The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:38 pm 
I started reading this at another site, you are by far an amazing writer.

Hope its updated soon

Post subject: Re: :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:07 pm 
Oh, this was just so sweet.

Okay, amidst the sweetness, I'll admit I liked Willow's reaction to Tara's cleavage in her white shirt...mmm...can't say as I blame her!

Also, I loved Dawn's disclaimer. That was such a memorable line. Now Dawn being protective is very heartwarming.

Loved the next date part and of course, Tara's coffee invitation.

Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. Please don't keep us waiting long!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:01 am 
I just got caught up with this story. The premise is great; love the fact that Tara and Dawn are sisters...always thought those two had a family resemblance. :) Poor Buffy...who wouldn't have Severe Reality Problems with all these familiar faces popping up?

I see two scenes coming up: William proving he's not a vampire by dancing a jig in full sunlight, and Gunn and Fred grousing that they didn't have starring roles in Buffy's "delusion." ("Guess her dream ain't exactly a haven for the bruthas.")

Love the date at the Indian restaurant, and Jitty's backstory.

Looking for more soon!

"Many such journeys are possible. Let me be your gateway."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:35 pm 
I can only say that I love this fic once because its given me a horrible...horrible tagline...

Behold, the power of Coffee.

Sincerely,

:flower BWR

If homosexuals dont reproduce, why are there so many of them?-Jim David

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:27 am 
Awwww How Cute Are They! The Dates Not Done Yet Though Willow Might Go In For....Coffee....Or Maybe A Little Something Else????:flirt Sweet Update Please Continue Soon?

D2D

Dreams To Dream In The Dark Of The Night, When The World Goes Wrong, I Can Still Make It Right...- Dreams To Dream

I Don't Know About You Miss Kitty,But I Feel A Whole Lot Yummier. - Catwoman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:04 am 
Hey Im loving this story, I read it on another site, Im not sure where....but Im really glad Ive found it here on Pens now! I really like the whole concept of the story, there's alot of interesting aspects, other than Willow and Tara's relationship. Of course, their relationship is by far the best aspect :lol Im looking forward to another update :D Coffee? Yes please!

Stacey xx

Post subject: Re: Normality
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:51 am 
Hey there,

I haven't commented in a while so I'll cover this update and the one before. I feel really bad for Buffy. Tara & Dawn's presence could easily be explained but Willow & Xander? No way. And when Tara & Willow get together it will seem even more crazy to Buffy. And seems like she's going to plot and keep it to herself which can't turn out well.

The Tara & Willow date is very nice. I like that both girls are so direct about it being a date and about their being interested. It's so hard when you go out with a girl without knowing if it's a date or not or if she likes you. They seem to get on well even if it's strange to have Tara talk so much and know nothing about Willow. It definitely seems that Tara is more developed in this story.

It will be interesting to see the coffee part of the date, particularly since Tara seemed so offended when Jitty asked if she was going to take Willow to the house. Kind of strange. I spent part of the update being worried that Donnie would show up either at the restaurant or the house or where Dawn is.

The only strange thing was the timing when Tara pulled out her cell phone for a cab--it seemed to be in the middle of the conversation with no intro. A little awkward but well recovered. I hope you'll update soon.

Go Lance!

MoveOn.Org

American Civil Liberities Union

Post subject: Great Story
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:53 am 
Hi :bigwave

Just wanted to say that I finally got a chance to read this and I love it. It is a great idea for a fic and you are doing a brilliant job of telling it. I loved the date and I also really like your original characters. One complaint - you described the dinner so well that I am now craving Indian food, and won't have the chance to go down to 'Little India' for some yumminess until sometime next week.

Post subject: Re: Great Story
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:44 pm 
Stroke of Luke: lots of dates, I can see that somewhere in the future but you never know:lol . Dawnie was just being protective of her big sister.

PeachyNectar: they are slightly different in this universe as opposed to the Buffyverse so slightly different reactions.

I’m glad you like Jitty, because like a lot of the original characters here myself and my beat spent ages working them out.

Nope no vampire Willow in this universe:wink .

Reyjawk: hope you enjoy the direction we are taking this

Arwen : well who could resist Willow:wink ?

Sam darls: thank you

Raven: okay :blush now

Wimpy: Tara cleavage:drool you’re right who could blame Willow.

