The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Coming Back
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:38 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey there. This is a wonderful story and I am very happy to see that you revived it! I am not sure what is "old content" or "new" since it has been so long since I last read it, but great job and I am really looking forward to more. I always love stories were W&T rediscover each other.

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."
Michael Cunningham, The Hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:38 pm 
5. Willowhand

This fic is sooo good, you have no idea. I'm really thankful that you're continuing this story, I reread the last part last night and again it brought tears to my eyes. When Willow started to cry when she and Tara kissed, I was crying right along with her. The intensity of this chapter is just so overwhelming, the heart-ache and the want, it just sucks me, the reader, right into the middle of the story. I simply love it.

Another line that had me ROFL:
Quote:
"It's not your birthday either. Yesterday was your birthday. It's time to take your crown off." Replied Buffy.

One little side note though, and I know you wrote these parts a long time ago when Buffy was still fresh on our minds and in our short-term memories, but for Willow to remember exact words being said in a very short conversation so many years ago, she's either extremely brilliant and gifted with a photographic memory (well duh RT, we KNOW that!), or the writer tried to use reference points from the show, to let the reader connect more to the story, but sadly it didn't really work out that well IMO...

I'm talking about this:
Quote:
"Oh no, you didn't say anything wrong. I just remembered this one time we were... um, flirting and I was talking about my, um, my ... this is hard because what followed was really ugly but um ... I was talking about my high school life and my geek infested roots and you said ... 'geek infested roots? Are you are trying to turn me on?' You looked really cute and I said, 'I have to try now?' and then I just had to kiss you, even though we were walking up the stairs of the Bronze, a bar and it was incredibly crowded. Usually, we were pretty private with the kissing and stuff. People can be obnoxious, you know."

And it's too bad, because if Willow had just described the situation, remembered something more vaguely about "roots" and flirting perhaps, maybe a little more warped because she of course probably saw the situation in the Bronze in a whole different light (feeling righteous of her actions of trying to find Dawn by using magic and upset about the ensuing fight), I wouldn't have bat an eye, 'cause she couldn't possibly have remembered the situation so objectively (like we do, the viewers of the show, the state in which you probably wrote this scene at the time)... Get what I'm saying?

I hope you're not offended, but this kinda grated on me, while this story deserves nothing but love!!! To me it felt like a little spilled speck of red wine on a beautiful pearly white silk table cloth! :D

And I'm only commenting on it now, because we, as an audience and W/T supporters, have evolved along with the Willow of this story. Some things you forget as time passes and some things will stick with you forever. I cannot quote all of what W/T said on the show from the top of my head anymore, but for example I can still vividly remember images of them kissing (Entropy) and those memories will last forever.

Eh, but maybe I'm rambling on too much about nothing (which is a definite sign that I care!!) and you specifically put Willow's detailed memories in the story to have a sort of counterbalance to Tara's memory loss. If that's the case, consider this post unwritten :whistle... :p

P.s: I'm patiently awaiting more kissing goodness. Maybe even a bit of first base? Teehee!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:53 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Your getting closer to where you left off!!!!!................I can't hardly wait :pinky :banana :eatme :bounce :dance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:17 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I have been waiting so many years for this story to continue so I am thrilled to see that you have decided to continue.....having said that, :gnome when can we get to the new stuff???

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:41 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hey

I am absolutely loving this story, it's beautifully written, and I'm intrigued to see where it's going, I can't wait for the next update.

More Please!!!! :pray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:21 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hi Everyone, :wave
A few quick replies and then on to the update. :kgeek

pipsberg
– Thank you. This is the last post of “old” content. The update after this will be new we hope you enjoy it.

Rocktoddy - Thanks for the comments. You make a point but the term "geek infested root" does tend to stick out :)
I hope that as the story goes on, you will find a nice candlestick to cover the spot of red wine on the tablecloth
Because at this point, we are not going to change it. Thanks for your sincere comment, really.

whatmakesyouhappy, mezz & shyamberlover – Thank you all and not much longer to wait, beginning of the new part should be up by this weekend.
[hr]
[center]Coming Back [/center]

Update - 12/7/07

"Come on, you are totally lying," laughed a resisting Tara. She and Willow had been sitting across from each other in a booth at her favorite diner. The breakfast rush was almost over and the waitresses were preparing for the lunch crowd. Most of the remaining customers had buried their noses in newspapers but Tara and Willow had spent the last hour laughing and nursing their coffees.

"We so had to. Really, I'm serious. Swear words were foreign to you."

"Come on, stop it," protested a laughing, red-faced Tara. "That is just pitiful. You know, I think I'm laughing this hard because it's pathetic. I mean, what red-blooded American college student can't cuss like a sailor. I don't remember college or even, oh, say my name, but I can swear up a storm. Come on, be honest, I really couldn't swear?"

"Nope, I wouldn't lie to you. I mean, yes, you knew the words but they weren't natural to you. Kind of like when you hear someone with a thick southern accent read Shakespeare."

Hiding her face behind her hands, Tara said, "I can't believe how naïve I was. It really is embarrassing." Looking up, her curiosity getting the best of her, Tara asked, "So tell me, you swearing guru you, how did you teach me?"

With false sincerity, Willow gravely shook her head. "Very unsuccessfully at first. During group conversations, I would lean over and whisper things that you could hypothetically say." Willow read Tara's suspicious look and quickly confessed. "Okay, I admit it, it was just so that I could whisper naughty things in your ear. And it was as much your fault as mine because you pretended to be all innocent. It was the spicy talk that we had to work on."

"Spicy talk?" asked a seemingly confused Tara.

"Yeah, spicy talk." Seeing the need for further explanation, Willow braved on. "You know, um, spicy talk," she began to stutter; "you know, um, bedroom talk. Um, you know um... dirty talk." Willow began to focus her attention on the salt shaker that she had unconsciously picked up. She avoided looking up until she heard stifled laughter. At that point, she noticed Tara's failing attempt to keep a straight face. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe you just did that to me. I can not believe you played me like that."

Tara started to openly laugh, tears reaching her eyes, "I'm sorry Willow, it was just so easy. You actually tried to teach me to swear and you can't even explain spicy talk. No wonder I was such a bad student, when my teacher can't even describe it." She tried to take a breath to calm her laughter and sober up. When she saw Willow's face begin to form a pout, Tara reached across the table with concern and touched Willow's hand. "I'm sorry; I didn't mean to embarrass you."

Willow shook her head and looked at Tara. "I'm not mad at you. I am mad at me. I should have considered that you could still play the innocent act to a 't'. You used to get me all the time with that routine. Heck, you used to get everyone with that routine."

