The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 565 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: FIC: Eyes Of The Soul
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 1:05 am 
Eyes Of The Soul Part 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Eyes Of The Soul

Author: Jennifer Johnson

Copyright © 2002 by Jennifer Johnson

Please, give me feedback. Good or bad. Feel free to tell me what you think.

Disclaimers: All characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. This is solely for my entertainment. Please do not copyright this story.

Pairings: W/T (eventually, of course) , X/A

Spoilers: Season 6. This is set after Seeing Red, but Tara never dies at the hands of Warren. The rest is just my own creativity. Oh, and Giles never left.

Summary: Tara is missing, or so the Scoobies think. What will happen when they find her?

Rating: PG 12?

Author's Note: This is my first attempt at writing Buffy fan fiction, so please tell me what you think. I usually write fan fiction for ER. I apologize for the heavy subject of W/T angst in this story, especially after what has happened to Tara. These thoughts have been floating around in my brain lately and I just wanted to see if I could turn them into a story. Willow and Tara WILL have a happy ending, if that helps. Let’s just hope we get that on the show. Some of the inspiration for this came from “Unexpected Consequences.” Lisa’s a genius. Thanks for your story Lisa.

Eyes Of The Soul: Chapter 1/?

By: Jennifer

“Buffy!”

The Slayer turned around at Willow’s voice, just in time to duck as a vampire threw a right hook towards her face. “That was so not okay.” Buffy morphed her body into a lightening fast roundhouse kick and sent the vamp flying across the graveyard.

Willow stumbled to her feet just in time to see Buffy stake the unruly vamp.

Buffy rushed over to her friend, who was currently nursing her right arm. “You okay, Will?”

“Oh… fine. Never been better.” She said sarcastically. “How bout you? You okay?” Willow pointed towards the cut above Buffy’s right eyebrow.

“I’ll be fine. We should get you to the ER to have that checked.” She frowned as she remembered watching a vampire try to break Willow’s arm.

Willow stretched the arm in question across the front of her body with her other hand. “It’ll be fine.” She said with a slight wince. “You grabbed him before he did any real damage.”

“You sure?”

Willow’s brow crinkled slightly and her lips formed a straight line as she looked at Buffy and pointed towards her lips. “See my resolve face?”

Buffy just gave her an understanding smile and threw her arm over Willow’s uninjured shoulder. “Alright… let’s get outta here.”

They walked in silence for a short period of time as they made their way back to the house. Buffy was satisfied. She and Willow had dusted 6 vamps. Tonight had been a pretty heavy night. At best they usually only faced 2 or 3 vamps, if that.

“This is pretty cool. Us hanging out like this. I just hate to see you get hurt.” She squeezed the redhead’s shoulder.

Willow turned her head to look at her friend. “I just can’t sit at home. I keep thinking… ‘Well… what if I see her tonight? What if she’s just walking down the street and we see each other?’ and then I’ll know she’s okay.” A sad sigh escaped Willow’s lips.

“I know, Will. I miss her too. I just wish we knew where she was or what happened to her.”

The redhead gave Buffy a petrified look.

“Not that anything happened to her. It’s just… Why would she just disappear?”

It took all of Willow’s will power to hold back the tears that were bursting to flood over at any moment. “I don’t know. Things were going so good. I just wish I knew where she was. I miss her, Buffy.”

Buffy gave Willow a strong squeeze as they walked up her driveway. “We’ll find her. You’ll get her back.”

They failed to notice the pair of large blue eyes following their every move as they went inside. The eyes glowed from the light of the porch light, from their position in the bushes. With a mournful whimper the figure disappeared, swiftly running down the street and away from the Summers residence, as if it were being summoned somewhere.

In the house, Xander was arguing with Dawn about what movie to watch.

“I don’t want to watch “The Mummy Returns,” we’ve watched that 3 times already this week.” Xander said, exasperatedly.

Dawn snatched the movie out of Xander’s hand. “It’s my movie and I want to watch it.”

“Dawn… you can watch that movie anytime you want. Let Xander pick a movie.”

“But…” she started to argue, but Buffy cut her off.

“Why don’t you go watch it in your room?” She raised an eyebrow at her sister.

“Fine!” Dawn quickly took to the stairs and slammed her door, once she was in her bedroom.

“Hey Buff. Thanks for saving me there.”

Buffy smiled at Xander as she plopped down on the couch. “No prob.”

“Wills, why the gloomy face?”

Willow sat down next to Buffy on the couch and leaned her head back on the blonde’s shoulder.

“She’s missing Tara.” Buffy answered for the redhead, as she put her arm around Willow’s shoulder.

“We all miss her Will. It’s just so confusing. You two just got back together, why would she take off?” Xander saw tears come to Willow’s eyes and he regretted his words. He scooted over closer to her. “I’m sure she’ll come back. In the meantime you’ve got us Scoobies… and researchy Giles.” He said, trying to lighten the mood.