Dawn’s line; I loved it when Willow delivered it, in fact one of my fav Buffy quotes ever and I was just looking for a chance to use it and it felt right. I won’t be keeping you waiting much longer

CaptMurdock: I thought I was the only one who thought that Dawn and Tara most resembled one another.:lol Buffy is in a bit of a spin and it’ll get worse before it gets better.

On William not quite a jig but maybe a barbecue in the sun:lmao . Gunn and Fred, well they have a legitimate grouse.

Glad you liked Jitty.

BurningWhiteRose::lmao

DreamsToDreams: Something else well who knows…well I do of course.:rofl

Willowsgirl: Thank you and although W/T is obviously the main focus of this story I hope people will enjoy the others that we weave through.

JustSkipIt: No things won’t be good for Buffy until she figures out just what is going on and until she shares there is no way it can be worked out.

They are both developed but it more that 2 characters are a little different from the Buffy verse. Tara has had to cope with being parent/ guardian to her sister so it is impossible for her to hide in her bedroom and not face the world. On Willow she is keeping a lot back and you will find out why very soon.

Dekalog: What can I say I’m sorry, but hell Indian food is fantastic so get down there and get chomping:lol

Freddie is king

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:38 pm 
Title: Normality part 10

Author: Magrat

Spoilers: as before

Ratings: R

Disclaimer: not mine blah, blah.

Thanks to Beth, who without all her help and patience this probably wouldn’t be possible.

Normality part 10

“Nice car,” said Tara, climbing into Willow’s bright red Mini Cooper.

“Yeah, it’s cool. My mom and dad bought it for my birthday,” said Willow indicating to pull out.

“They must love you a lot,” said Tara a little wistfully.

“Not really, I think it’s a guilt trip purchase because the rest of the time they never notice I’m alive and the year before they missed my birthday completely,” explained Willow, in a flat voice.

“Oh,” said Tara. “I’m sorry.”

Willow shook herself out of her creeping self-deprecation. “You don’t have to apologize, I’m just dwelling on stuff that isn’t important. My parents are both academics, they tend to forget that people exist in the real world; me especially, but at least they are still alive and lecturing in Iowa or somewhere equally exciting, I think.”

Tara looked out the window and said nothing.

“I’m sorry,” said Willow. “I meant at least they are reachable if I want them, that’s if they remember who I am,” quipped Willow in a weak attempt at humor. She continued more softly. “I…I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

Tara smiled. “I know. Let’s not do this whole sorry thing. We are just getting to know one another and I don’t want you to feel that you have to tip-toe around me over this and do you know where you are going?”

Willow gave a relieved laugh. “Not really, wanna give me some directions?”

Tara giggled and started to give Willow directions.

“Here we are,” said Tara. “You can park on the drive.”

“K,” said Willow and pulled up, she sat in the car feeling a little shaky, she didn’t understand quite why.

Tara got out of the car and looked surprised that Willow hadn’t followed her. “Uhm, if you want to head home its f-fine.”

Willow shook herself out of the mood she was in. “No, I would love a cup of coffee.”

If they had waited a few minutes longer they would have seen the car, that had followed them from the restaurant, glide up to the curb across the road. Penny dug her fingers into the steering wheel when she saw Willow enter into the house behind Tara. “How can you go in there with that slut? You know you belong to me.” She said softly, before taking off at great speed, tires burning. She couldn’t allow this; correction wouldn’t allow this. Willow was hers and she would make sure it always stayed that way.

Tara led Willow into the living room. “I’ll be back in a second. Do you want anything else?”

“No, thanks, coffee’s fine,” said Willow. As Tara left the room she looked around and could see right away Tara’s talent for design. The color scheme was a conservative green and cream; but she had livened it up with throws and cushions. It was obvious that the furniture was not the best but the fabrics she had used made everything look fantastic, light and airy with lots of textures. A charcoal picture was above the fireplace; the set of the cheekbones and the generous lips told Willow that the drawing was of Tara and Dawn’s mother. The beauty, artistry and talent in the picture shone, stunning the redhead and she was unsurprised when she saw it was signed T. Maclay. She felt an itch; an impatience that told her she wanted to see Tara right now. She followed her path into the kitchen; the blonde’s back was to her, as she watched the coffee machine finish its job.

