The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Graffiti Bird
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

Disclaimer: All characters from Buffy The Vampire Slayer are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.

Chapter One

She sat defeated on the uncomfortable exercise ball. She had traded it for her office chair provided by the dorms a few weeks ago in a glow of change. She was going to get in shape just by sitting on the ball, at her desk writing her papers. Problem was, she wasn’t writing her papers and her thighs were cramping. She sighed deeply and looked down at the fraying carpet on the floor. This wasn’t turning out like she thought it would. Procrastination and cramping thighs seemed like the part of her problems that didn’t matter so much.

She had moved to Sunnydale in part out of necessity but in part to prove something to herself. Having no where to seemed like a lousely excuse to give up and close doors on certain opportunities. She knew that she could do good here. Learn to make friends, help people, become educated and in general learn the mysterious ways of taking care of ones self. So far it seemed pretty fucked to her. School was easy enough, she was fascinated by the lectures but the assignments were tedious and boring and she only completed them under the shot gun of the midnight hours the pervious nights. She wanted more but she wasn’t sure what more was or meant. Was this it? Tara threw her textbook in the trash can in protest. It seemed as good place as any for now.

She grabbed her leather coat, it showed of her hips, and headed for the door. The hall walls were dark and quiet as always at 3am. She moved unnoticed through the building and out into the quad. The silence was simultaneously wonderful and painful. She had waited her whole life for this kind of silence. But this loneliness inspired insipid desires to graffiti all over the brick walls. Not that she was a bad girl but she was starting to feel desperate. SOME ONE NOTICE ME. I AM HERE. I AM ALIVE. ARE YOU? She tossed the idea out as quickly as she had tossed her text book. She was defiantly feeling testy. Maybe someone would mug her, and then she could beat the crap out of them. That would solve both the problem of boredom and her pent up emotions. She looked around the quad almost hopeful but she didn’t see single soul. Maybe she didn’t look innocent or helpless enough to be mugged. She shrugged, oh well, another night.

She continued to trudge down the well lit paths leading into the heart of Sunnydale. Surely someone must be out and about in the city’s small core. Bingo! She spotted a bleach blond young man sitting on the corner of a street having a smoke. She approached him from the left and stopped walking an arms length away from the stranger.

“What’s a bird like yourself doing out at such an hour?” He asked looking bored himself.

Bird? Well no one had ever called her that before. Points for originality. “Looking for you.” She stated bluntly. Well she was, in a way. And at least she might score points for being mysterious.

He looked slightly stunned at first and then nodded. “Did she send you?”

“Who?”

“Oh for Christ Sakes. You know who! Miss high n mighty Slayer. Thinking she can send a random flunky to heel me like a good pet. I tell you, I ain’t no puppy, come running every time she whistles.” The blond fumed throwing his half smoked cigarette and than quickly lighting another.

“Of course not.” Tara encouraged the stranger. It was either that or keep walking. For now she was content enough.

“Bloody right!” He snorted in agreement. “What does she want then? Get into a bit of trouble did she?”

“ I don’t know. I only meant…” Tara said getting ready to confess her cluelessness.

“Well let’s go find out than!” The blond suddenly got up pulling his leather jacket tight around him. He started walking off into the night. “Are you coming?” He shouted.

Tara stood looking slightly shocked. This is exactly what you shouldn’t do, follow odd crazy strangers into the dark. Oh yeah, big time “not a great idea” factor going on. She than pictured her history text book nestled in her trashed. “Yeah, don’t get your knickers in a bunch blondie bird,” Tara shouted back.

“Don’t call me that! It’s Spike. I hear you call me anything different and ill make sure something nasty finds you in a alley somewhere. You can’t treat me like piss just cuz I got this bloody chip now, alright?” Spiked whined heading off into a dark alley way.

“Alright. I am Tara, but you can call me bird if you want.” She thought it was kind of cute. Her brain was buzzing with all types of warning but she ignored them all together. She needed this. She needed this adventure, this breath of fresh air. Besides while Spike certainly a little on the crazy side he didn’t exactly seem dangerous to her.

Post subject: Re: Graffiti Bird
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:25 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Seems really neat so far. I've always thought graffiti was a cool form of expression.

