The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unparalleled Love
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:31 am 
Holy frickity crap!

This is my first post responding to a fic and I joined this board because I had to reply to your story. It's amazing! I should have expected it, but no...I think I'm still in shock and therefore I can't function.

First you had me bawling over "dead Willow" and Tara's goodbye and then you clobber us with baby news. All I can think to say is thank you for writing this story and please update ASAP. I salute you!:clap :bow

Post subject: Re: Unparalleled Love/Chapter 6
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:40 am 
Holy Katzenjammer Kids, Batman! Pregnant?!?!? What a bomb to drop at that moment. I am so loving this fic. The pain is visceral, the love is new and potent and real without being too mushy. And now we have baby to make three. Finding your love and soulmate, becoming pregnant and then watching her die to save you and the baby. Damn, no wonder Tara wanted to die when first arriving in this world. Explains a lot, and now the plot really thickens. Update, please! On second thought, take your time. Fics this good shouldn't be rushed.

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. Woody Allen (1935 - )

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:47 am 
Unparalleled Love

Author : Lovers4Ever

Feedback: Is there a 12-step program to wean me off this stuff when the story is completed? You guys are great!

Distribution: Just let me know first.

Spoilers: This story takes place shortly after the conclusion of the last season of BtVS, season 7. There’s an ever so slight crossover with Angel.

Rating: R

Pairing: W/T

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters or the English language, but I have fun playing with each, in a non-profit kind of way.

Summary: This is a highly angsty story of reunion and healing. It starts a few months after the last season of Buffy. There’s a lot of emotional bloodletting, as it were, but there will be warm fuzzies in the end. Really. Also, there’s a slight diversion from canon: for purposes of this story (and my own psyche.)

TKOLove makes me look gooder than I am. (See how much I need you?)

Unparalleled Love

Chapter Six

Tara locked the door to her room. She didn’t know how long this was going to take, but outside interruptions just couldn’t happen, not to mention how impossible everything would be to explain.

The blinds were closed and candles dotted the room. She didn’t ask how Willow procured candles on such short notice. It just meant a lot to Tara that Willow was so willing to help.

Walking back to the bed, Tara looked down at Willow’s supine form. “Are you sure you’re okay with this? I’ve never performed this spell –“

Willow cut her off, just as she’d cut off “her” Tara so many spells ago, “I trust you.”

Tara felt her heart constrict as she looked down at Willow. Tara's lips were tense with unspoken emotion. There were so many words of gratitude she wanted to utter. She didn’t know what it was that she felt for this Willow but if it wasn’t love, it was whatever the next closest thing would be. Only someone this connected would allow Tara to do this to her.

Willow could see how hard this was for Tara and she wanted to ease the pain. She felt an outpouring of affection coming from Tara and it made her feel so peaceful. She hadn’t felt peace like this since her Tara had been alive. She wished she could pour it in a cup and let this Tara have a sip or a big fat gulp. Tara's expression conveyed everything to Willow. Before she had a chance to say anything, Tara was stopped by Willow's raised hand.

“I know,” Willow said.

And she did.

Tara lit another candle and tried to keep her voice light. “It shouldn’t hurt and it’ll be easy to bring you around. It’ll just be a very deep sleep, but you’ll be completely unresponsive and ‘dead’ for this purpose. I wouldn’t let anything hurt you. I just need to do this.”

“I know. Stop with the stall tactics, Missy.” With that, Willow relaxed and melodramatically crossed her hands over her chest. Tara couldn’t help but giggle nervously.

“Too much, huh?” Willow asked moving her arms again and placing them at her sides.

One last time, Tara looked down at Willow. She offered what she hoped was a reassuring smile and then waved a hand over Willow’s body as she uttered, “Lethargus.”

Tara closed her eyes and forced herself to imagine her dead lover in front of her. Graphic scenes of her girlfriend’s death pummelled Tara’s brain. The demon suddenly there grabbing for Tara, Willow pushing her out of the way and the cracking sound as Willow’s neck was snapped. Tara felt the demon’s talons slicing through her legs as she was picked up and then thrown against the side of a building. She crawled toward her lover’s lifeless form just as the pain in her head made everything go black.

“I’m scared, Willow,” Tara sounded more like a little girl than a grown woman. She opened her eyes to gaze at Willow’s motionless form on the bed. “I’m so scared.” She gently picked up Willow’s limp hand and held the palm against her own cheek, now wet with tears. “You didn’t have to be so damn brave. Our story wasn’t finished yet. Remember your dream? We were so close.” Tara moved Willow’s hand from her face and placed it over her pained heart. “How does my heart live without yours?”

With her free hand, Tara touched Willow’s soft copper locks trying to remember the last time they’d made love, the last time she entangled her hands in Willow’s hair. Her hand then caressed her girlfriend’s exquisite forehead, cheekbone and jaw. Each breath of Tara’s came out in a shallow stutter. She wasn’t a woman prone to histrionics. Sorrow resonated from her body like the hum from a tuning fork. It’s like she was preordained to deal with happiness in small doses and sadness in large quantities. Her childhood was nothing short of deplorable and she’d had to deal with one death after another, starting with her mother. Willow’s love enabled Tara to feel worthy of happiness. And now, would the memory of love be enough?

“Oooh, wear that one. You look like quite the hottie-tottie in that,” Willow said to Tara who was trying to decide what to wear to the Bronze that night. Tara just blushed and rolled her eyes. Willow dropped the discussion and stared at Tara for a moment while Tara picked out shoes. She could tell Willow was thinking about something. She loved the logical way Willow’s head worked. Willow helped her fill in the incomprehensible parts of her life with sensible possibilities.

