The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Million Dollar Romance
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:43 am 
2. Floating Rose

Title:Million Dollar Romance
Author: JD
Rating: PG for now, but I’ll let you know if/when that changes.
Disclaimer: No spoilers for any season. I don’t own the characters that are owned by M.E. and Joss Whedon.
Summary: Money, CEO's, Lesbians, Sports Cars, The Q Club...and...An Intern.

Monday morning is quite possibly the worst day of the week. Everyone is trying to drive work, but really they’re driving their beamer’s and Mercedes’ like they’re Nascar drivers all of a sudden; they drive quickly since everyone’s late. It seems the weekend schedule of golf, cocktail parties, and galas throw off everyone’s sense of time and their human clock. The only unfourtunate thing about living in LA is the constant bright atmosphere, where every hour of every day seems to be filled with glistening sunlight. Sure the sun is perfect for tanning by the pool while Rosa brings you a daiquiri, but at 7 am it’s more of a nuisance shining in your bedroom window.

Tara finished dressing after her shower and walked quickly downstairs, Rosa had made a calorie-wise omelet and some multi-grain toast for breakfast.

“Rosa, I have a meeting from 5-7 tonight, so I wont be ready for dinner until then. If you’re hungry earlier then you can just save me some.”

Rosa is Tara’s maid, or housekeeper, or homely assistant if you will; she pretty much does everything: she cooks, cleans, organizes, and takes phone messages. She speaks with a Spanish accent, and is an older lady with graying-brown hair and a stout stature.

Tara liked Rosa, she made sure to build a “guest house” on the property for her, she made sure it was perfect; 4 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, family room, dining room, games room, 4 bathrooms. Tara thought she set-up in Rosa’s home was quaint. However nice it was, it was nothing compared to the custom estate Tara had built for herself. She didn’t think the estate was really that fantastic, it only cost $10.6 million dollars to build and the only main highlights were the fully stocked fitness center, the indoor pool and hot tub, and the 30-seat theatre.

“Rosa, do you think my house is too big?” Tara asked.

“No misses, your house is beautiful, just like you” Rosa quickly responded with a smile.

“But, I mean, thanks, but I was watching Cribs last night on MTV and some of those super famous people didn’t even have a theatre or anything! Damn! I’m late! I’m supposed to meet Addy at 8 for coffee!”
With that Tara quickly ran to the other side of the house towards the garage; she quickly grabbed the keys to her black Mercedes Benz SL 600, she decided to take it since it’s her only convertible and the weather looks nice.

On her drive to The Q Club, she ran into the insane Monday morning traffic, she clicked the button on her Bluetooth headset;

“Mark? Hi, I’ll be at the office by 9am, make sure to schedule my meetings with some space in between, and please have my venti-two pump-soy-light caramel-iced-caramel macchiato on my desk when I get there. Thanks.”

Mark was the glue to Tara’s life, he was her young, extremely gay, secretary, or as he referred to himself “executive assistant”. Finally she had managed to get to The Q Club, on Hollywood Blvd, the local coffeehouse/nightclub the girls hung out at. Luckily Addy had waited the extra 15 minutes for Tara to arrive.

“Heeey Girl!!! Look at you in that fancy suit of yours; the girlies are going to be all over you! On that note, any girlies I need to know about? I certainly haven’t had any luck.”
Addison said as she hugged Tara to greet her.

Addison and Tara had known each other since elementary school.

“Thank you! I just bought it; it’s from the new Prada line. I WISH the girls were all over me; the closest I’ve had to any sort of sexual interaction was when an intern at the gallery brushed my hand as we walked out of a meeting together last Thursday.” Tara responded, ordering her usual morning start: a tall skinny double vanilla latte.

“Daaaammnnn Tara! Intern?! Is she hot? Are you allowed, I mean you’re the CEO of the gallery, isn’t it bad to date your intern?” Addy was excited, she loved gossip; in fact she loved it so much she made a living writing a popular gossip column for the LA Inquirer.

“I never said we were dating, relax! She brushed my hand! And oh my god she’s beautiful, she’s got long red hair, light green eyes, and the body of a Greek goddess! I wish I knew her name though…” Tara said not even realizing that she was daydreaming.

After a good 45 minute catch up with her best friend Tara headed to the office. She parked her car in the spot right with her name on it. She headed into Maclay Galleries, and as soon as she veered right to her corner office she came eye to eye with the beautiful redheaded intern.

“Good morning Miss. Maclay, your macchiato is on your desk, is there anything else I can do for you this morning?”