This made Willow look up. She smiled at Xander and leaned over and gave him a hug. “Thanks Xander. I know… I’ll find her. I’ll always find her. It’s just… where is she?”

“If you keep looking at me like that, you’re not going to get any food.” A voice warned.

The only answer the voice received was a deep growl.

“Now… you might as well get used to that cage cause you’re gonna be here for awhile. I see you’ve learned to listen to me now. You came back in time tonight. Don’t like going without eating, do you? Or better yet… you don’t like being shocked with magic bolts, do you? It’s so simple. I control you. Without me… you would die. Let’s just see that you keep behaving and I might consider letting you go soon.”

The two large blue eyes that had watched Willow and Buffy return home from patrol had grown hopeful at those words.

“Hmmm… but maybe not. I like having you around, as leverage.”

The captor received another deep growl in protest.

“Here.” The voice threw two raw steaks in the cage. The steaks were gone in a matter of minutes.

“You just go to sleep now. I’ll be back tomorrow.” The captor said and headed for the stairs. It flipped off the basement light at the top step and then was gone.

The figure in the cage whimpered again, as it lied down for the night on the blanket in the far right corner and eventually fell asleep.

Xander had left for the evening. He decided he should give Willow and Buffy some time alone.

Willow really was in bad shape. Just two weeks ago, her and Tara had gotten back together. They were going to start rebuilding on what they had again. Tara was willing to start trusting Willow again. She had been confident that Willow was doing better with her dark magick addiction and she longed for a future with the woman she loved and would always love.

All of this changed when Tara disappeared. It had been a week now since Willow had last seen her beloved. She didn’t understand. ‘Did I do something wrong? Does she still not trust me?’ These are the questions that keep rolling around in Willow’s mind. Every night for the past week, these were the questions that Willow fell asleep to.

Tonight was the same. The redhead was exhausting herself and her brain never let her rest. Thoughts of every kind kept torturing her. She would wake up in tears most nights, fearing the worst.

“You’re gonna wear yourself out, Will.” Buffy whispered to the sleeping redhead. She had fallen asleep shortly after Xander had left. She was lying on the couch on her back, with her head in Buffy’s lap. The blonde was watching her sleep, thinking. “We WILL find her. I won’t stop searching till we do.”

Just then, Willow gasped and sat up with a start, “Tara…” She started to sob uncontrollably. “No!” she cried.

“Shhh… Will, it’s okay.” Buffy pulled Willow to her and the redhead wrapped her arms around the slayer and cried into her shoulder. “Easy…I’ve got ya. We’ll get you through this. We’ll find her. I promise.” A tear slithered down Buffy’s cheek as she held Willow, trying to comfort her.

Tara and Buffy had grown closer over the last few months. After all, Tara had been the first person to find out about Spike and Buffy sleeping together. From that moment, their friendship had started to blossom. Tara’s disappearance was tearing the slayer up more than she could ever admit.

Buffy had also liked the blonde Wiccan, ever since she first met her. When Willow had told her that she and Tara were together, she briefly wigged, but she was happy for her best friend. However, there was something that had been nagging at Buffy for a while now. Something she couldn’t put her finger on, or was it something she DIDN’T want to accept. When Willow and Tara had worked out their problems and gotten back together, Buffy was ecstatic. She couldn’t let her feelings be known. It would only make things more difficult. That was something she didn’t want to live with.

Buffy was pulled from her thoughts as Willow pulled away from her shoulder. The redhead wiped her tears away and sniffled. “Your shoulders all wet.”

Buffy looked at her shirt, but brought her eyes back to her best friend. “Willow tears.” She smiled. “It’s okay. I’m here for you.” She squeezed the redhead’s hand, than let it go.

“Thanks Buffy.” Willow gave her friend one last hug, then stood to her feet. “I’m gonna go to bed. I’ll see you in the morning?”

“Bright and early.” The slayer said, with far more enthusiasm than she believed in.

Willow gave her a half smile. “Night Buff.” She turned for the stairs.

“Night Will.” Buffy watched as Willow climbed the stairs. When she heard her bedroom door close, she sighed. “This is so not happening. It can’t. Nuh uh. Not gonna happen.” The slayer quickly scrambled to her feet, turned off the lights and went to her room. She grabbed her nightshirt and a clean pair of underwear and then headed for the bathroom. ‘A cold shower will help, right? You can’t think these things Buffy. You can’t.’ Her thoughts continued to toy with her.

In the other room, Willow was peering out her bedroom window. ‘Where are you baby? Please come home.' She sent through her mind. ‘I need you Tara. I love you.’ A tear ran down Willow’s cheek. She turned from the window and collapsed onto her bed. “Goodnight baby. Where ever you are.”

Across town, two large blue eyes slowly fluttered open.

‘Where are you baby? Please come home.’ The figure heard the words in its mind. ‘I need you Tara. I love you.’ The figured blinked its eyes and walked to the front of the metal cage, peering out into the darkness. The room was empty, the only sound being a humming from the small metal freezer across the room. Inside the cage was a large metal bowl with water to the far left corner. Confused, the figure walked back over to the blanket and lied down.

