The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: FIC - Left Of Center
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:45 am 
Notes - Ok, the idea for this actually came because I really did not want to write Ch 9b of 'For All Your Good Intentions'. Action stuff is just so difficult to get across. Anyway, so I wrote this first chapter and I sent it off to Owl and she said go with it so I am. It is a sequel of sorts as it takes place in the same universe as my previous story. It is also slightly darker but the angst comes from without more than from within, (mostly).

Notes II - The bad news is that I am going away for two and a half weeks (10th April to 28th April). I have been forbidden to take my laptop and handphone as I am a certified workaholic and therefore check my work e-mails incessantly and work at all hours of the day on account of the insomnia. I will be in London staying with my sister and she does have a computer so I may be able to update or check the thread for the first week and then we're driving around Scotland (whiskey tours and golf) for the rest of the time. Why am I posting it? Well, I really don't think I would finish if I did not have some sort of pressure from somewhere so that's why it going to be posted. I actually like working under pressure, go figure. I have made a deal with Owl that I will leave her 3 chapters while I'm away and she will post them every five days or so. So that should take care of the two and a half weeks of my absence. Since I am bringing my palm which is a technically a PDA and not a computer (yes, I'm splitting hairs) I will try and map out the story so that I can write faster when I come back. The only reason I write fast now is because of the insomnia. I hope not to have it when I return.

Spoiler Warning - It has some spoilers up to Normal Again and you may want to read my previous story (For All Your Good Intentions) as it is set in the same universe. If you don't want to, it's ok too. Just realize that Willow is in a wheelchair and this would be set around two and a half years from start of current US season.

Feedback - Good God! Yes, please.

Disclaimer - All characters, names etc belong to ME. I am just borrowing them for this short while in order to make them do what I want for a change instead of waiting to see what happens every Tuesday.

Rating - Strong PG .

Title : Left Of Center

Chapter 1

?I don?t believe we haven?t seen hide nor hair of a vampire for the past week. I mean currently, I would accept bald ones, fat ones, Dracula, anything! A slayer who doesn?t slay is like a?.like a, Good Lord, I?m a watcher. See, I?m saying Good Lord! I need to kill vampires now!?

?Come on Buff, this could be a good thing ? Xander replied trying to calm his friend down. ?I mean after eight apoclaypses..si? After so many Big Bads, we should catch a break.?

Wanting to support her husband, Anya chimed in, ?Yes, maybe this is like Spring Break for Vampires. You know, when they go someplace else to not get a tan? she finished proudly.

?Or? or, maybe we?re just scaring them off? Willow joined in ?I mean, I do look all mean in my new Quickie GPV wheelchair and all?. The new wheelchair was a present from Ira and Sheila Rosenberg. After the accident, they had realized how close they had come to losing their only daughter. Since then, they had bought her gifts, paid for her treatments and most importantly welcomed Tara into their lives. They would come to all her physiotherapy sessions and when it was time to discuss trying the stem cell therapy on the advice of her doctor, her mother had turned and asked Tara what she thought. Of course, her mom called her Tracy but still, they had accepted the woman their daughter had fallen so in love with and that made her heart soar. When she went for the stem cell replacement operation, her parents had insisted Tara be given family rights and therefore could visit her beyond visiting hours. She couldn?t believe the changes in her parents but she was glad that they had also recognize the beauty of Tara?s soul and had acted accordingly.

?Will, you?re wearing a Powerpuff t-shirt, that really isn?t going to strike fear in the vampire population? Buffy retorted, pulling Willow out of her thoughts.

?But it?s a Buttercup t-shirt and she?s the meanie? Dawn added helpfully as she tried to keep in step with her sister.

?Yeah!? Willow pouted and reached for Tara?s hand that she had placed on the wheelchair handle.

Tara smiled to herself - she couldn?t help it, a willow pout would always cause her to smile and try and remove it from the hacker?s face. ?Oh, Sweetie, you do look all cool monster fighter like and the t-shirt is black?.

?Yeah? Willow repeated again, daring Buffy to contradict her.

Buffy realizing that she was outnumbered, had the decency to look contrite ?Ok, Will, you win, you?re scaring the vampire population with your black wheelchair and monster fighting get up. So could you tone it down a bit. This slayer needs her practice.?

?Ok, I?ll wear the hello Kitty T-shirt tomorrow? Willow returned, smiling. Despite the fact that they were out patrolling, Willow felt happy. Her family was here and her soul mate was by her side. She was pushing herself at her physiotherapy sessions despite the pain and was making such good progress that by Christmas, she should be able to stand and walk with the help of crutches. Then, she would only need the wheelchair for patrols should she need to make a quick getaway.

