The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: ROFLMAO!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:02 pm 

thebardgirl -- I can't stop laughing. That was just the sweetest, silliest, funniest post I think I have ever gotten in FB. Don't worry, my dear, you won't single-handedly kill this thread with your presence. I am working on an update... but it's wicked long... so hopefully I will be able to finish it soon... not giving any dates or guarantees, but rest assured that I am working on it.

cheers

DW :pride

Post subject: UPDATE?!?!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:46 pm 
Well, where the frilly heck is it?! (morphs out of number one psychotic fan mode back into Ash)

So, DW, glad to hear there is an update coming. Cause i mean, if there is one, I might be induced to continue my masses of feedback, and actually post them!

Lookin forward to it whenever you get to it DW.

ash

Can you help me with this heart in my chest? It ain't perfect, but you should see me use it.

Post subject: possiblity-of-an-update-in-the-forseeable-future
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:18 pm 
You can't stop with the laughter? Well, that means I must be doing something right. And YES, I am enjoying your musical. However, silly little elizabeth didn't realize that it was another one of YOUR fics, so when you recomended it that's why I asked what you thought of it, which is an awkward question for any writer, so I'm very sorry to have done that to you and well, now i'm typing without any point, therefore am scared and possibly going to look up in my Idiot's Guide to Posting book on "What to do when you've lost control of the reply post."

*ahem* It reads: Quickly stop and change subject.

Right, I'm very glad that I will not singlehandedly kill your thread--but that makes me even wearier of BOTH my hands doing it at the same time, behind my back...and again I have strange imagery in my head involving me typing, back faced to the computer. How odd.

*ahem* Sorry, did it again. Once more, then, with some emotion.

I look forward to your lovely update, even if it is due in the year 2230AD, and by then we've all managed to increase the threat Global Warming, I'll still gratefully be reading with my sun screen, and parasol at ready.

-elizabeth:spin

Last night in sweet slumber I dreamed I did see my own precious jewel sat smiling by me.

And when I awakened I found it not so; my eyes like some fountain with tears overflowed.

Post subject: Re: possiblity-of-an-update-in-the-forseeable-future
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:41 pm 
wow! you know, I was trying to figure out the other night, what it is about this fic that sticks with me -- I find myself thinking about it at odd moments. Possibly, it's the confident, lyrical writing, but I think it's probably the difficulty of the situation you've created for Willow and Tara and the added layer of complexity you've given to both of them. Speaking as a fic writer who writes pretty much to canon, on some level it's much easier to write about the magic and demons. You're dealing with the really tough stuff here: dying mother; pining, lonely Willow; and the younger selfish sister who refuses to deal. In this world, with no demons to fight, they don't have the same tight relationships that result from constantly working together to fight evil. so they have to work harder and you've done a beautiful job of showing just how hard it is. and how lonely. Willow going to the movies by herself was heartbreaking and true.

also, I love Tara's ineptitude regarding dating. it just works. she's been a caregiver for so long she's missed out on the 'normal' life stuff. and an elated Willow somehow finding the strength to take it slow after so many years is really lovely.

plus, I'm totally with you on the baby formula! yuck!! I've been babysitting my nephew off an on and it is really the most disgusting stuff on earth!! and never washes off.

beautiful story and I can wait for the updates. really. like I said, this is the tought stuff, it can't be easy to write.

xomel

eta did I mention the humor? beautiful and deft touches of humor that set off the rest of the 'action' and keep this fic from becoming maudlin (which it so isn't). quite a tightrope act you've mastered darkwiccan :)

Edited by: lipkandy at: 6/30/04 9:48 pm

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:26 pm 
you are my hero.do u know that? your writing blows me away. i read this fic some time ago. it brought such an emotional tearing to my soul then. and it does now as i re-read it now.can i tell u Im in the middle of writing my first fanfic thanks to u.is there any way we can talk? want your advice on a few things. of all my favorite writers, u are the one who can make willow and especially tara come alive for me all over again as if im watching the show.goddess you are brillant in capturing tara.please :pray :p ray:pray if you can titure me no longer...update.

Post subject: Re: reply
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:25 am 
Wow....

This is really good so far! Just read all of it and really wanting to read more!

Update as soon as you can! Gonna have to go read some of your other fic too. *nods*

Keep up the great work!

Jen:flower

Tara: Willow, you are using too much magick. What do you want me to do, sit back and keep my mouth shut?

Willow: Well that'd be a good start.

Tara: (Shocked) If I didn''t love you so damn much I would!