‘Willow.’ Tara sent out telepathically. ‘Please find me.’ With another whimper, she curled up to try and sleep. ‘I’m waiting for you baby.’ She sent out, before drifting into slumber.

Once the voice hit Willow’s ears, she sat up abruptly from the bed and turned toward the door. “Tara?” Confusion hit her features when she saw that no one was there. “Tara?” Willow got up from the bed and went into the hallway. A frantic look on her face, but still she found no one.

“Will… what’s up?” Buffy opened the bathroom door upon hearing her best friend’s voice. Thankfully she hadn’t undressed yet.

“Uh… I don’t know. I heard Tara.” She took to the stairs two at a time. “Baby?” Buffy was right behind her. After searching the living room and kitchen, she was utterly confused. “Okay… what’s going on? I heard her.” Willow looked at Buffy as if she could give her an explanation. “Buffy… where’s Tara?” She said as she started to sob.

The slayer went to her best friend and hugged her close. “I don’t know where she is, Will. Are you sure you heard her?”

“Yes… I heard… her…” She said between sobs.

“Well… maybe she did some kind of witchy telepathic thing?” Buffy said curiously.

“Maybe.”

“That means she’s alive. She’s still alive, Will.” The blonde pulled back to look at the redhead.

Her tears still stung her cheeks, but a smile now predominated her features. “Tara’s alive.” She said relieved.

“Yes she is… and we’ll find her. I’m here for you and I love you.” Buffy gave her a smile.

“I love you, too. And I’ll find Tara. We’ll always find each other.” She said and pulled Buffy into one more embrace.

“I’ll look some more on patrol tomorrow night. You have your meeting, right?”

“The AA for witches… yeah.” She said proudly.

“I’m so proud of you, Will. You’re doing really good with the recovery thing.”

“I have to… for Tara AND for me. I can’t fall into it again. And I won’t.”

“YAY for that.” Buffy grinned.

“I guess I’m going to try and go back to sleep. I feel better knowing she’s okay. I just wish she was here.”

“I know… me too. She’ll be here soon. She will.” Buffy tugged Willow towards the stairs and they went back upstairs.

Willow could sleep knowing that Tara was still alive. The thing she neglected to notice is that Tara had telepathically linked with her, after Willow had called out to her. She could easily try to find her, if she just called out to her. All of this slipped her mind as she clung to Tara’s pillow, pulling it against her chest and hugging it. “Goodnight, my Tara.”

TBC?

OKAY... This is all I have written of this so far. Please let me know what you think. Should I continue this? If so... It might be awhile before I get to it. I'm trying to work on more now. I have alot of ideas for this. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for reading,

Jen

-----------------------------------

"It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured before passing out. -from "Answering Darkness" by Sassette

Tara: Can you just be kissing me now?

Edited by: Jennpurr at: 10/12/02 11:59:24 am

Post subject: Re: FIC: Eyes Of The Soul
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:36 pm 
Its a very good start. I cant wait to see where it goes:D

*****Faye*****See ya later Squidinater

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:23 pm 
Interesting ... I'd like to read more, figure out where it's heading.

JD

"I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly!" (SpongeBob Squarepants)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 5:33 pm 
Hey Jen,

You put this up already. I sent you an e-mail so check your inbox. I think it's a great start and definitely worth continuing. The whole issue of where Tara is and what she now is makes me very curious. Love to see more.

Sam :D

"She should have died hereafter: There would have been a time for such a word ...

...it is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Shakespeare/Macbeth

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 10:12 pm 
**fairydust: Thank you. I'm glad you liked the start. ;)

**jdcioffi: I'm glad you want to read more. I'm trying to work on it now. Might be a short wait, but hopefully I'll have more soon.

**Blue77: Hey Sam. Thanks for the comments and for the e-mail. Sorry I posted early. I hope you will still like this when the mystery is revealed. ;) Hey... would you like to be my beta? Let me know.

Thanks again everyone, for responding. :)

Jen

"It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured before passing out. -from "Answering Darkness" by Sassette

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 6:48 am 
Yeah, I'll be your beta. E-mail me when you're ready.

Sam :D

"She should have died hereafter: There would have been a time for such a word ...

Shakespeare/Macbeth

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 8:25 am 
Awesome... thank you Sam. ;) I appreciate it. :D

Jen

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 3:39 pm 
i really like this! i need all the happy Willow and Tara i can get at the moment! Write some more soon please!!

love

~jade~

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 3:55 pm 
heya,

great start, pls carry on with it!! im worried about were tara is and willow all teary and stuff!!

love ellie x x x x

*thats me as a vampire im so evil and skanky and i think im kinda gay*

*no candles? well i brought one its extra flamey!*

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 8:21 am 
I will wait patiently for an update

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 8:56 am 
Oh...wow. This is written so well (espcially for your first W/T fic). Too bad I can't write as good :( But thank you for giving us some happy moments. And I want to know what's up with Buffy, as if I don't already know..." I appreciate it. And I can't wait to find out wha is gonna happen next!

