The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Fic: Familiar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:44 pm 
Title: Familiar

Author: Aine

Rating: for the moment, PG 13. for some violence.

Email: bris0009@unf.edu

Spoilers: none, it's totally AU

Disclaimer: yeah yeah, i know i don't own 'em...

Feedback: yes please!!! constructive...good...bad...anything. if u don't like the fic...then please tell me...if u like it...well...tell me....i hope u like....

Notes: ummm....i think i posted this right....i've never done this before so bare with me, please...okay...so i hope u enjoy. and a thank you to my 'long lost beta' jadeo0

Part 1a:

In a local convenience store, a young man, wearing an old baseball cap, with a little bit of red hair sticking out the back, is waving a gun and yelling, "Alright, everyone against the wall! NOW!"

Among the hostages is Aingeal Maclay, who is looking frantically for her five-year-old daughter, "Tara! Where are you, baby!?"

"I said AGAINST THE WALL!!"

Aingeal complies with the gunman's wish, but her eyes rapidly look around the store for her beloved Tara.

"Mama?" A scared, five year old, Tara calls out as she comes out of the bathroom, her deep blue eyes staring at her mother against the wall with four other hostages, then at the gun pointed straight at her. "MAMA!"

The gun goes off...

Edited by: Aine at: 3/25/04 3:56 pm

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Familiar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:52 pm 
You have my attention! Digging back into Tara's childhood is a great idea!! :bounce Can't wait to read more!!! :clap :applause :dumbo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:00 am 
OOOOOOO I remember this!!!!!!! :applause :applause :applause

I thought this had died! Send the next part ASAP!!! I WANNA READ!!!! :bounce :bounce :bounce

It is with words as with sunbeams - the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn.

-Robert Southey

Post subject: Re:...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:10 am 
Ohhh what happens? what happens? Hope you update soon.

Post subject: Re: Re:...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:46 am 
oh, you cant stop there...:paranoid what happens next?

luna

Post subject: Re: Re:...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:22 am 
you stopped right there!!!!:gnome

please put up more.

brittney

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:47 pm 
girlfriends actually i'm glad i have your attention. hope you like where i take this

jadeo0 u know? i get this strange feeling that you were my beta. cuz i couldn't remember who my beta was...hrm. well glad you like

mxgirl314read and ye shall find out

soluna350 hrm...well i didn't really stop...just paused a little :P

amazonaa lol sorry bout that....but i really am evil about cliffhangars...i love them...:devilish hehe

so heres the next part

for disclaimers see first part

…but the bullet never reaches Tara.

Aingeal Maclay is lying on the floor, as if asleep. She is on her side, one arm under her head, the other across her stomach. The only difference is her white shirt is now stained red.

Seeing this, the gunman runs off. One of the hostages runs to the phone behind the counter, and quickly dials 911.

"Mama? Mama, it's okay now," Tara is gently shaking her mother's shoulder in attempt to wake her up. "The bad man runned away. Please wake up, Mama." A tear slides down the young girl's cheek. She runs a hand over her mother’s shirt. "Why is your shirt red? Your shirt is red, Mama. You never liked red." Little Tara is now holding her mother's lifeless hand between both of her tiny hands, as she closes her eyes. She opens her eyes again, with a new, grown-up gaze. "It's okay, Mama. Sleep. You'll need your rest," Tara lifts her mother's hand up to her tiny lips and lays a gentle kiss upon it, "All the little kids in heaven need you. The Goddess needs you to be with her. I love you, Mama."

Tara lies down in front of her mother and wraps Aingeal's arms around her tiny stomach, lying there until a brunette officer comes and carries her away. The little blonde doesn’t stop saying "I Love You Mama. I'm sorry" until halfway to the police station, where she finally breaks down crying in the officer's arms.

At the police station, the brunette officer walks in carrying a sobbing Tara, wrapped in a blanket. The officer is holding Tara close, running her fingers through the little girl's hair, "It's okay, sweetheart. Shh..." The officer sits down and sets Tara across her lap.