“Tara?”

“Yes.”

Willow climbed off the bed and stood next to Tara, purposely avoiding physical contact so Tara would know she was serious and not just flirting. “Do I seem like a liar to you?”

“No!” Tara was completely dumbfounded by this question.

“Okay, good ‘cuz I’m not. And am I less smart than the average sponge?”

“What? Are you just fishing for compliments here, because you know you’re the smartest person I’ve ever met. What’s going on, Willow?”

Willow stepped closer, put her hands on Tara’s hips and looked deep into her eyes. In a voice that lovers reserve only for each other, Willow asked, “Baby, if you think I’m honest and smart and all that, why won’t you believe me when I tell you how beautiful and sexy you are?”

Tara put her hands on Willow’s shoulders and pressed their foreheads together. Then, unable to stop herself, she started to cry. Willow pulled her close and they stood that way in front of the closet, each glad to have lost their heart to the other. With her head resting on Tara’s shoulder, Willow continued. “You’ll always be the standard by which I judge all others, and no one else comes close.”

“But,” Tara finally said, “You’re the perfect package, not me. It’s easy to see why anyone would be attracted to you. I know I shouldn’t, but I keep thinking in the back of my head –“

“What?” Willow countered. “That this introverted computer geek with a social circle that includes more dead that undead is some kind of prize and you’re unworthy? Puhleeease.” Willow sighed and softly fondled Tara’s cheek with her lips. Pulling back, she said, “Let’s compromise, shall we? You work harder at seeing yourself the way I see you, and I’ll work harder at… catching you naked.”

“Willow!”

“You’re sexy when you’re perturbed.”

Tara stared hard at Willow, not knowing what the right response would be. Is this another test to see if she believed Willow? “You really think I’m sexy?” Tara was close to acceptance of this statement.

“Yes. And if, for some reason, I'm not around to remind you, please don’t forget that you’re easily the sexiest, most beautiful person that ever graced my life.” Willow’s hands then moved to untie the belt of Tara’s robe. “And about that naked part…“

Tara thought of this memory and was struck by the fact that she'd now had two Willows tell her she's beautiful. "You're not here to remind me, and yet you are. Wherever you are, Sweetheart, please know I'll always love you." Tara placed Willow's hand back on the bed. She ran the pads of her fingertips over Willow's eyelids thinking of her lover's wondrous green eyes. Then she bent over and tenderly kissed her lover good-bye.

Meanwhile…under Tara's spell, Willow’s unconscious mind took her on a journey.

Willow found herself in an unfamiliar room. She was looking out a picture window into someone's backyard. The scene started to look familiar as she heard Tara's voice beside her.

"Do you know where we are?" she asked.

"It's the dream I had, isn't it?" Willow wondered.

"Yes."

Tara slipped her hand into Willow's.

Still looking out the window, Willow questioned, "You're out there and you're in here. Which one of you is my Tara?"

"What does your heart tell you?” Tara asked.

"My heart is confused. It wants to love every Tara on the block." Willow answered, exasperated.

"And I want to love every Willow I find." Tara stated matter-of-factly.

Turning away from the scene unfolding outside, Willow held Tara close. She ran her hands over Tara's back and nuzzled her neck. Their lips found each other and Willow felt her soul leap with joy. There was music in her head, an angel's chorus and fireworks all at once. Then Willow remembered it was a dream and started to cry, not wanting to break the kiss because that's usually when she woke up.

Tara pulled back and looked into Willow's emerald eyes while rubbing the tears away with her thumbs. "Don't cry, sweetie."

"But it's so hard without you. I'm worried I'll forget."

Still holding Willow's face in her hands, Tara smiled. "Do you really think that could ever happen?"

And suddenly Willow felt contentment. Of course, she could never forget. Never.

When the fog cleared in her head, Willow remembered where she was. She was in Tara's recovery bed pretending to be dead so that Tara could say good-bye to her dead lover. Willow's lips were tingling from a recent kiss.

She thought she was alone until she heard Tara sobbing on the floor in the corner. Without stopping to think what was right or wrong, Willow went to Tara. She kneeled next to her and cradled Tara in her arms. Together they rocked and shuddered their grief from one body to the other and back again until it was suffused into one shared heartache.

Her voice strangled, Tara blurted out, "I'm so worried I'll forget."

"Do you really think that could ever happen?"

Shadows lengthened, meals were skipped and still the two women clung to each other on that recovery room floor. A strong knock on the door from the nurse startled both of them.

"Oh, I forgot to unlock the door after…,” Tara said.

Willow helped Tara to her feet and opened the door for the nurse.

"I let you sleep through lunch but you've got to eat. Can I bring you something? Have you taken your shower today?" The woman’s abrupt demeanor put Willow off, but it didn't seem to faze Tara.

Without even consulting Tara, Willow piped up. "I'll make sure she eats and she'll take care of the hygiene, okay?" The nurse harrumphed her way out of the room. Tara and Willow looked at each other and felt a mutual difference in their interaction. Things weren't going to be okay anytime soon, but a tacit agreement had been reached that neither had to go through this alone.

"Don't let the nurse bother you. I'm released from doctor's care after tonight." Tara said. It was a casual remark that started both women thinking of what was going to happen after that night, but neither was up to talking about it at the moment.

"Get going on that shower. Otherwise I worry Miss Bossy Pants is going to rough me up. I should probably freshen up, too. I'll leave you alone –“

"P-Please don't. I mean, can you stick around for a while? You can check in with Buffy. Maybe they have dinner plans."

