The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: New Fic: There You Are
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:48 am 
There You Are

Sequel to No Matter Where You Go

By

DarkWiccan

Disclaimers: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all characters associated with the show are owned by Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy and their affiliates. If they belonged to me, none of the horrors of season six would ever have happened, and Willow and Tara would be on their honeymoon by now. But they don’t, so for now I borrow and kindly ask the big, scary corporate lawyer-guy to look the other way.

Feedback: Yes, please. But I have a Fire Extinguisher to put out all flames.

Distribution: Sure, just ask me

Spoilers: Eh, not so much?

Rating: PG-13 to NC-17

Pairing: W/T

Notes: It would probably be a good idea for you to read “No Matter Where You Go? if you haven’t already?otherwise some things may leave you a little lost. You can read "No Matter Where You Go" here:

www.slashaholics.org/wiccanways/fiction/darkwiccan_nomatter

Takes place three and a half years after the end of NMWYG

Summary: A wild series of events force Tara and Willow to face the realities of their daughter’s destiny.

Sunnydale, California: 2013

“Emily? Tara called out to her seven-year-old daughter across the park, “Stay close! The sun will be starting to set soon!?

“Yes, Mommy? the spunky little redhead replied as she bee-lined for the swings.

Willow and Tara walked hand-in-hand over the grassy knoll and toward the jungle gym, both keeping a close eye on Emily as she played.

“No playing Superman on those swings this time, Missy? Willow warned teasingly.

“Yes, Mama? Emily grumbled as she kicked her feet out, making her go higher.

Taking a seat on one the benches, Willow leaned into her wife’s gentle embrace. Tara ran her fingers through shoulder length red hair, making her lover purr.

“Mmm? Willow sighed, “That’s nice.?

“Well, I had to do something? Tara replied softly, “you’ve seemed so tense these last couple of days. Anything the matter??

Willow’s gaze drifted over to her daughter, staying there a moment. “Do you think she gets lonely??

“What do you mean??Tara asked, suddenly worried. “Has she said something to you??

“No? the redhead assured, “I just wonder sometimes?if she ever gets lonely. She hasn’t made very many friends at school. And she never invites the ones she has made over. So secretive.?

“Hmm? Tara nodded, her lips curling into a half-smile, “Sounds like someone else I know?

Willow sat up, looking the blonde in the eye, “Are you saying she gets that from me??

Tara rolled her eyes playfully. “Maaaybe? she said, stretching the word out.

“Tar, I tell you everything.?

“Except for the things you don’t.?

“Like what??Willow asked, her tone almost indignant.

“Like whatever is bothering you right now? Tara answered. “Whatever caused you to start this conversation in the first place.?Willow merely held her wife’s gaze, unsure what to say. So Tara decided to throw her another bone. “Why are you concerned about Emily being lonely??

Willow let out a long sigh and slumped against the back of the wood bench. “I just? she paused then started again, “When I was her age, I used to think it would be really nice if I had a simfurgh? The last word was deliberately mumbled and Tara sat up and leaned in in an effort to decipher what Willow had said.

“A what??

“A **cough** sister **cough, cough**? the redhead sheepishly replied.

“A sister? Tara said, her eyes growing wide, “Willow?are you saying that you want another baby??

“Um?

“Will, as much as I loved being pregnant and having Emily? Tara began.

“Who said you had to be the pregnant one this time??Willow asked, interrupting.

“Is that what this is about? Tara asked, seeking the clarity her mind demanded, “You want to have a baby??

“Well?

“Because we can’t? the blonde continued firmly, “We asked the Goddess to grant us a miracle with Emily’s conception. To have the audacity to ask again, let alone think that she would grant it is just plain presumptuous and not a little ego-centric.?

To look at Willow’s face you would have thought that she had been struck suddenly by a miniature hurricane only to be left standing seconds later in its wake. Rendered speechless, she could only watch as Tara got up and went to collect their daughter from the monkey bars so that they could start home. A few seconds later the pair stood next to the still seated, dumbstruck redhead.

