The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wedding Disasters - 6th Story in the Soulmates Series
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:51 am 
As the title indicates, I'm putting together the next Soulmates Series story. It's called Wedding Disasters and there is a Wiccan handfasting ceremony in the story. I pray and hope that I have done the ceremony well and tastefully, so let me know if I did a good job.

As always, email me at letsrocket_1998@yahoo.com with any comments or criticisms you might have. And post some feedback here, because I do check for it. My URL is below if you want to check out my website and on with the story.

URL: deviousone2002.tripod.com

Kudos!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: I don't own Buffy, Dawn, Willow, Tara, Anya, Xander, Giles, or any of the other familiar characters seen on Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. Joss Whedon owns all of the characters of the show, because the show is his beauty and up until the end of this season, I loved it. I just hated the ending. The character of Jacob is original, therefore, it belongs to me completely. The idea of the Daywalker, however, belongs to the makers of the movie Blade. I don't know who made the movie off hand.

Spoilers: All six seasons are involved for spoilers. After Grave especially. Refer to my story, Returning, to know the whole story. I hope you enjoy it. And, as always, comments and criticisms are welcome. Here's my addy: letsrocket_1998@yahoo.com.

Author's Note: Okay, first off, this story is the sixth installment to the Soulmate Series. By now, Jacob has gotten together with Buffy and the time for the witches wedding has finally arrived. I have been putting the actual wedding off for a couple reasons. Even after reading Lisa Countryman's wonderful story, Reward and Reprisal, I was still kind of worried about being able to write the wedding part of the story. But, I finally decided to just try it and hope I can pull it off. I've found some resources off the net that Lisa says she got her info from and I hope I do a good enough job for you readers to enjoy this.

Author's Note 2: Couple of original ideas are in this story. First of all, the Witches Committee, in a way, come from Lisa Countryman's Unexpected Consequences (A Magnificent read, by the way), just the name though. Her view of what the Witches Committee could be is spectacular, but I'm using the Witches Committee in a completely different way. Um, Wolfram & Hart belong to Joss Whedon and David Greenwalt, creators of Angel. Of course, the Council of Watchers is Joss's property (As everyone knows by now), and the idea of that diabolical group, The Society, is all mine. Hope you enjoy it.

Author's Note 3: Alright, this story is somewhat of a crossover with the television series, Charmed. Now, I didn't have a chance to finish watching the last season of Charmed, but I do some things. I know that Paige is the replacement sister for Prue. I know that the Source was using Cole's body and I know that Cole and Phoebe were getting married. Oh, I know that the Source already had a dark wedding with Phoebe, and that was the last episode I saw. So, I don't know what happened in the remaining eps. So, because of all that, I might be off with certain aspects when I mention the Charmed Ones into this story. Forgive me.

Author's Note 4: I was emailed about two disclaimers I didn't put up before, so here they are, posted as an author's note together. First, this story insinuates a loving and tender relationship between two women. Second, this story involves some violence, parental guidance suggested. BTW, my new web address is at deviousone2002.tripod.com Enjoy the story.

Author's Note 5: The basic design and organization for the handfasting ceremony was borrowed from Lisa Countryman's Reward and Reprisal story. But she lists this website as being where she borrowed the material, so I'll list it here. www.thetask.com/threshold...fast2.htm. Kudos!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

| Part 1 |

It was a warm and sunny day for the two individuals that walked along a thinly cut grassy field that was located in the hills outside the city of Sunnydale. One of the two figures was a female, the other was a male. The female figure had shoulder length wavy blonde hair. She wore a white shirt with pink and yellow flower designs as the pattern all over the shirt. She had the shirt tucked into a pair of crisp blue jeans that the woman recently purchased.

The man had a stocky figure and he wore a pair of black pants with a white button up t-shirt tucked into them. Both of them were dressed for a fancy occassion and today was indeed, a special occasion. This day was the day that had been in preparation for many months. Because in mere hours, Willow Rosenberg and Tara Maclay would be wed before friends and family. It was the day that they all knew was coming one day and that day was finally here.

Buffy and Xander walked along the field that was the location of the wedding, or handfasting as Tara called it, that would take place later today. Behind them, several rugs were laid out over the ground with sets of chairs arranged with an aisle between them. The aisle led to the altar where the actual ceremony would be taking place. Over the aisle, chairs and everything were three large tent like coverings that was kept above ground by wooden posts stuck into the ground to keep the sun out.

Buffy and Xander hadn't been here long. They were here to meet the Priestess that Willow and Tara had chosen and had agreed to perform their ceremony. Neither of them knew exactly why the Priestess wanted to meet with them, just that she did and she didn't want the witches to be present. Buffy looked at her friend silently.

"So, I guess today's the big day." Buffy commented to him. She'd noticed that he'd been more quiet lately, now that the wedding day had finally arrived.

Xander turned. "Yep, today's their big day."

"You feeling alright there Xand?" Buffy questioned him.

He shrugged. "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just....y'know this is the first wedding I've been to since.....well, y'know."

She nodded, understanding his problem now. "Oh. Still thinking about that huh."

"Yes I am. No matter how hard I try, that just keeps coming back. It shouldn't, you know because me and An are finally beginning to get back what we had and I shouldn't even be thinking about that day, but I do." Xander admitted.

She rested her hand on his shoulder. "I know. But hey, you and Anya'll get that day again. You just have to give it patience." she said. After a moment, she turned around. "Oh, here comes the Priestess I think."

There was a woman slightly older than Buffy and Xander walking over to them. Both of them were slightly surprised and amazed at the beauty of the woman walking towards them. She was slightly taller than Buffy and she had long straight hair that was tied into a single braid at the base of her neck. She had green eyes, but a pair of black shades covered them. She had creamy white skin. She wore a white and blue flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows and the shirt was tucked into a pair of faded blue jeans. She stopped a few feet from the two and extended her hand. "Greetings," she said in an Irish accent, "my name's Nora."

Buffy grasped her hand and shook it. "I'm Buffy. This is Xander."

"How do you do?" Nora shook his hand as well.

"You're.....you're a Priestess?" Buffy asked, not quite imagining someone so young as a Priestess of Thespia.

Nora removed her shades and placed them in her shirt pocket. Then, she nodded to them. "Yes. Please don't let my age fool you. I have been a follower of Wicca all my life. When I turned thirteen, a Priestess of the Goddess Aphrodite took me under her wing and taught me what she knew. I was later ordained as a Priestess of Aphrodite and Thespia. When I spoke with Willow and Tara, I could see their bond as strongly as I've ever seen anything and I knew I wanted to perform their ceremony."

Buffy smiled at her. "Um....what did you need to see us for?"

Nora looked at where the ceremony was to take place, before looking back at them. "I don't want this to get back to Willow or Tara, but I need to ask the both of you to be on special guard during the ceremony."

Buffy's guard went up at the words. "Why are you asking us that?"

Nora looked away for a moment. "I don't know....I just have this gut feeling that....before the day's over.....something's gonna happen. I just have this feeling. I just want you to be aware."

"That's crazy. Nothing's gonna happen today. Besides, who would even be thinking about trying to wreck Will and Tara's special day?" Buffy asked, not liking what Nora was suggesting one bit.

"I'm just asking you to be on guard today, that's all. I could be wrong and I hope I am. But if I'm not, I'm just asking that you do be on guard. If you'll excuse me, I have to be getting ready for the ceremony."

Nora, the Priestess, left the two standing there after that. Buffy looked at Xander and he had the same look on his face that was on hers. Neither of them wanted to admit that something could go wrong today. Buffy rolled her eyes in disgust. They were near the Hellmouth and anything happens there, so no doubt something could happen today. Buffy just had to make sure nothing did.

---**---

At an undisclosed location, more specifically....a secret and hidden military compound near Sunnydale, many individuals in labcoats and military uniforms moved about, some holding weapons, others holding clipboards or papers. In the center of an underground laboratory, there was a circular energy shield of a light blue and green tinge that shimmered back and forth. Inside the shield of mystical energy, there was a single bed with a mattress, a table off to the side with articles of clothing, and a second table that was used as a dining table.

Sitting on the bed, looking around the rest of the interior of the structure was a single woman with curled red hair. Every once in a while, the woman would have a snarling look on her face as she looked at the humans that moved around. She looked up as she felt someone approaching. Approaching the field of energy was Mr. Lee. He walked up to the barrier of the force field and raised his hand. A hole large enough for him to walk through opened with a shimmer. Mr. Lee silently entered the field and approached the woman.