Willow smiled broadly and agreed. "Okay, sure. While you're following nurse's orders, I'll call the Scoobies." Willow knew her face must look puffy from all the crying and her body was stiff from kneeling on the floor for so long, but she couldn't wipe the relaxed smile off her face. She called the gang and they arranged to meet for dinner later.

A short time later, Tara came out of the bathroom wearing the clothes Willow had brought.

"You look great. Feel better?" Willow asked.

"Much. Did you check in with Buffy?"

"Yeah, they’re ordering pizza even as I speak. And speaking of speaking, I've got a little spiel I've been working on that I need to deliver," Willow ventured nervously.

"I'm intrigued," Tara said, raising her eyebrows. She sat in a chair combing out her hair while Willow paced back and forth.

"Okay, here's the thing, I want to ask you what your plans are but I also want to tell you what your plans are. Technically, you don't exist in this world. Okay, that was a "duh" statement. I can fix that, if you want. Sunnydale is toast so no one would look askance if, say, a dead Tara Maclay was suddenly alive again in everyone's database."

Tara was listening with a bemused smile, trying to concentrate on what Willow was saying and not on how adorable she was at this moment.

"And then what?" Tara asked.

"Well," Willow went on, "this is where I tell you what your plans are, or should be, anyway." Willow stopped pacing and pulled a chair over so she could sit in front of Tara. "I want to take care of you. Well, not just me. We all want to take care of you. We talked about this a lot last night. Xander says you can stay at his house. There's lots of room. Okay, there's a spare room with a cool set of bunk beds that Xander custom made for a client who could only pay with monopoly money. Dawn also offered her bedroom."

Tara was about to speak, but Willow wasn't going to give her the chance until she was good and finished.

"And I've been contacted by scads of contract programming places. They want to pay me an obscene salary, and I haven’t even gotten around to finishing my bachelor's degree yet!" Tara tried to cut in again, but Willow was insistent. "No, wait. Just let me finish. You wouldn't have to stay with Xander indefinitely. I could easily get you someplace else. You could live in another state, anywhere you want. You don't have to answer right away. This is your life, obviously. Your choice, even more obviously. We all want to do this. Please let us do this."

Tara looked away for a moment and then back up at Willow, whose expression vacillated between resolve face and I'm-this-close-to-losing-it face. "You don't know what you're asking for, any of you." Tara finally answered.

"Sure we do. We've all had to take care of each other at one time or other. The big difference here is that we won't be fending off hell spawn while we set you up with a life."

"No, and believe me, I see that for the perk it is. But, this offer still isn't what you bargained for." Tara said, cocking her head to one side.

"Well, clue me in." Willow urged.

"I'm pregnant.”

TBC

Edited by: Warduke at: 4/18/04 10:08 am

Post subject: feedbacky
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:20 am 
Pregnant???

I...I...ummm...ergh...can't write...

*takes deep breath*

Okay, that's better, when Washi told me that the ending was a shocker in the chatroom, she had NO idea what she was talking about! Damn, that was amazing!

Please, I beg of you, don't keep us readers hanging...can you try to update soon? :wink Amazing update!:applause

Post subject: Re: feedbacky
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:35 am 
DUDE!!!!!!!!

Holy .........First you made me cry again.....then you made me all with the ....:shock :shock :shock :shock :shock :shock :shock

Washi did say it was shocking.....still I DIDN'T expect that... once again....lol. But I guess it is a good thing.....that she's pregnant I mean.....

I really loved it how each of them got a chance to say goodbye to their lover....it was really touching.... And Willow repeating Tara's ("her" Tara) words was brilliant... and Tara repeating Willow's words....it shows the difference between two Taras.....at least in my book....

You have to update soonish....!!!!! I mean come on!!!

oh...btw...whatever I had in my mind for Tara's words that Willow needs to die....nothing was correct:cry Oh well it makes it even more intresting...:grin .

Update soonish....How can we bribe you?;) :flirt :flirt

Great stuff, thank you!

:peace :heart

M.

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

"I want to go back to...Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all.."(c) Evanescence

"I'm sorry..."- Me " You are NOT sorry" -Holly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:07 am 
:shock :thud i believe you have left me speechless

more soon?? :pray :pray :pray

Gina

----------

"I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time." ~~~ Charlie Brown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:38 am 
Oh.. my... God...:thud

This just keeps getting better and better...:bounce

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:05 am 
That was just sensational :applause :bounce

So well written I can just imagine the look on Willows face after that little revelation.