"Really? You know what? I bet I would have let you off the hook quickly. I can never keep from laughing that long." Tara smiled across the table and paused thoughtfully before she asked, "Did I always have that trouble?"

"Sometimes you could keep from laughing. Sometimes, you couldn't. Some things don't change, Baby," said Willow suddenly conscious of using the once automatic term of endearment. "Uh, oh I mean Taaa, I mean Terrr..."

"Sshhh, Will, it's okay." Squeezing Willow's hand, Tara continued. "You can call me that, actually I kind of like it. Did we do that often? Use pet names?"

"Yeah, we did." said Willow remembering.

"Always Baby or were there others?" asked Tara.

"Well, Baby was a favorite of mine, for sure, but there was also Darling, Sweetie, Honey and, um, well, sometimes Vixen," said Willow playfully wiggling her eyebrows. The embarrassment was over; she was feeling confident, in charge of her responses.

"After some of the stories from last night, I think we both earned that one," said Tara. The two grinned at each other, feeling confident in their bold flirting but still unsure where to take it. Tara, feeling the uncharacteristic need to fill the silence with something, shifted the conversation. "So, um, anyway, we were going to talk about your faith, about my old faith, Wicca."

"Yeah, we did earn that title. So, Wicca." Willow paused and furrowed her brows as she considered her next words. "This is strange for me and I am not really sure where to start. I mean you were my teacher. When we met, I already had a basic knowledge of Wicca, or thought I did. I had already studied the fundamentals of it. I just didn't understand their true meaning."

"And what is the basic rule?"

"'An ye harm none, do what ye will'. It’s about balance, caring for creation as we are cared for by creation." Willow let that statement hang in the air.

After a few moments of careful consideration, Tara responded. "Like 'Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’ There is the importance of loving your neighbor but also loving yourself, caring for the world around you and also yourself. You can't lose yourself in the equation."

Willow thought of the past, of the different times they had each lost themselves even while they were still together. There were the times when she had watched her girlfriend walk on eggshells to please everyone else without ever standing up for herself. And as for herself, for the last five years, she hadn't so much lost herself, as she had ignored herself by burying deeper into her work. "You’re right, you can't, you shouldn’t. It is the same in Wicca. The harm none means everyone, including yourself."

"Okay so let me ask you this. The majority of Christian churches have stopped using the archaic English language for more modern translations. Why does Wicca use words like 'ye'?" Tara leaned her elbows on the table and look expectantly at Willow.

"It really is a preference thing. Like how some churches still do use the older forms of English. It may sound silly but for me, it just feels more traditional and connected to the past. It just feels more substantial. It’s just language but it makes me consider more."

"That makes sense. Heck, there are still some Catholic services that preach in Latin. Who speaks Latin anymore?"

"Oh, you would be surprised when it comes in handy," answered Willow. Remembering the hours, she and Tara used to spend translating Latin. "You used to be able to read Latin."

"Really? I just get more and more impressed by me." Tara shook her head as she digested more information about herself. She wondered how she could have forgotten so much. It wasn't just people learning so she pushed Willow for more. "Okay, back to Wicca. I am a blank slate. Educate me ... please."

"Okay, here goes. The Judeo/Christian faiths believe in one God. Well, Christians believe in that whole three in one God that I never got when I used visit my friends’ churches as a kid. I understand it a little bit more now. Anyway, Wicca is centered on a reverence for nature and a belief in a God and a Goddess. Many people who practice Wicca also believe in many different deities, or aspects of the God & the Goddess each having a different purpose."

"Many people, not all?"

"No, Wicca is not institutionalized like Christianity so there are different beliefs. Well, I guess it is probably the same thing with churches." Seeing Tara nod, Willow started to continue but was stopped by another question from Tara.

"Okay, so do you believe in many different God's?" Watching as Willow nods her head, Tara asks. "Did I believe that too?"

"Yes, you did."

"In some ways, I still do." Answered Tara, quickly continuing so as not to give Willow any false hope. "At my church, well not really my church because I never have joined it, but the church I attend. The focus is on the different persons of God. Not the persons as in human people but the way that they relate to us. Like you said earlier; the trinity, the belief in God as three in one, The Creator, the Savior and the Holy Spirit."

"The Creator?"

"Yup, God. I refer to God as the Creator instead of the father. It is a concept that I relate to. I mean, I don't remember what it feels like to have a father. And in my church, we are careful about not letting language limit God. I mean, if you only call God father then uh, you start to imagine a God that can only do the things a man can do and uh, hello, men aren't all that!"

"Won't disagree with that." smiled Willow.

On a roll, Tara continued. "Language just restricts God. Names and titles, limit God. I like to use different words for God. So you might pray to Mother Nature for example..."

"Well, we call her Gaia."

"Oh, okay. You might pray to Gaia and on a specific day, I might pray to Mother God, focusing on the aspects of God that I personally would attribute most to a mother. But God shouldn’t be limited to having only male, female or even human traits." Tara halted her conversation and looked apologetically at Willow. "I'm sorry. You were telling me about Wicca."

"Actually, in many ways, you were just telling me about Wicca." Replied Willow.

"Really, that’s cool."

"Yes, it is very cool. I can understand now why you would be interested in this church. The old you would have probably been comfortable in it. You wouldn't join it but you would’ve been interested in it."

"Will, I haven't joined it now. It fits me, just a little. It is a place of comfort. It allows me the freedom to focus but I am still searching for that thing that truly fits. That's why I am so interested in learning more."

"Good." Willow breathed a sigh of relief. "I have to admit that when you first started talking about church, I was afraid that you were going to start quoting scripture and try to convert me."

"I promise, no quoting. Now, if you end up getting splashed with water in the middle of the night, pay no attention, it might just be a little baptism." Teased Tara.

Both women shared a laugh and continued to enjoy the conversation much to the displeasure of the waitress who had to keep refilling their coffees.

[hr]

"When I get a hold of them, they are going to be in so much trouble. I am going to so let them have it. I can't believe they didn't have me fly in right away. No, that would be giving me some credit and they would rather choke than give old Anya credit. Who the hell do they think I am?"

The former vengeance demon, now normal human, successful businesswoman, and the treasurer of the Sunnydale Rotary Club fumed as she dangerously and erratically shifted lanes.

"They never gave me any credit and they still don't. They never noticed that I was the one who got her talking to begin with. They never bothered to ask her any questions. I just had to ask a few pointed questions. They never even paid any attention to her until they needed someone to help cook and keep their house clean. And Willow, Willow, she was just a breast girl and Tara, she had some boobs. I wonder if she still does?"

