The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: good!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:27 pm 
So, now poor Willow will have to come out as a Wolf, not just as a lesbian! :lol

The smelling Tara before she touched her was nice, but I sorta expected Tara to think what was she smelling of, if Willow could smell her from this far away!

Oh, and something important: no Irish with "just" three siblings would regard his/her family as "big"! I know, I know, especially for an Italian like me, used to families with no more than 1-2 children, this is crazy, but it happens to me all the time. People with like 4-5 siblings always adamantly say "we're not a big family" here in Dublin!

Waiting for your next update! :boot

Post subject: Re: good!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:59 pm 
Aww that was cute! What with giggly Tara and Willow smelling her. Though if I was Tara, I would've wanted to know HOW she had smelled me, because it's just not every day that you sneak up one someone and they know you're there because they smell you. And if they can smell you, that's normally a really bad sign. Still think this story rocks though! *knocks on wood with all the other kittens*

"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die...it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive"

Post subject: Update!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:29 pm 
Wow, that was faster than I thought. I'm here again with another update. But first, answering to your feedback:

ultimatecouple: Thanks a lot, I hope you keep on reading and having fun, I know I'm having a blast writing it.

%%WORD29%„: Well, Willow's evasiveness has a reason, it's not just her trying to be mysterious (though I'm sure she enjoy surprising people). It will all clear up eventually, I have no idea when, I'm just going with the flow here.

Tempest Duer: Knock on wood indeed. My stash of ideas is pretty full right now, so I don't think I'll be running out anytime soon. I really think it's due to the fact I'm taking things slow and not jumping facts anywhere, so I still have plenty to write about.

hidden watson:

Quote:
Love giggly, flirty Tara. Wonder what she told her Mom and how she (both Tara and her Mom) will react when she learns that she's Willow's mate.

Yeah, that will be one interesting scene when Tara finally comes out to her mom. And Tara will have lots of reasons to be giggly in the near future. I'm in a pretty lovey dovey mood, so expect lots of fluffyness.

Irishgrl3: Aw, thanks. I knew I owed you lot some Tara POV, after all I had Willow telling most of the story. Can't be unfair with our girls, now can we?

SaraBiga: :rotfl Yes, Willow 'coming out' will surely mark History, I'm not sure yet exactly how I'm going to do it. Suggestions?

Quote:
Oh, and something important: no Irish with "just" three siblings would regard his/her family as "big"! I know, I know, especially for an Italian like me, used to families with no more than 1-2 children, this is crazy, but it happens to me all the time. People with like 4-5 siblings always adamantly say "we're not a big family" here in Dublin!

Seriously? Shoot, I didn't know that. You see, I'm Brazilian so most people I know have a family of three children tops and that's considered a lot anyway. In my case we're four and that can be pretty crowded here. So I didn't think about what would be the Irish average. Good hint, thanks!

stillrunning: The smelling thing would be pretty strange, but either Tara thought Willow was kidding or she just associated it with Willow's mysterious persona. Or that was what I was trying to do anyway. Yes, let's all make a choir of wood knocking to prevent my ideas from running away! :banana

I'm so happy with the reactions I'm getting that I decided to give you kittens a treat on the end of this chapter, I hope you enjoy it, because it will snowball from here.

CHAPTER 6 - UNDER SUSPICION

After Willow and Tara’s hasty retreat, Faith didn’t linger much longer in the library, just enough to confirm her status as a Slayer and the absence of her watcher. Willow’s demeanor bothered the brunette Slayer, but the redhead had given her no reason to mistrust her, so she would give her the benefice of the doubt. Meanwhile she had things to do.

“Well, that was… interesting.” Buffy said after Faith’s departure.

“Indeed.” Giles industrially cleaned his glasses. “Faith is certainly eh, um…”

“Skanky?” Cordelia provided, glaring at Xander.

“What did I do?”

“Oh, why bother?” she rolled her eyes.

“Don’t think it’s strange? I mean, we have a new Slayer in town who just happened to meet Willow the night she arrived. And Willow with her cryptic answers, why did she ran away?” Buffy said.

“Yes, it’s indeed suspicious, but I don’t think Willow is a threat. Awfully polite girl.” Giles murmured the last part to himself.

“She’s not normal.” Oz stated, making every eye turn to him.

“What do you mean, not normal?” Xander asked curiously.

Oz looked at him impassively. “As in I don’t think she’s human. Not completely.”

“Huh? She looked human to me.”

“And she’s not a vampire either.” Buffy chimed in.

“Do you think she may be some kind of demon?” Giles asked, his interest picked.

“I think she’s a werewolf. She smells different from normal humans. When I asked-“

“You talked to her about this?” Cordelia looked at him in disbelief. “Subtle much?”

Oz’s face remained expressionless. “I asked her if she was like me. She said ‘more or less’.”

“How can you be ‘more or less’ a werewolf?” Buffy asked.

“Perhaps she’s something similar.” Giles mused. “I never heard of anything like this.”