Love,

B.G.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xander: It's-
Giles: The end of the world.
All: AGAIN?!
Giles: The earthquake, this symbol-

Buffy (to Giles): I told you! Giles, I said 'end of the world', and you were all 'Poo poo, Southern Califonia, poo poo!'
Giles: I'm so very sorry. My contrition completely dwarfs the impending apocalypse.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 12:47 pm 
Absolutely loved it, Jen. A quick question - where can I find your ER fic? I'm a MAJOR Kerry fan, though I prefer Sandy to Kim (sorry, going off topic here!) Anyways, please post more to Eyes Of The Soul!

Gem

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 2:19 am 
Hmm, interesting start you've made here. You have me all intrigued now!

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 2:12 pm 
**breaking - Thank you. Glad you like it so far. Yes... I too need my happy W/T stories. :love And if fan fic is the only way, then so be it. I'm working on more now. Almost ready, but it'll be a little while longer.

**witchbitchwillow - Thank you. ;) I know... Willow and Tara are in angst right now... but soon. I promise. ;)

**The Next Tara Maclay - Thank you. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. ;)

**BloodysGirl - Awww... thank you so much for that compliment. I really appreciate it. :) Hey... anyone has the talent to write, if you set your mind to it. And once you start, you can't stop. ;) You should give it a try.

Buffy, huh? Well... stay tuned. ;) Hee...Thanks for reading.

**Miss1234Kitty - Gem, thank you. I appreciate it.

Um... well, I don't have my ER fic up on a website. Tell you what, if you want to send me an e-mail, I can send them to you. How's that? My e-mails are: jennpurr@yahoo.com or truthotheart@aol.com Are you a member of Whatever Weaver Wants? And Kim AND Sandy... they both float my boat. What can I say. :grin

I'll have more of this up soon. Thanks for reading and for the interest in my other stuff.

**mollyig - Glad you think so. Hee hee... I like it when others are intrigued. Thank you. ;) Look for more soon.

You guys are AWESOME!

Thank you so much for all the wonderful feedback. You guys rock! ;)

More soon, I promise.

Jen

Edited by: Jennpurr at: 5/13/02 1:16:24 pm

Post subject: Hey guys
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:33 pm 
I have part 2 ready. I'm not going to be able to post it tonight though. I just need to make some revisions. Hopefully I can get it posted by tomorrow... so hang tight. Thanks for reading. ;)

Thanks Sam. ;)

Jen

Post subject: Re: Hey guys
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:02 pm 
Okay, I'm dying for an update and I've already read it and it's really good!!! :D

Blue ;)

Shakespeare/Macbeth

Post subject: Re: Hey guys
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:38 pm 
(pout) Aw, c'mon Jenpurr. Please? Please, please, PLEASE????? Sorry, Dawn has been turned into an alien and taken over my body (um, just watched Gillian Anderson's interview with Graham Norton. Ignore me)

But please????? Okay, will shut up now.

Gem

Post subject: Update: Chapter 2
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 10:44 pm 
Okay.. here's part 2. I hope you like it. I have ideas for chapter 3 and hopefully I can start on it this weekend. ;)

Sam, you rock. Thanks so much for beta'ing and the suggestions. They worked. :bounce I'm happy. Looking forward to your update Sat. as well. :grin YAY!!!! ;) OH... I hope the part I added with Anya worked. Let me know. And you are going to give me a swelled head, if you keep up with those comments. :p You're a sweetie. I really appreciate it. Thanks Sam. ;)

Title: Eyes Of The Soul

Author: Jennifer

Copyright © 2002 by Jennifer Johnson

Please, give me feedback. Good or bad. Feel free to tell me what you think.

Disclaimers: All characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. This is solely for my entertainment. Please do not copyright this story.

Pairings: W/T (eventually, of course) , X/A

Spoilers: Season 6. This is set after Seeing Red, but Tara never dies at the hands of Warren. The rest is just my own creativity. Oh, and Giles never left.

Summary: Tara is missing, or so the Scoobies think. What will happen when they find her?

Rating: PG 12?

Author's Note: This is my first attempt at writing Buffy fan fiction, so please tell me what you think. I usually write fan fiction for ER. I apologize for the heavy subject of W/T angst in this story, especially after what has happened to Tara. These thoughts have been floating around in my brain lately and I just wanted to see if I could turn them into a story. Willow and Tara WILL have a happy ending, if that helps. Let’s just hope we get that on the show. Some of the inspiration for this came from “Unexpected Consequences.” Lisa’s a genius. Thanks for your story Lisa.

Eyes Of The Soul: Chapter 2/?

By: Jennifer

The morning sun poured in through the window illuminating the far left side of the cemented floor in the cage. A big black tail was slowly sweeping back and forth across the blanket it lay upon. The sun highlighted the bottom portion of the tail, making the hair shine richly as it twitched. Suddenly it flopped up and then lightly smacked the floor before sweeping from back to front again.

