The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: First Fic: Beholden (AU)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:08 am 
Title: Beholden

Author: Cinderlust

Spoilers: None. This is totally AU. The characters' histories have been changed as well as their relationships with each other.

Pairing: W/T

Rating: PG for now.

Disclaimers: Joss Whedon, the root of all evil, owns it all.

Summary: Willow is gay, Tara isn't... so far.

Notes: I don't know if you guys will enjoy this at all. Anyway, I'm taking this as some sort of delurking catharsis. I read this fic DarkWiccan wrote - The Heart Rules the Mind and it stuck with me for a good long while. So, I wrote this thinking I could exonerate my own demons :) DarkWiccan is an amazing writer, I'm not half as good as she is, but this is a story I felt compelled to write.

Thoughts are in italics.

PART 1

She smells of jasmine with a hint of sweetness. Vanilla? Is it? If I could just lean in a little bit closer just to make sure. Willow’s heartbeat was erratic as if she’d just had a mug with 6 shots of espresso. Tara was sitting right next to her in Buffy’s living room floor.

It was movie night and the entire group congregated around the TV. Popcorn was plentiful and, of course, as a necessity for movie night, one was playing right now. Currently, Willow’s brain was only slightly capable of following the plot – what little there was of a romantic comedy. Boy and Girl meet. Girl likes Boy. Boy doesn’t notice Girl ‘in that way’ until almost too late. Girl still loves Boy and viola, happy ending. They were in the Girl likes Boy stage, 30 minutes into the movie, and Willow’s mind was nowhere in sight.

Something in the movie made Tara sigh. It was one of those long, drawn out noises that were ever so rare. Awwwwwwwwwww. That’s such a great sound. Tarasigh. I wonder what other things make her sigh. I’d definitely like to try them out. She let out a nervous giggle, which immediately died when Tara looked her way. She feared the laughter was out of place. Oh God! What if someone just died in the movie? She’ll think I’m a horrible person. Then the blonde smiled and everything was well with the world again. Willow’s inner voice sighed contently. Tarasmile. Just for me. I’m so lucky.

Okay. Yep. So it’s definitely vanilla. Mmmmmmm. Hands! Hands! Stop it. Willow silently commanded her wayward hands to stay still. They had been moving of their own accord to stroke Taraskin and that was definitely not hers to stroke. She had ached for it, dreamt about it, even wished for it for months now. The agony was telling to anyone who looked closely. It looked as if Willow hadn’t slept for at least a few weeks. And she hasn’t… not fitfully and sometimes, not at all.

Willow had long ago told her friends she’s gay. For years she’s been aware of this fact, but it didn’t change her life much until a few months ago. There had been a few crushes here and there, sure, but there had been no real dating, no kissing and no falling in love… until Tara. It seemed the feelings she had been pushing aside for years finally caught up and clubbed her over the head. The blonde had caught her eye the minute they met. They were sitting beside each other at the dentist’s waiting for their turn. Tara had smiled at her and despite the pain from her molars she smiled back. She was glad to find out a week later that Tara was Buffy’s new neighbor. Now, 6 years later, she was once again sitting beside Tara, still gawking at the serene beauty of the blonde and still wearing a smile. The main difference was that all the cells in her body were painfully aware of Tara. They screamed their silent need to touch and be touched. It took all of Willow’s concentration not to grab the woman in this darkness.

“Will, you ok?” Tara’s voice was a whisper. She had felt Willow fidgeting behind her all night. The redhead nodded anxiously. In a natural move to lend her calming aura to the obviously vexed girl, Tara leaned her head on Willow’s shoulder. “It’s just a movie sweetie. I’m here alright.”

Willow’s inner voice was quiet. It was too busy jumping up and down to say anything. And then it wasn’t. Woohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Post subject: Re: First Fic: Beholden (AU)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:31 am 
I love this concept. I cant wait for more! :clap

-----------

JennY

"Alls I know is I'm gettin' straight A's, and that ain't not bad."-- Bart Simpson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:30 am 

"6 years later," .... SIX YEARS ??? That's some time to have a crush on someone :) Hopefully Will hasn't been fretting like this for all those years, would have shortened her life with several years at least :)

Meeting at the dentist, how romantic.... not! :)

Grimmy

"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:39 pm 
I really like it:bounce

It's nice to see a story where it's the other way around.

