The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fanfic - How I Met Your Mother (UPDATE 21 DEC 11)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:48 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... Big lol for Bitch C the Lunch Lady... Yay for Faith letting Mouse and the other girls drive... Can't wait for the rest of the festivities...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:29 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Howdy!

GREAT job with the W/T lovin! I agree with True_Love's comment that it seemed more mature. I think it's because they are growing and feeling more comfortable with each other. Falling in love and then acting on those feelings as a teen tends to mature you quickly. I'm just glad they found the time to sneak in a quickie!

I'm seriously hoping that the pic of Cordy in a hairnet serving food makes it into the school yearbook. :lmao The celebration sounds like a blast! Hopefully W/T will get some more alone time together!!

Awesome update! Happy New Year!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:04 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Gotta say, I wish more of the kids in my life were like the little girls in this fic. Love kids, but sometimes I just wanna smack them.

Dev makes up for her lack of singing ability with her knack for writing a pretty good song, something I can relate to all too well.

As for their lovemaking, it's definitely got a feel of them being more comfortable with the other, while still not being comfortable with themselves.

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:47 am 
5. Willowhand

I don't know how I missed leaving feedback on this. Must've gotten sidetracked because I know I read it right away. So Lexi already covered my thoughts on the beginning. Definitely increasing in their level of comfort. Which is just lovely to see. You're writing that really well. Of course the kids were adorable yet again. I loved that Faith let Mouse drive. Lol. And Cordelia in a hairnet... I'm jumping on that funny bandwagon. Hilarious! :lmao Looking forward to more.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:25 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
I completely agree with Lexi on Tara saying she wants to know Willow.
Cordelia getting volunteered by Finch-y was great and then having the hairnet photo
Faith and Tara's conversation was really nice especially
Quote:
Their eyes met. “Thanks. Um, thanks for the help and the party ideas and for,” Tara’s voice was nearly a whisper, “for this past h-half hour.”
Faith gave a short embarrassed nod then turned, “Okay everybody! Mount up, we’re moving out!”
their friendship is just so nice
Devola's singing was great as usual and the first bit of rule breaking was fantastic.

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.
Who are You

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:35 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Lexi AKA True_Love:
Hail, Dibs-Mistress! :bow

Quote:
It had a more mature tone than past gay-love scenes. I can't figure out if that was the use of your descriptions or that you intended for it to be that way to show how they have grown as lovers. Then the cute little dialog at the end discussing how much they've learned kinda pulled me to believe the latter.
Thanks for that, I am still working on that and will re-write eventually. Probably a bit too mature, but passionate kids can plunge right in, too so it’s a delicate balance. Appreciate your thoughtful feedback!

Quote:
Then Tara said that she wanted to know Willow for a long long time. That stuck with me. Maybe she is starting to think towards the future and knows deep down she wants Willow to be a part of it, even if she can't figure out how just now. I think she will be fighting that feeling as she is afraid to reveal her home life, so good angst there. It was subtle, but very telling.
I quoted this whole paragraph, because the estrangement is there, all their love and tenderness can’t bridge this lack of truth between them.

Glad you liked Cordy in a hairnet and the Faith-ian rule breaking – yeah, steering as a kid is just amazingly fun! So stay tuned for more celebration! Thanks for reading and your chat input, too. And thanks again for the hairnet - :bow :applause :bow

Azirahael:
Quote:
You can't have an adventure without breaking Rules with a capital "R".
So true! Glad you’re pumped about party time and you’re right about Faith, she’s stuck it all on the line with time, work, sweat and some brilliant (if unorthodox) strategies – she deserves the fun!

Quote:
And Cordelia having a fit over serving and wearing a hairnet was some nice hubris there.
Yes it was, so glad you liked it! Thanks for reading and PLEASE continue with your story ideas!

Maggie AKA leonhart17:
So very glad you liked Cordelia in her hairnet and saw the sweet side of Faith letting the kids drive! Thanks for reading! :bounce :eatme :pinky :party

fhiwda:

Quote:
I must say I have a special place in my heart for Devola. I feel like she doesn't have the best home life with how negative she can be. She doesn't mind hurting others as long as they aren't her friends.
Very perceptive. Your comment inspired me to offer a bit of further insight into her character, stay tuned. Basically, Devola is very intelligent but lacking in social intelligence. She’s also very witty for a child so she shoots from the lip and has poor impulse control. Kelly DID insult them, but Devola threw an insult back that could hurt others on Kelly’s team who were good sports and decent kids, but she doesn’t think. Good catch!

Quote:
I love how cute Mouse is...and how great everyone is with her...expecially Faith. It's awesome that Faith can be a decent role model for the kids when she wants to be.
Mouse is getting a LOT of love and acceptance and she is growing into a much more confident kid. More on her, too.

Thanks for reading and for taking the time to feedback! :applause :flower :applause

Zampsa19752001:
Quote:
Big lol for Bitch C the Lunch Lady
:lmao :laugh :rofl – you totally made me laugh!!! Thank you! :bow

Quote:
Yay for Faith letting Mouse and the other girls drive..
Thanks! And no need to wait for festivities – here they come! Thanks for reading! :bounce

Shelby AKA Finey_McFine:
Quote:
GREAT job with the W/T lovin! I agree with True_Love's comment that it seemed more mature. I think it's because they are growing and feeling more comfortable with each other. Falling in love and then acting on those feelings as a teen tends to mature you quickly. I'm just glad they found the time to sneak in a quickie!
Thank you! :party Your love scenes are pretty awesome, so appreciate the kind words! Yeah, definitely walking the tightrope on whether it’s a little too mature.

Quote:
I'm seriously hoping that the pic of Cordy in a hairnet serving food makes it into the school yearbook.
*YOINK* one way or another, it WILL be shared!!! :grin :wink Thanks! :bow

As for alone time, not like you want! But thanks for the Happy New Year wishes! :party :pinky :party – you, too! :bigwave

faolan228:
Quote:
Gotta say, I wsh more of the kids in my life were like the little girls in this fic. Love kids, but sometimes I just wanna smack them.
You sure you aren’t a parent? :lol Seriously, all of us have those moments! It is acting on them that’s wrong! Which also includes yelling abusive remarks as well as physical damage!

Devola actually has a good voice for her age as for you, don’t sell yourself short. I’m not great but my voice got a MUCH better just from singing a lot!

Quote:
As for their lovemaking, it's definitely got a feel of them being more comfortable with the other, while still not being comfortable with themselves.
Glad to hear it, appreciate the help – a thin line to walk here!

Jessica AKA beautiful_love:
Quote:
So Lexi already covered my thoughts on the beginning. Definitely increasing in their level of comfort. Which is just lovely to see. You're writing that really well.
Thanks! I’m all happy/bounce-y! :bounce

Quote:
Of course the kids were adorable yet again. I loved that Faith let Mouse drive.
Yeah, Faith is cool – really glad you liked that! As for Queen C, Shelby suggested getting that pic in the yearbook somehow and I’m working on it! Also want to thank Lexi for the hairnet idea – lovely!
Thanks for reading! Your comments make me happy! :eatme :banana :eatme Yay! :bigwave

Matty AKA Mgraham93:

Quote:
I completely agree with Lexi on Tara saying she wants to know Willow.
Cordelia getting volunteered by Finch-y was great and then having the hairnet photo
Yeah, Tara is letting herself believe in their love more and more, a major step towards full trust and full disclosure. Thank you, glad to see Mrs. Finch appreciated for a change! Instead of being cursed with those insensitive :moo comments! Wait! How did that happen? Oh my god! I must now wear the cow of contrition! :moo There, I feel better and yes, I’m really hoping you saw Richard’s f/b or you’ll think I’ve gone stark raving mad!

Really glad you liked the Faith/Tara friendship, some Faith/Towanda friendship in this post – interested in your take since you (like Lexi and Grimm) are confirmed Faith-ians! Yay, rule breaking!!! Thanks! :bounce :party :pinky

STORY TO FOLLOW (ALMOST) IMMEDIATELY!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:39 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Feedback is golden and is read, re-read and often used – thanks!!! :flower

Title: How I Met Your Mother*
Author: Ariel
Email: blaziak@yahoo.com
Feedback: All feedback welcomed, specific input appreciated, harsh on me via PM
Rating: PG-13 for W/T light love and skinny dipping, ratings can change on various posts
Disclaimer: I don't own these characters, but I love to take them for a ride!
Summary: A/U before season 1, the summer after Willow's freshman year with a large dose of Queen Cordelia at her bitchy best and teen-aged angst.
Special Thanks: To Lexi AKA True_Love for beta-ing the Faith/Towanda dialogue – thanks my friend!

*not related to the sit-com of the same name

Quote:
Suddenly a mob of jumping girls was screaming for a chance to drive. Willow and Tara caucused briefly with Faith and decided to allow it since they were in a level field, the speed was incredibly slow and the truck would simply stall without an adult managing the clutch, brake and gas. Nine of the happiest girls in the world got to ‘drive’ knowing that the first rules had been broken and adventure lay ahead.

Part 53: Celebration (continued)

The truck pulled up in a curving flourish with Devola at the wheel, yelping with excitement and honking the horn. “Come on, Faith! Take me out! Let’s open ‘er up!”

Faith grinned, “Later kid.” She stopped the truck and pocketed the keys. Meanwhile Devola and Veronica piled out, then Veronica turned to help Mouse down from the truck’s high running board while the other kids clambered off the back.

Then Faith stood absolutely still until every eye was watching her, then she grinned and beckoned, leading them silently to an oak tree on a bluff by the river. She pointed up into the tree’s branches and the girls’ eyes widened with delight, then Faith left.

“A tree house!” No one knew who said it first, but the reality was met by a stunned silence followed by screams of excitement. It was a nest, a huge cargo net swaying slightly and connected to several big branches with canvas tarps for a floor. A moment later Faith returned shouldering an extension ladder and Tara rushed to help her extend it and set it up. Then the whole group tried to swarm up the ladder at once and some safety rules were made. Then they scrambled up into a curving sort of nest roofed with arching branches and fluttering dark green leaves. They babbled and chattered and laughed, learning to walk on the cloth surface while the dappled light seemed to dance and glide around them. After a brief discussion, they named their leafy hideaway ‘The Look-out’.

Then Faith was down the ladder, calling up to assign tasks. “Okay! Towanda, Lisa jump back in and unload everything off the truck. Debbie, Connie, Veronica and Mouse – Sleeping bags, tarps, and stuff over there. Wood and fire stuff,” she pointed, “right there! Betts, get that potty and the blue bag put over there,” she indicated some overhanging branches. “Red, you’re on kid watch. T., you’re with me!”

The tasks were done quickly and the kids contemplated the small standing toilet in all its unconcealed glory.

Kate’s eyes were wide, “I can’t sit there like that in front of everybody!”

Devola brushed past her, “Sure you can!” She twirled around and sank gracefully onto the toilet seat. “I am a Queen on my throne!” Everyone giggled as Willow walked up. “Here, let’s use the twine and sheets to make a private bathroom and a dressing room, too.”

Kate sighed with relief and she was not alone.

Devola was bouncing on the balls of her feet and Tara smiled, Just like Willow! Then Devola shouted, “Hey, Faith! What’s next?”

Faith smiled, a hint of danger sparkling in her dark eyes. Then she led the way to the edge of a bluff overlooking the river, with nine curious girls following her as if she were the Pied Piper. Then she made a sweeping gesture that encompassed the river and the trees on the other side. “Wanna fly?”

They stared up at Faith. She seemed to crackle with energy and they nodded a little slowly, amazed by the possibility of flight.

Faith gave a quick nod, “Good! Then I’ll check it out.” She climbed back up the ladder to their tree house and was literally walking upright along an overhanging branch while the girls stared open-mouthed. Then she squatted to inspect the rope and fastenings and dropped a rope down to them. A moment later she stood easily, turned and walked confidently back along the branch.