“It’s getting late, Will? Tara said softly, knowing that she may have gone overboard with her little soapbox moment.

Willow slowly came out of her reverie and looked up at her wife, acknowledging her words, and then to her daughter. “Hey, baby-girl, wanna ride on Mama’s shoulders? she asked, a little breathless.

Emily’s face lit up with joy, “Can I, Mama??

Willow only smiled, and stood, hoisting her little girl up into the air, planting the tiny legs firmly on either side her head. Emily placed either hand just above her Mama’s ears and held on, even as Willow tightly gripped her diminutive ankles. Emily was a little small for her age, and therefore still not difficult to carry, which was good considering neither of her parents ever seemed to get enough of holding, hugging and cradling her every chance they got.

The three of them started silently toward home.

“Emily, can I ask you something? said Tara, looking up to her child’s face.

“Yes, mommy??

Tara threw a quick glance to Willow, and then directed her attention back to Emily’s curious expression.

“If you could have anything in the whole world…anything at all?what would it be??

“Anything at all, Mommy? In the whole world??Emily’s blue eyes grew wide at the prospect.

“Anything in the whole world? Tara confirmed, smiling.

After scrunching her adorable little face into a tight, contemplative knot, she answered, “I would want that nobody was ever lonely.?

Willow sent her lover a knowing look. The blonde caught it, but then continued to press, concern momentarily filling her voice, “Do you ever feel lonely, Em??

“Sometimes? the little girl answered, “but not as much as other people.?

“Other people like who??Willow asked.

“Like Godmommy. I think she’s lonely a lot of the time? Emily replied, her tiny red eyebrows furrowing together, “Especially since we moved away. She doesn’t have anybody to tuck her in anymore.?

When they had lived with Buffy, up until a couple of years previous, Emily had always taken great pleasure in “tucking in?the slayer for bed every night. What this translated to in actuality was Buffy reading Willow and Tara’s daughter a bedtime story every night before going on patrol. Buffy loved her goddaughter tremendously, and now with Wiccans moving into there own place and more recently Dawn having moved to Santa Barbara to live with her fiancée, the Summers home had become nothing more than a place to lay her head down to sleep.

Willow and Tara smiled openly at their daughter’s benevolence. They knew that she missed her godmommy’s constant presence, but they also accepted that Buffy’s home, no matter how welcoming, was always going to be a dangerous place to live as a result of their friend’s occupation. Demons had a tendency to try to prove themselves on the slayer’s “home court?and finally, for theirs and Emily’s safety, the two women had no choice but to move out.

It was true that in a couple more years, Emily would begin her slayer training with Buffy. But in the meantime, Willow and Tara wanted their only child to have as much of a normal childhood as living on the Hellmouth would allow.

“I’m sure that Buffy will find someone to tuck her in? Willow offered.

“I hope so? Emily answered, her voice thoughtful.

Again the two women shared a smile as they turned onto the sidewalk leading up to their small house. Their smile quickly turned to a look of deep concern as they saw the subject of their conversation sitting on their front steps, her face ashen.

Willow set Emily on the ground, “Go inside, sweetie, we’ll all be in a minute.?

The tiny redhead nodded and skipped inside, pausing at the front steps as Buffy patted her gently on the head. “Hey, munchkin? the slayer said sadly, “Go on in, I’ll be along. You can tuck me in tonight if you want.?

“Yes please!?Emily replied excitedly as she hugged Buffy tightly before running inside. No doubt to pick a book from her vastly growing collection.

“What’s up??Willow asked softly after a moment. “You’re all with the long face.?

“Faith’s dead? the slayer answered simply.

The color drained from both girls?faces. “W-when? Tara managed to ask after a moment.

“Yesterday? Buffy explained, “There was a riot at the prison. She was trying to help the guards, but?They didn’t realize that until after? Her voice trailed off.

“After what??Prodded Willow.

“After they shot her? Buffy concluded, then added, “Angel called me.?

“Emily? Tara cried, tears starting down her cheeks. She turned to her wife, “Will, she’s only seven?she c-can’t?