God, Tara couldn’t even speak, she quickly shook her head and continued towards her office, hoping the intern would think she was just in a hurry.

"when I kissed a girl and liked it"

Post subject: Re: Million Dollar Romance
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:03 am 
19. Yummy Face

Interesting beginning... I really hope Tara is still very much Tara like and not so High School Cordelia like...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:00 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I am inclined to agree with Zamp on the interesting beginning. Lovin' it so far!!! Need more comes to my mind though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:10 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hey baby, I really like it. Keep it going!

-Amanda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:25 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Zampsa1975: Just keep reading, I think you'll find that regardless of the beginning, this story isn't what you may think it is.

tacoda13: I added a little bit of history for you, just so you can get a bit of background on the story. It's definitely not the same as my other one ;-) Lets just say the rating might change.

AB: thanks hun!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:26 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Tara loved art, she loved creating art, she loved collecting art and she loved showing art in the gallery. The only thing Tara questioned was her love for, was running the gallery. Maclay Galleries had been her fathers company, and her grandfathers company; it was one of the most well known galleries in west LA, but as much as Tara loved art, she was too sweet and kind to be the CEO; in a nutshell, Tara is a lover not a fighter.

A bit of family history…

Her twin brother Conner decided he’d rather go the financial route in life; he ran the accounting, payable/receivable, and pretty much everything related to money at the gallery. Tara and Conner had been given the land they lived on by her father; when the twins inherited Maclay Galleries, they decided to build the massive estate to please them and keep them busy. Tara resided in one portion of the house while Conner had the other; in the middle were common ground rooms – the games room, the theatre, the pool, kitchen etc -. At 21 years old they both had A LOT of space but they kept it clean, neat and in order. Tara owned two cars: her Mercedes Benz SL600 Convertible and a Lexus 400h; Conner owned an indigo BMW Z4 and a larger black Cadillac Escalade.

At first glance the twins looked rich, spoiled, snotty, pretentious, everything you would expect from 21-year-old multi-millionaires. But perception is in the eye of the beholder; never judge a book by its cover. If the truth be told Tara and Conner were merely “trust fund babies”, they came from a wealthy family and we’re raised in an upscale town of West Hollywood, they inherited a multi-million dollar gallery from their father; but Tara and Conner were regular people.

Tara loved women, gay as can be, and what better place to be gay then West Hollywood? The Q Club that her friend Kate owned was the most popular coffee shop around for everyone identifying as LGBTQ, in fact it was so relaxed that even the straight people hung out there! For Tara, she was happy: she had Conner, she had a house, two cars, and her 2 cats (mango and kiwi). She was shy, nervous around cute girls, and although she wore only the nicest clothes from the hottest brands, she went home each evening and put on tank tops and sweats.

Deep down inside, Tara tried not to come off as a typical trust fund baby, or at least she didn’t want the intern to know that. What she didn’t think of was that regardless of her money, she still blushed the same colour as the redheaded intern every time she walked into a room. She stuttered when she spoke to her, and that was only when she could force words out of her speechlessness.

Tara hadn’t felt like this before around any girl. So what was it about the intern? And what was her name?!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:14 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

OK JD, i didn't mean family history. What i meant was (1) the intern's name and (2) if they get together. LOL, still loving it. OH, almost forgot, DIBBS!!!!!!1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:42 pm 
3. Flaming O

cute... background = good but hurry with the update!

This is really how it ended:
Tara - your shirt... it's beautiful on you, but it looks way better off you...
And everybody lived happily ever after the end

Will I forget the failure of a final season if I hit my head enough times on this brick wall?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:59 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... Biy yay for Tara's not bitchyness... I hope Tara finds courage to ask the beautiful redheaded intern (Willow I hope) out for a coffee...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:09 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

her name is Willow..if you don't believe me, go ASK her..
so more pleaseeeeeee :party
RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:27 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Interesting start so far. I hope the intern doesn't think Tara is snotty and rude.

Keep updating!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:00 am 
3. Flaming O

Loving it! Great start! I like the concept of rich tara :D please update soon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:49 pm 
2. Floating Rose

willow_tara_always: Thanks! here's your update!

love_2003: keep reading to find out!

arsyadriani: haha don't get ahead of yourself now!

Zampsa1975: thanks! coffee eh?

AB: thanks babe.

tacoda13: haha DIBBS! and (1) you'll find out next update. (2) ahem yes ahem
;-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:49 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Tara finally got to her office and sat down, she couldn’t believe that there were already voicemails flashing on her phone. It wasn’t even 10 o’clock in the morning!