Points for originality too, for depicting Tara and Spike as friends, you almost never see that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:30 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

well i am interested and can't wait for more..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

Thank you both so much for comments. I have written on the board in a long time. So its very nice to have someone enjoy my musings. Sorry for the bad grammar. I hope you both remain interested or continue to think its neat. I also think Graffiti is an amazing form of expression and art that challenges norms and spaces. :) Thanks again for your comments, you made my night.

Chapter Two

Tara struggled keeping up with Spike who now seemed content to seethe in silence. It was the first time that Tara had ventured this far outside of the campus, daylight or no daylight. She eagerly soaked in the scenery. It was certainly nice to get out of her modest dorm room. Within a few quick turns Tara found herself in a graveyard following Spikes bright bleached hair like a beacon. More like a moth to a flame Tara thought. Tara started humming dramatically in her mind. Looks likes like things are about to get a whole lot creepier.

Tara heard a loud snapping sound like a tree branch breaking. She stopped humming, it was getting just a little too creepy without the help of her imagination. She looked to Spike for his reaction. She decided that if he wasn’t scared than neither was she. Instead she saw Spike flying through the air attacking a man in a business suite. Should she stop this? What if the man in the business suite deserved it? Maybe he slept with Spikes girlfriend or hit his mother? Suddenly before Tara could decide on a plan of action a blonde woman came flying over a large tomb, assisting Spike in beating the suite. The level of violence and precision with which the two fought awed and scared Tara. She started to back up out of instinct. Adventure yes, bodily damage no. She tripped.
She couldn’t help but panic. The boldness of the cold wet grass met with the hot rushing blood of her body. She was ready to fight, she was to ready to run. As she struggled to quickly get up a hand grabbed her wrist and twisted her around.

“Are you human!?” Demanded a short Burnet holding a stick ready to strike.

Tara would have further panicked but the oddness of the situation and her wiliness to get in the middle of was starting to really irritate her. Why did she agree to follow the stranger? Sure she was lonely and bored beyond toleration but she could be graffiting the mundane campus walls. But no, instead she was being threatened by a short burnet. “No, I am monkey.” She replied twisting out of the burnets grasp.

“You are far too attractive to be a monkey, with your full lips and long hair. Besides monkeys don’t talk unless they are possessed. Are you possessed?” The burnet asked starring and dangerously into Tara eyes.

Tara couldn’t help but smile at the attractive comment. It was the first time another woman who wasn’t her mother had called her attractive. And that was defiantly part of the plan in moving to Sunnydale, having other woman being attracted to her. But this woman was definite no, while interesting she was also crazy. Maybe her and Spike are siblings and there is there midnight game time, Tara mused. “No?” She offered weakly. What else was she suppose to say. ‘Why yes I am possessed and need your best lesbian exorcism possible. Please lead the way.’

The shorter women lowered her stick and smiled at Tara. “ I have concluded that you are human. But you shouldn’t joke like that. In the middle of a fight someone might really think you are monkey.”

Tara scrunched her eye brows “Oh yeah, okay.” She decided to placate the shorter women. Don’t piss of the crazy people. Tara heard an odd whooshing noise. She turned her head only to see the Blonde woman and Spike walking towards her and the slightly menacing Burnet.

“Where is the rest of the gang?” The Blonde asked.

“Xander tripped on something and Willow stayed behind to help him. While I continued chasing the vampire.” The burnet said obviously looking for praise.

The words gang and vampire went ringing through Tara’s head.

“Thanks, Anya that was very good of you. So who is your friend?” The petite Blonde asked.

Both Spike and Anya answered at once. “She is said she is monkey”… “She’s the bird…”

The Blonde interrupted, “Wait, you’re a monkey-bird? Not that I am judging. I am just saying, wow! That’s a new one.”

For lack of a better idea Tara offered her hand the Blonde. “I am Tara.”

The Blonde accepted. “ I am Buffy.”

The Brunette stepped in eagerly and almost forcefully between Tara and Buffy. “And I am Anya. It is a pleasure to meet you.” Anya pumped Tara’s hand vigorously.

“Anya, that’s enough. Don’t want to break off the woman’s arm. Monkey-bird or no monkey-bird I bet she still needs her arm to be all…functiony.” Buffy scolded.