“I’ll call Giles? the redhead responded, rushing past her best friend and into the house.

“Tara, I’m so sorry? said Buffy, stepping down off the front porch and over to the blonde.

“She’s just a little girl? Tara sobbed, falling forward into the slayer’s strong arms. “She’s my precious baby?

“Sh? Buffy soothed, running her fingers delicately through Tara’s hair, “It’ll be? She stopped; she wasn’t going to tell that lie. “We’ll figure something out? she said instead, continuing her comforting ministrations.

Several hours later, and Emily had been tucked peacefully into bed by the slayer before she went out on patrol, leaving the two women alone to discuss what had just happened. Willow sat on the end of their king-sized bed, while Tara paced nervously back and forth in front of her.

“Baby, can you stop pacing a moment??Willow asked gently. “You’re making me a little seasick.?

“I’m s-sorry? Tara replied absently, promptly sitting in the small chair next to the dresser, her hands now fidgeting nervously. “What did M-Mr. Giles say, again??

Willow sighed, this now being the third time she would have relayed the Watcher’s words to her wife. “He said that he would contact the Council immediately and ask them to delay Emily’s activation to Slayer status until she was a little older.?

“How much older? Tara pressed.

“He said possibly fifteen. That’s how old Buffy was when she was called? the redhead explained. “He said that he couldn’t promise anything, but given that Buffy is still alive and slaying?the Council will hopefully grant his request.?

Tara only nodded mutely. Willow could see that her partner was in a deep state of shock, and there was nothing she could do. What’s worse, she knew that she had no choice but to add to the insanity.

“Baby? she said after a moment, “there’s something else we need to talk about.?

“What? Tara asked weakly.

“It kinda has to do with what we were talking about earlier?in the park? Willow tried to clarify.

“Oh, God, Will? exclaimed Tara, suddenly rising from her sitting position. “I cannot believe you want to talk about this now. I already told you, having Emily was a one shot deal. We can’t do it again.?

“Not necessarily? Willow began.

“Alright fine? the blonde bit out, her wits at an end, “Say there was a possibility. Now is not the time to discuss it. There are more important things going on?

“Well, I want to discuss it now? Willow interrupted her, also standing, her temper inadvertently starting to rise under all the pressure.

“Why, Will?! ?Tara questioned near the top of her lungs. The blonde didn’t raise her voice in anger often, and when she did, it always sent a cold chill running down Willow’s spine. “Why can’t it wait!??

Still somehow the redhead found the courage to answer.

“Because I’m pregnant.?

TBC...

Edited by: DarkWiccan at: 2/13/03 12:31:12 pm

Post subject: Re: New Fic: There You Are
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:59 am 
Wow that was absolutely wonderful!!!! I loved this, with W/T already having Emily and the whole thing about E being a slayer, and then Willow's pregnant - I think this is going to be a good ride!!

Blue :D

"She should have died hereafter: There would have been a time for such a word ...

...it is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Shakespeare/Macbeth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:02 am 
Ooh, another fic from DarkWiccan. <3

I particularly like the fact that Willow carried Emily on her shoulders. See, I was at the grocery store the other day, and I talked to these two beautiful women with a gorgeous daughter. The kid had a little tuft of red hair on her head and one of her mommies carried her on her shoulders as they walked to their car. It warmed my little heart and reminded me of WT, no doubt... What with all the baby fics on the board right now.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:48 am 
MoreMoreMoreMore!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:11 am 
Woo hoo, a squeal. More please

-----------------

You say midgets like it's so absurd.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:18 am 
This is really good ! :)

can't wait to read the next part :)

*Hannah*

I'm on the outside , i'm looking in , i can see through you , see your true colours , cause inside you're ugly , you're ugly like me - STAIND-Outside

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:11 am 
GREAT! Willow is pregnant...how..when...? I'm curious...!

Oh baby, want me to rub your tummy? She likes it when I ... stop explaining things.