Mr. Lee was dressed as he normally was. He had a black long sleeved shirt on tucked into a pair of black slacks. A black leather coat is around his shoulders as he lets the shield close around him. Reaching up, Mr. Lee removed his dark shades from his eyes and looked at the woman sitting on the bed, glaring at him with anger.

"Well, I am pleased to see you awake and coherent." Mr. Lee smiled at her.

"Whatever." the voice replied, drilling her eyes to his.

"What's wrong, are you not happy with these accommodations?" Mr. Lee gestured with his hand.

"What do you think, bozo?" the woman snarled back.

Mr. Lee put his shades in his inside pocket before he rested his hands inside the pockets of his pants. "I suppose you would like to know why you are here, wouldn't you?"

The woman gave him a glare, her eyes narrowed as she looked as if she was going to launch herself at the man. But she felt the dangerous lethalness the man held and she hesitated in reaching forward and snapping his neck. She leaned back slightly. "Sure. Why don't you tell me?" she said, crossing her arms.

Mr. Lee smiled as he pulled up one of the chairs and took a seat. "Alright, I'll tell you. The organization I control wants to see the Slayer and her misguided people taken out. There has been no enemy more dangerous to all of them than you. We brought you back into this world so that you might have a chance at revenge against them. They all had a significant role in your defeat, so we believe you might want to exact some revenge."

The woman that was not only a hellgod, but the hellgod Glorificus, quirked an eyebrow at him. "Is that so?"

Mr. Lee nodded his head once. "Were we wrong? Do you not relish in the opportunity to get back at the Slayer? She did, after all, prevent you from going home. Plus, the Key can no longer be used to open the gates."

"Don't you think I know all that!" Glory snapped as she rose and walked around her confined space. Mr. Lee watched her with growing fascination. He'd heard all the stories about how destructive and monstrous the hellgod could be and he relished in it.

"Seeing as how it involved you, I know you know." Mr. Lee answered. "You were wanting to return home. But, that chance is no longer in existence. You will never return to your hell dimension. However," he paused, "I am here to offer you an alternative that you may wish to take advantage of."

Without turning around, Glory spoke to him. "Go on..."

The powerful being known as Mr. Lee smiled. "It is simple. The Society is responsible for your second chance here. I am the reason you are here. Nothing happens in this world that I don't happen to know about. I had you returned to this world because I want the Slayer and her people eliminated. But I don't just want them killed, I want them broken, beaten, utterly humiliated before they are defeated. I want them to know true horror, true torture before they die. And of all the enemies she has faced, you and you alone have shown her true fear."

Glory turned back around to face him. She had a smile on her face that showed devious plans going through her mind. Mr. Lee smiled back at her, enjoying the smile. "You want little miss Buffy and her wacky pals to know true torture?" Glory said, walking towards the dark haired man, "I'll give them true torture. I'll rip little Dawn's spine right out in front of her. I'll rip the blonde witch's arms out of the sockets in front of Willow. I will leave no witnesses."

"Well," Mr. Lee smirked, "if you are in agreement, then let me tell you of my side of the deal. You agree right now, and I will order this facility evacuated immediately and then, the force field will be dropped and you can just walk out of here. But I don't want you touching any of the Society's people, so this shield won't be taken down until everyone is evacuated."

Glory laughed. "What makes you think I'm going to let you leave this nice little prison you've made for me?"

While Glory had been expecting fear to appear on his face, his demeanor changed drastically to something else. Mr. Lee's eyes shaded to deep crimson red and energy crackled over his skin. He raised his hand, palm out, at Glory and her body was rose into the air and was stilled. She was floating in the air, just above the ground, and she had no control over her body's movements. "Glorificus, I admire your destructive nature, I really do. It's one of the reasons why you were chosen to eliminate the Slayer. But, I am not some minion that you can just toss around. I am something much more dangerous."

He lowered his hand and allowed his eyes to return to the black. Glory's feet returned to the ground and she stared at him, surprised. "Your not human." she said. "Your not demon either. I've gotten pretty good at reading auras. Your not even a God. Just what the hell are you?"

Mr. Lee walked back to the point where he entered the shield. He stared back at Glory for a long moment. "I'm something that's beyond the Slayer's understanding. I'm more than just mere flesh, more than blood. There isn't a word good enough to describe me. I chose to be called Mr. Lee, but that's not who I am. Everything is at the point where it should be. The Slayer and her people are exactly where I need them to be. Exactly in the place where you can easily take them out. And because of me, you are now where you belong. By defeating you the first time, the Slayer believed that she was doing the right thing. But that's the kicker, it's not about right. It's not even about wrong. It's about power and who wields it."

Glory stayed silent and allowed herself to think about his statement while she heard him pull out his cell phone and speak to someone on the other end. Who weilds the most power? Glory thought to herself. She smiled. That's what it's always been about. From her time in her home dimension to her battles with the Slayer, it was always about who had the power. And Buffy just never got that. Glory knew the next few months would be a learning experience. For herself and for the Slayer.

"There." Mr. Lee said as he turned back to her. "In exactly one hour, the shield will be down and you will be free to leave. Sunnydale is not that far from here, so have fun when you wipe them out."

"I plan to have fun alright." she grinned.

"The Society will be watching." Mr. Lee said before he turned and exited through the shield opening and began walking away, Glory's inquisitve stare following his steps.

---**---

Giles opened the door to his apartment and relaxed when he saw who was standing there. Tara looked nervously at the Watcher as his door opened further to allow entrance to the blonde Witch. She was wearing her long sleeved pink shirt over a pair of blue jeans and she had her hair combed back and hanging freely. She was alone as she entered Giles's apartment. "You...um...wanted to see me." Tara said, entering the apartment.

Giles nodded. "Yes, thank you for coming so quickly Tara. I know....with the ceremony later.....there's not going to be much free time for you."

Tara saw the blush rising to his features and instantly knew he was thinking about what would happen after the ceremony and that caused a similar blush to rise to her cheeks. "Yeah, ceremony's going to be tonight." Tara said, not knowing what else to say as she looked down.

"Please, sit down and I'll tell you why I called you." Giles said, moving into his living room. Tara walked over to his couch and sat down slowly. "Where's Willow?"

Tara looked up. "Oh....she and I can't see each other till the ceremony. It's one of the traditions she wanted to stick with, so...she's spending the day Buffy and Xander. I know Buffy went to the mountain where the ceremony's gonna be, but she's back now. I'm gonna spend the day with Dawnie."

"That's good." Giles replied. He straightened to his full height. "Well, let me get to the point here, Tara. I called you here for two reasons. One, I wanted to personally congratulate you on your upcoming nuptuals to Willow."

Tara swallowed, feeling an unexpected lump rising in her throat. "Thanks." she whispered.

Giles smiled back at her. "And two, I've been researching your vision over the past couple days and I've finally found the answer to it."

Tara lifted her head. "And?"

Giles sat down on the chair across from her. "There are two possibilities for what you saw. One, what you saw is something that's going to happen in the near future, a future event. Or two, your mind and heart are trying to send you a warning about something that's going to happen. That doesn't necessarily mean that what you saw is going to happen, just that something bad is going to happen."

"B-but it means s-something b-bad's gonna happen, though?" Tara stuttered.

Reluctantly, he nodded. "Yes....I wish I could tell you otherwise. But I can't. Something is going to happen. I just have no idea what it is or when it'll happen."

Tara looked down at her jean clad legs, her hands resting on her knees. She glanced down at the watch. The time was two thirteen. She and Dawn were going to head to the mountains at two thirty and Tara was going to meet the younger teen at the house there. She looked back up at Giles. "Thank you for looking into it, Mister Giles. I-I have to go get Dawnie." she said, rising.

"I will see you tonight, Tara." Giles also rose and he followed Tara to the door. He was saddened that he couldn't do more for the blonde woman and he understood her need to be alone. She had to deal with the news in her own way. He watched her as she left his apartment and moved down the sunlight, her head lifted as she gazed at the bright blue sky.

---**---

Up at the mountain, where the ceremony would take place, there were two small huts, mainly used for bathing and showering, on the opposite sides of the large fields. At one of the huts, Buffy was helping Willow prepare for the ceremony that would forever take her status as 'single' and move it to 'married'.

When Willow had first arrived, just an hour earlier, she had been near tears at seeing how her friends had transformed the forest into an enchanted wedding chapel. Buffy and Willow stayed in the hut and talked and laughed, but most of all, bonding. There had been an estrangement between them for months, but that estrangement was breaking down as the two best friends got reacquainted.