Tara smiled as politely as she could manage. This was getting to be a little more than she asked for when she went out stalking for some company. She figured she would have a meaningful conversation with a homeless man, maybe hit up a conversation with some inebriated college folk or perhaps a trucker at some all night diner. This was a tad out of left field even for her imagination. But as always, she rolled with the punches. “Um, Thanks. About what you said before, the gang part I mean. Well what did you mean exactly?” Tara knew that she probably shouldn’t have asked. It was probably like asking someone in prison what they were in for. If you have to ask than you’re probably not going to get the answer you want. She looked to Spike for some kind of clue.

“Awe, Bird. Before you weren’t talking about…” Spiked commented curiously before he was cut off by Buffy.

“Before?” Buffy squeaked out looking almost pathetically at Spike.

“Yeah, before. What’s it to ya, Slayer?” Spike mocked with a silly yet hansom grin.

“Nothing!” Buffy verbally slashed back trying her best to ignore Spike’s cocky grin.

Anya leaned into Tara and said in an exaggerated stage whispering. “You shouldn’t steal Buffy’s boyfriend. She is very strong and might stake you.” Tara was reminded of the wooden stick Anya was threatening her with early. Maybe their gang was like, the wooden stick gang or something. Maybe they were Dutch.

“I am not her boyfriend!”

“…not my boyfriend!”

Tara smiled at both of their frustrated protest. They were cute in a angsty sort of way. “Ain’t my boyfriend neither,” she added for good measure.

“Oh that’s just great. Well, I am not sticking around putting up with this woman crap! Next time you need help Slayer feel free NOT to send your flunky to find me.” Spike slunk off leaving an awkward silence.

Tara looked at the remaining two wondering what trouble she had pleasantly gotten herself into. Also, where did the man in the business suite go? Was he part of their crazy Dutch stick gang?

“Aww, guys. Could I have some help, please? Someone has been laying on the double meat palace burgers a little too much lately.” Tara turned her attention towards a beautiful Red head. The red head was attempting to stumble up the slight hill towards the crowd supporting the weight of a badly limping dark haired boy.

“Goedenavond,” Tara said without thinking.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:34 am 
19. Yummy Face

Interesting beginning... I wonder how Tara takes the whole vampires and demons are real deal...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:27 am 
Great start, can’t wait to see how this progresses

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:00 pm 
3. Flaming O

Chapter Three

Buffy rushed forth to take the dark haired burden of the slender Red head shoulder. “She is right Xander. You have been getting a little hefty lately.” Buffy said as she helped him hobble up the hill.

“I am just filling out my manly figure. As my uncle Roy use to say that if a man didn’t have a beer belly than he wasn’t a man at all.” Xander quibbled back.

“Is it bad?” Anya said referring to Xander’s knee.

“Meh, its just a flesh wound. I’ll be doing the Snoopy dance in no time.” Xander smiled back noticing Tara for the first time.

“Oh that’s too bad.” Anya said bitterly. Anya moved swiftly kicking Xander in the shins before walking away.

“Um, what was that?” Tara asked looking at the Red head.

“ Um, its complicated thing.” The Red head answered looking at Tara curiously.

“Its not really so much as a thing, as I left her at the Altar. And now she has this whole vengeance gig going for her.” Xander said mournfully looking at his feet.

“Oh, um.” Tara stared at the young man looking for something comforting to say.

“So um, lets not dwell on ugly thoughts. I am Xander I don’t believe we have ever met before.” Xander hobbled over extending his hand and what he thought was a charming smile.

“I am Tara.” And in the spirit of not dwelling on ugly things Tara quickly turned her attention to the red head.

“I am Willow, it’s nice to meet you.” The Red head beamed back at her. When their eyes met an awkward silence flushed over both women.

“Tara is a monkey-bird.” Buffy said breaking the moment.

Willow eyes nit together in surprised, “Neat, is that like a werewolf?”

Tara inwardly groaned. Why did this beautiful amazing woman have to be crazy just like the rest of them? “Not exactly, no” Tara responded.

“Well, it was nice to meet you, Tara. I call this patrol officially over and a wild success. However I think maybe me and the Xan man should hobble over the hospital just to get everything checked out.” Buffy said leading the way.

“That doesn’t sound like a bad idea. Bye gals” Xander said limping off.
Tara turned towards Willow. Alone at last. For how this night was turning out Tara could barely comprehend it. But in her gut she knew was comfortable and okay with these people even though they were extremely odd. Who was she to judge?

