The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: ***Trying not to have a nervous breakdown***
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:09 pm 
The bard girl -- Yeah, well, I'd be much worse off if most of my stuff wasn't already online... but I have lost almost all of my original works, screenplays, fiction, novellas, etc... most of which I was prepping for submittal to publishing houses. Luckily, the one screenplay that is currently being produced by a small independent company, was being housed on my parent's computer... as well as a friend's. So I still have that one to make rewrites on as the need arises. But otherwise.. the words "very" and "depressed" are a bit of an understatement. Thanks for your thoughts.

Grimlock72[b/b] -- Thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can get one of my computer savvy friends over to take a look at it. As it stands, I haven't gone near it, for fear that my rage will take over and I will beat the crap out of it.

Surviving,

Post subject: Re: ***Trying not to have a nervous breakdown***
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:20 pm 
DW,

Do promise that before the nervous breakdown you'll mail me please ? I'm a bit far away (over in the Netherlands:) ) but I can send you some program(s) depending on what caused the problem in the first place. (hopefull not a 'click' like sound from the pc, that would be bad)

And PLEASE start making backups, a simple cd-writer and some cdrw's will do fine. Trust me, 700Mb of actual written text is lot to re-type :)

Staying away from your 'puter is prolly wise.. they don't like to be kicked around the room :lol . Try to have a fun weekend anywayz and dump the 'puter problem on one of your more computer-savy friends.

Grimmy :wave

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Post subject: a scene from the Mafia of fanfic...or The Goddessmother
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:10 pm 
*Elizabeth walks into DW's office, shades drawn, big leather chair turned away from desk, towards dark window*

"DW? I got the uh...stuff you wanted?"

*holds out folder with a paper inside, seeing chair isn't turning, puts it down on table*

*hand snakes out and grabs envelope, miraculously not turning chair one inch, and opens up folder*

Heart Rules the Mind-Willow/renfaire Willow

*Elizabeth waits patiently, nervously toying with fingers, looking around room, sees pics of DW with celebrities all over walls, all signed with "thanks" written on it*

"And the other...?" comes the omnimous, yet sexy, voice.

*elizabeth's eyes go wide*

"Oh, I, uh, I-I-I know, I figured I could give 'em to you in installments, you know?...I'll get you the rest of the stuff later...promise, boss, wouldn't want to piss you off." *sweats nervously*

"Good to know," comes voice as DW slowly turns around in chair. Elizabeth stares at the decadent DW.

*DW sighs bored and hand-waves elizabeth away*

"You are offputting and strange. Go now."

*elizabeth scurries out knowing a second chance when she sees it, passing the Kitten-Cronies waiting outside of door*

-elizabeth :spin

p.s. I'm weird, I know. Just hope you like it. And that the hair is right. Thaaat'd be good. And also, here's a closeup of the tiny-ren-willow just in case you can't see it well enough.

p.p.s I know this is over-stated on every thread...but...update? *puppy dog eyes*

You shanked my janga ship!

Edited by: thebardgirl at: 1/16/05 5:11 pm

Post subject: Re: a scene from the Mafia of fanfic...or The Goddessmother
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:09 am 
Elizabeth!! LMFAO! Girl!! That is the awesomest of all awesome drawings ever!!! You rule!! I can't wait to see the next one!! You captured Renfaire Willow perfectly!!! You have free leave to come and go and create art in my threads at will!

I send you peace and many happy joy joys!

Cheers

DW :pride

"Promise me you'll never be linear." "On my trout." Support The Arts! TLC Fundraiser Forum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:26 am 
*steps into office, with Mafiosa outfit and proceeds to speak in the mother-tounge: Italian*

"Yo' boss, I got deh rest of deh pikchures you wanted?"

*DW remains in chair*

"Was wondrin' also when you might be supposin' to update or something-something...."

*chair stays still*

"Course...I wouldn't be expectin' nothing much, you know, just a little bit of wordage here or dere...you know."

*chair remains motionless*

"Okay, well, that's cool too, boss. Here you go *hands over folder with remaining sketch* hope it's all yous had hoped for."

small-side-tara-sketch

big-tara-sketch-up-close

full-sketch-of-Tara

*elizabeth takes her cue and walks out of office, and once again, avoids the two Kittens outside*

*hand reaches for envelope and chair swivels around to reveal the dashing DW*

"When WILL she learn....I don't know italian."

"Oh, where are my manners, Tara, Willow, Willow, Tara."

-random line I know I search for in every fanfic out there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:16 am 

Elizabeth... I ask of you little... and you give much more than you was needed to give. My heart is moved to the deepest core. I--

Sorry, I had something in my throat.

Wow, girl, that is some awesome artwork!! Woo and double Hoo!