What would happen with an "out" Willow and a still "not-aware-of-my-feelings" Tara? that's a thing i always wondered and i'm glad you're exploring this way! I was sad too when DarkWiccan had to stop writing her fic, this was a good concept, so hang on i'm sure you'll do great!:clap

The earth is blue like an orange
Paul Eluard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:24 pm 
yay loving it!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:32 pm 
great start!!

I gotta go with Grimmy....SIX years? wow..hehe..

I SOOO hope you intend to finish this!! *grins* I'm loving it already!!

keep up the great work!

~NICK~

Post subject: Re: IT RAWKS!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:58 pm 
"It’s just a movie sweetie. I’m here alright.”

Willow’s inner voice was quiet. It was too busy jumping up and down to say anything. And then it wasn’t. Woohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Alright, I think we can all relate to Willow's inner-happiness. I mean, the first time someone you like puts their arm around your shoulder, etc...Its pretty much like "Omigoddess, omigoddess, omigoddessssss!!!!!!" Well, thats how I was anyway...Thats just me, though...

This rawks!!!!

Post subject: Re: IT RAWKS!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:56 am 
Great start! :clap :clap

Can't wait for more!!!!

Stef :p

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:30 am 
You guys are great! Thanks for all the encouragement :grin

JennY Thanks. I'll be updating in a bit... hope you'll enjoy the next part.

Grimmy Yeah. 6 years. They've known each other that long, but the crush has been bottled up... now it's overflowing like a coke can that's been shaken. Dentist, I know... just wanted to show that the least romantic circumstances still lead :willow and :tara to the forever kinda love. :

Tawilove I've always been a big fan of pining Willow. Hehe. (Oooh, excuse me while I hide that evil streak) Oh and DarkWiccan's fic is amazing! The uber-optimist in me is still hoping that she'll pick it up again one day.

saphire tear Thank you. Thank you.

Nick I'm evil, what can I say. And yup. Yup. I'll try my best to keep at it and finish the whole thing. Don't actually have an outline, so it might get convoluted. Also, it'll get peppered with angst once in a while, just to warn you.

Pipers Chance Hey! I'm enjoying your fic, btw... makes me happy reading it. I get that too... my brain literally shuts down. :blush

Stef More coming right up! Thanks!

Post subject: PART 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:42 am 
Disclaimer and summary in part 1

When things remained still, stagnated for the better part of its shelf life, the only way to note the passage of time is through the movement of shadows. The trees cast their shade southwest, creating a delicate balance in the college quad while Willow and Tara’s relationship sat unmoving… only teeter tottering towards the sunny side of the street once in a while.

“Hey, that girl in psych has been checking you out the last couple of weeks.”

“Someone’s checking me out? You serious?” Willow was too caught up in her disbelief to notice Tara’s faraway look. She would have noted that it crept out of nowhere.

“Yeah. 3rd row from the front, center… brunette with glasses. Guess she fancies cute redheads.” Tara ended with a playful grin.

“Right. Make fun of the tiny redheaded lesbian who’s never been on a date.”

“Will, what’re you talking about? I wasn’t making fun… “

“That girl you’re talking about is the Cordelia Chase of UC Sunnydale. She’s like everybody’s crush… the queen bee of the drones. People are always following her around. To Xander, she could be Helen of Troy whose face launched a thousand ships. So, no way could Ms. Queen Bee Helen of Troy be checking me out unless I’ve sprouted a new head in the last 2 hours. I should look in the mirror, maybe I’d be crushing on myself then.”

“S-so if you had a chance with her, you’d t-totally g-go for it?” Tara’s eyes swiveled from left to right as she said this. It was strange sometimes, the way she felt so possessive of Willow. Best friends were supposed to support each other, but she could never bring herself to help Willow with her romantic endeavors. It just seemed wrong. It was horrible of her, she knew, but something always stopped her. Now here it was, the chance to fix that. She could help Willow with Shelley and… and then what? Then I’d be happy for her if things worked out. I swear I would.

Willow took the question seriously. She studied it from all angles and tackled it like a mathematical problem. Logic oozed from her pores as she analytically decided. On the one hand, this girl was hot… she was a hot mamayama and wouldn’t it be good to have a supermodel girlfriend draped on my arm as I walk the halls of UC Sunnydale? Gone will be the taunts, the jeers and it could prove therapeutic for all the stupid stuff I went through in high school. Yes, that was the selfish pathetic hand. On the other hand, there was Tara. Nothing would ever come of it, but she’s there, a constant in my life. My anchor, my strength, my everything. I can’t give up when I haven’t even started anything.