“So, where you off to?” Willow asked politely.

“I dunno. I guess back home, or well at lest to my dorm room. I am not sure I’d call it home.” Tara smiled trying not to babble.

“Oooh, me too!” Willow smiled noticeably excited. “I am Stevenson hall, me and Buffy room together there. What about you?”

“ I am in Chester Hall, I guess right across from Stevenson.” Tara replied. She momentary wondered if Willow and Buffy were more than just good friends. It may have bothered her a little but she wasn’t about to
admit to anything.

“Hey, we are almost like neighbours than.” Willow said sweetly as she clasped her own hands together. Tara tucked her hands into her jean pockets in an attempt to butch/gentlemenly/akward. They both started walking in the direction the campus.

“What was that word you said before?” Willow asked.

“What word?” Tara replied puzzled.

“When me and Xander were walking up that little hill. Well it was more like a medium bump but it was a little difficult with Xander hanging off me. He can be clumsy sometimes. This one time…” Willow started to tell a story but she stopped herself. “Sorry I babble sometimes. So what was that word?”

“Oh, you mean Goedenavon? It means good evening.” Tara responded sweetly. Hearing Willow talk pleasure she forgotten about.

“In Monkey-Bird?” Willow asked.

“No, in Dutch.”

“I didn’t know they were Dutch monkey-birds! Well I didn’t even know their were monkey-birds really but you learn something new every day in this job.” Willow exclaimed.

Tara was forced to walk close to Willow their shoulders pressed up against each other as they passed through some thick trees. It felt extremely nice to feel a bit of the weight and heat of Willow pressing into her.

“My mom’s side of the family was Dutch. My grandfather taught me some but I don’t really remember much beyond Goedenavond.” Tara smiled.

“That sounds nice. My Bubbe use to yell at me in Yiddish and Hebrew but I don’t really remember anything except that she was kind of a cranky old lady.”

Tara giggled. “That sounds less nice but still nice.”

Willow matched Tara giggled. “I guess it was kind of nice you know. Never know what you have until its gone.”

The words stung and made Tara instantly miss her mom. She was trying so hard to make it on her own that she felt like a failure every time grief entered her body. She couldn’t waste her life grieving over her mother. She wouldn’t want that.

“I am sorry, did I say something?” Willow asked anxiously. She immediately noticed Tara’s change in mood.

“No, its okay.” Tara reassured her but kept her eyes on the ground.
The finally reached a paved path that lead straight to their respected dorms. Both women remained close even though they were in a more open space. Tara wanted to reach out and touch Willow’s skin. She had never felt so strongly attracted to someone before and it was sending confusing signals throughout her brain and body. Not that she minded much. Nope, not at all.

“It was really nice to meet you and the other people tonight. It isn’t often you meet such…” Tara paused. “interesting people.”

“Oh yeah. The gang goes out patrolling sometimes just to, you know, spend some quality time together. Buffy, she is the Slayer, mostly patrols on her own but sometimes we all go out together. Mostly though we just research and stuff at the magic shop.” Willow babbled.
“Interesting.” Tara made a mental note about the magic shop.
Willow and Tara came to walk in front of Tara dorm building. Neither one of them seemed to be in a big hurry to leave.

“It was nice meeting you to Tara. Maybe we could go for a coffee time, and you can tell me what it is like to me a Monkey-Bird?” Willow shyly asked.

Tara inwardly screamed in frustration. Why, did that crazy bullshit have to ruin a nice moment like this. Should she continue hanging out with Willow even though she was clearly involved in some time of mas-phcosis or something. She should at lest give it a try. Tara wasn’t the judgemental type and something told her Willow held the answer the loneliness Tara was running from early that evening. “Okay, why don’t you give me a call sometime.” Tara replied writing down her phone number for Willow.

They both awkwardly said goodbye.

Tara walked up the stairs to the second floor smiling the whole way. The night had been amazing. Tara couldn’t explain it but she felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Just as Tara putting her key in the lock she could hear her phone ring. She looked at the clock, it was 7am.

“Hi Donny!” Tara answered with the pep left over the evening adventure.

“How did you know it was me?” A smooth male voice replied.

“Who else is going to call me at 7am? You do know that the rest of the world is just getting out of bed at this time. Not everyone is up at five running lap.”