A great, powerful paw pushed down beside the tail and was now bathing in the light of the sun. The leg momentarily stretched out as far as it could reach, followed by another back leg, making the huge black claws they were armed with, extend and contract in time as a throaty purr broke the silence in the stainless steel cage.

The feline’s ribcage rose and calmly fell with each breath, content in its slumber. The morning sun warmed the cat from head to toe, as the heat traveled the whole length of its feline form. The thick black coat of fur was like a heat magnet, very easily activated. The large cat’s right ear twitched several times as if the hairs were being tickled. Its massive head was resting comfortably on its front paws that were stretched out, with the front half of the cat’s body lying upright.

With another stretch of all its limbs and a healthy yawn, which bared all it’s large, sharp white teeth, the feline’s eyes fluttered open and blinked several times. The cat slowly rose to its feet and stretched its front legs out in front of its body, its chest almost touching the floor. A contented growl escaped the feline’s jaws as the lower half of its body rose up in the air; tail tucking between the back legs. Once it was standing again, the cat stretched its back legs, one at a time. The stretches lasted for several seconds each. This was followed by another yawn, revealing again its large fangs.

Turning around, it paced over to the water dish in the far left corner and lapped its tongue at the cool refreshing liquid, some of the water splashing up onto its whiskers as it drank contentedly.

Mid lap, its ears perked up and it froze. A brief growl escaped its lungs. Lifting its head, a drop of water trickled down its jaw.

The door to the basement creaked shut as someone began to walk down the stairs.

The feline backed away from the water bowl and stood territorial. Its ears flattened back and the cat’s stance was a little lower to the ground, eyeing the intruder wearily.

“I see you’re awake.”

Tara followed Amy’s every movement with her eyes, as her pupils began to enlarge.

“What… you’re not going to say good morning? Oh… that’s right. You can’t.” She laughed menacingly. “Jaguars can’t talk.” She took a tentative step towards the cage then crouched down in front of the bars. “And since I changed you, you can’t perform magic on me.”

The Jaguar growled its disapproval and took a step back.

“Well now… you’re not acting very nice to me, this morning. Are you asking to be punished?” A loud hiss was her only answer. Amy held her hand out in front of the cage and with a few words in Latin, a lightening bolt shot through the cage.

Tara ducked to the ground in time before it could hit her.

Standing to her feet, “Smartening up, I see.”

Tara charged the front of the cage, but stopped when she got to the bars. A growl penetrated the room. Her ears lay flat against her head with her tail hanging low between her back legs. A ridge of hair laid visibly standing on her back, tail somewhat ruffled. Tara’s stance was in fighting position; pupils enlarged and her large white fangs bared, the feral form taking over her nature.

“Now, now… be nice or I won’t miss this time. I think just for that little nasty behavior, I might not let you out tonight.”

The cat’s large blue eyes hardened, as she looked the blonde witch up and down. ‘Just wait till I get out of here, Amy. Maybe I’ll lock you in here for a few days.’ She threatened in her thoughts.

Amy turned toward the stairs and started to walk back up them. “Don’t have too much fun now.” She laughed wickedly as she reached the top step and opened the door. “See ya, Tara.” The door shut firmly behind her.

The Jaguars features softened and it turned and looked up at the window, where it could see the outside. ‘Willow… I need to get out of here.’ Realizing the only thing she could do was stay cooped up in the cage till Amy came back, Tara walked back over to the soft blanket and lied down. A whimper escaped her throat. The only thought on her mind was Willow.

*****                                                                               

“You could help me Buffy.” Willow said excitedly. “Yeah… you could do the spell with me.”

“I don’t know, Will.”

“Come on. It’s not dark magick and I’ve done this a couple of times… a-and it won’t be like I’m breaking any promises, since I won’t be using dark magick. Then I could tell Tara that we found her together… and she won’t be mad at me…”

Buffy smiled at her best friend’s babbling. “Alright. I’ll help you. Tell me what I have to do.”

Willow grinned from ear to ear and ran over to Buffy and hugged her close. She rocked her from side to side before stepping back. “Thank you so much.” She hugged the slayer again.

“Will… feeling the need to breathe, here.”

The redhead pulled away. “Oops… sorry Buff.” She looked at her apologetically.

“It’s okay. So, how does that tinker bell thing work? And are you sure you should be doing this?”

Willow sat down on the floor in front of Buffy, beside her and Tara’s bed. “Do you think it would be okay? I mean… I don’t want to upset her or break any promises or anything. It’s just… this is going to help. This will find her. Wouldn’t she be happy that we found her?”

Buffy squeezed the redhead’s knee. “Hey, calm down. I think it’ll be fine. You’re doing so well with the magic thing and Tara knows that.”

“I know. I just don’t want to upset her by doing this.”

Cocking her head to the side, “We’ve gotta do something. And this might be our only way, right?”