“So she’ll go on a killing rampage every full moon?” Cordelia asked haughtily. “Just what we need, more things to kill.”

“But we don’t have any proof of this, right? We can’t go all ‘Kill Bill’ on her.” Xander intervened.

“I think research is in order.” Giles headed for his books.

“Just great.” Cordelia muttered.

“Maybe I can confront her about this?” Buffy suggested.

“She won’t tell anything.” Oz said.

“How do you know?”

“She said she can’t.”

“Can’t or won’t?” Buffy pressed.

Oz merely shrugged. He didn’t know.

“You will do no such thing yet, we have to gather as much information as we can first.” Giles returned with an armful of books.

“Maybe Oz can do the hacker thing? You know, to find information on Will?”

All eyes turned to Xander in surprise.

“What? I can give a good suggestion now and then.” He said indignantly.

“Yes, well, I think that may be a good idea to use that blasted machine in this case.” Giles looked at Oz expectantly.

The werewolf nodded and took his laptop from his backpack.

“Strange.” He commented after a few minutes.

“What?” Buffy came to look over his shoulders.

“I’m trying to access her student file, this is usually very easy but…” He frowned.

“And here comes the ominous ‘but’.” Xander announced jokingly, receiving glares from the others except Oz, whose gaze was still focused on the screen of his laptop.

“The security around her file is pretty tight. It will take me hours to break through.”

“Just her file? Well, if that isn’t suspicious I don’t know what is.” Cordelia said. “Sadly, we don’t have time for this now, lunchtime will be over soon.”

“Yes, maybe we should concentrate on the books for now.” Giles said.

“We can come back after classes.”

Oz’s eyes were still on the screen as his fingers flew on the keyboard. Then the strangest thing happened. Oz stopped cold and his eyes widened. That was the most expression he’d ever shown. Buffy was the first to notice.

“I was cut off.” Oz said emotionless, turning his laptop for all to see.

The screen was completely black and there was something written in white:

I DON’T KNOW WHY YOU’RE TRYING TO ACCESS THIS FILE, BUT I SUGGEST YOU STOP STICKING YOUR NOSE IN WHAT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Then it shut down completely.

“Oh.”

Meanwhile in the desert school gym…

“What happened in there?” Tara asked.

“I… I…T’is complicated.” Willow sighed.

“You could start at the beginning.” Tara said gently.

Willow looked at the blonde intently. She was scared and didn’t know what to say. “I… Listen, Tara. I ‘ave a secret, a big secret that isn’t just mine to tell. T’is a family secret.”

“Oh.” Tara looked disappointed.

“Tara.” Willow took hold of both of her hands. “I don’t know wha’ to do now, but I promise ye this: I will tell ye everything as soon as I can. But… those people in the library? They can’t know, that’s why I ran.”

Tara looked into Willow’s eyes. “If it’s that important, I don’t need to know.”

Willow cupped her cheek gently. “Yes, ye do. Yer important to me, Tara. I need to tell ye. Just not now.”

Tara swallowed. Important?

“I need to talk to my father, ‘e will know wha’ to do.” Willow said almost to herself.

Tara was finding it increasingly difficult to concentrate with Willow’s hand still on her cheek. The redhead was so close. Close enough to… “W-Willow?”

Willow’s eyes met Tara’s. I want to kiss you, Willow heard Tara in her mind. The redhead’s mouth went dry, should she… right now? What if… Then it all became clear. Now was the time. “Aye?”

Their faces got closer, so close they were sharing the same air. Hearts pounded inside their chests, eyes fluttered close. So close now. Willow slid her hand no Tara’s nape, fingers idly playing with the baby soft hair there. Then their lips met, just a slight caress of lips opening and closing against each other. It was electric. A tongue darted out, but instead of asking entrance, it simply ran along a full lower lip, tasting it, then sucking slightly on the supple flesh. It was slow, gentle, sensual…

And absolutely perfect.

TBC…

So... How was it? Do I get a cookie? :bounce

Well, I think the rhythm of my updates is going to be like this for some time, at least while I'm still on vacation. It ends on the 21st, but I don't think school is going to be such a hindrance, well, until the tests start anyway. So keep watch for another update soon!

Anna

Edited by: Warduke at: 3/11/05 7:31 pm

Post subject: Re: Update!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:59 pm 
I don't think I've sounded off on this fic yet so I'm going to now. This is a fantastic idea. I happend to read it shortly after I got back from a 'ghost tour' which ended at the pub where I sat around talking with some Irish blokes. Convienent for me to hear the Irish accent just before reading.

But Irish Willow...very appropriate...red hair and all. I'm enjoying the Wolf-people. Reminds me of a story I started to write when I was young but the wolf-people in my story were Germanic. Never finished it though because I'm not that good at writing....or wasn't...I think I've gotten better now anyway.

And this recent update. Scoobies are getting curious...I'm wondering how much they will find. And Oz that hacker.....funny.