Tara felt the movement behind her and turned to find Willow closer than she expected, they regarded one another for a second, the air seemed to still and time stop. Willow brushed her hand over Tara’s cheek, before leaning in and their lips touched for a brief second and then they stopped.

For a moment they were both breathless, surprised, confused even; by what had happened, what they felt, if the other was feeling it too They’d known each other such a short time, hadn’t they? Yet it didn’t feel that way, it felt; it felt…like…like…coming home.

“Wow,” whispered Willow, not even sure if she had said it aloud or just in her head.

The second time their lips met was different, deeper, a passion making its way to the surface. Willow put her arm around Tara feeling her warm skin as she slid her hand up the back of Tara’s shirt while her mouth moved along her neck and shoulder.

The chime of the front door alarm made them both jump, Tara pulling away and adjusting her clothes. “What is she doing back? She said she was staying with Jitty all night.”

Willow shrugged, feeling like a naughty kid who had just been caught doing something she shouldn’t.

“Hey I’ve got the pizza if you…Who are you?” Asked William, glaring at Willow.

Willow glared back at the man defiantly, she was surprised by his attitude and his appearance seemed to clash against Tara and everything that was in the house.

“Will, what the hell are you doing here, again? Let me guess your uncle has thrown you out again and you wanted a place to crash and don’t talk to my friend like that,” snapped Tara, annoyed by his treatment of Willow.

“Well I thought this was Friday night; you know video night with you and Jitty but I take it I wasn’t being kept in the loop,” said Will. “And the guilty looks on both your faces doesn’t read friend to me.”

“What is wrong with you?” Asked Tara.

“Nothing,” replied Will. “But I know where I don’t belong.” He turned sharply on his heel and threw the pizza box down.

Tara gave Willow an apologetic look before running after him; she got to him just as he went out the door. “Stop, Will what’s gotten into you?”

“I don’t know, I mean I want you to have someone, but it felt weird walking in and seeing you with someone. You were both flushed and she looked so guilty…I admit I did know Dawn was at Jitty’s and I thought we could have pizza night anyway. I didn’t want you be on your own and was looking forward to having a gossip with you. I didn’t think you’d have a date here,” said William starting to look ashamed. ”I’m sorry I flounced out like a big spoilt child. I did didn’t I?”

“Pretty much,” agreed Tara. “Do you want to come in and meet Willow?”

“Nah, I think I’ve made a bad enough impression for one night. Tell her I’m sorry and I’ll meet her another day, oh and I eh…like her name.

“If you’re sure?”

“I’m sure,” he said. “Have a good night Sweetie. Give her a proper breakfast in the morning.”

“Hey it’s not like that,” said Tara.

He raised his eyebrow but didn’t say anything as he kissed her on the top of the head and waved goodbye.

Willow hugged her arms; she felt a little battled from the quick changes in emotions. One minute she was in a passionate kiss with a beautiful woman and the next moment she was being starred down by an angry man. She was confused by what was going on and was relieved when Tara came back into the kitchen without the man.

“Willow, I’m s-so sorry,” said Tara. “He is a good friend, but he wasn’t expecting me to be with someone and I know its no excuse for his rudeness.”

“Are you two involved?” Willow asked, fearful of the answer. She was starting to feel the night had gone far too well and she was now waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Tara laughed so much she couldn’t breathe for a second. “Me and Will…really…you think that…Will…god this will kill him when I tell him.” She took a couple of deep breaths. “He’s gay Willow, he’s my best friend, a little bit protective but honestly that’s all it was. And you know I’m gay too.”

Willow felt a weight lifted from her shoulders, but it had been a little too much and she needed a little time to process everything that had happened. “Its okay, but I think I should skip the coffee. I have some studying I need to catch up on.”

“Oh, hmm of c-course. Don’t let me k-keep you,” Tara cursed inwardly as she stumbled over her words, she’d been meaning to aim for carefree but instead had hit gauche and hurt.

The show of vulnerability pierced Willow’s heart a little more, making her feel guilty for shrugging Tara off; this woman couldn’t be more different from Penny if she tried. “But I was thinking seeing as you bought me dinner, I wondered if I could get you breakfast and I totally understand if you have something going on with you sister, we could make it another day.”

