The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:56 am 
Magrat,

Wondering if a small amount of begging could get you to update this fic soon?:pray

Still :gnome my hair wondering what is going to happen next.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:08 am 
Ya, Question...Am I Gunna Have To Beg As Well? Cuz I Might Just Do That If There ISn't An Update Soon!!! LoL ;)

D2D

Damn You Vile Woman!!!- Stewie Griffin

I Try My Best To Feed Her Appetite, And Keep Her Coming Every Night... - "This Love" By Maroon 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:25 pm 
Sooo coool. I love this fic, glad you dropped an updated here. Yay for updatey goodness.

Saying that up is down will not make up, down.

~Gene Burns

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:51 am 
Title: Normality part 7

Author: Magrat

Ratings: PG: 13

Spoilers: everything is fair game

Disclaimer: not mine blah, blah

Normality part 7

Tara kept her finger pressed against the bell of the Summer’s house. She had been ringing non-stop for about 10 minutes and was determined to keep it up all evening if need be to get Buffy to open the door and acknowledge her. After about another 10 minutes she heard a noise behind the door and it opened a fraction.

“My Mom’s not here,” said Buffy quickly before starting to close the door again.

“Good ‘cause I’m here to talk to you Buffy,” said Tara quickly, fearing the door wouldn’t be opened again if she allowed Buffy to close it.

Buffy’s heart was pounding with anxiety; she had hardly slept a wink since Friday. She couldn’t make sense of what was going on around her. Buffy had been told that her memories of the last 7 years were just a delusion, but here supposedly in the real world were at least 4 people that surely couldn’t or shouldn’t exist. What was even worse, on Friday night she had looked out of her bedroom window and could have almost sworn that she had seen Spike slip into Tara and Dawn’s house. She was now starting to wonder if the madness that everyone was persuading her she had suffered from wasn’t actually real but another big bad trying to put her out of action by messing with her mind or maybe she hadn’t defeated The First and this was its new plan.

“I don’t want to talk to you.”

Tara looked and felt momentarily hurt. “W-what happened Buffy? On Friday night? I don’t understand, I thought we were all getting along.”

“Go away,” said Buffy through gritted teeth. “I know what you are trying to do.”

“Do you?” Asked Tara.

“Go away,” repeated Buffy.

“Please Buffy, try to talk to me,” said Tara.

Buffy just wanted so much to slam the door in Tara’s face but she couldn’t. She remembered that kind compassionate face, and the solace she thought she had once found there. Buffy clutched her head in her hands and fell to the floor sobbing.

Tara rushed in and slammed the door behind her. She knelt on the floor beside Buffy and took her in her arms rocking her back and forth. “Shh, it’s okay Sweetie, it’s okay.”

They stayed like that until Buffy had cried herself out. Tara bit her lip, she wasn’t sure what to do, whether to help Buffy upstairs to bed or try to find out what was wrong with the fragile, vulnerable blonde. Even though she might hate herself for it she decided on the latter. “What’s going on Buffy?”

Buffy looked into kind clear blue eyes. Had she confessed to these eyes before? “It’s you…Dawn…Willow…Xander.”

Tara wrinkled her brow; this wasn’t the response she had expected. “I don’t understand.”

“You were all there…all of you and now you’re here and it even looked like Spike…”

“You’ve lost me,” admitted Tara.

“In my so called delusions, you were there, so was Dawn, Willow, Xander all of you. I can remember you all and now you’re here and that is impossible, but you are here…different, but you are all here,” said Buffy, surprisingly calmly, she almost felt like a weight was being lifted as she talked about it.

Tara rubbed her chin. “Maybe you are…I don’t know projecting…putting memories from before on to people you are meeting.”

“You don’t understand, Willow was my best friend for like 7 years, I know what she looked like, who she is and you; I don’t believe…this isn’t the first time you have held me when I cried,” Buffy noted the surprised look on Tara’s face. “Oh no, not like that…I mean, we weren’t lovers, if that’s what you are thinking and yes, I know you are gay…you are right?”

“Your mother could have told you that, she knows…”

“But you were in my delusions. Your mother died when you were 17. Your father and brother abused you, mentally and physically…”

“N-nothing your m-mom couldn’t have told you,” mumbled Tara.

