The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Buffy Goes Forth
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:01 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 1
• Title - Buffy Goes Forth
• Author name – Yachi - Tiffany
• Rating - NC-17 - War related violence (alot of it I may add), moderate to extensive swearing, angst, sexy times. (eventually)
• Disclaimer - I do not own any of these characters, they belong to Mutant Enemy and Joss Whedon.
• Feedback- Oh god please... But only constructive feedback. 'Cus helping is... *insert positive word rhyming with helping*
• Summary- Set in Northern France, 1917 in allied trenches. Starring the valiant and energetic Private Willow Rosenberg as she begins her journey into trenches, turmoil and Tara Maclay (eventually).
• Notes- This is my first time writing a Willow/Tara fanfic though I have wrote a few fanfics many moons ago. So yeah, I'm quite rusty.
• Spoiler Warning- It's a completely different universe, merely using the characters from the original Buffyverse. No spoilers from any season.
Chapter 1 - Deployment and Disappointment

Northern France, January 14th, 1917

Willow Rosenberg sat in the back compartment of the troop transport truck, resisting the temptation to itch her neck that was constricted by the incredibly uncomfortable collar. Though her khaki uniform kept out the cold (barely) it seemed to have no intention of being comfortable for the wearer in any way, shape or form.

Willow slowly reached into the rucksack that along with her rifle was sat firmly between her shaky legs, pulling out a pocket watch that was embedded in a small pocket in the inner lining of her rucksack. She flipped open the cold metal and let it sit in her lap and admired this tiny but unique possession. She first looked at the clock, watching it's gently flicking hands. Quarter past four in the afternoon however as the watch was only set to British Standard Time it was... Willow paused to think for a moment. One hour ahead, quarter past five.

She then looked up at the small mirror in the inside the protective flap of the watch and carefully examined her reflection, she smiled. She had changed so much since a few months ago. Her red hair that had once flowed down to her stomach was now in a messy loose bob. Her large green eyes sparkled and blinked back at her. A small army of freckles was scattered across the bridge of her nose and rose pink lips completed her young face. Though she had just turned twenty, she still retained her young innocent teenage face and this led to teasing by her fellow servicemen and women.

On her left her sat her wisecracking but not wise life-long friend, Private Alexander Harris ,who along with her, had been conscripted into the British military after their incredible amount of casualties at the Battle of the Somme two months earlier. Xander chuckled softly as he moves his head beside Willow's to appear in the mirror's reflection "Hey Will, if you're not still zoning out looking at that fine time-indicating device then I suggest you ready up. We're nearly at camp."

Willow sighed as she slipped the clock back into her bag, looking towards Xander and smiling softly "Alright."

Xander smiled back at her before turning to face opposite himself where the rest of their comrades sat. Directly opposite Xander sat Sergeant Buffy Summers, charismatic and particularly skilled in close-quarter combat she was deemed by the rest of the group as the one the Hun definitely don't want to jump on. Beside her on her right sat Private Anya Jenkins, a trouble-making communist who had been forced into the army after well.. Complaining about being forced into the army. And finally, beside Anya sat Warrant Officer Rupert Giles, their not-so commanding officer who seemed to have set the record for the amount of times a pair of glasses can be cleaned in under a minute.

The brave but not so bright, Sunnyshire Riflemans Regiment. Nicknamed the Sunnyshire Slayers. Off to war. Hurrah!

Author's note: Please comment your responses as feedback is greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Buffy Goes Forth
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:18 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

:whip DIBS! First dibs on the first chapter of a new story means double, I'm sure! :grin
Promising start. I understand the story takes place in an alternate universe version of the First Worldwar - which would explain all the female soldiers... I'm curious how Willow will meet Tara here, I really hope that Tara won't be one of the "enemies" (although if the enemies in your story are the troups of the german "Kaiser" as in our reality, I guess it would be unlikely to find a Tara Maclay among them). I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:34 pm 
3. Flaming O

interesting start.

Can't wait to read more.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:07 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 1
I would like to personally apologize for the inactivity of this story but after many months I have just got my internet back and.... I have no idea where I was going with this story. My inspiration and creativity regarding to this have blasted off and I don't know what to write, I'm sorry for anyone who enjoyed this I just don't know what to write. Good news on the other hand, I'm currently writing a Breaking Bad-esque story revolving around Giles and Rosenberg and the creation of black magic.

Sorry for letting people down, love y'all.

-Tiffany