Tara has her arms around the officer's neck, her face buried in the crook of her neck.

At the front desk a redheaded, scared looking, young man approaches holding the hand of a five year old, redheaded girl. The girl is dirty and in worn out clothes and an old, oversized baseball cap.

"Darlin?"

"Yeah Papa?"

"Why don't you go sit down for a while? Look." He points to the crying Tara. "Why don't you go see what's wrong? She awfully looks like she could use a good friend like you."

The young redhead looks over to where her father is pointing and then looks back at her father, confused. She doesn’t understand why her Papa is so sad or why they are at a police station. Her Papa gave her his old baseball cap to wear. She loves wearing his cap. Eventually though, the little redhead walks over to the sobbing little blonde.

The fiery-haired girl sits on the bench, right next to the police officer holding the blonde.

"What's a matter?"

"She's very sad, sweetie."

"Why?''

"She just lost her mama."

"Oh." The young redhead looks down with a saddened expression. She remembers all too well when she lost her mom. Her mom was in the hospital a long time. After her mom died, her and her dad lived in buildings with a lot of other people. She couldn't remember, but she thinks that they were called shelters. They didn't have any money, so food was very limited, but her papa always seemed to get some food for her, even going without eating at times. "Can I give her a hug?"

The officer smiles down at the thoughtful redhead. "I'll tell you what, if Tara says it's okay, could you watch over her for me? I need to go do some yucky paper work, and I would feel much better if you would take care of her."

"Okay." The young redhead was eager to make a new friend.

"Hey Tara? Would you mind if my friend…” She turns to the young red-head and whispers," what's your name sweetheart?"

"Willow."

"Beautiful." Turning back to Tara, she continues. "Would you mind if my friend, Willow, stayed with you for a little while?"

"C-could s-she hold m-me?"

Before the police officer can answer, Willow nods, "I can hold you. I promise to be a good friend. That is if you wanna be my friend. I don't have many friends. I don't know many people. You don't have to be my friend if you don't wanna. I was just excited that maybe you might like me and we could be friends. I'm Willow," Willow takes in a deep breath, since she used up most of her previously stored oxygen.

Tara can't help but smile a little bit. The girl was silly. "I'm Tara," she says quietly, "Um, I wanna be your friend." Tara lays her head down on the redhead's lap.

Willow begins to run her fingers through Tara's hair, "I'm five. How old are you? Do you go to school? I wish I could go to school."

"I'm five too. And I go to Lakewood Elementary."

Willow keeps running her hand through the little blonde's hair, before she starts to get sleepy and she lies down next to Tara. They cuddle up to each other; both are emotionally exhausted, and fall asleep.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:11 pm 
Wow both lost their mom:shock I bet they will get good friends...cant wait to read more. I just hope that they wont suffer too much!

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

Even in death Baby, i´ll never leave u!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:17 pm 
Yes, I would be that long-lost beta of yours. I kept trying to contact you, but I couldn't remember your name OR your email...:blush Talk about a bad memory.

It is with words as with sunbeams - the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn.

-Robert Southey

Post subject: Familiar
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:52 pm 

This is really good!! Post some more soon! Please?:pray

----------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe, she whispered to me, I don't want to breath..."

Post subject: Re: Part 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:27 pm 
Stroke of Luck: well sorta...later...u'll see and i hope you'll like

jadeo0: same here...i couldn't remember ur name on here and i couldn't find ur email...eh well...hope u like the fic.

Livelomaniac87: thank you

disclaimers and such see first part

oh and the song is 'behind blue eyes' done by limp bizkit

well heres the next part and thank you to Muse for betaing this part

Part 3: Ten Years Later

No one knows what it's like

To be the bad man

To be the sad man

Behind blue eyes

And no one knows

What it's like to be hated

To be fated to telling only lies

But my dreams they aren't as empty

As my conscience seems to be

I have hours, only lonely

My love is vengeance

That's never free

No one knows what its like

To feel these feelings

Like i do, and i blame you!