Jill

~~~~~~~~

Willow - Say, you all didn't happen to do a bunch of drugs did ya?

My Home Page | Amber Powered

“Bite me” - the general, all-purpose response suitable for all occasions.

Post subject: of all the boards in the world... you had to post in mine
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:37 am 
:shock

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

you stopped there?!?!?!? you evil, evil... guh...

fantastic update as always... i didn't think i could love this fic anymore than I already do, but with every new update I just can't help myself. I love that willow and tara always knows what the other needs, whether it be time or space or even the necessity of goodbye.

still bitter about the evilness of cliffhangers,

-spud

:pray for update soonish yeah?

Post subject: Re: of all the boards in the world... you had to post in min
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:00 pm 
This is an amazing story! While painful to read, due to the subject matter, you handle everything beautifully. I can't wait to see how everything unfolds. You totally floored me (and probably everyone else) with that last little revelation, so I hope you update soon before we keel over from the anticipation. :lol

-Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:17 pm 
AAwwww.... Tara saying goodbye to 'her' Willow was so sad and sweet at the same time. Of course it was more a sort of closure for Tara than for 'her' Willow since she really wasn't there, not even as a summoned spirit (which I kind of expected at first).

Hardly surprising Willow would want to help Tara do this, she would do almost anything to help Tara... 'hers' or not. Cute line where Willow says her heart wants to love all Taras in this world :) . Yep, Tara now has two Willow who have told her she's beautifull... eventually she'll get the point, heh.

About that pregnancy, I sure hope the docter who examined Tara knew and checked her thoroughly. Willow would always protect Tara like she did when that demon attacked, but the baby sure upped the motivation for that move. True, Willow didn't have to be so hero-like... but thats basicly how she acts. Still can't be fun to sleep at night when your lover was murdered in front of you, which goes for both of them :cry .

Neither of them wants to forget 'their' lover yet they feel pulled towards each other already. Tough situation.

And no, this update did soooo not dissappoint :) Where-ever would you get such an idea anyway ??

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Post subject: Re: Unparalleled Love
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:47 pm 
Oh my god! I can't believe you left it at that! Excellent update. You continue to captivate me with this story. I look forward to your next update!

Julie

Buffy: Maybe it's time to start a new tradition. Birthdays without boyfriends. It could be just as much fun.

Willow: Preaching to the choir here, baby.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:12 pm 
well

I really don't know what to say...please read PREVIOUS POST!

It's really beautiful.

and I'm like very close to shout : i KNOW IT'S A LONG AND IMPORTANT PROCESS BUT CAN WE JUST SKIP IT??? CAN THEY BE TOGETHER NOW???

And she's pregnant?? way cool!!! That means she SHOULD BE WITH WILLOW!

I loved dream-Tara's words, I love all the Willows I can get! or something akin to that... Dream Tara being Willow's Tara, she's right with her piece of advice!

Hope our heroes follow it soon!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:50 am 
Excellent update! Please keep up the good work! Can't wait to read more!

Happy Holidays!

-Cin aka FIRESIGN:applause

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:32 am 
Arwen276: Patient, aren't we?

Lovers4ever: I cannot say enough how much I absolutely love this fic of yours. It simply isn't possible. You capture the emotions of our two girls beautifully: Each is mourning for the loss of the other and yet at the same time are trying to define their "new" relationship. I absolutely love it.

I also deeply admire your courage, as this is relatively uncharted territory that you're writing into: The only fics that I can think of that rival this one in emotional intensity, quality of writing and story/character development are The Dark Rose by DarkMagickWillow, Tempus Fugit (S7) by lipkandy, Doppelganger Redux by technopagan78, Paths Diverged/Divulged by JustSkipIt (and at least one other fic, the name of which eludes me at the moment) -- except for the fact that in said fics, only Willow has witnessed Tara's death and not the other way around -- and Hotel Kilo 2-2 by jixer: A fic in which both Willow and Tara have seen their respective lovers killed, except that in the end the "old" Tara was reunited with the "old" Willow. So, really, the concept of the two lovers who are both grieving for the other's double and yet attracted to each other romantically has never been fully brought to fruition. I eagerly await to see how you will explore this new territory.

Oh, and btw, about Tara being pregenant: HUH??? Say that again? Oh. Ok. HUUUUH??? How'd THAT happen???

Were Willow and Tara not practicing safe sex again?

Well, if it IS both Willow and Tara's, then we know that our two girls will soon become our three girls (y'know, because of the whole "double "X" chromisome" thingy)

Anyways, that's enough out of my blow hole. How about you shut me up with, say, an update?

Thanks for writing your wonderful stuff, and also for reading my fluffy (if well intentioned) praise of said wonderful stuff

Bye!

(edited [12/16/03 at 6:03 pm] because, as Jenpurr pointed out, I can't keep track of all the authors that I cited )

(edited AGAIN [12/23/03 at 4:36 am] to say that I spent 4 hours working on a rudamentary (relatively so, considering that I was doing my work on paper and then transcribing it to an Excel file and not using any REALLY fancy probability techniques about which i have no clue whatsoever) mathematical proof stating that you would update today (well, yesterday now), but you haven't, and now I'm stuck on the fourth point out of the five and forget the seventh cause you can't have seven without six and you sure as heckfire can't have it without five, and...

and I'll shut up now

for any of you math geniuses out there who's kind interested by my insane babbling and would like to take a look at my proof and point out my mistake, give me a buzz and I'll explain in what I hope will be a semi-coherent fashion )

---------------------------------

There she is! There she is... ahh... Not so wounded as we were led to believe... So much the better.
--Khan, "Star Trek II: WOK"

From The Land of Tolerance,

---The Texan Zeppo

Edited by: TexanZeppo256 at: 12/24/03 4:36 am

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:53 am 
Ryan,

Pardon my intruding on your message, but, "The Dark Rose," was written by darkmagicwillow.

