The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First fic:-Failing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:30 pm 
Title: Failing

Author: Broken hart

Rating: It's starting of as just PG but you never know!!

Disclaimer: All Characters belong to me Joss and ME...blah blah blah. I wish i owned them!

Spoliers: no spoilers because it's an AU fic.

Summary- Willow, Tara, Buffy and Faith at highschool it's just a story about falling in love and all the troubles you get when you're at school.

Notes- I got the idea when i read a fic with these for in it, i love Faith, the four characters are so different it's fun to write them. And this is my first fic so i wouldn't expect mircles from it. i just hope you enjoy it so here it goes....

Failing

Chapter 1

All four of them sat in the science room where they had been waiting in their same spots for 15 minutes. The rebel sat on the table carving her name into the wooden surface with a penknife. Another girl sat near her, the uniform she wore leaving nothing to the imagination. The redhead sat at the computer focused on nothing but the screen, but some times looking up at the shy girl sitting a few places away. The shy girl often met her gaze but then looked away quickly; playing with the sleeves on her long jumper. Usually these four wouldn’t be seen in the same room together unless they had too. The bully, the cheerleader, the geek and the loner. This was what they were known as at school, but if people bothered to get to know them they would find so much more to them. But until that day they would just be labeled. Only the two blondes knew more about each other.

That’s when Mr Anderson walked in. The man could be seen as attractive as he was tanned, which made his blue eyes stand out. But, the man was a science teacher and was too boring for any of the girls to pay much attention to.

Mr Anderson: I'm glad you all waited for me.

Faith: Well you would have given me detention if I had left.

Mr Anderson: I’m gonna give you detention any way Faith, for vandalizing school property.

Faith: I’m not vandalizing...it’s art.

Mr Anderson: Friday after school good with you?

Faith: Fine, sign me up!

She held a thumb up to him as her other hand whipped the knife down and back into her pocket.

Buffy: Excuse me, but I’m missing practice for this, could we just hurry this up?

Faith: Practice for what? Who can be the biggest hoe?

Buffy: (cough) Dyke

Faith: Slut.

Buffy: I heard that.

Faith: I meant for you to.

Mr Anderson: This is why you two are here.

Buffy: Coz we fight?

Mr Anderson: Because you don’t concentrate. At this rate you two are going to fail this class and be held back a year. But I think there is a solution.

Faith: Which is?

Mr Anderson: Well it’s more for me than for you two. I don’t think I could cope if I got stuck with you next year. Ok, so this it; I’m teaming you four up for the science fair project.

Willow: What?

Tara: What?

Faith: What?

Buffy: What?

Willow: But Mr Anderson…

Buffy: Hanging with them will do nothing for my rep, and the science fair? I don’t have geek written on my forehead, do I?

Faith: You couldn’t even spell geek on your forehead.

Willow: But Mr Anderson I had a complex experiment and I would do so much better on my own. (Faith and Buffy turned to look at her) Um.. I didn’t mean that…well you do kinda suck at science. Tara’s the only one who could help really.

The shy blonde looked up at the hacker and smiled then looked at the cheerleader as they made a face at each other.

Mr Anderson: Glad to see you all get along so well. This is my final decision and if you don’t like it I’ll be happy to fail you all.

Willow: No, sir.

Mr Anderson: So Faith are you and Buffy in?

Faith: Well might as well I’m pretty sure I can fit this be between beating the crap out of Brad and then kicking Andrews ass.

Mr Anderson: Good to see you sharing your time out!

Buffy: I guess I’m in, if I fail mum would kill.

Mr Anderson: And you Tara?

Tara: Why do you need my help?

Mr Anderson: Because although Miss Rosenberg here is a brain box in science, it’ll take more than pure skill to help pass these two.(looked towards Faith and Buffy) And you two will pass the class with their help.

Tara: Ok (turning to look at Buffy) I like helping the less fortunate.

Mr Anderson: Great! So you four will have a project plan in for me tomorrow. Dismissed.

Before any objections could be shouted he had left the room. They all sat in silence for a moment. None of them knew what to say.

Willow: Do any of you have any suggestions for a project?

Faith: We could do a study of the human brain. But Buffy would be useless, lack of a brain and everything.

Buffy: Oh you’re funny Faith.

Faith: I try.

Buffy: God you’re such a bitch.

Faith: I forgot you’re little miss "saint Buffy".

Willow: Ok guys stop it, we need an idea for tomorrow.

Faith: Fine but keep the midget away from me.

Buffy: Whatever gigantor.

The little banter was interrupted by a knock at the door as it swung open. It revealed Bailey Chase, the high school quarter back. His bleach blonde hair was spiked up and his light blue eyes scanned the room for his girl. He was a muscular guy and his muscles where evident through his top. Buffy leapt off her seat and into his arms as they began to make out in front of the other three.

Bailey: Come on babe, lets get out of here.

Buffy: I can’t we have to come up with a science project for the science fair.

Bailey: You're entering the science fair? That’s for smart people.

Buffy looked hurt but hid it well by hitting him in the arm.

Buffy: Hey! Yes I am, I need to other wise I fail the class.

Bailey: Tell you what come with me and I’ll help you on the project, you could study the human body starting with mine.

She smiled at him before leaving the room only stopping at the door to look at the others. They all sat there annoyed that the blonde had just left like that but not surprised as she had a name for herself. The only one who knew different was Tara, but she wasn’t going to talk about her connection with the short girl.

Willow: Well, then there was three.

Faith: Two actually as B has left I don’t see why I should stay.

Tara: B-b-because you want t-to pass.

Faith: Ok can I meet you in the library before class tomorrow then?

Willow: Sure.

Tara: Ok

Faith: Right see you there Red,...Blondie.

Faith left the room, although she wasn’t smart she needed to pass this class. She wanted out of this town and she didn’t have the time to be kept back a year. She knew with the help of Willow and Tara she would be able to pass, the downfall was of course having Buffy help. They had never got along and everyone at school knew it but no one, not even either of them knew why.

Willow: Then there was two.

Tara: S-seems that way.