Buffy felt her heart go out as she saw raw pain on Tara’s face. “Here too, damn I’m sorry… I mean I knew about your mom but I can’t believe those bastards hurt you. I should have kicked Donnie’s butt…god I’m talking crazy, either that’s real or this is real; they both can’t be and if it isn’t then your image is just something that is being used like Mom to make me wish this were real. To have you both back. To have Xander, Willow and even Dawn unscarred by the things that happened to us all. It’s too easy, too much of what I would really want. There must be something really evil trying to distract me.”

Tara felt out of her depth. “Maybe you should talk to your Doctor.” Her mind was also stuck on part of what Buffy had said. Why was she talking about her and Joyce being back and the others unscarred? She didn’t want to press, to encourage Buffy to live out her delusions anymore.

“You wanted to know and now you are running away. It’s hard to have a friend who is a nut job; isn’t it,” said Buffy bitterly.

“No, I just don’t know what I can do to help, Buffy I’m real. Dawn is real. I remember your mom visiting you in the hospital for years. Please, I’m sure this is just a case of seeing people and you have missed out of so much that you want us all to have been a part of that time,” said Tara and hugging Buffy again briefly. “I can’t prove to you that I am real, but I will be here for you anytime you want me or just need to talk.”

Buffy rubbed her palms against her temples. “Thank you and what you said makes about as much sense as anything I can think of.” But in her heart she had decided that she would just see what a friendship with Tara would bring her. This surely would lead her to the truth of the matter.

Tara felt a sense of relief because although Buffy has talked calmly there had been an almost fanatical glint in here eyes. “And you will keep up your lessons with Fred?”

“Yeah I…hold on a minute how did you…you’ve spoken to my mom, haven’t you?”

“She was worried about you,” said Tara, fearing she had blown it.

“That’s okay, I can’t blame her for that, I mean she probably thought I was having a relapse,” said Buffy mildly, all the time her mind was whirring she was sure she was right now, that Tara could lead her to the answer, if she just played her part.

Tara sighed with relief. “I’m gonna head back home and tell your mom it’s okay for her to come back.”

Buffy smiled and nodded.

TBC

The Glorious People Republic of Treacle Mine Road;

Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love and a Hard Boiled Egg

Edited by: Magrat70 at: 7/15/04 12:33 am

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:09 pm 
Yay! There you are. I was wondering where you went. Glad to have you back.

Nice update. Buffy finally opening up a little, even if Tara isn't quite grasping everything yet.

Can't wait to see what's next.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~ Tara

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:47 pm 
Ooh, an update and a good one too. So, I wonder which reality was/is 'real'. It's great the Buffy's opening up (although nobody believes her), and a small part of me wants her to just accept the 'new' life. But, of course, it wouldn't be that simple. Anyway, thanks for the update.

Yvonne:peace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:06 pm 
Yay I'm So Glad There Is An Update I Love This Fic And I Got All Excited When I Saw It Up. Thank You For Updating :)

Hopefully There Will Be Another Soon? :D

D2D

Dreams To Dream In The Dark Of The Night, When The World Goes Wrong, I Can Still Make It Right...- Dreams To Dream

I Don't Know About You Miss Kitty,But I Feel A Whole Lot Yummier. - Catwoman

Post subject: Re: Normality
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:33 pm 
I can finally stop :gnome my hair now that you have updated this fic. Not a moment to soon ... it was starting to hurt.:lol

It took a great deal of courage for Buffy to share the truth regarding her delusions with Tara. Though Tara is a bit confused by the disclosure (which is to be expected); it was nice to see her make it clear to Buffy she would be there for her anytime. Very classic Tara... the kind; sweet; care-taker.

The ever present question of reality or delusion regarding Buffy's memories still has me wondering:hmm . I am looking forward to more clues in the next update.:read

Another great chapter Magrat.:clap

Edited by: PeachyNectar at: 7/15/04 2:39 am

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:18 am 
Hy Wendy,

this is getting more interesting with every posting...

Is Buffy facing reality or illusion...I simply can´t decide...I´ll probably have to wait and see where you leed us:D :D

I simply can´t thing of a better solution !!???:hmm :hmm :hmm

Aishling

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:34 am 
Ooh yay..an update..and a wonderful one. Love it :love . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:09 am 
Sweet :D

i loved the talk between Tara and Buffy

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?
Welcome friends, how may I pervert you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:04 am 
Awwwwwww.....

Poor Buffy. So confused. That whole thing really would put a strain on a person. Good thing she's got Tara.

Continue soon?

