The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New fic - It's You
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:10 pm 
Title: It's You

Author: jadeo0

Email address: jadeo0@hotmail.com

Distribution: Ask me before you take it, but sure

Spoilers: Sometime after Hush, before NMR

Rating: PG (PG-13 for conservatives)

Pairing: W/T

Disclaimer: Not mine, but hey, that's what dreams are for.

Summary: Lo and behold, it's another get-together fic, with my little spin on it (Lord help us). Willow to Tara.

Note: Warning, this has not been beta-ed, so beware. The song is It's You by Michelle Branch.

Note 2: Thanks Washi for inspiring me with the song. :)

It’s You

“T-Tomorrow then, Willow?” Tara glanced up from beneath her hair, smiling shyly. She gathered up her books, hugging them to her chest. “I-I’ll see you t-then.” Her eyes connected with Willow’s, a shock of electricity passing between them. Before more could happen, she quickly closed the door, stumbling out of Stevenson Hall.

Willow continued to stare at the now-closed door, tempted to go after Tara. She was attracted to the blonde Wiccan, that was for sure. But in what way? Was she just desperate for a friend, something that she could call her own? No. She could answer that right now. No. She was attracted to Tara in the I-wanna-kiss-you and I-love-you ways. She knew that deep down inside. So why couldn’t she say it?

If tomorrow never comes

I would want just one thing

I would tell it to the stars and the sun

I would write it for the world to see

And it's you

Willow knew she had to tell Tara sometime or the other. Living on the Hellmouth meant that no one could really tell when something bad was going to happen. For all she knew, either of them could be dead tomorrow. I have to tell her. She quickly threw on her jacket and grabbed the trinket she had been working on, beginning a sequence of events she knew would change her life, and hopefully Tara’s, forever.

The light changes when you're in the room

Oh it's you

Oh it's you

Whenever she saw Tara, it was as if the whole room got all of a sudden brighter. A weight would be lifted off her back, and the warmth and care that emitted from the blonde would wash away all her Scoobie pains and worries. It was hard to keep that feeling down inside her. These days, Willow’s love for this wonderful woman constantly threatened to burst through her tightly sewn seams.

If tomorrow never comes

I would want just one wish

To kiss your quiet mouth

Trace the steps of my fingertips

And it's you

But how to kiss a woman? Heck, she didn’t know! She’d only ever kissed two men, and men for that fact. How did a woman’s lips feel? Willow stopped and touched her lips to her knuckle, trying to imagine that it was in fact not a knuckle, but Tara’s lips. Her thumb brushed at her lower lip, capturing it in the expectation of a more passionate response. Her tongue began to trace her finger before plunging into the crevice that kept her hand from becoming a mitt. She moaned, imagining the taste of Tara’s warm mouth.

“Uh, ma’am?” A young man touched Willow’s shoulder, jolting her out of her make-out. He looked worriedly at her, wondering if she was mentally deficient. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah!” Willow said a little too loudly. “I’m fine, thanks.” She smiled before resuming her journey to Tara’s dorm room. Mentally deficient, no. Sexually lacking, yes. Tara-wanting, double-yes.

The light changes when you're in the room

She knocked on the door, the latch clicking and the hinges creaking to reveal a frightened face. “W-Willow?”

Oh it's you

The redhead smiled nervously. “Well, you see Tara, I just really wanted to tell you something that’s really really important. I like you a lot, Tara. I mean, a lot. I dream about you, and Buffy’s noticing that I’m always distracted these days. You know why? Cuz I’m dreaming about you, but I already said that. I’ll get straight to the point then.” She paused, embarrassed. “You can tell I didn’t rehearse that.”

Oh it's you

Tara’s lips pursed, trying to hold in her laughter. “N-no. It was perfect. L-like you.”

Oh it's you

Willow’s eyes widened at the compliment. “I’m not perfect, Tara. Far from it. I’m human, I make mistakes, lots of them. Like the time when I broke the yellow crayon in kindergarten. I didn’t tell the teacher that it was me, and Xander had to bail me out. I’m not perfect at all. You’re the perfect one. You brighten my day. You make me look forward to night. And that’s why I love-“

She was stopped by Tara’s hands: one on her lips, the other calming her rapidly moving hands. Tara smiled. “I b-brighten your d-day?”

Oh it's you

“More than you’ll ever know,” Willow replied. They were both grinning now, ear to ear, hesitantly holding hands.

Oh it's you

“A-and you l-love m-m-me?” A tear fell down Tara’s cheek, only to be wiped away by a soft Willow-digit.

Oh it's you

“See this?” Willow held out the bauble she’d been carrying with her. “Willow and Tara. WT. It’s for you. To show that I love you.” She slipped the carved ring onto Tara’s finger.

“W-Willow…” Tara moved forward, momentarily capturing Willow’s lips in hers. “I love you too.”

And it was just as Willow had imagined, the kiss. Soft beyond description, loving beyond expression. Their lives had been changed, just as she’d wanted, for the better.

Oh it's you...

A dose of Amber makes my day.

jess

Edited by: BytrSuite at: 11/19/03 9:05 pm

Post subject: Re: New fic - It's You
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:17 pm 
OMG! This line cracked me up!