Okay... I'll tell you what... I'm-a gonna give you an offer, you can't refuse... well, maybe you can refuse... the whole "free-will" thing and all... but... i don't think you'll want to refuse.

Here it is: Endeavor to draw a Rosenberg-Maclay family portrait based on their family in my story "A Normal Life"... and I will write a new chapter for this story (The Heart Rules the Mind) and post it here hastily.

Whaddaya say?

I await your response.

Cheers

DW

"Promise me you'll never be linear." "On my trout." Support The Arts! TLC Fundraiser Forum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:04 am 
Do it Wombat! :lmao

-------------------

"See? I've mastered this tact crap." Anya in Tears Of The Goddess by Lisa

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

.:Dark-bliss.net :. .:Blink.Flash.Sparkle.:. .:My blog:. .:Blood and Ink:. .:Washi's 70s Site:.

Post subject: Anothe scene from The Goddessmother...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:42 pm 
*smacks Washi outside of DW's office for cackling*

"THIS wombat is NOT negociating her artistic-liscense, you ...you....fanficker you!"

*And stomps into the room with her nostrils-a-flarin', sees the Mafiosa-goddessmother sitting patiently.*

"You hear me, Miss-brilliant-writer?! I'm free to do what I like! I'm so goddammned free, I'm free of Free Will!"

*thinks about this for a second*

"Look...I...I am my own wombat--Woman! I meant woman...I can..."

*voice cracks*

"This...this is artistic abuse! I...I thought you'd update....if I did these...."

*points to the looming sketches framed above the chair and as DW smirks*

"I mean..."

*walks forward to the desk where the contract lies on the desk, a pen awaiting use next to it*

"I...I am my own kitten....I can be strong...like...amazon.com..."

*sees the slight-typed looming update of HRTM*

"Or...something...like that..."

*DW points and taps on the looming contract for Elizabeth right on the "hastily post it here" line*

*looks up at DW*

"Does Saturday work for you?"

p.s.

*walks out past the laughing Washi, contract and manuscript of A Normal Life in hand*

Post subject: Re: Anothe scene from The Goddessmother...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:23 pm 
Was gonna say something, and then, found myself under heaps of work, so it doesn't mean anything.

-------------------

"See? I've mastered this tact crap." Anya in Tears Of The Goddess by Lisa

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

.:Dark-bliss.net :. .:Blink.Flash.Sparkle.:. .:My blog:. .:Blood and Ink:. .:Washi's 70s Site:.

Edited by: Washi  at: 1/26/05 3:13 pm

Post subject: The Lesbianos...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:44 pm 
Ha-HA! Excellent!

I shall have my update at the ready.

Cheers

DW

Post subject: Re: The Lesbianos...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:45 pm 
Hmm...

Update?

Soon..

Please?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:12 pm 
DW....I give up. Where IS A Normal Life? Send me the link! Send it to me now!!

p.s. also...how much liscense can I take with the kid? Seriously now...don't want to piss you off to the point of me no longer having the update-end of the deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:10 am 
LOL, hey Elizabeth... here's the link:

A Normal Life

Think of your drawing as a wedding photo of the bride and her family. Any questions, please email me here: darkwiccan23@yahoo.com

And I think I can guarantee you won't piss me off.

Cheers

DW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:04 am 
No, see...about the "not piss you off" thing...

Funny thing, actually. I sorta...crapped out with the drawing.

I...I don't know what it is, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the not one, but four children I had to come up with, plus the wedding-ceremony pic that through me for a loop.

My muse is not strong enough for something of that magnitude...which is why I prefer single-portraits so much...plus, I also have pic-clips off of google to go from with those...so...

Sorry for the non-existant-drawing. Really. Sincereley.

p.s. forgive me? *puppy dog eyes*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:11 pm 
No worries... maybe we can work on it together. I'll drop you an email to your Kitten account.

I think this is workable... besides... I have an update just itching to be posted...

Cheers

DW

Post subject: Now this is just mean.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:19 pm 
DW, you know how much I love your stories... this one in particular i recall spending hours writing feedback for. And here you are taunting me about an update itching to be posted. I'll wait for Elizabeth's lovely art, but I am getting bloody well impatient for your update.

Ok, whew, calming down a little now. Seriously, I am so glad you have picked this back up and I can't wait to read more. I am even re-reading for the occasion.

ash

Post subject: Re: Now this is just mean.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:24 pm 
Okay, DW....you won. I finally, grudgingly, painstakingly managed to get this out of my lack-of-coherence-muse.

Can I make a request now? Seeing as I've gone and wracked my brain over this...(and I must admit I'm not liking the several-portrait-pic as much as the single-portrait ones...) I do believe YOU have an update for us????