Willow: It sucks getting teamed up.

Tara: Sorry.

Willow: Oh no, not you! You actually understand science.

Tara: Some times anyway.

Willow: No you’re really smart.

Tara dropped her head the compliment.

Tara: Thanks. So..you have any ideas?

Willow: I do, but I might have to dumb them down for the others to understand. You?

Tara: Some b-but nothing that Buffy could understand.

Willow: Ok then maybe we could do the affect of acid rain.

Tara: I don’t think Faith should be near a-acid she might s-s-spill it on Buffy un-accidentally.

Willow : Good point.

Tara: We could do subliminal messages.

Willow: Can Buffy spell subliminal?

Tara: Another g-g-good point.

Willow: Pulse reactions?

Tara: Like what?

Willow: I don’t know different colours, films, relationships. I guess we could use anything for a stimulus.

Tara: That’s a great idea, w-we could run it past Faith t-tomorrow and write it up before class.

Willow: Lunch is nearly over, so I’ll see you tomorrow then?

Tara: S-sure.

Willow: Someone has to tell Buffy.

Tara: I’m sure I’ll see her at some point today so I’ll tell her.

Willow: Sure it’s not problem?

Tara: No Willow, I don’t mind.

Willow: Alright then, I guess I should be going.

Tara: Me too I should be going too.

Willow: Well until tomorrow.

Tara: Bye.

Willow: Bye (The blonde left) Tara.

Willow liked the way Tara’s name sounded leaving her lips. It was a sweet name, but then Willow wondered why she was thinking about her name so much. Tara and Willow had never really spoken before; only if they had to in class, but they had noticed each other. Tara was quiet and shy and mostly kept to herself and Willow was the same, and they were both smart. Willow couldn’t help but feel a connection with the girl which all at once scared her.

Tara walked through the door at be greeted by the smell of home cooked dinner. She inhaled the gorgeous cooking and smiled. She pulled her jumper over her head.

Joyce: Is that you Tara?

Tara: Yeah mum.

Joyce: Is Buffy with you?

Tara: No. Is dad home?

Joyce: In his study.

Tara walked to the basement door smiling to her mum as she entered the kitchen. She opened the door and looked down to see the light on.

Tara: Dad?

Giles: Yes dear?

Tara: Hi, just wondering if you could take me to school on your way to work tomorrow.

Giles: Sure.

Tara: Thanks.

Tara shut the door and sat on a stool over looking the island, she had always loved to watch her mother cook. If Buffy was cooking Tara would have run for the hills, she was the worst cook. That’s when the door opened.

Buffy: Mum?

Joyce: In here sweetie.

Buffy walked through with their youngest sister Dawn and saw Tara sitting on the stool talking to their mum and started to panic that they were talking about her failing science.

Buffy: I knew you’d run straight to mum and tell her I’m failing.

Joyce: What?

Tara: (Smiling) No I didn’t have to..you did.

Buffy: I’m gonna kill you.

Tara: Like to see you try shrimp.

Dawn: Busted. (Buffy’s hand connected to the back of Dawns head) Ow.

When Tara was in the surroundings of her home life, she came out of her shell that she seemed to live in at school. She was quick with her remarks, her and Buffy were constantly arguing but there parents had grown use to it, and Dawn was starting to get just as bad.

Joyce: Hold on wait…you’re failing?

Tara: Science.

Joyce: You’re failing science?

Buffy: Don’t panic I’m gonna pass.

Tara: Yeah with mine and Willow’s help.

Joyce: Pardon.

Tara: Well Mr Anderson has team Buffy up with me, Willow and Faith for the science project. Speaking of which we’re meeting in the library before class tomorrow.

Buffy: I can’t I’m meeting Cordelia.

Joyce: I think this is more important.

Buffy: Fine.

Buffy stormed out of the kitchen heading for her bedroom to cool down. She’d be fine when it came to dinner she was very dramatic the family had just gotten use to her. Tara watched shaking her head.

Tara: I don’t know where you went wrong with her.

They laughed as Joyce wrapped her arms around shoulders and hugged her daughter fiercely.

Dawn: Don’t forget me. (She came running into the hug)

------------

That's chapter one all done!!!

So any thoughts...be gentle i bruise easy!

broken hart.

Work as though you don't need the money, love as tho you've never been hurt and dance as though no one is watching!

Post subject: Re: First fic:-Failing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:18 pm 
Great start!

So Buffy and Tara are siblings?

*lil´c*

Unter den Blinden ist der Einäugige König.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:23 pm 
Buffy and Tara sisters.........that is such a cool idea :D

I loved the batter between Faith and Buffy, that was fun ;)

Am curious to see how the project goes, and what happens with Willow and Tara :)

Great start!!!!

------------------

'I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad..it's depressing' - Tara

Amber Online www.amberbenson-online.cjb.net

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:11 pm 
I liked the idea of Buffy, Dawn and Tara being siblings, and also the fact that Tara grew up with a nice father :D .

Faith and Buffy fighting all the time, i wonder why? :lol

Very good start, i'm looking forward to your next update

The earth is blue like an orange
Paul Eluard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:28 pm 
Buffy and Tara are siblings, huh? And nobody knows. Very interesting.

And the opening scene had a very Breakfast Clubish feel to it. I loved it.

I hope Buffy and Faith get together. I don't have to express the same sentiments about W and T, because that's a given. Yay!

So, I'll be waiting patiently (or not :skull ) for an update to grace this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:56 pm 
teehee, very cool idea. Tara and Buffy are siblings. Very nice. :) The interaction between Willow and Tara was very sweet. I can't wait for more! :applause

Great start!

snuggle79 :wave

"I got so lost"

"I found you, i will always find you"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:51 pm 
How come no one else knows? I bet Cordy or one of Buffy's friends HAS to know.

I can't wait to see where you take Tara's character, already she is complex. Plus, uh, she's gotta speak to Willow!!!

And lastly, you have Faith!!! She is so cool, I hope we get a little background info on why she wants to leave town so bad.