Anya stopped ranting aloud for a moment to reflect on her friendship with Tara. She knew that anyone else driving by might think she was crazy for talking to herself so adamantly in the car but she also knew she had to get it out of her system before she saw her so-called friends. So, at the risk of looking insane, she continued to rant.

"I didn't care about her body or her pancakes. I even ate the ones that looked like a damn cat with long ears. Why? Why? Because I was a friend! Did Buffy feed her applesauce when Glory stole her mind? No, she was too busy being devastated and all catatonic over Dawn disappearing. Who took care of her when Willow went all traipsing through Buffy's head? Not kidnapped Dawn, no, she was too busy being kidnapped. No, none of them. It was me. Always. Me!"

Anya gripped the steering wheel even harder and pressed down on the gas peddle even harder. "Stupid rent-a-car doesn't even accelerate properly." She continued to speed through the traffic as she ranted on. "Who was it who she talked to when she found out all the things Willow did? It was me. Everyone else was too into waiting for Buffy to quit pouting about the whole 'oh poor me, I’m not in heaven' thing. I was the one who she talked to when she was worried. I didn't see anyone else talking to her about her problems. Everyone else just let her take care of them."

Anya momentarily ran out of rant material. She remembered her shy friend. The woman who let too many people take her for granted. She remembered how Tara had tried to hide in the shadows. The shy blond rarely stood up for herself with the group and never demanded the attention that she deserved. The dynamics among the scoobies was dysfunctional at best. Everyone had their own attention grabbing devices, but not Tara. She never tried to stand out. If Anya hadn't witnessed the beginning of a fight between Willow and Tara the night before, she would never have known to check on her friend that fateful afternoon.

"She swore that she could make it a month," whispered Tara as they huddled over a table in the magic shop. They were waiting for their respective lovers to come so the meeting could start. They both knew their roles. The meeting would go on whether they were there or not but if Xander or Willow were not there, the meeting would wait. It was a fact that both of their lovers would deny but they knew the truth and they were okay with it. At least they had each other; they had a bond, an understanding. They kept an eye on each other and later, after the meeting, would subtly see to each other’s wounds. Sometimes, Anya was the one who attacked Tara but it was never personal, just her nature. Tara understood and never held it against her later. Now they were checking in with each other again. Trying not to be obvious, they put there heads together and began to thumb wrestle. "I told her that if she could stop for a week, she would show me that she is in control of the magic."

"Do you believe her? Do you think that she can control the magic? That she can stop?" Anya pushed as she attempted to pin Tara's thumb from behind. Anya knew that the chance of Willow stopping magic completely, no matter how much she loved Tara was slim and she wanted to make sure her friend understood this.

Angling out Anya's move and countering, Tara responded. "I want to. I really do but I don't know. It's not something you can just give up. Especially, if you have become so dependent on it, for her, it’s like second nature and she doesn't see that it is wrong. She still doesn't understand. She thinks I am just too uptight. This feels like one of those after school TV specials that they used to show on ABC... Oops, you probably don't know what those are?"

"Oh, no, I remember them. Once, I actually put an up-and-coming young actor in a contract for three after school specials to punish him for cheating on his high school sweetheart. It ruined his career but I still see him every once in a while doing paper towel commercials."

Tara smiled at her friend’s creative vengeance but then her thoughts turned back to her troubled relationship. "Well, I just don't think anyone else other than Giles really thinks there is a problem."

"Yeah, he does seem to be disturbed by it.” Anya stopped, and for one of the rare times, carefully considered her next question. "Do you think she believes that you will leave her if she doesn't stop?"

"Anya, I don't know if I believe that I will leave." As she made her confession, she also twisted her hand high enough to pin Anya's thumb with her own. "I don't know if I can. She's my life."

"No, Tara, she is not your life. And if she has become your life, then she is to you, what magic is to her. And that is just as unhealthy." Anya made her points as they crossed thumbs to begin another match. "And I know I shouldn't talk I am not you. You have school. You have a career to work towards. You have so much. I am meant for one of two things, life as the loving and supportive wife of Xander Harris or a return to my roots as a vengeance demon.

Tara stopped the thumb-wrestling match and covered Anya's hand with her free hand. "Anya, you have so much more to offer the world. You can do anything you want. I know you can."

Anya heard what her friend said. She felt a lump in her throat and tried to swallow it down. She wasn't used to the affection that Tara gave her. She wasn't used to the absolute kindness for no reason and she didn't know how to handle it. "Hey, you can't interfere with the match like that. Let go and fight fair."

Understanding and smiling, Tara squeezed Anya's hand before she continued the match. "I don't know what I'm going to do. I am hoping I’m wrong. I hope Willow loves me enough to quit."

"It’s not about loving you enough. You know that, you've seen this before. I know you have." Responded Anya. Before her friend could answer, their respective partners arrived and the events of the afternoon changed things forever.

Anya looked at the directions again to make sure she didn't miss the turn. She wanted to hang on to her anger because it was an emotion she could deal with better. The truth was that she was scared and she didn't know what to do. She didn't know what to expect and felt very alone. With Tara as a friend, she had begun to understand what it was like to be a friend. She remembered how hurt she was after Tara disappeared. She was scared because Tara was the one person who had never written her off. What if this new person, Terri didn't want her in her life? Or worst yet, what if she cast her spell and saw that Tara had forgotten them on purpose. She had dealt with rejection in her life. Her heart still stung from Xander's rejection but she had survived. She knew there was always one person who accepted her. Now, this stranger was going to have that opportunity to reject her. It was frightening but she had to take that risk and see her friend again.
[hr]
"Uh, I know we’re not far from home but I um, I um really need to use the bathroom. I mean, like right now. I shouldn’t have had that fourth cup of coffee let alone that fifth cup. Xander…

“Xander?” queried Tara.

“My friend Xander, well he was your friend too, anyway, he used to always tease me about having such a tiny bladder. Well, I think it’s about to explode. I am so sorry, I don’t mean to be a pain."

"Will, shhhhh, it’s okay. We’ll stop." Tara couldn’t help but giggle at Willow’s bladder babble.

"I’m sorry, it’s just if I keep talking, I won’t think about how much I have to go to the bathroom." Noticing Tara’s doubtful smirk, Willow continued, "Well, maybe it doesn’t work like that but I can’t seem to shut up." Willow suddenly stopped talking as Tara took a quick left hand turn across traffic, nearly missing another car. "Whoa, sudden turns are not a good idea and I don’t mean to be telling you what to do or doubting your knowledge of this town, not to mention interesting driving skills, but why are we going down this street? None of these stores are open and there was a Burger King right up the block?"

