The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Coming Back - 3-20-08
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:42 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

As much as I am disappointed that you will not be continuing this fic I respect that you took the time to let us know (and not just keep waiting for an update).

Thank you for all your hard work and creative thoughts/ideas. I hope you return and write stories in the future.

:D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

Post subject: Re: Coming Back - Final
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:13 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Well, I'm very disapointed that this lovely fic won't be continued but I'm really respectful that you told us. I really appreciate that. I believe that you can ask a moderator to move the fic to the unfinished fics archive area after enough people have seen this.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:05 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I just read your wonderful story, I thought the "final" was that it was completed I was sorry to see it wasn't, wouldn't be and your sign off seemed so sad. What was written was wonderful, thank you for it and for letting us know that it was over. I hope all goes well for you in the future.

Best of Luck,
cp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

I was reading this fic for the past few hours , give or take , but then I read your post and decided not to read anymore , I loved this fic and was so glad to see it say Final , but then I read that it wasn't going to be finished and I couldn't read anymore , there are so many questions I have about it that it truly saddens me not to see it get finished ... .but thank you for telling us it wasn't going to be finished .... hopefully some day at some time you'll change your mind take care and thanks for what you had posted maybe some day I'll finish reading what's there .

April

""Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. ""

"Xander" Willow smiles "It's Tara" then she slowly stands and follows the little light whipping around her head ..

Xander looks confused "And ....how long have you known your girlfriends tinkerbell?" He asks with a smile as he follows Willow ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:47 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Okay so most people were nice and said thank you for posting to tell us that you weren't going to finish this fic , but I know more of them are actaully thinking "Well you just suck now don't you" But are way to polite to say it ... I'm going to say it you suck , but I hope all is well and this fic was amazing , and thanks for the warning that you won't be finishing it because it would suck even more to keep checking for updates and getting nothing ... anyhow hopefully things are alright ....

great fic thanks for sharing it with us

JulieJ

For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.--

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:06 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I heard about this story on the recommended fics thread and so glad that I found and read it even if it won't be finished. It is an amazing story and just inspiring right up to and even in how you very politly but sadly ended it. I love thinking that Willow never gave up and that Tara's heart knew Willow even if her eyes didn't. That like in another story I recently read, they find each other and aren't afraid, ok maybe they were but they were willing (in both) to work through it. I wish we all could have that kind of faith & stick-to-it-nessin ourselves and each other. I know you won't be finishing it but thank you for what you did write and for telling us that even if we don't get to read it they will love and live happily ever after.

PS: Hope it's ok I sent you a PM about well a part of your name and the name on a post I read on the Kitten board. Are they just a coincidence?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:35 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I must say... I finally refound (is that even close to being a real word?) this fic and am sad that it won't be concluded. It was very different without being completely AU. That always makes me happy to see a fic that follows similar storyline to the tv Buffy but doesn't feel the need to just reuse phrases and ideas from the original show. I was also thrilled to hear about Harpers Ferry and the DC area. I grew up right around Harpers Ferry and Shepherdstown and now live in Baltimore. It's always fun to actually recognize things. Take care and good luck to you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:13 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

What? I just spent the last few hours rereading everything for nothing? Wow, that'll teach me not to peek ahead before I devote so much time to something. From now on I'm only going to read works that are already finished. As much as I have loved this story today and as well as five or six years ago, this teasing is too frustrating. I do appreciate what's there though. Hopefully you finish it one day. I look forward to that day. I hope life is treating you well.

Maybe there should be a warning in the beginning so other people don't make the same mistake?

:blush

Post subject: Re: Coming Back - Final - Not an update
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:20 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hello, this story started almost seven years ago. After many updates, real life, which had gotten very good & very busy, took precedence and a long time passed without any. Last year anon & I re-posted the original and started to update it. We started to re-post it as a present to the board that had brought us together. Anon wrote the opening paragraph, explaining how the story had brought me into her life as her partner and her love and how this was our 5th anniversary gift to each other and to the board. Unfortunately, it was a love that was destined to soon be tossed away. I then closed the story, since I could no longer bear to look at it, let alone write it. Trying to be kind, (far kinder then she was) I wrote a non-specific explanation for its termination. Well, now as I approach what would have been our 6th anniversary I again find myself at the board, still unable to write a happy or any ending. I can't believe that merely a year ago we were looking at this story as a gift given with what I thought was love and commitment only to soon after find out, it and she were all a lie as our life together ended with her "Valentine's Day gift" of remorseless lies, cheating and betrayal. This story is over and I apologize to all those who read it hoping for a happy-ending.