-Will

"I think finding her soulmate would have made Tara a more confident and secure person" -Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:39 pm 
BH:

I was laughing about Tara's obvious attitude and connection to "Buffy full o' fluff"...and then:punch WOW...Sisters huh?

I agree with Diebrock and the John Hughesian feel to this...loved his movies and sharp character differences he showed. You've done a nice job of delineating personalities here. And Faith slays me:Faith:
Quote:
You couldn’t even spell geek on your forehead.
I think Mr. Andersson is nicer than any science teacher *I* ever had...but the sarcasm is certainly reminiscient!:laugh

I too wonder what the big secrecy is about the Rah-Rah Sisterhood but can't wait to find out more.:hmm

TY...^^^Suse (CLW)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:35 am 
Ok so here is part two i wouldn't get use to the updates because i'm going skiing for a week on friday!! yay!!! but before the up date....

littlecrazy80: THANK YOU Yeah i liked the idea of them being sisters.

Little M: The batter between Faith and Buffy is just like me and my friend, and it's so much fun to write. Buffy and Tara being sisters was an idea i've had for a while. And thank you for ur nice comments!!! :p

Tawilove: i always feel bad for Tara having been brought up by a cruel man so i thought she deserves to grow up in a nice say family. Faith and Buffy i have know idea why they fight!?!? :confused

You don't have to wait long for the next update!!!

Diebrock: Thank you for reading i was worried no one would!

Nobody knows yet, but the chances of it staying secret for long are slim. I hope faith and Buffy get together too!

snuggle79: i didn't want anything to happen with Willow and Tara to quickly, i love the beginning of relationships the getting to know each other, and the cuteness of it.

willntlover: Do you really think Cordy cares about anyone else but herself? There will soon be another family member at the school. Tara is very cool in this, having Buffy as a sister gives the opportunity to show another side to her. And Faith had to be in there, she's one of my favs, you will get all kinds of info on faith's backgroung.

Cindy Lou Who: Yes sisters. And faith she is the best to write, coz she can say anything she likes.

Mr Anderson is based on my sociology teacher. But thank you for reading.

And now you may have the second chapter!

Disclaimer: All Characters belong to me Joss and ME...blah blah blah. I wish i owned them!

Summary- Willow, Tara, Buffy and Faith at highschool it's just a story about falling in love and all the troubles you get when you're at school.

Chapter 2

Tara walked out of her bedroom clothed in her jeans, a t-shirt and a sweater wrapped around her waist. She was brushing her hair back into a pony tail as she made her way to the bathroom. She tried the handle but it wouldn’t open.

Tara: Buffy, get out of the bathroom we’ll be late.

Buffy: I’m nearly done.

Tara: You’ve been in there for over an hour.

Buffy: I said I’m nearly done.

A moment later Buffy opened the door in a short baby blue skirt, with a white sleeveless low cut top. Her blonde hair hung around her face and she smiled at her sister.

Buffy: All done.

Tara: Finally.

Buffy: It takes time to look this gorgeous.

Tara: There is now way dad is gonna let you go out in that skirt.

Buffy: (looking down at herself.) Damn it. Let me borrow your really long green skirt to put over the top and then I’ll take it off at school.

Tara: I ain’t being part of your evil little scheme.

Buffy: C’mon Tare you know I would for you, please. I’ll do you’re chores for a week.

Tara: Fine, and you don’t have to do my chores.

Buffy: You’re the best.

Tara: But there is a catch.

Buffy: Anything.

Tara: You have to take this science project seriously. I don’t want you to fail and be stuck doing the year over.

Buffy: I’m not going to be repeating the year.

Tara: Promise?

Buffy: Big huge fat promise!

Tara: Ok. I’ll go and get the skirt for you.

Giles eyes were darting from the road to the skirt that his eldest of two daughters but only by a few minutes was wearing. She never wore clothes like this, she was always showing skin much to his annoyance.

Giles: Buffy?

Buffy: Yeah?

Giles: Isn’t that your sisters skirt?

Buffy: (A little thrown by the question) Oh yeah, it is.

Giles: well it isn’t your usually style is it?

Buffy: And a girl can’t change her mind?

Tara: Yeah dad, I thought you hated her wearing that short stuff and now she’s covering her self up you don’t like it?

Buffy: There is just no pleasing you.

He shook his head as the two sisters smiled at each other.

Giles: Forget I said anything.

Buffy: Hold up dad, you can drop me here.

Tara: Me too. Actually you can drop me round the corner.

Giles: Why can’t I drop you off at the school?

Tara: Firstly you’re a teacher Dad, we can’t be seen with you. It’s like a rule.

Buffy: Secondly I’m popular, and Tare’s not...we can’t be seen together.

Giles: I don’t understand why you don’t tell people you’re sisters.

Tara: Because she’s an airheaded cheerleader.

Buffy: And she’s a no-friends-smart-chick.

Giles: And the two worlds can’t collide?

Buffy: It’s been a while since you were at school right?

Tara: I’m better stone Age.

Giles: Fine make fun of the old man.

Buffy: Don’t mind if we do! Right, well, I’m getting out. See you in the library, and I’ll see you fifth period for English.

Giles: Don’t I get a kiss?

She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

Buffy: Happy?

Giles: Ecstatic.

Buffy hopped out of the car as soon as the car had turned the corner she whipped the skirt off and stuffed it into her bag. She smiled as she threw her bag over her shoulder and headed to the library to meet the others. She knew her sister was right she had to pass this class. Although they argued a lot they were strong together, Buffy was happy Tara was her sister they looked out for each other. Maybe not at school, they pretty much stayed out of each others way, but she loved her sister.

Buffy walked into the library to find Faith sitting on the table with her legs crossed, Willow sat at the table writing something down.

Buffy: I’m here.

Faith: Do you want us to signal for the parade to start?

Buffy: Funny.

Faith: I try extra hard for you.

Tara: Wow, you two starting already?

Tara said as she walked to the table and took the spare chair next to Willow; they exchanged a smile.

Buffy: Can we get the ball rolling coz I have a life to get to.

Faith: The life of a bitch by Buffy Giles. That’ll be on the best sellers list I’m sure.