“Wow,” Debbie said in an awed voice, “She’s like our cat.”

Faith was back on the ground. “Get me the smaller cargo net in the back of the truck with the board inside it.”

Towanda, Devola, and Lisa raced to the truck and ran returned with the requested items.

Faith connected the net with the board inside to the rope so that the net was suspended about three feet off the ground.

She wiped her forehead and grinned in triumph. “Who’s first!” Then she caught Tara’s look. “No worries, T. Carly’s Dad helped me set it up and tested it himself! The carabineers and rope can handle 5,000 pounds, net can take a lot more.”

Tara folded her arms. “I don’t c-care. No one is going on that swing until I say it’s safe!”

Faith rolled her eyes.

Tara stepped forward, “So I h-have to go first. I’m the heaviest.”

Faith nodded, confident of the rig’s safety. “Lay on this board,” she jerked her chin in the direction of the orange bucket, “Gimme those carabineers.”

Tara nodded and lay down as instructed.

“Wait!” Willow stepped forward, green eyes glittering with fear, “If she goes then I go, too!”

Faith smirked, “Sure you wanna risk death, Red?”

“Death?” Willow squeaked. Faith nodded solemnly and placed a hand over her heart; then Willow frowned, realizing that she was being teased, and strode over to the board and lay down next to Tara. “Go ahead!” she challenged, “I’m not all afraid-y gal!”

Faith laughed then tightened the net around them both, noticing that they each had an arm around the other’s waist.

“Okay, I’ll use the slack of the rope on this end to pull you back and let you go. Get ready for a wild ride!”

Both girls tightened their one-armed embrace and wriggled as close as they could, bound tight by the net fastened around them and the board beneath them. Then they saw the ground just beneath them moving back in stages as Faith tugged the swaying net backwards.

Tara’s face flushed with excitement. “Are you ready?”

Willow gulped and nodded, “Ready,” she said breathlessly.

Faith continued tugging them as far back as she could then let go.

They soared over the edge of the bluff, the river sparkling beneath them.

Willow’s initial scream of panic transformed to a shout of exhilaration as they flew up, seeing trees and sky first flying then floating for a brief magical instant before swinging back. It was swooping, glorious ecstatic flight.

When they were unfastened, their legs were weak as if unused to mortal locomotion and their faces flushed and glowing with excitement.

“Great!” Willow panted, “The best! Amazing!” Tara nodded agreement, her blue eyes shining.

Further experimentation showed that three littler girls worked best, so Devola, Connie, and Towanda were the first group with Lisa, Kate and Debbie next.

Screams, gasps, and babbling rants of amazement split the evening air and finally it was time for the last group.

Veronica knelt by Mouse, “Do you want to go?”

Mouse looked troubled, “My head wants to go by my tummy isn’t sure.”

Willow stepped up and gave her littlest friend a squeeze. “It’s okay, Mouse, you don’t have to do it.”

“I’m going!” “Mouse announced firmly,

Willow was surprised, “How come?”

Mouse looked up at Willow, “Because I’m a big girl!” Then she climbed in between Bettina and Veronica and they heard her initial screams change to piping laughter as the swing was finally hauled back.

Everyone got more turns until Faith said it was time for dinner and they scampered off to find the roasting sticks in the truck while Faith made the fire and Tara set up the condiments on the back of the truck, buffet style and Willow helped slide hot-dogs onto sticks.

Towanda sighed with satisfaction. “Hotdogs taste best when you make ‘em over a fire.”

There were nods and murmurs of agreement.

Debbie chipped in, “My mom puts hot-dogs in macaroni and cheese and she calls it ‘Fettuccine a la wienie’. Then she always laughs.”

A brief silence.

Towanda spoke truth, “Parents are weird.”

There were more nods and Connie shifted the topic to the day’s game.

“Hey, Veronica,” Connie waved to get her attention, “That was some double play! How didja do it?”

Veronica blushed but smiled back, “Sometimes you feel kind of bigger than you are, you know? It’s like I knew where the ball was going and I just had to be there.” She looked shyly at Connie, “I threw kind of wild, but you made a great catch!”

Connie laughed, “I sure did! Lucky I do gymnastics, too; I was practically doing the splits reaching out to grab that throw!”

The two girls grinned at each other and Veronica said softly, “But you caught it.”

Connie patted her hair smugly, “Yeah, I’m ‘mooning’ dynamite!”

Towanda cut in, “What about Betts tagging out Kelly Leblonski!”

Debbie shuddered, “Glad it wasn’t me! That Kelly creeps me out!”

Kate, Lisa, Debbie and Mouse agreed loudly, the others tried to pretend otherwise.

Bettina spoke, “It was funny,” she said thoughtfully. “I wasn’t scared. All I saw was her, nothing around her. I just kept thinking, ‘make the tag! Make the tag!’ I didn’t have time to be scared!”

Debbie laughed, “I sure did! I was scared every time I batted with the Tizz-Monster staring at me! What a ‘moon’ – she’d give a nightmare nightmares!”

Devola laughed loudly at Debbie’s joke and gave the smaller girl a good natured punch in the shoulder, “Yeah, but we sure psyched her out! You and Connie and me!”

Lisa jumped in, “What about Mouse?” She winked, “Nobody knew that Mouse was a slugger.”

Mouse walked in looking particularly small in a flannel nightgown and grinned in proud surprise at being part of the big girls’ talk.

Veronica patted a spot next to her and smiled when Mouse sat down, “She played mighty!”

Debbie giggled, “In her nighty.”

“Hey,” Devola’s hand started tapping and she chanted:

Mouse won the game! (clap)
She played mighty in her nighty!

Devola’s dark eyes flashed with excitement as the other girls took up the victory chant and clapped along:

Veronica turned two! (clap)

And suddenly they were up, feet stomping, hands clapping; a tribe doing its victory dance:

Towanda slammed it home! (clap)

The girls whirled and leapt as the flickering firelight lit them in crimson and gold. It was mad, joyful and primitive with girls jumping in to chant each other’s triumphs then whirling back into the darkness. Everyone had verses shouted about her and the pulse-pounding rhythm of clapping hands and stomping feet shook the ground beneath them. They were screaming and laughing and the chant continued until it came full circle:

Then they broke into triumphant yells of excitement before finally collapsing back down by the fire, panting for breath and intoxicated by victory fever and firelight.

Devola’s head popped up, “What’s next!”

Faith was ready, “S’mores and hot cocoa!” Then cheers resounded and everyone gathered around to grab their share of graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate squares to make their s’mores while Tara balanced a pot full of water for cocoa on a wire grill to heat over the fire.

By now, all the girls were old hands at roasting marshmallows and putting them into a sandwich of graham crackers and chocolate. Willow helped Veronica with Mouse’s s’more and Tara kept an eye on Devola who seemed more interested in making marshmallow torches than s’mores. Then there was the contented sound of munching and finally silence.

Faith threw another log on the fire and the light flared up.

Tara laughed, “You look like painted warriors, only with chocolate and marshmallow! It’s still warm out, let’s walk down and wash your faces in the stream.”

Devola yipped excitedly. “I bet it’s against the rules to go to the river at night! Come on!” She pranced down the path to the river and skipped across a row of stones, promptly falling in the shallow river and laughing. “I’m in the river! I’m in the river!” An instant later she flung off her clothes and shoes and was naked. “I broke another rule,” she chanted, “broke another rule!”

A moment later Lisa, Towanda and Bettina shucked off their clothes while Connie, Debbie, Veronica and Kate remained clothed. Mouse was undecided.

Lisa raised her arms, “I’m a moon maiden.” She began to twirl slowly, using her hand to fling drops of water, like liquid moonlight, into the night sky.

Devola simply laughed, enjoying the cool water on her warm skin while Bettina and Towanda wrestled and played like a pair of young bear cubs. Then Mouse tugged and struggled her way out of her clothes and stepped into the water, “oh,” the little girl said softly, “There’re stars in the water. It’s like the magic night.”

The other girls continued to look undecided and their counselors reassured them that it was fine to keep their clothes and stay in the water or go sit by the fire.

Faith spoke up, “I got this. You two sit by the fire. Water is only about two feet deep.”

The two lovers nodded, knowing that they were only seconds away if they were needed.

Tara’s voice was soft music in the firelight, “They’re so innocent; ’They know the Eden secret of being naked and unashamed’.”

Willow’s grin was tender, “That’s beautiful, baby.”

Tara nodded, “I read it in a book by L.M. Montgomery. It always stayed with me.”

Willow slid an arm around her waist, “In two days we’ll be dancing.”

“Will we?” Tara answered musingly, “Strange; stars and water and breezes fluttering make that other stuff seem so far away.”

Willow spoke, “Don’t be too far away, baby. I want to dance with you.”

“Me, too,” Tara ducked her head and Willow fell in love with the arch of her neck all over again as Tara spoke, “I’ve daydreamed about dancing with you, Willow, kind of swaying in your arms.”

Willow’s answer was a flutter of breath that seemed to fill Tara’s body with warmth, “I’m kissing you right now, baby.”

The two lovers locked eyes and Tara’s breath caught as her face flushed and her eyes dilated. Her full lips parted, “I feel you.”

A moment later, they heard the voices of their girls and knew it was time to help them dry off and change to pajamas.

The girls lolled and talked, with the firelight in their eyes and s’mores laying happily in their tummies.

Lisa turned curious, “Towanda, do your two moms kiss and stuff?”

Towanda nodded in exasperation, “All the time!”

“Ewwwww!” Devola exclaimed, “Kissing is disgusting!”

“You’re disgusting,” Connie shot back, “All that talk at the game about ‘spreadable spit’ I thought I was going to barf!”

“That’s all kissing is!” Devola insisted, “Just spreading spit all over each other’s mouths!”

Tara and Willow exchanged amused glances and resolutely clamped their jaws shut. Faith on the other hand, laughed so hard that she slid to the ground, but she clamped a hand over her mouth so that she could hear the rest of the conversation.

“Devola,” Connie whined, “Kissing is romantic and you make it sound disgusting!”

“It IS disgusting!”

“You’re disgusting! I bet your Mom thinks so, too.”

There was an odd silence and Devola answered quietly. “Yeah. She does.”

Mouse’s mouth opened in pained surprise, “Your mommy doesn’t like you?”

Devola’s chin lifted, “My mom always says, ‘no child of mine would’ and then she goes on to say the exact same thing I just did. I guess she wanted somebody else but she got me instead.” She looked hopefully up at Tara, “Do you think maybe the stork dropped me off at the wrong house?”

Towanda giggled, “’The STORK’! Don’t you know where babies come from?”

“No!” Mouse stood up and ran over to Towanda and grabbed her shoulders, “Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! I wanna know!”

Devola jerked upright, her sadness forgotten, “Me, too! I wanna know!”

Tara stepped in, “Um, it’s up to your parents to tell you when it’s the right time.”

Devola stared back at Tara, “But I won’t see my Mom. I’m signed up for the next session of camp, too!”

Veronica sat up, “You are? Me, too!”

Mouse looked sadly at Veronica, “Doesn’t your mommy like you?”

Veronica looked down, tugging at the skin around one of her cuticles. “She died. I had two step-moms but they’re not around and I’m glad.”

Tara slid an arm around her shoulders and squeezed Veronica close, “I’m sorry, sweetie. My mom is so special to me. She’s always been there.” Tara swallowed, “When I didn’t feel like I had anything, I always had her. I don’t know what I’d do if—“ She buried her face in Veronica’s cinnamon colored hair until the little girl squirmed and Tara opened her arms.

Veronica patted Tara awkwardly on the shoulder. “It’s okay. I don’t remember her much, but there are a couple of pictures of her holding me.” Veronica blinked quickly, “And I like them, like to look at them sometimes,” she said softly then leaned against Tara’s side, now welcoming the comfort of an arm around her.

Tara smiled, “My mom is my best friend.”