That would be her lot in life… to always love Tara from where she stood 2 feet away. Never close enough. She read a story somewhere about this guy who fell in love with an opera singer while sitting in the audience. He loved her, but she loved her husband. So it continued for years until the opera singer’s husband died and still she loved him. The guy from the audience continued to love her until the end of his life and still she loved her husband. I will always love her and she’ll always be elusive. I’ll die loving her and no one else. And suddenly, everything was so clear and sadness enveloped her answer. “No.”

That took Tara aback. “Why not?” It was incredulous to think there was a logical reason behind Willow’s dismissal of Shelley. Maybe she’s not really gay. And her heart pounded in her chest as an undercurrent to that thought.

“I’m in love with –“ The muttered words were barely audible.

“Tara! Hey, Tara! Wait up!” And with that, Willow’s almost admission was banished from this plane of existence, buried deep in the grave of silent yearning yet again.

Tara frowned at Willow’s retreat. “Brian. Hi.” Her eyes glanced once at the newcomer before settling back at Willow’s dejected form.

Willow was turning pale standing right there. What the hell was I about to say??? Willow’s brow knitted, frown lines deepened as she chastised herself.

“Hey Tara, there’s a party at our fraternity tonight. Would you like to come? I mean, I’d be there.” All in all, with the winning smile, it was a generous invitation.

Tara’s hand found its way to Willow’s, her fingers intertwining gently. The redhead was about to bolt and this was her subtle way of asking her to stay. “I’m sorry Brian, I’ve got midterms coming. I’ll be studying with Willow.”

“She can come too.” came the generous voice again.

“We really have to study. Thanks though.” Tara sidestepped the large man and brought Willow’s hand along with her. Thankfully, the redhead’s body followed willingly.

“Tara, why do you do that?” Willow’s voice was confused, flimsy in the building rage of the winds around them.

“Do what?” Tara turned wondering where Willow’s inner babble had taken her this time.

“Why do you always turn them down?” Willow was genuinely confused. Brian’s smart, sweet and a million times more pleasing to the eyes than silly ol’ me. I bet he won’t be caught dead in a fuzzy pink sweater, even if he was the fuzzy sweater kinda guy… which he wasn’t. Fuzzy sweaters always remind me of Tara’s velvety hugs… warm and comforting… always making my heart pound faster – uhm, not the sweater.

Once the words in her head quieted down a bit, she realized Tara hadn’t answered the question. “So… why do you always turn them down?” She repeated unwilling to let the subject go.

“Why do you never date?”

The beginnings of a grin lifted the somber features of the hacker. “It’s simple really. I won’t get to spend as much time with my best friend and I’d really miss her.” Her green eyes were twinkling mischievously by the end of it. She’d divulged a lot without revealing too much.

Me too.

Post subject: Re: PART 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:39 am 
Yipee!!!

Finally they are admitting their feelings without saying too much!:bounce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:39 am 
Got a little worried there when it seemed like Cordelia was checking Willow out. But it's clear that these two are totally into one another and it's just so cute how they're saying things without actually saying them. I'm sure we've all been in that position at least once, heh.

The inner monologues are very sweet, retaining a sense of the characters that we know and love. However, have you got a beta reader? That might help with structure and general narrative flow, just to have another eye look over what you've written.

Look forward to more. Thanks for this. :)

She's the cutest of the Kittens with her tits as warm as mittens and her firm yet supple...tight embrace...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:34 pm 

Yay! Great update!

And like Tommo said, they both said something without saying too much-I've been there.

I really like this story, and its realllyy goooddddd.

Im glad your enjoying mine as well!

Piper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:47 am 
Stef :grin not quite admitting the totality, but yup, it's progress...

Ruth Wow! I got a reply from one of my fic idols. Wheeee! Go me! Currently don't have a beta... will look for one... or two :D Thanks again for gracing this thread with your presence oh goddess of :willow and :tara fics.

Piper me too...been there. done that. bought the t-shirt. auctioned the merchandize. oh yeah. it's a scary phase, yet oh so good. heh.