Post subject: Re: update!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:24 am 
I Remember Reading This A While Ago And I Finally Found It Again (thanx again to BH) So Please Continue Cuz Im Sure Im Not the Only One Who Wants To Know What Happens. :D

D2D

Dreams To Dream In The Dark Of The Night, When The World Goes Wrong, I Can Still Make It Right...- Dreams To Dream

Oh Now I Can Be Nurse Willow, Tara's Gonna Love That! - Willow In Chaos Bleeds

Post subject: a special note to the author
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:14 am 
i said it once before and i will say it again and again, dark wiccan you are the reason i write.ive read all your stories but its always this one that has me reelingh with emotions when im reading it and for a while afterwards too.i told you before that i was writing my own willow/tara fanfic and i have. its posted at nearheralways

and at mystic muse.its titled 'all in my head.' take a trip there and give it a read.

just want to say thank you for being the great writer that you are to be able to inspire other writers to write.

oh and im waiting for the next update too.you are my writing god :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow .

oh by the way my pen name is willohand just in case you do go and read it.

Post subject: Great Fic
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:32 pm 
Hey DW,

I am totally loving this fic.

I was driving to work the other day and "Head Over Feet" by Alanis M. came on the radio and all I could think of was this fic. I think it really describes how Tara is feeling about Willow.

I've been listening to the song over and over since then. lol Which is funny, cuz I never liked the song before this.

Sorry for the ramble. Thanks for bringing us such a wonderful story. Patiently waiting on an update.

Lisa

ETA: I'm really weird, I know, but the line of the song "you held your breath, and the door for me" almost makes me cry when I'm thinking about this fic. Like I said, I'm weird.

Willow finally knew the truth, that she didn’t need a reason to make love to Tara, because making love to Tara was a reason in and of itself. -Sassette

Edited by: Kerrison20 at: 8/10/04 1:38 pm

Post subject: Re: Great Fic
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:13 pm 
Now...

I know Ive read some of this before...

and I know I was impressed when I read it...

But re reading it...

I was impressed all over again.

Its awesome!

Do continue.

Sincerely,

:flower BWR

If homosexuals dont reproduce, why are there so many of them?-Jim David

Post subject: Re: Update 3/17/04
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:15 pm 
You write great fics..

They really touch me :)

Nicole xx

Post subject: Re: Update 4/12/04
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:47 am 
Wow I just found this story and it is wonderful. :clap

I like the view point that Tara was so unaware of her feelings for Willow or anyone for that matter. And Willow's strength and compassion after Tara's mother's death was so sweet. The first date that Willow didn't know was a date was funny and the "official" first date was awesome. Hope you'll continue to update this fic. :)

Post subject: Re: REPOST: The Heart Rules The Mind
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:58 am 
DW, I just wanted to say that I, and a good many others, are counting the days till you update this wonderful fic. :)

Post subject: Re: REPOST: The Heart Rules The Mind
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:46 pm 
I'm one of the many others.

wilgen.

Post subject: Wow... it's been awhile...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:59 pm 
Hi guys. I know it's been a painful long while between updates, and I am sorry. RL has been a bitch lately.

Anyhoo... Don't give up on me. I've been writing... alot actually... just not this fic. Woa! Hey, I'm sorry, but at least I'm writing at all, right?

I've been working on this screenplay idea I've had for awhile.. and it's finally starting to flow.

I may end up posting the treatment of it at the Inward Eye... but I'm hesitant b/c I don't want my idea stolen. Not that the Kittens would steal it... but other, non-Kitten-y types have me worried.

As for this fic... I have been working on it... but the update isn't finished due to screenplay inspiration. I have been thinking of posting what I have so far... but I'm afraid that the cliffhanger would be too painful (even coming from me) b/c I don't know when I will have time to resolve it.

I leave it up to you Kittens as to whether or not I should post what I have.

Let me know!!

Cheers!!

DW:pride

Edited by: DarkWiccan at: 11/7/04 4:17 pm

Post subject: Re: Wow... it's been awhile...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:04 pm 
I say post any news is good news right. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:16 pm 
Do what you think is better DW, I'll wait... oh, who am I kidding? Post on! :lol

Seriously though, do what you think is better. :grin

-------------------

"See? I've mastered this tact crap." Anya in Tears Of The Goddess by Lisa

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

.:Dark-bliss.net :. .:Blink.Flash.Sparkle.:. .:My blog:. .:Blood and Ink:. .:Washi's 70s Site:.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:21 pm 
:lmao

-------------------

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

.:Dark-bliss.net :. .:Blink.Flash.Sparkle.:. .:My blog:. .:Blood and Ink:. .:Washi's 70s Site:.