Willow was even more puzzled when Tara stopped the car in front of what appeared to be a closed, old fashion pharmacy. She was even more puzzled when Tara got out of the car and waved her out also. "Come on, this is where I work and I have the key and can guarantee no line for a spotless bathroom."

Tara opened the shop door and Willow tried to take in the surroundings but she was too focused on the bathroom door that was at the back of the shop. As promised, the tiny bathroom was spotless. The room had no windows and was lit by a bare light bulb that hung from the ceiling. Afterwards, while Willow stood washing her hands, she gazed into the old mirror that was blurred around the edges. She looked at the woman who gazed back at her and at that moment, she felt extremely divided. There was a part of her that was so happy to be back with Tara, even if they were not together. It was that part that had awoken the day they touched hands in the laundry room, the part of her that had rejoiced after spending her first days and nights with Tara. It was the part that had remained silent when her friends had rejoiced and complained about their relationships.

Willow intently folded and packed her cloths. It was the last day the Sunnydale University students could be in their rooms before summer break. She focused on her packing and did not notice that Buffy was having a hard time finding the words to begin a long overdue conversation.

Finally, the sound of packing was broken by an awkward Buffy. "So, um, things with you and Tara are ummm good?"

Willow turned, startled but happy to hear her red-faced friend ask. "Yeah, things are amazing." It was a word that for Willow did not give justice to how things were with her and Tara. Things were beyond description and she was bursting to share, to tell how wonderful she felt about their relationship. She was so grateful that after the couple of silent weeks, that followed her coming out, Buffy was finally ready to talk about her and Tara. It had felt like an eternity.

"Amazing huh?" Buffy was struck dumb, not knowing what else to say. Before, when Willow was with Oz and said things were good. That is all she had to say and Buffy would understand. One word seemed to say it all but now; one word seemed to be filled with mystery. Willow didn’t know what to say and Buffy didn’t know what to ask.

For Buffy, her best friend had always needed her. They were like sisters who could share so much. They could talk about how strange guys were and what kind of problems they were having. They didn’t have any other really close friends except Xander and Giles. They didn’t need them. They had each other. Now, Willow was involved with a woman who she obviously was very intimate with, on all levels. Buffy wondered if she was still needed.

For Willow, she took a good look at her friend and for the first time in a long time didn’t feel insecure. This time, she was able to see that Buffy´s anxiety was not about her new relationship as much as it was about their friendship. She saw how her friend was trying to reconnect and understand her. Willow didn’t know what to say or how to start but she knew that she had to share some of the changes in her life with Buffy.

"Yes, things are great, Buffy. They are different of course. I mean not just physically. That’s beyond description. But well, um, emotionally things are so different. I mean in the way we talk, the things we talk about. I don’t feel like I have to guard anything. With Oz, I always felt, no matter how much I loved him there was still something I had to guard."

"Well, I think I can understand that. With Riley, no matter how honest I am with him, there is still a part that I don’t dare share."

"Yeah, exactly. Well, with Tara, I have to share it. I don’t have any choice; it is just natural. It just comes out."

"Wow, that sounds pretty intense. Does it scare you?"

Willow sat down on her bed, forgetting about the packing as Buffy sat down beside her. They spent the rest of the day talking, ignoring all that they had to pack. They ended up being fined for not getting out of the room on time but it was worth it. No great answers were found through the conversation but a friendship was strengthened. They were moving forward in their friendship and it was wonderful. It was the first time Willow had let the part of her that had existed just between her and Tara out in the open with someone else.

[hr]
"Photographs and memories. All the love you gave to me.
Somehow it just can't be true. That's all I’ve left of you." ~ Jim Croce

Post subject: Re: Coming Back - Updated 12/7/07
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:15 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 1
Hi guys!

I've been reading this from the beginning but this is the first time I've left fb. I love stories where Willow and Tara get together again in the Scooby world. I'm really enjoying Terri's (Tara's) odyssey in finding out about her past. I found her conversation with Anya to be remarkable, especially this sentence:
Quote:
"No, Tara, she is not your life. And if she has become your life, then she is to you, what magic is to her. And that is just as unhealthy."
Wow. Your Anya is amazing. Watching the show, I always thought she had an uncanny sense of things, and your character is no different. I'm excited for the next update.

Thanks!

Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:05 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

New chapters I CAN'T WAIT :pinky i CAN'T WAIT :bounce I CAN'T WAIT :dance but I guess I'll have to . this is for bring this fic back :bigkiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:56 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Tara the Phoenix: Thank you for your comments. We also always thought that Anya had an uncanny (& possibly under-appreciated) ability to see things as they are and of course say so.

Whatmakesyouhappy: Thank you for your comment and here’s the next update.

:kgeek - Yes, this is the start of the new part. :wtkiss

[hr]

[center]Coming Back[/center]

New Update - 12/9/07

If only things had stayed as they had that first conversation with Buffy. Her first summer with Tara was so perfect. Days between Tara’s summer classes were filled with long walks, afternoons at the park or the beach, studying and hanging out. Their evenings were spent with the gang at the Bronze and then patrolling. Sometimes they would slip away and star gaze. It was a wonderful and innocent time, even if they were battling vampires and demons. But those innocent times didn’t last. Glory came and in the midst of the attacks, Willow began to explore more powerful magicks to, possibly defeat the evil goddess. Her love and passion for Tara grew but so did the hunger to know more about magick, powerful magick. Then life kicked in. Joyce died and soon afterwards, Glory attacked Tara and she resorted to dark magick to rescue her. She felt powerful in all she did. She felt powerful in her relationship with Tara, she felt powerful as she patrolled and took out demons. She even was able to bring Buffy back from the dead. But bringing her friend back was not enough. She wasn’t willing to give up the control that she felt magick gave her. Soon, everything was out of control. She was consumed and she knew deep within her that part still lurked, that part of her that had manipulated and hurt Tara. It was that part that she saw whenever she looked in a mirror, she didn’t want to ever let that part out.

Willow didn’t hear the door open but she felt the hand on her arm and the soft questioning voice of Tara. "It’s been five minutes since you started washing your hands. Not that I was counting, I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Tara didn’t mention how many times she had started to open the door before she finally did. She didn’t quite understand why she didn’t just knock on the door. Maybe she needed to see Willow's reaction before putting the mask back on. Seeing no resistance from Willow for her entrance or her touch, Tara reached over and turned off the water. She too began to look into the mirror. "What do you see?"

"I see you."

"No, not now. What were you looking at? What were you seeing or looking for?"

“I was looking for the college freshman who thought she could save the world and live happily ever after with the love of her life."

"And what did you see?"

"I saw me, a tired, lost woman who is scared to be whole again." Willow knew that she was being vague but at that moment, it was all she knew how to be.