Sincerely,

:flower BWR

If homosexuals dont reproduce, why are there so many of them?-Jim David

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:24 am 
Wow i had lots to read :shy i had like 5 pages left...damn i kinda forgot about this story *shame* but now i will read it regularly, cuz i love this story. i didnt know how much i missed this story till i started to read the other updates LOL

But now i have to wait for the next one BUMMER i hate to wait...hopefully ur next wont take u too long.:pray

Buffy is so totaly confused i hope that she will find a person who will believe her. maybe Tara and Willow can help her with a spell or something...err i havent even read that they are witches so :hmm well i will see in ur next updates!:D

Great work, me wants definitely more:heart

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

"I wish that you were here or that I were there, or that we were together anywhere!"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:02 am 
Wimpy: yep back finally with this. Buffy’s opening up to Tara is very important and is something that will end up as crucial.

Onxysundrops: Hmm which is real, well we couldn’t give that way yet no could we:devilish ?

DeamsToDream: believe it or not there will be one very, very soon.

PeacyNectar: Won’t take all the credit for Tara being so kind and caring; a couple of things were suggested by my beat which softened it up a lot.

Sorry about the hair, I’ll try not to leave it so long next time:rofl .

Aishling: that is the big question and:hmm …I really can’t tell you:devilish :lmao .

Sam darls: Thank you

Grimaldi: it was necessary Buffy couldn’t just keep seeing people form her “delusions” without something giving; glad you think it worked.

BurningWhiteRose: there will be more soon and yes Tara will continue to be very important to Buffy as things progress

Stroke of Luck: Glad you have enjoyed catching and I promise there won’t be one of my legendry gaps before the next update.

Thank to Beth as always for all her help:kgeek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:52 am 
Title: Normality part 8

Spoilers: as above

Disclaimer: not mine blah, blah

Normality part 8

Joyce left Tara and Dawn’s house in a flourish of thank you’s and sorrys. Tara was happy and grateful when she was finally able to shut the door and collapse into her favorite armchair. The blonde took a deep breath and closed her eyes, it had been a long day and she had gone through so many emotional highs and lows that suddenly she felt shattered, her limbs heavy and before she knew it her lids had closed and she was fast asleep.

“You’re back…” said Dawn and then in a whisper. “Oh, you’re asleep.” She tiptoed away from her sister and headed into the kitchen when the phone rang. Dawn snatched the kitchen extension up quickly so she didn’t disturb her sister. “Hello…oh hi Jitty…Tara’s asleep…Do you want me to wake her?...Okay, yeah I’m excited about the wedding…Okay… I’ll check for you.” Dawn tucked the phone under her chin and went to the kitchen calendar. “She’s got the fitting down for 4: 30 Friday. I can’t wait. Are you still going to pick me up from school? 2.30, and we can hang for a while and I can still stay tonight? Cool, catch you Friday.”

“Who was that?” Asked Tara, walking into the kitchen stretching and yawning.

Dawn decided she couldn’t resist playing her sister a little. “Hmm Willow, I called her for you and arranged a date for Friday.

“W-what?” Asked Tara, sagging at the knees slightly and then she narrowed her eyes as she caught her sister’s grin. “Dawn?”

“Oh-okay it was Jitty, but you know I have a point, if someone doesn’t push you, nothing will happen,” said Dawn.

“Hey, that’s not fair, I phoned her,” said Tara plaintively. “It’s just something came up.”

Dawn looked at her sister expectantly

“What?” Asked Tara.

“Phone her again. I’m staying with Jitty on Friday, why don’t you phone her and ask her to go on a date. You won’t have to worry about me or anything,” said Dawn.

“She’ll think I’m weird; calling her then putting the phone down, then calling her again,” said Tara.

“Just explain,” said Dawn. “And if she doesn’t understand then she isn’t good enough for you anyway. Avoidy much anyway, it’ll be okay.”

Tara put her arm around her sister’s shoulder and gave her a brief squeeze. “I love you Sweetie. I’ll call her.”

“Hi,” said Willow, into her phone without checking whom the call was from. She started to cough and splutter and Fred threw her a concerned look, which the redhead waved away. “Tara, how are you? No it’s okay I understand.” Willow listened for a couple of minutes. “That would be great. Do you want me to pick you up? Okay about 6. Yeah, I think I know where it is.” Willow clicked off the phone and grinned into space.

“Well?” Asked Fred.

“What? Replied Willow, looking innocent.

“What did she want?” Asked Fred.