Hi, um Tara..how are you? well...I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time...for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love? oh and btw, Joss, you can kiss my pissed ass

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 7:29 am 
wow... sequel... and I only read the first one the other week... smile

Great beginning and I love the tension at the end.... might I also say I appreciate how Faith was killed... in prison serving her time but at least trying to do something constructive in a way at the end...

oh and tucking the slayer up... so cute!

can't wait for more

kathleen

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:21 am 
Well I didn't take your advice to read the earlier story and now I shall have to go back to do that. I have never really been a fan of the W/T baby thing... but... this was told nicely and there is a strong plot obviously about to burst to life here... so I vote yay.

Nicely done for sucking me in!

Katharyn

--------------

You hear that baby? I am going nowhere.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:25 am 
god, I love it! I loved the story before this and if you can make this only half as good I'll be more satisfied than I need to be :)

Please, continue with the story now

Patricia

---------------

W-what were they looking at?

-The hotness of you doofus!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:08 am 
Very good.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:14 am 
i didn't see that last line coming! This is lovely, i loved your last story and i know this is going to be just as wonderful! I can't wait for the update.

"LIFE WITHOUT LOVE IS LIKE A BUTTERFLY WITHOUT FLOWERS"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:48 am 
Woo hoo!!! the sequel! "tucking in Godmommy" - awww. And I'm sad that Faith died, although I guess she would have to for Emily to be called. Willow's pregnant??? How? and without telling Tara?? ack! I think we'll need cliffhanger harnesses for this fic. Thanks DarkWiccan!

Life is full of changes...The better you are at letting go of things, the freer your hands will be to catch something new. ~from Off The Map by Joan Ackerman
"It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured before passing out. ~from "Answering Darkness" by Sassette

Post subject: Replies and Update Countdown
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:54 pm 
Wow! I knew that ending would get a response! :P

***Blue77-- Yep, buckle up, it's gonna be bumpy!

***momentum -- Wow, that is really weird. Synchronicity!!

***LQ -- Get your extra big fork and spoon ready.. this is gonna be a heavy dish!

***LiangFeng -- okayokayokay! :laugh

***Thanatopsis -- A "squeal"? Erm, well... you go right ahead. :grin

***Fidds -- I can't wait either... even I want to know what's going to happen next... and I have the outline!

***snuggle79 -- All questions will be answered... eventually.

***KathleenWolf -- Thanks. I really had to think long and hard about how to kill Faith. I didn't want her to be the cause of her own destruction, especially considering how she really seemed to be seeking redemption the last time we saw her.

***Katharyn -- Well, it's the least I could do after you got me hooked on Sidestep :grin

***Wiltar -- I'll try to my best... No Matter... is a tough one to live up to. It's my favorite one of the fics I've written, so I have to beat myself... which is going to be interesting... I never settle for anything less than my best.

***The Next Tara Maclay -- Thank you.

***breaking -- Good, the surprise worked, then :grin

***Pixie gishmock -- Yes, that might be a good idea as things are going to get mighty angsty in this one.

thank you for all of your replies.

If things continue according to plan, there should be an update by the end of tonight.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers

DarkWiccan

"Promise me you'll never be linear." "On my trout."

Post subject: Re: Replies and Update Countdown
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:18 pm 
*Licks DarkWiccans neck*I will be waiting..

'Awww, No one wants to play with me..' :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:07 pm 
Yay:love I loved the first one and this one has a most excelent start. Im very intrigued:) a pregnant Willow....oh my:shock but....when.....how.....:blush , well, I can guess how maybe;) Cant wait to find out for sure

*****Faye*****Jenna....You're my Angel,sweetheart and dream girl,all rolled up into one happy little ball of goodness because I love you and you love me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:33 pm 
yay. I loved the first one so getting a second fic is just brill! update soon.

Edited by: earthlovinwicca at: 6/2/02 5:34:08 pm

Post subject: Part the Second
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:47 pm 
and the beat goes on...

Tara stood silently for a moment, her brain frantically trying to wrap itself around Willow’s words. She shook her head a little, trying to get the pieces to fall into place. It didn’t work. She opened her mouth several times to speak, but no words came out, until finally all she was able to blurt out was, “What?”