Tara thought over Willow's statement and then slowly responded. "I think I understand, a little."

"Really?"

"Yes, I don’t want to turn this to me. I want to know about you but you should know that I have had the option to try some experimental drugs and other types of therapies to restore my memory. I haven’t done it because I’ve been afraid; afraid to find out more and afraid to lose what I have." Tara smirked at her refection and shrugged. "Does that bother you, that I have the option to possibly get my memory back, to maybe bring back all my memories and feelings and yet I haven't even tried?"

Willow turned to look at Tara and saw the woman who inspired her to hope. Who inspired her to love and she felt herself steel inside. She would never allow that dark, controlling hunger to come out again. She leaned over, brushed some stray hairs from her inspiration’s eyes and smiled. "No, but maybe together, we can help each other be whole again. One step at a time."

"Sounds good. How about we take the first step by letting me give you a tour of Ye Ole Herb Shop? Can you imagine a more trite name?"

"Actually no," laughed Willow. She took Tara's arm and they stepped back into the store.

Dawn sat out on the porch and watched the cars pass. Her thoughts were jumping around in her head so quickly she could not really keep track of them. One second she was remembering the tender kisses and touches she had shared with Dave the night before. She still felt the tingle of his whiskers that had grown thicker through the night. He was so gentle and kind and she was very attracted to him. They had mostly talked that night and morning, sharing more stories than kisses. It was that sweet early getting to know you portion of the relationship.

As wonderful as the progressing relationship was, it didn’t hold all her attention. Dawn’s mind drifted to the image of Tara and Willow from last night asleep in each other’s arms. The sight of them together reminded her that even in a world where her sister and mother died and her father stopped caring there was love. Love could survive. She remembered how shortly after Buffy had died, she would wake up feeling all alone. She would get up and wander around the house. Willow and Tara always kept their door open in order to hear her if she woke up from a bad dream. Sometimes, she would slip in and watch them sleep. Willow was always lying on her back, with her arm around Tara as if she was ready to deflect and protect her from anything that could come her way. Tara would keep her head on Willow’s chest, near her heart, as if she was listening and monitoring her girlfriend. Keeping it whole and she would have her arm across Willow, protecting her from the world. There was such love and it was expressed in how they cared for each other even in their sleep. This sight was one of the few comforts she had. They reminded her that love continued. On the nights when her pain was especially raw, Tara seemed to know. Slowly, so as not to wake Willow or startle Dawn, Tara would roll on her back, pull back the covers and invite her in. Tara would offer her arm and shoulder and let Dawn cry herself to sleep. The sight of Willow and Tara sleeping last night reminded her of the safety she had found with the two women who had sacrificed so much to provide a safe place for the high school student to live.

In another way, Dawn felt as if she was witnessing something brand new. She saw it in how Tara and Willow rolled into each other’s arms, equally hanging on to each other. Her friends were finding their way back to each other and she rejoiced that this time, she was there to witness it. The last time, no one knew how to explain their relationship to her. They were all so heterocentric and thought that it would be hard for the teenager to understand. They were so wrong. Dawn knew that the two women were in love and that they were meant to be together. She loved watching how they cared for each other; it warmed her heart.

Even as she tried to savor the memory of her friends’ reunion, Dawn searched the street for Anya’s car. She was looking forward to seeing the ex-vengeance demon. At first, without saying, they mutually avoided each other but after Tara had disappeared, they became closer. Anya appointed herself Dawn’s protector in respect for her missing friend. The court appointed social worker in charge of monitoring the Summers’ home had nothing on Anya. She began to check in on the household at odd times to make sure everything was okay. Willow was burying herself in schoolwork and searching databases for any signs of Tara. Buffy continued to work at the Doublemeat, searched for a more savory job and maintained her patrols. She was doing the best she could and Dawn knew her sister was committed to her. She knew she was loved but still, Dawn had a lot of time on her hands, especially at night and instead of doing her homework, she began hanging out with friends.

Often the house was empty and the refrigerator wasn’t much better. The Tara-less house was depressing and Anya felt that she had to do something. She remembered Tara’s concern for Dawn’s health and diet. She could not be a surrogate Tara but she could shop. So Anya began to fill refrigerator with healthy food; she bought every type of green vegetable she could. Dawn didn’t understand Anya’s newfound interest in her. She was in too much pain to really notice the food and Anya saw that the vegetables and fruits where going uneaten. Realize that buying food was not enough, she began preparing dinners that would give a nutritionist joy. Anya would not leave until Dawn had cleaned her plate no matter how she argued. Anya turned into a Stepford Mom, and suddenly Dawn found herself with her lunch packed each morning and a good dinner each night. She rolled her eyes at this treatment but she also felt loved in an odd way. Anya would never replace Tara but she offered her love and care and for that, Dawn was grateful.
[hr]

Anya pulled into a parking place in front of the house that was Tara shared with two other women; she searched her notes to remember what their names were – Julie and Betsy. She saw Dawn sitting on the porch. “Okay, Anya, go in, be polite, try not to be demanding. These people do not owe you anything and the world does not revolve around you. Be patient, be human, be kind. Be patient, be human, be kind.” She continued to repeat her little mantra. It was a technique she had picked up from Tara. One day, she caught Tara outside of the magic shop doing the same thing. It was shortly after her 20th birthday. Tara’s mantra was, “Be confident, be confident, be confident.” She repeated it over and over. Tara had no idea that the former vengeance demon was watching. She thought back to that day, it was significant because that day, they began to become real friends.

“Why are you talking to yourself?” Anya asked the shy blond who was pacing outside of the Magic Box.

Tara looked up, surprised and very embarrassed. “Uhhhh, ummmmm. Iiiiii wassssn’t talking to myself. Wellll, I wassss a-a-ctually jjjust preparing myself to go in.” Tara looked at Anya hoping that her answer was sufficient but she could see by Anya’s puzzled look on her face, it was not. “IIII jjjjust don’t want to embarrass Wi-wi-willow so I try to… um… prepare to go in. I’m not usssed to being in groups. You know, they say confidence is all in your hhhead and so issss st-stu-stuttering.” Tara paused, took a deep breath and intentionally, clearly said, “I just don’t want her to regret being with me or be embarrassed by me.”

“So you talk to yourself?” Anya densely asked.

“Noooo,” Tara stopped again, took a deep breath and said, “I just remind myself that I don’t have to be nervous. I don’t have to be afraid. I don’t have to be invisible.”

“You thought you had to be invisible?” asked Anya.

“I always thought I had to be quiet, not to bother anyone, stay out of everyone’s way. I always assumed that I was only a burden and an annoyance.”