Buffy: Jesus. Screw this!

Buffy went to grab her bag but as she got up the brunette realised she had gone over the edge and she reached out and grabbed the blonde’s arm stopped her from moving.

Faith: Sorry. I don’t know anything about you.

Buffy: No it’s just me, I’m sorry.

Willow: Ok can we just get this going.

Faith: Shoot Red.

Willow: Well Tara and I have been speaking and we had an idea of pulse reaction. And then I was thinking each of us individually could explore it further. We have like 5 weeks till it’s in. Each week one of us does their experiment with our help. In the final week we can all put it together.

Tara: S-So you m-mean like in the first week someone experiments with different foods effecting out pulse.

Willow: Yeah. See I did a little time table thing, I know it’s stupid but…

Tara: I-I-It’s not stupid.

The hacker pulled out the timetable for the next 5 weeks.

Tara: I l-like the way I-it’s all c-c-c-colour orientated.

Buffy: Have you fit in cheerleading practice?

Willow: Yep and the games. I figured that because a lot of the big games are now, you’d want to do your section of the experiment near the end.

Faith: Hey what are our sections?

Willow: Oh right. I figured I could do the first section and do foods see if they effect me. Faith you’re in the second week if that’s ok with you of course.

Faith: Sure.

Willow: I figured you could do drink.

Faith: Like alcohol and stuff.

Willow: Yeah except we’re not old enough.

Faith: It’s ok red I’ll handle it.

Willow: Tara could be the third week and watch films and see how acted relationships effect her pulse and if Buffy does the final week she had do how real relationships effect her. When we get all this done. We can compare and contrast the data. What do you think?

Buffy: Sounds like I might pass after all.

Faith: Oh yeah, so we all have the first week off?

Willow: No I’ve paired everyone up to help each other. I was thinking Tara and I could, you know, help each other….

Buffy: Hold on, if you and Tare…I mean Tara, are together then it means me and…

Faith: Me sweet cheeks!

Buffy: We’ll kill each other!

Tara: W-well you’ll j-j-just have to deal.

Buffy look at her sister strangely as the dark blonde was stammering.

Buffy: But if you find her dead... on you heads be it. (The bell rang) Damn it! I’m gonna be late.

Faith: And the point?

Willow: I have my computer class. Is any one going near Mr Anderson’s class, because they can show him our outlined plan?

Buffy: I am I’m right next door.

Faith: Don’t tell me blonde bimbo 101?

Buffy: How long you been waiting to say that?

Faith: I’ve been trying to work it in to a sentence since you came in.

Buffy: I’m impressed it went well.

Faith: I’m glad for I aim to please!

Willow handed Buffy their out line for their project. As she gave it to her Tara intercepted it.

Tara: I’ll go with her, so if he ask questions I can give the answers.

Buffy: I could give answers.

Tara: Come on.

The two blondes went through the doors as the brunette and the redhead watched them leave.

Faith: They’re quite something.

Willow: Something is definitely the word.

The two blondes walked down the corridor Buffy held her head up while Tara mostly keep her eyes down. She didn’t care much for the people here...all they wanted was to fit in and be popular but there was so much more. Buffy was the prime example of wanting to be accepted because the Buffy at school was not her sister.

Buffy: So what’s with you?

Tara: Meaning?

Buffy: The stammer, you haven’t stammered for ages.

Tara: I don’t know.

Buffy: You had to go to that speech therapist. She was scary.

Tara: Tell me about.

Buffy: Have you been thinking about Nan?

Tara: No.

Buffy: Well it started when she died so I just figured it was something related to her.

Tara: Nope not her.

Buffy: Then who?

They were interrupted by the yelling of another air head, Tara sighed and rolled her eyes.

Cordelia: Buffy!

Buffy: Cordy.

Cordelia: You were meant to meet me, and hello have you seen who is walking next to you?

Buffy: We’re doing the science fair project together. Mr Anderson’s orders.

Cordelia: Drag.

Buffy: I know, it’s like 'could they pair me up with any one more geekier?' Don’t they know I have rep and hanging with her will put the R.I.P in it!

They laughed and when Buffy turned to see her sister she wasn’t there, looking up she saw Tara heading round the corner and she knew she’d gone to far.

Buffy: I should go after her, she’s got the project and everything. Tell Mrs King I’m gonna be late.

Cordelia: Sure.

The short blonde ran to catch up with her sister to apologize for her uncalled for words.

Buffy: Tara…Tare wait please.

Tara: Why should I, I’m doing you a favour.

Tara: Well if they don’t see us together then I won’t ruin you’re rep and that is all you care about right.

Buffy: No.

Tara: Well you could have fooled me. I know we’re not like best buddies here but I didn’t think you could hurt me like you just did.

Before Buffy had the opportunity to talk Tara walked into Mr Anderson’s class room and all she could do was follow the girl she had hurt.

well thats all folks! well until i post the next part!

thanks love broken hart

x x x

Work as though you don't need the money, love as tho you've never been hurt and dance as though no one is watching!

Edited by: Broken hart at: 2/13/03 12:49:50 am

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:39 am 
God Buffy is a bitch!!!!!! Poor Tara..........Buffy should better have a plan to make it up to her!

------------------

'I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad..it's depressing' - Tara

Amber Online www.amberbenson-online.cjb.net

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:49 am 
Hi there

Great update and a interesting story. Looking forward to more :pray :pray

Post subject: Re: update
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:50 pm 
What a great story!!!!:clap

Buffy & Tara are sisters! :hmm Hmm nice, I never thought about that pairing. But really nice. :p

I just don´t like it, how Buffy treat Tara. I meen hey they are sister even in school she shouldn´t do that.

Fuck of her "LOOK" in school she should stand to her SISTER!

Hopefully that chanced a bit in the near future!!!

Update????:grin

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

I love my family but I´m a part of you. I want it to be that way - Gabrielle - The Abyss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:55 pm 
I already love this story.

Not only Buffy and Tara being sisters, Giles is their father.

In school Buffy is a real bitch. Maybe someday she will change.