Willow paused, taking in a deep breath. For some reason, she didn’t want to say it again. But she had to.

“I’m pregnant.”

Willow had said it, and Tara’s ears had registered it, but still the blonde simply could not believe what she was hearing.

“How?” she asked after a pause.

“I…”

“Dammit, Willow, did you do something behind my back?” Tara demanded, raising her voice again. It was just all too much. She wasn’t sure how much more of this day she could take.

Willow’s eyes widened in shock at her wife’s accusation, “What? No! My God! How can you say that?”

The blonde set her jaw in a firm line, her voice low, “It wouldn’t be the first time…”

“That is not fair, Tara”, Willow replied, her tremulous voice giving away her hurt feelings. “That is not fair! That was over ten years ago! I thought we had put all of that behind us.”

“So did I”, came the short answer.

Willow paused to collect herself. She knew that her lover was only reacting to the sudden and overwhelming shock of Faith’s death and now this news on top of everything else had brought her to the point of breakdown. This wasn’t her Tara talking, and she knew it.

“Okay”, Willow said calmly, “Let’s just stop a minute. We’re both upset and we’re saying things… that we don’t mean…” she stalled a second, waiting to see if Tara was going to contradict her. When, thankfully, she didn’t the redhead continued, “What I was trying to say before was… I don’t know… I don’t know how. I just am.”

During Willow’s speech, Tara had calmed down considerably. Enough so that she regretted every single word that had come out of her mouth in the last fifteen minutes. She could tell that Willow was telling the truth, and it was time to move onto a new line of questioning.

“When did you find out”, she asked, her voice hushed.

“Yesterday”, said the redhead, “I went to see Dr. Gulliver because I was a couple weeks late. I was worried it might have been symptomatic of something bad… “ She looked her wife in the eye, tears brimming in her own, “I guess it was.”

Tara instantly caught the terrified look in her lover’s eyes and within seconds had her wrapped in a warm and calming embrace. “Oh, Baby, no…” Tara said, tenderly running her hands up and down Willow’s back as the redhead’s body was now racked with sobs. “Sweetheart, we’ll figure something out.”

“Tara, I’m so scared”, Willow blubbered, placing her face into the blonde’s shoulder, her tears dampening the fabric there.

“Sh, Darling”, Tara soothed, continuing to hold her wife close. After a moment, she softly questioned, “How far along?”

“Dr. Gulliver said two months”, Willow replied, lifting her head a little.

“And you have no idea”, Tara continued gently, “how?”

“Not how”, she confirmed, “Possibly when. I’m not sure.”

Suddenly the phone rang, startling both girls, but they did not move from their tight embrace.

“Should we let the machine get it?” Asked Tara.

“No”, Willow replied, gently pulling out of her partner’s arms and walking over the nightstand, “It might be important.” She lifted the phone from its cradle and answered. “Hello...” Her voice was hollow and distant, “Yes… Go on… Oh… Oh… Okay… We’ll be there… Bye.”

Tara looked to her lover, her eyes questioning.

“That was Giles”, Willow explained, “He’s on a plane. He has some news.”

“He’s on a plane?” Tara asked, “Coming here?”

“I guess the news is the ‘face to face’ kind”, Willow offered.

“When does his flight get in?”

“11 am tomorrow”, the redhead answered, glancing toward the clock, “Oh… I guess that tomorrow is now today.”

Tara looked over to the digital display as well. It was very late, and the events of the day suddenly hit her tired bones full force.

“We should probably get some sleep.” Tara said quietly, “Emily has school in the morning. One of us needs to get up to take her.”

“I’ll do it”, Willow offered.

“We both will”, Tara replied, offering her support. “C’mon, Will, let’s get ready for bed. We’ll pick up where we left off tomorrow.”

Willow nodded her head dumbly in compliance and headed into the bathroom to freshen up. Tara turned down the sheets and went to the dresser, pulling out one of her nightgowns and a set of Willow’s pajamas. She quietly disrobed and changed, taking her wife’s PJ’s with her to the bathroom and joining her lover there.