Right you also get a bonus with the updates. My more recent favourite phrase is "Go Update Go!" So you get a Go Update Go! Nicely done.

"If truth is stranger than fiction then where are the flying monkeys?" - Daria

Sugas mea papilium (Suck my butterfly) - A Woman in Uniform by umgaynow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:33 pm 
You most definitely get a cookie. I'll bake you a whole batch. What's your favorite kind?

Oz as a hacker... *sniggers*

I got bitten by a drunk lesbian! Does that mean I'll turn into one?

~my friend Mary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:26 pm 
A tray of chocolate chip cookies, fresh out of the Aga, is on your way, looks like the kittens will be kept busy baking cookies, yippee!

Brilliant portrait of the Scoobies, they are so right to be suspicious, well at least enough to want to find out more. We often forget Oz was the other student courted by the Big Computer Corporation at high school, so his has skillz dude. The warning on Willow's file is great though, she put it there herself I presume?

I wonder why Willow can't tell the Scoobies about her heritage. She'd be surprised accepting they will be, once their suspicions are allayed. In fact, the more avoidy she is, the more they (especially Buffy) will dig. Sounds like a direct route to a potentially ugly confrontation there.

And now to the kiss at the end. All I can say is, SWOOOOOON.

------

quiet thoughts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:26 pm 
:bow Great!

I have to say, I've never really imagined the scoobies researching Willow... it's all sort of foreign but totally believable and good.

And the kiss... the kiss. :kiss2 I like where this is going.

Post subject: re:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:21 am 
:sheep :thud

It's perfect!

This is a great fic! I just couldn't get used to "o'connor".

Are you a paul walker fan?

Please update soon!!!

Post subject: Great!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:55 am 
This is a fantastic story, I love IRish Wolf Willow! More soon!

Post subject: Re: Great!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:31 am 
Will famous Amos do for you? About 200 grams of Chocolate Chip Cookies? Hehehe...I loved it!! It's nice and sweet. PLEASE CONTINUE!!

photographer02

Post subject: Re:Great!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:24 pm 
Awesome story...oh and here's your cookie (if there was a cookie smiley thing-y I'd insert it here but there isn't so...:eatme have a banana instead, it's healthier)

Post subject: Re: Re:Great!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:15 pm 
Great update and how the scoobies are somewhat let into the secret. Faith's introduction to the group was much better this time. The interactions between Willow and Tara are still sweet as ever and I am glad to learn that Tara's mom is alive and that her "family" and i use the term lightly are out of the picture. YAY first kiss goodness but :shock for leaving it there although a little tease never hurt anyone :laugh . I originally was going to leave a shorter feedback cause reading or writing right now isn't one of my favorite things (I blame Don Quixote I &II) but i couldn't resist leaving praise for the wonderful update :bow

More updates soon please :pray

Silent :bigwave

It's like I can't breathe, It's like I can't see anything, Nothing but you, I'm addicted to you

- Kelly Clarkson "Addicted"

Edited by: silentinformer  at: 2/13/05 7:16 pm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:55 am 
:bow

That was so awesome! This story is great. I love it.

:no

Haha. The computer shut down on Oz.

:wtkiss

Awesome lip locking action with Tara and Willow.

:D

Edited by: Warduke at: 2/14/05 7:07 am

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:32 am 
*hands you a whole tray of cookies*

That was wonderful! I love the computer kicking Oz off. It's about time someone wasn't able to hack into something! And that kiss was great, small but still significant. Can't wait for more!

"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die...it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:20 am 
Hey there,

I must say I really like the start you've made. I like the idea of Willow as an outsider. She's a powerful wolf but at the same time, kind of just a shy kid who doesn't know enough about her new school. I like the way the relationship between her and Faith has sprung up and the progression of the relationship with Tara. Very nicely done. Looking forward to more.

Contact your Senators to support the Constitution

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” - Martin Luther King

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:32 am 
Nice update! The part where Oz tried to access Willow's files was hysterical. I really like how this story is progressing. :D

Quote:
"It was slow, gentle, sensual…

And absolutely perfect."

-anna

Post subject: Chapter 7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:07 am 
Finally I got the chance to write! Sorry for being no-show for the last few days, Kittens, I had some problems with the computer here.

But I got some good news, first I have here the much awaited update and then... ohmigod, I still can't believe it. I'm going to the States this year! It's so cool, I won a trip to Florida, I'm going to Disneyland!! Sorry, had to vent that out.

Now here on to the update, sorry I can't answer your feedback individually, but I'm dead late for a meeting and my ride is at stake here.

CHAPTER 7 - DOWN FROM CLOUD NINE

That same afternoon Willow was sitting on the leather coach of her living room with a black Apple laptop on her lap, a frown visible on her face as she typed furiously on the keyboard.

All in all, her day had been fabulous. After fleeing awkward encounter with the Scoobies she had taken Tara to the school gym – which was deserted at lunchtime – and talked to her. She had been scared about the talk, but Tara was surprisingly understandable, which only made her urge to tell her everything stronger.