No one bites back as hard

On their anger

None of my pain and woe

Can show through

My love is vengeance

That's never free

To be mistreated, to be defeated

Behind blue eyes

No one knows how to say

That they're sorry and don't worry

I'm not telling lies

My love is vengeance

That's never free

To be the bad man, to be the sad man

Behind blue eyes.

“Red! That’s wicked awesome. Who knew you were an artist,” Faith playfully shoves her friend.

Surprised, the redhead almost falls over, “Whoa! What the hell Faith? Where’d you come from?”

“Holy shit! You didn’t tell me you could write, sing, AND play! Why you hide it?”

“Hey I’m a bad ass. If people find out that I write mushy stuff, no one would be scared of me any more.” Willow playfully pouts at her best friend.

“Ah yes. The name, Willow, just strikes fear into the hearts of anyone who hears it spoken. You’re fulla hot air Red. You get a pleather jacket and you call yourself a bad ass.”

“Okay, I just never thought I was any good. Hey, we goin to school today?”

“Nah, It’s Friday. We haven’t been since Monday, why go today?”

“Alright. What’re we gonna do?”

“I got some spray paint, you wanna do a number on the bridge at the park?”

“Um okay…sounds like fun.” The redhead tries to act enthusiastic.

“Rupert Giles?” A young voice on the telephone asks.

“Yes, this is he. Who may I ask is calling?”

“Officer Crystal from Sunnydale P.D. We picked up a Willow Rosenburg, and I understand that you are her foster parent and legal guardian?”

“Yes that is correct, what did she do this time?”

“We caught her and her little friend spray painting the bridge in the park.”

“I’ll be down to pick her up, thank you officer.”

***Back at Giles’s

“Damn it Willow!”

“Uh oh…somebody’s pissed.” The redheaded teen scoffs.

“Yes. Yes I am pissed as you so kindly put it. You are the smartest person I know, and not to mention the most talented. And you waste it all on trying to be a bloody bad ass. You put graffiti all over the walls and you quit going to classes. I just don’t know what to do with you,” Giles sits down on the couch looking defeated.

Distressed, Willow tries to defend herself, “It’s not like I killed anybody. I mean, I just painted on a wall, just this once. There were a bunch of other kids there, and I didn’t wanna be the goody goody. You don’t understand. It’s bad enough that I have to deal with bein a fifteen year old girl. But I don’t even have parents like a normal kid. So I have to try to fit in extra hard. I’ve had four foster families in 10 years. Been with you and Jenny what, 4 years? So, why don’t you just give me back? It’s what everyone seems to do with me when I get too much for them. My Papa murdered a woman and gave me away. My first foster family didn’t want to deal with my issues, JESUS! I was five Giles! Did you know that I was outside of that damn convenience store when he shot the lady?!”

Hey darlin’, Papa’s just gonna go inside for some food. I’ll be right out sugar.”

“Okay Papa. I’ll play with Bessy.” The tiny redhead looks up at her Papa and smiles.

“Good girl.” He pats his daughter on the head and nervously walks into the convenience store.

Giles moves over to his foster child and embraces her, it was the first time she’s opened up to anyone about what happened ten years before.

Willow continues, “I was in my own little world playing with a doll that my mom made me.”

Humming a little tune, the redhead makes her doll dance to her melody. “Wow, you’re a good dancer Miss Bessy.” Willow sits up straight as she hears yelling from inside the store. “ Hm…is that Papa? Why is he yellin’?” Then the little redhead hears a loud bang before her Papa runs out of the store and picks her up, and keeps running. He doesn’t stop running until they reach a homeless shelter.

“Then my papa comes out of the building, picks me up and starts to run. I didn’t know what happened,” Willow looks up at Giles. She has a lost look in her eyes as she begins to cry. “Papa took me to the shelter we had been staying at, he told me that he might have to go away for a little while. I started to cry. He took his beat up old baseball cap and put in on my head,” Willow allowed herself a little giggle at the memory. “ He patted my head, and swung me onto his back and headed to the police station. We walked into the station and he took a look around and a deep breath. He noticed a little blonde girl crying. So I go over to her and we end up falling asleep.” Willow smiles softly at the thought.