If it is any consolation, with Anya's help, they discover that Jonathan put the spell on Tara. He then died in the accident, leaving the spell in place. Tara does not re-gain her memories, but she and Willow make new ones together. Now having had someone play with my mind and twist my memories for their own selfish reasons, I can’t tell you how often I have envied her, with hers wiped clean, being able to move forward in her life unhampered by the cruelties of her past.

I would appreciate it if the moderators would leave this story on the board for a little while so that those interested can at least (Sorry it isn’t more) read my brief explanation of the ending and then move it to the archives.

Once again thank you to everyone who ever took the time to read and appreciate this story,
Beth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:26 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hi Beth,
Again, I say I'm so sorry for your pain and the way in which it was done. And I really respect you for bringing this explanation of what happens in the story. I wish that everyone with an unfinished story would do the same.

Good luck and travel safely.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:30 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi Beth,

Thank you for telling us the basics to what happened. It was really nice of you, especially after all you've been through. It always amazes me how good some people are and how horrible others are. Too bad your ex didn't live as well or with the kindness with which she wrote. Guess that's why they call it fiction. I'm sorry you had to go through it, wish you all the best and hope you find someone who deserves you because it obviously isn't her.

Is your ex still in NJ at the same job? Because that really blew me away that she could be that and you are too nice to wreck it for her. Good for you, we need more good people to balance out the crappy ones out there!

Happy Holidays!
TR

PS: I just left you another post on your Beth_NJ thread on the kitten board and as in the past & always, pm if you need to chat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:23 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hi, I don’t know why I signed on tonight, haven’t done so since I last posted, though it has been an emotional week, so maybe that’s playing a part. Since I am here, thought I should respond to last responses. Thank you both for taking the time to respond and for your understanding and kindness, it is appreciated.

Deb, I’m glad I was able to give even the brief explanation of what happened that I did. Luckily, anon & I had discussed it prior to her actions, the anniversary of which is all too quickly and difficultly approaching. In being able to somewhat finish and explain the story, it was also good for me, giving me , at least here, a bit of closure, something that anon was so determined to deny. I don’t know if I’ll be back here again, but if not, see you on FB. ;-)

TR, Sadly, I have to agree with you. I too wish she had and did live with even a bit of the kindness, compassion and love with which she wrote. Though part of me still can’t figure out how she could have written and acted as she had the earlier years without it having been in her. But, given her consistently selfish actions with not only me but so many others this year, I just don’t where it is anymore. I hope it is still in her somewhere and even if we’re not together she finds it again, because that woman was amazing. In answer to your question, yes, she is still at her job, apparently not perturbed by the, shall we say, irony, involved.

Thank you for your advice and encouragement, it was a help and I look forward to chatting more in the future.

Beth

Quote:
“He does not believe that does not live according to his belief.”
~ Sigmund Freud

"Life is short and we have too little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel the way with us, so be swift to love, make haste to be kind." ~ Henri F. Amiel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:05 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hello everyone,

If anyone is interested in reading my latest, still in progress story please go to:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =470923822

It is an angsty lesbian story but it is not a Willow and Tara story, which is why I am not posting it on this site.

PS: If anyone wants to leave comments, they may be able to be left at new story, if not since it isn't W&T, please PM them. Thank you.

Last edited by anon-bethany on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:26 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi Beth,

Glad to see you back, even if just to post a link, but what a link! You were right it is an angsty story, but still a great read, lol even if it sounds a little familiar, ;-) Hope you post next part soon. Oh and hope you don't mind, I checked out your poetry thread too and hope you add more there too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:53 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hi,

TR, thank you & familiar huh? ;-) wonder why that is my friend. Thank you for checking out the new piece & of course reading poetry is ok. thank you for doing so. Actually any of the blogs on the site are open for reading. One is a collection of questions, thoughts, partially written parts of the story, etc. Sort of the inner (scary huh) workings of my mind, then there's the poetry & another of "Lenten" writings. please feel free to read away.

Thank you also to all who read this & my new piece & have commented, ie messaged me, etc. and of course as with TR please feel free to read other blogs on the site as well. :read

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:19 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi,

Hey Beth having read your other stuff and on our friend TR's recomendation read this story even though I knew it was and will not be completed. Gotta tell you done or not it was some damn good writting. Sorry about how things ended with you and your ex. That really did suck but glad you're doing better now. LOL from what TR tells me and your pics you definetly traded up, but sorry girlfriend it's not like you could have traded down. ;-) Cheaters are the worst and to have a g/f whose a minister cheat on you! Seriously :wtf, I didn't want to believe it when I heard that one. LOL, got to avoid those South Jersey churches and chicks I guess.
Have a good one, Cori
PS: Just thought, since it doesn't look like you're ever on here I'll also msg this to you on fb.