“What changed?”

“Willow. She loves me, she even likes me.”

Shifting her head to the side to get a better look at the woman, Anya asked, “Does it work?”

Laughing at herself, Tara honestly answered this woman who usually frightened her. “Not really, but that’s because I get so nervous I forget what I was saying. I keep trying. They say it’s all in your head.”

”Well, why aren’t you stuttering now?”

“I guess I’m not afraid of you.” Unsure whether that was the response she was looking for Tara went on. “Is that okay with you?”

“Yes, I guess. I mean, I am not in the vengeance business anymore, and we don’t do business together, and you are not interested in Xander.” Anya continued to consider the benefits of having Tara around. “And you keep Willow busy, and you are not an original Scooby. I think it is to our benefit to be friends. Yes, I think we should consider ourselves the Scooby support squad, the outsiders. We will be friends. I can be a friend. After all, I was the one who realized that you were not a demon before everyone else. I asked your father what kind of demon you were and he could not answer. I can be a friend. So yes, lets be friends?”

Taking Anya’s outstretched hand, Tara agreed, “Yes, friends.”

They were silent for a moment and then Anya looked at Tara and asked, “So, since it appears I am going to be human, I guess I need to learn some of the things that will help me fit in. Do you think if I had a mantra, it might help? Xander has told me that I need to be a little more polite, a little more patient and a little kinder and not say everything I am thinking. Maybe I will try this mantra thing.”

That was how they became friends, supporting each other when they were left out of the tight group of friends. They watched out for each other. And what started out as a friendship out of necessity because of the Scoobies, became a friendship out of choice. They genuinely appreciated each other. Anya helped Tara to be more confident and Tara help Anya to be more human. When Tara was feeling insecure, she tended to slip into the background and when Anya was feeling insecure, she tended to become defensive and mean. They helped each other become a little more balanced. The lessons she learned from her friend continued that day. “Be kind, be human, be patient.” Anya repeated her mantra as she walked into Dawn’s waiting hug and then without words, the two went into the house. The young woman’s friendship is another thing she credited to her friendship with Tara. Now was the time to get her back.
[hr]

“I just want to walk with you, wander out in the dark with you. To unfamiliar places, through the shadows on our faces. . I'm gonna find you now” ~ Catie Curtis

Post subject: Re: Coming Back - 12/9/07 - The new part starts.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:59 pm 
8. Vixen

DIBS!! :thud

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:30 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

The only bad thing about having such a good update like that one is............I just want to read more!!!!! :lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:08 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Nice update. Can't wait for more. I've often thought of which direction you would take this story. I am very much hoping that Willow and Tara will become intimate before Tara gets her memory back(if at all). I love the thought of them having a first time again. I felt kind of robbed in Tabula Rasa when they both discovered their memories before they could naturally connect. I will keep my fingers crossed but I know I will enjoy whatever you write. :wtkiss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:35 am 
19. Yummy Face

Great update-y goodness...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:00 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Oh how wonderful to see new updates to this story. I like the way you're using the new updates to fill in character development. There's the relationship between Dawn and W/T, Anya and Tara, Anya and Dawn, and Buffy and Willow. It all adds depth and texture and makes me feel you have much more planned. Well done.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:19 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

:x great stuff! :x *dreamy*

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:22 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Count me as one of the many who are happy to see this story continued. I remember this being one of my favorites back in the day and it's just wonderful to see that it's been revived. (And great idea reintroducing the story with some older, edited posts.) Like others have probably done with many other incomplete stories on Pens, I've spent quite a bit of time over the last few years wondering about how this story would end, never expecting that you'd come back to finish up - I'm happy to say that so far, it's better than what I had dreamed up. Bravo!

I really am enjoying the different character studies, and how you're using the past to inform who each of these characters are in the present in a pretty organic way. It's great to get some depth to Dawn and Anya; very moving to see that their relationship developed after Tara disappeared. Like all of your other readers, I fear for what will happen once Tara learns more about Willow's magic use, as well as what will happen if she regains her memory. It's such a delicate situation - there is definitely no neat, tidy way to get everything out in the open without some misunderstandings and hurt feelings, and I'm eager to see how you handle it!

Finally, a note about the fact that you're finishing this story together as the newly nicked anon-bethany. I was really touched to see that this tale brought you guys together, and that now you're coming back (no pun intended) to finish it up so you can move on to the next stage in your life. I think that's just wonderful and inspiring, and know that you have at least one little reader's full support in this endeavor (even if it takes longer than you originally anticipated). Thank you once again for reviving this great story, I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:49 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

This is a really good story .... I just finished reading what you've written so far and I must say I've enjoyed it tremendously. The Tara character is quite interesting and Willow's reaction has been spot on.

Keep up the great writing! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:54 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hi all, :wave HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
First some replies and then on to the next update. :kgeek We hope you enjoy it.

Kaia: Thank you, cause DIBS & Thud smiley is good right? ;-)

Whatmakesyouhappy: Thank you and here’s more to read, enjoy.

Mezz: Thank you, we are trying to let their “new relationship” evolve as naturally as possible. Where that will lead you will have to wait and see. :wtkiss

Zampsa1975: Thank you, glad you’re enjoying it.

JustSkipIt: Oh shucks, thanks. :blush We’re glad to have a chance to flesh out relationships that were at times implied but not shown. Hopefully we will do so while staying true to the characters.

Thianne: Thank you, hopefully you’ll find this next part dreamy as well.

EasierSaid: Hi and thank you. Gotta tell you, we’ve spent quite a bit of time over the last few years wondering how we were going to end it also and at times we never expected to either. Glad we have a chance to do so now.

The character studies and their back stories are important since your past is so important to where your future will go…or is it? :hmm

Willow and Tara took 5 years to find each other, it took us five years to finish their tale, would we let them fall apart now?

Meeting someone and falling in love was they last thing that either of us expected when we were originally writing and beta-ing and the best thing that ever did. As we said at the beginning, we are grateful to the board for being there and providing that opportunity to us and others. :love

PS: Glad to see you are updating Neverland again!

LittleBit: Thank you. Glad you are finding the characters and reaction interesting and accurate.
[hr]

[center]Coming Back[/center]

Update ~ 12/16/07

Despite its trite name, Willow found herself extremely impressed by “Ye Old Herb Shop”. It sold far more than herbs. There was an entire organic food section, a pretty good section filled with vitamins, a pretty good book section and a great herb section filled with both extracts of the herbs and dried herbs. Willow was sure the place was very popular with the local spell casting set. She was surprised that Tara wasn’t more aware of this population. This reminded her of her former girlfriend’s intimate knowledge of magick because it was such an innate part of her; it was another example of how Tara had changed.