“Sweetheart. Darlin’ you have to wake up for Papa.”

Slowly, Willow opens her eyes, “Papa?” She sees that her Papa is crying, so she throws her arms around him and starts to cry herself, “Papa, what’s wrong? Did I do something bad? I’m sorry Papa, I promise to be good.”

“No, no baby. I have to go away. I did something very bad.”

Hearing people talking, the little blonde girl starts to slowly open her eyes. Yet, when she catches the first glimpse of Willow’s father, her eyes go wide with fear. When the tiny blonde sees that Willow is crying she takes Willow into her arms, “Go away, I won’t let you hurt her.”

The man looks down then back at his daughter. He kisses her forehead, “I love you darlin’ forgive me.” The officer drags the redhead to a holding cell.

Willow frowns a little before continuing, “He really was a good guy. I mean yeah, killing a lady is bad and all. But he really did have a good heart. I never missed a meal, even though we had no money. He told me stories at night, before I fell asleep, about Mama. She was so beautiful Giles. My papa never let me forget that. Even though I never would have then, and I still haven’t.” Willow now was sitting, curled up, across Giles’s lap, her arms around his neck. Pulling away a little, Willow looks into Giles’s eyes, “Giles?”

“Yes Willow?”

“Are you gonna give me away?” Tears threatening to spill down the redhead’s cheeks.

Smiling gently, “No I am not.” Brushing a stray hair out of Willow’s eyes, “I was actually wondering if you’d let me well, us, Jenny and me, adopt you. I never want to replace the special place in your heart that you have for your father. However, could I possibly ask if you’d create a new space in your heart for me? I’ve grown to love you like I would my own flesh and blood over the past few years.”

“Really? You want to keep me around? For like…ever?”

Smiling, “Only if you want to, I don’t want you to feel pressured.”

“Oh Giles! I promise, I promise that if you adopt me I’ll do better in school. I’ll actually go to school. I’ll do anything! I would love to be your daughter.”

“Wonderful, I’ll just have the papers drawn up. Now, it’s quite late, and we’ve had quite an emotional evening. How about we get some rest, and tomorrow you can have you friend over. What’s her name? Hope?”

“Her name’s Faith you ol’ goof.” Tripping over her words slightly, “G-Giles?”

“Yes?”

“Could um…could you maybe take me to see Papa? I want to tell him that I’m going to be adopted, and how I’m doing. I haven’t seen him in a few months.”

“Of course Willow. How about we go on Sunday? I’ll call the prison and tell them that you will be there.”

“Thanks Pop…it’s umm…it’s okay if I start calling you that? Even though the adoption hasn’t even started yet? Oh! What about Jenny? Does she want me? Did you even talk to her about it? Or was this a split decision thing?”

Before Willow could continue her babble, Giles put up his hand to silence her, “Yes Willow, it’s okay for you to call me anything. I feel honored. Yes, Jenny knows. We’ve been discussing this option for quite a while, and she is thrilled with the idea of having you for a daughter.”

*_*_*_*_*

Also ten years after the shooting

“Tara! Time for school kiddo! I’ll be in the car!” Buffy yells upstairs then goes outside and starts the car.

From upstairs Tara yells back, “Yeah Buffy, I’m coming,” Tara quickly throws her jacket on and grabs her backpack for school.

Tara’s father seemingly comes out of nowhere and block’s her path to the front door. “You ready for your first day of school? You sure you want to do this? I mean, you are only late a month into the school year, but I could still home school you if you want.”

“Daddy, I’m totally ready.” A car horn honks outside the house, “Oh Dad, I gotta go. Buffy’s waiting. We’ll see you guys tonight at dinner.” Tara kisses her father’s cheek and heads out the door calling, “Bye Mom, I’ll see you later!”