I hope the next update comes soon.

*lil´c*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:36 pm 
Oh that Buffy! I've learned the hard way that it is in fact possible to go *TOO FAR* with sibling insults!:(

I can't wait to see how the 1st week's pairings pan out~ ;)

Have a great time on your schussing holiday! Do one radical face-plant in deep powder for me!!! :thud

Looking forward to more upon your return.

TY^^^Suse (CLW)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:15 am 
Tara and Buffy work really well as sisters, they have a typical antagonistic thing going on but they definitely care about each other. Buffy notices Tara's stutter, I wonder if she'll put 2 and 2 together and if she'll stop being a bitch to tara.

-----------------
Baby you make my love come down

Oh you make my love come down

Make it come all the way down
-
Evelyn Champagne King

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:46 am 
we'll i'm blushing :blush thank u for all the nice comments. I want to have another part before i go away, so i will try my very hardest to have it up! but thank you so much i was so scared that people wouldn't like it!!!!

love broken-hart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:49 pm 
Hey, I really like this! Great story - I like yer idea on the whole Tara/Buffy sister deal, pretty cool. Even tho buffy is a lil harsh to poor Tara - but that makes the 'sister' thing more believable! :) I'm hoping this assigned group project will bring our girls together, I have a feeling thats what'll happen considering this is a Willow and Tara board and all - i'm so smart huh? :p I like the Faith and Buffy interaction going on here also - the need of bitchiness is required some times in stories. Well for me anyway but mainly I find it funny... Can't wait 2 c how things go, looking forward to reading more! :)

~Ashley~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:29 am 
Wow what a cool start to a fantastic story!! :applause

But then...

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! Buffy!!!! How dare she treats Tara like that!!! Really want to :smash her! Maybe then she'll realise how to treat her *sister* properly! :no

Dumb question but can't help but ask... I wonder what their last names are??? Summers? Or Maclay? Or... Giles? Buffy and Tara Giles... Hmmm.... :hmm

Oooohhh, and I also love the interaction between Faith and Buffy!!! They are so cute, and bitchy at the same time. (Hold on, bitchy and cute doesn't seem to fit together...) Are they gonna be a couple? :pray

Really looking forward to the next update! It's quite funny that it's a science project that draws them together... Or maybe it's just me who thinks that... Oh well, I laugh about strange things. :blush

Janie

Edited by: DreamWalker at: 2/12/03 11:31:16 pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:02 am 
i just wanted to give you an update before i went of skiing. And as wasn't at college yesterday coz really wasn't in the mood had a little extra time and finished it. Thanks so much for the great feed back and here it is....

Chapter 3

>

>

>

>Tara sat in her room waiting for a phone call from Willow, the

>redhead had said she’d phone. She sat at the laptop she had received

>for a her birthday. Her dad didn’t see the point in them, he was a

>book man. Thank god for their mum other wise they’d still be using

>quills, but he was still a great dad even if his ideas were still

>old. Her thoughts on her parents were interrupted by the soft

>tapping on the door. Tara didn’t need to lift her head to know the

>three taps belonged to Buffy.

>

>Buffy: Can I come in?

>

>No reply

>

>Buffy: Tara.

>

>Nothing.

>

>Buffy: Please? I’m sorry I was a major bitch today.

>

>Tara: No arguments here.

>

>Buffy took this as a good sign and took a step into the room.

>

>Tara: Did I say you could come in?

>

>Buffy began to take a step back.

>

>Tara: Didn’t say you couldn’t either.

>

>Buffy: Tara I’m sorry.

>

>Tara: You’ve said that already.

>

>Buffy: Come on you know you can’t stay mad at me. Please.

>

>Tara: Buffy I’m not angry.

>

>Buffy: You’re not?

>

>Tara: No I’m hurt.

>

>The cheerleader decided to be brave and walked towards the bed. On

>her way over she turned her sisters chair round so they were facing

>each other.

>

>Buffy: I say some stupid things, sometimes my brain just isn’t

>connected to my mouth. Stuff just comes tumbling out. And you’re my

>sister you can’t stay angry it’s like a rule.

>

>Tara: Just don’t say anything like that again. I know you don’t like

>telling people we’re related but…

>

>Buffy: I thought it was you who didn’t want to tell people we’re

>related. Tara I’d tell people, I’m proud to have such a smart little

>sister who is gonna have her choice of colleges.

>

>Tara: Really?

>

>Buffy: Yes even though you drive me crazy sometimes, you’re my

>sister and that means more that being home coming queen and head

>cheerleader!

>

>Tara looked at her sister lovingly before pulling her into a fierce

>hug. Buffy’s arms quickly wrapped around Tara one hand slowly

>stroking her hair. The two held each other for a moment and then

>pulled back and smiled at each other.

>

>Tara: That was sappy.

>

>Buffy: I know. But there were no witnesses so no one will ever know.

>

>Tara: Right.

>

>Joyce: Wrong. It’s nice to see you getting on.

>

>Buffy: We do get on…sometimes.

>

>Joyce: As much as I hate in interrupt the bonding. Tara sweetie,

>there is a girl on the phone.

>

>Tara: Who is it?

>

>Joyce: Oh..it was some sort of tree..

>

>Tara: Willow?

>

>Joyce: That’s it.

>

>Before anything was said Tara ran past her mum in the door way down

>the stairs jumping down the last few and picked up the phone that

>was lying on the table. She was breathing heavily when she answered

>the phone.

>

>Tara: Hello?

>

>Willow: Hey…You alright you sound kinda out of breath?

>

>Tara: Oh yeah I’m fine.

>

>Willow: Sure?

>

>Tara: Completely.

>

>Willow: Hope this isn’t a bad time to phone, coz if it is I can

>phone back it’s no problem...if you just tell me when it would be

>more covienant for you cause I could phone back then or we could…

>

>Tara: W-Willow now is just f-f-fine.

>

>Willow: Sorry I sometimes babble a lot.

>

>Tara: I l-l-like it.

>

>Willow: Well I’m glad someone does. So, I..um about the project.