That's what they'd been doing for the last hour. Now, Willow prepared the ritual bath she had to take and slowly stepped into the heated water as Buffy acted as her assistant. The Slayer moved some white cotten towels and her white silk robe for the ceremony over into the hut for when Willow completed her bath. Buffy did, however, step out of the hut while the redhead bathed and rinsed her body. After a period of a half hour, Willow called out of the hut and Buffy re-entered the hut.

Willow dried her body off with the towels and put the cotten robe on as she moved to the far corner of the hut and watched the Slayer excuse herself while she changed into the wedding dress she and Tara had chosen to get. Looking herself up and down, Willow fidgeted with the sleeve of her dress.

"What's wrong Will?" Buffy asked, seeing her friend fidget.

Willow looked up, her eyebrows raised. "Huh?"

"Something's wrong, what is it?" Buffy repeated.

"Oh...um...it's just.....Buffy, do you think I'm ready for this? I mean, getting married? Do you think it's too big a move for me right now?" Willow stammered.

Buffy pretended to ponder the question for a moment, studying Willow, her head tilted, then she smiled easily and moved forward. She gently touched Willow's cheek as she looked into Willow's eyes. She spoke words from her heart. "Will, when I look at you and Tara together, I see a lot of things. I see two sides of the same coin, I see two halves that fit together perfectly, I see two people who've been through more trauma than they should have and have still made it to each other. I see....two women who very much love each other. But, most of all, I see my best friend and my close friend together, happy and content. You two are at your happiest when your together. Everyone knows it. You are more than ready for this, Willow Rosenberg."

Willow smiled at her, enjoying the sentiment coming from her best friend. She stayed silent as Buffy stepped back. She saw the Slayer reaching into her pocket for a moment. "What's that?" she pointed.

Buffy looked down at her hand. It was cupped around a small white velvet box. "This.....this is a gift I was going to wait to give you until after the ceremony, but since we're here, I thought I'd give to you now."

Willow held her palm out as Buffy moved to place the box in it. She opened the box and gasped, seeing the necklace that glittered as the light danced off of it. It was a single, karat solitaire red ruby on a heart shaped setting. It was connected to a gold chain. "Buffy, this is too much." she said, looking at her friend.

Buffy shook her head. "No, it's not. I want you to have it. It's from me and Dawn."

"How did you afford this?" Buffy asked.

"Don't worry about that, just thank me." Buffy smiled.

"Thank you, Buffy." Willow said as she moved forward and hugged the blonde.

---**---

While Buffy was with Willow in one of the two huts, the other hut was occupied by Tara as she took her ritual bath with her surrogate daughter Dawn perfermed the assistant duties. Dawn couldn't be any more thrilled to do this for her favorite couple. After her bath, Dawn helped Tara into the white dress and Dawn was so overcome with emotion at seeing Tara in it that it rendered her speechless.

As Tara looked down at the dress that hung over her body, Dawn reached into her pocket and produced her and Buffy's gift to Tara. She extended her hand to Tara. "Here, this is our gift to you, Tara." Dawn said.

"Our?" Tara gently grasped the white velvet box as she looked at the younger teen.

"Me and Buffy." Dawn answered quickly.

"Oh." Tara said after she opened the box a moment later. Inside was a necklace similar to the one given to Willow. Instead of a ruby, however, it was a green emerald, reminiscent of Willow's eyes. And it was placed in the middle of a heart shaped setting. Tara's eyes filled with tears and love for both Buffy and Dawn as she looked at the necklace in her hand. She pulled Dawn to her, hugging her gently and accepting the gift. "Thank you Dawn." she said quietly.

Dawn returned the hug. "I'm really happy for you Tara."

Tara stepped back, sniffling. She held the box with the necklace in her hand. "It's beautiful."

"Come on, the time for the ceremony is here. Let's get you and Willow hitched!" Dawn's enthusiasm made Tara laugh.

---**---

Less than an hour later, the ceremony began and it began as it should have begun. There was happiness all around the place. Buffy, Jacob, Dawn, Xander, Anya, Giles, and even Sonya were in attendance. The only sadness that was here was that Willow's parents had not come and Tara's father had called, saying he couldn't get away to make the trip to Sunnydale. Both witches were saddened by the news, but it wouldn't stop their special day.

Giles led Willow to the edge of the circle and watched as Sonya led Tara to the opposite edge of the circle. As the two witches stood on opposite sides and stared with tears in their eyes at the sight of the other, everyone in attendance smiled at seeing it. The ceremony began.

Nora stood in the center of the circle. She walked to the edge of the circle in front of Tara. "It's time." she said clearly as she walked to that edge. "Tara Maclay, how do you wish to enter this circle?"

Tara looked at the Priestess, "in perfect love and perfect trust." Tara released a calm and deep breath and crossed into the circle. She took Nora's proffered hand and they walked to the silk material spread on the ground.

Nora turned and walked to the other side of the circle, where Willow was waiting. She looked at the redhead. "How do you wish to enter the circle?" she asked.

"In perfect love and perfect trust." Willow answered and smiled at Tara as she took Nora's hand.

After taking Willow to where Tara was, Nora moved back and sealed the circle. She moved back over and joined their hands. "Kneel." she told them. She waited until they were settled onto the pristine silk covering the grassy ground before she continued. She looked out over the audience in attendance. "Welcome friends, as we gather here to celebrate the marraige of Willow Rosenberg and Tara Maclay. Divine One, I ask thee to bless this couple, their love, and their marraige as long as they shall live in love together. May they each enjoy a healthy life filled with joy, love, stability, and fertility."

Willow looked at Tara for a moment. "We made it, baby." she whispered.

"We sure did." Tara whispered back.

Grasping the athame from the alter with her hands, Nora turned towards the direction of the East. "Blessed be by the element of air. May you be blessed with communication, intellectual growth, and wisdom."

Squeezing the hand that held hers, Willow looked at Tara's profilic face. It was serene and perfect.

Nora turned to the South. "Blessed be by the element of fire. May you be blessed with harmony, vitality, creativity, and passion."

Tara took more breaths as she bit back the tears that were threatening to fall.

Nora looked and turned to the West. "Blessed be by the element of water. May you be blessed with friendship, intuition, caring, understanding, and love."

The witches glanced at each other at the same time and smiled at each other, recognizing the attributes spoken in each other.

Nora turned her athame to the North. "Blessed be by the element of earth. May you be blessed with tenderness, happiness, compassion, and sensuality." Nora turned to Willow and Tara and quirked a brow, her intuition telling her that Willow and Tara already had those areas covered.

Anya smiled to herself, she'd been at the Summers House in the past and overheard the witches making love on several occasions. She smiled at the witches's happiness.

Nora turned to everyone in attendance and began the next stage of the ceremony. It was a long speech, but it was one that needed to be said. "In all the eons, the long and slow climb of evolution has no greater culmanation than the union of people in love. From the time the first amoeba fissioned into two, there has been the possibility of companionship and the possibility of lonliness. From the time Nature invented sexual reproduction, love has been a quickening. In humans as self-aware beings, sexuality provided a way that love can conjoin the bodies, hearts, minds, and souls of those who love."

Nora's face showed a tinge of sadness as she continued, seeing the listening faces. "Humans have sadly turned away from Nature's harmony for most of our lives. There is war, lonliness, and desolation, and the soul of Nature mourns. So when there are those of us who love enough to make a commitment such as this one tonight between Willow and Tara, the very stars rejoice at the rediscovery of love, joy, and bounty." Nora paused reflectively. "Love has its seasons the same as does the Earth. In the spring of love is the discovery of each other, the pulse of the senses, the getting to know the mind and heart of the other, a blooming like the buds and flowers of springtime."

"In the winter of love, there is parting and sorrow. But love remains, as do the stark and bare tree trunks in the snow, ready for the renewal of love in the spring as life and love begin anew. In the summer of love, life continues to blossum around those in love. The summer of love also comes the strength, the commitment to each other, the most active part of life, perhaps including the giving of life back to itself through children; the sharing of joys and sorrows, the learning to be humans who are each complete and whole but who can merge each with the other, as the trees grow green and tall in the heat of the sun. And in the fall of love is contentment of love that knows the other completely. Passion remains, and ease of companionship. The heart smoothes love into a steady light, glorious as the autumn leaves. Now, in this time of winter, Willow and Tara have gathered before their friends to make a statement of their commitment to each other, to their love."

Smiling at each other, Tara and Willow gaze into each other's eyes as Nora stood, looking down at them. Everyone in the audience looked on with them with tears in their eyes. Nora continued, "Do you now commit to each other to love, honor, respect each other, to communicate with each other, to look to your own emotional health so that you can relate in a healthy way, and provide a healthy home for children if you choose to have them. Do you pledge to be a support and comfort for your partner in times of sickness and health, as long as love shall last?"