Mark, where is Mark, what am I even doing today? He didn’t tell me about any meetings. I wonder if I have any meetings? I wonder if he knows who the intern is, what exactly does she do at our gallery? Why didn’t I ask Conner last night at dinner? Tara’s mind was swimming as she mumbled to herself, occasionally sipping her macchiato.
She was scribbling quick notes on her notepad while listening to her phone messages; most were from various artists wanting to show at MG. She glanced over at her computer just as it started up and saw the dreaded number in brackets showing the immense amount of unread e-mails in her box.

“Morning sunshine! How was coffee with Addy? You have some meetings today” Mark walked in and sat down casually in the leather chair across from Tara, he was adorable. His hair was gelled in a perfect faux-hawk and he had on black slacks, a black dress shirt and a pink striped tie, as always he was wearing his beloved black Dolce & Gabbana black Italian running shoes.

“You have a meeting with a prospective artist wanting to show, I don’t remember her name but I printed up some stuff on her for you; that is at 11am. You’ve also got a corporate meeting at 2:30pm with Conner and the gallery board, that’s something about the budget. Then from 5 – 7pm you have a dinner/meeting with the department supervisors to discuss and meet the new interns and employees. Other than that you’re free.”
Wow, Tara thought, Could he book me any more in one day?! It took Tara a second to realize that her meeting at 5 would tell her exactly who the redhead is!

“Oooo babe! I also wanted to say I have to run out at 2ish, Adam and I are going to see a new condo. We definitely don’t have a big enough closet at our place now. But I promise that I’ll be back for the dinner at 5. That new redheaded intern is cute isn’t she.” Mark had a huge grin on his face, partially because he knew exactly what was going through Tara’s head.

“Intern? Redhead? Cute? What? Oh um yeah I guess I don’t really know. I practically ran into her this morning on my way in but I haven’t really seen her other than that. I’m sure she’s really nice. I guess we’ll find out who she is tonight!”
Tara stuttered though she was trying to respond nonchalantly so Mark wouldn’t suspect her feelings. Who was she kidding? Mark new her better than anyone!

Tara turned to the computer and began to check her endless amount of e-mails.

“Tare I’ll be in my office, I’m going to start some of the paperwork surrounding the new artists. Just forward me any e-mails you want me to respond to for you. Here, I made you a post-it with all your meetings for today; one less thing to keep in your pretty brain! Toodles”

Mark skipped out towards his office, and Tara was looking through the e-mails. It’s only 10:15am so I still have 45 minutes before the meeting. I wonder if Xander has time for lunch today, Addison never mentioned what he’s doing. Tara’s head was spinning, but she breathed for a second and picked up the phone.

Ring…Ring…Ring… “Hello?”

“Xander! How’re you? You want to meet at the Q club for lunch, 1230?”

“Taraaa! Yeah definitely, Anya is working today so we can definitely do lunch.”

“Perfect, see you then!” Tara liked plans that included food, and so far today she had two plans with food in them! She grinned her adorable half smile to herself.

“Morning Tara, heard your days crazy. Did you tell Rosa that we wouldn’t be home for dinner?” Conner let himself into her office as usual.

“Yep, told her at breakfast, which you missed! Hey, does that new redheaded intern work for you? Where did she come from?” Tara tried to sound concerned rather than excited.

“She isn’t working directly for me, I had my secretary hire her, right now she’s a greeter but I figured we could use her in reception or admin somewhere soon. She graduated honors from UCLA in Art History. She’s also uber cute. See ya later sis.” Conner left and headed towards his office.

Tara stared blankly at the entrance to her office; great, I know why she’s here and what she did before this. I still don’t know her name! She thought to herself, frustrated.

Later on…

Tara was checking her voicemails one last time before the dinner/meeting where hopefully she’d figure out the intern’s name. She had her blonde hair flowing straight down her back, her new suit and she was ready. She headed towards the conference wing where the dinner was taking place.

She walked in casually as a waiter handed her some champagne.

“Hi Tara, you look, wow you look great.” The red head stood right in front of Tara. Tara couldn’t breathe, she didn’t know what to say, she couldn’t speak.

“Um…H…Hi…I…look…I…good…thank you. I…I’m sorry I don’t know your name?” Tara stuttered, she had never been more nervous in her life.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:39 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, DIBBS!!!!! I'm lovin' the interaction. Can't wait for more updates!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:15 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... I hope the cute readheaded intern is as smitten as Tara...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:24 pm 
3. Flaming O

yay update! Love it. Keep the goodness flowing x