Jen

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Amber and I were sort of in the same position as Willow and Tara in that for the longest time we weren't sure what was going on...Then finally it was, "Great! It's official. We're in luurrvvve." ~ Alyson Hannigan

Edited by: Jennpurr at: 12/16/03 5:57 pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:18 am 
WOW!!! That was so awesome.

Pregnant!!!!

Can't wait for more.:D

- - - - - - - - The greatest human accomplishment is being able to go to ones grave knowing that at some point in your life you loved someone completely............... that and that you had some good fucks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:14 am 
WHY??? OH, JUST TELL ME WHY??? Why would it go so well, them having the bonding on the floor, rocking each others tears away. Having them, talk and not feel so distant. Having Willow WANT to go out of her way to give Tara a life. And THEN, SHE'S PREGNANT!?!?!?! HOLY MOLY ~~calming down now~~ WOO HOO, that was amazing. Each and every update, just keeps getting better and better. And then, this twist. Awesome!!! I'm not a huge fan of cliffhangers, being that they can drive me out of my mind, heehee. I love this one, :D . Okay, enough talking, gimme gimme gimme, another update please??? =)

Aaron

'TaraBaby77'

"It's about two people,
regardless of sex, who love each other and treat each other with compassion and
respect."

Edited by: TaraBaby77 at: 12/16/03 9:15 pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:53 am 
Hi,
Stupendous,awe inspiring, phenomenal...they are not enough accolades to do justice to this work.Terrific piece of story telling it runs the entire gamut of human emotions with many delightful twists and turns.BRAVO!!!More please very soon.Happy Holidays.
Be well,Karen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:07 pm 
Wow....Talk about a surprise! Guess that's why I like this fic so much. Can hardly wait to see what Willow's reaction will be to this.

:hmm Could this child be the "other" Willow's?? :D

BV

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before"-Mae West

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:19 pm 
Wow! :eek :eek :eek

What an ending to this part! :eek :eek :eek

What else can I say? :eek

It is an excellent story :bow :pride

To accumulate merit and wisdom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:03 am 
What?!!

hi lovers4ever

WHAT WAS THAT?!!

nice to meet you i'm thebardgirl...err....that's obvious, i mean, with the heading thingymabob and all, what i meant was i'm elizabeth, *holds out hand to be shaken or rejected depending on mood of writer* and i've been reading this for a while, stunned at every update, only to be slow and not reply before the next update.

First she's Tara, now she's MOTHER FRIGGIN GOOSE???!!!

i'm really enjoying your fic, it's quite the heart-breaker...truly....at the same time, my alternate personality, which shall remain nameless, has some issues with the little tactic of cliff-hangers...

NO! NO NO NO NO NO!!! YOU DON'T WALK AWAY...GET BACK HERE AND FINISH THE DAMN CHAPTER!

so, thanks for writing, it's a pleasure to read, quite fab.

Fabulously EVIL.

So, nice to meet yah, and have a swell holiday or wintery weeks...

Merry #%@!-ing Holidays...

cheers!

-elizabeth

slanch!

-evil elizabeth (oops...no longer nameless..)

Last night in sweet slumber I dreamed I did see my own precious jewel sat smiling by me.

And when I awakened I found it not so; my eyes like some fountain with tears overflowed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:57 am 
Quote:
Willow stepped closer, put her hands on Tara’s hips and looked deep into her eyes. In a voice that lovers reserve only for each other, Willow asked, “Baby, if you think I’m honest and smart and all that, why won’t you believe me when I tell you how beautiful and sexy you are?”

MMmmm. Great reference to the "lovers only" voice. And being told you're sexy and beautiful by the love of your life -- is there any greater pleasure? (It's probably best that no one on this board answers that.) :wink

Quote:
“Let’s compromise, shall we? You work harder at seeing yourself the way I see you, and I’ll work harder at… catching you naked.”

“Willow!”

“You’re sexy when you’re perturbed.”

Your humor. It should be bottled and sold at fine retail outlets worldwide. This playful banter is one of my favorite things about your fic and W/T in general.

The pregnancy was such a terrific twist! I love it when an author can make me question my own eyeballs. I had to read Tara's disclosure twice before it sunk in. Lovers4ever, this was another super chapter. Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to chapter 7.

*Edited because my Freudian slip was showing.

...when we find That Kind of Love...

Edited by: TKOLove at: 12/20/03 4:14 pm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:59 pm 
cannot wait much longer...MORE...PLEASE!!

:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

I'm gonna help her...even if she never...she's my girl.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:00 pm 
Just read your fic in one sitting... DAMN! Talk about angst baby,:sob this hits you right in the solar plexus:smash Omfff... this story is heart wrenching and it seems to be gaining yet more momentum ( as if that where possible :glasses ) with the stunning:thud revelation of parallel :tara pregnancy:shock ...

This fic is sooo PAINFULLY good, and I'm sooo waiting for that UPDATE...patiently of course :fallen ....NOT!!! lol

:love :love :love :love

Can we just skip it.... Can you just be kissing me now...

:bigkiss

Post subject: Re: Unparalleled Love/Chapter 6/Feedback
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:07 pm 
Now for the fun part, letting you guys know how much you're appreciated!

tinnakaren - I love that you were shocked by the pregnancy. I was trying very hard not to telegraph that plot twist. Glad you're liking the story.

Marilda - I'm glad the recent plot twist left you, um, speechless.

Washi - You jumped from your chair?!? That's incredible. That's one of the many responses I was aiming for.

pookie ray - I cannot cannot cannot tell you how honored I am that you joined the board specifically to comment on my story. I'm glad the story moved you so. Just two more chapters to go. Chapter 7 follows.

TemperedCynic - Again, I'm glad no one saw the pregnancy coming. I'm also glad you don't find the story too mushy. The mush factor had to stay minimal considering how heavy this story can be at times. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Just two more chapters to go!

willow fan7 - You guys were talking about my story in the chatroom? Holy Cow! I'm sorry I've kept you guys hanging this long. Holidays, etc. Chapter 7 is below and I'll try to post the last chapter soon after that.