Post subject: re:part 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:13 pm 
oh that was so good but a little said to. i almost started crying.

anyway good job. and keep going

brittney

Post subject: Re: re:part 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:22 pm 
Oh, this is awesome! I love where you went with it :D Willow as a gangster/bad-ass is an amusing picture! Update soon!

-Robert Southey

Post subject: Re: re:part 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:55 am 
Ok next part, i have to know more about them....:d

SoL/Natti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:37 am 
Wow, great stuff!!! :clap

You wrote the sad and dramatic parts just breath-taking. Almost made me cry, too.

Willows father shooting Taras mom, that's hard. Wonder what happend after Willow first met Tara at the police station and why they lost sight of eachother.

I'm really curious how this story will continue!!!!

Update soon??

Anya: "So, I've been reading a lot about the good old 'us of A', embracing the extraordinarily precious ideology that's helped to shape and define it."

Willow: "Democracy?" Anya: "Capitalism."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:06 pm 
This fic is so good, it's fascinating to see that Willow and Tara's lives have been interwined so early with the events with their parents. It was so sad to hear of Mrs Maclay being killed, and so shocking when it transpired that Mr. Rosenberg was responsible.

I love the idea of Willow being a bad-ass and friends with Faith, and I like hearing that Jenny is alive and well (and with Giles :) ). It's so sweet that Giles wants to adopt her! :heart

Am really looking forward to the continuation!

LostWithoutTara

Every time you walk away, I pretend that I'm okay

Post subject: Familiar
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:48 pm 

Oh! I love the update! How sad is it that her father killed Tara's mother! :sob I hope to see more soon! :bigwave

~Macy

-------------------------------------

Everytime I see your face, I just fall behind, I just close my eyes, I just close my eyes...

Post subject: Part 4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:05 pm 
Thank you all for the feedback, keep it coming! i live for the stuff. I promise to give replies tomorrow. along with a longer update. sorry this one is so short. i hope you enjoy it.

Also ten years after the shooting

“Tara! Time for school kiddo! I’ll be in the car!” Buffy yells upstairs then goes outside and starts the car.

From upstairs Tara yells back, “Yeah Buffy, I’m coming,” Tara quickly throws her jacket on and grabs her backpack for school.

Tara’s father seemingly comes out of nowhere and block’s her path to the front door. “You ready for your first day of school? You sure you want to do this? I mean, you are only late a month into the school year, but I could still home school you if you want.”

“Daddy, I’m totally ready.” A car horn honks outside the house, “Oh Dad, I gotta go. Buffy’s waiting. We’ll see you guys tonight at dinner.” Tara kisses her father’s cheek and heads out the door calling, “Bye Mom, I’ll see you later!”

…………………..

“You do realize that I’m older than you by almost six months, right?” Tara asks her sister once she gets in the car.

“Yeah well…whatcha gonna do about it?” Buffy smirks and keeps driving. It’s the girls first day at Sunnydale High. Buffy is nervous. She’s heard rumors about a couple of tough kids. She really just wants to get through her freshman year without getting into trouble. If anyone messes with her sister, they have it coming to them.

Sticking her tongue out at the smaller blonde, “I beat you up foo’.” Both girls burst out laughing.

“Oh looky looky, we’re here. Our new prison kiddo, whatcha think?” Buffy looks over at her sister who seems to be focused on something across the street. Buffy follows Tara’s gaze. Or focused on someone across the street. A redhead with a guitar and a hot brunette. *nice*

“What?”

“Oh nothin. Come on kiddo, we gotta go meet the principal.”

***Dinner***

“Wow Mom, dinner smells great!” Buffy says as she walks into the kitchen.

“Why thank you dear.”

”So where’d you order in from?” Tara jokes, as she comes into the kitchen behind Buffy.

“Ah yes, my daughter the comedian. Go set the table, please?”

Rolling her eyes, Tara complies and gets the silverware from the drawer, “Yes mom,” then trudges to the dining room to set the table.

After Tara sets the table, her father comes home from work and the family begins their meal. Joyce ordered in from Wok-N-Roll, a Chinese restaurant down the road.