The two women both felt as though they were moving through thickened air, unable to move freely, unable to breath completely. They silently went through their evening evolutions and curled into bed, wrapping their arms tightly around one another in a desperate need for solace.

The next day, after dropping Emily off at school, Tara and Willow joined Buffy and the three of them headed to Sunnydale Airport to greet the Watcher as he arrived. They were surprised to see Xander and Anya, along with their three-year-old son Joseph, waiting for them when they arrived at the small air terminal.

“What are you guys doing here”, Buffy asked, confused, but smiling.

“G-man is coming back into town”, Xander explained, “Have to give him the proper Scooby welcome.”

“We didn’t think you’d be able to get away from work”, said Tara, stepping forward to hug him, then Anya.

“That’s the nice thing about being the boss”, He beamed, taking Willow into his arms warmly, “You can delegate your work to somebody else.”

“Unless there isn’t anyone else, in which case you just close the shop”, Anya tacked on. “Notice how I’m okay with that? I’m not upset about the loss of lucrative funds because Giles is more important.”

“That’s good”, acknowledged Tara, unable to suppress her smile. After all these years, Anya was still learning what it meant to be human. Having Joseph had helped a lot. Tara smiled at the young boy who was hiding behind his mother’s skirt. “Hi, Joseph”, she signed to him gently. He waved his pudgy little hand at her in a gesture of ‘hello’. Joseph had been born deaf. It was a terrible blow to both his parents, but they all had learned to adapt quickly. After all, this was the Hellmouth. There were far worse things that could have happened and Joseph was an otherwise healthy and beautiful little boy.

“How are you holding up”, Xander asked the redhead still in his arms. Willow only shook her head against his strong chest. “That bad huh?” He questioned sweetly, rubbing his hands across her back. She stepped away from him after a moment, wiping aside a few errant tears and moved back to Tara’s side, taking her hand.

“We’re dealing as best we can. There’s a lot to sort through”, Tara answered for both of them. Everyone nodded in understanding.

Joseph started tugging on Anya’s skirt to get her attention. “What, honey”, she spoke and signed to him.

“Grandpa, grandpa”, he signed happily, pointing down the hallway to where they could all see Giles approaching.

The Watcher was stumbling down through the terminal, carrying a various assortment of bags and suitcases. He appeared to be mumbling to himself about something and his expression was cross.

“Looks like he got stopped in customs again”, Willow commented wryly.

Buffy rushed up to relieve him of his burden, taking a suitcase and one of his duffel bags.

“Honestly”, he said once he and Buffy had rejoined the group, “How anyone could possibly confuse a book as a bomb is besides me.”

“Welcome back, G-man”, Xander said cheerily, extending his hand for Giles to shake.

“Oh don’t be ridiculous”, the Watcher said warmly, drawing the younger man into a hug. “It’s good to see you, Xander.” He then turned to the rest of them and greeted them in a similar fashion, until only Willow and Tara remained.

He took them both into his arms simultaneously, kissing the tops of their heads in turn. “I have news”, he said softly, “the nature of which I am not sure. I think it would be best if we retired to a place more suitable to privacy.” He had said the last sentence to the entire group.

“Let’s go back to my place”, Buffy suggested, “I don’t think the old house would mind some attention.”

Everyone quickly agreed and started to head out of the terminal, but Joseph stayed stubbornly behind.

“Joseph”, Xander signed and spoke. It had become a habit of the married couple to automatically speak and sign everything at the same time. “We need to go now.”

Joseph shook his head firmly and his crunched his face into a look of anger and disappointment.

“Joe, what’s the matter”, asked his mother.

Joseph looked to Giles and grumpily indicated, “Grandpa.”

“Oh Heavens”, said Giles suddenly, “How awful of me. I didn’t say hello to Joseph.” Giles walked over to the tiny boy and knelt beside him, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small box that looked to be made of cherry wood. It appeared to be completely solid, until Giles shook it and a gentle pinging sound of metal strings being struck filled the air. To Joseph it only looked like the older man was shaking a block at him. He furrowed his brow in curiosity.