“Who?” Asked Willow.

Fred laughed. “You want to make this difficult don’t ya? Tara, why did she call?”

“She asked me to dinner on Friday, she is taking me to an Indian restaurant she knows. I’m picking her from a shop nearby. She apologised for earlier, she said something came up, something with Buffy’s mom,” said Willow. “Hey, she asked me on a date.”

“Wow, it took you long enough to figure out; what with your genius I.Q and all,” teased Fred. “But really that’s great.”

“What’s great?” Asked Xander, as he entered the apartment.

“Will’s got a date,” answered Fred.

“Who with?” Asked Xander. “Tell me it isn’t Penny.”

“No, it’s Tara,” explained Fred.

“Tara, from the other night?” Asked Xander. “How did I miss that? I mean I was there and I didn’t see any sparkage.”

“Maybe if you hadn’t been eyeing up Buffy…”

“I resent that,” protested Xander. “I was eyeing up both of them.”

“And this is why you are useless with women” said Fred. “You never pay attention.”

As her two friends were talking, Willow attempted to sneak away to her room.

“Hey, were do you think you’re going?” Asked Xander. “I want all the gory details.”

“Look, there is nothing to tell. She asked me…”

“She asked you?” Xander interrupted. “Go Will, she must be really keen.”

“It’s no big deal and I might have read the signs wrong and she just wants me to go out as friends,” said Willow and then noting the disbelieving looks of her friends she added. “I don’t want to make this a big deal. I want to go out and have fun with her and if it works out great, if it doesn’t then I have a new friend.”

Xander opened his mouth to ask how much fun but caught the look in Willow’s eyes, they had a look he knew from childhood. A look that said I have made up my mind and I don’t want to talk about it.

“What are you going to wear? Oh, where will you take her?” Asked Dawn excitedly.

“I’ll take her to Bobby’s and I don’t know what to wear,” said Tara. She sat down on a stool at the breakfast bar I shouldn’t have asked her; it was a moment of madness. I don’t have time…”

“Tara, why haven’t you dated since Mom died?” Asked Dawn.

“I had to take care of you and I had school, work everything. I didn’t have time,” said Tara.

Dawn pulled her sister’s hair back and to started divide it so you she could braid it. “Maybe it’s time you made time for you; you know it’s what Mom would have wanted.”

“Hey that’s cheating,” said Tara softly. “It’s only me who is allowed to play the Mom card.”

“I think I’m old enough to play it too, but you’ll go?” Asked Dawn insistently.

“I wouldn’t let the woman down,” said Tara. “And I’ll probably have a new friend, if nothing else.”

“Cool,” said Dawn.

TBC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:21 am 
I like that they both know that they'll have a new friend even if it doesn't work out romantically (as if that would ever happen). Also, Tara's excuse for not having time is running thin, it's good that she took a chance. Great update, thanks.

Yvonne:peace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:29 am 
:applause :clap :applause

Tara finally came out of her shell! She called Willow, asked her out and now... Now all she has to do is find an outfit. Add a pinch of starlight, a car, some mucic (Dean Martin or the likes) and TADA!! Kisses galore!!

Cant wait for the date!!!! :bounce

Sincerely,

:flower BWR

If homosexuals dont reproduce, why are there so many of them?-Jim David

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:33 am 
Way to go pushy Dawn:clap . Tara and Willow needed someone to give them a gentle nudge to get the ball rolling, and now the date has been set. Will our two lovely ladies be to nervous to speak; will Willow go into babble mode; ... I sit her patiently:whistle (:bounce okay not so patiently) waiting to find out. Like your choice of cuisine too... Indian ... one of my favs.:)

I love the relationship between Tara and Dawn. You have taken their bond which was established on the series to another level. Tara has clearly devoted herself to her sisters well-being and happiness, which again is very easy to believe. I enjoyed how in this update you allowed Dawn to show her maturity by letting Tara know it's okay she starts living a little. Very Sweet.:heart

Can't wait to see what happens on the date. Please don't make it a long wait... my hair has just started to grow back:gnome :lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:27 pm 

I like Dawn, kid's got spunk! lol (don't mind me...)

Love the plan, and both girl's expectations are very reasonable.