“I firmly believe the world would be a much better place if we were all up at five running laps. In fact I am presenting it to the UN tomorrow. “ Donny joked.

“So what’s up?” Tara asked.

Donny and her caught up. Tara explained what her dorm looked like after she decorated it about the campus. It was nice to have Donny show such interest in her. Tara had only found about him a year ago when she registered with her adoption agency to find her birth parents. It turns out both of her birth parents were dead but she did have a half brother who registered with the agency wishing to be contact. It had been odd at first but her and Donny eventually hit it off. Donny two year daughter, Jasmine, really had a lot to do with it.

After they finished catching up on the everyday stuff Tara relied some off the lest odd events that occurred during the night. She didn’t want Donny to thinks he was hanging out with total freaks but on the other hand she could use his advice.

“Tara, have you ever heard of LARP-ing?” Donny asked clearly interested.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:13 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:53 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

more..and more..and more :kdevil :kdevil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:09 pm 
5. Willowhand

Location: Behind the tree, outside the window. Waving at you.
I dig this. :)

I'm gonna sit here and patiently wait for you to update. :kitty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:18 pm 
3. Flaming O

I am so glad you guys like/dig this, keep commenting it makes me very happy lol. So hope your all wonderfull entertained and not to annoyed at my grammar and spelling mistakes.

Chapter Four
LARP- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_actio ... aying_game

Tara spent the rest of the morning googling LARP-ing. No sleep for the wicked. Donny had explained it to her as people who dress up in character and physically act out either with symbolic weapons or real story line. From the information she gathered it booked like Buffy was the leader, the gamemaster. From what the web told her it looked to be a pervasive LARP which explained why the group treated her as part of the LARP. The monkey-bird, Tara really wished they had picked something cooler for her.

Tara wrote down a list of what she knew about the LARP:
1) They are vampires
2) Buffy is the Slayer, who kills vampires (?)
3) Anya is Xander ex and into vengeance
4) Magic Box – place of gathering
5) Patrolling is possible word for LARP.
6) Willow is beautiful

Tara although exhausted, felt a new thrill of energy realizing that Willow and rest weren’t crazy just amused by alternative games. That something she could live with, hell, its something that might even be fun. No one knew her here, she didn’t have any obligation to act normal. And of course than there was Willow. She admired a woman who did what she wanted, even if it was a little kooky.

Tara looked at the clock. Her first morning class started in fifteen minutes, Anthropology of Gender. She debated sleep versus class. The ideas of class were nothing new to her but a nice reminder of not being alone in her giant queer world. She was sad to miss the class sleep eventually one over. Tara stripped off her shirt and constricting bra, leaving her jeans on. There was something about being topless, that made her feel nicely butch. She loved the feeling. She crawled into bed, her hand laying across her warm tummy, and fell asleep instantly.
************ Mean While at the Magic Box ******************************

“And you say she just appeared out of nowhere?” Giles asked standing behind the counter.

“Yeah, kinda like a sneaky cat or something. Spike seemed to know more but…” Buffy paused awkwardly “ he had to leave.”

“I see.” Giles said curtly obviously disapproving of Spike. “And you said she called herself, a Monkey-Bird, but she looked human. That’s rather interesting you know.”

A sharp jingle rang across the room as Willow rushed in, throwing her backpack down and sitting within a single movement. “Morning!”

“And how many Mocca’s did you have this morning Miss. Psycho pep squad?”

“None, and hey!” Willow said looking mildly offended. “Cant a girl just be excited about life?”

Buffy looked over at Willow knowingly. “Mmmmhmmm, so who is the guy?”

Willow shrugged, “no new guy. Just all excited. It was nice to meet Tara last nice.”

“Yes, we were just discussing her actually before you popped in.” Giles answered while looking through some books.

Willow mumbled, “Cant a girl just be a little poppy without getting a pooh-pooh?”

Giles completely ignored Willow “You know it seems to me that, this girl, Tara, may be something called a Lark.”

“A Lark, that sounds interesting and mysterious!” Willow said giddily.

“Is she evil?” Buffy asked.

Willow smacked Buffy, “Tara is not evil! Right Giles? Tell her…” Willow said looking alarmed. She didn’t want Tara to be evil.