YMKA - OMG, you cried again? That is so . . . wow. I love that you were surprised by the pregnancy. This probably wasn't soonish enough, the next update follows.

chew 19 - So I'm guessing the baby news surprised you?

allykat - You seemed a little stunned. Happy to hear it. That was the plan.

WillowPowered - Yes, I can just see Willow's face as well. Stunned much?

WiccanSpud - I'm not evil, just trying to hold your interest. You didn't really think Tara wanted Willow dead, now did you?

SuperMandy13 - I hope you haven't keeled over from the anticipation. Thank you for the kind comments. The next chapter is below.

Grimlock72 - I didn't think about summoning Willow's spirit. That would have been good but probably would have put me over the angst limit. I'm so glad you liked the comment about Willow's heart wanting to love every Tara on the block. I don't know why, but that's my favorite line in the entire story.

gottalovewillow - I'm honored that this story has captivated you. The next update is below.

Arwen276 - Not to worry, everything comes out all warm and fuzzy after the next chapter.

FIRESIGN - Thanks for the encouraging words. Next update below.

TexanZeppo256 - You say you can't say enough and then you say a bunch. Thanks. I am in awe of your fanfic knowledge. (Hope you got through that math proof okay).

Jennpurr - Thanks for setting us straight on the fanfic stuff. Love your holiday avatar.

Axel Avalon - So glad I caught you off guard with that last plot twist. You don't have to wait much longer. There's an update below and only one chapter to go after that.

TaraBaby77 - I'm flattered that my story made you un-calm. Hope this cliff hanger didn't drive you out of your mind (too much).

good2cats - Wow! Not enough accolades? You managed to bowl me over with the ones you chose. Thanks!

barnabasvamp - I love that you were surprised by the upcoming baby. Looks like no one saw it coming.

so why so sad - Thanks for the flattering comments.

thebardgirl - Okay, okay, I'm back and with another chapter. You can stop twisting my arm now, especially since I type even slower with only one hand available.

TKOLove - Sounds like you've had the pleasure of being told you're sexy and beautiful by the love of your life. Lucky girl. It's kind of cool that you had to second guess your own eyeballs.

warriorlove - You don't have to wait any longer. The next chapter is below.

Mmmm Amberhand - You seemed to have handled the worst of the angst, so now I'm backing off. Thank you for the complimentary feedback. You'll find the next chapter below.

Post subject: Re: Unparalleled Love/Chapter 7
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:27 pm 
Unparalleled Love

Author : Lovers4Ever

Distribution: Just let me know first.

Spoilers: This story takes place shortly after the conclusion of the last season of BtVS, season 7. There’s an ever so slight crossover with Angel.

Rating: R

Pairing: W/T

Disclaimer: I own no part of these characters - not their history nor their brilliant chemistry, but I do own the joy they bring to me.

Summary: This starts a few months after the last season of Buffy. Also, there’s a slight diversion from canon: for purposes of this story (and my own psyche.)

Thank you, TKOLove, for helping me tame this beast and release it into the wild.

I WISH EVERYONE PEACE AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Unparalleled Love

Chapter Seven

"Pregnant?" Willow squeaked. "You mean the 'with child' kind of pregnant?"

Tara shrugged and smiled in acknowledgement. Willow opened and closed her mouth a few times and finally said, "You…you and she did the ceres suboles spell?"

Again, Tara nodded. As the implications dawned on Willow, her face became a canvas of euphoria. She stood up and placed her hands on Tara's shoulders. "Tara! You're pregnant!" As though this was the first Tara had heard of the news. Willow felt the need for action. She jumped backwards, tripping over the chair. "You need to eat something. We've got to get you vitamins and…and…a doctor or midwife…" She noticed Tara's eyes tearing up and she immediately got quiet and steeled herself for another crying jag. "Tara, what is it?"

"Nothing bad. Just the opposite, really. I was just struck at how wonderful it is to watch you react to the news…twice."

"How far along are you? Do you know when you're due? How do you feel?" Willow had spent many years using her information gathering abilities to fight evil. In more domestic situations, it could be overwhelming.

"Willow, see, this is more than you bargained for."

"Yes, definitely more, but it's that much better. A baby! This changes nothing. Wait until the gang finds out." Now it hit Willow -- how much was at stake and how close they could all be to losing something most special. With glistening eyes, she took one of Tara's hands and said, "Please, please let me do this. Let us do this. Nothing has changed. We all need each other, and you. We need you."

Without hesitation, Tara nodded. They clasped hands and then let go self-consciously. The strange and familiar were melding into unfamiliar territory and neither woman had a road map.

Willow freshened up and they headed to the Scooby suite for dinner.

"Xander," Tara said softly as they entered the hotel room. He met her halfway and shyly wrapped his strong arms around her. She smelled like a fresh shower and try as he might, he could sense no difference between this Tara and the one he knew. Tara glanced up at his good eye and ran her fingers over his patch in a show of intimacy that the Tara he knew would never have shown. He had to remind himself that, in her world, they had fought the last year together side-by-side against The First. What he didn't want to be reminded of was the day he washed the other Tara’s blood off his hands just as the coroner arrived to take her body away. "I'm so sorry about Anya.” Tara said. “I think about her all the time."

"Me too," was all he could think to say. Then he added, "It's good to have another person around who remembers her."

"Yeah," Willow piped in. "Maybe we could have an ‘Anya-isms’ day. We would only speak in Anya quotes…or maybe just insert any inappropriate phrase not really aimed at offending but hitting its mark all the same. Don't look at me that way. It would be in homage."

Buffy rolled her eyes and changed the subject. "The pizza should be here any minute. How ya holding up, Tara?"

Tara just stood staring at each of them, working hard not to be a casualty in a battle between the surreal and the real.

Picking up on how overwhelming this all must be, Buffy motioned for her to sit down on the couch. Dawn was immediately at Tara’s side. Willow sat on Tara’s other side, trying to think of a good time to give everyone Tara's news. It was totally up to Tara, but if there was a way to segue into it, Willow was going to find it.