However, as they continued to tour the shop, talked about the herbs and their different uses, debated about whether herb extract or the actual fresh herb was better for certain types of medical problems, Willow realized that for Tara, the use of natural remedies was more than a learned exercise, it was instinctive. By nature, Tara was a caregiver and a healer. The prospects of going to school for Chinese Medicine suited her so much more than the art history that she had studied at the University. Willow suspected that she had chosen that subject because of her mother’s love for art and her love for history. Also, because of her low opinion of herself, Tara would feel safe buried in the dusty, background work of a museum. But now, although she was still obviously shy, she did not hear the voices of her father and brother telling her to hide, telling her she was not worth loving, telling her that she was evil. Without those influences, her natural empathy and desire to help, even heal was given an outlet and it was exciting. It was overwhelming.

Feelings flooded Willow and she had to stop and just stare at the magnificently beautiful woman who stood before her. Tara was rambling on about the ongoing debate she had with the two store owners about where they should set out the herbs and organic remedies for impotence and other sexual issues. Tara thought they should be located it in the middle of the store so that people did not have to be ashamed of having issues. One thought they should display the products in the windows because people often don’t think of finding that kind of assistance in a homeopathic herb store and the other boss, the silent partner who was hardly silent thought they should be either behind the counter or in the most distant and darkest corner.

Suddenly she became aware that Willow was not really listening. In fact, she was just standing there staring at her with a strange look on her face. She stopped talking and became concerned. “What’s the matter am I boring you? Are you okay? Did I say something wrong?”

“No, nothing is wrong, I was just thinking…”

“About what? Please tell me or my imagination is going to start speaking for you and that might be …”

“I was just thinking that despite not remembering your history, you have found your calling, the place you belong. You always had a gift for healing. I really think you should follow through with this. I am just blown away by how amazing you are.”

Tara’s cheeks reddened, she ducked her head down and said, “You are not seeing me. You are seeing your girlfriend. That’s nnnnot me, I am this weak woman who can’t remember my own name… You know you are just seeing your lost girlfriend.”

Sternly, Willow’s voiced demanded that Tara look up and meet the green eyes that said so much without saying one word. “No, I am seeing you. You… who you are today and I have to say, you’re an amazing woman. You are stunningly beautiful and you’re so compassionate, intelligent, interesting and just, just, “ Willow felt the smile grow on her face as she found herself to be at a loss of words, she was unable to express how in awe she was by this woman standing before her.

For Tara, there was no denying Willow’s sincerity and she felt overwhelmed as her heart beat faster than she could ever imagine and she tried to take deep breaths but she couldn’t keep herself from reaching out and taking Willow’s hands, they were like anchors. “I can’t understand how I could have ever left you, let alone forgotten you.”
Stepping closer, the redhead dropped one of Tara’s hands so she could brush the hair out of way and clearly see the blue eyes that always calmed her. “I hurt you. I tried to control you. I thought I was doing this for the benefit of our relationship but the truth is I took the easy way out. You were the strong one. You left me and if you hadn’t, I wouldn’t have.”

“And then I just disappeared?”

“Oh no that’s not how things happened. Wow, there is such an order. Okay, let me give you a timeline. We met and fell in love our freshman year. I finally came out to Buffy and my friends towards the end of that year. You stayed in Sunnydale for the summer and we were together all the time. We each had our own dorm rooms but basically lived together. You had a full academic scholarship so you always had your room. During the second semester of our sophomore year, Buffy and Dawn’s mother died.” Seeing Tara’s questioning look, she went on. “She died because of a burst aneurism in her brain. You were such a big help for those two. I always wanted to try to fix things, make them feel better; cheer them up. You just let them talk, cry or be silent when they needed to. You put no demands on them. You let them be and I am not sure Dawn would have gotten through that time without you. You were also there for Buffy but she was uh, lost… and she disappeared for about two months. At that point, we moved in and took responsibility of Dawn. She used to joke about her two Mommies. ”

Stopping to take a breath, Willow thought about the things she had left out of the time line like Tara’s birthday encounter with her family, the time she had been attack by Glory, and Buffy’s death. She didn’t know how to explain all the rest. So she just stuck to the relationships. “Buffy finally came back and invited us to continue staying in the house. That was the beginning of our junior year. We were one big happy family until I messed things up and you left. You still had your room in the dorms so actually, you just started using it.”

“Buffy mentioned that I was a bit too dependent on you.” Stated Tara, studying Willow for clues to what she was leaving out.

“Well, um, that’s probably how it looked to Buffy because she didn’t know the workings of our relationship. She didn’t see how we both relied so heavily on each other. But maybe we were both too dependent.” Willow reflected back on watching her girlfriend from a distance after she had moved out. She remembered observing a change in the relationships with Anya and Buffy. They developed deeper friendships separate from her. Maybe the relationships had already been there and she just never noticed. She remembered seeing how Tara carried herself with more confidence. She even developed friendships with others, like that girl who was friendly enough to kiss Tara on the cheek in the middle of one of the University hallways. Her stomach still burned with jealousy at the thought of that. “But the time away was good for us. I was able to start to get things in perspective and stop trying to carry the weight of the world. And you spread your wings and made new friends.”

“So our separation was good?”

“No, but it was necessary. It gave us both a chance to get things in balance and then we started to find our way back together. First by just spending time together with our friends and then we started to date. We tried to take it slow but with us, at the point we were, it was impossible to take it slow. The separation helped us grow but I do wish there was a way we could have learned those lessons while we were still together because every moment we had together was precious.”

“Who made the first move to reunite?”

“We both were moving together but you were the one who showed up at my door.”

“Then what?”

“We spent two days in bed and then… you um, disappeared. Things were perfect. We didn’t have a fight or even a disagreement. We had even recommitted to our relationship, we made plans to have you move back in the house, we started to talk about what we would do after graduation and then, all of a sudden, you were gone.” Tears filled Willow’s eyes but she refused to cry. She had cried for too many years and now, what mattered was today and the fact that Tara was standing right in front of her.

“I’m sorry I left you or disappeared or whatever. I’m sorry I don’t remember. I’m sorry we have lost so much time. I’m sorry you have been so hurt. I am sorry I can’t make up for all the lost time.” Tara was so overwhelmed with regret for having lost five years with this amazing woman that her heart recognized even if her eyes did not. There was no doubt, she loved this woman, she had always loved this woman, she knew she always would, she would never be complete without her. She just wanted to make up for the lost time, take away Willow’s pain and the only thing she could think to do was apologize. “I’m so sorrrrrrry.” Tara felt tears flowing down her cheek as she apologized. She was angry that she had ever had abandoned this woman. “I hate myself for leaving you… I am so sorry.”