Then they had kissed. Hesitantly at first, then escalating to a gentle exploring of each other’s lips. In those short moments all her senses were flaring with everything Tara. The feel of her soft skin permanently tattooed on her hands, her intoxicating scent filling her lungs, her delicious taste on her lips, her tiny sighs were all she could hear. It all had been perfect, but what she’d never forget, what would be forever etched in her mind was the look of pure bliss on her face after they had parted. The thought that she could make Tara that happy with a single kiss made her soul sing with joy.

If she had any doubts about Tara’s feelings for her they were all gone the moment that Tara breathlessly uttered her name as she lost herself in those endless blue depths. Sadly, the sound of the ringing bell interrupted their moment and they had to part to their respective classes. So with a last kiss on Tara’s soft cheek and a promise to meet her later Willow went to her next class, Word History.

When her last class was finally declared over Willow all but run to the front of the school and was delighted to find Tara coming to her equally breathless. They walked to Tara’s home in a comfortable silence, occasionally sharing a shy glance and blushing when their hands accidentally brushed against each other. On Tara’s porch they had spend several minutes looking away from each other when Willow finally snapped off her shyness and gave Tara’s hand her customary kiss. Then Willow did something incredible: she asked her out. Just blurted it out so fast that Tara almost didn’t catch it, but she did and readily accepted. They shyly agreed on tomorrow night and when Willow was turning around to go Tara surprised her in the most delightful way: she grabbed her by her pants’ beltloops and pulled her into a kiss.

To say that Willow was on cloud nine when she walked into her apartment would be the understatement of the century. Willow sank dreamily onto the couch and stayed there for several moment, reliving the last few minutes in her head. A while later, she decided that it would be best to send word to her father before he sent a squad of Wolves to check on her, so she booted up her trusty laptop – a gift from her oldest brother. A few minutes later, however, her mood darkened considerably.

According to Kyran, she had quite a gift with computers, though she not always used it, it often came in handy. A couple of mouths back she had helped her brother develop a monitoring program that worked almost like a virus in a computer system, not letting anyone without proper clearance access certain files. It didn’t do any harm and it remained hidden as long as no one knew what to look for. This program had been monitoring some systems for her and as soon as she booted her laptop up it sent her a message that someone had tried to hack into her personal file in the school database. Fortunately, the hacker had been unsuccessful, but that didn’t help improve her suddenly dark mood the slightest.

She knew exactly who the responsible was. The only people with means and reasons to try something like that were the Slayer and her group and it angered her to no end that they had tried to pry into her life. Of course she hadn’t been forthcoming with information, but what did they expect? She barely knew them and she certainly didn’t trust the Council of Watchers. They had a right to be suspicious but that didn’t mean she was going to let them get away with it, so she prepared a nasty surprise for when they try to hack into her files again, which she was pretty sure they would.

Her trap ready, she went about sending a message to her father, informing him of her first days and her finding of her mate, also asking for advice about her situation with Tara and Faith, but conveniently leaving out her ‘confrontation’ with the Buffy and her friends as it would only flare up his protectiveness of her. It was all very much formal, but that was they way of the Clan. She decided to send a message to her brother Kyran then, telling him about the almost hacking of her files and asking him if he could come and see her anytime soon. She missed him terribly and she could use some advice on the courting of her mate.

She had just finished sending off the e-mail when the door opened and in came Faith. The brunette Slayer immediately spotted her on the couch and strode over to her, locking their eyes together. Their stare contest lasted several minutes before Faith finally spoke up.

“Are you going to tell me what the hell happened there?”

Willow sighed, wondering just how much to tell Faith. It was obvious that if she wanted to gain the brunette’s trust she wouldn’t be able to hide from her much longer. “T’is a long story.” She stalled.

“I have time.” Faith spoke through gritted teeth, sounding slightly annoyed.

“I’m not allowed to tell much.” Willow motioned for Faith to sit beside her.

The brunette complied and focused her attention on the redhead as she spoke.

“Do ye remember when we met, ye thought I was the Slayer?” Faith nodded, so Willow continued. “Well, I’m not the Slayer, but I’m not exactly normal either.”

“I kinda figured that.” Faith smirked slightly.

“My Clan, my family, are the same as me. People don’t know of our existence and we like it that way. When I came here I didn’t expect to make any significant ties other than the one I was supposed to make.” Willow looked at Faith seriously. “I want to ‘ave your trust and friendship, but I can’t defy my father’s orders.”

Faith nodded, understanding. “Why the secrecy, though?”

Willow sighed sadly. “Fer a long time we were hunted, believed dangerous when we aren’t, so we hid and cut all ties to those unlike us. We couldn’t afford to trust anyone with our secret and as time passed we were forgotten.”

“I see.” Faith said quietly.

“I asked my father’s permission to tell ye, Faith, but I ask just one thing: don’t tell this to anyone, specially Buffy.”

“Buffy? What she has to do with anything?”