She tugged Tara?s hand and pulled the witch down into a kiss. She wanted to do more but that would come later. Currently, she made do with a kiss, one that conveyed all her love ? her passion for the beautiful blonde.

?Wow, that was wow? Tara replied breathlessly as she stood up ?That was some kiss. You going to back that up later?? she added giving Willow one of her special smiles.

?Anytime, anywhere, anything you wish? Willow whispered and squeezed her hand.

He watched them ? laughing and walking like they owned the night. Each carrying some sort of weapon - well except for the two witches. They were so smug, he thought. Didn?t need any weapons, thought they were so strong - invincible together. He wanted to show them, he wanted to move away from his hiding place and attack with all his superior strength. The night belonged to him and his kind. They were the interlopers - the intruders. They would suffer at his hands - he would make that his mission.

He could pick them off one by one if he wanted to.

The man and his blonde companion, walking arm in arm ? he could smell their apprehension, hear their heartbeats beating faster than normal, high on adrenaline and fear. Pretending not to care about the dangers surrounding them ? demons and monsters.

The young girl, trying to walk in big sister?s shoes - but also so scared, her blood rushing through her veins, pulsing from her heart - such a sweet sound. So easy to pick off. The youngest were always the best targets.

The witches, despite the wheelchair, they moved in unison - holding hands. Lost in a world of their own, their hearts beating in rhythm, slightly faster but not out of fear. His blood boiled, he could smell their arousal - their love. It sickened him ? he must be calm, now was not the time but soon. Soon.

The last heartbeat was slower, more paced - it belonged to the slayer. He would not, could not underestimate her. She would have to be taken out first if he was to succeed. But he was not going to kill her. No, he had been patient, watching , waiting. Time had no meaning for him, he had eternity and he had used it well, he knew all their weaknesses. He was going to have his revenge - and their blood would be sweet.

He remembered back two years ago, how he had come to town to take back his family pride and teach her a lesson. How dare she flaunt her lifestyle and choices in their faces. She had to be punished - had to be taught a lesson. It was his duty, he was the first born. So he came to Sunnydale, one autumn day. Drove into town in his beat up truck and watched and waited. How was he to know that the night belonged to such creatures.

All he remembered were the yellow eyes and the pain ? the pain as fangs tore through his throat. He had struggled with all his might and had managed to bite down on his attacker but it was too late, he had felt the blood flow from his throat, his pulse slowing down. He had woken up two days later in the Sunnydale dump. No one had found him, no one knew where to look. He was re-born, power coursed through him. He was vengefulness personified.

Donald Robert Maclay touched his face, feeling the ridges and bumps and fangs. Smiling to himself, he realized that his visage now truly reflected his heart and for that he was pleased.

-----------------------------

You must think that something is happening with you, that life has not forgotten you, that it holds you in its hand; It will not let you fall

Edited by: jomarch at: 4/4/02 4:32:41 pm

Post subject: Re: FIC - Left Of Center
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:05 pm 
Woo hoo!!! Jomarch's new fic! My God, you're fast. During the whole first half I LOL so many times! - "Good Lord, I'm a watcher" - :lol The whole Powerpuff t-shirt exchange - :lol And Willow's family welcoming Tara (Tracy - hee hee) :love

But the end - OH MY GOD!!!!! (I actually exclaimed that several times) *THUD - Pixie falls over into her piles of panties. After a moment, one hand reaches up clutching a pair and zings it over to Asia.*

Post subject: Left Of Center
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:24 pm 
Definetly like where this fic could go... great beginning and now to wait at least a week for an update * pout *

Post subject: Re: Left Of Center
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:49 pm 
Ooooo, Donny.

Intriguing ....

... want more. I guess I'll have to re-read the preceding one again to bide my time.

JD

...but if I did call, she wouldn't hang up on me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:54 pm 
Oh, Jomarch, Jomarch! (actually got this big operatic thing in my head when I saw that this was up. something... your name instead of Mozart's. completely incoherent opera i saw in st. petersburg, and i hope nothing bad happens to you like to w.a.m. but that's just the music i got... in my head... which is babbling now. stop.) I'm Just So Excited!!!!!

YAY!

I want to rent one of those airplanes that makes smoky messages in the sky, and tell the world. Really, I do! I think I probably already told you all about all the stuff I like in here. ditto for what pixie said. ... and it's so scary! I love it!

To Martians: hi. look! more! (*panting like a happy puppy, as if to say, "see? I'm a good beta! nudging jomarch and all. you should probably pet me or give me a treat now...")

Joking aside, please let me know if there's anything that annoys you about my betaing. (ok. I'm weird. i know) thanks.

Post subject: Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:03 pm 
*Pixie* - Glad the first half of it made you laugh. Sory about the *thud* and thanks for more panties. They are definitely going up next to the Jasper John's prints in the office. My admin assistant be damned..