>

>Tara: Yeah?

>

>Willow: I was just wondering if you’d like to come round tomorrow

>night and we could start my section.

>

>Tara: That w-would be fine.

>

>Willow: Great you can come for dinner, I mean if you want.

>

>Tara: I want to...come to yours I mean, f-for dinner.

>

>Willow: Really?…Um I’ll give you the details at school.

>

>Tara: Ok.

>

>Willow: Well I’ll let you go and catch your breath, I don’t want you

>fainting on me.

>

>Tara: T-thanks.

>

>Willow: See you tomorrow Tara.

>

>Tara: B-bye Willow.

>

>Tara hung up the phone and smiled to herself when she heard

>footsteps to her left that made her jump. She looked over and saw

>the the approaching stranger was Buffy whose face was covered in a

>grin.

>

>Tara: That’s called spying…Ok you’re creeping me out what’s with the

>smile?

>

>Buffy: So it’s not Nan thats causing the stammer.

>

>Tara: I don’t know what you’re talking about.

>

>Buffy: Give you a clue..she’s a redhead.

>

>Tara: So?

>

>Buffy: You like her.

>

>Tara: Yes but not like that.

>

>Buffy: Sure.

>

>Tara: Buffy don’t.

>

>Buffy: She is very pretty, I mean if you pull her hair back, so you

>can see her face.

>

>Tara: You think so too.

>

>Buffy: Knew it.

>

>Tara: Damn it, you tricked me. Buffy please don’t say anything, it’s

>just a stupid crush.

>

>Buffy: I’m not a complete bitch, just part bitch. I won’t say a

>thing.

>

>Tara: Promise?

>

>Buffy: Cross my heart.

>

>Joyce: Dinner!

>

>Buffy: Food.

>

>Tara: You’re an animal.

>

>Buffy: You love Willow!

>

>Tara: Hey, you said you wouldn’t say anything.

>

>Buffy: You didn’t way I couldn't wind you up about it!

>

>******

>

>Faith looked at herself in the mirror adjusting her black skirt she

>wore. The brunette also wore black tights, a white shirt and

>finished it off with her hair pulled back with a few strands hanging

>either side. Faith sighed. She hated her job as a waitress; the guys

>grabbing her ass...she had already broke one guys hand and almost

>got fired for it.

>

>She walked out of her bedroom and into the living room to make sure

>her grandmother was ok.

>

>Faith: Gran you ok?

>

>Abigail: I’m fine.

>

>Faith: Are you sure? Can I get you something before I go to work?

>

>Abigail: Don’t fuss, I’ll be fine now go to work. And don’t be late

>home.

>

>Faith: You know me.

>

>Abigail: That’s why I’m saying don’t be late.

>

>Faith: You’re funny.

>

>Abigail: You’re rubbing off on me.

>

>Faith leaned down and kissed the elder woman on the forehead and

>grabbed her leather jacket.

>

>Faith: Won’t be late promise.

>

>Abigail: Bye dear.

>

>******

>

>Faith slipped the pencil behind her ear and smiled at the girl and

>guy before heading off to give their order to Earl, the chef. She

>handed him the piece of paper.

>

>Earl: How’s it going?

>

>Faith: Fine so far, but if that trucker looks down my shirt one more

>time, he won’t be having kids ever!

>

>Earl: Faith.

>

>Faith: I know count to 10 (she counted) Still want to knock him out.

>

>Earl: Better make it 50. Hey someone over there.

>

>Faith: God don’t people know I’m talking. So selfish.

>

>The brunette turned and walked over to the girl at the counter who

>had her back turned, so all Faith could see was the small frame, of

>what seemed a lovely body. She wondered if the face would match.

>

>Faith: Excuse me.

>

>Buffy: Hey…Oh it’s you.

>

>Faith: Just want I needed. What do you want?

>

>Buffy: I don’t think you should talk to the customers like this.

>

>Faith: Well customers buy things you’re standing there being a pain

>in my ass.

>

>Buffy: Compliments just flow from your mouth.

>

>Faith: Just for you. So what do you want?

>

>Buffy: Just wanted a latte with milk and extra foam medium please.

>

>Faith: Got it.

>

>She turned to the machine behind her and set it all up.

>

>Buffy: Didn’t know you worked here

>

>Faith: Well you do now, so have your laugh.

>

>Buffy: Not gonna laugh. So the project.

>

>Faith: What about it?

>

>Buffy: Think we’ll pass?

>

>Faith: I’m sure of it. Red and Blondie are the smart type.

>

>Buffy: Good coz I don’t want to repeat the year.

>

>Faith: I want out of here.

>

>Buffy: Why?

>

>Faith turned sharply to Buffy her eyes wide. Buffy had actually

>cared enough to ask why, no one had ever asked her why.

>

>Faith: I think that’s enough bonding for today. Here’s your drink,

>that's $3.50.

>

>Buffy: Thanks, so I’ll see you tomorrow at school?

>

>Faith: Only if you’re lucky.

>

>The waitress watched the blonde go and Faith felt her stomach go

>funny as she stared at the cheerleader.

>

>Faith: Oh you’re kidding me..

>

>She sighed as she went back to work but her mind never left Buffy

------------------------------------------------------------

And the next part i will try and get done when i get back unless i break my wrist or something, and lets face it the chance of that are quite likely. so i'll see you all when i get back :wave (I feel the need to break into 'so long, farewell' from the sound of music).

love

broken hart xxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:58 am 
Woohoo!!! An update! :D

I love the dialogue between the characters, they're so funny and adorable! Faith seems to come from quite a complex background, good that at least Buffy cares. And the truth is out about Tara's stammer! Yipee! And we all know it's not *just* a stupid crush now, don't we? ::whistle

Have a safe and fun skiing trip!!! Please do be careful and don't break any bones in your body, we need you to update! But of course, your well-being is much, *much* more important! :p Enjoy your break! (Um, no pun intended there...)