Can't wait for more!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:48 pm 
Yay They Are Going Out On A Date!! This Is So Exciting! LoL

:bounce :bounce

D2D

Dreams To Dream In The Dark Of The Night, When The World Goes Wrong, I Can Still Make It Right...- Dreams To Dream

I Don't Know About You Miss Kitty,But I Feel A Whole Lot Yummier. - Catwoman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:58 pm 
They're... going... out... on a DATE! Yay! I am so happy right now! They're gonna date! *does a little happy dance* You know, I'm so happy right now, you can have a banana! :eatme

It's insulting to the whole gender[sic] of rap.

~Eminem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:50 am 
Awww a date..yay!! :heart Wonderful update. Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:47 pm 
Onyxsundrops: I agree it is time Tara started to live and I’m sure she will.

BurningWhiteRose: maybe not that romantic but a nice time I think

Stroke of Luck: a little longer update next and I promise a shit time isn’t had

PeachyNectar: I loved the Tara/ Dawn relationship and wanted to explore it further, so I’m pleased you like it. More very soon we can’t have you bald now can we:lmao ?

Arwen: I think the fact that it is kept low key means it will be better that either expected.

DreamToDream: Thank you.

Tempest Duer: thank you, I love bananas :rofl

Sam darls: now you are just making me :blush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:12 pm 
Very nice update. A "friendly" date hmmm... at least it's a start. Well done. :applause

BH

Beauty in things lies in the mind which contemplates them - David Hume

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:20 am 
Title: Normality part 9

Spoilers: as before

Disclaimer: Not mine blah, blah.

Thanks to Bhubinder and Niharika for some extra help.

Normality part 9

Jitty parked her car in the small private parking lot at the back of the shop, with the very original name of ‘House of Saris’. She had been trying to start a conversation with Tara, but without getting much back. The blonde seemed very pensive and nervous. Dawn bounded from the back of the car towards the shop and Jitty let her go ahead and waited for Tara. “What’s wrong?”

“N-nothing.”

“That won’t wash with me; I know you better so spill,” said Jitty.

“I have a date. I told Dawn not to say anything to you.”

“You are going on a date?” Disbelief sounded rich in Jitty’s voice.

“Thanks for your support,” said Tara. “I can get a date you know.”

“I didn’t mean it like that,” said Jitty. “When is it?”

“Tonight,” Tara replied.

They entered the shop; Dawn was already talking to the woman behind the counter.

“Are you taking her back to the house?” Asked Jitty.

“No, of course not,” said Tara, louder than she meant to causing a few heads to turn toward them, including Dawn who was talking to Jitty’s mom who had already arrived at the shop, they both waved at them. Tara continued only quieter. “It’s just a first date; I’m taking her to Bobby’s.”

“Oh, you are going to impress her with Punjabi food huh?” Asked Jitty. “Where is she meeting you?”

“Here.”

“Does she know about Dawn?”

“Yes, of course she does. She is a friend of Buffy’s tutor,” answered Tara.

“A blind date then?”

“No, we went to the movies…”

“I thought you said this was a first date?” Probed Jitty.

“Jitty, stop it,” snapped Tara. “I am not a defendant, if you want to know I’ll tell you. It’s simple I went out with Buffy to meet a group of people, Willow was amongst them; we got along, ergo date.”

“Tara, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to...I promised your mom I would always look out for you both, but even if I hadn’t too many things have happened…I love you both like you were my sisters.” Jitty said softly and then in a firmer voice, “be careful.”

. “I will and I know you love Dawn and me,” said Tara.

“We better not keep Mom waiting any longer,” said Jitty, pointing toward her mother who was tapping her wrist and looking impatient.

Willow parked her car in the lot, where Tara had told her. She had thought the other woman was going to cancel their date but she had been quite touched when she had realized that Tara was worried that she wouldn’t be able to find somewhere to park her car. She approached the shop feeling a little nervous; maybe she should have bought some flowers or something, but reasoned that that might embarrass Tara turning up in front of a shop full of people with flowers. Willow took a deep breath and entered the shop; she walked through the crowd of women who were looking at material and various saris. She started to feel a little panicked when she caught sight of them and her heart skipped a beat when she saw Tara. Willow remembered her being beautiful but she didn’t remember her being quite as beautiful as she looked now. She had on a pale blue silk outfit picked out with silver thread; the outfit was a pair of loose fitting trousers and an ornate over shirt. On trembling legs Willow approached them.

Jitty’s mother fussed around them, making sure that all the scarves matched with everyone’s outfits. “Remember you must have your chunni at the temple.”

“We know ma,” said Jitty.