*Oriyon* - Actually part 2 is done and should be posted in the next few days :) .

*jdcioffi* - wow, you're actually going to read the other one again. Thanks!

*Owl* - Firstly, there is NOTHING about your beta'ing I don't like. I'm just glad you haven't changed your e-mail address on me :) .

You must think that something is happening with you, that life has not forgotten you, that it holds you in its hand; It will not let you fall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:15 pm 
Oh I said I would look out for your name next to a new fic and you don't disappoint. Great start and I look forward to the next part, I never did like Donny though.

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:54 pm 
NEw Jo Fic!!! YAY! :bounce :bounce :bounce

This is great!

I´m just a little :( for the bad news.... but again, YAY!

"I'm a breast gal myself, but then again you knew that..."

"I'm a rebel! I'm having a rebellion!"

Willow & Tara´s magic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:47 pm 
love the new fic :bounce

first part was really funny, especially Dawn's line “But it’s a Buttercup t-shirt and she’s the meanie” when commenting on Willow's T-shirt. It's fitting that Donny is now a vamp since he was such an a-hole in "Family"

"Perhaps we should just leave nature alone to its simple, one-assed schematics."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:00 pm 
It's so good that you started writing immediately after finishing your other fic. I really enjoyed that. And this one looks great. You've managed to hook everyone right away with the introduction of Donny. That's so great. And you know what I thought? Yeah, he's stupid enough to get himself vamped. :lol

----------
Hey Grrrrlfriend! Yoo hoo! Over here! It's me...Flaming Joel!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:58 pm 
jomarch has a new fic up! jomarch has a new fic up! jomarch has a new fic up! jomarch has a new fic up! :bounce

*stops looks around and blushes*

oh, everyone new that huh? oopsie.

"I just said Good Lord..." hee hee... love it love it love it...

hmmm... donnie... verrrry interesting.... i cant wait to see where this goes....

BT

>>i'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back...<<

Post subject: Thanks for the feedback
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:58 pm 
*puff* - hi Puff, nice to see your name again. Hope you likethis story as well.

*Willow wtch* - hi sweetie! glad you're happy. What bad news???

*Grimaldi* - I just want to say that I know the powerpuff girls on account of watching them with my nieces. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

*Tommo* - Thank you for the kind words and btw, chapter 2 is all your influence. And, yup, that donny boy was none too bright but as a vampire....

*bulldog tidnab* - well, i hope I know where it's going too :) ....

Ok, I guess I just wanted to add that I always thought that Donny was just not too bright and kind of one dimensional in the show.

He came across as mean and cunning and was liable to lash out given the chance.

So as a vampire, those qualities would just be his focal point. I just kept imagining him with time on his hands and just one thing on his mind and this is the result. Does that make sense????

maybe this should be quiet time. Ok, I'm going back to doing a business proposal now. Thanks again for reading.

Post subject: Left of Center
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:19 pm 
Oh, Jomarch, what can I say...DAMN!!!! Well, not one of my more eloquent feedbacks but I am at a loss for words. This is great. I love the t-shirts(cool monster fighting gear). The unexpected twist at the end was well...*smacks head on keyboard*..Sorry, promise I won't do that again... Keep going.. I live for this.

"We few, we happy few."
"We band of buggered."

Post subject: Woo!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:25 pm 
Woo! And hoo! A new fic! Woo again! This has me hooked, already... ooooh... Donny... *shudder* But yay that you're writing a new fic! Yeeha! And now I need to quell my exuberance to go read The Outsider. Ah well... woo!

Jae :)

Post subject: Re: Woo!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:31 pm 
Hey guys, nice to hear from you too..

*Drakkenfyre* - Sweetie, one of these days, my disclaimer will definitely read - no kittens should hurt themselves after reading fic. Thanks for the kind words as usual.

*Jae* - Hi, I see you're all registered. Thanks for the Woo and Hoo. I don't think I've put in any Sondheim references knowingly but if I do, you'll probably spot them.

So what song did you pick???? and is there going to be a recording???? If you need anymore help, just e-mail me again. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:46 pm 
Quote:
The bad news is that I am going away for two and a half weeks (10th April to 28th April). I have been forbidden to take my laptop and handphone as I am a certified workaholic and therefore check my work e-mails incessantly and work at all hours of the day on account of the insomnia

That bad news... :b

Willow & Tara´s magic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:05 pm 
Well, I have a deal with Owl, I will send her 3 updates before I leave and she can post them on the board when I'm away. Now, I just have to write them :)

Wish me luck!

Post subject: YAY!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:14 pm 
:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

That´s great!