Willow suddenly found the floor very interesting. She knew Buffy was right. This might be the only way to find Tara. ‘I don’t know why I didn’t do this before. Big dummy. I should have thought about it earlier. She could be home by now, but no… I had to be stupid and not think about it. And now Tara could be mad at me for doing this spell…and I just…’

“Will?” Buffy waved her hand in front of Willow’s face.

“What?” She finally looked up. “Oh… sorry Buffy. What did you say?”

The slayer just laughed, “I said, do you want to do this?”

“Uh…” Willow contemplated. ‘If I don’t do this… we might not find Tara. And if I do… she might be mad at me for using magic. Ahhh… I hate this. What do I do?’ She looked into Buffy’s eyes for some kind of answer. “I just don’t want to mess things up again. I couldn’t live through that again. I can’t lose her again.” Her eyes welled up with tears at just the thought.

Buffy scooted in so her knees were touching the other girl’s and she put her hands on Willow’s shoulders. “I know. You’re scared… and you have every right to be, but I think we should do this. We have to. Come on… let’s find your girl.” She squeezed her shoulders.

Willow just nodded. “Okay… you’ll need to sit where you are, right in front of me. Um… tuck your feet under your legs, like me.”

The slayer did as she was told.

“Now… sit like your meditating, but I need you to hold my hands.”

The blonde looked at Willow apprehensively. “Um… this is really touchy feely stuff, isn’t it?” She joked.

“Buffy… this is serious. Take my hands.”

“Sorry… I was just fooling around.” Buffy gripped onto Willow’s hands. ‘This is nice. I should have done this a long time ago.’ She tried to slap herself mentally. ‘Stop it. This isn’t the time to be having these thoughts. You need to concentrate. Don’t think about your best friend like that. Even if she does have soft hands and nice shaped… oh God… this is Willow. Stop with the flirty goodness, thoughts. I’m glad she can’t hear what I’m thinking about right now.’

Willow watched as Buffy’s facial expressions were working over time. “Are you okay?”

Buffy snapped her eyes up to look at Willow. “Huh? Yeah… I’m fine. Okay, let’s do it.” The slayer blushed in her mind. ‘Well… that didn’t sound too good.’

“What I’m going to do is recite the spell. You just keep hold of my hands and concentrate on Tara, okay?”

“Got it. Concentrate on Tara, I can do that. How do we know if this works?”

“You’ll know. Now… close your eyes and concentrate.”

Willow held tight to Buffy’s hands as both girls closed their eyes. All of their thoughts moved towards Tara. The redhead sat in silence for a moment, before she squeezed Buffy’s hands tightly and began to recite the spell.

“Araydia, Goddess of the lost.

The path is murky.

The woods are dense.

Darkness pervades.

I beseech thee.

Bring the light.”

As she said the last words of the spell, two tiny lights of energy appeared before them. One was green, signifying Willow’s essence, the other red for Buffy. Willow briefly opened her eyes to make sure the spell had worked. ‘YAY… it worked. Okay…’

“Lead us to Tara.” Willow said once she had closed her eyes again.

And that’s when they could both feel it. Their essences were moving down the stairs and through the front door, flying out into the daylight as little forms of energy balls, appearing much like fireflies. Once outside, they were confused. They hummed around, but could see nowhere to go. There was a barrier holding them back; like a wall of some sort. They tried to move forward, but were pushed back.

Something was holding Tara back. There was a mist around her that was masking the spell. Willow could feel her energy being tugged back toward her body, as could Buffy, but they couldn’t give up. They had to find Tara. The green energy pushed forward again, flying around Buffy’s red. The two met in the air and buzzed around each other as if they were playfully chasing each other and then they zipped forward together. Flying a few more inches through the air, before they were pushed back. The barrier around Tara once again held them back.

The two energies tried to fly higher, but it didn’t help. They were still pushed back. They hovered in place for a moment, bumping into each other as if communicating. Willow slowly floated around Buffy’s essence before slowly pulling back and floating back in the direction of the house. The red energy soon followed and they were momentarily pushed back inside their bodies.

“No!” Is all Willow could manage to squeak out as she collapsed forward and fell into Buffy. She sobbed loudly at the turn of events. “Tara…” She breathed. All of her hope collapsed around her and she felt herself giving up. Willow couldn’t bear the thoughts that were floating around in her mind. She just couldn’t. The only thing the redhead wanted was to throw her arms around her beloved and never let go, but now it seemed impossible. Would she ever find her? Her grip on Buffy tightened.

Buffy’s thoughts toyed with her as well. She hated seeing her best friend like this. This was worse then anything she could ever dream about. Conflicting emotions bored into her soul and she finally knew where they came from. Buffy tensed, her body stiffening in Willow’s arms. This was too much. Pulling back slowly, she put her hands on the other girl’s shoulders and pushed her back. “Will… I can’t do this,” fell off her lips as she stood and ran out of the room and down the stairs. A moment later, the front door shut with a slight slam.