Bettina spoke up, resentful of the attention being given to Veronica, “I thought Willow was your best friend!”

Tara turned and met Willow’s eyes. There was another of those moments, a humming energy; something glowing and golden, warming the air between them.

Tara jolted back to herself as Bettina continued tugging on her sleeve.

“Tara, I said ‘I thought Willow was your best friend’.”

“Willow,” Tara said softly, “is my special friend.”

“Let’s dog pile,” Debbie suggested.

“What’s that?” several girls asked at once.

“You kinda lay in a big pile with everyone using everyone for a pillow and look at the stars.”

“Tickle fight?” Devola asked hopefully.

Debbie hesitated, “Maybe.”

The group lay a bit away from the firelight where they could see the stars and cuddled into a big pile.

Towanda was disappointed. “Come on, Faith! Lay down with us!”

Faith shrugged, “Not my thing, kid.”

Mouse gave Towanda a reassuring pat, “It’s okay. We’re down here and Faith is up there watching us like our Guard Angel. My Mom eh-splained it to me,” she said importantly.

“Guardian angel,” Lisa corrected gently.

“That’s what I said!”

“Okay,” Lisa agreed, and Mouse smiled again.

They took turns singing and listening to each other’s tummies make music under their heads, told jokes until everyone’s ‘pillow’ bounced with laughter, then tried to count the stars.

Mouse’s voice piped up, “Can I make a wish on a star?”

Tara spoke, “Sure you can, Sweetie.”

Mouse hesitated, wanting to make her wish good enough to work, “Then I want my mommy to not be lost any more.”

Towanda spoke, “You’re mom is lost?”

“Uh huh. My daddy went away and she said she had to find herself so I guess she got lost.”

There was a pause and they instinctively cuddled closer as a wave of homesickness washed over them all.

Then Tara sang a lullaby, “Distant Melody” and the sadness of the lovely little song comforted them somehow and they were ready to get up smiling and go brush teeth, go potty, and climb the ladder up to bed.

Lisa grumbled, yanking in vain at the zipper, “It doesn’t zip up! This camp sleeping bag is busted!”

Tara found the same problem with hers as did Willow and Bettina.

“Hey,” Lisa said, “Let’s put them all together and have covers like the giant bed in Peter Pan that the Lost Boys slept in!”

Everyone agreed and even those with working zippers unzipped them.

Tara and Willow were side by side, knowing that kisses and touches were out of the question, but glad to be close when Mouse came crawling towards them. With the unerring instinct of small children, Mouse found the center of greatest loving energy and put herself right in the middle of it, squeezing happily between Willow and Tara who grinned and cuddled the little girl.

Bettina saw her chance, “Dibs on Tara!” Then she cuddled next to Tara, sighing with happiness and soon their nest was almost ready.

Towanda called down to Faith, “Are you gonna sleep in the look-out with us?”

"Naw, kid. Gotta keep an eye on things. I’m staying down here.”

Debbie giggled and turned to Mouse, “Well we’re up high in heaven and our ‘Guardian Angel’ is stuck down by the fire.”

Mouse blinked back at Debbie. “Guardian Angels can go wherever they want,” she said firmly.

Towanda’s imagination took off. “Yeah, standing guard near the campfire.” She wriggled out of her sleeping bag and threw it unceremoniously over the side of the nest. “I’m gonna help her!”

She got a nod from Willow with agreement from Tara, and headed down the ladder, eager to stand her first watch.

Faith had banked the fire and a warm glow bathed their faces. She sat and Towanda edged as close as she dared.

“Faith, do we have a lot of camp left?”

“’Bout a week.”

Towanda sighed, “I miss my moms, but I like camp!”

Faith remained silent.

“Do you miss your mom, Faith?”

Faith shrugged.

“Even a little bit?”

Faith turned to face the little girl. “Kid. My mom/your mom, your life/my life. No comparison.”

Towanda was clearly confused, “What do you mean?”

Faith shut her eyes for a moment then opened them again. “On my own since I was twelve.”

“But you need a mom! Moms love you and take care—“

Faith cut her off, “I live in the ‘Now,’ kid.” Then she softened her tone and patted Towanda’s shoulder, “And right now I’m happy. End of story.”

Towanda looked up and saw Faith smiling in the shifting firelight and the little girl smiled in return.

Willow felt herself drifting then heard an annoying buzz in her ear. Mosquito! She tried to relax again, but it flew back by her ear and she sat up with a jerk, swatting and missing. Oh ‘moon’! ‘Moon’? Hey, I can swear in own mind if I want to! Damn mosquito! They always find me! She sat, hand raised to attack position as the minutes ticked by. My hand. She shook it experimentally. It weighs about a thousand pounds. Okay, not literally but— She began moving her arm, loosening the tight muscles. My bicep was burning, too. So, weight lift-y Willow is a no-go. I’ll have to find another way to impress girls— Girls? As in lesbian gay-type girls? No. Just one girl. Tara. Willow felt her own smile curve up in the darkness. And she loves me already.

Willow turned her head and saw Tara sleeping, the moonlight changing her light golden tan into a marble-like smoothness. But she’s alive. All warm-y goodness. Her eager gaze dropped lower, Tara boobs. Going up. Going down. Going up. Going— Willow had begun leaning closer and closer to the magic motion and started to topple across Mouse, barely catching herself before falling.

Then she checked the luminous dials of her watch. 12:06? It’s Friday. FRIDAY! Less than nine days and we’re leaving! NINE DAYS! Probably no more than 8 days and 16 hours, probably less! Tara! I can’t walk away. I mean, how can we be apart? She felt tears starting, How can I sleep without my Tare-bear? Without my cheek against that soft spot on your shoulder or on your breast? How can I be all beautiful-y lover-girl without seeing myself in your eyes? Wait! We never named our furry places!

Her eyes were drawn back to her lover’s face, the arch of pale brow and—Mosquito! On Tara’s face! Oh no, you blood-sucking vampire of the insect world! She raised her hand, Prepare to die! Then she raised it the final distance and Tara’s eyes opened to panicked wakefulness. “Don’t h-hurt me!”

“Tara! Tara, it’s me, Willow.”

Tara’s breath rasped in fright, then Willow saw understanding fill her lover’s eyes and replace the terror with a different kind of fear.

Willow caught Tara’s hand in hers, kissed it lovingly and brushed a tendril of hair back behind Tara’s ear. And Tara smiled, sleepy again, looking at Willow’s face until her eyes closed; but Willow couldn’t sleep. A twisting pain, some evil unknown, kept her staring at Tara’s face.

We never told all our secrets. I mean I did, but you didn’t. Let me in, Tara! Please, before it’s over, let me in! Willow’s fists clenched and the lovely dappled moonlight swam in a blur of tears.

Last edited by Ariel on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fanfic - How I Met Your Mother (Update-y goodness 29 DEC
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:13 am 
4. Extra Flamey

dibs
The group celebrations of the team were fantastic and the tree house sounded like a lot of fun.

Quote:
Tara and Willow were side by side, knowing that kisses and touches were out of the question, but glad to be close when Mouse came crawling towards them. With the unerring instinct of small children, Mouse found the center of greatest loving energy and put herself right in the middle of it, squeezing happily between Willow and Tara who grinned and cuddled the little girl.
I loved the description here it was just so adorable.

Quote:
Then she checked the luminous dials of her watch. 12:06? It’s Friday. FRIDAY! Less than nine days and we’re leaving! NINE DAYS! Probably no more than 8 days and 16 hours, probably less! Tara! I can’t walk away. I mean, how can we be apart? She felt tears starting, How can I sleep without my Tare-bear? Without my cheek against that soft spot on your shoulder or on your breast? How can I be all beautiful-y lover-girl without seeing myself in your eyes? Wait! We never named our furry places!
Poor Willow, they've been on a countdown right from the start, but no matter how lost they get they will always find each other.

Loved the description of Faith as the groups guardian angel, I hope that as she already has Willow and Tara as friends she'll be accepted easier into the Scooby gang.

Quote:
Bettina saw her chance, “Dibs on Tara!”
It sort of sounds like Bettina may have a little crush on Tara. First really noticed it during the flower giving but now I think it's definitely possible and could create some awkwardness.

Willow's attempts to stop the mosquito were very funny, at least until this point
Quote:
Then she raised it the final distance and Tara’s eyes opened to panicked wakefulness. “Don’t h-hurt me!”
I've liked how Tara's secret has been slowly revealed to Willow and now she's even closer to finding out.

Quote:
We never told all our secrets. I mean I did, but you didn’t. Let me in, Tara! Please, before it’s over, let me in! Willow’s fists clenched and the lovely dappled moonlight swam in a blur of tears.
Definitely looks like there's more angst on the way

Who are You

Last edited by Mgraham93 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:09 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Roasting marshmallows is fun! I just did that on Monday night! And tree houses are fun too! It was sweet to see the girls talking about their parents a little bit and see everyone's different view of their moms...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:00 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I absolutely loved their campout... Yikes for Tara's demons raising their ugly heads once more. I truly hope Tara allows Willow to help her slay those demons...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:26 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 3
Woo Hoo! Another update. Okay, this is probably the longest feedback I've ever left. I aspire to give you the same courtesy you've always given me. So here we go!

Quote:
“A tree house!” No one knew who said it first, but the reality was met by a stunned silence followed by screams of excitement...Then they scrambled up into a curving sort of nest roofed with arching branches and fluttering dark green leaves. They babbled and chattered and laughed, learning to walk on the cloth surface while the dappled light seemed to dance and glide around them. After a brief discussion, they named their leafy hideaway ‘The Look-out’

Who amongst us doesn't love a tree house? Great idea! I am actually kinda surprised it was Faith that thought of this, though. I always imagined her as a city dweller. Maybe she always dreamed of being in the great outdoors and building a nest just like this. Your descriptive skills are increasingly getting better, keep it up. I love how she is controlling the situation by instructing the girls on what to do to assist in preparations. This is probably building her confidence since in the rest of her life she is pretty much at the hands of what the world deals to her. This is one time she can feel that she owns the circumstances around her and is rewarded by the delight of many happy faces.
Quote:
The tasks were done quickly and the kids contemplated the small standing toilet in all its unconcealed glory.

Kate’s eyes were wide, “I can’t sit there like that in front of everybody!”

Ugh. Bathroom issues in the forest. One dirty little secret that nobody ever likes to talk about. At least you gave them a toilet and not a little shovel and roll of toilet paper. Lol.
Quote:
Faith smiled, a hint of danger sparkling in her dark eyes. Then she walked with a sinuous grace to the edge of a bluff overlooking the river, with nine curious girls right behind her. Then she made a sweeping gesture that encompassed the river and the trees on the other side. “Wanna fly?”
...“Who’s first!” Then she caught Tara’s look. “No worries, T. Carly’s Dad helped me set it up and tested it himself! The carabineers and rope can handle 5,000 pounds, net can take a lot more.”

First of all, this sounds terrifying and awesome at the same time. Also, I noted that this is the third time you mention what appears to be a dangerous activity and then casually sneak in the reasons why it's actually safe. Very clever.
Quote:
Towanda sighed with satisfaction. “Hotdogs taste best when you make ‘em over a fire.”

Absolutely true! The rest of the campfire scene was adorable too. I love the little cheers they made up for each other and the excitement they got each time they thought they would be breaking another rule. But this part below is by far my favorite of the whole update:
Quote:
Tara ducked her head and Willow fell in love with the arch of her neck all over again as Tara spoke, “I’ve daydreamed about dancing with you, Willow, kind of swaying in your arms.”

Willow’s answer was a flutter of breath that seemed to fill Tara’s body with warmth, “I’m kissing you right now, baby.”

The two lovers locked eyes and Tara’s breath caught as her face flushed and her eyes dilated. Her full lips parted, “I feel you.”