“Buffy? Tara? How was your guys’ first day of school?”

“Interesting,” both girls said at the same time, then let out a small giggle.

“Well,” Buffy takes the floor. “It was okay. There were these two totally hot girls sitting across the street from the school when we got there.”

“Oh yeah, I think I noticed them,” Tara says half-heartedly, her mind somewhere else. Actually, in a place it’s hidden from for ten years…back at the convenience store.

“Riiiight. Where you at Tare? You’re startin to scare me.” Buffy lays a hand on Tara’s arm.

“May I be excused? I don’t feel well.” Tara asks looking at her parents.

“Of course sweetie. Do you need anything?”

“No Daddy. Thank you. I just need to lay down a bit.” Tara gets up from her seat and heads upstairs. However, she doesn’t hear Buffy asked to also be excused. She also doesn’t notice Buffy follow her up the stairs to her room.

Edited by: Aine at: 3/26/04 10:22 am

Post subject: Re: Part 4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:15 am 
Yay!!! Great update chicka! More to come please?????????? I'm your greatest fanWink winkwell I'll keep on reading and hope u update soon.

Your favorite fan,

-Musey!

Post subject: Re: Part 4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:11 am 
Again, fantastic update!!

Did Tara recognize Willow from across the street or why was she suddently reminded of what happend 10 years ago when Buffy mentioned "these two totally hot girls"?

:hmm , I think I have to wait to find out. Don't let me wait too long, pleeeease :D

Anya: "So, I've been reading a lot about the good old 'us of A', embracing the extraordinarily precious ideology that's helped to shape and define it."

Post subject: Re: sorry not an update...just replies to feedback
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:41 pm 
amazonaa-i'm sorry u almost cried...but u might wanna keep the tissues handy...

jadeo0-thank you, i'm glad you love it. update in a day or two

stroke of luck-you'll know in time :wink

michellesflute-i'm glad you like. sorry i almost made you cry. like i told amazon...u might wanna keep the tissues around

lostwithouttara
-yeah, i kinda wanted them to have met. i needed a conflict. yeas i am a suck for angst. and there will be alot. no worries tho, cuz there will also be lots of willow and tara goodness.

livelomaniac-it is sad, yes. lots more angst to come tho.

rosewitch-my lovely beta. what would i do without you?

michellesflute-hrm...i guess you'll just have to read and find out.

thank you all again for reading and posting feedback. i should have an update atleast by tuesday.

Edited by: Aine at: 3/28/04 12:47 pm

Post subject: Re: sorry not an update...just replies to feedback
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:58 pm 
i know in time???:shock and when is that time;) hehe ok i have to wait i see that..hmpf i hate to wait, have i mentioned that:p hehehe

Hmm Buffy will talk to Tara, right. She has to talk about it!

Next part pls:clap

CU:wave

SoL/Natti

Post subject: Part 5
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:03 pm 
hey guys...sorry for the wait...

disclaimers in the first part

thank you to my fabulous beta.

i hope you enjoy

Part 5:

“Knock knock,” Buffy calls out to her sister. “What’s up Tare? You have everybody worried.” Buffy lays down on the bed next to Tara and holds out her arms for the upset blonde, “C’mere. Talk to me kiddo. What’s goin on in that head of yours?”

Tara snuggles into the waiting arms of her sister. “It’s nothing really. I just…I started thinking about that day…at the convenience store…the day my Mama died. I don’t know why really. I just started to think about it. It’s the first time in ten years that I ever really thought about it,” a small tear trickles down the blonde’s cheek. “I miss my mama. I mean, in all reality, mom is more my mother than mama was. I mean she’s been my mom for ten years. Mama was only mine for 5, you know? But I still miss Mama. Did that make any sense?”

“You know? It did, surprisingly, but go on,” Buffy lovingly squeezes her sister encouraging her to continue her thoughts.

“I can’t help but to miss Mama. And I don’t want Mom to think that I love Mama more or better. But I don’t want to forget my Mama. Or should I just forget about her and move on?”