“That’s great, Giles”, said Buffy, mystified, “but you know he can’t…”

“Wait”, the Watcher interrupted. He shook the box again and placed it on the small boy’s cheek. Joseph’s eyes filled with wonder and excitement, his jaw dropped and he snatched the box from Giles’ hand and began shaking it wildly and holding it to his face over and over.

“He can’t hear it”, Giles explained as he stood and took Joe’s free hand, “But he can feel the vibrations of the strings inside when they are struck by the little ball bearings.”

Anya gasped in pleasure and ran over to Giles, kissing him firmly on the cheek. “Thank you”, she said, her eyes watering.

“It was nothing”, he replied tenderly. “Shall we?” He said signifying for them to go. They all nodded and headed out of the airport.

Back at Casa De Summers everyone was assembled in the living room waiting Giles to deliver his long awaited report. He didn’t waste any time.

“I was unable to convince the Council to delay the activation of the next slayer”, he began, noting as he did that Willow and Tara both looked as if the life had just been sucked out of them. “And the reasons they gave me were inarguable”, he continued.

“How can you say that”, interrupted Buffy, speaking on behalf of her shell-shocked friends. “She’s only seven years old.”

“No, she isn’t”, Giles replied.

“Yes she is”, Willow said, suddenly finding her voice, “You were there the day she was born.”

“The next slayer”, Giles pressed on, “is fifteen years old and has been called to active duty in Savannah, Georgia.”

“I don’t understand”, Xander cut in, “Emily is the next slayer… isn’t she?”

“Why else would Gothragl have tried to sacrifice her”, Tara queried, stifling a shudder at the memory. A human child born of pure love the next of the chosen…

“The fact is”, the Watcher explained, “That Emily is not listed anywhere in the Council’s records as ever being a potential slayer.”

“Wait”, said Buffy, “you mean Emily is not ‘The Chosen One’?”

“No”, he illuminated, “not so far as being a slayer is concerned. But this doesn’t mean that Emily isn’t A Chosen One.”

“Then what is she chosen for?” asked Tara.

Giles regarded the girl with a serious look on his face. “That is what I am here to try and find out.”

TBC...

Edited by: DarkWiccan at: 6/2/02 5:48:55 pm

Post subject: Re: Part the Second
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 7:55 pm 
DarkWiccan,

I just went back and re-read "No Matter Where You Go," because it had been awhile since I first read it. What a remarkable fic. This one is proving to be equally as compelling. I'm intrigued to find out just how Willow got pregnant. I have my speculations about where this is heading, but I'll wait to see if they are accurate. Great job!

She's my everything!

Post subject: Love this fic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:30 pm 
DarkWiccan

I absolutely loved reading "No Matter Where You Go"

Thank you for the sequel. I was thrilled when I saw it.

Great fic!!! Update soon please.

Post subject: Re: Love this fic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:45 pm 
wonderful update:) hmm.....interesting. I wonder what Emily is chosen for:confused . I guess we will soon find out:)

*****Faye*****Jenna....You're my Angel,sweetheart and dream girl,all rolled up into one happy little ball of goodness because I love you and you love me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:04 pm 
Oooh, A Chosen One. Heh.. sneaky DarkWiccan! Loving this. :)

--------------------------------

"But when they're playing your song on the jukebox in Hell, you might as well dance." - K. Simpson

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

Edited by: LeatherQueen at: 6/2/02 9:04:58 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:12 am 
You have me on the edge of my seat already. I can't wait to find out how Willow got pregnant and the deal with Emily.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.
Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Willow: Hi, um Tara. I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:33 am 
///DarkWiccan///

I absolutely find this fic, bloody interesting. You've got a knack for writing Willow and Tara with kids. Willow pregnant? cool! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to know how that happened.

After "No Matter Where You Go" I'm really looking forward to this fic. Issit gonna be a long one?