“I know that as Slayers ye must share some kind of connection, but Buffy can’t know ‘bout us. She has too many ties to the Watchers.”

“The Watchers?” Faith was even more confused.

“Faith… The Watchers, they aren’t to be trusted. Not with this secret.” Willow said seriously.

A dawning realization came to Faith. “They were the ones who hunted you.”

Willow nodded. “Not just them, but they were the most vicious. Tha’ was a long time ago and all records they had of us were destroyed. They didn’t understand us and they won’t understand us now. Faith, the Watchers didn’t always exist, they came together to harness the power of the Chosen One, to control it. They control power and what they can’t control…”

“They kill.” Faith completed, looking somber.

“Do ye understand, Faith? Why t’is so important?”

“Yes. What I don’t understand is why you want to tell me, I’m a Slayer as well with as much ties to the Watchers as B.”

“No ye aren’t.” Willow half-smiled.

“Huh?” Faith said intelligently.

“Yer a free spirit, Faith. I noticed tha’ from the firs’ moment, yer not controlled by them.”

“Oh.” Came the equally eloquent response.

“Reduced to monosyllabic words?” Willow joked lightly.

“You are something else, Red.” Faith shook her head in amazement.

Willow grinned. “Aye, that’s wha’ I told’ye.”

“So…Who was the blonde hottie?” Faith smirked characteristically.

Willow’s cheeks reddened. “Uh…”

“Who’s monosyllabic now?” Faith raised her brows amusedly.

Willow rolled her eyes theatrically, pushing away her sudden shyness. “‘er name’s Tara.”

“And...?” Faith prodded.

“An’ I asked ‘er on a date.” Willow admitted.

“Date, huh? Where you taking her?”

Willow’s eyed widened. She hadn’t thought of that. “Good question.”

Faith laughed. “You asked the chick out but you have no idea where to take her?”

“I’m new ‘ere.” Willow mumbled embarrassedly.

Faith slapped Willow’s shoulder playfully. “No worries, Red, just take her to the movies or something.”

“I wanted it to be special.” Willow sighed.

Faith thought about it for a moment. “Alright, Red, I have just the perfect idea.”

TBC...

Nothing of great importance this chapter, I'm afraid, but the next one will be THE DATE, so stay tuned for more :wtkiss goodness!

Wow, you Kittens are going to fat me up with all those cookies, yum! :blush

See ya!

Edited by: Warduke at: 3/11/05 7:32 pm

Post subject: Re: Chapter 7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:14 am 
COOKIES!! Batches of cookie goodness just for you! It's nice to see Willow opening up to Faith, and Willow/Tara dates are just always yummy!! There can be no bad with the next update.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:53 am 
Hi...I just got a chance to read this and wow what an interesting concept. I really liked the background clan information and the relationship dynamics of Willow vs. the rest of the usual suspects. This is shaping up quite nicely. And of course the W/T build up...yay!

If cookies equal more updates...then I'll be happy to flex my culinary muscles for ya'. :) My personal best cookie recipes are lemon, peanut butter, and white chocolate/cranberry...just say the word and you got a batch warm and yummy.

~Cyd

When I'm sitting here with you, I don't even think about the slime people.

~The very romantic lead in The Slime People (1962)

Altered Shadows

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:35 pm 
OMG :jaw i love this fic, not only dose it have w/t goodness :wtkiss but all so wolfeness too. is wolfeness even a word? well it is now, lol i can't wait for the next update

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:07 pm 
no no no! dont stop now.. you have to get to the date!! awe come on. please...oh please hurry.

:eatme

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:52 pm 
Yay loved this update. So we had almost full disclosure with Faith which is good because it doesn't make her all distrustful. Promise of a W/T goodness in the next update doesn't hurt either :blush

Keep up the excellent work

Silent :wave

It's like I can't breathe, It's like I can't see anything, Nothing but you, I'm addicted to you

- Kelly Clarkson "Addicted"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:08 pm 
The date, the date! This is going to rock! Yay! I can't wait to see what Faith has cooked up...

I got bitten by a drunk lesbian! Does that mean I'll turn into one?

~my friend Mary

Post subject: YES AND NO!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:13 am 
YES!! AN UPDATE!!!!!

But...

NO!!! YOU CAN'T JUST SIMPLY STOP THERE!!

Anyhow, it was great. Do update soon! =)

photographer02

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:01 pm 
Those damn Watchers with their Holier Than Thou... Oops got a little side tracked there. :D

Wonderful chapter dreamspace! Looking forward to the upcoming date.

-anna

Post subject: Chapter 8
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:21 pm 
Well, I finished this sooner than I had thought, lucky you. And here we have the much awaited date. I tried to make the chapter a bit longer than usual to try and make it up for the nasty cliffie at the end, but I just couldn't help myself. I hope you like it!