“Dawn has a soccer game in the afternoon but I could do breakfast,” said Tara quickly, almost as if she expected the invite to be snatched away from her.

“Before you think anything else, I had a great night,” said Willow, pulling Tara into her arms and kissing her gently. “But maybe your friend’s interruption was for the best, things were moving pretty fast. I’ll see you tomorrow, at the coffee shop we met at with Buffy .”

Tara walked Willow to her car and waved her off. She closed the door and went back into the kitchen, threw the pizza out and poured herself a cup of coffee, all in all the date had gone great until Will had arrived and the memory of those kisses was enough to keep her hopeful that there were a lot of good things in store for her. She closed her eyes and breathed in catching the last lingering scent of Willow, her girlfriend? She wasn’t sure yet but she felt it could be.

TBC

Freddie is king

Edited by: Magrat70 at: 9/15/04 11:39 am

Post subject: ,,,
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:13 pm 
**smurf kicks Penny out of the story... *** Penny whos Penny never heard of her never was here hee hee Williams timing was well you know.

A great update:clap

------------------

To see her was to love her, and love no one but her.. and to love forever...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:38 pm 

Ooohhh!! first kiss... and damn Will interrupting :no

Penny is scary, but hopefully Tara and Willow will be ok, she's not going to hurt them right?

More soon please.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:43 pm 
yay they kissed:bounce but wohaaa what happend with Will? Is he jealous or something?;) And Penny should stay away from Willow!!!

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

"I wish that you were here or that I were there, or that we were together anywhere!"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:08 am 
Okay, this is going to be a long one. Let me just say that i don't know how i missed this fic until now, but i did. I just read the whole thing and I am utterly speachless (or maybe speaking a mile a minute - one of the extremes).

Anyway, i love the concept. And the way you have written it is wonderful. The parts when Buffy first sees Tara and Dawn, and when she sees Xander, are so powerful. I felt what she did. I got all teary-eyed and nervous, and i felt like hiding under a table. And i also love what you have done with the whole Willow/Tara thing. This last update was beautiful. But I really would like to hear more about Buffy. I love the line you put in when Willow and Tara first kissed about it feeling like home - so much suspense. What has happened? Is it coincidence, or a big bad? I'm leaning towards big bad, but you never know. Anyway, i think that's enough for now.

I just had to tell you, this is the most powerful fanfic i have ever read. And i truly mean that. I also like your "Harry Potter and the Return of the Witch," but this really blows my mind. You are a goddess. And you should be bowed to.

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Please update soon! :pinky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:43 am 
loved the update :D

bad Will for interupting the kisss

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?
I can't watch this because its creepy and wrong and sickening...however I will watch out of curiosity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:13 pm 
Aww, that was so great. Hehe..bless William :p . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:31 am 
hi all:bigwave

thanks for being so patient with this the next part will be right up

Freddie is king

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:44 am 
Title: Normality part 11

Author: Magrat

Ratings: PG: 13

Spoilers: as before

Disclaimer: Not mine blah, blah.

Notes: in more than one way I feel this is a joint effort with my beta Beth and without her a lot of this would be impossible.

Normality part 11

Willow was relieved that no one was home when she arrived back from her date. She went to the room she shared with Fred, changed into her jammies and got into bed. She wasn’t sure what to think about her evening. The time spent with Tara was amazing; she was interesting, kind, never mind the fact Willow found her absolutely beautiful, but she couldn’t understand why Tara’s sister and friends were so hostile towards her and she didn’t, yet, know how to handle it. Then a little smile played over her face, that kiss was pretty special; a promise of something more with lots of passion and fire. Willow trembled at the thought. Okay, maybe a little hostility could be worth it. All she had to do was work out the why and then get them to like her. She thought she could do that, she knew she wanted to at least try.

Tara looked almost fearful when she entered the coffee shop, a part of her thought that Willow wouldn’t be there; that Will’s bad behavior was bound to have deterred her from showing up, but there was Willow waving and motioning for her to come over.

“Good morning, I was beginning to wonder if you were standing me up,” quipped Willow.

“Morning, I had problems parking, s-sorry,” said Tara.

Willow waved away Tara’s concerns. “No sorrys needed Swe..uh Tara. I’m glad you’re here, so, what would you like to eat?”