In my mind, not all the smut in the world can be as sexy and wanting as this moment between the two of them. PERFECT!
Quote:
Devola’s chin lifted, “My mom always says, ‘no child of mine would’ and then she goes on to say the exact same thing I just did. I guess she wanted somebody else but she got me instead.” She looked hopefully up at Tara, “Do you think maybe the stork dropped me off at the wrong house?”...AND...Veronica looked down, tugging at the skin around one of her cuticles. “She died. I had two step-moms but they’re not around and I’m glad.”

So, this explains a lot about Dev's behavior towards other people and V's original need to sitck by Cordy's side. Also, the Faith and Towanda conversation, as brief as it was, led to so important insight about our favorite bad girl. Hopefully, her and Tara will talk and realize they truly have allies in one another.
Quote:
Her eyes were drawn back to her lover’s face, the arch of pale brow and—Mosquito! On Tara’s face! Oh no, you blood-sucking vampire of the insect world! She raised her hand, Prepare to die! Then she raised it the final distance and Tara’s eyes opened to panicked wakefulness. “Don’t h-hurt me!”

Ahh, so the mystery of Tara's secret begins to reveal itself to Willow. Can't wait to see how this plays out!

Great update! You brought so many important character issues to light and did it subtly. I'm excited to know where it's going from here.

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:47 pm 
9. Gay Now

What a neat Christmas present! Thankyou!

Faith stands alone in the dark, guarding the innocent from the night.

She's got the calling, even if she doesn't yet have the power.
with friends and loved ones to protect, THIS Faith is going to be a legend one day.

I can't wait till she meets Buffy. :bounce
Spark are gonna fly!
Angry sparks, happy sparks maybe.
But sparks.

Now don't get me wrong, i LOVE your Willow and Tara, they are deep, layered, unique and well written.
But we almost get to see Faith grow in front of our eyes.
And she is so much more than she is in other stories.
The world has shown her no reason to love or trust, and she does it anyway.
There's so much pain and horror in her past and she fights on regardless.
I tell you this girl has the heart of a lion.
She's a true hero.

Other stuff:
Quote:
By now, all the girls were old hands at roasting marshmallows and putting them into a sandwich of graham crackers and chocolate but .

that a typo? Or is chocolate "but" a local thing that us foreigners don't know about?

Quote:
“No!” Mouse stood up and ran over to Towanda and grabbed her shoulders, “Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! I wanna know!”

I just about wet myself! you could taste the potential for awkwardness here.

Quote:
Tara slid an arm around her shoulders and squeezed Veronica close, “I’m sorry, sweetie. My mom is so special to me. She’s always been there.” Tara swallowed, “When I didn’t feel like I had anything, I always had her. I don’t know what I’d do if—

Uh-oh. Sensing unhappiness looming here.

Quote:
Bettina saw her chance, “Dibs on Tara!” Then she cuddled next to Tara, sighing with happiness and soon their nest was almost ready.

Squee! Dibs on Tara!

Quote:
Tara’s breath rasped in fright, then Willow saw understanding fill her lover’s eyes and replace the terror with a different kind of fear.

God i want this out! Let the poison out!

Another amazing job!

Keep up the good work sweetie! :kiss1
I'm definitely looking forward to the next bit.

P.S: i know it's a bit late but here is an awesome Christmas tune for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NEsfO3x1uo
Enjoy!

My Story: Coming Home

Last edited by Azirahael on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:40 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

*Runs in and grovels at your feet* IM SORRY!! I missed the last update and you posted before I could leave feedback! *cries*

*takes a deep breath* Okay here we go!

(btw, LOVED the last update...'specially the hairnet)

Quote:
“A tree house!”

I always wanted a treehouse! Living in Phoenix makes it hard, though. So we made due and built forts in the backyard!

Quote:

Faith...cat-like...hmmm..yup! :D

Quote:
Faith nodded, confident of the rig’s safety. “Lay on this board,” she jerked her chin in the direction of the orange bucket, “Gimme those carabineers.”

I dont get it...so they're swinging on a board...with something that sounds like a type of pirate? I'm too lazy for Google right now :P Sounds fun, though!

I agree that roasted wienies are the best...and the weirdness of the parentals!

Quote:
The girls whirled and leapt as the flickering firelight lit them in crimson and gold. It was mad, joyful and primitive with girls jumping in to chant each other’s triumphs then whirling back into the darkness. Everyone had verses shouted about her and the pulse-pounding rhythm of clapping hands and stomping feet shook the ground beneath them. They were screaming and laughing and the chant continued until it came full circle:

This was just..awesome...and tribal...and just..well I already said awesome didn't I? Hehe! I'm glad that the girls are giving Mouse credit!

Quote:
Her full lips parted, “I feel you.”

*sigh*

The talks about Mommies were kinda heart-wrenching...so I'm not going to comment on it, but kudos! *wipes eyes*

Quote:
Oh ‘moon’! ‘Moon’? Hey, I can swear in own mind if I want to! Damn mosquito!

LMAO, great stuff!

Quote:

Oh boy...Camp is coming to an end and I don't wanna see it go... :( I hope things between our girls work out!

Great job! Keep it up!
Kitten love!!

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:40 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Quote:
You sure you aren’t a parent?

Haha, definitely no. I've got a little sister and 16 younger cousins. It's like being a parent, cept I can give them back.

Quote:
“A tree house!” No one knew who said it first, but the reality was met by a stunned silence followed by screams of excitement. It was a nest, a huge cargo net swaying slightly and connected to several big branches with canvas tarps for a floor. A moment later Faith returned shouldering an extension ladder and Tara rushed to help her extend it and set it up. Then the whole group tried to swarm up the ladder at once and some safety rules were made. Then they scrambled up into a curving sort of nest roofed with arching branches and fluttering dark green leaves. They babbled and chattered and laughed, learning to walk on the cloth surface while the dappled light seemed to dance and glide around them. After a brief discussion, they named their leafy hideaway ‘The Look-out’.

ASDFFGRASDFGHUK!! This. This is why this is one of my favorite fanfics of all time. You mange to connect with your reader's inner child while still keeping their grown-up selves grounded and entertained.

Quote:
Then Faith was down the ladder, calling up to assign tasks. “Okay! Towanda, Lisa jump back in and unload everything off the truck. Debbie, Connie, Veronica and Mouse – Sleeping bags, tarps, and stuff over there. Wood and fire stuff,” she pointed, “right there! Betts, get that potty and the blue bag put over there,” she indicated some overhanging branches. “Red, you’re on kid watch. T., you’re with me!”

I love how responsible Faith has become :D

Quote:
Faith gave a quick nod, “Good! Then I’ll check it out.” She climbed back up the ladder to their tree house and was literally walking upright along an overhanging branch while the girls stared open-mouthed. Then she squatted to inspect the rope and fastenings and dropped a rope down to them. A moment later she stood easily, turned and walked confidently back along the branch.

If she's already this good, imagine if she became a Slayer? lolol OMG, Buffy'd be all 'Ugh, this bitch.' and W/T'd be all like, 'O hayy camp friend! :)'

Quote:
She wiped her forehead and grinned in triumph. “Who’s first!” Then she caught Tara’s look. “No worries, T. Carly’s Dad helped me set it up and tested it himself! The carabineers and rope can handle 5,000 pounds, net can take a lot more.”

This sounds exactly like the stupid shit my friends and I do. Except safer.

Quote:
Devola yipped excitedly. “I bet it’s against the rules to go to the river at night! Come on!” She pranced down the path to the river and skipped across a row of stones, promptly falling in the shallow river and laughing. “I’m in the river! I’m in the river!” An instant later she flung off her clothes and shoes and was naked. “I broke another rule,” she chanted, “broke another rule!”

I have decided. Devola is my spirit animal.

Quote:

Romantic-Sexy! :D

Quote:
With the unerring instinct of small children, Mouse found the center of greatest loving energy and put herself right in the middle of it, squeezing happily between Willow and Tara who grinned and cuddled the little girl.

AAARGH, adoooopt meeee you two!

As far as Faith's parental issues and Tara's secret, argh my girls! *hugs*

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

Post subject: Re: Fanfic - How I Met Your Mother (Update: 29 DEC 11)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:24 am 
9. Gay Now

Must be an Extra-Good chapter, look at the length of the Feedback! :banana

As always,i'm looking forward to the next bit.

:flower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:39 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Sorry I'm so late with the updates Ariel but this is the last of the ones for chapters, 50, 51 and 52
Cordelia stood up suddenly and hurried closer. Bettina looked up at her and Cordelia silently mouthed, “Tara is a bitch.”

This makes me so angry, :rage there’s only one real bitch in this story and that’s Dogdelia. Picking on poor little Bettina and using her love for Tara as a weapon against the Reds, it's just evil.

Connie was incensed. “Devola, you dummy! You just blew a grand slam! Four runs lost and it’s all your fault! I oughta strangle you!” Connie reached for Devola’s neck and looked anxiously around her, “Is anybody going to stop me?”

This is a great little piece of comedy, especially the last line but it seems to me to be such an unfair rule that Devola can’t pass the others and they must get to ‘home’ first. Of course it also shows how little I actually know about softball.

I really like how you capture the change that Devola goes through from being a cocky but heroic wannabe superheroine to a broken and defeated little girl that she really is after accidentally losing their run. What's really surprising about this though is the sympathy she gets from Harmony offering her some tissues.

It's good to see the reds doing so well in the game but poor Mouse, first being scared by Tizzie's fast ball, who was plainly cheating so should have been out of the game immediately, and then the three strikes :(

Tara lifted her hands off Willow’s as Willow suddenly grinned. “What was I doing? Oh, I was all with the drinking of water! Yes. Thirst avoidance, good strategy with all the,” her eyes drifted down to a droplet of sweat sliding slowly down Tara’s moist cleavage, “hotness!” :drool

Willow’s forehead wrinkled in puzzlement, “Why did you do that?” “You know, the cup turn-y stuff when you drank.”

“Um, I was kissing you.” Tara raised her head slowly, “I look for w-ways to kiss you and whenever we share a cup I turn it so I can put my lips where y-your lips were and every time I drink, I-I’m kissing you.”

Willow sighed and stared at her feet, then noticed a ladybug crawling to the top of a grass stem before flying away. She whispered, “I kiss your pillow.” “I put my face in the part where I can smell your hair or where it’s still warm from your head and, and I kind of kiss it and I pretend it’s you.”

Awww even more Willow/Tara sweetness, can't get enough of it.

Tara tightened their embrace and they were breast to breast, heart to heart and Willow sighed, This is the best place in the whole wide world.

Now I've been hugged by Amber Benson at the HalloWhedon event in October last year and I can only agree with Willow that it is the best place in the world :)

Veronica pulled Faith aside. “I wanna play short-stop.”

It's good to see Veronica fighting her fear of Dogdelia and going out to be part of the team.

Devola folded her arms and said sternly, “I mean it! Are we going to kick their ‘mooning’ butts or not!”

Towanda grinned, “We kick!”

Connie forgot her bad temper and nodded, “We kick!”

YEAH YOU GO REDS

She threw the strike and Kelly’s bat was a shining arc, blasting the ball farther than any seven year old had done before.

As I read this I forget at times that the Reds and the Queens are teams of 7 year olds and think that they are eleven.

“Wait!” Willow spoke rapidly, “Look, I’m not exactly a softball-gal okay, although I did do research online at ASA, NSA, and USSSA sites—“

Cordelia glared at her, “Do you have a lisp or something!”

“Just a lot of s’s.” Willow turned back to Lawanna,

LOL This line from Willow just made me laugh, it's should have been in the show

A big YAY to Willow for helping prove that Bettina didn't drop the ball :applause :clap

And another bit YAY to Veronica for proving herself and helping the team.

There were a few anxious faces and Tara smiled, “Is there anything I can do to help you hit?”

Mouse’s small worried face looked up, “Can you sing to us?”

Awww, I just love the sweetness of this line from Mouse.
Devola grinned, “I got it!” She began licking her hands.