Xander took a chair and asked, "Tara, has Willow told you of our offer?" Now that he'd actually laid eye and arms on this Tara, he felt more comfortable with the arrangements they came up with the night before.

"Yes. Have you really thought about this?"

"Most definitely. Dawn's already settled in, Buffy's in and out, and Will's thinking of settling in the area. What's one more person? There are worse things than living in a house surrounded by beautiful women."

Tara and Willow shared knowing looks. Tara kept her head down, elbows on her knees trying to decide what to say next. Her hair hung in front of her face and no one could see her expression. They were all trying to be hypersensitive to her needs and emotions. Tara looked at Willow with a questioning look. Willow tried to not explode with the news. "It wouldn't be just one more person."

Tara looked down again, wondering how everyone would react. Willow wanted to put her hand on Tara’s back and remind her that everyone in the room cared about her. She didn’t, though. She wasn’t sure if she had the right to be that physically familiar.

"Are we missing something here?" Buffy finally asked.

"She's pregnant." Willow revealed.

"Pregnant?" Xander was thoroughly confused.

Lifting her head slowly, Tara cautiously glanced around the room. Buffy sat down on the coffee table in front of Tara and smiled. “I don’t know how you feel about it, but I think it’s great.”

“I think it’s great, too,” Tara said in a small voice. The two women hugged and then everyone joined in. Happy tears were shed and a ripple or normalcy worked its way into the room.

Xander's eyebrows were in danger of overlapping. "How does that work?"

"They used a spell, Xander. Don't hurt yourself trying to figure out the specifics," Willow explained.

He was still trying to wrap his mind around this spell-o-baby. "You don't look pregnant. Is this a different, witchy kind of pregnancy? You look normal for a while and then ‘poof’ a baby appears?"

Willow slapped his arm. "No, ya goof. Just the beginning circumstances are different. Everything else is normal." Willow didn't try to hide the happiness she felt over this new development. "Isn't it great?"

The evening dinner was peppered by animated questioning and planning, most of it done by everyone but Tara. She was content to nestle in a cocoon of familiar voices and faces. When it got too overwhelming, she would look at Willow and feel grounded again. It was decided that they would all return to Xander's house the next morning and Tara would move into the room with the bunk beds until Willow made other arrangements for her and the baby. But Xander stated more times than was necessary that there was no hurry for her to move on. And Dawn emphatically seconded the sentiment each and every time he said it. Buffy would double up with Dawn whenever she was in town and Willow offered to take the couch. Whether she admitted it to herself or not, she really wanted to sleep in the top bunk and keep an eye on Tara. Pregnant Tara.

Willow caught Tara's sleepy look just as the meal was winding down and suggested taking her back to her room. They all took the elevator to her floor, walked Tara to her suite door, and made the round of hugs, twice. Dawn, then Willow, then Buffy each offered to stay with Tara until she fell asleep. Xander made a simpler suggestion of having Tara share their suite with them tonight. She wasn't under nurse's care anymore and it would be that much easier to leave in the morning.

"It'll be like a sleepover," Dawn said excitedly.

"Except, unlike other sleepovers, we'll actually let you get tons and tons of sleep. Right guys?" Buffy added forcefully.

They all agreed as they piled back into the elevator and headed back to their room and their shared lives.

True to her word, Willow landed a peachy computer contracting job near Xander's house. She also managed to resurrect Tara’s name in all the usual databases.

Dawn felt like she'd died and gone to heaven, but not at all in the literal manner experienced by her sister. Once Tara felt comfortable enough with Xander's kitchen, she treated Dawn and everyone else to pancakes on demand in all shapes and sizes. A couple of times someone else had to finish the breakfast Tara started when morning sickness kicked in, forcing Tara's hasty departure.

As it turns out, Xander did get much more than he bargained for. He didn’t expect to have his eye replaced or to gain the admiration of every straight male he met…

Tara had heard of a spell that would regenerate body parts. It took a while for Willow to track down the spell book needed. The catch was that Xander was going to have to give up a different body part in exchange for the new eye. The spell translation was difficult and at first it appeared that Xander would have to do without one testicle in order to receive a functioning eye. The thought of what he would be giving up put Xander in a major quandary. And even if he could give one up, which one would it be? Try as they might, none of the women in the house could muster a straight face whenever he cornered them for advice on the matter. Giles, who had been consulted and sent a copy of the spell, finally cracked the language barrier. It was discovered that there were several body part possibilities. Xander considered the list of candidates, grateful that another, less sentimental, part could be sacrificed. After researching the matter with Willow's help, he decided he could get along just fine without his gall bladder. Willow did the spell alone. She was powerful enough and she didn’t want Tara performing any magic while pregnant. They weren’t sure of the risks.

With both eyes functioning properly, Xander could augment his cabinetry income by going back to construction. He soon became an object of respect and awe among the other construction workers when it was discovered that he lived with three, sometimes four, women. Throw in the fact that two of them were lesbians and Xander was clearly living every man’s dream. He failed to mention to any of these men, however, that nothing salacious went on under his roof. He just left it to their imagination.

Buffy continued to search for her spot on the planet. She freely admitted, though, that bounding between the U.S. and England, and training potential slayers beat living on a Hellmouth any day of the week. If she had to consider any place home, it would definitely be Xander’s. She loved stepping into his house and feeling like part of a family. Buffy spent as much time there as she could, not wanting to miss any more of Tara’s pregnancy than was necessary, and she also wanted to be there for Willow in case she needed to talk about anything…most specifically Tara. This new life was bringing them all closer together. It was a new experience for them because, prior to now, it had always been death and usually destruction that caused their bond to strengthen.