"We do." Willow and Tara murmured in unison.

Nora took out the single gold band rings that the couple had chosen together as their wedding rings. "Let us bless the rings. Circles represent eternity, and though our lives are finite, love is everlasting, the creative force that binds us together, the force that gives new life. The blessings of the wind upon these rings and your love, that you share communication and creativity. The blessings of fire upon these rings and your love, that you share passion and the spirit. The blessings of water upon these rings and your love, that you share love and compassion. The blessings of the Earth upon these rings and your love, that you share health and sexuality. We humans are born of stardust and deepest oceans, of erupting volcanoes and the bones of the Earth. In celebrating love, you celebrate a heritage of all these things, and of the love of all humans from the dawn of time. In making a commitment to loving each other, you share that which is best in us and give a moment of light to the world. Willow, place the ring on Tara's finger and repeat after me."

Willow gently placed the ring on Tara's ring finger. She looked at her lover's face, loving the look of it.

"With this ring, I thee wed." Nora said.

"With this ring, I thee wed." Willow repeated.

"Now, Tara, place your ring on Willow's finger." Nora instructed.

As gently as she could, Tara did as requested, slipping the band over Willow's slender finger.

"With this ring, I thee wed." Nora said.

"With this ring, I thee wed." Tara repeated the words as she stared at Willow's deep green eyes.

"Friends and family of this couple, I now pronounce you married. May you each and together be blessed with health, happiness, harmony, and love." Nora said, "Willow, Tara, you may kiss each other to punctuate this ceremony. So mote it be!"

"Smoochies!" Willow said, eliciting a smile of happiness from Tara. Willow draped her forearms over Tara's shoulders and leaned toward her.

"Privilege of the married couples!" Tara said back to her, placing her hands on Willow's hips and squeezing. She leaned forward and pressed her lips against Willow's. She took a slow, sensuous taste of her new wife's mouth. She reached up and dug her fingers into Willow's red hair and held her as she kissed her passionately.

"Ooh, way to go Tara!!" Xander cheered.

A few more moments passed and the two were still in their passionate embrace. Buffy snorted, "this is quickly moving into an R rated kiss."

Tara slowly withdrew, the taste of Willow's lips still lingering there. She bit her bottom lip and smiled at Willow. Willow had her eyes closed and she had an easy and relaxed smile on her face as she held Tara close to her.

All their friends stood up and clapped and cheered for the marraige of their two friends. Though they've faced so much pain and misery in the past year, the two witches were together and that's all that mattered.

---**---

After the ceremony concluded, Willow and Tara moved through the small assembled crowd and got their embraces and congratulations from those closest to them. After a heartful hug from Giles, Willow found herself pulled away by her best friend, Buffy.

"Hey Will, that was a great ceremony. Very beautiful." Buffy said.

"It really was." Willow agreed, giving the Slayer a smile so bright and full of happiness that it nearly made Buffy faint from the power of it.

"So, still got any of those doubts, Will?" Buffy asked.

"No doubts in this bride." Willow answered, giving her another happy smile. "I never ever thought I could be this happy, Buffy." she admitted to her friend. She turned her head slightly so that Tara was in her line of vision. Seeing the dark blonde, she sighed happily. Her new wife was speaking with Dawn and Anya. "Absolutely no doubts." she murmured.

"That's great Will." Buffy replied, smiling at her. "Now, let's see that ring."

Willow rose her left hand and Buffy looked upon the wedding band. "What do you think?"

"That's a beautiful ring, Will." Buffy said.

"Thank you." Willow whispered, pulling her hand back and tracing her fingers over the band with reverence.

"Come on." Buffy said, pulling Willow by the hand.

"What..." Willow started.

"Before you and Tara dance the night away, I want one dance with you. I'll get a dance with Tara after that, then you two can dance yourselves away." Buffy said as she pulled her best friend to the dancing area of the reception.

Across the way, Tara watched Willow be pulled onto the dancing area with Buffy with a smile. She was talking with Dawn and Anya. Assured the Slayer wouldn't allow no harm to come to her wife, she turned back to Anya and Dawn. Off to the far side, Xander had a stereo set up and he had the music on for the people who wanted to dance.

The reception continued with everyone laughing and enjoying merriment in celebration of Willow and Tara's wedding ceremony. Even Giles seemed to be getting into the swing of it and he was usually the one who didn't show much emotion for such events. And it was in those moments, those moments at the end of the reception where happiness was flourishing that everything changed with a sudden intensity that no one would ever forget.

It started with just a low sounding rumble that spread towards them in all directions, slowly beginning to shake the ground they stood on. As the ground began to shake around them, Buffy looked at Nora. The priestess showed the same look of caution as the Slayer. Buffy looked towards Sonya and saw that the sorceress was looking around with caution as well.

"What's going on?" Willow asked, holding onto Tara's arm.

"I don't know." Buffy answered, looking around as the ground shaked.

Then, the shaking and rumbling of the ground subsided just before a bright flash erupted in the air above the ground, the intensity of the flash sending everyone to the ground as a wave of energy blasted them back. A figure materialized where the flash of light had happened. As the flash of light descended away, a female stood there, leaning on her right foot with her hand on her hip as she smiled evilly at the shocked faces.

"Anybody miss me?" Glory asked, smiling at the assembled group.

---**---

The grassy clearing where the ceremony and reception took place was ghostly silent. They all stared in shock and horror at a face that none of them never expected to ever see again. It was Glory, the hellgod otherwise known as Glorificus. Each Scooby remembered in graphic detail the last time they'd seen the goddess.

The one thing Buffy remembered was almost losing her sister to the hellgod's demented mission to return home and she remembered her own sacrifice. A sacrifice that, at the time, was needed to preserve the world. But things were different now. There would be no sacrifice. As Dawn stared at the goddess, she remembered the pain and misery of watching her sister dive off that platform to close the portal and she remembered the misery of being Glory's captive for that long day, the longest of her life.

Willow remembered the events of Glory's ultimate destruction quite clearly. She remembered Tara's sanity being restored and she remembered being ecstatic about that. About having Tara back to her self again. But that was overshadowed by Buffy's death to close that portal. And standing here looking at the goddess made Willow shiver all over. Tara remembered all too clearly the events of Glory's demise. From losing her sanity by having Glory's fingers in her brain, to that traumatic finish when she got her sanity back thanks to Willow's powerful spell, Tara remembered it all. And having all those thoughts and emotions re-awakened was not something Tara wanted to deal with right now.

Glory smirked at the horrified faces. She was wearing a sleeveless black leather top and a pair of black leather pants, leaving just a small amount of skin between the pants and top showing. Her reddened hair glowed in the sun's rays that bounced off of it. "Well, looks like we've been having a nice little Wiccan wedding, doesn't it?"

"Glory." Buffy said the word with anger.

"Oh, what's the matter sweet cheeks, didn't miss me while I was gone?" Glory snickered. "That's okay, I didn't miss you either. But I'm back now and I'm going to make it all better."

"How did you...." it was Dawn asking the question.

Glory turned her eyes to Dawn. She read the girl's aura easily and quickly. With a frown, she realized that Dawn's abilities as the Key were no longer active inside her. She did notice something about the girl, though, and that piece of info Glory knew would come in handy later. "You know, it's a shame I can't use your blood anymore." Glory said.

"And why is that?" Dawn asked back.

"Because when you were the Key, I had use for you. Since that's gone, I have no problem with just killing you, little girl." Glory said, smiling at Dawn.

The smile made her uneasy and Dawn couldn't help but backing off. She ended up backing into Sonya. She looked up at the sorceress's face. There was a look of sudden interest in Sonya's face that Dawn had never seen in the woman's face before. She seemed to be studying Glory.

Glory looked at Tara and her eyebrows hiked up to her forehead. "And you...."

"M-me?" Tara said, instinctively stepping back and pulling Willow with her.

Glory lost her smile. "That little trick your bitch pulled on me got your sanity back."

The nervousness and fear lessened from Tara's body when she heard that. She stepped forward, conscious of Willow trying to pull her back. "First of all," Tara said, intently looking into Glory's eyes, "don't call me Willow a bitch. Second, yes, I'm me again. And I won't go back."

Glory tilted her head. "Your right, I won't take your sanity again. I've got something much worse in mind for all of you." Then, Glory's eyes shifted to Jacob, who was watching everything with curiosity. He wasn't around when Glory first showed up in Sunnydale. "Well, will wonders never cease!" she exclaimed.