Post subject: Part 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:16 am 
disclaimers in part 1 above.

feedback is greatly welcomed... pretty please?

this part onwards will be a bit angsty... don't worry, these girls belong together and won't remain apart for long :)

The heat reared towards the unknowing citizens of Sunnydale, encircling them until sweat poured forth from every pore of their bodies. The day sizzled. Smoke began to rise from the pavement snaking through the city. Throngs of people moved about emanating body heat fuelling the grueling heat of the day.

The day was god’s gift to one Willow Rosenberg. She was sure of it as she sat across Tara in the student center. Her eyes were currently trained on the sweat bead caressing Tara’s achingly smooth neck. It slipped onto a collarbone, finally disappearing in the valley between her breasts. She felt her attention pulled to those perfect globes and her fingers started to itch. She wanted to trace the path with her fingers, wanted to reach over and feel the weight of that bountiful flesh against her palm. Tara’s shirt was plastered against her sweaty body. Every movement pulled the material taut against her form and Willow’s sanity was stretched to its limit. Any second now, she would jump her. Any second now.

Tara watched the frown lines on Willow’s forehead deepen. She wasn’t sure what Willow was staring at, but felt herself flush nonetheless. Is she looking at my… at me? She heaved a sigh which only made Willow’s eyes bug out even more. Oh god. Oh god. I think she’s really looking at my breasts… but she’s just looking so it’s okay right? This is Willow. It’s Willow. She’s never gonna do anything to ruin your friendship. You’ve known her for 6 years and she hasn’t thrown you one glance at all. Nothing. She hasn’t even tried anything when she should have… I mean, could have. What the hell is wrong with me? What am I thinking?

“Uhm, Will… Will?”

Willow was vaguely aware of Tara’s voice. I wish I were Tara’s shirt. Oh god. I wish I could feel…

“Will??” Tara was getting more flustered by the minute. This was ridiculous. Even boys didn’t ogle her like this.

Willow was broken out of her Tara-centric thoughts by the blonde’s tone. Did she notice me looking? I’m in so much trouble. Oh please tell me she didn’t notice. Please? Nonononoono. This is so embarrassing.

“Uh – uh—yeah? Sorry. I spaced out a little. It’s the heat.” Her mouth chugged out her thoughts in slow motion.

“Yeah. It’s the heat alright. Will, what the hell were you doing?” Tara was slightly agitated. Something about this was really upsetting her. She wanted to wail and kick someone at the same time. She didn’t know where these emotions came from.

“Oh god, Tara. I’m so sorry. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. It’s just… It’s just… I wanted… “ Willow blushed from head to toe, if that was possible. She was turning beet red and her breathing had turned erratic. Fuck. I’m totally fucked. Geez. Great going Rosenberg. What the hell where you thinking anyway. There wasn’t much thinking involved, if I recall. Great. Oh just great. She couldn’t take Tara’s eyes on her. She felt exposed, vulnerable. She was suddenly very scared that her momentary weakness would affect their friendship. Why the hell did I have to develop this crush anyway!?? Years of knowing her and one day I wake up and I can’t stop thinking about her. All these latent emotions burning to the surface. Ugh. Why? Why? Why couldn’t it just be any random girl in school? Anywhere? She’s looking at me with disgust. I can’t take this. I just can’t. It’s all my fault.

“It’s all my fault. I’m sorry.” Willow hastily stood and was about to take off when a hand on her arm stopped her.

“Don’t go, Will. It’s ok. I m-mean it’s n-not, b-but you know… I u-u-understand…. s-sort of.” No, I don’t. I don’t understand it at all, but I can’t let her go. I know how she can destroy herself like this. “Please?” She said the word without knowing what she was pleading for. Willow’s company. Willow to be alright… just to be good ol’ Will again.. my best friend. Please be normal. That’s what she needed right now.

“I don’t know what came over me, Tara.” I do. You’re just so sexy and beautiful and I’m crazy about you… not bad psycho crazy… or maybe I am. I just stared at your breasts for god knows how long. I could stare at it longer. That’s it Rosenberg. Stop that kind of thinking. You’re lucky she still wants to be your friend.

“Will it’s ok. I mean, I don’t know what would possess you to look, but just try not to do it again. I just feel… awkward. Will?”

“I’m really sorry Tara. It won’t happen again.” I just can’t be around you anymore so it won’t happen again.

“Listen, why don’t we go get some ice cream, ok?” Tara hoped it would lighten the mood and she was rewarded with a large Willow grin.”

“Sounds great.” Inwardly, Willow cringed. I almost blew it. I have got to get rid of these feelings.