Her mother ran her fingers through Dawn’s hair. “Such lovely long hair, if only Jitander could be persuaded to grow hers again.”

“Ma!” exclaimed Jitty.

“Only kidding, dear,” said her mother. “I can’t wait to see how wound up you’ll get by the end of the wedding.”

Tara and Dawn giggled knowing that her Mom was one person that could always rock the lawyer’s self-confidence and cool.

“Hi,” said Willow, smiling shyly.

“W-willow, sorry we are running a little behind. I’ll get changed and be with you in a few minutes,” said Tara.

“I’ll come with you dear, do you want me to take your outfit?” Asked Jitty’s mother.

“Please Amarjeet and will you take Dawn’s for me too?” Asked Tara.

“I’m Dawn,” said the teenager offering her hand as her sister bustled away.

“I’m pleased to meet you,” said Willow, who was surprised that the tall girl didn’t let go of her hand but instead moved closer and whispered in her ear.

“If you hurt my sister I will beat you to death with a shovel,” she moved back from Willow and gave the stunned redhead a big grin. “A vague disclaimer is nobody’s friend. Have fun tonight.”

“I will, I think,” Willow said weakly.

“I’m Jitty,” said the lawyer, who had watched the little exchange with an amused smile on her face. “And you are Tara’s date?”

“Uhm yes,” said Willow wondering what was coming next, the small women gave off an air of power and self assuredness that the student found a little intimidating and she was relieved that before anything else could be said Tara re-appeared dressed in black jeans and a white peasant blouse, that showed enough of a cleavage for Willow’s mind to go blank.

“Are you ready?” Asked Tara.

Willow nodded.

“Great, the restaurant is just a block down from here. You can leave your car here and we can walk,” said Tara. “I hope you like Indian food.”

The owner of the restaurant greeted Willow and Tara as they arrived. “Jitander and your lovely sister aren’t with you tonight?”

“Not tonight Mr. Singh it’s just a table for two,” answered Tara.

“I’ve told you before, call me Bobby,” said the man as he led them over to a booth in the corner and handed them menus. “Drinks?”

“Pepsi, please,” said Tara.

“Same here, please,” said Willow.

He gave them a graceful bow presented them with their menus and left them.

“It’s nice in here,” said Willow. “I’ve never heard of it before.”

“It’s more popular within the Indian population, it’s doesn’t really cater for western tastes,” explained Tara. “But the food is excellent.”

Willow nodded and picked up the menu, there were a lot of dishes she recognized but quite a number that she didn’t. “So what’s good?” She asked, deciding that she would let Tara guide her.

“Hmm,” said Tara. “I know how about Thali?”

“What’s that?” Asked Willow,

“It’s a mixture of some starters and it has a couple of little main courses, a dhal, pickles, some rice, chappatis and a sweet,” explained Tara. “That way if there is something you don’t like then you can leave it.”

“Okay,” said Willow.

Tara gestured to the waiter who came over and took their order.

“So did Jitty tell you about the place?” Asked Willow.

“Yeah, she took me here. Oh did I mention all the food is vegetarian. I hope you don’t mind. I’m such a cliché, I’m a vegetarian, lesbian and I even own a cat. Well, when I say own he is this big black and white cat that turns up to be fed every morning and night and then makes the house his own and I’m sorry that I am gabbling; I’m a little nervous.” Tara was slightly breathless and had started to go a little red in the face.

“Funny, I thought it was only me that that happened to,” said Willow, amused and charmed. This woman had put her at her ease with her natural warmth, but there was one thing that was nagging at back of her mind and she needed to get it out. “Who’s Jitty? I mean I know she was at the shop and she knew I was your date.”

“She’s my lawyer,” Tara answered.

“Do you usually go shopping with your lawyer…” Willow stopped a second as the waiter arrived with the food. “I didn’t mean it quite the way that it came out, most people aren’t that close with their lawyers or even have them.”

“It’s a long story and that is a deep fried chilli in batter; okay too late,” said Tara, as Willow spluttered. “Hmm s-sorry.”

Willow wiped the tears away from her eyes and looked into Tara’s concerned eyes and for a second she thought she could get used to being cared for by those eyes. “I’m fine don’t worry, it wasn’t that hot just went down the wrong way and please tell me your long story; I’m interested.”

“When my Mom knew she was dying from cancer she looked around for the best lawyer she could find who could help draw up a will and trust fund for me and Dawn. She found Jitty, she practises family law and her and my Mom became close friends. When it became obvious my Mom was going to die before I was 18, Jitty put my Mom’s mind at ease by becoming our legal guardian until I came of age. I suppose you could say she’s more like a big sister,” said Tara.