A sudden naughty thought flashed through Tara’s mind which she held back as she answered. “Uhm a veggie omelette and coffee would be good,” said Tara.

“Then a veggie omelette and coffee is what you will receive,” said Willow, pulling a funny face and making Tara giggle.

Penny walked past Jen’s Java hoping to catch sight of Willow enjoying breakfast with Fred, as she often did on Saturday mornings. The smile she had when she caught sight of Willow walking back from the counter died when Penny saw that at the table she was heading to, sat the blonde from last night. Anger welled up inside her, that ho had obviously seduced Willow and they had spent the night together. This had gone far enough; she needed to find out just who this woman was and put a stop to the whole thing.

“Everything’s ordered,” said Willow. They sat in silence for a while. Willow tried to say something and then her eyes met Tara’s and she looked away, with a slightly embarrassed look.

“W-willow have I done s-something…”

The waitress gave a tight little smile, she knew an awkward situation when she saw one; she gave them their order and quickly departed.

The redhead rubbed the palms of her hands against her forehead ruffling the tips of her hair with her fingertips. “I…I like you I really do…”

“Why can I feel a but coming on?” Asked Tara, trying to hide the regret she felt.

“No buts…well kinda buts…it’s your friends and your sister…”

“Dawnie? You knew I had responsibilities when we…”

Willow could see that Tara was close to leaving the coffee shop so she gently laid her hand on Tara’s arm. “I didn’t mean it like that, they have all been very protective of you, which is sweet but it’s kinda intimidating.”

“I suppose I should explain,” said Tara sadly, she knew that if her relationship with Willow was going to go anywhere had to tell her about her past. She had hoped that she wouldn’t have to do it quite so soon.

Willow kept quiet as Tara told her story; she winced as she described the abuse her mother had suffered at the hands of her father and the emotional abuse that Tara and Dawn must surely have suffered because of that violent and sadistic man. How her brother had gotten into the habit of beating on Tara whenever his teenage frustrations with school, football or anything else in his life became too much. The strength her mother had shown when she found out about it. The resolve she had that he’d never again lay a hand on Tara or ever start on Dawn. How she’d tried to make sure of it by getting them out of that violent household. Her mother had been putting money away, so she packed Tara and Dawn up and headed to California. Just when everything had started to go so well her Mother had found out she had cancer.

Tara explained about her mother’s death and the bitter custody battle she and Jitty had to go through for her to keep Dawn. Then she told of the last terrible beating she had received from her brother and the court case where they tried to use her sexuality like it was a terrible thing. Finally, she told of her absolute determination that Dawn would never suffer the same abuse she did. Willow let out a breath as Tara finished her story; she reached for her coffee cup her hand shaking slightly. She wanted to tell Tara she was so sorry for everything she had been through but it didn’t seem to be enough. She felt the need to hold Tara and tell her that she would keep her safe, but worried it was too much too soon.

“I’m s-sorry for laying all this on you,” said Tara, pushing her breakfast away untouched.

“Don’t be sorry,” said Willow. “I was just trying to think of sufficient words to say how sorry I am that you had to go through those things, but somehow sorry doesn’t seem to be enough. Now I understand why your friends are so protective of you. I’ll have to re-assure them that you’re safe with me.”

“You still want to see more of me?” Asked Tara a little surprised but happy that her gamble with the truth had paid off. “Baggage girl.”

Willow stroked her hand down Tara’s arm until she reached her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. “Everyone has baggage Sweetie, but not everyone manages to get over it and of course I want to see you again. Do you wanna go for a walk? There is a nice little park not far from here.”

Tara checked her watch and frowned. “Yes, but uhm I’m afraid I can’t, I have to pick Dawn up for her game.”

“Oh I forgot, you did tell me that. Another time maybe,” said Willow.

“How about lunch tomorrow? Jitty and Will are coming over maybe you could get to know them better.” Tara couldn’t help but notice the deer caught in the headlights look on Willow’s face. “It’s okay if you think it’s too domestic.”

“It’s not that,” said Willow. “They still feel a little intimidating.”

Tara chewed on her lip. “I have an idea. How about you bring Fred, Xander and Gunn and I do a barbeque? I could ask Buffy as well; it’ll be fun.”

“That sounds good,” admitted Willow.