Devola has got to be my favourite character is this story. Every chapter she's in she appears to outdo herself in grossness and bizarre ideas.

I really felt for Mouse during her turn at the bat. Her fears and being mocked by the Queens and then her triumphant run helping the Reds to win the big game. Truly the stuff of legend. :applause :banana :eatme :bounce

I loved that moment of emotion that Faith felt at the whole team demanding she join them on their celebration for their big win.

This also means that Mouse and Veronica have won the bet that Mouse would never get to base but what's Dogdelia going to do in retribution and what will Harmony do? Will she help Willow and Tara's cabin as a sort of double agent?????

A beautiful piece of romance and love as Willow and Tara have their own personal celebration after winning the big game.

Tara nodded again, nuzzling Willow’s neck with her nose to cover her blush. “I w-want to know you, Willow. I w-want to know you for a long, long time.”

Willow’s voice was a whisper, “I want that, too.”

Possibly the most romantic lines between Willow and Tara ever. Even BtVS never had lines this romantic.

Dogdelia being drafted into helping serve food in the canteen and having to wear a hairnet, hilarious

The friendly banter between Tara and Faith is great to read and shows how close the two girls are.

And again a big YAY to Mouse driving and to Faith for giving her the opportunity to drive Mr. McReady's truck

A great couple of chapters here with a very exciting softball game, even if I didn't always know what was going on and the start of a fantastic celebration for the winners of the game, the awesome Reds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:24 am 
9. Gay Now

See? See? What did i say?

Huge feedback!

That's a lotta love right there!

:flower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:53 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Geez, now I wanna go camping and sleep in a tree house! Fun chapter...the kids are awesome as ever:) Little outings like this one are great for the bonding time. The kids will never forget this summer camp and it will be something they look back on fondly for the rest of their lives.

Something that stood out for me was Willow's sudden realization that they are getting ever closer to the end of camp. I am so curious as to how you are going to handle this situation...it's killing me! Nine days in W/T time can translate to nine months in Kitten time, so I know that I'll just have to be patient and wait to see what you have in store for us.

Favorite Willow: "But we haven't named our furry places yet!" :grin Perfect.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:57 pm 

I'm all caught up :applause . First, I'm very happy that the Reds won the game and that little Mouse was the hero. Devola is by far my favorite of all the Reds. So, I was feeling 'hit-y' right along with her. She's equal parts knucklehead, rebel and sweetheart :fallen !

Cordelia in a hair net? :lmao . Please make sure Devola puts that picture up on her Facebook page pronto!

Last, but not least, the last update made me laugh and cry. I loved that Faith let the kids drive. But, Devola stripping naked and skinny-dipping in the lake stole the show. It broke my heart to read the part about her Mom's words making her feel like she's somehow wrong. She's either a really tough kid or a future menace to society. Poor Veronica. The kid has had it hard. But, Faith has had it harder. I really enjoy the way you write the friendship between Tara and Faith. It's nice to read a story where she's not always the odd man out. It's time for Tara to spill the beans....

ps. Don't seperate them :no and Happy New Year my friend :balloons !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:08 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
WOOHOO they got a treehouse to play in that has to be a way better prize than a trophy. I wonder if a certain Mr MaCready built it for the girls.

Tara folded her arms. “I don’t c-care. No one is going on that swing until I say it’s safe!”

Faith rolled her eyes.

Tara stepped forward, “So I h-have to go first. I’m the heaviest.”

Why do I get the feeling that Tara just wanted to play on the swing first.

I'm definitely with Finey on this, wanting to go camping and sleep in a tree house and go on a swing.

A big YAY to Willow for being bold and ballsy enough to go on the ride with Tara. I certainly couldn't see Dogdelia doing that. Can't wait to see what happens when the girls tell the girls from Cordy's cabin all the things they did.

Loved the cuteness of Mouse with ' her head wanting to go but her tummy not being sure' then going because she's 'a big girl'.

Debbie chipped in, “My mom puts hot-dogs in macaroni and cheese and she calls it ‘Fettuccine a la wienie’. Then she always laughs.”

A brief silence.

Towanda spoke truth, “Parents are weird.”
:lmao :)) :rofl more hilarity from the girls.

The dialogue between Willow and Tara, whilst Faith is watching the girls play in the river, has to be some of the most romantic I've ever read.

It's sad reading about Devola's and Veronica's home lives with parents who don't seem to love them, though with Devola that may be exaggerated. But at least they'll have each other for the next session of camp. And hopefully WIllow and Tara will still be there as camp counselors.

I just had a thought, do any of the girls really have loving parents? We know Tara gets abused at home, Willow is practically ignored by her parents and even Cordelia is only at the camp as a counselor because Finchy wants her dads money for the camp presumably meaning Mr. Chase sent his daughter there meaning he is really only using her.

A sweet little moment when both Mouse and Bettina cuddle up to the girls when settling down for the night.

And another with Faith and Towanda, but if Faith is supposed to be the same age group as Willow and Tara does she have a proper home to go to or a parent to care for her?

I did like the thoughts going through Willow's mind as she realises they only have a week left to go before the end of camp.

Is Tara going to finally open up and reveal the reality about her life or is it something Dogdelia will do for revenge. It is the kind of mean thing she would do. And what about Harmony? Are she and Cordy still at war?

What I want to know is who the strange man was watching Tara when she went to Veronica's aide after the young girl was being bullied by Cordy and Tara ended up with a scratch on her face from Cordy. Personally I hope that it's some relative of Tara's mother, say Tara has an uncle she knew nothing about. He turns up to say that he's come to adopt her and he lives in a certain little town in California. And if you should write a sequel maybe Willow and Tara could take Buffy along so she could meet Faith. Maybe.

So few chapters to go yet still so much to be done, so much to be said.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:13 pm 
9. Gay Now

Quote:
Wait! We never named our furry places!

Oh god! Hilarious!

And logical too. After all, if you've gone crazy and named your boobies, it's only logical to finish the job and name your 'furry' place. :lmao

There's just so much cool STUFF in this story!

More! More! :bounce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:54 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Matty AKA Mgraham93:
:bow Hail, Dibs-Master :bow

Quote:
I loved the description here it was just so adorable.
Glad Mouse’s move into the middle of the loving energy worked; I’ve noticed that quality with little kids!

Quote:
Bettina saw her chance, “Dibs on Tara!”
It sort of sounds like Bettina may have a little crush on Tara. First really noticed it during the flower giving but now I think it's definitely possible and could create some awkwardness.
Wow! I can’t get ANYTHING past you, Matty! Seriously, you’re scarin’ me, man!

Glad you enjoyed the funny part of Willow’s battle with the mosquito. As for the rest, you’re right. Tough times to follow! Thanks for reading and the sharp-eyed feedback! :bounce

Maggie AKA leonhart17:
Quote:
Roasting marshmallows is fun! I just did that on Monday night!
Just too cool not to capture in its entirety – sounds GREAT!!! :eatme

Glad you liked the girls’ different views of their moms! Thanks for reading! :flower

zampsa19752001:
Okay, there’s a bit of a nod to you, Sami! See if you can spot it . . .

Glad you “loved the camp-out” – Yay! :bounce :party :eatme

Quote:
Yikes for Tara's demons raising their ugly heads once more. I truly hope Tara allows Willow to help her slay those demons..
Right now Willow is focusing on the ‘dance’ demon, but stay tuned . . .

Lexi AKA True_Love:
Hey, thanks for the long feedback! As for returning the courtesy, your story excites me, worries me, angers me and sometimes makes me laugh but it ALWAYS makes me think and feel! As a chat buddy, I have total respect for your passion and hard work! Also, thanks for the help and encouragement, too!

Quote:
Who amongst us doesn't love a tree house? Great idea! I am actually kinda surprised it was Faith that thought of this, though. I always imagined her as a city dweller. Maybe she always dreamed of being in the great outdoors and building a nest just like this. Your descriptive skills are increasingly getting better, keep it up. I love how she is controlling the situation by instructing the girls on what to do to assist in preparations. This is probably building her confidence since in the rest of her life she is pretty much at the hands of what the world deals to her. This is one time she can feel that she owns the circumstances around her and is rewarded by the delight of many happy faces.
Good catch on the tree-house! She did not build it! Not vital to the plot, but info will be provided in the next post or two (good catch, btw!). As to my descriptive skills improving, I’m learning from Jessica, Clare, Kate and you, too!

You caught me sneaking in the safety bit about some of their stunts. My dirty little secret is that I’m a safety professional in real life, so it’s hard for me to picture kids in danger and I worry about other parents worrying, too! :blush Glad you liked it!

Quote:
Tara ducked her head and Willow fell in love with the arch of her neck all over again as Tara spoke, “I’ve daydreamed about dancing with you, Willow, kind of swaying in your arms.”

In my mind, not all the smut in the world can be as sexy and wanting as this moment between the two of them. PERFECT!
That comment kinda thrilled me, so I saved it! Thank you. Writing their love is one of the best parts of writing this story!!! :love :flower :love

Quote:
Devola’s chin lifted, “My mom always says, ‘no child of mine would’ and then she goes on to say the exact same thing I just did. I guess she wanted somebody else but she got me instead.” She looked hopefully up at Tara, “Do you think maybe the stork dropped me off at the wrong house?”...AND...Veronica looked down, tugging at the skin around one of her cuticles. “She died. I had two step-moms but they’re not around and I’m glad.”

So, this explains a lot about Dev's behavior towards other people and V's original need to sitck by Cordy's side. Also, the Faith and Towanda conversation, as brief as it was, led to so important insight about our favorite bad girl. Hopefully, her and Tara will talk and realize they truly have allies in one another.
Thank you, I’m not sure about how a second ‘family’ talk will go with T and F – may come to you for advice!

Quote:
You brought so many important character issues to light and did it subtly. I'm excited to know where it's going from here.
Thank you, more to come! And yes, deeper issues to follow.

Richard AKA Azirahael:
Thanks for your amazingly generous encouragement! :flower
Good news is that I’m truly okay, no worries. I have removed the Cow of Contrition :moo from around my neck and am light as a feather! So don’t go POST-al on me! :wink

Quote:
Faith stands alone in the dark, guarding the innocent from the night.

She's got the calling, even if she doesn't yet have the power; with friends and loved ones to protect, THIS Faith is going to be a legend one day.
She is wonderful. But she is also so unused to affection that it’s a little scary for her. It’s easier to stand a bit aloof, but the loves is there and yes, she would fight for every one of them! So glad that you like her characterization, that means a lot!

Quote:
I can't wait till she meets Buffy. Spark are gonna fly! Angry sparks, happy sparks maybe. But sparks.
Sounds GREAT to me!

Me and my “chocolate but” – yep! Busted on a typo! :blush but seriously, feel free to correct me! I only get better with help so bring it on!

Quote:
I just about wet myself! you could taste the potential for awkwardness here.
But wait, there’s more! Mouse is in TOP form in this post – BRACE YOURSELF for embarrassment!

As for Bettina’s “dibs on Tara” – Willow may have something to say about that! Stay tuned . . .

Allie AKA Babbles4Twillow:
Okay, #1 I WANT YOUR STORY!!! :pray So I am telling you right now to get a flash drive, write your story and then use a library computer or something! I’m serious! And please stay in touch because you’re wonderful and I’ll miss you if you don’t!

Quote:

I dont get it...so they're swinging on a board...with something that sounds like a type of pirate? I'm too lazy for Google right now Sounds fun, though!

I agree that roasted wienies are the best...and the weirdness of the parentals!
Okay, so picture a net, like a cargo net. There’s a board at the bottom of the net. You lay on the board and the net is folded tight around you and a carabineer is a fastener that connects the net to itself with another connecting the net to a rope. Then the whole net is tugged back and released to swing over the small bluff for a wild ride! Hope that works! Thanks for pointing out the confusion – I’ll see if I can re-edit that! Seriously, helpful info!