Willow listened to the way Tara told her story, in a low flat voice without looking at her. She could tell the other woman had so much emotion held inside, but Willow shied away from pushing. It didn’t feel like the best thing to do on a first date, although the redhead stored it away for another time and maybe to ask what had happened to Tara’s Dad. “She sounds like a special person. I don’t think most lawyers would be that caring. What is this? Is it a sweet?” Willow pointed to a sponge on their joint plate of starters.

“It’s a sponge with mustard seeds,” said Tara.

“Yuk, I hate mustard,” said Willow.

“Me too,” giggled Tara at the face the redhead made and then a little more serious. “And you’re right she is a special person. She knows what it’s like to have an insecure future as a child. I think that is why she helped.”

“I’m sorry if I’m prying, but explain?” Asked Willow as she pushed aside the starters and looked started at the round metal plate that held a number of small metal bowls with the rest of her food in them.

“No it’s okay. Her family were from Uganda; she was amongst the Indians who were given 90 days to leave by Idi Amin. Jitty doesn’t remember too much about it but her family moved around a lot. They went to England first, but her mom went to school here so eventually they settled in the states,” said Tara. “But I’ve spoken way too much about me, how about you?”

“Well I’m boring really,” said Willow.

“You could never be boring,” said Tara. “Okay was that a little corny?”

“Only if you didn’t mean it,” said Willow.

Tara didn’t know what came over her, she had talked more than she was ever used to and Willow made her feel very comfortable. She squeezed Willow’s hand. “I meant it, I don’t think you could be boring.”

Willow felt the tingle in her hand long after Tara let it go. “Charmer.”

“I d-don’t…how is your food?” Asked Tara.

“Good, really good,” said Willow, they sat in silence for a while as they finished their food; it wasn’t a forced silence but comfortable, safe.

Tara gestured for a waiter to come over. “Can I have the check please?” He nodded and brought it over in a dish.

“How much do I owe you?” Asked Willow, taking her wallet from her jacket pocket.

“No, I asked you here; I insist on paying,” said Tara, throwing some bills on the plate.

“Okay, thank you, but next time I pay,” said Willow.

Tara gave Willow a smile that almost stopped her heart with its radiance. “So there’ll be another date?”

“Oh yeah,” said Willow. “I’d like that a lot.”

Tara took her cell phone out.

“What are you doing?” Asked Willow.

“I thought I’d call a cab,” answered Tara.

“I’ll give you a ride home,” said Willow.

“If you don’t mind,” said Tara and then a little uncertainly. “Actually my s-sister is staying with Jitty, if you would like to come in for c-coffee.”

Willow nodded and smiled.

TBC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:31 am 
Yay, they had a great date and they wanna repeat it WOOHOOOOOOOO i see tons of dates coming for them:D

Dawnie was too nice to Willow. tz killing with a shovel OI:shock i hope she will love Willow like Tara will/does. well as a good friend and her sis lover of course:p

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

"I wish that you were here or that I were there, or that we were together anywhere!"

Post subject: Re: Very Sweet
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:10 am 
Could this possibly have been any cuter... I think not.:love What a great first date;great conversation; getting to know one another, with only a slight bit of choking.:lol I enjoyed how you had Tara being the one in full babble mode... very cute change of pace.

It was good to hear the entire story of how Jitty (and her Mum) came to be a part of Tara/Dawn's life. I am enjoying the character of Jitty; and found her moms quibs very amusing.

Big scary Dawn making large with the butch threating Willow.:lmao Her protectiveness of her older sister is adorable, and very endearing. Gotta say I'm liking your Dawn much more than the one on the series.

Well I guess theres no fear for Tara inviting Willow in for coffee... no signs of her being a vamp in this universe.;) Do I dare hope to believe there may be some smooches:kiss2 in the next update?:pray

Really enjoying the direction you are taking this fic... and looking forward to more... soon?:pray

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:22 am 
This is really good. I am glad you are updating this story again. I cant wait to see how it progresses...

Toni

"Can't you write straight?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:17 am 

I like this!!! it's so cute! and she ended up inviting willow to her home afterall!!!!

lol

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:28 am 
Aww cute date :heart ..and nows Willow's going back with Tara..aww. Great update. Love sam xx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next