They walked silently and to their surprise, found their hands linked. Tara fought the urge to disentangle herself. Her inner battle was silenced with a warm albeit slightly forced smile from Willow. Friends do this, Tara reminded herself.

I can’t be around her until I’m over what I feel… or at least have my emotions under control. Oh god, I won’t be able to see her again. Willow’s heart fell. She glanced at Tara, desperate to memorize every expression flitting on that beautiful face. Frantically, she kept her tears at bay, but her breathing hitched at the thought of never being able to look into Tara’s sapphire eyes again.

Post subject: Re: Part 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:33 pm 
Awwwwwww poor Willow, she must hate herself now

And Tara must be soooo confused

I really hope it leads to something good though....cos it's hard to stay friends when something like this happens. It will change the friendship forever

------------------

'I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad..it's depressing' - Tara

www.amberbenson-online.cjb.net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:45 pm 

Just found this little gem, I love it.

Jill

~~~~~~~~

Willow - Say, you all didn't happen to do a bunch of drugs did ya?

Willow - I'm a blood sucking fiend, look at my outfit . . . .

Post subject: Re: Great fic!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:17 pm 

Boy, inner turmoil is always fun, and most of the time I can relate. Well, in this case anyway... Off that topic.

Your story rawks!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like it, so excellent job.

Keep up the good work!

Piper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:52 pm 
Hey cinderlust that was awsome:clap

I really felt for Willow, cause i've been there once and this is Hell, well i didn't mean cough the breast cough oogling part cough anyway cough:blush :lol , but the falling for your best friend part. I just hope it'll end up better than for me: , heck i know it will :heart so keep on cause now i need more, so much more :pray :pray :pray

You rock

The earth is blue like an orange
Paul Eluard

Edited by: Tawilove  at: 1/24/03 3:19:48 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:10 pm 
OHMYGOD!!

I SO loved these last two updates!! *sighs*

oh man... *cringes* poor willow...my chest got all tight when I read that! you took my breath away.. poor girl!!

I SOO hope you update again soon!!

Keep up the AMAZING work!

~NICK~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:26 pm 
Poor Willow, I just hope she doesn't do anything stupid, like stop seeing Tara. I love hearing their internal monologues, it really gives you a feel for the characters.

Great story, I'm so glad I found it.

RalSt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:19 pm 
Hey there. Another W/T AU. I love them and this one is very good. There seems to be a lot of passion already. Obviously Willow is obsessed with Tara and Tara is confused by her feeilngs in return. The end of the last part was disturbing with Willow deciding that she can't be around Tara any more but I'm sure you will make it better. Good job. Debra

---

"War may be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary it is always evil." - President Jimmy Carter after receiving the Nobel Peace Prize

"Use your imagination not to scare yourself to death but to inspire yourself to life." - Adele Brookman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:15 pm 
Just chiming in to say that I too am really enjoying this fic!

Keep up the good work, and thanks for writing!

-annie :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:24 pm 
I'm hooked. Completely. Need an update!!

~ Jen

I'd like to take a moment to talk about something that's happened lately. I'm also in love. It's a very special thing and I'm really rather proud of it. Yes, I'm in love with my own breasts. I feel no personal shame about this; in fact, I think this is the one. It's going to last. ~ Ruth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:27 am 
This fic has me totally hooked. Great job! Poor Will... Tara better wake up soon, and pounce on her. I know I sure would. ;)

-----------

JennY

"Alls I know is I'm gettin' straight A's, and that ain't not bad."-- Bart Simpson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:46 am 
Poor Willow!

I know how she feels hhaving a crush on her best friend. But at least here they are going to make it while my best friend screwed our friendship......:cry

Edited by: BytrSuite at: 1/24/03 11:47:53 pm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:03 am 
Oh I think we've all been in Willow's position at least once in our lifetime. It's achingly bad and I love how you're seeing it from her perspective this way. She's so forlorn in her need for Tara, it really tugs at the heartstrings. I only hope to God that you're going to make it right with them. :)

Incidentally, this read a lot more fluently than the other chapters. Impressive. :)

She's the cutest of the Kittens with her tits as warm as mittens and her firm yet supple...tight embrace...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:24 pm 