CHAPTER 8 - THE DATE

The next day passed smoothly enough for Willow and Tara. Both girls were beyond happy and nervous as hell for their oncoming date that same night. Willow breezed through her classes with a mysterious smile on her face, getting more than a few weird looks. Her smile widened, however, when she saw Oz, usually so in control of his emotions, glare at her from his seat across her in Biology. She knew then it was him who tried hacking her files and that her trap had worked and his computer would incapacitated for a long time unless he decrypted the code to deactivate her personally designed virus. It was indeed a good day.

Tara too had a wonderful day. She didn’t even take notes on her classes and spent the whole day sketching Willow’s face on her notebook, drawing little hearts around it. If she thought about it she probably would find it really silly, like a second grader with a crush on her teacher, but she was too immersed in her own happiness to give it much consideration. She had her last period with Willow and stared at her the whole time, not even acknowledging the teacher. Her heart soared when she noticed Willow wasn’t paying much attention either, often sneaking glances at her. Tara caught Willow’s eyes once and both blushed and quickly glanced away. Tara’s eyes shot up at the redhead when a paper ball landed on her table. Willow offered her a cheeky grin and nodded at the ball, indicating that she should open it. She did.

‘Hi!’ – it said.

Tara giggled and wrote back, quickly throwing the note at Willow before the teacher noticed. Her eyebrows raised in surprise when the redhead’s hand shot out and caught the paper ball without even looking. Willow looked back at her and winked, reopening the note.

‘Aren’t we too old for this kind of thing?’

Willow smiled and answered.

‘You’re never too old to do anything. How was your day?’

‘Pretty good, but I didn’t get much done. It’s all your fault, you know?’ – came Tara’s reply.

‘What ever did I do?’

‘Oh, let’s see, should I make a list? One, you’re incredibly sweet. Two, you asked me out on a date. Three, you’re an amazing kisser. Shall I go on?’

Willow blushed deeply. Apparently Tara was not as shy as she seemed.

‘Well, I can just say that I know the feeling. I couldn’t get you off my mind all day, I didn’t even looked twice at the teachers, you’re corrupting me.’

‘Who me?’

‘Yes you. You’re so beautiful that my brain can’t seem to find anything else remotely interesting. Ready for our date?’

This time Tara was the one to blush, she wasn’t used to people calling her beautiful. Well, other than her mother anyway.

‘As ready as I can be. Where are we going?’

‘It’s a surprise. I hope you’ll like it, I’m not sure I’m much of a romantic.’

‘You don’t need to be romantic, you just need to be you.’

Willow smiled at the sweetness of Tara’s words and was about to write back when the bell rang, signaling the end of the classes for today. She folded the note carefully and tucked it in her jeans’ pocket, then stuffed her things in her backpack, waiting for Tara to do the same. The other students quickly filled out, leaving them alone in the classroom.

Willow slowly walked to the blonde, who was purposefully packing up her things at a very slow pace with her head down as if concentrating on her task. Stopping in front of the blonde, Willow raised Tara’s chin.

“Maybe ye can teach me to be romantic, ye certainly know a lot ‘bout it.” Willow whispered.

“Maybe we can learn together.” Tara whispered back, lifting her lips to meet Willow’s in a kiss.

The whole world faded away and nothing existed to them except the contact of their lips together, moving leisurely against each other, teasing and tasting soft skin. Willow’s arms wound around Tara’s neck, pulling her tighter unconsciously. Her instincts screamed at her to claim her mate, but she pushed them away, choosing to deepen the kiss instead.

Tara whimpered when she felt Willow’s warm tongue caressing her lips, begging entrance. She didn’t think twice and immediately parted her lips. The blonde gasped at the new sensation of Willow exploring her mouth and her knees faltered. She pulled both of them down on her chair, setting Willow on her lap. One of her hands slid from the redhead’s waist to her nape, racking her nails on the soft skin there as her own tongue came into play, intertwining with Willow’s. They kissed for a long time, content in the lazy strokes of their tongues against each other, dancing to the rhythm of their hearts.

Finally Tara broke the kiss for air, but still she lingered the contact with Willow, slowly opening her eye to find vivid green-gold eyes mere inches from her face. The intensity of Willow’s gaze made her heart pound even more, it was as if she had awakened something in the redhead, something that had only one goal: her. Tara shivered at the thought and watched as Willow closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. When Willow’s eyes opened again, they were their normal green, still vibrant but the gold had receded into the usual flecks, making Willow seem less… feral. She wondered then who really was Willow O’Connor.

Willow heard the thought and her face fell slightly. She dropped her forehead to Tara’s shoulder, drawing in a deep shuddering breath. “I ‘ope to tell ye soon.”

Tara’s eyes widened. “You… You heard?” She felt Willow nod against her neck. The redhead started trembling slightly. Tara felt waves of fear crashing on her and she instantly knew that the fear was Willow’s, fear of losing her.

“Hey, shhhh sweetie. I’m not going anywhere.” Tara tried to reassure the redhead, running her hands up and down her back soothingly.

Willow let herself be comforted by her mate and her fears slowly disappeared, right now she knew that with Tara nothing bad could ever happen. She was amazed at how quickly their Bond was growing and it gave her hope that it would be strong enough to hold when she told Tara the whole truth.