“Tara, shhh, honey, it’s okay, honey, don’t apologize.” Willow took Tara’s face in her hand and began to kiss away Tara’s tears as she talked. “You didn’t do anything. All I care about is that you are okay, that you are happy, that you are not hurting.”

Tara took Willow’s face in her hands and looked into her eyes. “Willow, I have been waiting for you. I don’t want to scare you but I know that my heart has been waiting for you.” She leaned and kissed Willow before the redhead could say anything else. This kiss was more than the kiss they had shared the night before because neither women held back. There was no tentative reaching out, only demand, demand to taste, to touch, to connect. Tongues reached out to touch and be touched, fingers, hands ran through hair, mouths hungrily tasted, bodies ached as they pulled close to each other, legs merging and shifting and rubbing, breath momentarily stopped with time. They were transported back to a bedroom in Sunnydale five years before, another reunion, another moment of completion. In the midst of the kiss, the world began to spin and in an effort to find some stability, Willow backed Tara against what she had thought was a secure shelf. It was not a secure shelf; instead, the sexual enhancement display, tastefully arranged in the middle of the floor, went crashing to the ground with the two women.

After getting over the shock of the graceless slow motion fall to the floor, Willow and Tara looked around them at the scattered bottles, teas, and ointments that promised sexual success. Both catching the irony, started to laugh until their stomachs ached and one of them was snorting. That made them laugh harder, but they never let go of each other. Will brushed the hair out of Tara’s eyes and said, “I think I am going to agree with the silent partner and say that the sexual aid products should be moved to a nice safe corner.”

“Maybe they should be moved out of the whole damn store because they sure as hell didn’t help us,” said Tara, humorously bitter as she tried to sit up and survey the scene.

Before she could sit up completely, Willow pulled her gently back. “Tara, it’s okay, we have time. We're not going to take the time it for granted but I don't want rush anything either.”

“There is more to tell isn’t there?” Tara sat up, intently looking for answers. “You’re afraid to tell me, aren’t you?”

“Yes, there is more to tell but that is not why the interruption was good. The interruption was good because we have time on our side now and we don’t need to compete with our old adventurous sex lives. We’ve already had sex in a magic shop and that is practically Ye Old Herb Shoppe so we don’t need to repeat that. We have time. I'm not going anywhere. My will power isn’t so great when it comes to resisting you but my desire for you to be happy is stronger than anything else you can imagine. So, let’s clean this up and get home before Betsy calls the police to come find you.” Then Willow leaned over and gently kissed Tara. The kiss contained a promise made by both women and they knew they could wait.
[hr]

“There's a voice inside and I heard it promise me. When you came along I'd know you by heart. Like a familiar song every word is telling me
That the time has finally come. Now here you are and I know for sure.” ~ Faith Hill
[hr]

Last edited by anon-bethany on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Coming Back - Update: 12/16/07
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:47 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Fantastic update!!! I am so loving this story. I can't wait to see what happens next. Love the old gang back together and can't wait for the Anya-Tara reunion and the Willow-Anya reunion. I am liking the new gang as well. Keep up the great story telling and Happy Holidays!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:09 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I am really enjoying this story. It is interesting to see a mature Willow because that is something we never really got to see in the series. Please keep up the fabulous writing. :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:50 am 
19. Yummy Face

Excellent update-y goodness.... It's good that Tara now know that she didn't leave Willow after a fight...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:22 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

awww nice update and they really are coming together nicly now. Thanks for making my day a lot brighter and warmer, which was no easy task considering it was only 8 degrees when I went to work this morning :peace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:42 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

:read I really love this story. I actually followed this story a few years back, but it never got completed. Im so happy to see that you guys are starting this story back up. :party So I see there :wtkiss SMOOCHIES now lol. Everyones so old and mature now, it's awesome.
Cant wait for the next update! :kgeek
:peace

Last edited by MsKittyB on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:45 pm 
8. Vixen

:paranoid

:gnome

:happycry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:39 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey I might of told you this but love the story ! I wanted to thank you for your PM about DW that was very kind of you to feel me in.I hope you had happy holidays and can't wait for more of your wonderful story :peace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:53 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Anon-Hoping things are going great for you and just wanted to let you know we are all anxiously waiting the next part. Please, please, please update soon. :pray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:10 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I want to add another please to what mezz said and some puppy dog eyes :bigkiss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:28 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hello everyone,

I’m very sorry but this is not an update. It is a thank you and an apology. I want to thank everyone who ever read this story for doing so. I hope you were moved by it, amused by it or just found it a nice way to pass the time. I have to apologize, because despite our previous promises this story will not be finished.

I will tell you that, of course, in the world of Tara & Willow, they would have had a happily ever after, forever together. Getting there would not have been easy, but this is fiction and in fiction, though not perfect, they are faithful, when lost they find each other, they find &/or re-find love, they are willing to be honest with each other and work through difficult times together using the magic in the world but more importantly the magic in themselves to do so.

So yes, in the end, memories may or may not have been rediscovered, problems will still, as they always do in life, exist & the future would not have been known, but they would have rediscovered themselves, their love and happily facing the future and all that life has to offer, love, challenges, triumphs & tribulations, etc., together.

But alas, sadly, life is not fiction, people not perfect, faith elusive, magic doesn’t lead you home, difficulties overpower, relationships cast aside, as love betrayed is lost, not looked for & therefore not rediscovered.

And so, this story here will now end. I hope and pray that it and it’s message of finding yourself and each other, of re-building and rediscovering, that past doesn’t have to shape the future, that true magic, understanding and strength is in ourselves and most importantly its message of faith, hope and love, continues.

Thank you all for reading.
Blessed Be,
?

“Photographs and memories, All the love you gave to me, Somehow it just can't be true, That's all I’ve left of you...

Memories that come at night, Take me to another time, Back to a happier day, When I called you mine.” ~ Jim Croce

Last edited by anon-bethany on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Coming Back - 3-20-08
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:13 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I am saddened and shocked. I was so thrilled when you decided to continue this wonderful story as it was one of my favorites. I respect your decision and hope to find more of your stories in the future. :sob :sob :sob

Post subject: Re: Coming Back - 3-20-08
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:50 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

:cry
I am so bummed! You had a great thing going here. That darn RL, always getting in the way of a good fic.

But PLEASE just tell me one thing - what was your idea to explain how Tara disappeared and why she lost her memory? Please Please Please - I need closure!! :pray

Best of luck to you! :)
WTJ