“Um, no. Not if she is a Lark. You may have been extremely rude in calling her a monkey-bird. However from her stealthy arrival and the use of the term, monkey-bird, it is likely that is a Lark. Listen here” Giles said reading from a book, “they are an ancient line of female warriors known for being stealthy. They originated from the 13th century line of totemic tribal worshipers known as the Kwan. Some females were thought to be mortal vessel of Raven Spirit, a Lark, and were given the responsibility of protecting and leading the Kwan. In the 16th century the Kwan were forced to flee with sole surviving Lark a young girl reported to be only eight. They fled to the Amazon base under the protection of a Witch from a tribe of the mono or monkey peoples. The witch and the last remaining Lark fell in love and through magic’s created a powerful leader, their Daughter and the last known LARK, Paz. There are no further references about Paz or any other Lark.”

“Neat.” Willow said with images of Amazon Babes running swinging through the jungle filling her mind.

“What is she doing here?” Buffy asked.

“I don’t know. Perhaps, she is on a mission or perhaps she just wants to go College.” Giles responded.

“Speaking of college, I am gonna late if I don’t get moving.”Buffy said lamely not moving from her perch on the counter top.

Willow glared at Buffy giving her the good old resolve face until Buffy moved.

Tara awoke late in the afternoon to hunger pains. She hadn’t eaten anything since yesterdays lunch. She quickly got up, and opted for a can of tuna instead of leaving the room. It was about the same quality as the cafeteria and this way, she didn’t have to put her clothes back on. Extra bonus.

She glanced at her answering machine hoping that perhaps Willow had called and left a message while she was sleeping. No such luck. She knew it still too soon to brood over it but she was starting to get a little antsy. It was so nice just walking home with Willow, she had forgotten all about the rest of the world and just become relaxed in the gentle walk home with the beautiful red head. It wasn’t something she was use to but it was something she was determined to have again.

Tara tapped a few keys on her lap top summoning it to life. So if Willow was into Larping, maybe it is something they could do get to know each other . Tara quickly googled monky-bird in hopes of coming up with some character ideas for her LARP character. If she was gonna do this, she was going to have a cool character. One that got all the girls. Or at lest one girl, Willow.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:16 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... I hope Willow and the Scoobies very soon tell Tara that they are not LARPing... and that Tara doesn't totally freak out...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:08 am 
2. Floating Rose

I like this. Update soon.... please

Willow: We can be there for Buffy and Dawn
Tara: We can be strong
Willow: Strong like an Amazon?
Tara: Like an Amazon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:46 pm 
3. Flaming O

Tara research turned up a few interesting results. There was a motorcycle gain in India who called themselves the monkey-birds, a bad mocumentary with a similar name, reference to a river system in south America and a taiji form. The river system and the taiji form sounded the most promising to her. Tara sat wiggling on her ball, tapping her pencil against her nose trying to come up with a LARP character sheet. As a child she studied multiple types of defence and martial arts taught by her mother, so that was easy to put down on the list. She wondered if her character should have magical powers? She giggled picturing herself running around yelling, “fire bolt, fire bolt”. She voted a big negative on the magic powers. It seemed that something like magic was something to be honoured not made fun of.

After twenty minutes of frustrated all she had for her characteristics of a monkey-bird was that she:
-knew martial arts
-carried brass knuckles(that she traded her discman for at a hostel, so she could protect herself more easily)
-came from a royal but long lost blood line.

The last one spoke deeply to her for some reason, maybe it was because she was adopted and that was her secret childhood fantasy. The only thing she really wanted was to find a cooler name than monkey-bird. The only interesting things about monkeys were that they were mischievous, something Tara could certainly identify with. And birds were amazing on two counts, because they could fly, and sing. So by Tara’s count she was a flying mischievous singing bad ass mother fucker. Tara dug it, too bad she couldn’t actually fly. And too bad she really wasn’t that much of a bad ass mother fucker. Tara sighed. Perhaps she could be a nice, charming, suave, witty, willow-fucker instead. Tara grinned. She liked that thought a lot.