Quote:

This was just..awesome...and tribal...and just..well I already said awesome didn't I? Hehe! I'm glad that the girls are giving Mouse credit![i]
Yeah, they respect the little girl’s courage and yeah, she DID come through!

Quote:

[i]Oh boy...Camp is coming to an end and I don't wanna see it go... :( I hope things between our girls work out!
Hey, this is the KB! But no, it is NOT an easy journey, but nothing truly worth having is!

Thanks for reading and being such a wonderful KB buddy – love you! :flower

Starr AKA faolan228:
Quote:
You sure you aren’t a parent?

Haha, definitely no. I've got a little sister and 16 younger cousins. It's like being a parent, cept I can give them back.
Newsflash, my friend! Parents are always trying to give their kids back! Trust me! :wink <=Joke, I love my own kid!

So glad you love the Tree-House and thanks for what you wrote below!
Quote:
ASDFFGRASDFGHUK!! This. This is why this is one of my favorite fanfics of all time. You mange to connect with your reader's inner child while still keeping their grown-up selves grounded and entertained.
I'm just singing for joy from that one - really want people to find their inner kid and have fun together!

Quote:

If she's already this good, imagine if she became a Slayer? lolol OMG, Buffy'd be all 'Ugh, this bitch.' and W/T'd be all like, 'O hayy camp friend!
Yes, I am totally tempted to keep going into S-1 and even have two guys crazy enough to volunteer as betas! Of course they could die of old age before I finish this fic! But I’m hoping they’ll still be around . . .

Quote:
I have decided. Devola is my spirit animal.
:laugh :lmao :rofl

Quote:
With the unerring instinct of small children, Mouse found the center of greatest loving energy and put herself right in the middle of it, squeezing happily between Willow and Tara who grinned and cuddled the little girl.

AAARGH, adoooopt meeee you two!
And me, too! They have so much love between them! Thanks for your incredible style and amazing humor – love your writing and your posts, too! :applause

Rick AKA willowtaralover:
First, thanks for the feedback! You often see things I missed and put me back on track with suggestions! :bow

Yes, Cordy was a Softball bitch and not in a good way! Glad you appreciated a more vulnerable Devola. She is a tough little girl, but still a little girl and you comment on that later.

Quote:
Willow’s forehead wrinkled in puzzlement, “Why did you do that?” “You know, the cup turn-y stuff when you drank.”

“Um, I was kissing you.” Tara raised her head slowly, “I look for w-ways to kiss you and whenever we share a cup I turn it so I can put my lips where y-your lips were and every time I drink, I-I’m kissing you.”

Willow sighed and stared at her feet, then noticed a ladybug crawling to the top of a grass stem before flying away. She whispered, “I kiss your pillow.” “I put my face in the part where I can smell your hair or where it’s still warm from your head and, and I kind of kiss it and I pretend it’s you.” Awww even more Willow/Tara sweetness, can't get enough of it.

Quote:
Tara tightened their embrace and they were breast to breast, heart to heart and Willow sighed, This is the best place in the whole wide world.

Now I've been hugged by Amber Benson at the HalloWhedon event in October last year and I can only agree with Willow that it is the best place in the world.
Include in its entirety as to provide education AND make others bitterly envious! *smirk*

Glad you enjoyed some of their slugging hits and you’re right, I have them hitting MUCH better than most 7 year olds! You don’t miss much!

Quote:
I really felt for Mouse during her turn at the bat. Her fears and being mocked by the Queens and then her triumphant run helping the Reds to win the big game. Truly the stuff of legend.
Thanks! It was a moment and she’s a gutsy little kid, very very loyal to her camp-family. Glad you liked Faith choking up being included in the celebration – she deserved it! Go, FAITH!!! :applause

Quote:
Tara nodded again, nuzzling Willow’s neck with her nose to cover her blush. “I w-want to know you, Willow. I w-want to know you for a long, long time.”

Willow’s voice was a whisper, “I want that, too.”

Possibly the most romantic lines between Willow and Tara ever. Even BtVS never had lines this romantic.
Thanks! W/T = :flower romance :flower Just call W + T the ecstasy equation! A math nod for my math-brained buddies!

Quote:
I'm definitely with Finey on this, wanting to go camping and sleep in a tree house and go on a swing.

A big YAY to Willow for being bold and ballsy enough to go on the ride with Tara.
Tara-love moves mountains and Willow has it pretty bad! (or pretty good, actually! :wink )

Quote:
I wonder if a certain Mr MaCready built it for the girls.
Right on, Sherlock Holmes! Carly’s dad actually built it for Carly, a few years back – how Faith got it will be revealed! GREAT CATCH! :applause

Quote:
It's sad reading about Devola's and Veronica's home lives with parents who don't seem to love them, though with Devola that may be exaggerated.

I just had a thought, do any of the girls really have loving parents?
Yes, Carly’s Dad, Jennilee’s parents, Hallie’s parents, Lawanna’s parents, and Mary’s parents. Of the girls: Lisa’s, parents, Kate’s parents, Bettina’s parents, Debbie’s parents, Connie’s parents and Towanda’s Moms. Also Tara’s Mom, while failing her in some vital ways, does love her and encourage her.

Quote:
Is Tara going to finally open up and reveal the reality about her life or is it something Dogdelia will do for revenge.
Yes.

“The watcher in the woods” will be revealed – promise!

Shelby AKA Finey_McFine:
Glad you liked the tree-house and camp-y goodness!

Quote:
Something that stood out for me was Willow's sudden realization that they are getting ever closer to the end of camp. I am so curious as to how you are going to handle this situation...it's killing me! Nine days in W/T time can translate to nine months in Kitten time,
It can, but it won’t. I am coming to an ending. I feel it. Not this post, not the next but we are looking at a very finite story. Thanks for patience and for being here from the 3rd post! :grin :love :grin

Quote:
Favorite Willow: "But we haven't named our furry places yet!" Perfect.
Thanks! And yes, that will occur when the time is right! Stay tuned . . .

Sonya AKA Grimm:
Welcome back from your wild ride (literally!) :flower

Quote:
First, I'm very happy that the Reds won the game and that little Mouse was the hero. Devola is by far my favorite of all the Reds. So, I was feeling 'hit-y' right along with her. She's equal parts knucklehead, rebel and sweetheart
Thanks! Don’t know if you know the musical, West Side Story but Devola sang “I feel hit-y” to the tune of Maria’s song “I feel pretty” – glad you enjoyed! :party :pinky :party

Quote:
Last, but not least, the last update made me laugh and cry. I loved that Faith let the kids drive. But, Devola stripping naked and skinny-dipping in the lake stole the show. It broke my heart to read the part about her Mom's words making her feel like she's somehow wrong. She's either a really tough kid or a future menace to society. Poor Veronica. The kid has had it hard. But, Faith has had it harder.
Yeah she does and I’m glad she gets a shot at having friends and being loved.

Quote:
I really enjoy the way you write the friendship between Tara and Faith. It's nice to read a story where she's not always the odd man out.
More of it coming, brace yourself – Tara goes all out! :blush

Quote:
It's time for Tara to spill the beans. . .
Bean spillage in the plans, but not just yet . . . Thanks for reading! :love

STORY TO FOLLOW (ALMOST) IMMEDIATELY!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:56 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Feedback is golden and is read, re-read and treasured! :flower

Title: How I Met Your Mother*
Author: Ariel
Email: blaziak@yahoo.com
Feedback: All feedback welcomed, specific input appreciated, harsh on me via PM
Rating: PG-13 for naughty words, sex education and lustful thoughts. Ratings will change depending on content.
Disclaimer: I don't own these characters, but I love to take them for a ride!
Summary: A/U before season 1, the summer after Willow's freshman year with a large dose of Queen Cordelia at her bitchy best and teen-aged angst.

*no connection to the sit-com of the same name

Thoughts are in italics.

Part 54: Dress, Undress and Educating Mouse

Willow awoke feeling groggy and felt a small finger poking eagerly into the flesh of her cheek. Then her eyes focused on Mouse breathing into her face as the little girl spoke in an awed whisper, “Look!” It was a reddish brown squirrel, not four feet from where they were laying. It gave a flip of its tail, moved a couple of feet away then it turned and froze perfectly still, sitting upright with its paws raised against its chest and its beady little eyes bright with caution. Willow smiled, noting the rapid breathing of the squirrel and the excited wonder of the girl. Then a sleeping Bettina flung out an arm as she turned over and the squirrel raced along a branch, flung itself through the air onto another branch and sped up the trunk of the new tree until it was lost from sight. Then Mouse smiled at Willow, happy to have a secret together and gave an excited wiggle before cuddling back down to go to sleep.

Willow watched the little girl drift off, but perversely, could not get back to sleep herself. Instead she saw the gray light changing to gold and heard the birdsong begin, followed by a flute-like call on a single note. It sounds so sad. What is it? She struggled to remember a talk on bird-calls that Mrs. Finch had given one morning before breakfast. Is it a ‘morning’ dove or a ‘mourning’ dove? Then she lay there for a long time, listening to the melodic calls and wondering if they were a harbinger of dawn or a cry of sorrow.

Willow awoke later to the very pleasant sight of Tara just sitting up and smiling down at her. “Good morning, Sweetie.” Tara glanced ruefully at the sleeping Bettina, “I had to wiggle my arm out from under her head.” She shook her arm experimentally and grinned, “I think it’s still numb.”

Willow pouted and lifted her head in the direction of Bettina and Mouse, “They stole my spot!”

Tara nodded, her full lips doing their best to imitate a Willow-pout, “Mine, too.” Then her lips quirked up and she allowed herself the pleasure of brushing a bit of Willow’s hair back behind her ear and stealing a touch along her lover’s cheek.

Willow sighed into the caress and offered the sign for ‘I love you’, which Tara returned with a tender light in her blue eyes. Then Willow felt warm fingers encircle her hand and their eyes met and Tara brought the slender fingers to her lips and kissed them.

Willow swallowed and raised her other hand in ‘the WAVE’ and Tara let herself giggle before returning the gesture and the little girls woke up to the sounds of laughter between their counselors and the sight of another beautiful day.

For a few moments the girls simply paused to feel the mottled leaf shadow and sunlight dance across their faces then it was sleepy groans and excited chatter and an urgent need to go to the ‘bathroom’ made of clothes-pinned sheets hanging from branches.

Willow led the way to make sure everyone was awake enough to get down the ladder safely while Tara grabbed the chance to get her clothes on without observation or commentary from their curious girls.

After the girls had moved off, Willow looked up to see Tara leaning over the side of the Look-out to blow her a surreptitious kiss. But Willow’s eyes had strayed and she missed the kiss. “Willow!” Tara called and Willow’s chin jerked up as a guilty flush stole over her face. Then Tara leaned over further, giving her a lovely view of golden tanned cleavage to let her know that she was forgiven.

A moment later Willow had positioned herself to enjoy Tara’s descent down the ladder and Tara had smiled shyly, pleased by her lover’s admiration. Then they held hands and walked to the fire, both moved by the sight of Towanda and Faith snuggled back to back near the embers of the fire.

Tara silently signaled to Willow to fill the pot with water while she began raking up the fire as quietly as she could. Then she turned and saw Faith’s dark eyes watching her.

“Mornin’ T.”

Tara smiled, “Mornin’, F.”

“Hey,” Faith laughed softly, “You sound like a teacher.”

“I was trying to sound cool.”

Faith chuckled, “Forget it, T. Don’t have the moves.”

Tara put her hands on her hips and mock-glared, “And you do?”

Faith rolled sideways out of her sleeping bag and was on her feet in one smooth motion. “Yeah. I do.”

Tara nodded and tried to suppress a grin, “Well ‘cool move’ yourself to the truck and bring back some firewood!”