Willow stared at her bedroom door, confused. Her body fell back till she bumped into the bed. She stared up at the ceiling willing it to move. ‘Just collapse, why don’t ya? Get it over with.’ As soon as that thought formed, the redhead knew she didn’t mean it. That would mean giving up. And that was not going to happen. Not with Tara still out there somewhere. She shook her head, shaking the thought away. Tears still slithered down her pale cheeks.

Bringing a hand up, Willow brushed them away. “Why didn’t that spell work? It was all avoidy with the finding. I don’t get it.” She said out loud, as if the air could answer her back. ‘Maybe I should call Giles. Or… should I go after Buffy. No… she probably wants to be alone. What was that running away all about, anyway? Missy you and I are going to talk, when you get back.’ Willow bobbed her head as if agreeing with that last thought. Slowly, she stood to her feet and grabbed her house keys off the dresser. Taking the stairs two at a time, she quickly yanked the front door open and locked it, before taking off running in the general direction for the Magic Box. ‘I hope Giles can help.’

*****                                                                               

The bell above the door chimed as the door was lazily pushed open. For an early Saturday afternoon, the shop was unexpectedly empty. Two feet padded along the carpet and once they reached the research table, Willow collapsed into one of the chairs, slightly out of breath from running most of the way there.

“Ah… good afternoon, Willow.” The watcher came in the room from behind one of the stacks of books.

“Hey Giles.” She said, rather unenthusiastically.

This made Giles look over at her more observantly and he took in her tired features. The wrinkles on her forehead were more pronounced as if she had been thinking intensely. “Are you quite alright?” He asked worriedly.

“Just peachy.” She said sarcastically, before looking up into the eyes of the man she considered to be a second father to her. “No… I’m not. I can’t find Tara. The spell wouldn’t work and… and… Buffy ran out on me. I have no idea where she went. She was upset. And to top it off… I have a headache. So, no… I’m not alright.”

Giles frowned at Willow. “Did you say spell?” He pulled one of the chairs over to sit in front of the redhead.

“Yeah. Buffy and I were doing the guiding spell to try and find Tara, but it didn’t work. It was like something was holding us back.”

“Holding you back?” He asked curiously.

“There was like a wall or something. We couldn’t get through. And then, we were back in our bodies and then she freaked. She ran from my room and was gone. I don’t know what happened… she just left.”

The former librarian squeezed Willow’s forearm reassuringly. “I’m sure Buffy’s fine. She probably just needed some air?”

“I suppose.”

Giles pinched the bridge of his nose before continuing. “Now, about the spell. You said there was some type of barrier, not allowing it to work?”

“It was weird. It was like a wall or something holding Tara back. Like a masking spell or something? Do you think she would do that? Wouldn’t she want me to find her? Why would she do that? She can’t…”

“Willow, calm down. Getting worked up about this won’t help. You must keep your thoughts rational. I don’t think Tara would do this willingly. Someone probably put her up to it, or did it without her knowledge.”

The redhead nodded, but a frown still formed her lips. “Is there a way around it? Can we make it go poof? The barrier…”

“I don’t know. I’ll have to consult my books. Perhaps you could help me?”

“Sure. Where do we start?” Willow was happy to offer her help, if it meant finding a way to get to Tara.

“Start what?” Anya said as she came back up the stairs from the storage room.

“A spell Willow and Buffy did, didn’t work and we’re trying to find out why.” Giles explained.

“A spell? I thought you gave up magic?”

“It wasn’t dark magick.” Willow said defensively. “And I did give that up. Nope… no more dark magick for me.”

“Then what was it?” questioned Anya.

“It was a guiding spell.” Giles offered.

“Oh… well, why didn’t it work?” said the ex-demon looking confused.

Willow puffed out a long sigh. “That’s what we’re trying to find out. Do you want to help?” Giles was handing over a few books he thought might help, as Willow looked questioningly at Anya.

“I have, uh… things to do Willow. We’re not all students!” She said annoyed as she trotted over behind the counter to the cash register.

“Fine… count the money. I might as well have asked you to go without sex for a day.” Willow said this under her breath, out of earshot from Giles.

“I do want to help though. I like Tara. She’s an outsider, like me.” Anya pointed out.

“She’s not an outsider!” Willow said angrily.

“Well… she used to be then, but not now. She’s a Scooby, kinda like me now.”

“Yes… she’s a Scooby.” The redhead said proudly. ‘A Scooby who should be here right now.’ She whimpered sadly at that thought.

Coming back over to the table, the watcher sat down. “Alright. We should start with these and then move on accordingly.” He motioned to the books on the table.

*****                                                                               

‘This can’t be happening. It can’t. How can I be in love with two people at the same time? Not to mention the fact that they are both girls. This is me, Buffy, the Slayer who only dates guys. So, why do I feel all lovey for Willow and Tara?’ Buffy was bickering with her inner thoughts. ‘I can’t do this. Willow can’t find out. She would hate me. Tara would hate me. Wouldn’t they? Or should I tell them? Oh hey Will, by the way, I’m in love with you and your girlfriend. Just thought I’d tell you.’ She wrapped her arms around her body.