Willow and Tara shared a brief embrace as they left the coffee shop. Tara turned and walked the block to her car. Penny was waiting on a side street and breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Tara walk by. She followed the blonde to the parking lot and watched her slip into an electric blue Suzuki Sidekick. Penny then followed Tara to a boring suburban neighborhood where she picked up a tall, dark-haired teenager and had a conversation with a small Indian woman before giving her a peck on the cheek. Penny stored away that piece of information in case it was something important that she could drop to Willow to prove an infidelity. The rest of the morning was pretty dull with the blonde going to the teenager’s soccer game. Penny slunk down low in her seat when she saw them go back to the car after the game; the last thing she wanted was to be spotted. She started to follow them again but realized that they were heading home. She decided she needed to come up with a plan; she really had to find out who this woman was.

“Hey Fred,” Willow said, as she got back to the apartment. “Are you doing anything tomorrow?”

“Nope.”

“Do you wanna go to a barbeque at Tara’s house? She said I could bring you, Xander and Gunn, so what do you think?” Asked Willow.

“Sounds like fun,” said Fred. “I’ll get Xander to call Gunn.”

“How about cutting out the middle man and asking him yourself,” said Willow. “After all you badgered me into going out with Tara…”

“Which I have to point out is looking like an amazing success,” gloated Fred.

Willow smiled. “So one good turn deserves another.”

“Willow I’ve told you, I can’t,” said Fred, the smile freezing on her face.

“K,” said the redhead. “But if you don’t make a move someone is going to snap him up.”

“So, how did your date go anyway?” Asked Fred changing the subject. “You were back earlier than I thought, then went straight to bed and up early this morning and given the invite I’m figurin’ you and Tara had breakfast together.”

“Yep, breakfast with Tara,” said Willow giggling. After a few seconds she continued but this time with a more serious tone. “It was good, I like her and she has had a tough time, a really tough time. I think I can make it better.”

Fred’s eyebrows rose. “What happened to just finding a new friend and after Penny a girl gets a little shy?”

I really like her and uh…she has a kiss like dynamite,” said Willow heading towards the kitchen.

Fred got off the sofa and followed her. “Kiss like dynamite…you so have to spill now.”

“Nope, I never tell on a lady. There isn’t much to say… we had a nice dinner, I went back to her house, for coffee, before you think anything else and then her friend showed up and made it pretty uncomfortable for me. We agreed to have breakfast, where she told me the reason her friends were so protective was that her brother had beaten the daylights out of her. They arrested him, but when Tara went to testify they tried to drag her name through the mud but she still managed to get him sent to jail,” said Willow, without turning from the coffee-maker; she didn’t want to see the expression on Fred’s face in case it read disapproval.

“Heavy stuff,” said Fred gently. “Do you want to talk about it?”

“Yes, no, not really…” Willow turned to see Fred’s eyes starting to darken. “I know, you think it isn’t a good idea and she has even more baggage than you thought, but I like her Fred, I really do.”

“Will, don’t try and put words into my mouth and yeah I’m worried but, if Tara’s managed to come through everything she has and she can run a household, have friends, hold down a good job and be as nice as she seems, then the woman is pretty balanced; besides you like her so I’m just gonna do the best friend thing and support you.” said Fred and then slowly and with a little trepidation. “Will, are you falling for her?”

Willow’s mouth opened and closed a couple of times, she wanted to deny it and admit it but she could do neither so she just shrugged.

The tension in the room had suddenly mounted and Fred could tell that Willow wasn’t ready to go there yet. “Uhm…I have work to do…for Buffy’s study sessions, she’s learning so fast, I’m finding it hard to keep up.” The slight Texan gave her a little grin and started to leave.

“Thanks Fred,” said Willow.

“For what?” Fred asked genuinely puzzled.

“For being a friend, supporting me, being here and knowing when to back off,” explained Willow as she turned back to the coffee machine and planned a million tortures that she could inflict on Tara’s bastard of a brother.

TBC

Freddie is king

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:02 am 
:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

Wendy is back

:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

Hy there, what a pleasant surprise....

I feared:sob that you had deserted this place for the real world...and that we would never read the end of your wonderful storys...all of them...ALL OF THEM...

And now...here it is...an update...

Please don´t keep us waiting so long again

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Would it be possible that Dawnie uses her shovel on Penny ????????????