Post subject: Alrighty...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:04 pm 
I think I see were this is going. I'll beta what I have and hopefully have it posted in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, I've posted an article at the Inward Eye.

Here's a link: Duck!

Cheers!

DW:pride

"Promise me you'll never be linear." "On my trout." Support The Arts! TLC Fundraiser Forum

Post subject: upload soon coming
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:42 am 
:banana yay. Upload in the next couple of days. I'm so happy:) Love the story with Tara so oblivous, it's funny and sweet. Poor Willow is out of her skin. Otherwise they will date officialy. It's so wonderful. Hope all go well:pray

See you soon:bigwave

Post subject: Re: upload soon coming
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:48 pm 
*walks round in a circle with home-made-banner shouting very loudly.........*

POST POST POST POST POST...........................

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:58 am 
*photo copies sign "POST! POST! POST!" and hands them out to passing by kittens next to the lovely veiled isis moon*

What?

I'm merely practicing free speech.

What?!

I'm from the Bay Area! I have to at least once!

*whispers* and other kittens besides DW: if you want a sign, just ask, we've got plenty!

-elizabeth :spin

You shanked my janga ship!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:21 am 
Yeah, totally.........plenty of banners and handouts right here if you all wanna play.......all you gotta do is ask........in fact......i'm gonna open up a little stall.......right here.........*takes a seat at the imaginary but very pretty stall and waves thebardgirl over*.................see.......how good are we to you all.....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:32 pm 
Hey. :bigwave

This will be my first reply...so I hope I won't embarrass myself.

So let me first start off by saying WOW. There are alot of amazing and talented fic writers on the kitten board, and they have written some amazing fics doing justice to our favorite couple, but I must say that this is by far my favorite fic. I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to impress you or anything...but mostly everything I've ever read about Willow and Tara's relationship has had some "mystical" innuendo to it, magic, fantasy. For once a true to LIFE fic is being presented. I love the premise of "real life" and "real Time". I'm sure that we...and when I say we I mean every day average Joe's like us...would all love to have life situations handed to us in neat, little, wrapped up packages, open them and say "hey just what I've always wanted, and it's here now, I don't have to wait!" Life doesn't work that way. How many times have we wanted something, finally able to get our hands on it, only to realize, "Wow has it really been 80 years?!!" Anything in life worth having takes time...including finding that right person to share your life with.

My daughter, who is a month away from her thirteens birthday...yeah I know...today asked me what being in love means. Of course I fed her the usual, love doesn't hurt, love is accepting, love doesn't judge, etc...etc..., only to finally look into her eyes and state, "Look when you find that one person in your life, regardless of gender, race, religion, so forth so on, and all you want from them is to be happy for the rest of their lives, to be the best person they can be, when all you want is to give them not material possessions, but your heart...soul...and being, your in love. Damn the world and what they may say or think...it's your and their heart that rules...and if for some reason you find that your in love but the other isn't...well being in love means letting go and wishing only the best for the other." And in my lack of education and lack of vocabulary I hope I was able to answer that question for her. I had her at a very young age and I only hope that I have grown up enough as a woman and a mother to impart some honest wisdom into her.

I guess I drifted off a little...it's just that this is the kind of emotion that your fic has inspired...so your fault, he he he.

So going back to Willow and Tara...finally ha? I feel that Tara has been a little unfair to Willow. I mean she know Willow loves her and when your in love you are willing to do ANYTHING for the other person. Is it selfish? Sure...but only to a certain level, because I don't feel that Willow is overly nice on purpose. That's what "real" people do. So if Tara is feeling uncomfortable...I feel she should be honest, instead of making off handed rude comments and then trying, politely, to catch herself and try to correct an already uncomfortable and painful situation. Even recently when she was in the restaurant and feeling out of place...but WOW can Willow come to the rescue offering to take her somewhere else. :luv I guess a lot of it has to do with dating inexperience on Tara's behalf, but you don't need dating experience to let someone know how your feeling...that comes with being a human being.