"What?" Buffy said, looking at the hellgoddess with contempt.

"It's a Daywalker. I've never actually crossed paths with one of them before. What's your name?" Glory wanted to know.

"Jacob." he said, narrowing his eyes. "So your the infamous Glory."

Glory bowed her head. "I am she that is unstoppable."

"You know what Glory," Buffy stepped forward, "I've had about enough talking. Your back, so what. We're not going to just let you take over like last time."

Instead of reacting with words, Glory reacted with physical force. She backhanded Buffy across the face, sending the Slayer across the clearing, crashing into the chairs. Glory made Buffy her target and went after her. Walking onto the carpet covering the grass, Glory walked right up to Buffy and grabbed her by the throat, lifting her into the air. "I can't believe I just let you ruin me like that last time. Escpecially when all I had to do was this."

Buffy's feet weren't on the ground, so she couldn't ease the pressure Glory was now putting on her neck. Buffy's breath constricted as it was cut off. She gasped, failing in her attempts to break Glory's hold. She felt her life once again fading away from her body and, unlike the other time, it wasn't in her power to stop it.

As Glory continued to add the pressure to Buffy's throat, she suddenly felt energy hit her body from the back and it surged through her, a burning sensation erupting through her. She released Buffy with a growl and turned around to see who interrupted her killing of the Slayer. Everything had happened so quickly that none of her friends had reacted in the short amount of time that it had happened in. Instead, it was Nora, who stood defiantly across from Glory, who sent the powerful burst of energy at the goddess.

"And just who the hell do you think you are?" Glory demanded as she began heading across the clearing towards the priestess.

Nora stood calmly there, not showing fear. "My name is Nora."

"Well Nora," Glory sneered as she stopped before her, "you picked the wrong side, sister!"

"Glorificus, you are standing on the sacred grounds of the Divine One. You must either leave now or suffer her wrath." Nora warned.

A look of defiant anger crossed Glory's features. "You, who are nothing more than a human, dare to order me around?" her voice was incredulous.

"That is your only warning, Glorificus." Nora told her. As she spoke, the priestess was calling on the Divine One to assist her.

Glory marched up to her and attempted to backhand her. Her fist came within inches of Nora's face before an invisible energy barrier asserted itself and her fist smacked against it. Glory's face showed rage as she again tried to pummel the priestess. Her strikes hit the barrier. Nora raised her hand. "Lock." she said calmly and clearly. A gust of wind swirled up and locked Glory in one place. Glory roared as she tried to break out of the hold, but the power used to hold her was stronger even than Glory's.

"What did you do?" Buffy asked.

Nora looked at her and the others as they watched Glory's struggling body. "The land we are standing on is sacred. It was blessed by the four goddesses Aphrodite, Athena, Gaia, and Thespia. Any evil that steps onto this ground with the intent to commit evil will be prevented from doing evil."

"Well, if that's true, how did Glory get Buffy into that choke hold?" Giles demanded, his concern about Buffy was evident.

Nora looked at the Englishman. "Because Glory is not just evil, she is a goddess, her power is as strong as the four goddesses. I had to channel the power of the Divine One to hold her. We all had better leave. The binding field will not last forever. Only a certain amount of time."

"Where do we go, back home?" Dawn asked.

"No, for now, why don't you come to my home. I will show you where." Nora said as she began walking towards the vehicles. There were three vehicles parked nearby; Tara's, Xander's, and Jacob's. Willow, Tara, and Dawn drove in Tara's vehicle. Xander, Anya, and Giles drove in Xander's. And Buffy, Jacob, and Nora drove in Jacob's. Sonya already knew where they were headed, since she knew the lands they were on very well, and she was going to meet them.

As their vehicles drove off, Glory's face showed a smirk as she watched them leave here there, trapped in the binding field. She knew it would wear off eventually and Glory was actually looking forward to this hunt. Glory knew they wouldn't return to the city because the chances were greater of Glory finding them. So, Glory welcomed the hunt. She was the hunter and they were the prey and it wouldn't take Glory long before she had them all screaming in agony for mercy.

In truth, she welcomed their screams.

End of This Update

Please, let me know what you think!

Kudos!!!

Edited by: xita  at: 10/13/02 12:34:51 am

Post subject: Re: Wedding Disasters - 6th Story in the Soulmates Series
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:55 am 
:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

yay!!! wedding!! Okay i'm off to go read it now :) I was just so excited to see that it was up i had to comment.

edited.

k, i've read it and one thing comes to mind: Fantastic!!!!!

Glory's back!! And they actually got throught the ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the next installment!!!

-Will

"Hear that baby? You're my always."

"well, you know, when you play a lesbian witch you've gotta get killed in this fun kind of exciting way, so the heart was the way to go..."

"we have the most amazing fans though they LOVE us."

Edited by: willntlover at: 10/7/02 11:23:42 am

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:46 pm 
Excellent!!!! :bounce :bounce :bounce

I have been waiting for you to continue with this. The wedding is beautifully done.

Glory is back!!!! :( This is so not good.

Now, I want to know what is going on with Willow's pregnancy. You haven't mentioned it in a while.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.
Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Willow: Hi, um Tara. I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

Post subject: New Update
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:39 pm 
Here's an update to the story. I changed something in an earlier scene, so I included the scene in this update. Hope you enjoy it.

Email: letsrocket_1998@yahoo.com

URL: deviousone2002.tripod.com

Kudos!!!

Disclaimer: I don't own Buffy, Dawn, Willow, Tara, Anya, Xander, Giles, or any of the other familiar characters seen on Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. Joss Whedon owns all of the characters of the show, because the show is his beauty and up until the end of this season, I loved it. I just hated the ending. The character of Jacob is original, therefore, it belongs to me completely. The idea of the Daywalker, however, belongs to the makers of the movie Blade. I don't know who made the movie off hand.

Spoilers: All six seasons are involved for spoilers. After Grave especially. Refer to my story, Returning, to know the whole story. I hope you enjoy it. And, as always, comments and criticisms are welcome. Here's my addy: letsrocket_1998@yahoo.com.

Author's Note: Okay, first off, this story is the sixth installment to the Soulmate Series. By now, Jacob has gotten together with Buffy and the time for the witches wedding has finally arrived. I have been putting the actual wedding off for a couple reasons. Even after reading Lisa Countryman's wonderful story, Reward and Reprisal, I was still kind of worried about being able to write the wedding part of the story. But, I finally decided to just try it and hope I can pull it off. I've found some resources off the net that Lisa says she got her info from and I hope I do a good enough job for you readers to enjoy this.

Author's Note 2: Couple of original ideas are in this story. First of all, the Witches Committee, in a way, come from Lisa Countryman's Unexpected Consequences (A Magnificent read, by the way), just the name though. Her view of what the Witches Committee could be is spectacular, but I'm using the Witches Committee in a completely different way. Um, Wolfram & Hart belong to Joss Whedon and David Greenwalt, creators of Angel. Of course, the Council of Watchers is Joss's property (As everyone knows by now), and the idea of that diabolical group, The Society, is all mine. Hope you enjoy it.

Author's Note 3: Alright, this story is somewhat of a crossover with the television series, Charmed. Now, I didn't have a chance to finish watching the last season of Charmed, but I do some things. I know that Paige is the replacement sister for Prue. I know that the Source was using Cole's body and I know that Cole and Phoebe were getting married. Oh, I know that the Source already had a dark wedding with Phoebe, and that was the last episode I saw. So, I don't know what happened in the remaining eps. So, because of all that, I might be off with certain aspects when I mention the Charmed Ones into this story. Forgive me.

Author's Note 4: I was emailed about two disclaimers I didn't put up before, so here they are, posted as an author's note together. First, this story insinuates a loving and tender relationship between two women. Second, this story involves some violence, parental guidance suggested. BTW, my new web address is at deviousone2002.tripod.com Enjoy the story.

Author's Note 5: The basic design and organization for the handfasting ceremony was borrowed from Lisa Countryman's Reward and Reprisal story. But she lists this website as being where she borrowed the material, so I'll list it here. www.thetask.com/threshold...fast2.htm. Kudos!!!

BEGINNING OF UPDATE

The grassy clearing where the ceremony and reception took place was ghostly silent. They all stared in shock and horror at a face that none of them never expected to ever see again. It was Glory, the hellgod otherwise known as Glorificus. Each Scooby remembered in graphic detail the last time they'd seen the goddess.