When I Am Standing On My Head, The Sky Is So Deep And The Sea Is So High.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:41 am 
oooh god, you're making me all curious!! I wanna know what she is chosen for!!!!

Still love it, still want you to continue with your story asap :lol

Patricia

---------------

W-what were they looking at?

-The hotness of you doofus!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:00 am 
Oh I read the first fic and enjoyed it so much. I am glad to see this sequel. So.. i have to wonder their other daughter will play a role here.. interesting. I assumed daughter didn't I.. hee oh well you know why that would be anyway..

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Willow and Tara Love

Truly and Forever

Edited by: xita  at: 6/3/02 1:01:04 am

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:15 am 
oooh great update- but you can't leave us hangin for too long - i really wanna know what sh'e chosen for-- hmmmm :confused .......nope i really don't know

well done!

*Hannah*

I'm on the outside , i'm looking in , i can see through you , see your true colours , cause inside you're ugly , you're ugly like me - STAIND-Outside

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:58 am 
ooooo, i'm gonna be sitting here now guessing wot little emily is chosen for! This is such a lovely fic!!

love jade x x

"LIFE WITHOUT LOVE IS LIKE A BUTTERFLY WITHOUT FLOWERS"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:48 am 
I'm so glad you pointed us to No matter... because that was one of the best W/T fics I've read. It was very sweet and I love stories with hacker Willow, plus you do the baby thing really well.

So I'm really looking forward to this new fic. Willow pregnant and she does not know how it happened. Uh oh...

BTW, was quite intrigued by those evening evolutions :lol .

Keep up the great work,

Murasaki

Post subject: Wow... lotta replies
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:39 am 
Man... good thing I checked the thread when I did... otherwise I really would have been overwhelmed if I had waited until tonight as I originally planned.

***Vampy Tara -- Holy wow! I've just had my neck cyberlicked! :bounce Not that I can be bribed into posting updates with neck lickage :p

***Fairy Dust -- Hmm... guess you'll just have to wait to find out....

***Earthlovinwicca -- It's such a thrill to be brill :grin

***Tiggrscorpio -- Glad you liked No Matter... hope this lives up to it.

***Spottie Dottie -- Thanks for reading the first one... hope you enjoy this one just as much

***LeatherQueen -- Yes, yes I am a sneaky little DW :cool

***Rose24 -- Buckle up! this ride's just getting started!

***Shinnen -- I get a lot of influence from my godsons when it comes to writing children. They are the most wonderful blessings in my life. And yes, this is going to be quite a long story. No doubt the longest one I've ever written.

***Wiltar -- Well, perhaps the next update will answer a few questions... and perhaps it will not... but the only way to find out is to tune in :evil

***Xita -- Yes, well you know what they say about assuming... ask Dawn... she'll tell you :grin

***Fidds -- Good... my plan to have you peeps completely perplexed is working ::rubs hands together conspiratorily::

***Breaking -- If you can guess what Emily is chosen for based only on what you've read so far... I will bow down to you and hand over my pen.

***Murasaki -- Now here I was trying to set up a scene where it was clear that the last thing the girls had on their mind was sex.. and you naughtily minded kittens just run wild...

Okay, well... if I get up my gumption to actually find a way to write this next scene w/o help... there should be an update tonight. You see... I'll be honest... there's a love scene in this next bit... and if you've read No Matter... you should know that I used a ghost writer by the name of Harrison to write those exceptional scenes. I had nothing to do with them except structuring a basic outline for him of how they started and where they ended up :blush . I just have a really hard writing these type of scenes when it comes to W/T... and I know why. Amber is my cousin... how on earth can I justify having and then writing down such naughty thoughts about my cousin?! Despite the fact that she's my distant cos, it's still mighty weird. I have no problem reading other fic author's work, b/c then I only see Tara... but for some blasted reason, I have a tough time seperating Tara from Amber when writing on my own. So why not get Harrison to do it again, you ask. Well, he's unavailable.. and I am stuck. So... I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and give it a go... but I warn you.. this may delay the update a bit.

So, there you are... wish me luck

Cheers

DarkWiccan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next