The two witches fell into a comfort zone with each other. The Scoobies tried hard not to treat Willow and Tara as a couple, but it wasn’t easy. Tara rarely was seen without Willow. Willow knew Tara best and the affection they felt for each other was obvious. Willow made sure there was a prenatal vitamin next to Tara’s plate every morning at breakfast. She also insisted that they only buy organic groceries to keep Tara and the baby at their healthiest.

Willow also bought a laptop computer and a beautifully bound notebook for Tara’s journaling purposes. Tara only hinted at the destruction and loss visited on her life in the last year. Willow let Tara choose if and when she wanted to open up, and she hoped that giving Tara a way to document her past might help.

Scouring the online realty web sites, Willow tried to find the perfect place for Tara and the baby to live, but either her standards were too high or she didn’t really want Tara to leave, because no house ever seemed right.

Before long, Willow gave up the couch and started sleeping in the bunk above Tara. This was at Tara’s request because she was tired of getting up each night to shake Willow out of her anxiety-ridden dreams. The first time it happened, Tara was roused from her bedroom -- which was closest to the living room in Xander’s one story house -- by the sound of Willow moaning, “I’ve never held one! I’ve never even held one!” It turns out Willow was panicking in her sleep about her lack of baby experience. After going through this two more nights, Tara insisted that Willow sleep right above her for easy waking access.

Tara felt the first twitch of movement from the baby a few weeks after Willow moved into the top bunk. It happened just as they were climbing into their respective beds for the night. From Tara’s reaction, Willow thought something must be wrong and jumped --instead of climbed -- from the top bunk. Without saying anything, Tara placed Willow’s hand on her belly, but by then the movement had ceased. They stood there for a long while, with Willow’s hand on Tara’s belly, waiting for the movement to return. Even when it was clear that the baby was stilled, neither woman moved to separate. Tara suggested that Willow share her bunk with her and sleep with her hand on Tara’s belly so she’d be sure not to miss it the next time. They crawled into the bottom bunk with Willow spooning behind Tara, her hand firmly planted on her pregnant tummy. Both women lay there, completely still with all senses honed in on Tara’s stomach. Just as they started to relax, a twitch was felt by both of them. To Willow, it felt like Tara was being tickled from the inside.

“Does it hurt?” she wanted to know.

“No, not at all. It’s just kind of weird…and wonderful. I guess I’ll get used to it,” Tara replied.

“Wait until you tell everyone the baby’s moving. They’re going to love this. Should I wake them up?”

“Can we wait until tomorrow? Right now, you’re the only one I want to share this with, okay?”

“Okay,” Willow whispered into Tara’s ear. Tara placed her hand over Willow’s hand as it rested on her belly. It was a small thing, really, but the gesture made plain to Willow that Tara wanted her to stay and not return to her own bunk. So she did. They spooned like that every night from then on and Willow missed very few baby kicks.

More than once Buffy found Willow in Xander's kitchen late at night either snacking or preparing something in anticipation of Tara's cravings, which currently included watermelon and black olives, but not served together. During these times, Buffy would nudge Willow into talking about how things were going with her and Tara. Anyone with two eyes, or just one eye, could see how much the witches depended on each other.

"Things are good, comfortable even," Willow told Buffy one late night. "There's something there, though. Something we’re both fighting."

"Fighting? Like what? It's pretty obvious you're sleeping together."

"No carnal knowledge is being exchanged. Really. She knows I like feeling the baby's kicks, is all."

"It's just…I worry about you. Do you feel like she'll stay around after the baby's born?"

"She's the strongest person I've ever known, Buffy, but I think she needs all of us."

"Well, I think it’s the coolest thing on the planet having all of us together like this. With the exception of my mom, I think Tara will be the greatest mom in the history of mom-dom.”

“Me too,” Willow beamed.

“Is it possible the baby could look like you?" Buffy asked.

"I don't know." Willow was stunned by that question. The thought hadn't occurred to her. She had always imagined this child looking like a miniature Tara. “That would just be too weird.”

-Last Chapter to be posted soon

Edited by: Warduke at: 4/18/04 10:07 am

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:40 pm 
Okay, that was a WOOHOO :applause :applause :applause , well deserved!!! Awesome update :banana . I had been waiting for this update, and it was definitely worth the wait. Not that I had any doubt that the scoobies wouldn't accept the fact that Tara was pregnant, but I was kinda scared. But of course, the ALL love her and she is part of their family, no matter if she was from another dimension. Absolutely a beautiful, wonderful, and sweet update. And for the Xander exchange part.... :clap :clap :clap , that was hilarious!!! Anyhoo, I'm not happy the fact that this is almost the end, but I am glad to had experienced this fic. I'm going to so remember it..... =)

Aaron

'TaraBaby77'

"It's about two people,
regardless of sex, who love each other and treat each other with compassion and
respect."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:58 pm 
First order of business, Merry Xmas if you celebrate!

Now let's get back to the fic!

THIS IS WAY COOL!!!

The fast-forward thing is great, not only does it skip the angsty parts, but it gravitates them towards one another quickly!

There's definitely something going on between our two favorite characters!

CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE FINAL CHAPTER!!!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:54 am 
Cool! That was so much fun to read! I mean, not only do you handle the different characters and their progress stories as perfectly as possible, but you've got a fabulous story forming between the plutonic (but really in love) Willow and Tara...it's grand! only, i am sad to read that the next chapter is the last one? such a shame; it's hard to find long, fabulous stories like this...although, if it finishes, i'll understand it was for the good of having the best possible ending....sorta...maybe...

-elizabeth

Last night in sweet slumber I dreamed I did see my own precious jewel sat smiling by me.

And when I awakened I found it not so; my eyes like some fountain with tears overflowed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next