“‘Sweetie’?” Willow inquired finally, lifting her head to look at Tara.

Tara blushed. “Well, you are my sweetie. Aren’t you?” Tara added uncertainly.

“O’ course. I can be yer everythin’.” Willow’s hand caressed Tara’s cheek lovingly.

Tara gulped, speechless. Willow was practically saying that she lo- She cut that thought off, not ready to accept its meaning yet.

“Thanks.” She choked out.

Willow nodded, understanding Tara’s predicament. “Yer very welcome.”

She kissed Tara’s cheek and got off her lap, helping the blonde to her feet. “We better get ye ‘ome, we don’t want yer mum thinkin’ I did sumthing I shouldn’t to ‘er daughter, aye?” she nudged Tara playfully.

Tara laughed, her cheeks reddening. “Let’s go.”

As was quickly becoming her habit, Willow walked Tara home, kissed her goodbye and went on her way. Tara entered her home, finding her mother on the couch reading. It was her day off the Hospital.

“Hi Mom!” she chirped.

Doctor Teresa Maclay looked up from her book. “You look awfully cheerful today. Anything to do with the cute redhead that’s been walking you home?”

Tara looked like a deer caught in the headlight. “W-What?”

“Dear, I’m not blind, you know? I may be getting senile in my old age but my eyes work just fine.” Teresa said playfully.

“Oh.”

“‘Oh’ indeed. So, are you going to tell me about her or I’m going to have to tickle it out of you?”

“You- You’re not… freaked?”

“Of course not, baby girl. Come here.” Teresa opened her arms and Tara gratefully sank into them. “Nothing about you could ever ‘freak’ me, you’re my baby girl and I love you.”

“Thanks Mom.”

“Well, are you going to tell me about her or not?” Teresa asked teasingly.

So Tara did. She told Teresa everything about the charming redhead, how gentle she was, how cute and special, leaving out just Willow’s secret, not knowing if she could tell her Mom about it but hoping Willow would let her when she finally revealed it.

Later that evening when the doorbell rang, Tara was a nervous wreck. She had changed clothes twenty times, finally deciding on a knee high navy skirt, a sheer white blouse with a nice V cut and a pair of white sandals. She was still applying her make up when Willow arrived, so Teresa opened the door.

“Huh.” Willow seemed surprised at who answered the door, but quickly recovered. “Evening, m’am.”

“You must be Willow.” Teresa stated the obvious. “Come in, Tara is almost ready.”

“Thank’ye, m’am.” Willow entered. “‘Tis nice to meet’ye.”

“Likewise.” Teresa said, impressed with Willow’s politeness. “I hope you treat my daughter good.”

“Aye, m’am.” Willow smiled.

Anything else Teresa was going to say was interrupted when Tara came downstairs. Willow looked up at the stairs as was struck speechless as she caught sight of the blonde walking to her. Her hair was up in a bun with a few loose strands framing her face. She wore very little make up, just enough to accentuate her natural beauty.

Tara was equally amazed at how Willow stood in tight black leather pants, a blood red top, a leather jacket and boots. Her long crimson hair hung free about her shoulders except for two tiny braids on each side of her face. She was… absolutely sexy.

Hearing Tara’s thoughts, Willow blushed to the roots of her hair. She mentally thanked Faith for helping her dress. Regaining her wits, Willow strode to Tara and took one of her hands, kissing it gallantly.

“Ye look like an angel.” Willow murmured into her hand.

“Thanks.” Tara flushed. “You look beautiful yourself.”

“Shall we go?”

“Yes. Bye Mom.”

“Bye, dear. Have fun and please, don’t stay too late ok?”

“I’ll bring ‘er back by eleven, m’am.” Willow assured her.

“Alright then. Bye girls.”

Tara and Willow said goodbye to Teresa and the redhead led Tara to a black Audi RS6 Sedan parked in front of her house.

Tara looked at the car, then at Willow. “I didn’t know you had a car.”

“Neither did I ‘til I found this one sittin’ on the garage.” Willow explained evenly. “Apparently father is full o’ surprises.”

The two entered the car and put on the seatbelts. Willow then turned to Tara.

“Close yer eyes.”

“What?”

“Do ye trust me?” Willow asked seriously.

Tara nodded and did as asked. Willow smiled and ran a finger over Tara’s cheek, feeling the blonde lean onto her touch. She started the car. Willow turned on the radio and started driving.

Tara was curious about where they were going, but didn’t open her eyes or said anything. Instead, she kept her silence, basking in Willow’s presence and let the low music on the radio wash over her.

Some people live for the fortune

Some people live just for the fame

Some people live for the power, yeah

Some people live just to play the game

Some people think that the physical things

Define what's within

And I've been there before

But that life's a bore

So full of the superficial

Some people want it all

But I don't want nothing at all

If it ain't you baby

If I ain't got you baby

Some people want diamond rings

Some just want everything

But everything means nothing

If I ain't got you

Some people search for a fountain

The promises forever young

Some people need three dozen roses

And that's the only way to prove you love them

Hand me a world on a silver platter

And what good would it be?