The one thing Buffy remembered was almost losing her sister to the hellgod's demented mission to return home and she remembered her own sacrifice. A sacrifice that, at the time, was needed to preserve the world. But things were different now. There would be no sacrifice. As Dawn stared at the goddess, she remembered the pain and misery of watching her sister dive off that platform to close the portal and she remembered the misery of being Glory's captive for that long day, the longest of her life.

Willow remembered the events of Glory's ultimate destruction quite clearly. She remembered Tara's sanity being restored and she remembered being ecstatic about that. About having Tara back to her self again. But that was overshadowed by Buffy's death to close that portal. And standing here looking at the goddess made Willow shiver all over. Tara remembered all too clearly the events of Glory's demise. From losing her sanity by having Glory's fingers in her brain, to that traumatic finish when she got her sanity back thanks to Willow's powerful spell, Tara remembered it all. And having all those thoughts and emotions re-awakened was not something Tara wanted to deal with right now.

Glory smirked at the horrified faces. She was wearing a sleeveless black leather top and a pair of black leather pants, leaving just a small amount of skin between the pants and top showing. Her reddened hair glowed in the sun's rays that bounced off of it. "Well, looks like we've been having a nice little Wiccan wedding, doesn't it?"

"Glory." Buffy said the word with anger.

"Oh, what's the matter sweet cheeks, didn't miss me while I was gone?" Glory snickered. "That's okay, I didn't miss you either. But I'm back now and I'm going to make it all better."

"How did you...." it was Dawn asking the question.

Glory turned her eyes to Dawn. She read the girl's aura easily and quickly. With a frown, she realized that Dawn's abilities as the Key were no longer active inside her. She did notice something about the girl, though, and that piece of info Glory knew would come in handy later. "You know, it's a shame I can't use your blood anymore." Glory said.

"And why is that?" Dawn asked back.

"Because when you were the Key, I had use for you. Since that's gone, I have no problem with just killing you, little girl." Glory said, smiling at Dawn.

The smile made her uneasy and Dawn couldn't help but backing off. She ended up backing into Sonya. She looked up at the sorceress's face. There was a look of sudden interest in Sonya's face that Dawn had never seen in the woman's face before. She seemed to be studying Glory.

Glory looked at Tara and her eyebrows hiked up to her forehead. "And you...."

"M-me?" Tara said, instinctively stepping back and pulling Willow with her.

Glory lost her smile. "That little trick your bitch pulled on me got your sanity back."

The nervousness and fear lessened from Tara's body when she heard that. She stepped forward, conscious of Willow trying to pull her back. "First of all," Tara said, intently looking into Glory's eyes, "don't call me Willow a bitch. Second, yes, I'm me again. And I won't go back."

Glory tilted her head. "Your right, I won't take your sanity again. I've got something much worse in mind for all of you." Then, Glory's eyes shifted to Jacob, who was watching everything with curiosity. He wasn't around when Glory first showed up in Sunnydale. "Well, will wonders never cease!" she exclaimed.

"What?" Buffy said, looking at the hellgoddess with contempt.

"It's a Daywalker. I've never actually crossed paths with one of them before. What's your name?" Glory wanted to know.

"Jacob." he said, narrowing his eyes. "So your the infamous Glory."

Glory bowed her head. "I am she that is unstoppable."

"You know what Glory," Buffy stepped forward, "I've had about enough talking. Your back, so what. We're not going to just let you take over like last time."

Instead of reacting with words, Glory reacted with physical force. She backhanded Buffy across the face, sending the Slayer across the clearing, crashing into the chairs. Glory made Buffy her target and went after her. Walking onto the carpet covering the grass, Glory walked right up to Buffy and grabbed her by the throat, lifting her into the air. "I can't believe I just let you ruin me like that last time. Escpecially when all I had to do was this."

Buffy's feet weren't on the ground, so she couldn't ease the pressure Glory was now putting on her neck. Buffy's breath constricted as it was cut off. She gasped, failing in her attempts to break Glory's hold. She felt her life once again fading away from her body and, unlike the other time, it wasn't in her power to stop it.

As Glory continued to add the pressure to Buffy's throat, she suddenly felt energy hit her body from the back and it surged through her, a burning sensation erupting through her. She released Buffy with a growl and turned around to see who interrupted her killing of the Slayer. Everything had happened so quickly that none of her friends had reacted in the short amount of time that it had happened in. Instead, it was Nora, who stood defiantly across from Glory, who sent the powerful burst of energy at the goddess.

"And just who the hell do you think you are?" Glory demanded as she began heading across the clearing towards the priestess.

Nora stood calmly there, not showing fear. "My name is Nora."

"Well Nora," Glory sneered as she stopped before her, "you picked the wrong side, sister!"

"Glorificus, you are standing on the sacred grounds of the Divine One. You must either leave now or suffer her wrath." Nora warned.

A look of defiant anger crossed Glory's features. "You, who are nothing more than a human, dare to order me around?" her voice was incredulous.

"That is your only warning, Glorificus." Nora told her. As she spoke, the priestess was calling on the Divine One to assist her.

Glory marched up to her and attempted to backhand her. Her fist came within inches of Nora's face before an invisible energy barrier asserted itself and her fist smacked against it. Glory's face showed rage as she again tried to pummel the priestess. Her strikes hit the barrier. Nora raised her hand. "Lock." she said calmly and clearly. A gust of wind swirled up and locked Glory in one place. Glory roared as she tried to break out of the hold, but the power used to hold her was stronger even than Glory's.

"What did you do?" Buffy asked.

Nora looked at her and the others as they watched Glory's struggling body. "The land we are standing on is sacred. It was blessed by the four goddesses Aphrodite, Athena, Gaia, and Thespia. Any evil that steps onto this ground with the intent to commit evil will be prevented from doing evil."

"Well, if that's true, how did Glory get Buffy into that choke hold?" Giles demanded, his concern about Buffy was evident.

Nora looked at the Englishman. "Because Glory is not just evil, she is a goddess, her power is as strong as the four goddesses. I had to channel the power of the Divine One to hold her. We all had better leave. The binding field will not last forever. Only a certain amount of time."

"Where do we go, back home?" Dawn asked.

"Yes, your homes should be safe. Even when Glory is free of the binding field, I doubt she will come after you so quickly. You have time to prepare for her. Just lay low." Nora said as she began walking towards the vehicles. There were three vehicles parked nearby; Tara's, Xander's, and Jacob's. Willow, Tara, and Dawn drove in Tara's vehicle. Xander, Anya, and Giles drove in Xander's. And Buffy, Jacob, and Nora drove in Jacob's. Sonya quickly left the area using her powers and she had someone she wanted to get answers from. She told Giles where she would be in case they needed her.

As their vehicles drove off, Glory's face showed a smirk as she watched them leave here there, trapped in the binding field. She knew it would wear off eventually and Glory was actually looking forward to this hunt. Glory knew they'd be returning to the city and that was alright with her. It gave her some added time to prepare herself for her plans for them. So, Glory welcomed the hunt. She was the hunter and they were the prey and it wouldn't take Glory long before she had them all screaming in agony for mercy.

In truth, she welcomed their screams.

---**---

Within a couple of hours, they were all safely back in Sunnydale. Since they all now carried Cell phones as added insurance to remain safe and alive, if there was trouble, they'd easily get in contact with someone. Anya returned to her apartment while Xander went to his. Giles went with Buffy and Dawn to the house and Jacob headed off to his apartment. Instead of returning to the house, Willow and Tara decided to stay inside Tara's dorm room.

When the fall semester had first started, the witches had made the decision to have a second place arranged in case they couldn't have their privacy at the house. And the dorm room served that purpose quite well. Tara opened the door and carried her small case along her shoulder. She moved over to the bed and set it down on the floor next to the silk covered bed. Behind her, Willow entered and closed the door, looking around the room.

Surprisingly, it was the same room that Tara had been at before. Back when Warren had been responsible for Tara's shooting death. And as Willow looked around the room, a haunting memory suddenly hit her full force. And it was one line of words she'd spoken while in this room that she kept hearing as she looked at the room.

"Blood of the slain, hear me. Guide me to Tara's killer." the voice was haunting as it spoke inside her head, making Willow relive that memory. She closed her eyes and shook her head. Willow could remember the intent when she had sat inside this room, holding that white top that had Tara's blood splattered on it. And Willow's intent at that time was to make Warren pay for what he'd done.

"Hey..." Tara's voice made Willow open her eyes.

"Yeah..." she replied, shaking her head and giving her new wife a smile.

"What's wrong?" Tara's concerned voice queried.