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:13 am 
Hmmm Normality, Normality, Normality? I know I've read that one. I guess maybe if I reread some I'll remember... Oh yeah: The Normal Again universe. Ok, gottit.

Great update with much W/T. I'm guessing that the next one will be Buffy angst to make up for the W/T progression. The two girls seemed so comfortable and easy together throughout this part. I like that a lot. Of course Penny is a psycho but somehow I'm thinking that she doesn't know what she's getting into between Tara's protective friends/famliy and Buffy and possibly Gunn. Not the group I'd challenge.

Well done and thanks for the udpate.

"It is better to waste one's youth than to do nothing with it at all- Georges Courteline

"Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but unlike charity, it should end there." - Chare Booth Luce

My latest story: Survivor - Ash Island

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:20 am 
YAY YAY YAY :banana :applause :party :eatme

And that is only a fraction of how excited I am to see this continued. You were one of the first authors I encountered as I made my way into Willow and Tara fanfic and I well, :bow .

This fic especially intrigued me and I'm really glad to see an update. So keep them coming please! We need Buffy to get well and get with it, lots of Willow and Tara smoochies :wtkiss and something really bad happening to Penny. Not that I'm making demands. I'm really begging, so keep it going. :pray

-wiccanbotanist

I like having low self-esteem, makes me feel special - Jane Lane (from Daria)

Sugas mea papilium (Suck my butterfly) - A Woman in Uniform by umgaynow

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:55 pm 
I really love your works...you do a beautiful job constructing fantastic plots that I admire. I'm happy to see a continuation of this one, in particular, because of the interesting world you have created around the Normal Again backdrop and the wonderful way you write numerous characters. I'm very curious to see where you take it.

~Cyd

And I recall in spring

The perfume that the air would bring

to the indolent town ~Decemberists

Altered Shadows

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:09 pm 
Oh wow, this fic is back! This was one of the first fics I read when I discovered the board, and I remember thinking how clever it was to have had Buffy really be sick.

Glad to see you are continuing with your storytelling. I've enjoyed all your work, in fact I just re-read "Twisted" last week, and downloaded the songs you had Willow and Tara sign there.

Great to see you back.

Safuega

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:15 am 
Ohh nice update, can't wait for more.