“Naw,” Faith shook her head, “You don’t get it, T. That’s what kids are for.” She turned to the kids walking back from the bathroom. “’Kay. You, you, and you. Grab a log off the truck and bring it. You, D, bring some kindling.” The kids scampered to their tasks, knowing that there was breakfast at the end of them, while Faith grinned smugly at Tara. “Told ya.”

Tara looked around to make sure the kids were out of earshot and leaned forward with a blush at her own daring and a glint of mischief in her eyes to say, “You know, Faith, you really are a pain in the ass.”

Faith’s eyes opened wide in shock and Tara grinned, “Gotcha!” Then she turned and sashayed off for a turn at the bathroom, leaving Faith to ponder the unpredictability of human nature.

A chorus of skinny dipping little girls yelled, “Hey, Tara! Hey, Willow! Come swimming with us!”

Tara smiled and waved, “We have to get breakfast ready!” Then they left to build up the fire and heat water, leaving Faith on lifeguard duty.

Devola sighed, “I wish they had come in! We could’ve played swamp monster or something!”

Towanda spoke authoritatively, “They can’t. They have hair.”

Devola rolled her eyes, “That’s dumb. Everybody has hair!”

Towanda straightened her arm and pointed dramatically downwards. “Down there. They have hair down there.”

“Ooooh.” Mouse was amazed. “Do they braid it and wear clips and stuff?”

Towanda bent double with laughter and Devola took the opportunity to knock her over into the river, glad to make a giant splash and get the better of their team captain. Then Towanda came up sputtering and the fight was on, with almost everyone taking sides and joining in a group splash-fest.

It was a little too splashy for Mouse and she was glad to hide behind Veronica and ponder the new information, “Veronica?”

“Uh huh,” Veronica answered distractedly, her eyes on the shifting water battle.

“Do they wear clips in their hair?”

“Yeah, I guess,” Veronica said vaguely then turned to hurry them both onto the shore and out of the line of fire.

“Breakfast!” Tara called from the top of the bank, “Come and get it!”

“Race ya!” Devola took off running, followed by the others, but got sent back to change when she showed up naked to the campfire.

“That screaming and all the naked-y stuff,” Willow said pensively, Lord of the Flies-ish?”

Tara offered a lop-sided grin and shook her head, “More Huckleberry Finn-ish, I think.”

Willow sighed with relief, “’Finn-ish’. That’s much better.”

Tara smiled at the girls, then cracked open a tube of moist biscuits and pulled one out. Then she leaned forward, speaking in an impressive whisper. “This is my family's secret biscuit recipe.”

The girls leaned in. The word ‘secret’ held a special magic for them.

“So you take the biscuit and pinch it onto the top of your stick. Then you wind it around and around and around.”

“Like a snake!” Lisa said happily.

Towanda grimaced, “Like a biscuit! I’m not eating any snakes!”

Tara wisely avoided the controversy. “Then you roast it over the coals, not the flame but the coals. Turn it so it cooks into a nice golden brown all over. Call us and we’ll help you take it off the stick. Then you roll it in melted butter in that pan and then roll it in the mix of sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in the other pan.”

She looked at the crowd of eager girls, “Who wants to try first?”

Kate’s eager squeal was rewarded, then Willow and Faith grabbed a few sticks and a can of biscuits to help the other girls and soon a host of biscuit makers were roasting their breakfast. There were a few mishaps; Debbie’s first biscuit slid off the stick and met a fiery death; then Mouse dropped her butter-dipped one into the dirt and was consoled with Faith’s first biscuit and she began climbing into Faith’s lap to eat it.

“Hey, kid! Get off! Not a ‘moonin’ jungle gym!” But Mouse was gloriously indifferent to Faith’s complaints and shoved a piece of biscuit into her friend’s mouth. Faith chewed, “Not bad. Thanks, kid.”

Mouse smiled, “I’m sharing,” she announced proudly and fed Faith another piece then took a bit for herself. For her part, Faith shifted uncomfortably, complained that her legs were going numb and gave Mouse a quick hug when she thought that no one was looking.

Biscuits were pronounced a success and everyone was allowed to eat two, followed by a couple of small sausages also roasted on the fire. Dessert was apple and banana slices and Devola dipped hers in the sugar and cinnamon mix which started a trend that Tara eyed with silent disapproval until Willow fed her a piece and she decided that she enjoyed the new taste. Then Tara and Willow passed around cups of orange juice then finished with hot chocolate for everyone. There was a collective sigh of pleasure, followed by the mix of chatter, story-telling and bickering that passed for conversation among the group.

Meanwhile Mouse had been waiting her chance, determined to find out the truth and make sure that the big girls weren’t telling lies to tease her. She turned in Willow and Tara’s direction and pointed unmistakably. “Do you have hair down there?”

Both of them turned red and Mouse was immediately fascinated. Color changes in adults always meant something big.

Willow recovered her voice first and chose not to use it, staring at Tara and nodding as if giving Tara permission to speak.

Tara offered a ‘tare-glare’ to her lover then turned to their littlest camper and managed an awkward smile. “Um, yeah. Girls do when they get older. It’s part of becoming a w-woman.”

“Oh.” Mouse was clearly intrigued, “What color is it?” She stared at her counselors’ faces and saw the color change from red to purple and knew that this ‘hair down there’ thing was really-really big. She smiled with anticipation oblivious to the other girls who were simultaneously curious and horror-struck.

In the sudden silence Faith’s hilarity was impossible to miss and pretty soon everyone but Mouse was laughing, glad to have the tension broken.

Willow and Tara exchanged glances and let themselves take a relieved drink of cocoa just as the laughter died.

Faith shook her head, wiping tears of hilarity from her eyes. “Kid, why’d you ask THAT?”

Instead of answering, Mouse climbed off Faith’s lap and approached Willow and Tara, digging in her shorts pocket and pulling up two yellow duck-shaped barrettes, “Because I wanted to give you each a ducky clip to put in your hair.”

Willow had the easiest time. She reflexively spat her mouthful of cocoa into the fire and escaped unscathed. Tara, however, began choking and sprayed cocoa through her fingers and down her shirt while Faith’s laughter became a series of breathless gasps as she lay flat and slapped weakly at the ground.

Mouse looked forlornly at her beloved Counselors and worried that everyone was laughing at her.

Tara leaned forward, finally able to breathe, and took the clip. “It’s really pretty, Sweetie. It’s too pretty to wear,” Tara choked slightly, “down there so I’m going to wear it in my hair, um, head hair.”

Mouse beamed.

Willow followed suit, “Me, too. I want everyone to see it.” Then she opened her arms and Mouse burrowed in for a hug and Tara scooted over to share it.

Mouse turned and looked at Faith, “I wish I had another clip for you.”

Faith sat up, smiling at the earnest look on the little girl’s face. “S’okay, kid.” Then she turned and grinned at her two friends, “Seeing Red and T. wear ‘em is all I need!”

Towanda stared into the dying fire. “Wish we didn’t have to go back,” she said glumly.

“Me, too.” Devola scratched under her arms luxuriously. “I want to live in a tree house forever and go naked all the time.” She shot a half-hearted look of resentment at her counselors, “Don’t know why we have to wear stupid clothes!”

Debbie giggled, “Don’t wanna burn your ‘moon’ off!

There was a chorus of laughter and Devola grinned, “Guess not.” Then she straightened excitedly, “Hey! How about that bet we made with the Queens! They have to pay up!”

Tara frowned, “What bet?”

Towanda gave Devola a slug in the arm causing the smaller girl to yelp, but Devola accepted it as just punishment for spilling their secret. Then Towanda turned to Willow, “They kept picking on Mouse. They said they’d give her a dollar every time she got on base if we’d give them a dime every time she didn’t so we bet.”

Devola thought for a moment, “So she didn’t get on base twice and we owe them 20 cents but then she got on base four times and they owe us four dollars. So four dollars, take away twenty cents.” She scrunched up her face and Willow couldn’t resist helping, “Three dollars and eighty cents.”

Devola grinned, “Thanks! I would’ve got it, but it would’ve taken longer.”

Connie was impressed. “How did you get so good at math, Devola?”

“I told you,” Devola said airily, “I’m a genius.”

Tara finally spoke, “W-wait a minute. You girls bet on the game?” She saw the nods. “Betting! That’s not what playing is about!.”

Willow and Faith exchanged glances.

Veronica spoke angrily, “They were pushing Mouse around! I said I’d take the bet if they let her alone between the games and they did!”

Tara’s voice softened, “You stuck up for Mouse and that was the right thing to do, but let’s just forget about collecting the bet.” She sensed rebellion, “I mean it. I don’t want any more fighting and I don’t want you to get in trouble for betting.” The girls nodded reluctantly, but Devola had her fingers crossed behind her back and was already making plans.

Finally the food and snacks were eaten, teeth and hair were brushed, and it was time to put out the fire and pack up.

Packing moved at snail speed until Devola stood on the ground and dared her bunk-mates to throw their pillows and sleeping bags at her. They created a game where she got two points if she caught something and they got two points if they hit her before she caught it. Arguments immediately broke out over rules and point counts making it clear that the game was a success.

Then Willow and Tara hauled water to put out the fire, stirred the embers, and poured more water until they were certain that the fire was out and finally covered it with dirt. The hissing of the water on the fire had been exciting at first, but then the girls stared sadly at the bare ground and realized that their celebration was over.

Then everyone got a last chance at the potty and Faith removed the potty bag, bent the top over, and tied it off completely. Then she put it in yet another bag and tied the second bag off but some of the girls were still scared of touching the bag and Faith offered to keep it up front with her.

“Wait!” Devola’s eyes were bright with adventure, “One more swing, please!” She tried to look adorably innocent and failed, but Faith grinned and agreed anyway. The girls shouted with excitement and Faith took out the board from the cargo net and they sat at the bottom in a circle with the net closed shut above them. Then Faith, Tara and Willow all tugged the rope and they took a spinning flight into delighted terror and came back breathless with excitement and staggering with dizziness.

Then Faith climbed the ladder, walked along the branch again, then untied and dropped the rope.

Debbie nudged Connie and said it again, “She’s just like our cat.”

Then the fascinated girls watched as Faith unfastened the three big canvas tarps from the cargo net. A moment later she untied the ladder from the branch and climbed down. Then she and Tara pulled the extension ladder down while Willow worked with the girls to fold the tarps.

The girls pleaded for a last look at the water and Tara walked them over to the shore while Faith and Willow loaded the ladder and tarps.

“Faith?”

“Yeah, Red.” Faith grunted as she heaved the heavy tarp onto the tailgate of the truck.

“Maybe we should just give up on the gamble-y stuff.”

Faith stared at her then shook her head and made the motion and sound of a whip crack. “Red, so whipped!”

“Whipped?”

Faith shook her head, dismissing the comment, and got back to business. “Lemme break it down. Cordy has my money. I’m gettin’ it.”

“But what about what Tara—“

Faith cut her off, “I got it, Red.” Then she turned away and tugged the last tarp to the front of the truck bed and met Willow’s eyes, “Done” was all she said.

The kids climbed into the truck bed, happy again at the breezy thrill of the ride back.

“Hey!” Devola called, “Can I drive back?”

“Dunno kid, bag is up front with me.”

“I don’t care, shove it under the seat and let’s go!”

The other girls agreed and the line-up for driving turns was created with Devola climbing in first. The ride back was leisurely with plenty of room for cheers, shouts, laughter and some wild driving maneuvers always done at the slowest of speeds. Then they were approaching the dining hall and Towanda was on Faith’s lap, steering.

Then Faith let Towanda honk the horn and they pulled up near the dining hall.

Tizzie Stilton, accompanied by Kelly and Billie, sneered, “We got to go on a limo ride.”

Meanwhile Faith put the truck in park and slid out the passenger side while Towanda exited the driver’s side. “Sounds fun, I guess,” Towanda said grinning, “But I’d rather drive!” Then she dangled the keys Faith had slipped into her hand and walked by the Queens who stared open-mouthed as the Reds all hopped off the back of the truck, chattering about driving and all their other adventures.