Willow walked to the edge of the bed and sat down. On the ride back into town, they'd changed back into their street clothes. It was uncomfortable changing in Tara's car, but it was better than getting the garnered attention that they would have gotten coming into the dorm in wedding dresses. Willow sighed and glanced at her wife. "Just a nasty memory. No biggie." Willow said, looking at the floor.

Tara dropped down to her knees, nudging Willow's legs apart as she scooted in between them. She placed her hands on Willow's hips and gently caressed the skin underneath her light turquoise colored top. The top had a low v neck collar. "Hey....tell me about this memory." Tara requested.

"You don't want to know about it." Willow said, shaking her head.

Tara looked into her lover's eyes. "Tell me."

Willow took a breath and stared into the slate blue eyes of her wife. She saw concern, she saw interest, and she saw raw devotion. She felt Tara's fingers caressing her skin and she took a shaky breath and released it. And she did as requested. She told Tara of that memory. Of coming into this room with that white top and saying thos words to the shirt. When she was finished, both her eyes and Tara's were filling with unshed tears. She looked down and bit her bottom lip.

"Will, sweetie..." Tara's voice echoed through the dorm room, "I'm sorry. I should have realized coming here would awaken bad memories. Come on, why don't we go back to the house. I can call a cab."

"No." Willow said, putting her hands along Tara's shoulders to hold her in place. "We all have to face our demons sometime, right?"

Tara smiled.

"C'mere, the troubles with Glory can wait till tomorrow. Right now, I do believe we have a first night of marriage to enjoy." Willow said as she pressed her lips to Tara's.

Tara's moan was enough of an answer to Willow.

---**---

The blonde haired priestess of four different goddesses knocked on Jacob's door. After returning to Sunnydale, Jacob had come back to his place, but there was something of importance that Nora wanted to speak to him about and she didn't want to wait until later.

The door opened after a moment and Jacob stood before the priestess. He had on his black pants and a black short sleeved t-shirt. "Priestess Nora. This is a surprise."

She smiled at him. "I am sorry to interrupt your time right now, Jacob. But there is a matter I wanted to discuss with you privately before the meeting tomorrow."

Jacob moved aside and allowed the priestess entrance to his apartment. After she entered, he closed the door and leaned against the door as she turned around to face him. "So," Jacob said slowly, "what exactly can I do for you, Priestess?"

Nora had changed from her ceremonial gown to a pair of blue jeans and a blue t-shirt over her upper body. She had her blonde hair tied into a single ponytail. "You can call me Nora for starters. And secondly, I've been wondering ever since the wedding.....why are you in Sunnydale?" she asked him pointedly.

Jacob's eyebrow quirked as he heard the words. "I beg your pardon, Nora?" he didn't like way the words were phrased.

Nora crossed her arms. "Why are you here Jacob? You are the Daywalker and, for the life of me, I can't figure out why your staying in Sunnydale."

"This is the Hellmouth and I'm fighting evil. I'm part of the fight." Jacob said defensively.

Nora shook her head. "No, the Slayer is part of the fight. Her destiny calls for her to defend the Hellmouth. But you....your place is not in Sunnydale. Surely you must feel that."

Jacob didn't answer, he just stood there at the door and stared at her.

"You know I'm speaking the truth. Buffy's destiny calls for her to fight the forces of darkness from this place, from the Hellmouth. The Prophesy of the Daywalker, though, clearly indicates that your place is out there, in the world, fighting the vampires." Nora told him.

"I'm here because I choose to be." Jacob said, walking into his living room and looking out the window, his back to her.

Nora watched him sadly. "Your here because of Buffy."

Jacob remained silent, not moving a single inch of his body.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to sound like the bad guy, but....I know when you first passed through Sunnydale, you had a purpose. You were the Daywalker and you fought with every ounce of your being. But, starting the relationship with Buffy has changed your outlook on the world." Nora said.

"That's not true." Jacob turned and glared at the priestess.

She quirked an eyebrow. "Oh...is that so. Tell me this, then. You have many contacts throughout the world who supply your weapons. And before this year, you kept in contact with them constantly. When was the last time you contacted any of them?"

Jacob put his hands on his hips. He truly had no answer for the question. And that's because he knew the truthful answer. He hadn't contacted any of his contacts in over three months. Every since his relationship with Buffy began. And as Jacob started looking back at the past few months, he realized that he had not been fulfilling his destiny that he was born for. The Daywalker was destined to travel the world and battle the evil forces out there. It was his responsibility and he wasn't doing what he was supposed to.

Nora walked up to him when she saw the thoughts flickering in his eyes. "Jacob, I am sorry for saying this to you. But, the fact is.....if you do not change your lifestyle now, the Powers That Be are going to send you a powerful wake up call. It will be something you may not be able to handle. Your place in the struggle between good and evil is not in Sunnydale. It's out there, in the world. That's where you belong and if you remain here, your going to reminded of that, hard."

With that said, Nora turned and walked to the door and opened it. She looked back one last time, glancing at him. Jacob hadn't moved from where he stood. She knew her words were hurting the Daywalker and she knew that the decision to leave would be a tough one, but it would be the right one. And the priestess understood that Buffy would be hurt by this decision as well, but the truth of the matter was simple: the Daywalker belonged to the world and that's where he needed to be.

She hoped they would both understand that.

---**---

Tara woke slowly. Her blue eyes fluttered open as rays of sunlight filtered in through the open window. The blonde Wiccan was lying on her left side, her head pillowed on Willow's bare right breast and her right arm curled over Willow's rounded belly. Now in their sixth month of the pregnancy, Willow's body was clearly showing her being with child.

The blonde smoothed her fingers over the rounded skin at Willow's stomach, her lips turning upward into a single smile. She remembered the night before very clearly. The night before was tender and loving, but passionate at the same time. As Tara felt the pulses under her fingers and felt the warmth of the skin itself, she felt a fierce protectiveness surge within her and she scooted closer to her redheaded wife.

As Tara laid there in bed, she thought about the events of the day before. It was supposed to their happiest day, the day they were wed. Instead, it ended with the re-emergence of Glory of all people. Tara shivered, just thinking about the hellgod. Tara could still remember, with perfect clarity, what happened during those days when her sanity had been ripped from her mind by Glory's hands. She remembered the feelings of lonliness and fright she'd felt.

Like Glory had said, it was like being locked in a small dark room with no way out. With these voices echoing through it. Tara didn't like thinking about what that was like, but the more she dwelled on just the thought of Glory, the more she shivered.

Her uneasiness seemed to shift right into Willow because a moment later, Tara felt Willow's right hand touch the skin at the back of her neck, gently rubbing the area. "Tara?" Willow's sleepy voice croaked.

Tara looked up, looking in her lover's eyes. "Yeah?"

"What's wrong? You were shivering." Willow said, turning her head. The slight movement upset her back because of the added weight in her.

Tara leaned back and looked at her. "Just thinking about Glory."

Willow nodded, smoothing her fingers over Tara's shoulder. "It's okay. We'll deal with Glory. She's not going to hurt us again."

Tara smiled and kissed her. Moving back, she bit her lip. "Guess we should shower. Buffy wanted to meet in the Magic Box to discuss Glory."

"I guess." Willow replied, not really wanting to move from her comfortable spot on the bed with Tara pressed against her.

"But you don't want to." Tara guessed.

Willow let out a breath. "I just don't want to have to deal with Glory, period."

There was a moment of silence as Tara looked at Willow's rounded belly. "We have to." Tara said quietly. "Sooner or later, Glory's going to attack us again....and we need to be ready."

Willow nodded as she slowly moved her body around, swinging her legs over to the floor and stood up. Tara was with her as they headed off to the bathroom. They both took their time with the shower, cleaning each other's bodies with loving detail and drying each other off. Afterwards, they found the clothing they wanted to wear and they headed out, towards the Magic Box, for the meeting that would help them determine how to proceed with handling Glory.

---**---

A few hours later, they were all assembled at the Magic Box. Willow and Tara were seated together on one side of the round table, with Dawn and Jacob seated on the other side. Anya and Xander were over by the counter while Giles and Buffy stood nearby. They were waiting for the priestess Nora. She had asked for them to wait for her. They had been waiting here for about ten minutes when the bell rang as the door opened.

The blonde priestess entered slowly. She had her hair rolled up into a bun at the back of her head. She wore a pair of black jeans with a cream colored t-shirt on. She had a strap over her shoulder that was connected to a leather bag that was obviously holding something. She walked into the shop silently.

Giles remoed his glasses as he surveyed the assembled group of Scoobies. "Well, now that everyone who should be here is here, perhaps we can get on with it." Giles said. The Watcher was still having a difficult time understanding how Glory could be here, especially considering that he himself knew how Glory's human body was disposed of in the first place.