Never again will I let poor Kittens wait for an update....especially under the Godessmother's dileriously-clever blackmail. I'm taking my artistic-hide off the market for a while....give my muse a break....and hopefully get something nice to read in return...

familyweddingpic

Post subject: Re: Now this is just mean.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:57 am 
Hey Elizabeth - I am muchly impressed. Very cool :clap

Now about that update... :D

-shuyaku

Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

Post subject: Okay folks!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:44 pm 
Thank you ,thank you, thank you, Elizabeth!!!

To identify the who's who of the portrait... allow me to explain...

Back row, Left to right: Emily (the bride), Sean (her brother, 14), Willow and Tara.

Front row, Left to right: Gillian (the youngest, 11), Michelle (16 yrs old.)

And about that update!!!

Yep, I got it.. I just have to post it... it will be up tomorrow, guaranteed. I just moved yesterday, and I'm still unpacking. I have to unpack the box with my computer in it... and then we are in updatey-business.

See you here tomorrow!!

Cheers

DW

Post subject: re: Okay folks!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:26 pm 
i seem to recall (maybe because it's in the post directly preceeding this one) that there was some kind of guarantee on the next update coming within a day's time. i don't see an update :no i hope everything went okay with the move and that you're able to update this wonderful fic soon, as i've spent the weekend reading every story you have listed on your website and am going through withdrawal.

thanks!

brandy

Post subject: ugh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:46 pm 
sorry gang,... i just had the worst week of my life... im back, the update will be up tomorrow.

thanks for your patience.

dw

Post subject: Re: ugh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:21 pm 
oh no! hang in there, we'll all be waiting patiently until your return :angel

brandy

Post subject: Re: Update!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 pm 
Darkwiccan,

so excited to see the update!! but it says "html comments not allowed" and no update to be seen... =(

greenwitch

Post subject: Update take two?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:35 pm 
Um, hi everyone... uh, I guess my last attempt at posting didn't work out. I didn't even know...Thank you ASH for emailing me to tell me.

Anyway... here is the update... (I hope)

Willow hummed to herself happily as she finished cleaning the last of the dishes in her sink. Her date with Tara the previous night could not have gone better and she had woken to a morning that glowed with the bluest of skies and the brightest of suns. She felt like she could take on the world, and so she did, in the form of her overflowing kitchen sink.

Placing the final dish on the rack to dry, Willow let out a self-satisfied sigh of accomplishment. Picking up a dishtowel and drying off her hands, she crossed to the phone and grabbed it, quickly dialing the seven familiar digits. She frowned slightly when she heard the machine pick up after several rings.

“Hi, we’re not in right now. Please leave a message. Thanks.” Beep.

“Uh, hi, Tara,” Willow stammered, suddenly unsure of herself, “It’s me Will…oh…Willow. Um, I was just calling to say, ‘hi’. I had a good time last night, I hope you did too. Um, call me when you get this…bye.”

She hung up and stared at the quiet receiver uncertainly.

“Didn’t you want to get that?” Lisa asked from where she was seated at the kitchen island.

“What?” Tara called as she made her way down the stairs and toward the family room.

“The phone.”

“What about it?” the blonde questioned, picking the TV Guide up off of the coffee table and examining the date. Grimacing, she carried it to the kitchen and tossed it in the waste can.

“It rang,” Lisa replied, “it was Willow. The machine got it.”

“Why didn’t you answer it?”

“Because I thought you would want to,” her sister stated, as if she was talking to someone who didn’t speak English as a first language. “Why didn’t you?”

“I was finishing blow-drying my hair, I didn’t even know the phone rang.” Tara sighed, rolling her eyes. “Next time, just answer it, okay?”

“Fine,” Lisa grumbled. I just love having a big sister, she griped internally. She watched Tara bustle around the kitchen, opening and closing the pantry doors. “What are you doing?”

“I’m looking to see what we don’t have so I know what to buy when I’m at the store,” She explained slowly. I just love having a little sister, she thought.

“Are you going to use the phone?”

“To do what?”

“Call Willow,” Lisa answered. God, it’s like pulling teeth.

“I have to run errands first,” said Tara, “I’ll call her when I get back.”

“Cool,” her younger sibling replied, hopping off her kitchen stool and pulling the handset from the cradle, preparing to dial.

“Who are you calling?”

“A friend.”

“Which one?”

Lisa hesitated a moment. “Michelle.”

Tara’s eyes narrowed. “Local Michelle, or moved-to-Ontario-last-year Michelle?”

“Local,” she answered, eyeing her sister warily. When Tara said nothing, she continued, “You needn’t worry your penny-pinchingness, I’m not calling Canada.”

“Okay, fine,” the blonde sighed, “I’ll be back in a couple of hours.”