Janie

Edited by: DreamWalker at: 2/13/03 3:00:59 am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:36 am 
That was just a great update!!!:applause :bounce

So now I like Buffy again. Hmm hopefully she will tell someday, that she has a sister and that it is TARA:heart

Faith has a crush on Buffy hä:grin

So the homework would be funny:whistle

The same for Will & Tara.

Update soon???

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

I love my family but I´m a part of you. I want it to be that way - Gabrielle - The Abyss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:11 pm 
Hey sweetie

Sorry I haven't posted feedback yet..but you know through email that i love your fic.. and you're doing very well on it! It's my pleasure to beta for you. *smiles*

Have fun and keep up the great work

~NICK~

"All fear is the fear of loss. And only through that fear, can we truly love."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:41 pm 
Great update!

I love the interaction between Willow & Tara and Buffy & Faith.

I hope that the people will know someday that Tara and Buffy are sisters.

*lil´c*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:29 pm 
This is a great story. :D

I really like the interplay between the characters. Tara and Buffy being sisters is a nice twist, I wonder how everyone will react when it comes out.

I understand, you should be with the person you l-love

I am

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:03 am 

I like the back-and-forth between the charachters the most. Tara in a good familly, about time indeed :) I noticed that Tara is only minutes older than Buffy ? Thats what Giles thought anyway and it would make 'm twins.

Most definitly not identical twins thats for sure. Pretty much the opposite. Buffy really should help Tara get out of her shell at school, saying not-nice things about her isn't exactly helping.

The start had me confused for a bit. I understand that Buffy and Faith might very well be failing science, easily. But why on earth would Willow or Tara agree to be paired up ? Isn't it the teachers job to handle bothersome students ?

It DOES put Willow and Tara in the same group though, thats a plus :D And they're going to study pulses ?? Should be fun to study Willow's pulse as related to her distance to Tara, heh...

Grimmy

"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:44 am 
I agree that it is the teachers job to deal with failing students. It seems that he's doing that by blackmailing Willow and Tara into helping them. He did say he'd fail them all if they didn't work together, though I'm not sure if he can actually do this.

I am

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:25 am 
hi,just wanna say...love ur fic!!!can we see some b/f love here?hehehe!cant wait for the next update!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:56 am 
thanks for the feedback, always nice. Just got back from skiing and what did i say, told you i'd hurt myself and here i sit with my knee strapped. Was at the bottom of a slope and my mate came speed down and took me down with her :sob Actually the pairing was a based on what my sociology teacher did with 3 girls in my class, he didn't say he'd fail me but i did get extra makes for helping which never helps. i just wanted to put Tara and Willow in a close situation.

well i will up date soon, very soon.

thanx

broken hart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:37 am 

Chapter 4

Willow walked into school whistling, she was happy it was on display for everyone to see. But she couldn’t pin point why she suddenly had a beat in her step. Well she could but she was scared to admit, because when she admitted it then it was true. So until she was 100% sure, she’d keep herself in the dark on her happiness. She waved at Amy who sat on the wall with her head in a book.

Amy: Hey, what’s with the whistling?

Willow: Nothing much, just happy I guess.

Amy: Must be big if we’re whistling.

Willow: Not really.

Amy: Sure!

Willow: I have to go, but I’ll see you later in English.

Amy: Um did you do the reading?

Willow: Yes…did you?

Amy: Yes except I don’t remember any of it so you should probably run it by me.

Willow: It’s Romeo and Juliet it’s not hard, did you even rent the film? Leo and Claire Danes?

Amy: I did but I couldn’t understand what they were saying, you know I don’t think it was English.

Willow: It was exactly that, but old English. Fine meet me before the class and I’ll give you a brief outline ok?

Amy: You’re the greatest.

Willow: I know the parade for me is for once.

Willow walked off not really paying much attention to where she was going, as she rounded the corner she bumped right into Buffy and fell back on her butt. She looked up at the figure she had walked into and saw Cordelia standing next to her.

Cordelia: Watch it geek.

Willow: Sorry I will…

Buffy: Here. (offering her hand to willow) Let me help you up.

Cordelia: You know what you’re doing right?

Buffy: It was as much my fault. (Pulled Willow up) See you in science Will. (Smiling at the redhead before walking off with Cordy.)

Willow sat on the wall waiting for Amy to turn up for their English Class with Mr Giles. He was a good teacher and was passionate about every book they read, he had the ability to make you fall in love with the books. She thought he was an attractive man, he had kind and gentle eyes, just like Tara’s. From there she was lost in thought about the blonde haired beauty.

Amy: Hey you in there Wills?

Willow: Huh?

Amy: You’ve been on a different planet lately...come back to us.

Willow: I’m right here. Ok lets get cracking.

Amy: Right brain switched on and in the up right position.

Willow: This is a story about the two star crossed lovers ok.

Amy: Star…Crossed lovers got it.

Willow: Romeo is a Montague and Juliet is a Capulet. They’re from two different sides. How do you not know this? Everyone knows Romeo and Juliet.

The bell sounded.

Amy: Great.

Willow: But they fall in love but Romeo kills Tybalt and they’re forced apart. Juliet pretends to be dead, Romeo thinks she has killed herself and Juliet wakes up sees Romeo killing himself and kills herself and they families put aside their differences.

Amy: Breathe.

Willow: Got it?

Amy: Boy meets girl, they can’t be together so they kill themselves?

Willow: That’ll do.

Amy: Sounds like it’s from a soap opera if you ask me. You reckon he ripped it of from a T.V programme.

Willow: Amy this is William Shakespeare!

Amy: And?

Willow: His dead.

Amy: When was it, recent?

Willow: (sighing) Yep just last week.

Amy: That’s so sad.

Willow: Yes…yes it really is.

The redhead walked a few paces behind her friend worrying about her. She went to push and open the door when someone already held it open. She looked up and saw Faith holding the door. She smiled her thanks as she walked into the room followed by Faith. Willow sat next to Amy, who was frowning.

Willow: You’ll wrinkle if u do that.

Amy: Since when have you been friends with muscles?

Willow: Huh?

Amy: Faith, she held the door open for you.