“Sweetie. I can only begin to imagine what you are going through, but I think maybe you should talk to Mom? She’s a lot better at this stuff.”

Horrified at the thought, “Buffy! No! I can’t,” Tara starts to cry, “She’ll hate me Buffy.”

“Pfft! She will not. Dude, she’s like the coolest. What other mom do you know of who didn’t scream and cry for months after finding out both of her daughters are gay? She totally gets us when no body else does. It’s kinda freaky.”

“You know something Buffy?” Tara smirks slightly at her sister.

“What’s that kiddo?” Buffy runs her fingers through Tara’s long, blonde hair.

“You’re smarter than you look,” Tara actually begins to smile.

“Oh, you are soo getting it kiddo,” Buffy begins to tickle her sister. Both girls are laughing hysterically, totally oblivious to their parents standing in the doorway. Mr. Maclay has his arms wrapped around Joyce from behind. Both parents are wearing sad smiles on their faces. Sad because of what Tara is going through, but happy because the girls really do love each other and their family.

Making their presence known, Mr. Maclay gives a little cough, “Hey Buff, what do you say to goin and getting ice cream for everyone. It’s been a while since we’ve gone out, just the two of us.”

“Yeah sure Pops! Just lemme go get my jacket.” Buffy runs out of Tara’s room, and stops to give her parents each a kiss on the cheek.

Mr. Maclay kisses his wife on the cheek, “I’ll see you later love.”

“Yo.” Faith sleepily says into the phone.

“Hey Faith, it’s me. Willow. Did I wake you up?”

“Nah Red, it’s all good. What’s up?” A tired Faith says, looking at the clock and groaning at the time.

“It’s just…I can’t sleep. I kept thinking about the day at the police station, ten years ago. Giles is going to go take me to the prison the day after tomorrow. I’m gonna see my dad.”

“You gonna be alright with that? I know the last time it was kinda hard for you,” Faith pauses for a second, “Hey Red?”

“Yeah Faith?”

“You want me to go with you? I mean I won’t sit in on your visit, but I could be out in the waitin room or somthin if you wanted.”

Willow is excited at this prospect and begins to excitedly scream into the phone, “Oh Faith! Would you really? Cause if you don’t, that’s totally okay. Like if you were just saying it to be nice. But I would so love it if you would go with me. It’d be…”

“Red! Chill out all right? I wouldn’t have offered if I wouldn’t go. I’ll tell you what, you let me get some shuteye right now and I’ll head over to your place for dinner tomorrow and stay the night. That way we can wake up on Sunday and head straight to the prison. Cause, I love you Will. But it’s four o’clock in the morning.”

“Oh! Oh wow, it is. I am so sorry, Faith. I didn’t notice the time. Yes, go to sleep and I will see you tomorrow. Oh and Faith?” The redhead smirks.

“What?”

“I love you, too.” The redhead giggles.

“Huh? Oh man, don’t tell me I told you I love you. You totally can’t let anyone find out that I actually have feelings like a normal person.”

“Yeah, and did you notice that you called me, Will, instead of Red?” Willow was having fun with the situation.

“Holy shit!”

The redhead bursts into a fit of giggles as she hears Faith hang up the phone. “Thanks Faith, I owe you one,” she says out loud, to the air, as she falls to her pillow and asleep.

Tara and Joyce are sitting on the bed. Propped up by pillows against the headboard of the bed. Joyce has her arms wrapped lovingly around her step-daughter.

“So what’s up baby girl?” Joyce asks Tara.

“I just… I feel guilty, like I’m this bad person who should be shunned,” Tara snuggles into Joyce’s embrace.

“Why?”

“It’s just, I miss Mama. But I feel like I shouldn’t miss her, because you’re my Mom now.” Tara wraps her arms around Joyce and gently squeezes her.

“Can I tell you something sweetie?” Joyce pulls away a little bit, so she can look at Tara.

“Sure Mom.”

