

someday

when the sun stabs the shadows

Sleek

Post subject: Re: hellooo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:32 pm 
Hey Girl~~It's so good to hear from you! I was about to form a Kitten Search and Rescue team to fan out and see if we could find you.

Whatever's going on, in the writing realm and in the real world realm (not that I think those two are really all that separate, you know?), remember that I'm sending good thoughts and all kinds of positive vibes. Someone once said that writing is easy: all you have to do is open up a vein. So yeah--it gets rough and frustrating and sometimes a do-it-yourself root canal feels more inviting than that damn keyboard/blank piece of paper. Just remember that you are more than the sum of your words.

Thinking of you,

Mary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:47 pm 
SLEEK

Hey, I was still pretty much in lurk mode when I first found your story. I'm a little bolder now, and just wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed your story. It's delightful and whenever you're ready, your adoring public eagerly awaits the next update.

Cheers!!

the now delurked Patches

You know I've heard about people like me. But I never made the connection. They walk one road to set them free, And find they've gone the wrong direction. But there's no need for turning back 'cause all roads lead to where I stand. And I believe I'll walk them all No matter what I may have planned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:17 am 
Wah huh? Sleek was here? *sonya faints, gracefully of course...*

You my dear have been sorely missed. One day the sun will indeed pierce the shadows. It will dazzle you with its brightness and you will wonder how you ever doubted the warmth and love that was hidden behind the clouds.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:31 pm 
Hi sleek:wave

well i havent been missing you cos i only just got here....but i know i will if you arent around soon!!!

Love this fic...youve had me :rofl

So thanks and :love to you

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:37 pm 
Hey, so just re-read the story and feel in love with it all over again. I hope that you continue with it. It's a favorite of mine.

Post subject: Excellent!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:38 pm 
Hello!

Just read your story - and I am very impressed! Great storyline - I like the way you are developing things...

All I can say - is MORE please! SOON!

-FIRESIGN:applause

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: "Finding You"
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:14 am 
I like this so far. I'm just wondering whether or not Willow will remember anything, or if they'll eventually get their memories back.

Willow- I'm a blood-sucking fiend...look at my outfit!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next