Wow! Thanks for all the feedback! I feel loved. :grin

Little M Yeah. Poor Will indeed. And Tara's really confused... but hang in there... some developments will happen soon.

Jill Thank you. Thank you.

Piper hell yeah. inner turmoil. ooooh. the pain, the pain! and dude, definitely not off topic. thanks again for the comments.

Tawilove yeah. had a major thing for my best friend a while back... traumatizing would be the word i'll use. : yup. update goodness soon, don't worry.

Nick hey you. thanks! I know. It pains me too watching poor Willow.

Ralst31 I'm so glad you like it. Thanks for the feedback!

Debra Hi there. I'm a big fan of AU as well... especially since I'm in total denial of what actually happened on the show. oiks. BTW, love WT Y'all. Thanks for that. Lots and lots of W/T goodness :)

Annie Thanks for the comments. Hope you keep on reading even though it gets a bit more angsty...

Jen Update coming right up after these replies! Thanks for dropping a line... really appreciate it!

JennY Hi there again. Thought I'd lost you after posting part 2... glad to know you're enjoying it. And Tara pouncing on Will... that's a good idea :hmm hehe. soon.

Steph yeah. mine screwed me up royally too. tsk. tsk. don't cry...hope this story's ending will cheer you up.

Ruth wow. coming from you that's a great compliment. a million thank yous!

Edited by: cinderlust at: 1/25/03 7:27:44 pm

Post subject: Part 4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:38 pm 
Summary and disclaimers in part one.

I'm addicted to feedback... you guys wouldn't deny me my fix, right? ;)

hmmmmm... 'kay. This part's still angsty, but I promise the girls will end up together forever... err... like the rick astley song. :grin

this one's kinda short... thoughts in italics.

Leaves fell and kissed the blades of grass at her feet; a piece of paper cartwheeled about, brushing the pavement as it went on its merry way. Pairs walked about, fingers shyly intertwining. It was as if everything in the world was asking one thing conspiratorially. Do you miss me? The leaves asked the grass. Do you miss me? The paper asked the pavement. Do you miss me? The fingers asked each other. Do you miss me? Tara asked silently.

5 days. It’s been five days since she saw Willow and it’s been hell. She had called several times, but she never managed to get through. It was always the machine. She tried to look for her around the college campus to no avail. Her neck was getting sore from the turning and twisting she’d been doing. Soon, she found herself writing little notes to the redhead every time she was alone. As such, she had an assortment of paper napkins from the Espresso Pump, the cafeteria and even the Bronze in addition to notebook pages and little post-its with notes for Willow. She’s been carrying them around waiting to dump them on her friend’s lap when she saw her… if she ever saw her again. She was angry at Willow’s withdrawal as if it were a solution to whatever was plaguing her. It was crazy. Nothing seemed real unless she told Willow about it, hence the notes. She needed her Willow. And yes, hers. She was her best friend after all. She was silently ruminating when she saw a familiar face a few feet away.

“Buffy! Buffy!”

Buffy waved back. “Hey, what’s up? You seem upset.”

“Have you seen Willow lately?”

“Uh, yeah. What’s wrong?” Just had mochas with her at the Espresso Pump.” Ooops. Buffy’s nervous energy made her shift her weight from left to right and back again.

So it’s definitely just me then. Aloud, Tara muttered, “W-W-Where is she s-s-staying? I’ve looked everywhere… “ She swallowed the rest of the words back, unwilling to impart the degree of worry. Wearily, her shoulders slumped. It was like the air of confidence and whatever was fuelling her vigilance in the past five days just went whoosh. Reflexively, she ducked her head and the curtain of blond locks obscured her pain.

Buffy was astonished to see the changes in Tara within that split-second. These were movements she hasn’t seen in the last 4 years. Oh no! I’ve destroyed her. Willow’s gonna kill me. Tentatively, she took a step closer to the other blonde, afraid that any sudden movement would cause more harm.

Without looking up, Tara cleared her throat to stop Buffy’s approach. She didn’t need to be comforted…not by Buffy. It would be futile if it was anyone but Willow. “Would you give these to her…w-w- when you see her again.” She grabbed the notes from her bag and dumped them on Buffy’s hands. “Thanks Buff.” Without waiting for an answer, she hastily left; unable to maintain what little was left of her composure.

“Sure thing.” Buffy punctuated that with her resolve face.

Post subject: Re: Part 4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:03 pm 
UGH!!!

*pouts pathetically*

I need more.. *sighs* this is just....*sniffle*

loving it though... *grins*

keep up the great work!

~NICK~

"All fear is the fear of loss. And only through that fear, can we truly love."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next