And the relationship dynamic between your version of the cast...much, much, more realistic. Though I do wish Buffy, Xander and Willow were all a little closer, OK so that has a lot to do with the show...bad me! And a quick question...Is Dawn Buffy's sister?...doesn't seem like it...if this is one of those obvious answers, and I'm not getting it...feel free to laugh at me on my behalf...I can be a little dense...only sometime...:whistle

OK so I hope I haven't bored you already. Again...to reiterate, this is a wonderfully written fic, why you and other kitten fic writers haven't gotten together to create a show, write a novel or the greatest fic ever written, I'll never know. Maybe one day...end musing. :bow

UPDATEY GOODNESS SOON?!!!

Saluting you while holding up a glass of Kerns strawberry/banana juice,

Irene:pride

"NO!!! I just like to do the money parts" Anya

Post subject: I HATE MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:09 pm 
:crash

IT'S GONE! IT'S GONE! THE ENTIRE FRICKIN' FILE! THE UPDATE, EVERYTHING!! :rage :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

I had decided to actually sit down and write a whole update, and just when I finished... my @#$%&*#@$ computer crashed!!

I have lost all of my files... unfinished fics, finished fics... original works, everything.

Thank god most of my stories are online.. otherwise I would be considering hari-kari. Although there are a few pieces of work now lost to the world forever.

I have to rewrite the entire new chapter... from memory... it will take a few days.

Anyone out there a good puter doc?

Until later, signing off from my parents' puter at there house,

DW

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:20 pm 
:shock oh no!!!! i tried to email you back the other day to let you know that you had a virus (i got it via your email). but when i emailed you the note came back for some reason. I feel terrible! hopefully you will be able to restore your desktop. *crosses fingers* i'm sure there is some :kgeek that will be able to help you out. HUGS!

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:25 pm 
DW: Dear god! That sucks so much! Grr! damned computers crashing. I hope they can restore some of your stuff!

Rane: Sometimes, the virus forges an email address. Damned viruses.

-------------------

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:51 pm 
Thanks Rane, Washi.. I am totally freaking out!

I'm freaking out so bad that I actually found my old review of Nukie and posted it at the Inward Eye.

I felt that the level of anxiety recorded in that review is tantamount to the anxiety I am feeling now... plus, it's really funny and it made me feel better to post something.

So, please go read.. or re-read as the case may be.

NUUUUUUUUKIE!!!!

DW

"Promise me you'll never be linear." "On my trout." Support The Arts! TLC Fundraiser Forum

Post subject: Re: ...NO!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:17 am 

*bardgirl sees Dark Wiccan has posted*

*RACES to fic*

*Sees...."I HATE MY COMPUTER"...*

*ponders what this possibly could mean, wondering why the update is SO short, consisting of less than a paragraph.*

"Must be an update all in haikus..."

*sees angry smilies and wonders how such a benevolent electronic thing inspire such rage."

"okay, it's okay, it's probably just a bit of amnesia compooter-style"...

*reads on to find that fic update is gone...*

"Okay, well, that's alright, it's alright, I'm sure it'll be okay, like there are at least other fics left by the fab Dark Wiccan...."

*reads on to see everything is gone.*

beat.

*Has mental breakdown*

NO! BAD COMPUTER! BAD! THAT WAS MY HAPPY RECOMPENSE FOR FINALS! THAT WAS MY JOY THAT YOU DECIDED TO EAT UP AND NOT DIGEST! BAD! BAD! BAD COMPUTER!

*cries into pillow*

Okay. I'm better now, thanks.

But, tell me dear Dark Wiccan, how are you in this travesty????

*holds out chocolate and diamonds*

Will these make it any better?

-elizabeth :spin

You shanked my janga ship!

Post subject: Re: ...NO!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:41 pm 
Sorry to hear you're having tech-troubles DW. I do hope you made backups of stuff you want to keep safe for some time. But it does indeed suck to have to recover files and install things all over again.

beware techy stuff below, it's intended to be helpfull though.

When you say everything is gone how do you know that? What I'm getting at is that IF say an evil virus erased those files you can most likely un-erase them (erasing files properly takes a long time for entire disks). If the virus just erase the first 1% of your disk you won't SEE any files anymore but they can still be found. Lots of recovery software does just that, not all of it that expensive either.

My point is that short of physical disk failure a lot of data is usually recoverably. Provided you didn't :smash the computer yourself of course :) . Best would be not to do anything with that pc again until you can get someone to help you with recovering files. (using the pc without using proper recovery tools will reduce the chance of recovering files, a LOT)

But yeah.. it sure sucks anyway. Damned pc's should be more reliable, esp. when good writers intend to writes updates on them :lol

Grimmy (who recovered from 3 disk crashes himself)

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next