The sun weighed heavy on Buffy’s shoulders as she walked down the sidewalk. Away from her house, away from her best friend. She couldn’t be around her right now. Not like this. ‘She’ll never want to talk to me again. I just know it.’

TBC

I'll have part 3 up as soon as I can.

Thanks for reading everyone. Hope you like this.

Jen                                                                                                               

Edited by: Jennpurr  at: 7/7/02 10:57:46 pm

Post subject: Re: Update: Chapter 2
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:28 am 
Oohhh... come on, you can't just leave it there, that's evil! :)

I really like this story, it's fantastic especially if it's your first fic like you said. Please, post the next part soon!!

Oh... and I'm coming down firmly on the side of a W/T ending.

Go crazy?? Don't mind if I do!!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:29 am 
You'll have to end with W/T to comply with the FAQ

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

Post subject: Well Well Well
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:11 am 
I must say Private, the General is quite impressed. This is an excellent start. Can't wait to see your next report. Perhaps, private time will be in order. ;)

"In my world there are people in chains and we ride them like ponies."

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:12 am 
Very nice ... I feel badly for Buffy, however, because the rules of the list kinda make it impossible for her to have either/both W and T.

Poor Buff ...

JD

"I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly!" (SpongeBob Squarepants)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:52 am 
Yes the FAQ of this board, say that the fic must have the pairing of w/t only. No w/other b/other fic allowed here! I am not going to dictate your creative process, if you want a pairing other than w/t do it, but you can't post it here.. wiccan ways is a good place to send such fic.

But I like your fic and if you continue with w/t as the romantic interest, then I am happy to have it on pens.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Everything is turning out so dark..."

"No, it's okay. Lost is good. Willow and I always know how to find each other!"

Edited by: xita  at: 5/16/02 10:54:02 am

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 9:02 am 
**QuOS - :lol ... I know.. I'm evil. ;) Sorry about that. Awww... thank you for the compliments and I'm glad you are enjoying it. Hopefully I'll have more ready soon. I'm hoping by the end of the weekend.

**jdcioffi - Thank you. :) I should have read the FAQ. I'll admit I didn't. Thanks for letting me know. Buffy will be okay. ;)

**xita - Thanks Xita. I should have just read the FAQ. Sorry about that. I'll remember that. W/T it is then, as it should always be. :) I'm glad you like this. Thank you.

**mollyig - It will have a W/T ending. Thanks for letting me know.

**Drakkenfyre - Oooooh... private time. Really?? :bounce

I'm glad the General is pleased. Thanks for reading.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'm glad you are liking this. I didn't know what people were going to think. It's kind of a weird idea, but thanks for reading. I'll make a promise for Smoochies in the VERY near future. ;)

Jen

Edited by: Jennpurr at: 5/17/02 8:04:59 am

Post subject: Private Time
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 10:17 am 
Okay Private, you will not recieve in "private time" until I get another report. But I do promise, "private time" is in order.

"In my world there are people in chains and we ride them like ponies."

Post subject: great fic
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 3:39 pm 
I truly madly deeply love this fic.

I hope Willow finds her Tara and shows Amy how mad she can get, without using magic of course!

Willow: When did morning happen?
Tara: When the moon went down.

Post subject: Re: great fic
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 7:38 pm 
Woo hoo with Part #2....

A Jaguar...wouldn't want to be Amy if Tara got out...

Now...so...when can we'll have more praetell?? :D

Can't wait for part #3....weeeee....

Post subject: Thanks guys
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 12:31 am 
**Ukwilltara - Why, thank you. :D I'm glad you like it. Hee... I've got stuff planned for Amy :lol And Willow will find Tara. Might take awhile, but she will. ;)

**01Danie - :bounce :bounce

LOOK!! It's Danie!!! :grin Hey girly. Glad to see you made it over. Did you guess what Tara was when I sent you the first part? I guess this was a surprise if not, huh? :) Hee.. Amy will get hers.

Part 3 is the final stages now. I just have another scene to add and have it beta'd. I'll drop you a line.

Thanks for giving me feedback D. ;) I appreciate it.

Did you ever get Miss Kitty any more catnip? **Stamping foot** She's very disappointed in you. :miff Don't tell her, but I think she's got a problem. Hee...

Talk to ya later, girly.

Jen

Edited by: Jennpurr at: 5/18/02 11:32:08 pm

Post subject: Re: Great update
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 7:14 am 
Hey Jen,

Just read this, it's great, glad to hear I helped and I'm ready for the next part. :)

Blue

Shakespeare/Macbeth

Post subject: Re: Great update
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 7:24 pm 
Ooh crap, the catnip...and boy does she have a problem... :)

I knew that good ole Tara was either gonna be some sort of mousey or feline...I like the Jaguar thing though...

I'll be lookin' for the line...good writing vibes to ya...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 565 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next