"I guess we should start digging in the books about how Glory's even here." Buffy commented as she started to walk to the historical books area.

"There is no need for that." Nora said calmly.

Buffy stopped and regarded the blonde woman. "Excuse me? Glory is alive and in this dimension, I think we need to figure out how she got here and what she wants."

Nora shrugged her bag off her shoulder. "Oh, I agree with you about needing to know....but those books you have here won't help you."

"I beg to differ with you." Giles replied, "Those books have helped us many times."

"That may be, but tell me, did they be of much use last time? Did they help you much when you first encountered Glorificus?" Nora asked them.

"Not really." Anya voiced up. "Giles's books didn't really help last time."

"Do you know something we don't?" Giles asked. "If I recall, you recognized her immediately. We didn't have to say her name before you knew."

Nora looked at all of them before she took her bag over to the round table and opened the top of it. She removed a thick volumed book from the bag and set it on the table. "This," she emphasized, "is how I knew that Glorificus would be returning."

They all gathered near the table and looked at cover of the leather bound volume. Buffy looked at Giles's face after a few moments of looking at the book. There was an unreadable look on his face, but his eyes held an intensity she'd never seen before. "Giles?"

Giles ignored the Slayer and glared at the priestess. "Where did you get this?"

Nora put her bag down and pulled the book closer to her. "This has been in my family for generations. It was passed down from mother to daughter for over two centuries."

"What is that?" Jacob asked cautiously.

"That," Giles stressed the word, "is the Sotalkian Journal."

"The Sotalkian Journal?" Willow asked. She would've leaned forward, but her rounded belly prevented her from doing so.

"Yes," Nora replied, "this book was written by powerful mages who could see the future. They had visions of events that would either happen in the future or the visions would be a warning of a horrible event in the future."

As Tara listened to the priestess speak, she couldn't help but be taken back to the conversation she had with Giles the day before, just before she and Dawn headed to the mountains. It was words similar to those that rang in her ears, in his voice and they suddenly rang through her ears. She glanced at Giles, but he wouldn't meet her gaze. She opened her mouth, but no words came out.

"So, how does this book help us?" Dawn asked.

Nora opened the book. "One of the entries in here speaks of a force of darkness so deadly, so lethal in it's force, rising in an unknown future. And that this force would unleash great dangers upon the world."

"Some unknown force?" Buffy qurked a brow.

Nora nodded. "Yes, a force of darkness. And I believe that Glory is one of the great dangers to be unleashed upon the world. Anyway, there are other entries that describes Glory because it describes the great battle you had with her on that tower." she said, "But it's not the book that helped me the most."

"What are you talking about?" Xander asked.

"The Journal mentions a force of darkness, but it doesn't identify it. Through my own connections and undercover investigations, I have discovered something that I believe may pertain to that force." Nora said, looking at them. "Have any of you ever heard of a group known as the Society?"

"No," Buffy answered, "what is this Society?"

Nora crossed her arms over her chest. "The Society is a group....sort of like the Council, but they are more like Wolfram & Hart."

"Okay, I know all about the Council, and Angel's told me about Wolfram & Hart, so why don't you tell us about this Society?" Buffy requested.

"Very well," Nora agreed to, "for eons of generations, the Society has existed outside of man, outside of animal. They have orchestrated the most horrific wars in mankind. That's what they do, they don't create evil, they cause it. Every single major war that has broken out over the world, they have somehow been involved in it. I can't tell you how I know, I just do. The Society's influence goes high into American government and they have connections to important figures all along the world. From the Queen of England, to the President of the United States, the Society's influence reaches everywhere."

As they listened to her words, they tried to assertain the truth in them. They couldn't believe that they hadn't known about this very dangerous group before now. "How come we haven't learned of them before now?" Buffy asked suddenly.

"Well, none of their paths has crossed yours before. But the Society is behind Glory's sudden return, of that I am positive." Nora said.

"How can you be so sure?" Giles asked.

"Because..." Nora replied, "there was a magickal disturbance in the woods outside Sunnydale not too long ago. The disturbance was a resurrection of sorts. That's when I believe Glorificus was resurrected."

They were all silent as Nora's words penetrated into their minds.

"So, what happens now?" Xander asked.

"Yeah, how do we deal with Glory?" Dawn asked.

Nora shook her head. "I have spent the night going through every book I have, but I have not been able to come up with any solution. So, I have no answer for you."

End of Update

Hope you enjoyed this update. Post your comments if you have any.

Kudos!!!

Post subject: Re: New Update
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:47 pm 
Uh-oh!

The Society, SOunds very dangerous, and considering that guy gave me the heebee jeebies! The gang better watch out. Great update!! Just loving the vibe :)

-Will

"well, you know, when you play a lesbian witch you've gotta get killed in this fun kind of exciting way, so the heart was the way to go..."

Post subject: Re: New Update
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:09 pm 
Gosh. This is awesome!!!!! Glory is my favorite Villain of all time. I also believe season five is the last good season of Buffy.

And Jacob. I really hope he is able to work out a way to fulfill his prophecy and be able to stay in Sunnydale. Buffy has lost Angel and Riley, and I am hoping she will find love. But please not Spike. He isn't even worth mentioning.

Well, there is some good news. Atleast Willow and Tara are able to get married before all of the trouble. I am really praying these things will not hurt Willow's pregnancy.

Willow: Hi, um Tara. I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

Post subject: Bad News
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:56 pm 
I really hate to do this, especially because of how long Wedding Disasters has been put on hold, but I'm taking some time away from Buffy fanfiction altogether. What I'm doing is going back to my favorite genre of fanfiction and that's Power Rangers.

It's a children's show, I know, but I've been a fan of that show since the first year it aired. I've followed it through all the different seasons, seen all the cast changes it's had and some of the cast changes were good, others not so good, but I don't want to get into that here because this is so not the place for it.

I will continue with Wedding Disasters sooner or later, but I've started a PR story that I want to continue with and if anyone wants to follow that story, just check out my website and click at the PR image that will go to the stories I have done.

What I do want to do, though, is ask some questions to all who have read Wedding Disasters up to this point.

Question 1: If you've read it, did you enjoy it?

Question 2: How could I improve the story?

Question 3: What are your thoughts on the Society and their importance I've put on them?

Question 4: This is the last one. How should I continue with this story? Should I have Jacob leave Sunnydale or continue?

Thanks for your responses so far and if I have time, I might continue with it while I'm writing my Power Rangers story, who knows.

I anticipate your answers to these questions. Thanks and enjoy your day.

Kudos!!!

Post subject: Re: Bad News
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:30 pm 
Hey cool! Power Rangers are neat. I might have to check out your stories :)

As for the Q's:

1) I've read the entire series so far, and i have REALLY REALLY loved it!!!!!

2) I think that you could include W/T's parents a bit more. But i really love the direction the story is going now.

3) The Society seems really powerful and a enemie that the Scoobs will have to work hard to beat. I enjoy fics with 1 bad guy because it gives the characters (and the writers) to realize how they feel about the incidents the evil enemy causes adn such. (plus if the bag bad is around through out teh whole story then the big bad can find out how to get at the Scoobs in teh worst way possible which = angsty coolness :) ANother thing is that the Society aren't the end all of evilness, so if the Scoobs beat them, there will always be some greater evil to fight adn kill )

4) I like Jacob, but it would be a great plot to have him leave. You could have Buffy be sad (but not depressed psycho that ME portrayed her as in season sux!!!) but have her turn to her slayer duities and have her become a better slayer. Not emotionally challenged, just focused on Dawn adn her duties. Plus you could always have him come back if you write another part.

Thanks for letting us know.

just one OT Q: Which season/time setting is the PR story going to take place???

-Will

Post subject: Re: Bad News
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:14 pm 
1)I have followed this story from the beginning. I love it.

2)I like what you have done so far. You haven't mentioned Tara's illness in a while. I hope it's minor.

3)They're interesting. I would like to know what they are up to.

4)I love Jacob. Buffy has lost Angel and Riley, and I would like for her to finally be happy. I want Jacob to work out a way to stay in Sunnydale and still fulfill his prophecy. Jacob deserves happiness too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:37 am 
This is new to the archive. You can leave feedback!

To the creator of this thread: If you ever want to add something new, just email a mod and we'll move it to the active Pens board.

I have often been adrift, but I have always stayed afloat.    --  David Berry,  The Whales of August

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:11 pm 
5. Willowhand

is the writer gone?