“When I adopted you, I never wanted to take the place of your mother. Your father has told me what a beautiful woman she was, and I only regret not ever getting the chance to meet her. I don’t want you to forget your mama, and it’s perfectly normal that you miss her. You will miss her forever. I also think that it’s okay to love me. I don’t think that she would mind at all. I believe she would want you to be looked after. She seems like she was a lovely woman,” Joyce brings Tara in for a hug.

“But sometimes I just wish she was here. You know? I mean it’s not that I wish you weren’t. I just…” Tara lays her head on Joyce’s shoulder.

“Shh…I know what you mean. It’s okay,” Joyce begins to lovingly stroke her daughter’s hair.

“I miss her Mom,” Tara then begins to cry as she remembers the last day she spent with her mother.”

“Mama! Mama! Can I go with you to the store?” The five-year old, tiny, blonde runs and attaches herself to her mother’s legs.

“Baby, Mama’s going to be right back. I’m just going to go to the corner store and get some milk. Maybe even bring back my favorite little girl a candy bar.” Aingeal Maclay reaches down and scoops her daughter up in her arms.

“Please Mama?” The tiny blonde pouts.

“Alright baby, get into your seat and Mama’ll be right out.”

“Okay Mama!” The tiny blonde squirms out of her mother’s arms and runs to put herself in her car seat.

“Daniel! I’ll be back in about 15 minutes! I’ve got Tara. I love you!” Aingeal shouts to her husband.

“Alright honey! I’ll see you two later! I love you.”

“Oh my goddess. Mom. It was my fault,” Tara bolts upright, and then tucks her legs into herself and starts sobbing.

Post subject: Re: Part 5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:43 am 
OI poor Tara! Its not easy to go through such a situation. Hopefully everyone of her "new" family can help her, but i bet it gets worse, before its getting better.:hmm

Lets just say: I wanna see a happy Tara pretty soon:)

SoL/Natti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:15 am 
An update, YAY!!!! :applause :applause :applause

So, I guess Willow and Tara didn't recognize each other, but they sure felt something! I wonder how they will react when they find out, but they'll work it out in the end, right?! (sure they will!)

I like how you put all the characters from the show together, Willow being adopted by Giles and Jenny, Tara by Buffy's mom, Tara's dad being married to Joyce and so on!

So, next update please :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:06 pm 
WAHOO!!!! I totally love this fic... But, but... I don't think I could go any more.... everything is starting to turn black... darkness is coming... Oh... Oh no... it looks like the only way to survive is for another update... SOON!!!! LOL, anyhoo, GREAT WORK!!! Keep it up and hope to see somemore soon. =)

Aaron

'TaraBaby77'

"It's about two people,
regardless of sex, who love each other and treat each other with compassion and
respect."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:00 pm 
Wow!! This story is really deep. I don't know how much more I can take!! :gnome But I can't turn away either. Please more soon!! :pray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:36 pm 
You know, I read the first paragraph of this story, and I wasn't sure I wanted to continue. Something told me to give the story a chance, so I read the following chapters. I must say this is an interesting idea. Willow's father kills Tara's mother, they comfort each other, and now they are seeing each other for the first time in 10 years, but they don't recognize one another. I can't wait to see how everything shakes out.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Post subject: Wow...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:19 pm 
I have to say, this fic on some level reminds me of my childhood--not that I met a Tara or anything *sigh*, but yeah. I'm hooked now, and really interested to see where you'll go with this. Willow as a bad-ass. :hmm

Poor Tara! :( She needs to be happy, and quickly! :)

I love this story, and can't wait for an update!

-AH

Et je saigne encore, tout ce rouge sur mon corps, je te blesse dans un dernier effort

Post subject: sry not an update
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:14 am 
hey all i'd just like to thank everyone who has replied to my fic...i promise to have an update within the next few days...and i'll also post individual replies before i update...i've just been busy, my grandfather has been sick, and he died this past tuesday and i've been making alot of the funeral arrangements and everything else that goes with...i've written part of the next update...please be patient kittens...in just two parts, our willow and tara meet! blessed be.

stacey