Okay, Willow thought to herself, trying to calm her over excitable nerves. She hasn’t called back yet because…she’s busy. Saturday is a busy day… sometimes…when you have a life… unlike me. No… no, she doesn’t. I mean, she does have a life…she just doesn’t have business today. I asked her last night if she was doing anything today and she said no. But… maybe something happened…. Maybe she got an important message from…her aunt… and…it was an emergency. Like… her uncle was in an accident…Oh! She gasped suddenly, maybe she was in an accident! Maybe she was on her way to pick Lisa up or something and she got in an accident! Oh God! Maybe she was on her way over here and she got in an accident! It’s all my fault! She’s lying all bloody in a mangled car somewhere…Wait. Stop. Dammit, Willow, why do you let yourself get all worked up like this. Tara was not in an accident, she just hasn’t called because… she hasn’t called. She took a deep breath and let it out. She’ll call… any minute now… she’ll call.

“Have you called Willow back yet?” Lisa hollered over her shoulder from her place on the family room couch.

“What? Lees, I just got back from the store,” Tara answered, struggling her way into the kitchen, laden with bags. She dropped her burden on to the counter and looked over to where her younger sibling sat, glued to the big screen television. Letting out a disgruntled sigh she added, “And I could use a little help here.”

“Well, if someone was inclined to give me my allowance early…”

“Forget about it,” Tara cut her off, giving her a stern look.

“Fine”, said Lisa, standing, “then you can just forget about me toting the barge and lifting the bail. I don’t work for free.” She breezed past her sister and into the front hall where Tara could hear her defiant footfalls traveling up the stairs culminating in the loud slam of a door.

“One of these days,” Tara muttered to herself as she roughly unloaded a plastic bag of its groceries, “I am going to lose my temper.” She slammed a box of butter onto the counter. “And I don’t know if I’m ever going to be able to get it back.”

She carried the butter to the fridge and opened the door, shoving it inside, not caring where it landed. She swung the door closed hard, causing the entire appliance to shudder. Turning her attention back to the bag-covered counter, the blinking light of the answering machine caught her eye. Lisa hadn’t erased Willow’s message.

Tara contemplated the flashing red LED for a moment, before shaking her head and getting back to her task. “I can’t deal with this right now,” she sighed to herself.

Maybe I should call her again, Willow mused, No, that would seem too desperate and stalker-y. She sighed again. C’mon, Tara… please call…

TBC.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:44 pm 
Why doesn't Tara just call Willow already!

:eyebrow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:58 pm 
yay! an update! i just adore this story. it's so angsty and fabulous. of course, we couldn't expect tara to not wig a little even if the date was spectacular, but i just hope she snaps out of it soon. willow is really getting put through the wringer in this one. but i have faith you'll make it all better soon :)

thanks for the update!

brandy

Edited by: Warduke at: 2/18/05 3:11 pm

Post subject: Re: Update take two
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:46 pm 
Hey DW :wave

Thought I'd let you know that I appreciate the update. It's short but after such a long wait, I'll take anything. :D Loved the internal Willow-babble where she managed to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a short amount of time. It was perfect.

Tara's going to call her soon, right?

~Megs

~A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. ~Mark Twain

Post subject: Re: Update take two?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:02 am 
Yay, I am so excited that you updated! This is such a great (and sometimes heart wrenching) story. :D

Kind of wondering what's up with Tara after the date? She appears to be avoiding Willow a bit. She says she's busy but it seems like excuses to me. Poor Will. I hope Tara isn't having second thoughts.

-anna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:13 pm 
Do mine eyes deceive me? Have I been to far away from the board for too long? *blink blink* Why YES! It's an update! And....well, I must say I'm even MORE adicted, damn you. Why oh WHY does Tara act like this? Lord, if I were Willow I'd give in the towel at this point and figure the girl didn't like me all that much...and yet, I can't....I can't help but believe this fairy-tale and hope against hope! Because, well, it IS W/T so, well, I have to believe in their ever-lasting, fantastically-romantic, soul-mate love.

PLEASE...

write more? I...well, you know I love this fic. I have practically visually outlined it, I just...well, need more.

Post subject: Re: Update take two?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:49 pm 
Hmmm,

Must say that this Tara is a bit unpredictable. I mean first she's too busy with her mom. Then she thinks they are dating. Then she doesn't want to deal with talking to Willow. It seems to me that she needs to sort out somethings. Like: her friendship with Willow, her romantic feelings for Willow or anyone, and her emotions in general. I'm sure Willow would be really confused if she knew Tara is screening her.

"Most editors are failed writers--but so are most writers." - Thomas Stearns Eliot

"Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but unlike charity, it should end there." - Chare Booth Luce

My latest story: Survivor - Ash Island

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next