Willow: So? (trying to show it was no big deal but she hid her excitement)

Amy: And today I saw Buffy help you up. Since when have you suddenly become friends with these people.

Willow: When I talk to you does it just go in one ear and out the other?

Amy: what?

Willow: I told you I’m doing the science project with them.

Amy: You said science. You know when the word science is mentioned I’m out like a light.

Willow: How could I forget.

Giles: Calm down class, it’s time to begin all get your books out. Did everyone do the reading…As there is no sound I’m taking that as a yes we did read the book. Great, so who wants to tell me who’s to blame for the deaths of Romeo and Juliet. No hands…ok Buffy who in your opinion is to blame?

(He looked at his daughter and smiled she had been avoiding eye contact with her father. She usually got away without speaking in class.)

Buffy: Um well I would say Tybalt.

Giles: Interesting why?

Buffy: Well if Tybalt hadn’t wanted to fight Romeo, Tybalt wouldn’t have killed Mercutio and Romeo wouldn’t have killed Tybalt getting himself banished. It’s the chain of events.

Giles: Anyone else disagree?

Andrew: Juliet should have just left with Romeo when he was banished. Simple ending and would have made it a lot shorter.

Giles: Valid point Mr Martins.

Faith: I think it was old Capulet’s fault.

Giles: Why?

Faith: Because he was forcing his daughter to marry a man she never wanted, she only wants to make him happy and he doesn’t listen to her. He pushed her to the extreme making her pretend she was dead.

Willow: I don’t agree with that either.

Giles: And why would that be Miss Rosenberg?

Willow: I think it was the feud it’s self. Well if the two families didn’t hate each other with such a passion then Romeo and Juliet could have just well got on with it.

Giles: All good points.

Andrew: Which ones right?

Giles: They all are, they all had there hand in the deaths. Just checking you lot read it. Shakespeare would be impressed.

Amy: It’s amazing.

Giles: Pardon?

Amy: Well most writers have to wait till they are like rotting in the ground before their books are so popular. And used in schools no less.

Giles: Shakespeare died in 1616.

Amy: the 16th of the…I don’t think so we only have 12 months.

Giles: No I meant…Doesn’t matter Amy. Well class I’m pairing you all up, so u can work on the passion that is Romeo and Juliet.

His eyes scanned the room adding up all the people and pairing them. He went back to his desk he looked at the names on roll call. He began to call out couples and set them up. When he was finished there were two people still not paired up. Faith and Buffy looked around then looked at each other.

Giles: I guess our last couple will be Miss Giles and Miss Lewis.

Faith: you’re joking?

Giles: I’m being very serious. Well you get the choice of either two scenes. Either act one scene five or Act three scene five.

Buffy: But we’re two girls.

Giles: It would be unfair of me to let you pick another scene when the rest of the class has to do the scenes I’ve set. I’m not expecting you to as you call it ‘make out’ just act.

Andrew: I have no problem with them kissing.

Faith: And I have no problem with kicking your ass.

Giles: That’s enough you two.

The girls exchanged a look as they finally gave in and moved their desks closer.

Faith: Um…I guess we should do act one scene five.

Buffy: And why?

Faith: Coz it’s the shortest, and I don’t know about you but my acting expertise is limited to…(She started to fill her eyes with fake tears and her voice broke down slightly) I haven’t done my home work sir coz my dog died. (The tears disappeared behind a smile.)

Buffy: Impressive.

The two girls smiled at each other for a second but when they realised what they were doing they looked away. During the lesson they each found themselves trying to catch a look at the other.

Faith: So what you doing tonight? (Did that seem like I was hitting on her?…Am I hitting on her?)

Buffy: Um I think I’m just gonna bronze it to night. You? (Was she hitting on me? Am I encouraging her?)

Faith: Actually I was going to go to the bronze. (The bell) Maybe I’ll see you there.

The brunette winked at her as the blonde got up. Buffy blushed and felt the butterflies go in her stomach. The mood was broken by a loud voice calling her.

Bailey: Buffy, baby, get your sexy ass in my arms.

Giles: Mr Chase that is no way to talk to a lady.

Bailey: Oh yeah sorry. Um…get your sexy ass-th in my arm-th. (He glared at the boy he disliked.)

Giles: Just go.

Buffy looked back at Faith as she walked towards the blonde haired boy and he pulled her in for a kiss. Faith watched them go.

Willow: Those relationships never last.

Faith turned and saw the red head, trying to make her feel better.

Faith: I don’t care.

Willow: Right sorry my opinion isn’t important.

Faith: That’s not what I meant Red I just meant it doesn't bother me.

Willow: Oh right.

Faith: So which lucky chappy did you get stuck with?

Willow: Andrew.

Faith: The charmer of our class lucky you. Blondie’s gonna be jealous.

Willow: What…huh?

Faith: Tara.

Willow: What about her?

Faith: Sorry have I read to much into the staring and more staring? I know a crush when I see one red.

Willow: No I mean me and Tara are just...

Faith: What you doing tonight?

Willow: What?

Faith: I’m not asking you out or anything Will don’t get you’re hopes up, it’s just I’m going to the Bronze tonight.

Willow: Me at the bronze?

Faith: You’ve been before right?

Willow: Kinda no.

Faith: You're pulling my leg.

Willow: Not that I’m aware of.

Faith: You’re so gonna shake your groove thing with me tonight.

Willow: My groove thing doesn’t really shake. And I have nothing to wear.

Faith: Leave that to me. I’ll be round yours about 8 and no arguments.

Willow: Do you even know where I live?

Faith: I’m always up for a challenge.

Willow (whispering): That why you like Buffy?

Faith: Huh?

Willow: I said, I won’t get huffy.

Faith: See you then red.

--------------

I'm really not sure when i will have the next part up because i'm going to spend some time with my girlie :heart coz i missed her while i was away. But as soon as i get back there will be one update for you! big fat promise

love

broken hart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:03 am 
That was a great update. :clap

I liked Amy's comment about Romeo and juliet being ripped off from TV. :rofl

Actually I have heard people saying that Lord of the Rings was ripped off from Star wars, though I assume that they were joking.

I am