Then Cordelia left the dining hall headings towards her cabin and Faith made her move, leaving Tara and Willow to unload while she hurried after Cordelia and fell into step beside her.

Cordelia dug into the pocket of her designer jeans and slapped a hairnet into Faith’s hand. “Here, take it! It looks better on you!”

“Thanks.”

Cordelia looked suspiciously at Faith, “What are you smiling about?”

“Nothin’. Thought you could grab that money for me and Red.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“Naw. I’m not your enemy, C. I’m like your best friend. Your best friend who fixes your food three times a day and keeps an eye on your cabin when you’re not around.”

Cordelia digested this information then stared at Faith who somehow managed to look both cheerful and dangerous at the same time. “Okay, I’ll get it.” Then Cordelia went inside and returned with a wad of bills and counted them out insultingly to Faith who continued to smile throughout the entire process.

“Thanks, C. Knew you’d come through.” Then Faith turned and sauntered back to the dining hall, put on a new hairnet and enjoyed the comforting bulge of her and Willow’s money safe in her pocket.

The girls had been placed back into their regular routine and sent off to outdoor games and Willow and Tara hoped for a few private moments before lunch.

“Ah, there you are Tara!” Mrs. Finch bore down on them, the cheerful death of all their hopes for privacy. “Come right into my office! Let’s try on that dress today and see how it looks.” She noticed Willow, “Join us and be my pin girl, just in case we need to make alterations.”

They found themselves in Mrs. Finch’s office and Tara had just had the dress dropped over her body. She began coughing at the sharp smell of mothballs, and noticed that the trim was a trifle bedraggled and discolored. Mrs. Finch sighed gustily, clearly seeing it as it had been so long ago, “Beautiful, isn’t it?”

“Hey, Mrs. Finch! Jen and I did the morning rides and—“ Carly stepped into the office and stopped dead at the sight of Tara apparently drowning in a billowing mass of wrinkled gray fabric. “Oh, God. Tara, it’s,” Carly managed to stop the comment, but the dismay on her face was painfully obvious and Tara ducked her head, blushing with shame. Then she felt Willow sidling closer to take her cold fingers and squeeze them reassuringly.

“We’re busy,” Mrs. Finch said pettishly, “I’m creating!”

Carly flung Tara a sympathetic glance that hurt worse than an insult and disappeared. Then Mrs. Finch pinned up the hem only, apparently oblivious to the enormous gap in size between Tara and the dress she was wearing. “You’ll be the belle of the ball,” she said happily and gave them permission to leave.

They sought the sanctuary of their cabin and sat on their bed, then Tara started crying softly and Willow knelt to cuddle her in her arms.

“W-willow, I w-wanted to be pretty for you. To dance and l-look nice. I didn’t expect to be a princess or the prettiest girl there, just nice but n-not ugly, not being l-laughed at or h-having people feel sorry for me.”

Willow squeezed Tara tightly and tucked Tara’s head under her chin, determined to make her girl smile. “Well, what about me in Cordelia-Land? She’s either going to put me in rags, tattoo my face or spray paint my head. Wait, maybe all of the above; after all, this is Cordelia we’re talking about.”

Tara raised her head and managed a watery smile. Then Willow caught her hands and kissed them. “But Tara, it doesn’t matter. None of it matters.” Willow smiled in a kind of amazed triumph. “Because we love each other. And you’re beautiful. And no dress in the world can stop me from looking at you and loving you.” She squeezed Tara’s hands, kissed them again, and raised eager eyes to meet her lover’s gaze. “We’ve won! Because we’re beautiful to each other and in love with each other and no one can take that away!”

Tara’s lips trembled for an instant, then quirked up into her special smile and Willow kissed her; and they clung to each other. “Hey,” Willow said with an attempt at bravado, “Maybe I can wear the dress with you and we can snuggle inside it! Besides, the way we'll look, there won’t be any danger of having to go all boy fight-y or having I.T.E’s”

Tara’s brow wrinkled as she tried to remember Mrs. Finch’s talk.

“Inappropriate Touching Experiences,” Willow explained.

Then the laughter, half hysterical and half joyful, burst from Tara and they held each other for a long, happy time.

Ariel

Last edited by Ariel on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Fanfic - How I Met Your Mother (Update: 6 JAN 12)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:39 am 
4. Extra Flamey

dibs
Quote:
Then she lay there for a long time, listening to the melodic calls and wondering if they were a harbinger of dawn or a cry of sorrow.
Wow after the way the last chapter ended this one quote was heartbreaking poor Willow

Mouse was just so adorable in this chapter first noticing the squirel and then asking about the hair, in a way she sort of reminds me a little of what a younger Willow would have been like with the adorable niavety

I loved the moment when Tara told the girls not to bet especially as both their reactions were funny Willow not wanting to and Faith having a plan in three words. "Want, take, have."
I'm glad they got the money off Bitch C this time

Oh God Mrs Finch her craziness is like a trainwreck everytime she shows up she (possibly unwittingly though I'm not entirely convinced) causes trouble poor Tara having to wear the old dress and poor Willow I dread to think what Bitch C has in store for her, though hopefully whatever it is she'll get another helping of her just desserts.

Quote:
Tara raised her head and managed a watery smile. Then Willow caught her hands and kissed them. “But Tara, it doesn’t matter. None of it matters.” Willow smiled in a kind of amazed triumph. “Because we love each other. And you’re beautiful. And no dress in the world can stop me from looking at you and loving you.” She squeezed Tara’s hands, kissed them again, and raised eager eyes to meet her lover’s gaze. “We’ve won! Because we’re beautiful to each other and in love with each other and no one can take that away!”

I love moments like these that show no matter what nastiness tries to interfere they're in love and no one can take that away.

Also Just thought thanks to the girls they have 'the Kitten' army, from Mrs Finch and Bitch C they'll get the 'bad wardrobe' and of course they are 'The Witches'.

Who are You

Last edited by Mgraham93 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:00 am 

Faith being a secret softy is fun! Glad she got her money from Cordy but I hope queen bitch doesn't sure that somehow to hurt them... and poor Tara with that dress!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:47 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... Yay for nice Finn-ish touch :bounce ... I really like softy Faith, I hope she doesn't change too much when she becomes s Slayer and meets Buffy... Big lol for Mouse's questions about hair down below... I really like little D and all her :moo plans... I'm really glad that Faith got her money... I'm truly worried about what Bitch C is going to make Willow wear, but Tara wearing Finchmeister's clothing abomination and Willow wearing something hideous they can spend the evening alone without interference from the boys...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:14 pm 
9. Gay Now

Sweetie, you are magic, through and through.

Each of us brings to our stories something of ourselves, it could not be any other way.

And look what you have brought!

An innocent and joyous Willow, shining with wonder.
A timid but brave Tara, growing stronger with love every day.
And Faith, so deeply hurt, but standing up to face the sun, her courage all the greater for the hurt she bears.

Many writers put a lot into Tara, because we all love her so.
And you do too.
But look what goes into Willow and Faith.

I am in awe. :bow

Ok, story stuff:
Faith is bad ass!
I abolutely love her with the kids.
I can't wait to see her in Sunnydale, we will have ourselves a time!
And i loved LOVED how she handled cordelia, sensible, mature and just threatening enough to get the point across.
Do. Not. Fuck. With. Faith.

Poor Tara! I absolutely felt how woebegone she was with the dress.
Quote:
“W-willow, I w-wanted to be pretty for you. To dance and l-look nice. I didn’t expect to be a princess or the prettiest girl there, just nice but n-not ugly, not being l-laughed at or h-having people feel sorry for me.”

You made me cry. :sob
You know, it wouldn't be too hard to have an 'accident' to the dress or have one of the girls 'lose' it if no one wants to pull the scales from Finch's eyes.
I mean she's not a bad woman, she's just living in a dreamland and forcing everyone else to dance around her or be bulldozed. the careless cruelty of the massively insensitive.

And this last wondrous gem:
Quote:

Oh Willow, you are a shining light!

This is for you sweetie: :flower
and a bunch of hugs for you to keep in your hug box. you can take one out any time you need one.
[Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug]
There are always more.

Every time i read your story I feel like I'm stepping into sunlight.
See below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Ah, Ariel you've done it again. Great chapter! The wake-up was sad and sweet. My favorite part, hands down, was the "hair down there" - hair clippy Mousy awesomeness! Finch should be shot - preferably with an elephant tranq gun. Cordelia needs massive amounts of humilation and to step off her pedalstal.

Keep up the Amazing work! Kitty love!

ETA: Lookie! I'm extra-flamey! Yippee!

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hey there! More great updates.

The whole celebration was just so much fun to read. Took me back to my much, much younger days of tree houses and playing in the outdoors. Those girls will take some wonderful memories home with them. Speaking of going home, our girls only have a little over a week left of camp time, so I'm curious and quite anxious about what's going to happen to them when they have to leave and be separated. I can't wait to see what you have planned to fix this. Mouse learning about the hair had me cracking up, and wanting to give them hair clips for down there was just F-ing hilarious.

And poor Tara and that stinky dress. Oh my. I'm sure she'll still be beautiful to Willow, but it breaks my heart because she wanted to be pretty for Willow. Hopefully she can make up for it later in their lives and wear a beautiful dress for her some other time.

Can't wait to see what's next!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:53 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Julie,

Sorry I've been kinda AWOL lately. But, I'm back at it now. Just finished reading day two of the celebration and it was just as good as day 1. Although the girls didn't really have any alone time together, this little excursion has been one of my favorite part so far in you story.

Quote:
Is it a ‘morning’ dove or a ‘mourning’ dove? Then she lay there for a long time, listening to the melodic calls and wondering if they were a harbinger of dawn or a cry of sorrow.

Nice use of foreshaddowing. Tara's tears at the end of the day were truly heartbreaking.

Quote:
Willow pouted and lifted her head in the direction of Bettina and Mouse, “They stole my spot!”

Tara nodded, her full lips doing their best to imitate a Willow-pout, “Mine, too.” Then her lips quirked up and she allowed herself the pleasure of brushing a bit of Willow’s hair back behind her ear and stealing a touch along her lover’s cheek

You didn't write it, but I imagine Tara's hand pausing on Willow's cheek for a just a moment, feeling the delicate skin of her face against the courseness of her finger tips. Ahhh.
Quote:
Tara looked around to make sure the kids were out of earshot and leaned forward with a blush at her own daring and a glint of mischief in her eyes to say, “You know, Faith, you really are a pain in the ass.”

Faith’s eyes opened wide in shock and Tara grinned, “Gotcha!” Then she turned and sashayed off for a turn at the bathroom, leaving Faith to ponder the unpredictability of human nature.

Love this! Faith thinks she is so cool and knows exactly what to expect from people, then BAM. WTF? Wasn't expecting that. Love unpredictable Tara.

I so want some of those biscuits. They sound so yummy. All buttery, sweet and cinnamony, mmmmm.

Of course, I loved the whole "hair down there" scene. It was awesome and halarious. Definately the stand-out for this update. Great job.

You did an excellent job showing the feelings of the campers not wanting to leave the site of their campout. As a reader you almost feel bad for them. You don't want them to have to give up all the genuine fun and freedom for structured, organized semi-fun that awaits them once they return.

Matty called it on Faith's attitude toward the bet. "Want, take, have." That's our Faith.
Quote:
Tara’s lips trembled for an instant, then quirked up into her special smile and Willow kissed her; and they clung to each other. “Hey,” Willow said with an attempt at bravado, “Maybe I can wear the dress with you and we can snuggle inside it! Besides, the way we'll look, there won’t be any danger of having to go all boy fight-y or having I.T.E’s”

I loved Willow's attempt to use humor to distract Tara from thinking about the horror of the dress. Right now the best thing those two can do is lean on one another.

Great update. Can't wait for more!

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next