But that still didn’t leave with a cooler name than monkey-bird. Tara sighed deeply and got up off her ball to look at her self in the mirror. She loved looking at her self topless in the mirror. It wasn’t because she was narcissistic per say but rather fascinated with how her body had turned out. Her stomach was nicely toned for her work on the farm, her breast wonderfully perky. Tara would never admit but her areolas color and shape fascinated her. She turned to side showing off her back profile revealing a large blue tattoo that spanned from shoulder to shoulder. It was of a condor, her mother’s favourite bird. She had gotten the condor tattooed to her the day of her mother’s funeral. It was a determined attempt to have a lifelong reminder of her mother’s love, the goodness she was taught and the things in life that gave it meaning. Tara looked down at the fraying carpet ashamed and saddened that she couldn’t remember her mothers voice sometimes.

She had temporarily considered using the identify of a condor instead of monkey-bird. She knew her mother would find it hilariously delightful but to Tara it was just to personal to share. She needed something just for herself.

Tara took a deep breath and put on a bra and lose fitting t-shirt. Time to face the world as an all powerful monkey-bird.

Tara stepped over her exercise ball and opened her dorm room door ready to face the world.

“Hi!” Said Deeter, he lived across the hall. His hand was poised as if were about to knock on the door.

“Hi” Tara answered kindly. “What’s up?”

“Oh, I was just wondering if you had eaten yet? I was gonna run down the espresso pump and get some grub. So I thought maybe, you would want to, too?” He asked a little nervously.

Tara hated situations like this. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to be friendly but she also didn’t have to give anyone the wrong impression either. It was a hard line to walk. So she smiled, “Actually, I was just about to refill my water and start my exercises” Tara said pointing to her ball sitting innocently in her room.

“Oh, I see. Gotta keep in shape!” Deeter said looking clearly disappointed.

“Thanks though, maybe another time.” Tara said quickly before walking towards the communal kitchen area to get some water.

She slammed her door irritated with herself that she just couldn’t say no and was now obligated to stay in her room a little longer. She looked longingly at the phone, still showing no calls.

Tara went to plop down on her ball in careless rush and landed on her ass, hitting her head against her desk. This was some type of Karma kicking her ass for not being honest with Deeter. Tara growled, sat up, and threw open her window. She grabbed her huge exercise ball and began to determinedly pound it through her small window opening.

“THAT REALLY HURT!” Tara said half angry, half giggling. She was just about to stop her madness when the ball finally popped right out the window landing on an innocent bystander.

Tara leaned out the window panicking, she prayed she hadn’t hurt anyone. “I am so sorry! Are you okay?”

Tara mouth dropped when she saw a confused Willow looking back up at her.

“Ball?” Was all Willow managed to say before started to laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:32 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

more..more :party

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:22 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I really hope Tara very soon becomes a nice, charming, suave, witty, willow-fucker...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:50 pm 
9. Gay Now

Instead she saw Spike flying through the air attacking a man in a business suite. Should she stop this? What if the man in the business suite deserved it? Maybe he slept with Spikes girlfriend or hit his mother?

Possibly my favorite line so far. Hilarious!

I enjoy that your Tara is not as unsure as most Tara's are pre-Willow. Good stuff.

It's definitely a different AU...Buffy and Willow still rooming together in school, but Xander and Anya already broken up after him leaving her at the altar. Interesting...

Also it was odd to me that the gang was so open to Tara immediately. Very cool, though. I think it's really funny that Tara thinks they are all crazy. I also like that Donny is not an ass. *grin*

Tara wrote down a list of what she knew about the LARP:
1) They are vampires
2) Buffy is the Slayer, who kills vampires (?)
3) Anya is Xander ex and into vengeance
4) Magic Box – place of gathering
5) Patrolling is possible word for LARP.
6) Willow is beautiful

#6 -- WONDERFUL :)

Ahh, Tara...you are in for a shock when you realize it is NOT a game.

And that everyone actually thinks she's a "monkey-bird"? So odd...yet amusing.

I am really enjoying this. Looking forward to more!

"Pope John Paul today confirmed his opposition to gay marriages, said they're unnatural. Gay marriage is unnatural. Then he put on a pointy hat, his dress, and returned to never having sex at all." -Bill Maher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:04 pm 
3. Flaming O

lol yeah! I am glad you commented and liked it dear Aimlet!

Um, yeah I admit its all pretty odd. So yeah odd. lol, just like me....

and Yeah, I have fancy plans for Anya and plus, i pretty well hate Xander.

and more to come soon! :)