Jill

~~~~~~~~

Willow - Say, you all didn't happen to do a bunch of drugs did ya?

Willow Powered | Amber Powered | Alyson Powered

My lack of talent is more than made up for by my enthusiasm.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:14 am 
Irishlassie: Yep back with this; at last. What can I say real life has been kinda tough and it was nice to get back to this to take my mind off the bad stuff:sob . So thanks to Beth for her impeccable timing. Actually no waiting for the next update as it is imminent.

Penny is becoming rather a pest, but things will be much worse before they get better.

JustSkipIt: Yeah I know the story that goes with the longest gaps between postings:ashamed .

Buffy angst in next one nope, there is of course plenty of angst for the slayer (or is she?:devilish ) to come. Penny is a total nut but, you are right she is messing with the wrong people.

Wiccanbotanist: hey, I like when people beg. I have to admit you have made me :blush . Buffy getting well? Maybe she isn’t sick, Willow and Tara smoochies are a given but something bad happening to Penny? You’ll have to wait and see:lol .

Hermitfish. That is big praise from such a great writer. We work hard on pulling the different strands of this together and keeping everyone’s story moving along. I hope that they pay off for this will make sense to people.

Safuega: Thank you and I hope you have enjoyed the story.

Hmm Twisted, the end is written (really) and maybe will be posted soon. I’m pleased I have introduced someone to the wonderful Heather Nova :drool .

WillowPowered: Thank you and an update will be soon

Freddie is king

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:34 am 
Hello, :wave

I came across this story and now have it all read up to date...I gotta say, I'm impressed. It took me a bit to figure it out, but I love how you're tying it into the one episode that has always bugged me in it's ending. I might have gotten a little bit excited when I realized what was going on, hee.

I'm very curious to see how it's all going to fall together...And I've loved reading Willow and Tara getting together, they're so cute! And I think for it being a very alternate universe, you're still getting their characters spot on. I love it and I can't wait to see what's in store for us next update.

~Ani:dance

True, I talk of dreams, which are the children of an idle brain, begot of

nothing but vain fantasy. ~Shakespeare

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:59 am 
Just got caught up... wow :D I really like the cast you've assembled - Fred and Willow make great friends, Dawn really does fit in naturally as Tara's sister, and Spike is just wonderful :lmao I'm really enjoying Willow and Tara getting together, learning about each other - Tara's one impressive lady, going through all she has and staying strong.

I'm also intrigued by the parts of Buffy's Sunnydale that are also part of the real world. There are tales and myths of mental problems and extra-sensory prescience going hand-in-hand, the primal idea of madmen being 'touched by the gods'... I was thinking, just because slayers and vampires aren't real doesn't mean there's nothing supernatural going on. Maybe the bright side to Buffy's tormented adolescent years is that she's been 'primed' by her fantasy life to be a hero just when the real Willow and Tara need one? I don't like this Penny one bit, and as for Donnie... :fit2

Thanks for letting me know about this story :bow

Chris Cook

Through the Looking-glass

A Willow and Tara for every world.

Smut Bunnies!: Saving the world, sexily!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:39 pm 
I finally got the opportunity to get all caught up on this story...thanks to the most recent update. Honestly, it had been so long since you'd updated, I thought it was an abandoned fic and didn't want to put myself through the pain. You know...starting a story, getting all caught up in it, just to find out that it will never be finished. Hate that. But your update gave me hope, so I made the time to read it and get caught up.

What a fascinating storyline! I'd often wondered what Buffy's "other" life would have been like in Normal Again. You've created a wonderfully rich world. How interesting that all of the people in her "delusional" world exist in this one. Guess it shows that perhaps there is such a thing as destiny.

The characters are so lovely. I can see how it can be so disconcerting for Buffy. Not only are the same people present in this "reality", but they have the same personality quirks as those in her "delusion". That must be difficult for her. At the same time, these really are different people in many ways. I mean, hello, Spike is gay! (But, then again, I was always a little suspicious of Spike anyway.)

It's going to be interesting to see where you take the story from here. I'm thinking there will definitely have to be some focus on Buffy's situation and how she is handling the dissonance she is experiencing. That's going to be fascinating. And, of course, there's bound to be more Willow and Tara goodness -- and I am SO not complaining about that.

Very nice work here. I hope we will see an update to this fic soon.

Carleen :wave

‘Well hello you big old monster you, I fart in your general direction!’ --Willow WtVS: Episode One: Hellmouth High

"I support your lifestyle choice. You go gay girl." -- Anya A Hot and Heavy Halloween

"Please feel free to enjoy your lesbianism." -- Anya Art Appreciation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:47 am 
9. Gay Now

AnirtakEnigma: I agree with you Normal Again never convinced me in its ending and there was a couple of things said in the episode that really set my imagination off and this is the fruits of its labour.

Thank you for saying I got the characters spot on, we are trying to keep them very close in this fic. Hope you enjoy what is to come.

Atremis: Hey Chris :bigwave ,

I really enjoyed planning this fic out with my beta. Willow and Fred felt like natural friends and you know I’ve always been convinced that AB and MT looked more like sisters that SMG and MT and Spike what can I say…it felt right :lol .

Buffy and her problems, real…imagined…supernatural… :devil well we’ll just have to see but I promise there is a pay off.

There will be no more Donnie in this fic but Penny…well she will be around for a while and get much, much worse.

Hope you carry on reading this.

GayNow: sorry for the untimely updating. Real life has been as bad as it can get :(but I can promise you that I haven’t given up on this.

It felt good to write and to create a world around the episode, I’m pleased you’ve enjoyed it.

What can I say there was something about Spike

There is a lot to come on the Buffy situation and a she is going to find things very hard. And of course plenty of Willow and Tara goodness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:49 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Magrat, well done! I'm enjoying your take on the flip side of "Normal Again".

One thought keeps worming it's way through my brain. It's this Penny character and who, I am hoping and dreading, she will turn out to be. So far there hasn't been a major "wiggins" episode on Buffy's part when she's meeting all the characters and I understand that. These are people that she thinks she has been close to for 7 years and she may feel like she knows them, even though she's just met them all. However, Penny (if she is who I hope she is) could be that one person that either unravels Buffy's refreshing sanity or makes her grab hold of this new reality and kick some jealous ExGF butt!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next