With no one to share, with no one who truly cares for me

Some people want it all

If it ain't you baby

If I ain't got you baby

If I ain't got you, you, you

Some people want it all

If it ain't you baby

If I ain't got you baby

If I ain't got you

If I ain't got you with me baby

Nothing in this whole wide world don't mean a thing

If I ain't got you with me baby

Willow smiled when Tara started singing along with the radio. Beautiful voice, she thought. They drove for a few more minutes before Willow stopped the car.

“Keep yer eyes closed.” Willow instructed, getting out of the car and opening Tara’s door. She helped the blonde out of the car and led her to the place Faith helped her prepare. Gently, she eased Tara onto the ground and then knelt beside her.

“Ye can open ‘em now.”

So Tara did and in front of her was the most amazing view. They were on top of a hill and they could see the whole Sunnydale. It was beautiful. Underneath them was a soft flannel blanket, complete with a picnic basket.

“Oh Willow.” Tara sighed dreamily.

“Did ye like it?” Willow asked uncertainly.

Tara threw her arms around Willow, planting a kiss on the redhead’s cheek. “I loved it.”

“I wanted our firs’ date to be special.”

“It already is. This place is beautiful.” Tara smiled.

Willow felt like saying some cheesy line, but decided against it. “Faith ‘elped me find it.”

“Faith?”

“Aye. She’s livin’ in my apartment wit me, she’s a good friend.” Willow said fondly.

“How good?” Tara inquired lightly, trying to hide the flash of jealousy she felt, but Willow felt it anyway.

“Jealous?” Willow asked playfully.

“A bit.” Tara admitted.

Willow took Tara’s hand, intertwining their fingers. “Ye don’t need to, there’s no one tha’ can compare to ye.”

Tara sighed happily and leaned her head on Willow’s shoulder. The comfortable silence lasted for several minutes, until Tara’s stomach made itself known.

“‘ungry?” Willow asked amusedly.

Tara blushed, but nodded her head yes.

“Let’s eat then.”

Willow started taking the food out of the basket. She didn’t knew what Tara liked, so she brought an assortment of sandwiches, fresh fruits, cupcakes and juice.

“’Tis simple, but-“

“It’s wonderful.” Tara interrupted, helping herself of a sandwich.

Willow smiled and got a sandwich of her own.

“Tell me about you.” Tara asked while they ate.

“What would’ye like to know?”

“How about your home, in Ireland?”

“Well, ‘tis a nice place, far from the city. We lived in a large estate with many families other than mine. We’re all brothers an’ sisters at the Sanctuary.” Willow reminisced.

“Must be nice.”

“‘Tis a good place for yer childhood, but too isolated.”

“Is that why you came to Sunnydale?” Tara inquired.

“In a sense. I would ‘ave left eventually, but there was another reason I came ‘ere.”

“Which is?”

Willow looked at Tara intently. “You.” She said quietly.

“Me?” Tara squeaked. “What do you mean?”

“I…” Willow looked up, as if searching for some advice in the stars. She looked back at Tara, her decision made. She would tell her everything, right now. “Tara-"

“Well, well, well, what do we have here?”

TBC…

Ta-da! What did you think? I'm not sure it was romantic enough, but I did try. I'm not sure if the Irish like picnics, but let's just say that Willow does and leave it at that. And I don't really know if the hill above Sunnydale exists, you can call it poetic license or whatever. I suck at romance. :happy

Oh, and about the lyrics, it's one of my sister's fav songs and she insisted that I put it in this chapter. She bribed me with chocolate cake, so I had no choice. :p It's If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys, pretty nice song, I think it kinda went with the mood. See, Gabby, I did what you asked, so there! :miff

Sooooo... Feedback? :flirt

Edited by: Warduke at: 3/11/05 7:32 pm

Post subject: Re: Chapter 8
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:35 pm 
:mad

OMFG.

you stop'd. right there!

:punish

thats just mean.

:eatme

you got me all excited now. i hope nothing bad happens to either willow or tara.

awesome chapter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:49 pm 
Wow. I've gotta say, that was pretty damn romantic. But the cliffhanger at the end... not romantic at all. :devil

I'm glad, though, that they are on the same page. It would be all too easy for Tara to be freaked out when Willow could read her mind. I'm glad she wasn't :applause

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:04 am 
The was the start of a beautiful first date! :D Although leave it to things that go bump in the night in Sunnydale to interrupt their Picnic and Willow's confession. Hmmm... I wonder who the interrupter is?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:55 am 
AH! EVIL! Nasty cliffhanger!! I revoke ALL of the cookies I gave you!! No actually you can keep them because that was a really sweet update, and I really want Willow to tell Tara like, NOW. But then you go and interrupt them!! GRRR!! *breathes deeply* OK...I'm good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next