Quote:
“Uh, ma’am?” A young man touched Willow’s shoulder, jolting her out of her make-out. He looked worriedly at her, wondering if she was mentally deficient. “Are you ok?”

I'm glad the song made you write this oh-so sweet fic. :grin

Really great, I love it.

-------------------

"See? I've mastered this tact crap." Anya in Tears Of The Goddess by Lisa

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

.:Dark-bliss.net :..:My blog:..:Blood and Ink:.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:02 pm 
hey, Jess

This is splendid writing, sweetie. You must continue. I'm honestly enjoying the way you present our girls. Poor Willow. So confused and frustrated for Tara-kissage. Loving it.

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. Woody Allen (1935 - )

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:56 pm 
Great fic! It's so sweet. Michelle Branch has some awesome songs. It's You is a really good song.

~Sheena~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:10 am 
Loving it. :heart

snuggle79 :)

This is how everyday should end and start ..and all the stuff in the middle

The greatest thing you'll learn, is just to love and be loved in return.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:09 pm 
This is great!:applause

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:45 pm 
This fic is so good!

I love this song & I'm so glad it inspired you to write this great, sweet, beautiful & funny fic!

:clap

Hugs

Jeanne

----------

Posh flowers make me feel groovy - My niece

I am perfectly normal in my abnormalities

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:45 pm 
Washi - Glad you liked it (I said this many times already) :) . You've been there backing me up 110% on this one, and then remembering your ecstatic reaction to the man's interruption...:lol

Tempered Cynic (Mike) - This was a one-shot so no sequel, but I'm not partial to another attempt on a get-together. Perhaps a different song though :wink

AshWeezer - Michelle Branch rocks my world almost as much as Amber Benson. :cool

snuggle79 - Glad you do.

allykat - I wasn't so sure about that, but thanks.

kindagay - I'm happy it inspired me too :D

sam darls - Michelle Branch is my absolute favourite music artist. I doubt this fic was perfect, but her music sure is!

jess

Edited by: jadeo0 at: 11/22/03 10:28 am

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:53 am 
Hey Jess...oh my, anything that involves michelle branch is perfect, but I absolutely adored this..It was so sweet and so good. Perfect. Love sammi xx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:31 pm 
That was wonderful, so sweet. :heart

I love that Michelle Branch track (in fact, I love all of MB's songs - check out the sig :) ), when I saw the title of the fic I immediately thought of the song.

Anyways, enough waffling from me. The fic was lovely. Thanks for posting it! :)

Every time you walk away, I pretend that I'm okay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:42 pm 
This was such a sweet fic... made me wanna :happycry happy tears. The Michelle Branch song was so perfect for it.

I believe in the madness called "now."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:43 am 
LostWithoutTara - Thanks :) I hadn't even heard of the song myself until the day I wrote the fic, but it just struck me as a W/T song! yay!

Tempest Duer - Willow and Tara belong together...just my little take on it. And :happycry -ing is definitely allowed :) Cry away!

jess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:03 pm 
I'm glad you approve of my actions. A few happy tears do the heart good, after all.

I believe in the madness called "now."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:33 am 
:bigwave Hiya partner.

I knew I had to read your fics the moment I knew you had umm... written fics. Anyway, this definitely doesn't dissapoint!

That was so incredibly sweet! I loved the first kiss. Had to :rofl when the man interrupted Willow's 'making out'.

Another one of these song fics maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:54 pm 
Gim - one's on its way :p

jess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:38 pm 
Hey Jess Hun :bigwave

I just read your fic and I totally love it :peace

I hope to read more of your fics or writings soon plzzzz :p :banana

Luv

April

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:39 pm 
Her eyes connected with Willow’s, a shock of electricity passing between them.

This is a good bit, it shows that they are soulmates.

See this?” Willow held out the bauble she’d been carrying with her. “Willow and Tara. WT. It’s for you. To show that I love you.” She slipped the carved ring onto Tara’s finger. :pride

This is so sweet and romantic. :heart

And it was just as Willow had imagined, the kiss. Soft beyond description, loving beyond expression. Their lives had been changed, just as she’d wanted, for the better.

How nice. It shows just how Willow feels. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:22 am 
Oh, WOW!!! Thank was something to read again and again. A bit of Amber can definitely make a day worth enjoying. Awesome, piece!!! Are we gonna see some more??? ~~hint hint, wink wink~~ ;) . Beautifully told, and the song just fits so well, awwww, beautiful. =)

Aaron

'TaraBaby77'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:26 am 
New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

life in plastic / it's fantastic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:17 am 
4. Extra Flamey

A bit late in the game I know but I read it today and just had to say that this was very sweet! I love that song it's one of my faves. A lot of Michelle Branch songs remind me of W/T (although I am obsessed with both W/T and MB which is probably why lol).

Thanks!
Kim

4. Extra Flamey

A bit late in the game I know but I read it today and just had to say that this was very sweet! I love that song it's one of my faves. A lot of Michelle Branch songs remind me of W/T (although I am obsessed with both W/T and MB which is probably why lol).

Thanks!
Kim

4. Extra Flamey

Thanks!
Kim

4. Extra Flamey

Thanks!
Kim

4. Extra Flamey

Thanks!
Kim

4. Extra Flamey

Thanks!
Kim