Willow & Tara´s magic

Post subject: Re: Left of Center
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:30 pm 
Well jomarch, I didn't have to wait very long for your second fic and I'm delighted, even if you will be out of town for awhile. Cool suprise with Donny, but I really do hate him. I have a feeling you're gonna make me loathe him even more.

She's my everything!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:54 pm 
Jomarch, while I'm all shivery and giggly about a new story from you, you're making some other kitten, who perhaps promised to research and write a fic under duress from a loud disembodied voice, look bad.

*Canadian Kitty scurries off to write, mumbling something about keeping her mouth shut about new fics until she has them written.*

This has the makings of another great story jomarch. I can't wait.

CK

"You wanna go out sometime, for coffee, food, kisses and gay love?" Willow- Normal Again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:13 pm 
Hey Sweetie, okay, I promise not to hit my head on the keyboard anymore.*scuffs at floor*. I hope you have a great trip. Whiskey and golf..hmm. I'm more a beer and volleyball girl myself.Thanks for posting another wonderful story and I can't wait for the updates.. :grin

"We few, we happy few."
"We band of buggered."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:58 pm 
Oh wow!! A bright, shiny new fic from jomarch! yay! And this hooked me right in right away. So very good. But oh yeah,... Donny would be stupid enough to get himself vamped, wouldn't he? :)

Looking forward to part two if your comment about "inspiration from Ruth" is any indication. :grin

--------------------------------

"Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind." - Glory

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:37 pm 
Jomarch - Thank you for posting the begining! I have a Power Puff Girls calender hanging in my bedroom, so lets just say that you had me at hello.

Donny's a bastard, and stupid to boot. But a welcome addition to your universe. Can't wait to see where you take this.

TARA: Willow and I always know how to find each other!

ANYA: With yoga?

Post subject: Re: Yay Jomarch!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:10 am 
Hey Jomarch - see how many Martians you have!!! 0] 0] 0] You rock! And the next chapter is influenced by Ruth?!?! *swoon* Wow.

Quote:
Originally posted by Owl:

To Martians: hi. look! more! (*panting like a happy puppy, as if to say, "see? I'm a good beta! nudging jomarch and all. you should probably pet me or give me a treat now...";)

Sure, mein gishmockeh maydeleh. What kind of treat would you like? :grin (btw, thanks for the message. I'll get back to you tomorrow. Must catch up on fic!)

Edited by: Pixie gishmock at: 4/4/02 10:14:37 pm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:29 am 
New fic! New fic! :bounce

Loved the first part. The story looks very promising... but then, it's *you* writing, so of course it'd look promising, duh!

Thank you for all your planning and efforts. It's very nice of you to think about us while going on vacation. And I surely hope you get a lot of sleep there! :)

Sheila

Willow: "If you felt lost and alone? Where would you go?"

Tara:"To you."

Post subject: More Feedback, cool!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:53 am 
*Tiggrscorpio* - Well, I'm beginning to loathe writing him but that's my fault for including him in the first place

*CK* - Hi Sweetie. Disembodied voice is still waiting and now has grown legs and is tapping them as we speak. I really am looking forward to your story. Please write. I want to read it when I get back.

*Drakkenfyre* - I like beer and volleyball too. Well the beer anyway. I promise 2 updates more before the 10th and then 3 updates from the 10th to the 28th. But I really have to write those first. Just no hitting head on keyboard!

*LeatherQueen* - Well influenced by Ruth and writing 1/10th as good as Ruth are two different things. But a gal's gotta try. :)

*Bobos Mom* - sniff, sniff, you had me at hello....Go Buttercup, go Blossom, go Bubbles. Again, I add that I watch on account of my nieces :) . And face it mojo jojo!

*Pixie* my sweet - Don't give me performance anxiety. Like I told LQ, if only I could write like Ruth!

*sheila wt* - Thank you for all your kind words and I am hoping the insomnia does last for the next few days so I can write the 3 parts to post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:29 am 
wootwoot!

brand spankin new one.

now you know that this one has to live up to the stupendously high standard that you set in your other one..hehe..

no pressure. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:45 am 
Jomarch, you're so bloody modest! Dear lord! ;)

Guys, you can look forward to the next part with confidence. Written in Jomarch's own unique and special way - and just right because of it... shutting up now. Yay, Jomarch.

Pixie: surprise me! *wicked grin*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:57 am 
Owl, I have a surprise for you! I just installed Yahoo IM. I tried to find you, but I'm not having any luck. I'm one clueless smitten-martian (smartian? smarty-pants? Dear Lord!) I'm still online if you can help me here.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:01 am 
gah! you went away!

Jomarch... edit coming your way soon, beliebt schreiber. (beloved writer)

Edited by: Owl at: 4/5/02 1:05:05 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next